PDA

View Full Version : Dad-To-Be

zenanarchist
2010-09-23, 10:26 PM
So, my future spawn is being delivered via flying, sheet carrying, baby encased, stalk on the 12th of March and I noticed a distinctive lack of dad to be threads here.

Just thought I'd see who else out there has begun creation of an evil lingeage of devilish rebellious world dominators?

My plans for my child:

I want him to play some form of sport, health reasons
I want to teach him colours backwards, so that he can argue with his teachers
I want to make him INCREDIBLY smart so that he can SUCCESSFULLY argue with his teachers, calling them on the "It's all a matter of perception" front.
I will save up various forms of repayment for any misdemeanours he commits whilst young (E.g arriving at his school in a nightgown with just my boxers on underneath and allowing it to flap open in the breeze as I scream at the top of my lungs "HI SUNSHINE!"

And so forth. So...any other dad's to be? What's your feeling on it? How old are you?

I'm 24, and yes we planned it.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-09-23, 10:28 PM
First off, congratulations!

I'm 17, have never been in a relationship, and am in the process of applying for college, and veterinary school after that. So no, I'm not exactly planning to have kids right now. :smalltongue:

zenanarchist
2010-09-23, 10:31 PM
Why thank you! Pretty stoked about it, provided all travels well until March.

Jakob William Southern

However, I'm changing my last name to Stone.

Jakob William Stone.

I am excited for two reasons: One, I'm having a kid.

Two, if we call him Bill instead of William, his first initials will be JB... Then his nickname can be JB HIFI (Store here in Australia) then our signature secret handshake can include JB HIFIVE! Boom. Yes, we'll be that cool to pull it off without looking nerdy.

My partner accused me of naming my child Jakob William solely so that I can do that!!!! Well...okay she may have been right.

I'm 17, have never been in a relationship, and am in the process of applying for college, and veterinary school after that. So no, I'm not exactly planning to have kids right now

That's....probably for the best. :smalltongue: Goodluck with college and vet school though!

Marnath
2010-09-23, 10:36 PM
First off, congratulations!

I'm 17, have never been in a relationship, and am in the process of applying for college, and veterinary school after that. So no, I'm not exactly planning to have kids right now. :smalltongue:

Good for you Coffee, keep your eye on the goal. :smallsmile: I feel like pointing out though that if you did have kids you'd still never be a Dad-to-be. What with being female and all. :smalltongue:

Lady Moreta
2010-09-23, 10:54 PM
Two, if we call him Bill instead of William, his first initials will be JB... Then his nickname can be JB HIFI (Store here in Australia) then our signature secret handshake can include JB HIFIVE! Boom. Yes, we'll be that cool to pull it off without looking nerdy.

That is awesomely nerdy and very cool :smallbiggrin:

Oh, and congratulations!

doc*sk
2010-09-23, 10:59 PM
Congrats! I too am a Dad-to-Be (next month).

You didn't mention anything about gaming. Will that be included in the world domination? I've put a lot of thought into it, but haven't decided myself.

zenanarchist
2010-09-24, 12:17 AM
That is awesomely nerdy and very cool :smallbiggrin:

Oh, and congratulations!

lol my fiance hated it, then laughed and realised she LOVED the name Jakob William. Score one for Matt.

Congrats! I too am a Dad-to-Be (next month).

You didn't mention anything about gaming. Will that be included in the world domination? I've put a lot of thought into it, but haven't decided myself.

Nice! Gaming? Gaming is a must. Gaming builds strategy thought processes. I think heavy emphasis on RTS, RPG and Risk!!! lol. Nah games, be it video or board are a great father/son bonding thing, games are a must.

Temotei
2010-09-24, 12:34 AM
Nice! Gaming? Gaming is a must. Gaming builds strategy thought processes. I think heavy emphasis on RTS, RPG and Risk!!! lol. Nah games, be it video or board are a great father/son bonding thing, games are a must.

For the record, I learned how to read from video games (mostly The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and a few games before that).

Sure, I read books and such, but that didn't get me a vocabulary to shame the gods. :smalltongue:

zenanarchist
2010-09-24, 12:37 AM
For the record, I learned how to read from video games (mostly The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and a few games before that).

Yep. Gaming was responsible for a large part of my reading skills too. Hell, gaming actually prompted me to begin writing as a career. Breath of Fire anyone? Secret of Mana? Yep. There it is.

Sure, I read books and such, but that didn't get me a vocabulary to shame the gods. :smalltongue:

Damn right! BURN BOOKS! No, not really. :smallamused:

Katana_Geldar
2010-09-24, 01:22 AM
Teach him to game so by the time he's 13 he'll be a good DM.

zenanarchist
2010-09-24, 01:26 AM
Teach him to game so by the time he's 13 he'll be a good DM.

Hello fellow Australian! lol. EDIT: Just realised that Lady was actually Australia too. Wow. Go us from down under!

Yeah that's the plan stan. Unless his mother decides that there won't be ANOTHER generation of nerds in our family. *glares at his fiance* Damn you woman.

rakkoon
2010-09-24, 01:40 AM
Congrats, dad of two girls here. Sports is a must, they can choose whatever they want but must do at least one sport (preferably not football/soccer but we'll see). Hope that your child is not too smart, I know of two gifted children in my surroundings and they are not happy.
Be the bestest dad in the world !

zenanarchist
2010-09-24, 01:42 AM
Congrats, dad of two girls here. Sports is a must, they can choose whatever they want but must do at least one sport (preferably not football/soccer but we'll see). Hope that your child is not too smart, I know of two gifted children in my surroundings and they are not happy.
Be the bestest dad in the world !

Genius kid is a MASSIVE no-no. Far too much pressure on a child. I want my kid to be exceptionally smart and HAPPY, not genius and depressed!

Did you find raising the kids to be difficult? I'm stressed I'm not going to make a good dad. lol.

Kjata
2010-09-24, 03:49 AM

Haha I know what you mean. I blew threw high school English on a vocab developed playing Final Fantasy.

Oh, and congrats on the kid. A friend of mine is having a kid soon too. But his was unplanned.

Skeppio
2010-09-24, 04:01 AM
Hello fellow Australian! lol. EDIT: Just realised that Lady was actually Australia too. Wow. Go us from down under!

Yeah that's the plan stan. Unless his mother decides that there won't be ANOTHER generation of nerds in our family. *glares at his fiance* Damn you woman.

You have congratulations from Victoria, too!

And a new generation of nerds is a must if we are to survive! :smallbiggrin:
Teach him the good stuff and be the best dad ever!

Dallas-Dakota
2010-09-24, 04:35 AM
My first child will have the initials J.D.

I'm 17, have no idea, but that is the one and only requirement that I know so far. He or she will have the initials J.D.:smalltongue:

zenanarchist
2010-09-24, 06:37 PM
Haha I know what you mean. I blew threw high school English on a vocab developed playing Final Fantasy.

Oh, and congrats on the kid. A friend of mine is having a kid soon too. But his was unplanned.

Unplanned....Gods I would panic...I mean I'm panicking now and I aimed for this! And thanks!

You have congratulations from Victoria, too!

And a new generation of nerds is a must if we are to survive! :smallbiggrin:
Teach him the good stuff and be the best dad ever!

Hey I'm in Melbourne too! Nice nice! Where abouts? North? South? And I shall try my hardest to teach him the good stuff lol. I'm not too well versed but by the time he can speak I intend to be!

My first child will have the initials J.D.

I'm 17, have no idea, but that is the one and only requirement that I know so far. He or she will have the initials J.D.:smalltongue:

.....Scrubs fan as well?

Vorpalbob
2010-09-24, 08:22 PM
Ah, children. How we love them. How they drive us mad.

I'm the older brother of a four-year old. My suggestion? DON'T let them watch TV. At least not children's programming. I find few things more painful than watching a half dozen grown men and women dancing around in colourful costumes to a song written by a terrible folk musician. I'm not sure if kid's shows are better in Australia, but in Canada all of the shows were created by a 'committee' of liberal arts students with unlimited access to mind-altering drugs.

A lot of All parents have trouble getting their children to sleep, but my mother used a little trick on me: When the child is going to sleep, DON'T quiet the house down. Continue to do your normal things, cooking and cleaning and whatnot; and don't tell guests to be quiet. A child who learns to sleep through noises will sleep more soundly later in life as well. By the time I was a year old, I could sleep on the couch while my mother watched TNG in the same room :smalltongue:.

Keep gaming always in your household, and another will join our ranks!
MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Trog
2010-09-24, 08:56 PM
Congrats!

Dad of two boys here. The little trogs take after their dad in various ways. Though they do end up a little different.

*two smaller troglodytes wander past with tumblers of alcohol and smoking prolifically*

*jerks thumb at* See that? Drinks had ice. Crazy kids.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-09-24, 08:59 PM
I'm the older brother of a four-year old. My suggestion? DON'T let them watch TV. At least not children's programming. I find few things more painful than watching a half dozen grown men and women dancing around in colourful costumes to a song written by a terrible folk musician. I'm not sure if kid's shows are better in Australia, but in Canada all of the shows were created by a 'committee' of liberal arts students with unlimited access to mind-altering drugs.

What? What about Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood? Or Sesame Street?!

Marnath
2010-09-24, 10:05 PM

Sesame Street is primarily an American thing I think. And Mr. Rogers hasn't aired since his death. :smallfrown:
Leastways I never hear of it anymore. Shame, I grew up on that.

EmeraldRose
2010-09-25, 10:45 AM
Congrats!

Dad of two boys here. The little trogs take after their dad in various ways. Though they do end up a little different.

*two smaller troglodytes wander past with tumblers of alcohol and smoking prolifically*

I have to agree, the male spawn do end up acting rather like their fathers. Both current Mini-Andres are very much like their dad, and I can only guess that the Mini-Andre-to-be will as well. :smallbiggrin:

Congrats Zen! Welcome to parenthood! Raise your spawn well, and you can someday dress them up like Darth Vader or let them play with all your minis...Of course, I would recommend making sure you know how to fix them after arms or swords break off.

Fax Celestis
2010-09-25, 11:08 AM
So, my future spawn is being delivered via flying, sheet carrying, baby encased, stalk on the 12th of March and I noticed a distinctive lack of dad to be threads here.

^5, my wife's due on Dec 14th.

RabbitHoleLost
2010-09-25, 11:34 AM
There's so much good news on the Playground lately. It makes me very, very happy.

Congratulations, Zen, Emerald (Okay, Mommy to be.You've been through this, before, though, so I guess it would be mommy-again =P), and Fax.

EmeraldRose
2010-09-25, 11:55 AM
Thanks Rabbit :smallsmile: We're actually getting pretty close. Due date is mid November, but since there were all the complications with the second one, we're actually looking at mid to late October.

SpekterofDavid
2010-09-25, 01:21 PM
Well not a Dad to be but "Child suffering (Well only a little) because of inexperienced parents"

Im 15 but I have a good memory and journal that streches to me bieng 6 years old. So im here to give you some tips:

A) If your son happens to be more of a sports person, dont shove rpgs in his face. My dad wanted me to be more of a sports person and nothing feels worse than knowing that your dad doesn't respect your interests.
B) At the same time If you want your kid to know something (Either it be violin lessons or Karate) have them learn it. If they say something like: I wannah learn to swim then change their mind later, force them to continue. I didnt want to do ty kwon do (However it is pronounced) and now im realy grateful.
C)

Now my dad is very experienced but before, I was scolded alot for doing extremely minor things. Do not do the same mistake.

Ps; I was unplanned and my parents would have not married if I wasnt in the pic. But now they love each other. =)

Mordaenor
2010-09-25, 03:52 PM
Congratulations! Our first is due February 2nd.

zenanarchist
2010-09-26, 12:29 AM
Holy Bajeebus! Okay, replies!

I concur. Friggin Teletubbies. Has anyone seen that? These psychadelic aliens tripped out on acid searching for stuff that they KEEP losing and can only talk about themselves in the third person narrative....It freaked me out. I didn't sleep for a week.

A lot of All parents have trouble getting their children to sleep, but my mother used a little trick on me: When the child is going to sleep, DON'T quiet the house down. Continue to do your normal things, cooking and cleaning and whatnot; and don't tell guests to be quiet. A child who learns to sleep through noises will sleep more soundly later in life as well. By the time I was a year old, I could sleep on the couch while my mother watched TNG in the same room :smalltongue:.

I actually one hundred percent agree with you here!!!!

Keep gaming always in your household, and another will join our ranks!
MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

.....BWAHAHAHAHA *COUGH COUGH HACK* HAHAHA *COUGH* ....ha.

Congrats!

Crazy crazy kids and their crazy crazy past times.

Congrats Zen! Welcome to parenthood! Raise your spawn well, and you can someday dress them up like Darth Vader or let them play with all your minis...Of course, I would recommend making sure you know how to fix them after arms or swords break off.

I am so looking forward to dressing them up in random stuff to mess with their teachers. God yes. "Look Miss Crabapple, Jakob wanted to be a four armed alien with a superman cape and batman ears and that's what he'll damn well be. Don't stifle my kids creativity.

^5, my wife's due on Dec 14th.

Oh wow. Congrats on that upcoming wonderful news! Are ya nervous Fax?

There's so much good news on the Playground lately. It makes me very, very happy.

Congratulations, Zen, Emerald (Okay, Mommy to be.You've been through this, before, though, so I guess it would be mommy-again =P), and Fax.

Thanks a tonne! Nervous but excited!

Thanks Rabbit :smallsmile: We're actually getting pretty close. Due date is mid November, but since there were all the complications with the second one, we're actually looking at mid to late October.

Congrats for November. Wow at all the soon to be spawn bearers.

*snip* I agree totally. If little Jakob says he wants to play rugby, I'll put him on a team. If he wants to bury his nose in a book, I'll let him. My only condition is he has to do some form of physical excercise. Even if it's just coming riding/jogging with his dad.

Congratulations! Our first is due February 2nd.

Woot! Another! Congrats!

Wow people. Look at you all go ya baby making machines. The love is strong on the GITP forums....and evidently partially naked at least. lol.

rakkoon
2010-09-26, 01:23 AM
Did you find raising the kids to be difficult? I'm stressed I'm not going to make a good dad. lol.

Some difficult decisions to make but the hardest thing is both giving them love and actually teaching them something. Some kids get no hugs and that is sad. Some kids get to do whatever they want and turn out brats while the parents have a nervous breakdown. This is also bad. All in all it isn't that bad.

I actually had a lot of help from shows such as Supernanny. They talk about giving them going to bed rituals and when you give a child a timeout to talk to them at their own level (so sitting down and not leaning down on them as an ogre) and telling them why they were punished and ending with a hug.

The two kids are watching television with their mouths open at this moment so not sure if I'm doing that good a job :smallbiggrin:

Knaight
2010-09-26, 01:47 AM

I can credit a rather significant portion of my current typing speed to a MUD. Essays have simply allowed maintenance.

Regarding intelligence, I am not a happy person by any means, at any time. That said, I would not trade one iota of intelligence for happiness, and would trade away what little happiness I do have for further intelligence; however my situation is not a parallel to the smart-genius division and my intelligence is likely below average, thus allowing comparisons between two limited resources, not one limited resource and one abundant resource.

And congratulations, and good luck at being a parent. Rumor has it it is deeply rewarding and satisfying. I wouldn't know.

EmeraldRose
2010-09-26, 09:19 AM
Holy Bajeebus! Okay, replies!

*snip*

I am so looking forward to dressing them up in random stuff to mess with their teachers. God yes. "Look Miss Crabapple, Jakob wanted to be a four armed alien with a superman cape and batman ears and that's what he'll damn well be. Don't stifle my kids creativity.
*snip some more*
Congrats for November. Wow at all the soon to be spawn bearers.

*further snip*
Wow people. Look at you all go ya baby making machines. The love is strong on the GITP forums....and evidently partially naked at least. lol.

Our 7 year old totally picked out his whole costume last year. He wore a long sleeved glow-in-the-dark skeleton torso shirt, with a vampire cape and makeup, and had a devil pitchfork. It was pretty awesome, and actually cost less than buying an entire costume.

This year, (since yesterday) Andre finally bought him the Wolverine costume he's been begging for for around a year. He has had it on since yesterday afternoon. Yes he slept in it with the cloth mask on :smallbiggrin:

Thanks for the congrats. Seems to be a whole bunch of us these days who are spawning. It merely takes us one step closer to taking over the world for Gamerkind. :smallwink:

Eon
2010-09-26, 10:08 AM
Congratulations!!

I have quite a few years (and college most likely) to go through before I need to think about kids/marriage....

(But I intend to wait.)

Knaight
2010-09-26, 05:42 PM
Our 7 year old totally picked out his whole costume last year. He wore a long sleeved glow-in-the-dark skeleton torso shirt, with a vampire cape and makeup, and had a devil pitchfork. It was pretty awesome, and actually cost less than buying an entire costume.

I like it.

zenanarchist
2010-09-26, 06:06 PM
Some difficult decisions to make but the hardest thing is both giving them love and actually teaching them something. Some kids get no hugs and that is sad. Some kids get to do whatever they want and turn out brats while the parents have a nervous breakdown. This is also bad. All in all it isn't that bad.

I actually had a lot of help from shows such as Supernanny. They talk about giving them going to bed rituals and when you give a child a timeout to talk to them at their own level (so sitting down and not leaning down on them as an ogre) and telling them why they were punished and ending with a hug.

The two kids are watching television with their mouths open at this moment so not sure if I'm doing that good a job :smallbiggrin:

....Super nanny. Awesome advice. Didn't even think of that show. I remember seeing one of the episodes and she was awesome.

I can credit a rather significant portion of my current typing speed to a MUD. Essays have simply allowed maintenance.

Regarding intelligence, I am not a happy person by any means, at any time. That said, I would not trade one iota of intelligence for happiness, and would trade away what little happiness I do have for further intelligence; however my situation is not a parallel to the smart-genius division and my intelligence is likely below average, thus allowing comparisons between two limited resources, not one limited resource and one abundant resource.

And congratulations, and good luck at being a parent. Rumor has it it is deeply rewarding and satisfying. I wouldn't know.

Your post made me sad. Why not happy? Intelligence is all well and good, but at the end of your life when you start getting senile and losing intelligence...What else do you have? :smallfrown:

Vorpalbob
2010-09-27, 03:40 AM

I do not intend to demean these wonderful programmes at all. When I said what I said, I was referring to the shows currently being broadcast on stations such as Treehouse and CBC kids. I remember loving the Muppets as a young child. Not only that but I'm now discovering that there were a whole bunch of jokes in these older shows that were written for adults. Modern shows? If a three-year old can't understand the concept, it's immediately trashed.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-09-27, 09:06 PM
I do not intend to demean these wonderful programmes at all. When I said what I said, I was referring to the shows currently being broadcast on stations such as Treehouse and CBC kids. I remember loving the Muppets as a young child. Not only that but I'm now discovering that there were a whole bunch of jokes in these older shows that were written for adults. Modern shows? If a three-year old can't understand the concept, it's immediately trashed.

Oh man, you scared me for a moment there! Yeah, I agree. Apparently my younger self did too; I apparently hated Barney while I loved (And still love) Sesame Street and Winny the Pooh.

Fax Celestis
2010-09-27, 09:07 PM
Oh wow. Congrats on that upcoming wonderful news! Are ya nervous Fax?

A little. Not really.

zenanarchist
2010-09-28, 01:31 AM
A little. Not really.

Then I presume you've had one before or you are an exceptionally brave individual. I'm excited as heck but also scared sh**less that I'm going to do something wrong or, worst case scenario..... Drop the baby :smalleek:

Temotei
2010-09-28, 01:44 AM
I remember loving the Muppets as a young child.

That show is sweet.

Menomena. Doo-doo-doo-doo-doo. Menomena. Doo-doo-doo-doo. Menomena-mena-mena-mena-mena-mena...mena......mena..........Menomena. Doo-doo-doo-doo. :smallamused:

Mi-mi-mi-mi-mi-mi-mi-mi, mi-mi-mi-mi-mi, mi-mi! Mi-mi-mi-mi-mi-mi-mi-mi, mi-mi-mi-mi-mi, mi-mi. Mi-mi-mi-mi-mi-mimimi-mi...etc.

A local radio station had the above playing, asking what character it was when a person called in. They got it right (Beaker), but then they were complaining about it and calling it atrocious and I wanted to drive to Saint Cloud and throw a beaker in their faces. Unfortunately, I had school, and I have no science classes. :smallsigh:

junglesteve
2010-09-28, 01:47 AM
I should ask my mother what the heck she did for my first two years of life. According to her I was speaking before I was one year old and my first sentence was asking my grandmother "Gwamma want a toffee too?" at a year and a half.

My dad also read the paper to me all the time which might be the reason I tested in the top 98 percentile on the ACT for the reading comprehension portion. So I guess read all the effing time to him?

zenanarchist
2010-09-28, 02:00 AM
I should ask my mother what the heck she did for my first two years of life. According to her I was speaking before I was one year old and my first sentence was asking my grandmother "Gwamma want a toffee too?" at a year and a half.

My dad also read the paper to me all the time which might be the reason I tested in the top 98 percentile on the ACT for the reading comprehension portion. So I guess read all the effing time to him?

I have started reading War and Peace and also stories by Edgar Allen Poe to my fiance's belly. I hope it'll have some impact.

Syka
2010-09-28, 07:10 AM
Congrats to all the dads-and-moms-to-be. :smallsmile:

When my sister and I were younger we didn't have a bedtime per se. We had to be in bed by a certain time, but we were allowed one stuffed animal (couldn't play with it) and were allowed to stay up as late as we wanted as long as we were reading. To this day, I love to read. I can't seem to ever get in to e-books the way I get in to physical books. It's just the whole experience to me is relaxing, and I think a lot of that has to do with the early love of reading my parents instilled in me.

Oddly, I didn't show this in school until about first grade. They thought I was behind. Yeah...I never put a book down after that. I skipped most of a year of middle school english (it was useless, in any case) to go help out in the library. I wish I could still do that. :)

Also, definitely not a mom-to-be over here. :smallwink: Because I was having stomach pains, that is one thing urgent care checked when I went in this weekend. This is good, since I'm so far from ready for kids. Can't wait for my sister to spawn, though, so I can spoil the nieces and nephews. :smallamused:

rakkoon
2010-09-28, 08:28 AM
worst case scenario..... Drop the baby :smalleek:

I actually fell down the stairs carrying my 3 months old. Took the fall on my arm and side, kid had a small bruise on her thigh. I handed her to my wife and had to sit down for a few minutes. Seriously, don't do that

Marnath
2010-09-28, 12:46 PM
I actually fell down the stairs carrying my 3 months old. Took the fall on my arm and side, kid had a small bruise on her thigh. I handed her to my wife and had to sit down for a few minutes. Seriously, don't do that

Yeah, this is why you don't really need to worry about dropping your kid. Your instinct will be to shield the child with your own body. You might get bruised, or even break several bones but in the end the kid will be gurgling and laughing on top of your broken form, don't worry. :smalltongue:

Castaras
2010-09-28, 12:51 PM
That show is sweet.

Menomena. Doo-doo-doo-doo-doo. Menomena. Doo-doo-doo-doo. Menomena-mena-mena-mena-mena-mena...mena......mena..........Menomena. Doo-doo-doo-doo. :smallamused:

Technically it's Mana Mana / Manah Manah. :smalltongue:

Syka
2010-09-28, 12:54 PM
Technically it's Mana Mana / Manah Manah. :smalltongue:

Doo-doo Doo-doo-doo!

(This has been stuck in my head all day because of this thread...)

Castaras
2010-09-28, 01:01 PM
Don't worry about it, I've had an unholy combination of "I'll make a man of you", "Bare necessities" and "Everybody wants to be a cat" in my head. :smallbiggrin:

Joran
2010-09-28, 01:06 PM

When my sister and I were younger we didn't have a bedtime per se. We had to be in bed by a certain time, but we were allowed one stuffed animal (couldn't play with it) and were allowed to stay up as late as we wanted as long as we were reading. To this day, I love to read. I can't seem to ever get in to e-books the way I get in to physical books. It's just the whole experience to me is relaxing, and I think a lot of that has to do with the early love of reading my parents instilled in me.

Oddly, I didn't show this in school until about first grade. They thought I was behind. Yeah...I never put a book down after that. I skipped most of a year of middle school english (it was useless, in any case) to go help out in the library. I wish I could still do that. :)

My wife has hit 37 weeks... So, technically, the baby is full-term and she can burst out at any moment. We still don't have a name yet, but are leaning towards Fiona Fan... Superhero's girlfriend, here we come.

I really hope to instill a love of reading in my kid. My parents took me to the library constantly, whenever I asked. Some of my most cherished childhood memories was going to the library and completely decimating their Star Trek collection. Looking back on it, most of the books were absolute dreck, but I still read a lot today and enjoy it.

P.S. At age 18, before she goes to college, I want to allow her to choose her own adventure. Go anywhere in the world, dragging us along for the ride.

VeisuItaTyhjyys
2010-09-28, 06:47 PM
I want to teach him colours backwards, so that he can argue with his teachers
I want to make him INCREDIBLY smart so that he can SUCCESSFULLY argue with his teachers, calling them on the "It's all a matter of perception" front.
That would be awesome. You've also just got to start teaching him to say "arbitrary signifier" from the time he is very young. There is no argument you can't get out of by pointing out that everything is an arbitrary signifier.

zenanarchist
2010-09-28, 07:07 PM

I loved this. Awesome idea.

...Yeah that helped. Thanks :smalltongue:

Yeah, this is why you don't really need to worry about dropping your kid. Your instinct will be to shield the child with your own body. You might get bruised, or even break several bones but in the end the kid will be gurgling and laughing on top of your broken form, don't worry. :smalltongue:

Bahaha too true, and encouraging. Thanks!

My wife has hit 37 weeks... So, technically, the baby is full-term and she can burst out at any moment. We still don't have a name yet, but are leaning towards Fiona Fan... Superhero's girlfriend, here we come.

I really hope to instill a love of reading in my kid. My parents took me to the library constantly, whenever I asked. Some of my most cherished childhood memories was going to the library and completely decimating their Star Trek collection. Looking back on it, most of the books were absolute dreck, but I still read a lot today and enjoy it.

P.S. At age 18, before she goes to college, I want to allow her to choose her own adventure. Go anywhere in the world, dragging us along for the ride.

Awww choose your own adventure. Then surprise her by making up a book with a "choose your own adventure" style of destinations. E.g: if you want to bathe in the sun and relax on the beach with a cocktail, turn to page 13. If you want an action packed deadly river rapids and extreeeeme holiday, turn to page 14.

That would be awesome. You've also just got to start teaching him to say "arbitrary signifier" from the time he is very young. There is no argument you can't get out of by pointing out that everything is an arbitrary signifier.

....I love that. My fiance will hate me. But I love that.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2010-09-28, 09:31 PM

Eh, for my friends, a 'choose-your-own-adventure' would be ruined by dragging along parents. My friend might be moving to Luxembourg next year, discovered that the drinking age is 16 there, got very excited, and then realised that her parents still will never let a boy anywhere within 10-feet of the house.

zenanarchist
2010-09-28, 09:38 PM
Eh, for my friends, a 'choose-your-own-adventure' would be ruined by dragging along parents. My friend might be moving to Luxembourg next year, discovered that the drinking age is 16 there, got very excited, and then realised that her parents still will never let a boy anywhere within 10-feet of the house.

Mmm but it was "before she goes to college"...So she'll have plenty of time to party once she gets there. 'Prolly the last time the parents will be able to head on a holiday with their daughter...

And heheheh at not within 10 feet.

I swear to god if a dude comes anywhere near my future daughter anytime before she's 18 there shall be some massive beat downs taking place.

EmeraldRose
2010-09-29, 07:39 AM
Then I presume you've had one before or you are an exceptionally brave individual. I'm excited as heck but also scared sh**less that I'm going to do something wrong or, worst case scenario..... Drop the baby :smalleek:

Yeah, it's amazing how much you will contort your body to keep from allowing your child to be hurt if you fall while holding them.

I was spinning my son around outside, when 3 years old I think, lost my balance and fell while still spinning him. I managed to get him into the grass, and he was absolutely fine. I also managed to hit the sidewalk directly on my elbow, breaking it.

Also, keep in mind that babies are tougher than you think. You will not break them with normal cares and hugs :smallsmile:

Knaight
2010-09-29, 07:55 AM
Plus, other people will prevent injuries as well. I've managed to bang myself up pretty badly* before preventing total strangers from running into traffic, and the instincts related to children probably helped me actually prevent injury.

*Limping for weeks is a horrible, horrible experience incidentally. Not. Fun.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2010-09-29, 08:02 AM
And heheheh at not within 10 feet.

I swear to god if a dude comes anywhere near my future daughter anytime before she's 18 there shall be some massive beat downs taking place.

I'm not joking. She had a birthday party, and invited a couple of us boys without her parents knowing until the day before, so her dad spent the whole party sitting with a baseball bat in his hands. I kid ye not.

It was a water-fight party too. :smallamused:

Knaight
2010-09-29, 08:20 AM
Sounds rather extreme. But then, the whole "only have friends of your own gender" concept never made sense to me.

Syka
2010-09-29, 08:26 AM
Yeah....um....don't be that strict. Seriously. My mom had a no dating policy until we were sixteen, but we were still allowed guy friends. If she hadn't, my social skills would be severely stunted since until college most of my friends were guys, heh.

The best way (honest!) to approach this is to, well, also be honest. The people I know whose parents didn't act as if sex, drugs, and alcohol were Of The Devil and Will Ruin Your Life were the ones who acted more responsible. By sitting down and explaining why they should wait until a reasonable time, and describing your own (possibly negative) experiences, it can do wonders. For instance, my mom's approach to us having sex was "I really would like for you to wait until you get married. However, if you decide to, please let me know so I can make sure you are getting the protection you need." and then described the correct way to put a condom on, lol. But that frankness and openness let me know that, even if I made a decision contrary to the one she would, I could still go to her about it and be responsible. The same went for drugs and alcohol. Like, I've known my mom had blackouts when younger and thus how to drink in moderation if I choose to drink, etc.

However, this also depends on the child approaching such decisions in a responsible manner, too. So if they take to sneaking out, etc...feel free to put them on lockdown. :smallsmile:

rakkoon
2010-09-29, 08:58 AM
By the time my daughters start dating I will have at least one black belt and plenty of medieval/japanese weapons lying around. I will make sure that both they and their dates know about this.

junglesteve
2010-09-29, 10:51 AM
I have started reading War and Peace and also stories by Edgar Allen Poe to my fiance's belly. I hope it'll have some impact.

Haha well maybe he'll coming hating the world, especially Russia, after war and peace.

---

On a side note, and sorry to divert the thread a bit, I have always wondered if a mother could influence the sex of the child with hormones. I am sure it's been tried and failed but I sure am curious.

zenanarchist
2010-09-29, 09:10 PM
Yeah, it's amazing how much you will contort your body to keep from allowing your child to be hurt if you fall while holding them.

I was spinning my son around outside, when 3 years old I think, lost my balance and fell while still spinning him. I managed to get him into the grass, and he was absolutely fine. I also managed to hit the sidewalk directly on my elbow, breaking it.

Also, keep in mind that babies are tougher than you think. You will not break them with normal cares and hugs :smallsmile:

Phew at the top bit and yeah to the bottom bit. I've seen doctors rip a baby out by the neck. Freaked me out. Baby fine...Weird.

Plus, other people will prevent injuries as well. I've managed to bang myself up pretty badly* before preventing total strangers from running into traffic, and the instincts related to children probably helped me actually prevent injury.

*Limping for weeks is a horrible, horrible experience incidentally. Not. Fun.

Oh so agreed. It also makes you look like a war veteran or something.

I'm not joking. She had a birthday party, and invited a couple of us boys without her parents knowing until the day before, so her dad spent the whole party sitting with a baseball bat in his hands. I kid ye not.

It was a water-fight party too. :smallamused:

lol!! Ahahaha. I love that dad.

Yeah....um....don't be that strict. Seriously. My mom had a no dating policy until we were sixteen, but we were still allowed guy friends. If she hadn't, my social skills would be severely stunted since until college most of my friends were guys, heh.

*snip*

However, this also depends on the child approaching such decisions in a responsible manner, too. So if they take to sneaking out, etc...feel free to put them on lockdown. :smallsmile:

Oddly. I agree. My parents offered me a drink at 13, saying it's best I do it at home than out somewhere. Same with smoking. Oddly, I turned them both down and now don't smoke at all. Or drink actually....Weird.

Haha well maybe he'll coming hating the world, especially Russia, after war and peace.

---

On a side note, and sorry to divert the thread a bit, I have always wondered if a mother could influence the sex of the child with hormones. I am sure it's been tried and failed but I sure am curious.

lol Russia worries me as a nation anyway.

...And I'd say that they totally could. It would make sense...

CoffeeIncluded
2010-09-30, 05:58 AM
Not wanting any guys around your daughter?

Jeez, until a few years ago my only friends were guys. None of the girls would talk to me unless they needed help with homework, and I preferred playing with the guys anyway. Go over to their house and play video games after school, since my mom didn't let me own any video games for years and even then only a gameboy.

That was fun. Then he moved...

zenanarchist
2010-09-30, 06:08 PM
Not wanting any guys around your daughter?

Jeez, until a few years ago my only friends were guys. None of the girls would talk to me unless they needed help with homework, and I preferred playing with the guys anyway. Go over to their house and play video games after school, since my mom didn't let me own any video games for years and even then only a gameboy.

That was fun. Then he moved...

:smallfrown: Now you're confusing me. I wanna let her have guy friends but obviously there's got to be lines lol.

Vorpalbob
2010-09-30, 08:10 PM
The whole concept of a no-dating policy has never made sense to me. Does anyone have an actual reason these things exist, other than the ridiculously vague trope of 'protecting our daughters?'*.

Any children I end up having will not be restricted at all. They will be educated, with the same talks I got and the same books given them. But beyond that, they make their own decisions and live with the consequences of those decisions.

*= I say daughters because I have never heard of males being restricted in this way. When my thirteen year old friend told his dad that he had a girlfriend, he got a high five. When a female friend (at the same age) told her father the same thing, he freaked out, grounded her, and threatened the guy she mentioned. DOES NOT COMPUTE!

Skeppio
2010-09-30, 08:19 PM
Daaamn. When I have kids, I'm just going to teach them not to be idiots. If you're overly restrictive, they'll just end up resenting you. That's why I like my parents. They taught me to use common sense and when I was in high school, they had no problem with me going out with friends and stuff, since they knew I wasn't going to do anything stupid.

Syka
2010-09-30, 08:23 PM
My mom's thing was purely due to educational purposes. She wanted us to acclimate to high school and all before we let romance interfere with schoolwork. I feel it was a good decision, and both my sister and I didn't have any intention to date even after we turned sixteen. I just wasn't interested until I met a guy a few months later, and my sister had a small thing after she turned sixteen but nothing else until she was eighteen (her now fiancée).

It wasn't set in stone, though. My sister briefly dated a guy around fifteen, but it was very brief as I said.

Now, my DAD'S reaction when he found out I had a boyfriend at sixteen was hilarious. Mind you, I hadn't had any real relationship with him since I was about 11 other than holidays since my parents separated. My aunt and grandma were sooo excited for me and gushed over the pictures I had. My dad just kinda scowled with his jaws clenched. :smallbiggrin: I definitely think it's more a guy thing.

zenanarchist
2010-09-30, 08:27 PM
See....My thing is is that the world USED to be a lot safer.

I mean kids could walk down the freakin street by themselves at night in some towns/cities.

Now...It's less safe, so worrying about your children comes with the territory. You always worry about something happening to them due to sick people or idiot dudes. The reason why people worry less about their sons is because generally... Boys aren't raped when they're 15-19 by their partners or the girls they go out with. Yes, sorry. Took the topic down a nasty road. But admit it, that's the primary concern of the father. Violate my daughter and die. Because you just can't trust MOST and I emphasize most because there are guys like me and others out there who couldn't even think about doing that let alone proceeding with it.

Skeppio
2010-09-30, 08:32 PM
See....My thing is is that the world USED to be a lot safer.

I do have to agree here. I do remember it being far less of an issue back in the 90's than now.

Because you just can't trust MOST and I emphasize most because there are guys like me and others out there who couldn't even think about doing that let alone proceeding with it.

Well, glad to know you're aware of us. :smallbiggrin: I'd never do something like that. Again, my parents raised me NOT to be a horrible person. Hope everything goes well for you.

zenanarchist
2010-09-30, 08:41 PM
I do have to agree here. I do remember it being far less of an issue back in the 90's than now.

Yep. Even better further back 50's,40's,30's. God the swinging times of suits, well dressed women and functional bars that weren't raves or drunkard haven *le sigh* I was born in the wrong era.

Well, glad to know you're aware of us. :smallbiggrin: I'd never do something like that. Again, my parents raised me NOT to be a horrible person. Hope everything goes well for you.

Exactly!

Knaight
2010-09-30, 09:49 PM
Now...It's less safe, so worrying about your children comes with the territory. You always worry about something happening to them due to sick people or idiot dudes. The reason why people worry less about their sons is because generally... Boys aren't raped when they're 15-19 by their partners or the girls they go out with. Yes, sorry. Took the topic down a nasty road. But admit it, that's the primary concern of the father. Violate my daughter and die. Because you just can't trust MOST and I emphasize most because there are guys like me and others out there who couldn't even think about doing that let alone proceeding with it.

Dubious. The actual statistics for horrible things happening to people indicate that overall today is of comparable danger to years ago in most ways, its just that media has become more sensationalist and more fear driven, so they are emphasized more, and today is made to look more dangerous than it used to be, despite the lack of actual increase in danger.

zenanarchist
2010-09-30, 10:04 PM
Dubious. The actual statistics for horrible things happening to people indicate that overall today is of comparable danger to years ago in most ways, its just that media has become more sensationalist and more fear driven, so they are emphasized more, and today is made to look more dangerous than it used to be, despite the lack of actual increase in danger.

Perhaps also the lack of women reporting it back in the day....or women accepting it because it was their husbands committing it. Fair call....Fair call Knaight.

Knaight
2010-09-30, 10:37 PM
Perhaps also the lack of women reporting it back in the day....or women accepting it because it was their husbands committing it. Fair call....Fair call Knaight.

That's still a problem today, and while I'm going to avoid global discussion (because it will go into politics), unwillingness to report abuse remains a problem even today, though it has become better. However, part of the discrepancy seen between male and female rape victim rates (about 10% and 25%, respectively. Unacceptably high and even more unacceptably high) is due to the decline of blaming rape victims (though it is far from gone) without a decline in the idea of unacceptable failure being an inherent part of male victims. There remain a great many social flaws surrounding this particular issue, but there have been improvements, and between those improvements and the sensationalism of media there is an illusion of rising danger.

Anyways, back to happier topics. When is the baby expected?

zenanarchist
2010-09-30, 11:01 PM
That's still a problem today, and while I'm going to avoid global discussion (because it will go into politics), unwillingness to report abuse remains a problem even today, though it has become better. However, part of the discrepancy seen between male and female rape victim rates (about 10% and 25%, respectively. Unacceptably high and even more unacceptably high) is due to the decline of blaming rape victims (though it is far from gone) without a decline in the idea of unacceptable failure being an inherent part of male victims. There remain a great many social flaws surrounding this particular issue, but there have been improvements, and between those improvements and the sensationalism of media there is an illusion of rising danger.

Anyways, back to happier topics. When is the baby expected?

The little bugger is due in March. Although apparently now he can hear...So last night my fiance had me sing....Wait....actually...I'll spoiler it, because once you have this song in your head. You are NOT going to get it out.

Gaaaaarrrrummmphh went the little green frog one day....garrrrummphhhh went the little green frog....but....we all know frogs go la-di-da-di-da-la-di-da-di-da-la-di-da-di-da...We all know frogs go....You get the point yeah?

We find out the sex in two weeks!

Tinkee
2010-10-02, 10:19 PM
Grats to all the dads to be. My wife and I are actually expecting ours on Monday. Gonna have her induced. Gonna be a little girl, and being our first child we're both pretty nervous about the whole parent thing!

zenanarchist
2010-10-03, 09:24 PM
Grats to all the dads to be. My wife and I are actually expecting ours on Monday. Gonna have her induced. Gonna be a little girl, and being our first child we're both pretty nervous about the whole parent thing!

Holy crap! Monday? Rock on! And congratulations!!! You should be due in like 8-12 hours from now depending on what time zone your in. Hell if you're in Australia (I forgot to check before I replied) your due very shortly!

SpekterofDavid
2010-10-04, 09:51 AM
lol Russia worries me as a nation anyway.

Well thats rather...harsh. I know its for the lolz but Teaching hatred from birth? DAM. Just Living in Ukraine (Russias B***, seriously the so screwed us over during the commie rules) is very harsh. So dont teach your child stereotypes, Russia is a country as any other.

zenanarchist
2010-10-04, 05:09 PM
Well thats rather...harsh. I know its for the lolz but Teaching hatred from birth? DAM. Just Living in Ukraine (Russias B***, seriously the so screwed us over during the commie rules) is very harsh. So dont teach your child stereotypes, Russia is a country as any other.

Ahaha sorry, I should of specified why.

My ex girlfriend was Russian and just....wow...at the level of ferocity and psychotic weird fights we'd have. Her mother and father scared me as well.

However, some of the most beautiful women in the world come from Russia so for that reason, I'm all for it. Also: Vodka. Mm.

SpekterofDavid
2010-10-05, 01:01 AM
Ahaha sorry, I should of specified why.

My ex girlfriend was Russian and just....wow...at the level of ferocity and psychotic weird fights we'd have. Her mother and father scared me as well.

However, some of the most beautiful women in the world come from Russia so for that reason, I'm all for it. Also: Vodka. Mm.

Plus Alot of our retro songs (We all have our own Keshas and lady gagas) are really awesome... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msAfYOOtglY even if it has some different ways of interpretation.

Look and the "Russians are bloodthirsty" stereotype died along with our dignity post soviet union. Have you ever BEEN in Russia? Lot's of Russians parody about The U.S as a country living a highly sheltered lifestyle. Is it true that you memorize states as a proof of intelligence?

zenanarchist
2010-10-05, 01:03 AM
Plus Alot of our retro songs (We all have our own Keshas and lady gagas) are really awesome... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msAfYOOtglY even if it has some different ways of interpretation.

Look and the "Russians are bloodthirsty" stereotype died along with our dignity post soviet union. Have you ever BEEN in Russia? Lot's of Russians parody about The U.S as a country living a highly sheltered lifestyle. Is it true that you memorize states as a proof of intelligence?

....Bahahaha it would NOT surprise me if they do.

But I, my good sir, am good old Australian born and bred.

Gullara
2010-10-05, 01:06 AM

That's what I like about Canada. You can think an oak leaf is on the flag and there are 28 provinces, and nobody will care. :smallbiggrin:

SpekterofDavid
2010-10-05, 09:32 AM
....Bahahaha it would NOT surprise me if they do.

But I, my good sir, am good old Australian born and bred.

I wont distract this thread any more, just stereotypes hurt Ok? But Anyway here is my advice on your kid: IT WILL HURT, ALOT

Expect:

Not to like a thing you did
Lying (Lots of it)
Probably a soccer jock who will make fun of other kids behind you back (Well it is the higher probability)

=D

John Cribati
2010-10-05, 12:54 PM
Well, I'm quite a ways from having a girlfriend, let alone being a dad, but I'm so neurotic that I've already named all of my kids.

zenanarchist
2010-10-05, 04:55 PM
I wont distract this thread any more, just stereotypes hurt Ok? But Anyway here is my advice on your kid: IT WILL HURT, ALOT

Aww I didn't mean it like that. Now I feel bad :smallfrown:

Expect:

Not to like a thing you did
Lying (Lots of it)
Probably a soccer jock who will make fun of other kids behind you back (Well it is the higher probability)

That doesn't sound fun lol.

Well, I'm quite a ways from having a girlfriend, let alone being a dad, but I'm so neurotic that I've already named all of my kids.

Ahaha no that's fair enough. I named my first kid at 10. Dartangun. With an accented A. Musketeers. :smallamused:

Marnath
2010-10-05, 07:09 PM
Is it true that you memorize states as a proof of intelligence?

No, I don't know that I've ever heard anyone recite the state names when seeking to prove intelligence. In fact, most of us couldn't tell you all 50 names and where they sit in relation to each other if you put a gun to our heads. But then, that knowledge has a lower importance since no papers are required to move across state borders, and I don't know anyone who doesn't at least know the names of the directly adjacent states.

I'd say that it's not true about us being a sheltered society, but I'd be lying. If war came to America the way it did Europe in the 1940's, there would be a lot of dead people shortly after cross-nation trade was disrupted. Probably less than 20% of the population here is prepared to survive in a warzone. At least, those numbers hold true for people I personally know.

deuxhero
2010-10-05, 07:34 PM
You have my condolences.

Err... wait.

zenanarchist
2010-10-05, 07:39 PM
You have my condolences.

Err... wait.

A year ago, I'd have said the same thing. :smalltongue:

SpekterofDavid
2010-10-06, 06:43 AM
No, I don't know that I've ever heard anyone recite the state names when seeking to prove intelligence. In fact, most of us couldn't tell you all 50 names and where they sit in relation to each other if you put a gun to our heads. But then, that knowledge has a lower importance since no papers are required to move across state borders, and I don't know anyone who doesn't at least know the names of the directly adjacent states.

I'd say that it's not true about us being a sheltered society, but I'd be lying. If war came to America the way it did Europe in the 1940's, there would be a lot of dead people shortly after cross-nation trade was disrupted. Probably less than 20% of the population here is prepared to survive in a warzone. At least, those numbers hold true for people I personally know.

I meant that you memorize the names for Tests (like 7th grade)

But pm me about that.

SpekterofDavid
2010-10-06, 06:50 AM
Aww I didn't mean it like that. Now I feel bad :smallfrown:

That doesn't sound fun lol.

1: No sweat, Its just that if you say the best thing about my country is booze then, yeah.

2: Im not kidding, most parents in my class dont even know that their kids pastime is to mercilessly mock a quiet shy kid in the corner.

rakkoon
2010-10-06, 08:40 AM
On a slightly related note, my 2 year old just climbed out of her bed (it has bars) and chased the 5 year old out of her bed. Now the 5 year old is complaining that she has nowhere to sleep. This while I'm working on my computer at home :smallbiggrin:

Kids, expect the unexpected

EDIT: Also the best thing about my country is the beer :smalltongue:

Knaight
2010-10-06, 09:39 AM
I meant that you memorize the names for Tests (like 7th grade)

But pm me about that.

That is pretty rare, there is stuff you have to memorize, but its history, math, and science where this shows up. You will have to know a few dates, you will memorize the quadratic formula, if you are a bit ahead you will memorize derivatives and integrals for polynomials, circular functions, exponential functions, and logarithmic functions, as for science, the equations aren't usually necessary to memorize, but there are some constants that one simply needs to know.

Gullara
2010-10-06, 09:44 AM
That is pretty rare, there is stuff you have to memorize, but its history, math, and science where this shows up. You will have to know a few dates, you will memorize the quadratic formula, if you are a bit ahead you will memorize derivatives and integrals for polynomials, circular functions, exponential functions, and logarithmic functions, as for science, the equations aren't usually necessary to memorize, but there are some constants that one simply needs to know.

In the 7th grade:smalleek::smallwink:

Knaight
2010-10-06, 09:53 AM
The quadratic formula shows up by then in plenty of cases. Calc is probably going to show up a bit later. As for history, date memorization is likely by 7th.

zenanarchist
2010-10-06, 05:05 PM
1: No sweat, Its just that if you say the best thing about my country is booze then, yeah.

2: Im not kidding, most parents in my class dont even know that their kids pastime is to mercilessly mock a quiet shy kid in the corner.

My apologies good person, not what I had intended to mean at all.

On a slightly related note, my 2 year old just climbed out of her bed (it has bars) and chased the 5 year old out of her bed. Now the 5 year old is complaining that she has nowhere to sleep. This while I'm working on my computer at home :smallbiggrin:

Kids, expect the unexpected

EDIT: Also the best thing about my country is the beer :smalltongue:

What is your country? lol. Germany?

Tinkee
2010-10-06, 10:42 PM
Well, just an update. My wife gave birth to a beautiful healthy baby girl named Kynli on monday! 7lbs 6 ounces 20 inches long! Still in the hospital due to a little jaundice, but hopefully we go home in the morning!! It is definately an amazing experience so far. Hard to believe you can fall in love with someone so quickly but its definately true. For all the dads to be --- just get ready! Your world is about to change completely!

zenanarchist
2010-10-06, 10:43 PM
Well, just an update. My wife gave birth to a beautiful healthy baby girl named Kynli on monday! 7lbs 6 ounces 20 inches long! Still in the hospital due to a little jaundice, but hopefully we go home in the morning!! It is definately an amazing experience so far. Hard to believe you can fall in love with someone so quickly but its definately true. For all the dads to be --- just get ready! Your world is about to change completely!

Awwww congratulations!! Now I'm even more excited. Jaundice is a bit scary but so many these days are coming out that way, returns to normal quick. So try not to stress!

EDIT: Get to find out my spawns sex in a weeks time....Couldn't be more stoked *fingers crossed* come on boy!!!!

Tinkee
2010-10-08, 11:25 PM
Once you find out the sex it seems like the rest of the months fly by! Then the last few weeks of pregnancy seem to take forever while you anticipate the birth. Ill cross my fingers for ya! Keep me updated

zenanarchist
2010-10-08, 11:31 PM
Once you find out the sex it seems like the rest of the months fly by! Then the last few weeks of pregnancy seem to take forever while you anticipate the birth. Ill cross my fingers for ya! Keep me updated

I most assuredly will! Pretty darn excited