PDA

View Full Version : Terelmin Island - IC V2!

Pages : [1] 2

FyreByrd
2010-09-24, 10:35 AM
Welcome everyone to the new IC thread for Terelmin Island.

>applause etc goes here<

Once again I would like to thank-you all for your devotion to the game, and for making it absolutley no work for me - just pure fun!

Old IC (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=159787)

Current OOC (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165042)

FyreByrd
2010-09-24, 10:42 AM
Little Bear continues to pound on his opponent:
FLurry of blows:

Attack:[roll0]
damage:[roll1]
Attack:[roll2]
damage:[roll3]

Beating him to death with his mighty fists!

It is Roland's Turn:

ooc:
I will be doing a state update in ooc shortly

EpicHero
2010-09-25, 06:47 AM
Roland, seeing that things are starting to wind down, moves over the grease and to the wall, attempting to climb over it.

Balance for passing over the grease

[roll0]

And if I can, I'll try to climb.

[roll1]

FyreByrd
2010-09-26, 08:25 AM
Roland manages to comfortably climb the wall, and approach the foes.

It is Karnin's Turn

zimmerwald1915
2010-09-26, 08:38 AM
Karnin, too, tries to jump up onto the wall.

===IF IT WORKS===

For the first time since entering this extended, awful, murderous basement, he draws his rapier, and attempts stabs down at the thug below him.

Climb check to move to S8: [roll0]
Attack Thug on T9: [roll1]
Sneak: [roll2]

zimmerwald1915
2010-09-26, 08:41 AM
Regular damage, that I forgot: [roll0]

FyreByrd
2010-09-26, 08:42 AM
ooc:
You forgot damage...also is that a crit - what's the threat range on your rapier?

zimmerwald1915
2010-09-26, 08:43 AM
ooc:
You forgot damage...also is that a crit - what's the threat range on your rapier?
My my, that looks like a crit, on a range of 18-20. FDR, I take back all I said. I guess that damage roll is doubled, plus the normal sneak.

FyreByrd
2010-09-26, 08:45 AM
My my, that looks like a crit, on a range of 18-20. FDR, I take back all I said. I guess that damage roll is doubled, plus the normal sneak.

No you've threatened a crit, you need to roll attack again to confirm...and roll damage again, then add the two damages (plus the sneak) to get final damage

zimmerwald1915
2010-09-26, 08:48 AM
No you've threatened a crit, you need to roll attack again to confirm...and roll damage again, then add the two damages (plus the sneak) to get final damage
You know, somewhere in my mind I knew that. I blame Professor Burgin for making me work late last night. :smalltongue:

Crit Confirm: [roll0]
Confirm Damage: [roll1]

FyreByrd
2010-09-26, 08:56 AM
Karnin's blade rips into the veins of the poor blinded, on fire, scout, a gush of blood follows as he pulls the blade back out again.
I made that 20 damage (6+6 damage + 4 sneak+4 fire)

The scout so greviously injured throws down his bow "I surrender!" he calls loudly, his voice cracking with the pain.

The other two scouts are made of sterner stuff however, the blinded one sits there, waiting for his fate, whilst the other one, still entangled by the web, fires his bow, impotently at Karnin.

Damage: [roll1]

ooc:
Map update incoming
It is Keric's turn

zmasterofjersey
2010-09-26, 01:49 PM
After hearing the bandit surrender, and realizing that the boat will not be coming since their allies keep dieing, he turns his attention to one of the scouts that haven't surrendered. He runs along the wall, past Little Bear and on the other side of the wall not in the webs. He thrusts his arm forward and an orb cackling with electricity shoots out of his arm.

OOC
Moving 1 square east of Little Bear and throwing an orb of electricity against the closest bandit.

I dont know the touch ac, but thats what I gotta hit.
[roll0]

Damage
[roll1]

FyreByrd
2010-09-27, 02:45 AM
Keric's ball of lightening strikes the scout powerfully, doing serious damage to him.

It is Tiriel's Turn

mootoall
2010-09-27, 10:39 AM
"You made the right choice. Unlike your friends," Tiriel says to the surrendered man. Lazarthus runs around the north side of the wall, and lunges at the throat of the northern-most thug, trying to bring him down to the ground. Tiriel then fires two arrows directly towards the southernmost man's chest. Lazarthus: [roll0][roll1] trip: [roll2] Tiriel:[roll3] [roll4] [roll5] [roll6]

FyreByrd
2010-09-28, 03:51 AM
The wolf's attack cripples the helpless scout, ripping at his throat, and causing him to choke, it appears he's trying to say something, but his throat is too much of a mess to make it out, he does however throw down his bow.

Tiriel, once he's moved once more over the greased floor, releases an arrow, that strikes the entangled scout in the throat.

It is Kirce's Turn

Ella
2010-09-28, 04:13 AM
Kirce sees the fallen enemy trying to speak and moves along the wall, moving closer to him, as she reaches him, she leans in close, putting her ear near his mouth, wary of his hands but not entirely threatened by the mans behaviour.

While she is up close to him she whispers to him "speak, I will listen to you, and save you if you surrender." She readies the spell cure light wounds incase it becomes necessary to prolong his life, if he spoke any words of importance.

Move to T8
Listen: [roll0]
Readying Cure Light Wounds, to use if the man looks to die too fast.

FyreByrd
2010-09-28, 04:22 AM
The man gasps out the word "...urren..." you cannot catch anymore. He makes no threatening move, but also doesn't look as if he's about to die either.

Little Bear Fortfits his turn...so it is Roland's Turn

Ella
2010-09-28, 04:31 AM
Kirce pats the mans head softly, continuing her vigil, hoping the poor man wouldn't die just so she could get information out of him.

I hit the wrong thread :(

zimmerwald1915
2010-09-28, 04:41 AM
"That explains the boat. They didn't want to touch the water." Karnin looks down at the man below him (OOC: on T9). "If you wanna surrender, fine. Throw your bow into the water and just lie there".

EpicHero
2010-09-28, 11:09 AM
Roland smiles, feeling a rush of confidence and adrenaline as they've overcome the first big challenge of his new profession.

"Hello there fellas. Lemmi just get it right outta the way and say I think yal made the right choice lay'n down yer arms. Ain't no shame in it." he explains, laying his spear across his shoulders.

"Now that said, I gotta be honest witcha, me an' mine here are more'n a bit upset bout this whole thing. I mean, death traps and get'n shot with arrows'n the like ain't nobody's idea 'a a good morning. he says, locking eyes with each of the remaining men, and paying special attention to the one who has yet to surrender.

"Now what I'm hopin, is that you can help me out here boys. See some a' my friends here they ain't got as kindly a demeanor as I do. I mean, lady theres some kinda fear witch and the little fella 'ats been beat'n on you grown up mean'er and tougher than any man I ever seen. They're good folks, but I mean, you've put'm in a bad mood. he says, hopping off the wall.

So what I need you boys ta do is just start callin out answers to me now. You help me, I'll make sure ain't no harm gonna come to ya. But please, fer mah sake as much as yours, don't go holdin back nothin. I don't want to have to spend weeks gettin right with my god cause these folks decide they gotta get rowdy again. It can get awful nasty.

He stops and looks over their enemies. So just go ahead and start callin it out. Why ya'll been killin folks? Who are you workin for? What kinda crap is waitin ahead'a us up there? Where ya'll hidin the rest 'a yer stash? Whose across that water? Whats in that water? Simple stuff boys.

Diplomacy

[roll0]

FyreByrd
2010-09-28, 05:15 PM
The last remaining scout fighting takes a look at his two buddies, crying on the floor, and with a fearful glance over his shoulder, throws his bow down on the floor. "I surrender!" he states. "We were here to slow you down, and stop you, so that even if you got past us to tha Boss, you'd be weakened." He shrugs, "But I don't wanna die." he takes a breath, "There's a boat on the other side of the water, it's just a cave lake, nothun nasty in it, but there'll be an archer on the other side of the water, and the boss'll be standing behind him so he won't surrender. You can try swimming the lake, but arrows will be raining down on you the whole way, or you can somehow get the boat, and get accross that way." His information exhausted the man joins his companions.

ooc:
OK so out of combat, and free to take actions as you will. Bear in mind that the archer on the other side of the water will start firing if you try and swim the lake, which will obviously drag us back into combat, so it may be advised to have some conversation both IC/OOC before you proceed!

mootoall
2010-09-28, 05:33 PM
Tiriel eyes the men now huddled together on the ground. Wrapped in sticky webs, clinging, glowing moss, and stained with various amounts of blood, they were a pitiful sight indeed. "How about you three get yourselves up to the surface. Outside the house, you'll find some men waiting for you. Go to them. If you don't turn yourself in willingly ... well, I'll hear about it, I promise you. And Lazarthus will help me take care of it." Lazarthus, his mouth still red from clamping his jaws on the poor scout's throat, growls. "Now go!"

Intimidate: [roll0] plus whatever ridiculous circumstance bonus we have from beating the stuffing out of them.

FyreByrd
2010-09-28, 05:35 PM
The three men, scared, and still blinded by your actions begin to run, down the tight twisty corridor, out of sight...minutes later you hear three screams...dopperling away, and then three sickening crunches, the realisation hit you, that in their hurry to get away from you, in the difficult conditions of the tunnel, they didn't see the pit trap you set off earlier, and fell to their doom down it.

Cause and effect....

mootoall
2010-09-28, 05:37 PM
Tiriel blinks twice. That ... was not what he had expected. "Well," he says, "They did technically do it to themselves ... after all, isn't that a way out?" he says, pointing to what appears to be a door in the north wall.

EpicHero
2010-09-28, 10:08 PM
"Hah!" Roland chuckles as he sits down on the walls "That was cold boy, but they woulda done the same ta us." he says.

"Fall couldn't be that bad. How bout we go see if one'a them fellas is still twitchin. Find out if theres another entrance err exit on the other side'a that lake. If there is, we can catch'm off guard. If there ain't than we got the boss'n'm pinned down and we can take our time and get some rest." he explains

"One'a you with a rope mind helpin me out? he asks as he moves to head back down the tunnel, asking partially because he's weary of walking around down here alone even if they have already crossed the ground.

"Uh, besides that, I ain't try'n ta sound weird or nothin but I'm new ta this and I been wonderin. These dead guys, we can take there stuff and all that right? Seems kinda ghoulish, but I mean, seems like the logical thing an all that."

Roland heads down the hall to the pit and peers down, looking for signs of life.

"Nasty fall there fellas, any a' you boys still breathin? Need some help outta that hole?"

FyreByrd
2010-09-29, 03:50 AM
There is no reply from the hole.

It was a seventy foot drop, and they were all fairly low on HP. They're dead!

zmasterofjersey
2010-09-29, 05:05 AM
*CRUNCH* *CRUNCH* *CRUNCH* as the three archers fell down the pit, and knowing that pain himself, Keric feels horrible after the almost rythmic sounds of their demise.

With that still weighing heavy on his head, he manages to speak, "Should we continue on, or rest then come back tomorrow? I personally advise the former since they know we are here, and could prepare for tomorrow, but I want to hear your ideas."

"Also, if you want to go now, I have a spell that can carry one of us at a time across the water, but you still might get shot at from the archer, do we have any volunteers?"

Ella
2010-09-29, 05:19 AM
"Perhaps the first person across should be short, short enough to be unnoticed, or at least have the best chance of being unseen." Kirce suggests, looking decidedly at their gnome companion.

"Would you be so brave, I know it is a lot to ask, but you are both fast and strong." she asks Little Bear.

zimmerwald1915
2010-09-29, 05:21 AM
"If we're gonna do this," Karnin asks, "Dontcha have a spell that can help protect the mark from getting hit? Cast that on them first, and then bust out the other spell."

FyreByrd
2010-09-29, 05:22 AM
Little Bear looks around at his comrades, "I am a mighty gnome, I can do anything, talk to rats, one-shot gricks, and make multi-coloured lights dance in the sky, I shall ride this disk of force!"

He pauses before continuing, "But do you want me to engage the foes, over the water, or just bring the boat back for all of us?"

zimmerwald1915
2010-09-29, 05:25 AM
"Jest bring the boat back. No point muscling in if we're not all there to back you up."

zmasterofjersey
2010-09-29, 05:39 AM
"Ok before you go, come here"Keric leads little bear to the edge of the water, he casts a spell that with a flash, made a light armor on Littlebear, that vanishes as soon as Keric finishes.

He then conjures what appears to be nothing, but notions to Littlebear to walk over the water."Here wakl on this, I will guide it over the area get the boat and come back."

Little Bear walks onto the water, but surprisingly doesn't fall in, instead he is perfectly dry and Keric starts to control the disk moving out onto the surface of the water and toward the tiny sliver of land with Little Bear on it.

OOC
Mage armor for a +4 ac for Little bear, and casting floating disk and directing it with littlebear on it across the water toward the boat.

EpicHero
2010-09-29, 05:53 AM
"But uh... I mean if hes goin over than comin back, than we're all goin over... I mean that boyz gonna look like a pincushion. Roland says, moving to the edge of the lake and peering across to see what he can make out.

"If I could just make'm out, I could throw the ol'Glitterdust on'm and put a stop ta all this archery from the get go. Roland says

mootoall
2010-09-29, 09:21 AM
"Actually, you bring up a good point. Should you create lights on that side of the lake, I could distract the archer as you are ferried across. Then, you could retreive the boat, and we could all go across the lake together to face this foe."

FyreByrd
2010-09-30, 03:36 AM
Little Bear climbs onto the invisible disk of force, as it slowly moves over the water. He keeps an eye out for any foes, but he sees nothing. The disk moves steadily closer and closer to the boat, now only ten feet away Little Bear is suddenly aware of movement on his right side.

Scout: moves 10ft forward (to AC,10 (so none of the rest of you have line-of-sight as yet), then fires his bow

Damage:[roll1]
Skirmish Damage[roll2] on hit

But the arrow flies past his head missing him entirely.

The disk hovers just over the boat, and Little Bear jumps down into it, It is a large boat, that's easily big enough for all of you, the trouble is, it is moored heavily to the little jetty, with a strong rope, that Little Bear Tries to untie.

OK here's how this works, I'll roll 4 use rope checks, for each rope check the scout will fire again(simulating the turns between the two). Should any attacks be crits I'll just double the listed damage instead of rolling again

Use Rope:[roll3] FAIL
Attack:[roll4] Damage: [roll5] MISS
Use Rope:[roll6] SUCCEED
Attack:[roll7] Damage: [roll8] HIT
Use Rope:[roll9]
Attack:[roll10] Damage: [roll11]
Use Rope:[roll12]
Attack:[roll13] Damage: [roll14]

On the second attempt Little Bear manages to loose the heavy knot he then grasp the oars, and begins to pull the boat to safety.

See OOC post for Row Boat roll descriptions:

Row Boat:[roll15] Goes 25ft this turn - moves out of LoS
Attack:[roll16] Damage: [roll17] Miss
Row Boat:[roll18]
Attack:[roll19] Damage: [roll20]
Row Boat:[roll21]
Attack:[roll22] Damage: [roll23]
Row Boat:[roll24]
Attack:[roll25] Damage: [roll26]
After he is out of Line-of-sight, he will take 10 to row, and so arrive (hopefully safely back)

Little Bear manages to navigate the boat successfully back to the other side, ready to take you all accross.

OOC:

OK there's a lot of rolls and stuff to be resolved in this post so PLEASE do not post until I'm done.

There will also be a map update etc in OOC, as well as an explanation of Row Boat etc. It was pretty successful really, I think he only took 9 damage!

mootoall
2010-09-30, 07:23 AM
Tiriel jumps into the boat, standing on the bow, and aiming his bow at the end section of the wall. "I'm ready when you are, Little Bear." standing on the bow of the boat, readying an action to fire on the scout (quadruple rapid shot with no penalty after we rest!!) if he comes around the bend. Should this happen: Rolls: Attack [roll0] Damage: [roll1] Attack: [roll2] Damage: [roll3]

EpicHero
2010-09-30, 07:51 AM
Roland hops onto the boat next, looking much less nervous than he had before and actually kind of excited. Seeing Tiriel ready to shoot, Roland points his bow in the same direction.

Roland will also ready a shot

[roll0]

[roll1]

zimmerwald1915
2010-09-30, 08:07 AM
Karnin pulls out yet another dully gleaming flask, and takes a position on the starboard side, just forward of the beam. It's a long shot against getting close enough to the sniper to throw with any accuracy, but on the off chance the boat does get close enough, he wants to be prepared.

readying a thrown alchemist's fire

Attack: 1d20+9 (hello, bonus with thrown weapons!)
Damage: 1d6
Sneak if applicable: 2d6

zimmerwald1915
2010-09-30, 08:10 AM
Odd how the FDR didn't roll...

Attack: [roll0] (hello, bonus with thrown weapons!)
Sneak if applicable: [roll2]

Ella
2010-09-30, 08:19 AM
Kirce climbs into the boat, quietly, she had never been in a boat larger than she could handle all on her own, and then only to cross rivers and marshes in her swampy home.

She takes a seat, and waits to see what follows.

FyreByrd
2010-09-30, 12:53 PM
Little Bear begins to scull the small boat out into the underground lake, for a moment all is quiet, until he gets far enough out on the lake for the archer to be seen.

ooc:

I have rolled init(results in ooc shortly) and will take actions based on init and readied actions...basically it means that
Scout will fire, Little Bear will row, Tiriel will fire(one hit/one miss),Roland will fire(and miss), then it is Keric' turn, I have no readied action for Keric so Keric will then take his turn. If anyone has readied actions after Keric(i.e Karnin), they can either do them on their turn or change them

As the small craft comes into view, the archer gets the first shot off at Tiriel:

Hitting him in the shoulder.

As he fires, Little bear continues to row towards the other bank

Row Boat: [roll2]

The boat moves further on but is still ten feet from the shore (AB,7)

Both Tiriel and Roland fire their bows, Both of Tiriel's arrows find their mark, but Roland's shot misses badly.

It is Keric's Turn

zmasterofjersey
2010-09-30, 08:16 PM
Seeing Little Bear get off the disk and getting the boat back safely, after helping everyone get into the boat, Keric brings the disk back, he jumps on it, and moves to about 10 ft from the shore, and gets his permanent torch out on the way so he can see, and while he glides by he shines the torch under the water to see if anything at all was in the lake.

OOC
Moving to AA-9, and am looking down using the torch as light to see into the water, looking for anything.

Spot
[roll0]

EDITED: Can I make that AA-10 instead?

FyreByrd
2010-10-01, 03:50 AM
Keric sees nothing of interest under the water. THe water is quite murky, but looks clean enough, you cannot see more than about a foot down, you have no idea how deep it is.

It is Kirce's Turn

Ella
2010-10-01, 09:46 AM
Kirce looks across the water, unsure of what use she could actually be, attacking at a range like this was far from something she had any real talent for, she could try to scare them but what chance that would work before she was close enough to truly menace them.

Stealth, that was it, the thing she could do to help, slipping off her coat she moves to the back edge of the boat, sickle in hand, and spell component pouch between her teeth, she lowers herself over the edge into the water, grabbing the side of the boat to drag her through the water in its wake unseen.

As she hits the water, she ponders the nature of the landform around her, to keep her mind calm.

Getting out of the boat and into the water, dragged along by the boat, expecting to take a check for that.

Also knowledge (geography) [roll0]

FyreByrd
2010-10-01, 09:54 AM
@Kirce:
This seems to be a natural cave, that has been formed by the water down here. There is little else of note, except the mold growing on some of the walls. The little jetty you can see is the only thing, apart from doors and traps that you've seen down here that doesn't look natural

As Kirce lowers herself over the side she has a moment to look around before she misplaces her grasp on the side of the boat, and falls into the water. However after a momentary dip under, she manages to tread water behind the boat.

It is Karnin's Turn

zimmerwald1915
2010-10-01, 10:22 AM
It looks like the archer's too far away to hit with the flask, so Karnin puts it away and takes out his rope. He ties a quick bowline around one of the benches* and throws it overboard for Kirce to grab, keeping a grip on it just in case the knot is weak or the bench gives way. Knowing that her dark costume and the dim light of the cave would make it hard to spot Kirce if she drifted away, Karnin kept his eyes on her all the while. He resisted the urge to shout that she'd gone overboard, and instead pointed her out to Little Bear with gestures.

Use Rope for the knot: [roll0]
Huh, I guess not looking at the knot I'm tying has realistic effects.

Strength check if the knot is weak: [roll1]

FyreByrd
2010-10-01, 10:28 AM
ooc:
Dex check from kirce to catch the rope please...again in ooc

Karnin quickly ties a loose knot, then the thrown rope heads towards Kirce.

Unfortunately Kirce misses the rope, and so is treading water a little way off the boat

The Scout, stuck full of Tiriel's arrows, retreats ten feet and retailitates firing at the ranger:

Attack[roll0]
Skirmish: [roll2]

FyreByrd
2010-10-01, 10:32 AM
Little Bear continues to row the boat closer:

Apologies for the double post...I forgot that it was Little Bear next

Row Boat[roll0]

Shooting the boat next to the Jetty

OOC:
You can get out with a balance check(dc10) on your turn, or remain in the boat until out of combat, then can take 10 on it! OR use rope check to re-moor the boat, then you don't need a balance check

It is Roland's Turn

EpicHero
2010-10-02, 09:50 PM
Roland rubs his fingers together, hurting his fingers with last time's miserable failure. Lifting up the bow one more time, he takes aim at the scout and fires again.

To Hit [roll0]

Damage [roll1]

FyreByrd
2010-10-04, 06:38 AM
Roland's arrow slays the scout where he stands, his body hitting the floor with a thud.

ooc:
Out of combat, feel free to tie up the boat, and if when you climb out tell me which square you are wanting, and I'll do a map, when everyone has posted where they get out too!

mootoall
2010-10-04, 07:30 AM
Tiriel removes his rope from hs shoulder once more, ties a strong slipknot in one end, and a bolin arount the bow of the boat. He then tosses it over the piling at the end of the rock, mooring the boat. Taking ten on the knots, then [roll0]

FyreByrd
2010-10-04, 07:34 AM
The boat is now securely moored, and can be entered/exited without a balance check.

mootoall
2010-10-04, 07:41 AM
Tiriel hops gently off the boat, and knocks an arrow once more. He's starting to run low, as a matter of fact. "Do we need to rest before finishing this fight? Karnin, you look rather wounded."

zimmerwald1915
2010-10-04, 07:42 AM
Karnin undoes the bowline (OOC: IT'S NOT SPELLED BOLIN) that had tied Kirce's safety line to the bench. There's fifty feet of it, he should be able to make it to the pier before it was even stretched taut. Seeing Tiriel moor the boat securely, he vaults out of the boat and onto the pier.

Once there, he makes his way to the protruding rock around which Tiriel had tied his slipknot. He looks approvingly at the knot. He forms his own rope into two large overhand loops, puts one on top of the other, drops the loops over the rock, and pulls them tight. The clove hitch should hold until Kirce made it to shore.

Use Rope: [roll0]

"Good peepers on you, Tiriel," says Karnin. "Yeah, I'm hurt, but that last room was better than this one for a rest. We decided to press on there, and things haven't changed since."

FyreByrd
2010-10-04, 07:43 AM
Tiriel gets out of the boat easily
But where are you standing?

Karnin makes the line secure

mootoall
2010-10-04, 07:46 AM
Tiriel moves north, to allow for everyone to get out of the boat Anywhere really, so long as everyone can exit the boat. Though I'd like to be able to see the area that the scout came from.

zimmerwald1915
2010-10-04, 07:48 AM
Tiriel moves north, to allow for everyone to get out of the boat Anywhere really, so long as everyone can exit the boat. Though I'd like to be able to see the area that the scout came from.
According to Fyrebyrd's map, the scout was on AC10.

Ella
2010-10-04, 08:17 AM
Kirce begins to swim towards the shore, a touch disappointed that her plan to sneeak up on the enemy had failed her so, well not entirely failed just made her look like an old fool, perhaps all this time with people was making her paranoid, but the last thing she desired was to be some fool archers target practise.

Nearest land to her position in the water please :)

EpicHero
2010-10-04, 08:29 AM
"Ya'll see how a knicked that fella?" Roland asks as he hops out of the boat, quite pleased with himself.

"Prolly best we don't linger here, if there is another way outta this place the boss man's gotta be head'n 'ere fast as his legs'll carry'm." Roland suggests, staying next to the boat incase there are any more traps ahead.

zimmerwald1915
2010-10-04, 08:36 AM
When Kirce makes it to shore, Karnin undoes his knot from the rock, and re-coils his rope. He nods at Roland both in response to his pride at downing the scout and in agreement with his assessment of the situation.

FyreByrd
2010-10-04, 09:01 AM
As everyone climbs out of the boat they see that this section of the caves looks the most man-made. There is heavily planking down on the cave floor, and torches all around. Off the jetty is a large cave, with a small exit off to the east. The party can see the whole cave, including the five people standing there, looking aggressively towards them.

One of them is obviously Fulan, a tall, scraggily haired human, with an almost permanant sneer.
Karnin:
You immediately notice his leather armour, that has a sheen like that of a SNAKES scales.

"Ye'll never take mae Alive!" he shouts, and draws two small blades that look viciously sharp.

The archer standing next to him, takes two steps forward and releases an arrow at Keric:

Skirmish:[roll2]

Just missing Keric by a hair's breadth. Then Fulan runs forward, and slashes at Little Bear with one of his kukri's:

Attack:[roll3]
IF CRIT:
As his Kukris are both KEEN(crit range 15-20x2) I'll always roll the dice as if he critted, to cut down on double posts, these will be in spoilers within spoilers labelled IF CRIT:
Confirm: [roll4]
Damage: [roll5]

Damage: [roll6]

Striking him in a vital area and causing blood to gush from the wound.

Little Bear tumbles past him, and strikes out at Fulan.
Tumble:[roll7] to AF,11
Attack: [roll8]
Damage: [roll9]

But just strikes armour.

OOC:

OK that was a long post!

There were no surprise attacks, this was how init resolved itself, I'll post the init table, and map in ooc as soon as I can!

It is Tiriel's Turn

mootoall
2010-10-04, 09:39 AM
Tiriel, reacting immediately to the situation, fires two arrows at the man nearest him. [roll0] [roll1] [roll2] [roll3] So I think I've got all my bonuses in order, +4 (d+a) for human, +1 (d+a) for Point Blank Shot, +1 (a) for masterwork, +4 (a) dex, +3 (d) magic and str, -2 for rapid shot, +5 (a) bab ... Is that right?

mootoall
2010-10-04, 09:40 AM
And crit confirm that SOB ... [roll0] [roll1]

FyreByrd
2010-10-04, 09:51 AM
One of Tiriel's arrows bounces back off the chest guard of Fulan, but the other strikes home, wounding the killer badly.

It is Keric's Turn

zmasterofjersey
2010-10-04, 10:03 AM
Having just jumped off the disk and this battle erupting, Keric quickly dodges an arrow but feels it whiz by his head knowing that it would have almost killed him if it had struk true. Regaining his focus, Keric moves to his right, and with a full body gesture, makes almost the ENTIRE room erupt with the sticky fibers of a million spiders that attempt to encase everyone in the room, and since he aimed it both poorly and well, he gets Little Bear caught but everyone else is free."Don't move." Keric says with a smile after the entire room exploded with webs.

OOC
Casting a web spell which was in a PM that I sent fyrebyrd, I was able to aim it so that it hit everyone (even LB) including Fulan, attempting to get every single one of them.

EDIT:18 ref save for everyone in the room.

FyreByrd
2010-10-04, 03:49 PM
Reflex Saves:

Scout:[roll0]
Bard:[roll1]
Fighter 1:[roll2]
Fighter 2:[roll3]

As Keric's web spell hits, one of the fighters and the Bard, seem to struggle to escape the sticky strands grasp. But the other fighter and the archer escape without being caught. Strangely Fulan doesn't appear to be affected.

@Keric:

You notice that the spell doesn't seem to affect Fulan,
Spellcraft [roll4]
You realize that as Fulan is under the influence of a Freedom of Movement Spell.

ooc:
I know I forgot little bear...I'll do his in my next post which will be the fighters turn!

FyreByrd
2010-10-04, 03:55 PM
Little Bear's Save

Reflex:

Little Bear doens't get entangled by the web spell.

One of the fighters, struggles to release himself from his bonds
Strength check: [roll1]

And with a great feat of strength, snaps the webs, freeing himself.

Whereas the other one, charges to Little Bear, and attacks him with his long sword.

Damage:[roll[1d20+5
Screwed up the roll...in a fairly large way (don't worry it was meant to be 1d8 not 1d20!) but as the attack sucked...I won't bother re-rolling

It is Roland's Turn

zmasterofjersey
2010-10-04, 07:24 PM
Noticing Fulan's unnatural ability to ignore the web, Keric cries out, "Fulan can resist anything that hampers his movement, don't attempt to restrain him!"

zimmerwald1915
2010-10-04, 08:02 PM
Great, thought Karnin. He's made himself a target, basically in order to warn Tiriel not to be useless. Karnin was worried. Keric was only a few feet away from Fulan, and though he couldn't cast it himself, Karnin knew the spell Keric was using to protect himself was hardly foolproof. He worried, and worry made him think ugly thoughts.

EpicHero
2010-10-04, 09:53 PM
Roland smirks, his apprehension seemingly gone. "Done this trick before but it gets better every time." he says with a sort of humming tone, before erupting into a tune again.

Glitterdust on AG 12 and 14

FyreByrd
2010-10-05, 04:07 AM
The fighter that had attacked Little Bear, suddenly felt a strange compulsion, a voice echoed in his head, "By the hand of Rule Lawyer REVERSE!" His limbs jerked unco-oridinatedly, as his whole body reversed it's previous action.

In other news:

Will Save:
[roll0]

The scout screams as he becomes blinded by Roland's spell.

It is Karnin's Turn

zimmerwald1915
2010-10-05, 05:06 AM
"This probably won't work. Get a potion ready," says Karnin. He hopes Roland or Kirce will hear. For the second time that day he draws his weapons, and for the first time that day the dagger bleeds poison. Karnin runs around Fulan, staying out of his reach by squeezing past his companions. He only approaches Fulan when he reaches the side opposite Little Bear. Karnin keeps his rapier en garde to shield himself if Fulan turns his attention to him, and stabs with the dagger. He aims for Fulan's thigh, hoping to hit an artery.

Moving to AD11 via AD9 and AC10.

Viperblade: [roll0]
Sneak: [roll2]

And yes, I know that the rapier won't actually increase my AC, but not attacking with it means, I think, that I don't incur the TWF penalty, meaning the poisoned dagger gets +11 to hit rather than +9.

FyreByrd
2010-10-05, 03:23 PM
Karnin's blade doesn't penetrate the killer's outer clothing, and the poison dripping from the blade seems just to evaporate when it strikes the mans armour.

It is Kirce's Turn

ooc:

I think by a strict reading of the rules if you're attacking with your off hand(i.e. the dagger) you'd still incur the penalty, but as far as I'm concerned if you only attack using one weapon, you won't incur your twf pen, so take the +11...still doesn't help much...although his buff will disappear after this round, so he'll be a bit more vulnerable!

Ella
2010-10-06, 04:43 AM
Kirce looks carefully at Fulan, somewhat puzzled, how could he shake off the web spell so easily, and his armour, there was something to unusual about this man and his armour.

Shaking the water off her soaking self she takes a few steps forwards towards Fulan, but quickly turns to check on Little Bear, who looks a little beat up, she changes her mind and uses her magic to heal him, the fool in strange armour can wait.

Move to AE 10
Cure Light Wounds on Little Bear [roll0]

FyreByrd
2010-10-06, 05:20 AM
Kirce's spell keeps Little Bear alive a while longer...

The bard, still struggling to be free of the entangling webs moves his hands gently in the air, and hums to himself as he casts a spell:

Casting Dispel on the scout to remove the Glitterdust.
Concentration Check(DC15+3=18): [roll0]
if succeed:
Dispel Magic Check(DC11+5=16)[roll1]

Unfortunatley his spell fizzles, and is lost

FyreByrd
2010-10-06, 05:24 AM
The still blinded scout, unable to be helped by his bardic friend, still stands, but not being able to see a target, he takes no action just calls out "Help Me!"

Fulan, hardly notices Karnin's attempt at hurting him, and concentrating on Little Bear, attacks with both Kukri's

How I wish I could use his sneak attack as well...oh well...

Attack:[roll1]

TO CRIT:

Attack:[roll3]
Damage:[roll4]
Damage:[roll5]

Damage:[roll6]
Damage:[roll7]

His first attack hits, slicing through Little Bear's body cleanly, his second strike is dodged by the monk.

FyreByrd
2010-10-06, 05:32 AM
Little Bear moves to avoid this whirling dervish of a killer, and attempts to head towards the blinded scout:

Strength check to move: [roll0]

If he gets more than 15:
As he moves away this provokes an attack from the Fulan, who once more slices at him with a Kukri:
Attack:[roll1]
TO CRIT:

Damage:[roll3]

Damage: [roll4]

If he gets more than 20:

Little Bear strikes out at the blinded scout:
Attack:[roll5]
Damage:[roll6]

It is Tiriel's Turn

ooc:
usual update in ooc incoming

mootoall
2010-10-06, 06:24 AM
Tiriel whistles under his breath. "That is one tough monk ..." He knocks an arrow once again, and swiftly sends off two volleys, one after another, at the snake-armored man. Attack 1 [roll0] Damage 1 [roll1] Attack 2 [roll2] Damage 2 [roll3]

FyreByrd
2010-10-06, 06:31 AM
Both Tiriel's arrows hit Fulan, one in the shoulder, one in the thigh.

It is Keric's turn next

zmasterofjersey
2010-10-06, 07:09 AM
Seeing Fulan getting hit, Keric decides to instead of blasting him, he tries a different approach. He waves his arm around like a clock that was spinning out of control and says, "Lets speed this up." and as he finishes his sentence, All of his allies feel time slow down, and feel like they can run at the speed of light.

OOC
Casting haste which is 1person/caster level, so I decide to hit everyone except me. Everyone gets the following effects which last 5 rounds.

+1 dodge bonus to AC
+1 on reflex saves
+1 on attack rolls
+30ft to ALL of their movement modes
1 more attack at your full BAB when full attacking.

FyreByrd
2010-10-06, 09:43 AM
As Keric casts his spell, the two fighters, try and head towards Little Bear:

Strength Check:[roll0]
Strength Check:[roll1]

If they get over 20:

Attack:[roll4]

The first moves a step closer to Little Bear.

it is Roland's Turn

EpicHero
2010-10-06, 02:29 PM
Roland taken aback for just a moment as time slows down around him, but he is still quick to capitalize on the phenomina. Stepping closer, he manuevers his longspear over Kirce and into Fulan.

I believe with reach I can attack over top of her, but if not than I will simply use my double movement to take a 10-foot rather than 5 foot step into the square next to her.

To-Hit First Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

To-Hit Second Attack [roll2]
Damage [roll3]

zimmerwald1915
2010-10-06, 03:19 PM
Karnin's world changed in front of him as Keric cast his spell. Even through Fulan's leggings and armor, it seemed to Karnin that he could see the man's femoral artery pulsing in his leg. Fulan either hadn't noticed him or hadn't bothered him yet, so Karnin lunged again for the arteries, this time with both weapons.

Rapier Attack 1: [roll0] 9 BAB -2 TWF +2 Flank +1 Haste
Rapier Damage 1: [roll1]
Rapier Sneak 1: [roll2]

Viperblade Attack: [roll3]
Viperblade Damage: [roll4]
Viperblade Sneak: [roll5]

Rapier Attack 2: [roll6]
Rapier Damage 2: [roll7]
Rapier Sneak 2: [roll8]

FyreByrd
2010-10-07, 03:27 AM
Roland takes a couple of steps to the side, and stabs at the Fulan with his spear, penetrating his tough armour, and drawing blood.

Karnin's rapier stabs the killer twice in quick succession, penetrating his armour, and his arteries, causing blood to pump from the wound for a few seconds, before he collapses to the floor, in a pool of his own blood

It is Kirce's Turn

Ella
2010-10-07, 04:05 AM
Kirce looks at the remaining enemies, and realises that one of them has become cut off from the rest of the group in the corner, without even pausing to look at his body she steps over Fulan and heads towards the lone enemy.

She slashes at him with her sickle, only regretting that she hadn't had time to recharge the spell storing handle yet.

attack [roll0]
damage [roll1]

FyreByrd
2010-10-07, 05:01 AM
Kirce's strike rips into the blinded scout causing him to drop to his knees, and drop his bow, screaming, "I surrender, I surrender!"

The others seeing, Fulan fall, realise that the game is up, however after a momentary pause they roar with anger and continue fighting.

ooc:
All enemies will be making checks every round to see if they continue fighting, everyone but the scout passed the check this round.

The bard once more waves his hands in the air, and hums casting a different spell this time:
Casting Summon monster 3: Fiendish Wolverine at AE,11
Concentration Check(DC15+3=18): [roll0]

but again the spell fizzles out and dies.
If Concentration Check Succeeds Wolverine's Turn:

With a puff of smoke, a snarling wolverine suddenly appears, between Karnin and Little Bear, he strikes out with his claws and teeth at Karnin:

Full attack:
Claw:[roll1] Damage: [roll2]
Claw:[roll3] Damage: [roll4]
Bite:[roll5] Damage: [roll6]

The Wolverine will act again on The Bard's next turn.

Little Bear, decides to pause to ferret out, and scratch, a particular, and troublesome itch on his bottom(full round action)

It is Tiriel's Turn

ooc:
Update incoming...and on Little Bear's action...it's not like you need his help at the moment anyway!!

mootoall
2010-10-07, 06:21 AM
Tiriel steps up through the ranks, ready to strike again at the enemies ahead. Surely with their leader gone, it would only be a matter of time before they all went the way of the surrendered man. Tiriel's quick movements take him fifteen feet south, and he knocks his arrow on the run, firing! Okay, moving through the folks in front of me and firing at thug on AI 12. [roll0] [roll1] *Grumble* moveactionsnotlettingmefullattack *Grumble*

FyreByrd
2010-10-07, 06:24 AM
Tiriel's arrow, penetrates the Fighter's armour, wounding him slightly, but the man fights on.

It is Keric's Turn:

zmasterofjersey
2010-10-07, 07:00 AM
Seeing his hastened allies almost in the blink of an eye take out Fulan, Keric is pleased that he is out of the battle, "but the battle isn't over yet" He works his way through the webbed area, and jerks his arm forward releasing an orb dripping with highly corrosive acid at the nearest fighter.

OOC
Moving to AF-12, and firing an acid orb at the fighter in AI-12.

Has to hit touch AC
[roll0]
Dmg
[roll1]

FyreByrd
2010-10-07, 07:04 AM
The Ball of acid hits the fighter square in the face, dissolving his very head before your eyes...his lifeless, headless body falls to the ground.

The other fighter struggles to move closer to Little bear and attack him

Strength Check to move [roll0]
If greater than 15:

Attack: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

Unfortunatley his sword, just bounces off Little Bear.

It is Roland's Turn

EpicHero
2010-10-07, 12:27 PM
Roland can't remove the grin from his face as he races past the downed Fulan and across the battlefield with his spear, stabbing one of their remaining enemies.

Moving to AG 12 to attack AH 11

[roll0]
[roll1]

zimmerwald1915
2010-10-07, 07:24 PM
Karnin, unsatisfied with the bowman's protestations of surrender, moves over to him and binds his hands. He would do the same for his feet, but it looked to Karnin like they were still stuck in the web. "You're just gonna lay here till this is over, savvy?" he says with a smile. Unakkha emerges from Karnin's sleeve, and slithers up the bound man's head, winding himself around his brow. "You like snakes?"

Moving to AF14

Use Rope: [roll0]
Intimidate: [roll1]

FyreByrd
2010-10-08, 05:42 AM
Roland's spear stabs into the remaining fighter, wounding him slightly in the side.

Karnin ties the scout's hands, and whether his words or the snake does the trick, the scout merely curls up and wimpers in panic.

It is Kirce's Turn

ooc:
I'll have a map/status update in ooc shortly, if you want/need to wait for it!

Ella
2010-10-08, 06:06 AM
Kirce simply nods at the surrendered and bound foe, her eyes turning towards the enemy spellcaster, he had to be neutralised incase he had any nasty tricks saved up to use against her, or her companions. Better to deal with him immediately rather than let him have a chance to do something dangerous.

Upon reaching him, she holds her sickle high but instead of striking at him, she croaks at him in her most fearful tones of voice "surrender fool, we have you beat."

Move to AJ,12
Standard Action: demoralise opponent [roll0]

FyreByrd
2010-10-08, 06:12 AM
The bard, somewhat stupidly, sneers back at Kirce, "I'm not afraid of you hag!" Then drawing a long sword he strikes out at her with it:

attack:[roll0]

Little Bear appears to be acting quite strangely, he is breathing heavily, the scratch on his bum seems to have turned into something more sinister, he screams in rage, and flails out, striking Tiriel with his fists:

It is Tiriel's Turn

mootoall
2010-10-08, 06:23 AM
"Whoa!" Tiriel says, his eyes widening as Little Bear's fists swing at him. "What are you doing?" Tiriel drops his bow, and draws his sword, the blade feeling strange in his hand. He settles into a defensive stance. Drawing sword as a move action, fighting defensively. Can I do total defense? Also, heal check to see what the hell is wrong with him. [roll0] That mod may not be correct ...

FyreByrd
2010-10-08, 06:26 AM
ooc:
You can do total defense

You look carefully at Little Bear, and with your skill at healing, you determine that he has the condition known as "deathicus, Wishicus", and that he has turned utterly berserk, and will fight to the death.

It is Keric's turn next

zmasterofjersey
2010-10-08, 10:59 AM
Noticing Little Bear go berserk, Keric knows that without armor, he will probably get hit almost every time if the decides to go after him, so he teleports to 10 feet south of Tiriel, and runs around the archer who surrendered pulling out his crossbow as he moved. He knows for certain that the person in the corner can cast spells because he has attempted to, so he prepares to fire at him if he tries to cast a spell again.

OOC
Teleport to AE-14, and move from there to AH-15 and ready an action to fire at the bard(yes I know I get -4 from Kirce) if he starts to cast a spell.

FyreByrd
2010-10-09, 03:33 AM
ooc:
I'll take your readied action if/when the bard decideds to cast on his turn

Seeing Little Bear attack his own allies, the Fighter shrugs, and strikes out at Roland instead

His blade turned back by Roland's armour.

It is Roland's Turn

EpicHero
2010-10-09, 05:27 AM
Roland grins as his movements blur "Boyyergunnaregretnotgivinupwhenyahadthechance.

Strike the fighter

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

FyreByrd
2010-10-09, 06:29 AM
Roland's double stab with the spear, does for the fighter, piercing his torso, and disembowling him, letting the stinking mass of his guts fall to the floor.

It is Karnin's Turn:

ooc:
Little Bear, Bard, and the scout(who's surrended) is left to kill!

zimmerwald1915
2010-10-09, 10:34 AM
Karnin, not having the heart to attack Little Bear, runs towards the bard. He could still make all their lives very difficult, and had showed no inclination to surrender. Along the way, he sheathes his rapier and makes his dagger bleed poison again. When he gets close enough, Karnin throws the dagger at the bard.

Move to AJ13.

Thrown Dagger to hit: [roll0] 4BAB + 4DEX + 1magic weapon + 1Haste +1Racial

Plus the CON poison if it hits.

FyreByrd
2010-10-09, 01:53 PM
The skillfully thrown dagger slices into the Bard's arm, and he chokes as the poison, swiftly enters his system, falling on his knees he begs for his surrender, "Please...no more...I will do as you wish..ack..urgh..ebeh."

It is Kirce's Turn

Ella
2010-10-09, 03:29 PM
Frowning at the bard Kirce turns her attention to Little Bear, something was happening to the little gnome, and it wasn't particularly pleasant, changing his normally amiable attitude towards his companions into something particularly unpleasant to witness, she was loath to hurt him but knew that someone had to do something or he might just continue.

Looking at him, her eyes hard, she grabs a small piece of bone from her spell component pouch, and gazes at the gnome, muttering under her beath the essential words to perform her strongest fear magic.

No Movement
Casting Scare DC 18

FyreByrd
2010-10-09, 03:38 PM
Will Save for Little Bear:
[roll0]

FyreByrd
2010-10-09, 03:47 PM
Little Bear screams, the noise sounding far to loud to come from his little body. As he does so he tries to make his escape, running for the small passage the party saw as they entered the room.

As per the frightenend condition, Little Bear is trying to escape. which means I need to make a strength check, DC10+5 for every square I want to move:

[roll0]

EDIT: MAKE IT STOP!!!!

But unfortuntaley the clinging effects of the web spell, halt his escape.

It is Tiriel's Turn

ooc:
I'd rather not bother with an updated map, unless anyone especially wants it, just let me know!

mootoall
2010-10-09, 03:55 PM
Tiriel falters in his position. Little Bear was acting very strange indeed. Perhaps that moss had more to it than he had thought ... However, he'd never seen such a disease before, and had no idea on whether or not he could cure him. So, he decided, the best way to get Little Bear to snap out of his madness was to bring him back to reality ... "Little Bear, you need to calm down!"

He swings his longsword at the gnome, hoping to incapacitate him. However, the webs turn his blade, switching the weapon's direction from striking with the flat of the blade to the edge.

Hokay, attack: [roll0]
attack: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]

Oh haste, you rock ...

FyreByrd
2010-10-09, 03:56 PM
Even with the assist from the web spell, Tiriel's sword does no damage to Little Bear, glancing off his shoulder blades, apparently painlessly.

It is Keric's Turn

zmasterofjersey
2010-10-09, 07:27 PM
Even with his extensive knowledge, Keric cannot find any way to help Little Bear so he turns his attention to the Bard with his crossbow ready to see if he tries to escape or cast a spell."I have no idea what to do with Little Bear, I could dismiss the web hoping that he would run away maybe?"

mootoall
2010-10-09, 07:31 PM
Tiriel replies, as his sword bounces off Little Bear, "He seems scared by Kirce: let him run! I don't want to harm him if I don't have to."

zimmerwald1915
2010-10-09, 07:59 PM
"You don't wanna harm Little Bear? Fine. Get over hear and suck the poison out of this mug's wound before he dies."* Karnin doesn't want the bard to die after he surrendered, simply because of a residual effect.

*That is, use that Heal skill you're so proud of.

zmasterofjersey
2010-10-11, 07:45 AM
"Very well, I will dismiss the web letting him go free." Keric dismisses the spell and the entire area goes completely scarce of webs allowing everyone to walk unhindered, and un-entangling Little Bear leaving him free to move around.

FyreByrd
2010-10-11, 07:55 AM
With the web spell removed, and Kirce's Fear magic still strong on Little Bear, he flees to the south east, and into the small tunnel there disappearing from view.

ooc:
Yeah I know I skipped a bunch of people's turns, but most of you were just going to do something to wait for Little Bear to run anyway.

So we are out of combat, feel free to loot the bodies etc, The little side tunnel is a quick route out of the dungeon, mainly so you don't all have to chore your way back accross the water etc...

Ella
2010-10-11, 08:22 AM
"Make your plea, remembering that you have surrendered to us, but we have made you no promises to you, what information can you offer?" Kirce asks the foe infront of her, curious about what might be going on here, what were so many hostile men doing in a dank tunnel of filth, had they been here long.

FyreByrd
2010-10-11, 08:25 AM
"We...we...we just did what Fulan said, he was a big man in this village, he made a lot of money, said we'd be in on it too, all we'd have to do is murder a few people, then the Mayor, would pay the protection money." The bard sighs, "But it was never enough for Fulan, soon we were just killing and killing, the money didn't seem to matter anymore." He looks around the cave, "This was our hideout...it leads into Fulan's old house, and also out into the fields a little way outside the village."

Ella
2010-10-11, 08:31 AM
"Come with me, over to where all can hear what you say." Kirce asks him softly leading him towards the mass of her compaions "because the decision on your fate rests with all of us, because the way I see it we have three choices, we could kill you both here and save everyone a headache, we could kill one of you if one cooperates more than the other, we could turn you in to the authorities, who I am sure would be happy to take the problem off our hands, or we could release you, but that would take something spectacular."

FyreByrd
2010-10-11, 08:34 AM
The Bard meekly follows behind Ella, trying his best to look non-threatening

zimmerwald1915
2010-10-11, 08:35 AM
Karnin makes his way over to the bard and picks up his dagger from the ground where it had fallen. "Who were these people, and why did they matter?" he asks. "The first people you killed, I mean. The random violence started later, yes? So, the opening acts weren't random. What did Fulan want, and how did these people, and the mayor, stand in his way?"

Karnin makes his way over to Fulan and proceeds to search his body. First, he removes Fulan's armor, and then pats the body down for scrolls, pieces of parchment, or other clues as to his ultimate purpose. As he does so, he keeps talking, aware that he might be overwhelming the bard with questions but not wanting to waste any time. "Did Fulan ever talk about who he might have been working for? And do you know anything about effegies?"

Unnoticed by Karnin, Unakkha slides off the fighter's head and makes his way over to Fulan's discarded armor. He coils himself on top of it.

Taking 10 to Search Fulan's body.

FyreByrd
2010-10-11, 08:38 AM
"What's an effigy?" The bard asks confusedly, "The people we killed were just people, they were farm hands, just working alone on the fields. We'd wait till dusk then surprise them, killing them before they knew what was going on."

@Karnin:

You retrieve Fulan's armour that is obviously magical, but what it does you have no idea.

2x Keen+1 Kukri's

and [roll0] gp on him.

You find no other items

zimmerwald1915
2010-10-11, 08:48 AM
"Keric," calls Karnin, "do you have Identify prepared today? I'm afraid I do not, and we might need it. This armor does something magical, but I can't tell what." Karnin pockets the gold. When they divide the spoils later, he'll throw it into the pot. The armor and kukri, he puts into a pile.

Karnin finally steps away from the body and towards the bard. "They're a type of construct," he explains, made from the flesh of formerly living beings. And no murder is ever random. The mark's either got something you want, or is stopping you from doing something you want. Farmers have got two things: their bodies, and their land. Fulan didn't want their land. He either wanted 'em gone, or he, or someone else, wanted their bodies. So I'll ask again, who was he working for?"

FyreByrd
2010-10-11, 08:53 AM
The bard seems to recover some of his confidence, "You think you're so smart don't you." He spits, "They're a type of construct, made from the blah bippidlty bloo blah blah." he does a passable imitation of Karnin's voice, "Fulan was just a guy, he wasn't bright enough for schemes and plots, he had power, he used it to get money, he killed people so that other people would fear him, so they would give him more money." He turns away dis-interested in Karnin, "And anything else is just plain silly."

Ella
2010-10-11, 08:53 AM
"There is another reason" Kirce mutters under her breath "fear, the creation of fear can be done in quite subtle ways, or in terrible brutal ways like leaving the bodies of the dead to be discovered and make every man and woman think it could have been them, and every child scared that there might be bandits under their bed."

"did you just leave the bodies, or did perhaps you find ways to make it worse, make it appear long and drawn out, painful or bloody?"

FyreByrd
2010-10-11, 08:54 AM
"At last!" the bard exhales in feigned relief, "Someone who actually understands the way the world works." he shakes his head at the question, "We just killed 'em, the more bodies that turned up, the more money Fulan said we'd get."

EpicHero
2010-10-11, 08:56 AM
"Wait, so there ain't no dark ritual ta some elder god or somethin? Yal were just killing folks and hopin that eventually the mayor would pay ya ta stop? In a small little town like this?" Roland says, squinting at the man.

"Ya'll are either lyin, evil, or some'a the dumbest folks I've ever run into. Either way, I don't think the world'll miss you none. Any reason you got why I shouldn't finish the job to finish workin out my pit and spike related frutration?" Roland asked, resting his spear on his shoulder.

Ella
2010-10-11, 08:58 AM
"It would be like if we took these two, and those blades of Fulans, took them too the nearest bandit stricken area and made a delightful warning, a graphic one about what happens to people who commit such atrocities, slowly, loudly." Kirce replies to the bard.

"Now what is your name, I would find it much more difficult to use you for such noble purposes if I had to think of you are more than a murderer, and what did you do with the gold."

FyreByrd
2010-10-11, 08:58 AM
"You wouldn't kill me now...You're the good guys, you have to turn me in, and get your lovely reward. And if you need to deal with your frustrations, try finding a lady." he glances at Kirce, "She seems to be your type!"

ooc:
He's a bard...he's genre-savvy!

EDIT cos Ella Swordsage'd me:

"Fulan took all the gold, we never saw none of it."

zimmerwald1915
2010-10-11, 09:05 AM
"And this money came from who? Unless there's a gold mine down here, someone was paying him." Karnin pulls out his dagger again. "I wanna know who. You're going to tell me, or we'll stand by as you fall to the ground, convulse, and die. And it'll be a shame. There just wasn't anything we could have done."

As he talks, Unakkha, as silently as he can, takes up a position behind the bard. The threat was mostly empty as far as the poison from the dagger went, but new stuff could always be introduced.

zimmerwald1915
2010-10-11, 09:07 AM
Unakkha hasn't actually got Move Silently trained, but w/e. Rolls, because I forgot them:

Hide: [roll0]
Move Silently: [roll1]

FyreByrd
2010-10-11, 09:08 AM
"The Mayor of course, I told ya, he was paying protection money so that no one else got killed, but once the killings still happened, I guess the mayor got tired of paying, and hired you blokes!" The bard sniffs loudly, "Now what are you going to do with me, and stop with your whiny threats, and just tell me!"

zmasterofjersey
2010-10-11, 09:18 AM
"What would you rather us do, personally I think we should leave you here and let the poison kill you. Why? Because of your saying that you just murdered farmers for no other reason than just for money."

Ella
2010-10-11, 09:20 AM
"What will you do if we let you live, do either of you have a trade, whats to stop you falling back on crime the moment you are out of out sight and hungry?"

FyreByrd
2010-10-11, 09:22 AM
The bard hums to himself, then touches his own chest, "What posion?" he says maddeningly, "and anyway, if you leave us down here, eventually you'll leave, then we'll leave."

casting delay posion

GRRR Ella did it again:

"What will we do, whatever it takes in the world to get on, I might even sing for my supper!"

zimmerwald1915
2010-10-11, 09:22 AM
Hearing Keric say those words, and feeling Karnin's silent rush of approval, Unakkha rears up and bites the bard's ankle, just above his boot.

Attack: [roll0] (I'm pretty sure this is a touch attack)
Damage: 1
Poison

Does Keric still have his readied action to cast as soon as the bard casts, or did that dissipate when the combat ended?

FyreByrd
2010-10-11, 09:26 AM
"OW!" the bard exclaims as the snake's fangs puncture his skin:

Fort save:
[roll0]

He kicks out at the little snake petulantly, then grimaces, "Relying on a dumb snake to do your dirty work now...real brave big man." he comments sacastically.

EpicHero
2010-10-11, 09:35 AM
"The Good Guys." Roland says, imagining the words writ large in front of him.

Roland speaks as he circles the man "I think I can get used ta that. I like playin the hero. But that don't mean I'm lettin you go. I ain't gonna let you die from poison though neither.

Bull the double stab to put him out of his misery, if haste is still going.

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

FyreByrd
2010-10-11, 09:40 AM
As Roland's spear rips into the bard, drawing blood, he chokes then manages, "OK, OK I'll co-operate, just don't kill me!" All his bravado once more gone.

Gonna have to do more than that to finish him off!

Ella
2010-10-11, 09:42 AM
Kirce gives her companions a grim look and turns away full of shame, they had surrendered to her, and she should protect them, despite their lack of value, the fact they were probably going to do wicked deeds for as long as they live, once you kill your first man it gets easier...

She heads towards the boat to recover her coat she left in the bottom when she got into the water. perhaps when they reach my age they will understand why they shouldn't be doing this. She wipes away a tear with her coat before slipping it on and fixing her face to a stony lack of expression.

EpicHero
2010-10-11, 09:47 AM
Roland frowns, but sets to finishing his grim task.

Stabbin til the job gets done, wouldn't want this getting awkward or anything....

[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

Figure the haste is gone for anything after that so +8

[roll4]
[roll5]

[roll6]
[roll1d8+4

[roll7]
[roll8]

EpicHero
2010-10-11, 09:49 AM
Oops messed up damage on what looks like the second success

[roll0]

Cam we just say I stab til its done?

FyreByrd
2010-10-11, 09:49 AM
Roland stabs in a mad frenzy, foam flicking around his mouth as he repeatedly stabs the helpless, unarmed bard until he is just a mess of blood and organs on the floor.

And the Belkar award for most undeserved killing goes to....

EpicHero
2010-10-11, 09:59 AM
Roland seems a bit perturbed by his own actions, reality rushing back. His swift execution of an evil man not going as smoothly as he has imagined it.

He does his best to play it off, though he sort of staggers away from the bard. "Why dont yal see if they other one knows anything else..."

zmasterofjersey
2010-10-11, 10:05 AM
Having turned away while the rabid bard stabbed the bard to bits, he felt the icy chill of Kirce's look before she ran away, realizing that she would have preferred to let him live. Keric then goes deep into thought regarding how many people are evil because they have the ability to be evil, namely spellcasters. Keric thinks about Terard and how he hated him for being a spellcaster and realizes that this might be a reason why. The entire world is filled with evil, simply because they have the power to do things, much like himself, the elf who incinerated Nortlin, and the bard here. Am I going to turn evil because I can use magic?While he was thinking these things Keric had his head down looking slightly sad.

zimmerwald1915
2010-10-11, 10:16 AM
There was a reason Karnin had wanted to use poison. It was possible to pull someone back from the brink. That not only bought leverage in questioning, but avoided outright murder.

Karnin thought back to how he had felt after killing Dervillia, how quick and unexpected it had been, and how pointless. He realized he couldn't really empathize with Roland the target of whose rage had already proven himself pointless. And he thought of his own part in escalating the tension, instigating the bard as the bard instigated him. Karnin resolved to have no more part in any further interrogations.

Karnin stooped down and touched his wrist to the ground. Unakkha crawled up his sleeve, but instead of dropping down into his belted tunic, slithered up Karnin's back and onto his shoulders. He poked his head out Karnin's collar and looked him in the face. Karnin sat down.

He found himself next to Fulan, the man's head only a few feet from his right hand. "Let's just get out of this place, and bring the scout with us," he says. "We can take the stuff in the pile over there," he points to Fulan's possessions "And the mayor wants Fulan's head. Does anybody have a sack?"

Ella
2010-10-11, 10:40 AM
Kirce returns, completely emotionless on the outside. "Are we leaving this place now, is there anything I can help by carrying, I have plenty of room in my pockets."

I have enough str to carry anything we need carried :P
Have we looted all the bodies?

zimmerwald1915
2010-10-11, 10:45 AM
I have enough str to carry anything we need carried :P
Have we looted all the bodies?

AFAIK, only Fulan's body has been looted.

mootoall
2010-10-11, 11:04 AM
Tiriel looks on in stunned silence as Roland stabbed the bard to death, and, picking his bow back up along the way, stands in front of the other tied up man. how terrible must this be for him? To have a band of armed strangers mercilessly stab one of his companions to death after they had surrendered? And how must the scene have looked to him? Such harsh questioning, and then the screams of the dying bard, and all while the bound man was blind? How must it have seemed to him?

Tiriel now looks at Roland with a new light. This man could be a lot more ruthless than he had expected. He would have been happy just taking the man back up to the surface, probably gagged, sure, but not dead. Tiriel knew well the harms that humans were capable of, but even in his days hunting theives in the mountains of Ormont he had never given up an opportunity to bring them back alive.

"Now see here," Tiriel says, "We're bringing this one back up to the surface. He will give up his weapons and armor, and he will come peacefully and quietly. I don't want to see any more killing of surrendered foes. Here," he says, tossing his longsword to Roland, Get Fulan's head. That's the only man we came down here to kill. I'd like to get out of here quickly. Hopefully we can catch up to Little Bear, and get him to calm down too."

Ella
2010-10-11, 12:03 PM
Kirce begins checking the other bodies for anything of interest, she starts by checking their pockets, before moving over their bodies using her detect magic curselet to be sure.

She starts to make two piles beside them, useless obvious things, like big ordinary weapons and then another for things that might need closer inspection or be of interest.

[roll0]
I intend to do it with each one and have enough uses of detect magic left to check each body. If I need more rolls let me know.

FyreByrd
2010-10-12, 03:48 AM
Looting Results:

Bard:
[roll0] gp
1 normal longsword
1 wand(used)

Fighter 1:
1 normal longsword
1 studded leather armour

Fighter 2:
1 normal longsword
1 studded leather armour

Scout(going through his pockets, while he's still alive):
Composite(+1 str) Longbow
Studded Leather Armour
20 arrows
[roll1] gp

Most/all of the stuff is standard non-magical stuff, the only thing that might need further examination is the wand...but most of you should be able to guess what that did!

Ella
2010-10-13, 09:24 AM
Kirce gathers the items into a neat pile, leaving the arrows on top of the pile incase someone wished to claim them.

Giving the dead bard a grimace she returns to her stone faced self.

"Will someone please get his head, we cannot stay down here forever." Kirce asks of her companions.

mootoall
2010-10-13, 09:44 AM
Tiriel sighs. "I suppose I'll do it then." He picks his sword up from Roland's feet, walks over, and in one swift motion lops Fulan's head off. Str check? [roll0]

FyreByrd
2010-10-13, 06:09 PM
The head comes away in your grasp, with a sickening schuuuwwwup noise

zimmerwald1915
2010-10-13, 06:14 PM
"Fine, it's done, can we get out of here now?" Karnin divides the pile of Fulan's stuff into two piles using Kirce's system, and shoves his two piles into Kirce's two piles, forming two, slightly larger, piles. He leaves unsaid that he can't possibly carry any of it, and goes over to the scout.

"Here, get up," he says. "We're heading out, and if you stay down here, all tied up, you'll starve. You better come with us."

FyreByrd
2010-10-13, 06:17 PM
The Scout, his magical blindness passing, stands and follows Karnin.

ooc:
Just to let you know, you can leave by the small passage to the south-east as the bard told you, it will take a climb check so please include it in a post if you try to leave the area

Ella
2010-10-13, 06:21 PM
Reaching down Kirce hefts the two piles, the armour and the swords piled atop each other, with the small stick that had once been a wand on top of the pile, the weight feels like she is carrying a boulder at first but gradually she accustoms herself to the load and finds it only slows her down a little.

"I miss the cool air on my skin too much to dally down here." Kirce mutters as she heads towards the exit tunnel, her eyes peering over the pile in her hands. As she reaches the exit, where there is a short climb she places her load at the top and then scales it herself easily. She then regathers the hefty piles in her arms and leaves.

Climb [roll0]

FyreByrd
2010-10-13, 06:23 PM
Kirce easily climbs the short wall, it has a few iron hooks in it to make it easier. As she reaches the top she pokes her head out, before hauling her ancient body over the lip. She sees that not only is it getting very dark now, almost full night. But that as the Bard said, she was in a field, about a quarter of a mile from the town.

Ella
2010-10-13, 06:26 PM
Kirce peers around the field suspiciously, the place below was tainted and there was no promises of it being otherwise up here. Looking towards the sky she attempts to use her knowledge of geography and nature to attempt to tell both the time and predict the upcoming weather.

She takes a deep breath, relieved to be in the open again, no matter how suspicious the location.

Knowledge Nature [roll0]
Survival [roll1]

FyreByrd
2010-10-13, 06:33 PM
@Kirce:
You are in a well tilled field, although it's getting very dark (Approx 9:30pm) you can make out some buildings to do with the village, around a quarter of a mile west. The weather is fine, and you can see many stars, a perfect night to camp under the stars.

mootoall
2010-10-13, 06:34 PM
Tiriel walks to the exit Little Bear had escaped through, and takes his time climbing up it. As he reaches the top, he stands beside Kirce, gazing around for any sign of where Little Bear had gone. Seeing nothing, he says to Kirce "I worry that such odd things have been befalling us. First the effigies, now Little Bear running off like this ... not to mention the orphanage ... But let us not discuss this now. Come, you need not carry all of that. I will help."

Taking ten on the climb check, unless you want the roll, which is [roll0]

FyreByrd
2010-10-13, 06:35 PM
Tiriel makes it up to the field, and stands with Kirce.

Ella
2010-10-13, 06:41 PM
Kirce puts down the equipment again, and takes a seat patting the ground beside herself for Tiriel to take a seat. "It is so beautiful, before it there is nothing that is so wicked it cannot be forgotten, and learnt from. Even what happened down there with the bard."[/I] She pats him on the shoulder softly, another tear forming in her eye and this time she doesn't worry about wiping it away.

"We can only do our best, and hope it will be enough." she murmers, lying down, watching the sky overhead she begins to hum softly songs from her childhood, as she begins to doze.

woah oh so fast posts, fixing mine up :o

zimmerwald1915
2010-10-13, 06:42 PM
"Can you see?" Karnin asks the scout. Receiving a silent nod, he guides the man over to where Keric left the floating disk, scrapes some grit off the floor of the cave, and uses it to outline the disk. "Can you see that?" He gets another nod. "Good, sit on it." Karnin turns to Keric. "Would you mind ferrying our friend up to the surface?" he asks. "I'd rather not unbind his hands just yet."

Karnin then makes his way to the wall, and attempts to climb out.

Climb: [roll0]

FyreByrd
2010-10-13, 06:52 PM
Karnin arrives at the top of the hole, to see Kirce falling asleep.

mootoall
2010-10-13, 06:54 PM
"Aye," he says, agreeing with Kirce despite the fact that worry still appeared on his face. "'Tis a beautiful night indeed. But don't doze off yet," he says, looking at the head in his hand with slight distaste, "We've still a delivery to make!"

Ella
2010-10-13, 07:18 PM
Kirce opens her eyes again, and looks at Tiriel with a puzzled look on her face. "Sorry child, you know how us old people can get." She reaches for her pack and pats it softly, before turning back to him. "I used to take a rest during the hottest, most humid part of the day, and I guess I have not entirely gotten used to the length of an adventurers day."

"I'm not entirely sure how you all managed to be so very vital."

mootoall
2010-10-13, 07:24 PM
"Ah, the moon isn't even at its zenith. Come now, once everyone gets out of that hole we can deliver this head, accept our reward, and get a solid hour's travel in. Unless," he says, a smile tugging at his cheek, "you really don't think you can handle it."

zimmerwald1915
2010-10-13, 07:39 PM
"The moon has nothing to do with the time of night," says Karnin, sure that Tiriel already knows this and is just reaching for something to say. "In Amarar, if we knew the day, we could tell time at night by the stars. But I don't know our latitude.

"Resting here might do us good. Nothing'll come out of the hole, Kirce's tired, I'm tired, and you can take watch if you want something to do. I'd rather make our delivery in the morning, collect the reward, and just press on back to Dalerum than stay overnight in town."

Ella
2010-10-13, 08:07 PM
"Now you listen here, young man" Kirce begins glaring at Tiriel, intoning each word as if he was in some sort of trouble. "I could handle things, unless something more troublesome than a nightowl arrives, and then I think we are all in rather serious trouble unless you all have secret reserves I somehow lack."

mootoall
2010-10-13, 08:52 PM
Tiriel cracks a smile, both at Karnin's assumption that he didn't know how to tell the time from the phase of the moon and its position in the sky, and Kirce's statement.

"Alright then," he says, "We'll take a rest." Tiriel takes the head, and puts it far away from him. Frankly it was fairly disturbing. He then picks out a spot on the ground, lays out a bedroll, and lies down on it.

zmasterofjersey
2010-10-14, 06:23 AM
Keric adjusts the spell lifting the archer up out of the hole, then proceeds to follow suit, once out in the gentle moonlight, out of the sickening moss filled cavern, he keeps the disk close to everyone as he moves up and speaks. "I guess sleeping here would be fine, but we should be worried about anything coming after us, namely the bandits who attacked Roland when we first arrived. Also to make sure he doesn't try anything funny. Whos taking watches?

OOC
Climb check [roll0]

mootoall
2010-10-14, 06:27 AM
Tiriel sighs. "Well," he says, thinking on it, "I'll take first watch. It's what I'm used to, after all."

FyreByrd
2010-10-14, 06:45 AM
Keric and the scout climb ot of the hole successfully

zimmerwald1915
2010-10-14, 08:28 AM
"You do that," says Karnin. "Wake me in eight hours or so for last watch." Karnin spreads his bedroll out on the ground, and slides into it. Hopefully his watch will come before the morning dew.

FyreByrd
2010-10-14, 01:51 PM
You lay down to sleep, the grass is actually quite comfortable, and you get a surprisingly good night sleep.

Dawn brings a heavy dew however, which makes your waking a little more uncomfortable than it would other wise be

ooc:
I'm moving Roland out of the dungeon with us, just to keep things moving...lets try and get the formalities down and out of the way, so we can get MountainKing in the game as soon as!

mootoall
2010-10-14, 02:22 PM
Rising bright and early, Tiriel greets Karnin, whos shift on watch is now over, and says "Okay then, are we all rested? Yes? Then let's head on to the town." Tiriel picks up Fulan's head, and readies himself to continue. "Seriously, Kirce, do you want me to carry some of that?"

zimmerwald1915
2010-10-14, 02:27 PM
Nothing alarming happened during the night, according to Tiriel and Roland who watched. Karnin noticed nothing alarming during his own watch. About an hour before he was to wake everybody else, he woke Keric as unobtrusively as he could, and began to memorize spells for the day. There was no hope of learning anything in the hour before the party was to begin a march to the town, so Karnin didn't ask. Instead, he simply wrote out in full a few ideas he'd had for spells that might be useful to him, based on principles he already knew.

At the end of the hour, he showed these ideas* to Keric for his approval. "Whaddaya think? "Could you go over these while I wake the others?" Karnin was normally an active person. He asked questions expecting an answer as he went to perform some task or other. This time, he stood and waited. He ignores Tiriel.

These are the new spellbook spells I get, Chill Touch and True Strike.

EDIT: And the post would have made sense, too, if it hadn't been for you meddling swordsages.

zmasterofjersey
2010-10-14, 03:37 PM
Being woken up by Karnin who was trying to be as polite as possible, and it didn't really bother Keric that much. What did bother him however, was that the morning dew of the grass made his bed roll soaking wet and porbably would have woken up soon anyway from the sheer discomfort. After studying their own respective spellbooks together, Keric replies to his friends comment before he darts away. "Very nice, Karnin, I usually don't use these kinds of spells, but I like how your branching out with your ideas. As for me I chose these* spells. Now you go wake up the others, I will check on the archer." Although he appears cheery, Keric still has the gloomy thoughts on his mind, but does his best to hide it from everyone. Keric walks to where he left his disk, which by now HAS to have vanished by now to check on the archer.

OOC
I haven't decided on my 4th new spell, the new ones I am adding so far are: Bands of steel, Arcane sight, Summon monster 3.

mootoall
2010-10-14, 03:45 PM
Tiriel pets Lazarthus, who had wandered over to the tied up archer in the night, and says "So you've been keeping a vigil of your own, eh, buddy?"[color="lime] He looks at Keric, and says [color="lime"]"So we're giving him over to the Lochmore authorities? Or should we take him back to Dalerum?"

zimmerwald1915
2010-10-14, 03:51 PM
Karnin smiles at Keric's praise, and goes to shake Kirce and Roland awake. As he does so, he answers Tiriel. "We should see whether they want him or not. If the bard were alive, I'd say we take him with us to Dalerum. The joint here couldn't hold him. But him? If Lochmore wants him, they can have him."

Ella
2010-10-15, 06:41 AM
Kirce looks at the pile of gear she had pulled out from the underground, and then at Tiriel "If you don't mind, I would appreciate a hand with it all, perhaps if you took an armour, or two."

"We should get going, unless any of you have an objection?"

Kirce has a medium load of 153lb
The real problem is the armours, if I could hand over enough of them I would be down to a light load. The weaponry and the stick barely causes a difference in what she is carrying.

mootoall
2010-10-15, 07:54 AM
Tiriel bends and takes two of the studded leather chest coverings. They were surprisingly heavy. "Very well then. We'll get a bite to eat in town then? After, of course, we report to the mayor."

Ella
2010-10-15, 08:03 AM
"We wont get that much for the armour, but, who knows when we will next find a well paying job like this one." Kirce admits, before stretching and picking up the pile of the remaining items from the defeated enemies.

FyreByrd
2010-10-18, 06:00 AM
You walk the short distance back into town where the mayor greets you, "You're still alive!" he exclaims. "I thought you hadn't made it. Did you find Fulan?"

Ella
2010-10-18, 07:08 AM
"We found him, and collected his head for you, so your village will know it is now safe, additionally we killed many of his men, ensuring they wont reform under a new leader." Kirce responds to the mayor.

I just hope they don't kill the survivor outright, let him live, even in a prison.

FyreByrd
2010-10-18, 07:19 AM
The mayor's face lights up, "You killed him! Fantastic. Give me the head, we'll display it on the outskirts of the village to warn bandits." he glances at the tied scout, "And you m'laddo will be held for questioning, if you're lucky you'll spend a few years in the Dalerum Jail." He orders one of the guards to take away the scout.

"I don't suppose any...uh...money was found was it, only he has stolen quite a lot of it, and we would want to get it back."

@Tiriel, Kirce, Roland:

You notice that the mayor looks rather shifty at this last statement, and you realise that he's trying to cover up the fact that he gave the money to Fulan(protection money) and is hoping now to get it back.

mootoall
2010-10-18, 08:57 AM
Tiriel hefts the head over to the Mayor, and then steps back, waiting for Kirce, or someone else, to address the money issue.

Ella
2010-10-18, 09:16 AM
"I do not believe we did I am afraid, he wasn't carrying much coin on him, and his surviving companion knows nothing about what happened to the money." Kirce tells the mayor, wondering if she should make the connection between the money they found and the money the village had spent.

"What sort of a figure are you talking about?"

FyreByrd
2010-10-18, 09:26 AM
"Well uh..we don't know exactly, but I know he stole a lot...you'd know it if you saw it. But I guess if he didn't have it on him, it's gone for good." This time you all see that the mayor is looking very suspicious, and conclude that the money that Fulan 'stole' was actually protection money just as the bard told you.

mootoall
2010-10-18, 09:55 AM
"Well, if you'd be so kind as to tell us who was stolen from, we'd do our best to compensate them."

zimmerwald1915
2010-10-18, 11:13 AM
Karnin removes the rope with which he had bound the scout's hands so that the guard taking him away could more easily fit manacles on him. He only half-listens to the conversation between the mayor, Kirce, and Tiriel. He just wants to leave, and knows that anything he says will only prolong their stay in Lochmore.

FyreByrd
2010-10-18, 04:34 PM
"Eh..never mind, if you didin't find it, you didn't find it." The mayor shrugs.

He is saved anymore difficult questions by a teenage human boy running up, breathlessly, when the teen catches his breath he gasps out, "You, them heroes?"

You nod wordlessly, wondering what is up now, "Commander Mongsdook sent me, there's trouble in Dalerum, he wants you back there as soon as."

The mayor swings into action, "I'm sorry we cannot reward you more, but that thief stole most of our possessions." He hands over a pouch with 500gp inside. "There's a trade caravan leaving for Dalerum within the hour, if you ride on that, you'll be there in twice the time you would be walking."

mootoall
2010-10-18, 05:01 PM
Tiriel nods kurtly, and asks tersely "Where?"

FyreByrd
2010-10-18, 05:02 PM
The mayor points to the north side of town, "They'll be loading now, tell them I sent you, and they'll let you ride all the way to the centre of Dalerum."

zimmerwald1915
2010-10-18, 05:12 PM
Heroes? Us? thinks Karnin. I've known bounty hunters that did more than we have, and their rep was as black as could be. However, he doesn't question the summons out loud, and nods as Tiriel asks and gets directions. "Well, if there's trouble, we'd better vamoose," he says, and starts walking in the direction the mayor's pointing. About thirty feet away, he stops to see whether the others are going too.

mootoall
2010-10-18, 06:13 PM
Tiriel, naturally, follows.

Ella
2010-10-19, 02:39 AM
Kirce follows quietly, knowing that if she was needed, she would go where she was required. "So, does anyone need to do anything before we go?"

zmasterofjersey
2010-10-19, 09:07 AM
"Nah I'm good, I got everything I need.Keric says as he fastens his backpack more securely and procedes to walk toward the northern part of town.

OOC
Sorry I haven't posted in a a few days, its been a little hectic. I would like to make my 4th spell invisibility sphere.

mootoall
2010-10-19, 09:14 AM
Tiriel follows Karnin and the others, not even looking back. His experience in this town had been far from pleasant.

FyreByrd
2010-10-19, 09:23 AM
The caravan drivers see you coming, and as you tell them the mayor's message the make space for you and the young boy, on the step of the caravan. The caravan driver, who's name is Frank, tells you, "We'll be off in a few minutes time, just gotta water the horses, and we'll get going!"

ooc:

@zmaster: no sweat about posting delay...I've been deluged with stuff this end, so been struggling too! The spell is fine

@all:
This is the end of "The Killing Fields" Sorry to be a bit rail-roady, but we're moving straight on to "Can't see the Wood for the Trees", which once again moves on the main story. Will post the IC beginning probably tomorrow(busy tonight :( ) then will explain a couple of things OOC. MountainKing will join IC as soon as the new adventure starts. Once "Can't see the wood for the Trees" is finished, we'll be back to the choose what you do next/shop bits!

Feel free to RP it up on your journey back to Dalerum!

mootoall
2010-10-19, 09:46 AM
Tiriel hops on the caravan, looking it over quickly. He did not recognize any of the wagons as ones that had traveled to Ormont, though he could be mistaken. And even if he did know, he wouldn't know if he would do or say anything about it. Remembering the mercenary group that had razed Ormont to the ground, his blood boils. He approaches one of the merchants, and asks "Sir, any news of Ormont? How fares it after the raid?"

FyreByrd
2010-10-19, 09:52 AM
The man shrugs, a little noncomittidly, "It fares well, they have rebuilt most of their infrastructure, and people are coming back to it, I have heard however some rumours that there are other happenings in the area around the town that's worrying the elders at the moment."

mootoall
2010-10-19, 09:57 AM
"I am glad to hear they are rebuilding. But of what nature is this trouble? Are the mines still giving their ores?"

zimmerwald1915
2010-10-19, 03:29 PM
Karnin nods at the driver, and goes over to the water pump, where he sees another young boy filling buckets of water. Attached to the buckets, instead of handles, are leather overbridles that attach the bucket to a horse's head. "Do you need help carrying these?" he asks. "My friends and I would like to leave as soon as possible."

FyreByrd
2010-10-20, 04:06 AM
The man looks at Tiriel slowly, "I think the mines are giving much more than ore."
This is a hook for MUCH later!

The boy nods at Karnin, and accepts his help to carry the water buckets.

After a few other small preparations the caravan moves off, heading down the road to Dalerum. The mayor was right, this was much quicker than walking, and it wasn't long before the walls of the city were in sight. You jump off the caravan, and quickly follow the youth to the guard post, to meet Mongsdook.

"Thank-you for coming back so quickly." Mongsdook looks stressed as he speaks to you, "We've had numerous reports of strange trees appearing in the city. Pushing up through the cobbles, and growing far to fast to be natural. None of my guards want to approach them, so I would ask you to investigate." The halfling looks troubled, and wrings his hands slightly, "There's another problem as well, there are a group of people, we know not what they call themselves, but the guards have taken to calling them the Tree Cult. They surround many of these strange trees, and believe them to be a message from the Gods. Be wary of them."

He takes a breath, "There are groves of trees in the North, south, east and west of the city, I need you to investigate each one."

ooc:

There'll be a note in ooc shortly about this adventure!

zimmerwald1915
2010-10-20, 04:39 AM
"We've been travelling north from Lochmore, might as well keep going in that direction," says Karnin. He turns to his companions. "Shall we visit the north grove first?"

"Can you give us any sort of description of this Tree Cult, Mongsdook? How they act, typical dress, speech patterns. anything that might help us identify them easily?"

FyreByrd
2010-10-20, 04:42 AM
Mongsdook sighs, "They seem to have no dress, or pattern, they are from all walks of life." he shakes his head, "As for spotting them, they'll be the ones bowed down, and worshiping the trees, they'll be pretty obvious!"

zimmerwald1915
2010-10-20, 04:56 AM
"Well, at least they're up front and not sneaking around," says Karnin, flippantly. "Shall we?"

He tries the same tactic as before, heading to the northernmost part of the crossroads that could still be considered part of the crossroads.

FyreByrd
2010-10-20, 04:57 AM
He tries the same tactic as before, heading to the northernmost part of the crossroads that could still be considered part of the crossroads.

Huh?? not sure I understand what you mean?

zimmerwald1915
2010-10-20, 05:00 AM
Huh?? not sure I understand what you mean?

Presumably the guardpost sits where two roads meet. Karnin's moving around 20-30 feet north, and standing there waiting for someone to follow. He should still be within that same general "roads-meeting" area. It's 6AM here, excuse my awkward phrasing.

FyreByrd
2010-10-20, 05:02 AM
Presumably the guardpost sits where two roads meet. Karnin's moving around 20-30 feet north, and standing there waiting for someone to follow. He should still be within that same general "roads-meeting" area. It's 6AM here, excuse my awkward phrasing.

No it's fine...It's about 11am here, and my mind is just as fuzzy.

Also I think you're now challenging myself and Ella for the title of "I never sleep, I am a DnD machine!"

zimmerwald1915
2010-10-20, 05:05 AM
No it's fine...It's about 11am here, and my mind is just as fuzzy.

Also I think you're now challenging myself and Ella for the title of "I never sleep, I am a DnD machine!"
And I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you meddling kids.

mootoall
2010-10-20, 06:24 AM
Tiriel nods kurtly once more, and says "Aye, we'll get right on it. Unnatural is unnatural, and if they're unsettling enough for the guard, they're worth investigating for me." Tiriel follows Karnin once more.

Ella
2010-10-20, 06:42 AM
Kirce follows her companions quietly, her mind lost in thought and a smile on her face. She felt slightly different ever since they had slept outside the cave, her blood sang in her veins. "What could the fools be up to?" she asks her compaions.

"Sometimes, I feel like nature deserves to be venerated, but worshipping particular trees is rather strange." She keeps her eyes open, looking for signs of the tree worshippers.

Fey heritage being rped.

FyreByrd
2010-10-20, 06:46 AM
You all move to the north side of the city, to the place Mongsdook indicated. You enter a busy, wide crossroads, with plenty of people milling about, you especially notice a broad shouldered powerfully built man, with long fair braided hair. Although the street is well cobbled, in a couple of places the cobbles have split as large trees have burst through.

ooc:
The man detailed is Ganymede, so MountainKing, feel free to begin to post IC!

A map + explanation will appear in ooc shortly!

Ella
2010-10-20, 07:10 AM
Kirce strides towards the closest stranger, a smile on her face, set hard in an outward display of friendliness and stops just before him. "Good morning, its quite a pleasant day to be outside isn't it."

FyreByrd
2010-10-20, 07:12 AM
"Aye, it is that." the man responds, somewhat suspiciously, he's a fairly tall, fair haired man, with travel-stained clothes. "What can I do fer yer?"

Ella
2010-10-20, 07:19 AM
"So many things." Kirce responds with a smirk. "I don't suppose you could tell me what is going on here, with the various people around, while its a lovely day out, no one seems to be picnicing, or basking in the sunlight." She takes a breath before continuing, looking the man up and down, the travel stained clothes were not that unusual, but he also seemed to have an accent she couldn't quite place.

"My name is Kirce, and who might you be boy."

FyreByrd
2010-10-20, 07:21 AM
"Busy is who I am, Ma'am, and I don't take kindly to been referred to as boy, now if you have business with me, please state it, I've been travelling for hours, and I'd like to get to an inn."

You realise that the man's tiredness is making him grouchy.

Ella
2010-10-20, 07:26 AM
"Oh did you travel far?" Kirce asks"And I apologise for taking up your time when you must be so tired, if you could like a recommendation for a good Inn you need just ask."

FyreByrd
2010-10-20, 07:37 AM
"I've come from Amarur, and it was an ardous journey." he nods, a little more friendly, "I already know a good Inn, but thank-you." he replies, as he walks off out of the area.

Ella
2010-10-20, 07:45 AM
Kirce gazes around the area, the young man had been unhelpful, at best, while managing to put her at her ease, there was nothing about him she found suspicious. She looks for another likely candidate to ask questions of hopefully.

FyreByrd
2010-10-20, 07:50 AM
As you look around, you notice a bit more about the people in the area. Most are just passing though, on their way elsewhere, some are standing around the trees, looking at them, in confusion, and wonder, others are talking to each other about this strange phenomenonomonomonon (I can start spelling it, but don't know how to stop)

mootoall
2010-10-20, 08:05 AM
Tiriel gets straight down to business. Strange trees, strange people ... he'd rather deal with the trees. He approaches a tree, kneels and runs his hand over the bark, examining it closely. Okay, so know nature: [roll0] and survival [roll1]

FyreByrd
2010-10-20, 08:09 AM
@Tiriel:
Well someone had to touch them didn't they...I guess I shouldn't be surprised at who!

Can you tell me which tree you touched please(i.e grid reference)

mootoall
2010-10-20, 08:12 AM
Hey, it's what he does! Tiriel gets up close and personal. And then dead. Go for the largest one. Also, originally I planned for him to climb it ... :smalleek:

FyreByrd
2010-10-20, 08:18 AM
As soon as Tiriel touches the tree, a large cracking sounds. Someone nearby screams, as shapes begin stepping out of the tree, and thick vines unfurl from the upper branches.

While humanoid in shape the beings look more like plants than humans, carrying a thick wooden shield, and large club, a low growl sounds from them.

ooc:
Init, map update and other essentials in ooc shortly!

Oh and it's very good that you didn't climb it!

mootoall
2010-10-20, 08:20 AM
Er ... can I apply that knowledge nature check now?

FyreByrd
2010-10-20, 08:32 AM
Used it in the OOC post

It is Tiriel's Turn

mootoall
2010-10-20, 09:10 AM
Tiriel's eyes widen suddenly as the great wooden beast shows its face and its living vines stretch out. To the civilians around him, he yells "Run! These are dangerous beasts! Abominations of the forest. Beware, the vines can catch and bind you." He takes a quick step back, drawing his bow and firing a single arrow into the nearest woodwoad. 5ft. step southeast. Attack [roll0] Damage [roll1] Damn, first fight of 6th and I can't use rapid shot.

FyreByrd
2010-10-21, 04:22 AM
Tiriel's arrow stikes the wooden flesh of the woodwoad, damaging it lightly.

It is Kirce's Turn

Ella
2010-10-21, 05:13 AM
Kirce looks around, her eyes keenly searching for the people most at risk of getting separated and vanishing from her sight, being caught by the monstrous plants. Reaching into her backpack she digs up some oil, ideal for lighting lamps or anything else combustable, even trees, well she hoped it would light up a tree anyway.

With the oil and tindertwig in one hand, she mutters the words required to change her form, a curse she had never tried before but knew of well enough from hearing about it, admittedly more often in books than in reality. She starts to grow colder, her skin roughens into scales, her hands forming claws. She groans in suprise as her mouth changes shape, filling with sharp pointed teeth, ideal for grabbing.

She feels a snarl building in the back of her throat as she eyes the plants.

Move Action: Remove from backpack Oil and a Tindertwig
Standard Action: Alter Self - Form of Lizardfolk (For the Natural Armour)

FyreByrd
2010-10-21, 05:23 AM
@Ella:
If it's not too much trouble at some point in the future, could you PM me statblocks(or at least main changes) for your most used alter self forms, just to make it easier on me!

The strange bark clad shapes look around, their movements ponderous, but not slow. Then with a dark guttural grunts they begin to move, heading for the people close to them, and striking out with their heavy clubs.

Woad 1:

Move to:J,8
Target: Civilian

The woad smacks the civilian in the head with his club, slaying the elderly man instantly.

Woad 2:

Move to:N,8
Target: Tiriel

The Woad's club bounces off Tiriel's armour

Woad 3:

Move to:M,8
Target: Tiriel
Attack:[roll4]

Tiriel roars in pain as the second club hits him in the shoulder

Woad 4:

Move to:Q,8
Attack:[roll6]
Damage:[roll7]

The civilian's scream is cut off as the Woad kills it stone dead.

Woad 5:

Move to:R,11
Target: Ganymede
Attack:[roll8]
Damage:[roll9]

Ganymede's tough armour allows the club to bounce harmlessly off

Woad 6:

Move to:M,13
Attack:[roll10]
Damage:[roll11]

The Woad manages to miss the small boy as he dodges frantically

Woad 7:

Move to:J,14
Target: Kirce
Attack:[roll12]
Damage:[roll13]

Kirce also grunts in pain as the heavy club strikes her thigh.

It is Ganymede's Turn (Everybody cheer!)

ooc:
Map/status update incoming...

MountainKing
2010-10-21, 10:01 AM
Ganymede

"Ye're nae soo tough, wee busheh!" Ganymede said with a laugh, "I killed un' twice ye're size three nigh' ago!" Laughing heartily, Ganymede took a step back, slipping the sheathe off of his immense greatsword, "Ye coul'a done soo much, wee busheh, but 'ere ye be, an' 'ere ye stay!" The moment the wood woad stepped forward to attack him again, Ganymede took his first swing...

Taking a five foot step back and drawing my greatsword as part of a move action. Readying an action to hack the wood woad in the face when he tries to get in my face again.

Attack: [roll0]
(Pretty sure plants are immune to crits, so I won't bother.)

And I don't normally color my text, so... it's red or nothing, since dark red doesn't appear to be in the color box.

zimmerwald1915
2010-10-21, 10:52 AM
Karnin opens one of the pouches hanging from his belt, and pulls out another dull copper flask. He hefts it in his hand, testing its weight, and finds it satisfactory. He can work with this. He runs north, in between Kirce and the boy that had managed to dodge the wood woad, and calls out to the boy.

"Get outta there before that thing clips you! The skipper in orange'll see ya safe."

Karnin then turns away from the woad, and towards the cluster of vines in front of Kirce. Grimacing, his eyes darting from his target to the woad, his body tensed to dodge, he whips the flask at the vines. <"Hope this works,> he mutters in Draconic. By making noise and weilding fire, he hoped to draw the woad's attention toward himself and away from the boy, allowing him to get away.

Drawing an Alchemist's Fire, moving to L14, chucking the Alchemist's Fire at the cluster of Assassin Vines on J13. Effing 10 ft. range increment on splash weapons.

Ranged Touch to hit J13: [roll0] (this should be 22: I forgot to add my racial bonus to thrown weapons)
Damage to Assassin Vine 8: [roll1]
Damage to Assassin Vine 9: [roll2]
Damage to Assassin Vine 10: [roll3]
Damage to Wood Woad 7: 1

"Skipper in Orange" means Keric. I don't actually know/remember how he's dressed.

FyreByrd
2010-10-21, 04:31 PM
ooc:
Ganymede's readied attack doesn't beat AC, Assassin vines have fire resistance (20) so ignore your fire damage. The woad however has fire vulnerability so takes +50% damage rounded down, so that's still 1! - sorry!

As Karnin throws the flask, the Wood Woad nearest him slaps out with his club

Damage[roll1]

It is Keric's turn

zimmerwald1915
2010-10-21, 10:08 PM
Karnin sees the flask explode, the copper shards heated white-hot by the liquid inside penetrating the woody surface of the vines. He sees them flare, and he sees them wink out. The Woad takes a splash of burning liquid, but it too goes out before it can find purchase on its skin. <Don't mark the vines with fire,> he calls out loud1 in Draconic. <It won't do nothin'.>

The Woad hits him on his right shoulder, bruising the muscle. Karnin clenches his jaw in pain and instinctively, on reflex, raises his arm. As he tries to raise it past eye level, his jaw loosens and a scream rips out of his throat. No more throwing anything for him today.

1In lieu of admitting that I'm a freaking moron, I'm going to blame Moo for not saying the results of his knowledge check out loud in character.

zmasterofjersey
2010-10-22, 02:43 AM
"Everyone run my friend will protect you."Keric screams out loud after watching 2 civilians get brutally bludgeoned to death. Keric kneels down, opens his hands, and throws his hands, palm down onto the ground, and channels an incredible amount of arcane magic through his arms into the ground creating a bolt of lightning that arcs visibly in the ground and moves to near Karnin. Upon reaching its destination, it creates a huge glyph in the ground that shines bright blue and suddenly a huge buffalo appears out of thin air and the glyph disappears.

While Keric regains his focus, the bison attempts to save the child and Karnin by attempting to gore the woad with its massive horns. Then attempts to distract the vines by kicking the tree with its hind legs.

OOC
Summon monster 3 to make a celestial bison that takes up these 4 squares, K12-L12-K13-L13. I think those squares are okay. Will give statblock in OOC.

Attack Roll[roll0]
Damage[roll1]

I guess a move action to kick the tree to make the vines mad.

FyreByrd
2010-10-22, 06:08 AM
The Bison appears, but even it's sharp horns fail to pierce the tough skin of the Wood woad.

The civilians scatter, running as best they can away from the area. The small boy, goes and hides behind Roland, trembling in fear(N,20)

It is Roland's Turn

ooc:
Map update incoming!

FyreByrd
2010-10-26, 04:29 AM
Roland, charges at the WoodWoad(M,13) threatening Karnin

Attack: [roll0]

But his spear just bounces off the hard outer shell of the Woad.

The Assasin vine's curl out from the trees in which they are based, most of them striking nearby buildings, and tearing at the walls, creating small mounds of rubble, and thousands of gold worth of damage.

However the vines nearest the celestial bison, strike at the strange creature appearing in their midst

Vine 8:
Slam Attack:[roll2]
Slam Damage:[roll3]
Grapple Check:[roll4]
Bison Opposed Check[roll5]
If Grapple succeeds: Constrict: [roll6]

Vine 9:
Slam Attack:[roll7]
Slam Damage:[roll8]
Grapple Check:[roll9]
Bison Opposed Check[roll10]
If Grapple succeeds: Constrict: [roll11]

Vine 10:
Slam Attack:[roll12]
Slam Damage:[roll13]
Grapple Check:[roll14]
Bison Opposed Check[roll15]
If Grapple succeeds: Constrict: [roll16]

The first vine wraps itself around the bison, slamming it to the floor, then constricting tightly. However the second vine, misses as the first pulls the bison down. The third re-orientates and goes for the bison's throat, constricting tightly, leaving it a lifeless hulk on the ground.

ooc:
With damage reduction that's a total of 37HP taken off the bison

It is Tiriel's turn.

ooc:
At the moment the vines are more interested in destruction than you, this could change at any moment. I realise that there are about five million AoO I've probably missed(and will almost certainly continue to miss) As I've said before if you are due an AoO let me know, and take it. If I am due one, If I remember/want it, I WILL take it, but I may not always.

Map and status update incoming!

mootoall
2010-10-26, 08:53 AM
Tiriel takes a deep breath. This fight was not going to be pretty. He pulls back his bow, takes a quick step back, and fires, many arrows buzzing through the air at the assassin vines. Lazarthus snaps at the woodwoads, trying to bring them to the ground. I 5ft. step south East, Lazarthus stays. All attacks to one vine on P10. Tiriel Attacks: [roll0][roll1][roll2][roll3]Damage: [roll4][roll5][roll6][roll7] Lazarthus attacks damaged woad:[roll8] Damage [roll9] Trip[roll10]

FyreByrd
2010-10-26, 09:30 AM
Lazarthus's jaws close on thin air as he attempts to bite one of the powerful woads. Two of Tiriel's arrows find their mark, slicing through one of the assasin vines, and damaging it, though not enough to destroy it, and it retaliates immediately:

Assassin Vine 5:
Slam Attack:
Grapple Check: [rol]1d20+13
Tiriel's Opposed Strength Check: [roll2]
If Grapple check wins Constrict damage: [roll3]

It is Kirce's Turn

FyreByrd
2010-10-26, 09:31 AM
Dice Error:
[roll0]

Tiriel's body gets slammed hard by the tentacle, driving the wind out of him, however it fails to wrap around him to damage him further.

It is Kirce's Turn

Ella
2010-10-27, 05:54 AM
Kirce looks towards the wooden creatures wreaking havoc on her companions, they seem mighty strong, and dangerous. Their barklike skin however gave her a hope, that perhaps these creatures might know the obscure language that she had learnt to study some nature related magic. "What are you doing here, follow me if you are willing to speak with me. I mean you no harm." she calls out in sylvan, her lizardfolk mouth causing her little trouble forming the right sounds.

Giving the thing a chance to reply she flees diagonally, towards the nearest civilian hoping that the vines wouldn't manage to grab he while she ran, and that the strange tree man would deem it important enough to speak to her before continuing this slaughter.

Incase things go badly during her run, she prepares herself to cast a healing spell on herself.

Free Action: Speak Sylvan
Move Action: Move to F11
Standard Action: Readying Cure Light Wounds if Kirce takes any further damage.

FyreByrd
2010-10-27, 06:01 AM
@Ella:
Can I have either a bluff, diplomacy, or intimidate roll please, whichever you think most suitable.

FyreByrd
2010-10-28, 03:48 AM
None of the Wood Woad's nor the assasin vines attack Kirce as she runs, they seem a little non-plussed at why she is speaking in a language they understand. However their confusion is short-lived as they realise that she isn't addressing one of them in particular, but the group, they turn back to their destruction, smashing at people with their heavy clubs.

Wood Woad 1(J,8):
Move to: E,9
Attack: Civilian(D,10): [roll0]

Wood Woad 2(N,8):
Move to: No move
Attack: Lazarthus(N,9): [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]

Wood Woad 3(M,8):
Attack: Lazarthus(N,9): [roll4]
Damage: [roll5]

Wood Woad 4(Q,8):
Move to: W,8
Attack: Civilian(X,8): [roll6]
Damage: [roll7]

Wood Woad 5(R,11):
Move to: S,11
Attack: Ganymede(T,12): [roll8]
Damage: [roll9]

Wood Woad 6(M,13):
Attack: Roland(M,14): [roll10]
Damage: [roll11]

Wood Woad 7(J,14):
Move to: K,15 - Flanking
Attack: Karnin(L,14): [roll12]
Damage: [roll13]

Two of the Woads go after the remaining civilians, crushing their puny skulls beneath their heavy clubs. Distracted from Tiriel, by Lazarthus two other Woads attempt to hit the wolf, but the slippery beast manages to evade both of them. One of them however somehow manages to get so confused he smashes his partner in the face. Both Ganymede and Roland get struck heavily by the clubs, but Karnin again manages to evade their reach.

ooc:
Map update etc incoming...

It is Ganymede's Turn

MountainKing
2010-10-28, 09:27 AM
Ganymede

Chuckling, Ganymede took one last step back.

"Oh ho ho... wee lettle tree... tha's a good'n! Kord'll be makin' suren tha' donnae heppen agin u'less I deserved it!" Still grinning, Ganymede cried out loudly.

"Kord! Grant me tha protection o' yer mighty hand!" The breastplate he wore began to gleam dully...

Five foot step back, cast Magic Vestment. Yay +2 AC!

FyreByrd
2010-10-28, 09:32 AM
Ganymede's taunts as he steps backwards merely spawns a stony silence from the tree being.

It is Karnin's Turn

ooc:
Ok I'll admit it, I wasn't sure how I could respond, and I've wanted to use the phrase spawns a stony silence, for about a week now!

zimmerwald1915
2010-10-28, 10:28 AM
Karnin steps back, away from the two Woads on either side of him. He ends up with Roland between him and one of the Woads, both using him as a shield and protecting him from being flanked. He reaches toward his belt pouch to withdraw another Alchemist's Fire, but winces as his shoulder persuades him otherwise. The wince becomes a smile as Karnin realizes that he has other options available. He cups his right hand inside his left and snaps his fingers, producing red flames around his, Roland's, and Keric's bodies. Immediately after he does so, he says, in Draconic <Don't panic, it's not real,> counting on Keric and Roland to disbelieve the illusion while the Woads would both not understand and flee from the flaming bodies. "Stay back," he says cooly, in Common, not really expecting the Woads to understand. "You've got a good thing here, we wouldn't want anything to happen to it."

5ft step to M15.

Defensively cast Silent Image to shroud Roland, Keric, and myself in illusory fire. We're all within the range of the spell's effect, so that shouldn't be a problem. IDK whether you want Will saves from us to disbelieve. The Woads get a save only if they interact with the fire; I think that means if they are touched by it.

Concentration check to cast defensively: [roll0]

Not sure if the defensive casting is strictly necessary, but Karnin's still within the vines' 20ft area. So if it ain't necessary, ignore it. If it is, well, there it is.

FyreByrd
2010-10-29, 03:43 AM
ooc:

IDK whether you want Will saves from us to disbelieve. The Woads get a save only if they interact with the fire; I think that means if they are touched by it.

1. No will saves, if you're covered with mystic fire, that DOES NOT burn you, you don't need a will save to disbelief, that's automatic disbelief.
2.As far as I'm concerned interacting doesn't mean touching, it means using any of your senses to be aware that it is there, so sight, smell, touch, taste(although that'd be weird) and hearing, so as soon as someone sees, hears, etc etc they are intereacting with it so get their will save. So some will saves(DC13)

Woad 1:[roll0] - suceed
Woad 2:[roll1] - fail
Woad 3:[roll2] - suceed
Woad 4:[roll3] - suceed
Woad 5:[roll4] - fail
Woad 6:[roll5] - Fail
Woad 7:[roll6] -fail

Assassin vines aren't AWARE of it, with blindsense.

Some of the wood woad's make strange gutteral sounds as they see the three people burst into flames, others however seem to disregard this strange turn of events.

It is Keric's Turn

zmasterofjersey
2010-10-29, 06:00 AM
"Wow, this is awesome.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! IT BURNS!!!!!! Keric screams to sell the illusion in every language he knows. Keric then makes a cone shape with his arms when a ray fires at the woad slightly to his left attempting to scorch the woad into ashes.

OOC
Casting scorching ray at the woad in k-15

Touch attack[roll0] Damage [roll1]

FyreByrd
2010-10-29, 07:15 AM
Keric's ray of fire fails to impact on the Wood woad.

The only civilian left, the small boy, runs out of the area.

It is Roland's Turn