PDA

View Full Version : Item Creation Question

Dresil
2010-09-24, 02:58 PM
I know to make custom items its half of what they cost listed in the SRD (Such as ability bonus squared x 1000gp)

So, gloves of Dex +2 would be 2000 gp and 80 xp, right?

Well, how does one differentiate between making an epic magic item and just a normal one? I've got 50,000,000 gp to burn, and need some help!

(I am a 50th level character, Divine Rank 6. Half Dragon Wizard 45 Paladin 2)

ericgrau
2010-09-24, 03:14 PM
The xp cost is 1/25th of the market price, so the gloves would cost 160 xp. Otherwise you have it right.

Many epic magic items cost 10 times as much as normal. They are considered "epic" when they exceed the normal bounds for non-epic. i.e., more than +6 to a stat, more than +5 enhancement bonus, more than +10 total equivalent bonus on a weapon or armor, etc. See existing epic magic items for other examples. Items over 200,000 gp are also considered "epic" (requiring the epic feats to craft), but their price is not multiplied by 10 unless one of the other conditions above is met. There is no upper limit on the bonus for epic items.

For maximum benefit I would suggest crafting a wide variety of items rather than a couple big ones. That's because cost increases quadratically, so cheap items are especially cheap. Even things you don't really need could be worth a little gp for a minor version, just for versatility.

Mystic Muse
2010-09-24, 03:15 PM
I know to make custom items its half of what they cost listed in the SRD (Such as ability bonus squared x 1000gp)

So, gloves of Dex +2 would be 2000 gp and 80 xp, right?

Well, how does one differentiate between making an epic magic item and just a normal one? I've got 50,000,000 gp to burn, and need some help!

(I am a 50th level character, Divine Rank 6. Half Dragon Wizard 45 Paladin 2)

.....what.

what kind of enemies are you facing that are challenges for a god?

Douglas
2010-09-24, 03:17 PM
The rules for crafting epic magic items are here (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/magicItems/basics.htm#creatingEpicMagicItems). Pretty much, you need the epic version of the relevant crafting feat, and crafting xp is calculated differently. If the reason an item is epic is that it grants a bonus higher than the non-epic limits, then its market price is 10 times what the non-epic formula would say.

tyckspoon
2010-09-24, 03:19 PM
Other gods, eldritch abominations from beyond time, that kind of thing..

Seriously, tho, at that level and with that much wealth you're well into the 'screw it, make whatever you want' point. Just wing it and ask your DM if he thinks something is too much- the most expensive item in the Epic book itself is a +20-equivalent weapon, which is still 'only' 8mil gp.

Dresil
2010-09-24, 03:21 PM
.....what.

what kind of enemies are you facing that are challenges for a god?

The DM. Literally. As in, you see a young teenaged human in a basement playing with miniature figurines. Roll for initiative.

Douglas
2010-09-24, 03:26 PM
The DM. Literally. As in, you see a young teenaged human in a basement playing with miniature figurines. Roll for initiative.
How does that not end with a simple "DM says you die. No save, no defense, no resurrection."?

Dresil
2010-09-24, 04:18 PM
How does that not end with a simple "DM says you die. No save, no defense, no resurrection."?

I have no idea.

Yuki Akuma
2010-09-24, 05:38 PM
Can't gods just make stuff out of nothing without expending any effort anyway? I'm pretty sure magic item creation is a specific power they have.

They also get Wish for free.

Dresil
2010-09-24, 09:07 PM
Can't gods just make stuff out of nothing without expending any effort anyway? I'm pretty sure magic item creation is a specific power they have.

They also get Wish for free.

Only up to 30000.

Another question: What is the multiplier to use a spell at will? Example: Enchant armor to be able to use Heal at will. (CL 15th) So I know its
1.5(15)(6)x= That component. What is X?