PDA

View Full Version : 3.5/Pathfinder in Ebberon

the humanity
2010-09-24, 03:19 PM
I'm going to be in a new game sometime soon. 37 point buy.

I was thinking it'd be really cool to make a weapon finesse swordsage//duskblade, using weapon finesse to reduce MAD to only 4 stats.

whisper gnome is also a very tempting race to choose, boosting two important stats and cutting my dumps.

maneuvers are something I've never done before- besides levels are there any other prerequisites? I want to do Tiger Claw and Shadow Hand mainly, what would go well with that?

also, I'm tempted by the Bloodclaw Master class. how many levels would be a good idea? is it a good idea?

my plan so far:
Swordsage//Duskblade- Weapon Finesse
Swordsage//Duskblade
Swordsage//Duskblade- Adaptive Style
Swordsage//Duskblade
Swordsage//Duskblade- Two Weapon Fighting
Swordsage//Duskblade
Bloodclaw Master//Duskblade
Bloodclaw Master//Duskblade
Swordsage//Duskblade- Arcane Strike
Swordsage//Duskblade
Swordsage//Duskblade
Swordsage//Duskblade-Power Attack
Swordsage//Duskblade
Swordsage//Duskblade
Swordsage//Duskblade-Shadow Blade
Swordsage//Duskblade
Swordsage//Duskblade
Swordsage//Duskblade-Gloom Razor
Swordsage//Duskblade
Swordsage//Duskblade

Snake-Aes
2010-09-24, 03:24 PM
Most maneuvers have a number of maneuvers as pre-requisites. It's that and martial level.

Notice you have an overload of actions. Channeling doesn't get along with maneuvers and your boosts and counters can't be used when you use a quickened spell.

the humanity
2010-09-24, 03:34 PM
Most maneuvers have a number of maneuvers as pre-requisites. It's that and martial level.

Notice you have an overload of actions. Channeling doesn't get along with maneuvers and your boosts and counters can't be used when you use a quickened spell.

hmm. that is very true, I should have thought of that. dang, I rather enjoyed the idea of being an acrobatic mage assassin.

what other ways can I pull that off?

Esser-Z
2010-09-24, 03:53 PM

Though I note that many DMs, myself included, can be easily talked into waiving the maneuver-number prereqs.

the humanity
2010-09-24, 05:19 PM
well, I don't want too many options and not enough synergy.

I was working on this, I think it could be decent at making the same concept work-

Ratling Duskblade 20//Rogue 3/Mobile Fighter 2/Shadowdancer 10/Dread Commando 5

9 feats
Combat Reflexes
Dodge
Mobility
Spring Attack
Power Attack
Arcane Strike
Robilars Gambit
Melee Evasion
Elusive Target