PDA

View Full Version : Gah! Mass Effect/Steam/EA Tech Support.

The_JJ
2010-09-24, 06:37 PM
So I really wanna run Mass Effect 2. Only my Mass Effect save is somewhere else and... yeah, I just want to run through it again. So I load up ME on my new PC, and... crap. Mass Effect fails. Frickin' 'Run as Admin' only I can only find the Setup not the actual .exe so I run the setup as admin, then the stupid thing tries to access the .exe and, lol, doesn't run it as admin.

Then, in my quest to find the stupid .exe I accidentally shunted an important game file to where it shouldn't've been, got pissed, uninstalled it, then went to reinstall and, doh, code won't work, install limit. :smallmad: Now I'm pissed at EA and Bioware for silly DRM and a bug that's been a pain in my ass since NVN and yet hasn't been fixed. :smallfurious:

Then I went through Steam. I click on it... it runs, gives me the little loader... and crashes. Because I can run Steam as admin, but there's no .exe.

Tell me you the great internet have a solution.

Avilan the Grey
2010-09-24, 08:07 PM
I have no idea, I am just talking about hearsay, but EA has been pretty forthcoming if you call them and ask them to reset your limit.