PDA

View Full Version : AAT (airsoft advice thread)

leper0messiah
2010-09-24, 08:06 PM
apologizes to all the Star Wars fans that thought this thread was about Armored Assault Tanks (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Armored_Assault_Tank).

Well, anyway, now that I'm in my sophmore year of higshcool I figure its about time to stop borrowing/breaking my friends airsoft guns and instead get my own. My friends that I made in my new highschool freshman year introduced me to airsoft and I figured I'd give it a shot...in all honesty, it wasn't my thing. But (like a good amount of people on this thread I assume) I love to roleplay! And I love the idea of taking part in a fictional war, my friends are even part of a group that has a whole story that it borders on LARPing.

In short, I wanna buy a cheap airsoft gun, but not like a bargain bin piece of crap that feels more like a nerf gun than an airsoft gun, but not an expensive shiny model that'll make all those gun nuts drool all over it. Just a pretty fairly priced gun.

A few things about me (and my tastes) that will help you give me advice on which gun to get:

I like automatic/semi-automatic weapons
but I like to have a safe distance, I'm not really one to draw fire
I also like a gun thats stable, and accurate, not a pray and spray type weapon.
I also like to be mobile so I'd also like a gun thats easy to carry (I'm a small guy)

I think the role I'd like to play is a support gunner, one that gets up and close to the action, but doesn't necessarily become a part of it :smalltongue:

though good range is also a good thing to, 'cause I also like to keep my distance, but I do not have the patience for a sniper.

any help would be appreciated:smallbiggrin:

Kiren
2010-09-24, 08:11 PM
Heres a good site for airsoft.
http://www.airsoftgi.com/

I went once, and am looking to go again, look under top 10 sellers.

The CM032 M14 is awesome, I haven't shot it but its cheap and upper decent. However, I held it and its pretty heavy, not for small people. Also very long, but theirs a shorter version of it.

leper0messiah
2010-09-24, 09:40 PM
I'll check it out/see what my friends (the pros) think. Thanks:smallbiggrin:

Kiren
2010-09-24, 09:51 PM
I'll check it out/see what my friends (the pros) think. Thanks:smallbiggrin:

Just remember, it is heavy, if mobility is a major concern, think wisely.

Their is a shorter barreled socom version, slight differences, same price, same gun. Trust me, non-socom version is long.