PDA

View Full Version : Arena Tournament Exhibition: Damage Tank & Barberration vs. Green & Anisimovna

Sallera
2010-09-25, 01:51 PM
Arena Tournament Exhibition: Damage Tank & Barberration vs. Green & Anisimovna

Map:
http://i51.tinypic.com/2ceg67t.png

Damage Tank (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=241939) - Cute and Evil
Barberration (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=242796) - TheFallenOne
Green (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=230684) - Cadian 9th
Anisimovna (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=234964) - candycorn

All Combatants, please roll initiative and declare any final purchases

Prior to the match start you may privately plan by spoiler or PM with your partner, but after the start any communications will need to be done in character inside the arena as rules allow.

TheFallenOne
2010-09-25, 04:14 PM
Initiative [roll0]
edit: should be -3, so 11

Cute and Evil
2010-09-25, 08:55 PM
[roll0] Naturally... :smallsigh:
This will be my first match, I should probably make my (doomed) teammate aware of this. :smallwink:

Some planning with my teammate:
I think our best shot is that I go in straight for the kill for one of them, and that you sneakily take out what's left, got any better ideas?

TheFallenOne
2010-09-25, 09:14 PM
CaE
sneak, me? With Travel Devotion and Pounce I'm a rusher at heart, but they are rather good at hiding(and buffing, for that matter). Let's just rush them turn 2, turn 1 move to the middle with readied action to move if we hear movement from them

Cute and Evil
2010-09-25, 09:20 PM
Teammate:
Of course, my mind got a little messed up with thinking. Sounds good, but my guess is that they'll try to hide on the side, so we could each go a little to one side of the middle, say row 7 and row 14, however far we get?

Cadian 9th
2010-09-25, 10:19 PM
Initiative [roll0]

Checking in, checking in. Still thinking of purchases.

Candycorn

Finally, we're teaming up. Both of us are hiders. I have the cloud to provide concealment. I'm thinking of letting my Geodite burrow underneath me or you to Do the AOO if someone comes up to me; I'll be EBing them from a long way away.

Should I save us money and cast chameleon on you?

candycorn
2010-09-26, 08:19 AM
Initiative: [roll0] (using nerveskitter)

Purchase:
Scroll: Investiture of the Spined Devil (Level 2, CL 3) 150gp
Scroll: Mage Armor (Level 1, CL 1) -25gp

Debating further purchases.

@Cadian:Your cloud will unfortunately fatigue me if I'm in it. There are concealment zones on the map, though.

I plan on Reducing you to start (+2 AC, +2 Attack, +5 hide). Frankly, I recommend using your Geodite in one of two ways. Either as bait (draw them where we want them, then ambush with stomp and ranged shots) or somesuch.

I'd recommend against burrowing it unless we are going to be relatively stationary. It has a very low underground speed.

Keep chameleon for yourself, if you like. I'm not worried about being seen too much. I will have a good enough hide without it... and I doubt I'll need sniping. I'm rather mobile.

Match Preparations: (Off limits to opponents):Spells memorized:
Mage Hand x5

Nerveskitter x1 (used)
Reduce Person x2
Expeditious Retreat x1

Investiture of the Spined Devil x1

TheFallenOne
2010-09-26, 10:24 AM
as said in the Waiting Room, my sheet is still WIP. There'll be no big changes anymore, but I'm still toying around with small stuff like equipment, skills(literate or not) and trying to track down possible mistakes

candycorn
2010-09-26, 02:13 PM
@Cadian:Fatigue will mess up much of Barberration's game, so don't be shy with the miasma, even if it occasionally hits me.

Watch out for Barberration's reach (10-20 feet), and attacks on a charge (2-3).

I think chameleon will be better if it's on you, as you'll be able to do flat footed touch attacks on a snipe, or flat footed touch attacks, then move into the blizzard, or same attack on a ready action if we can seperate them. I'll reduce you to get your hide up to +27.

From there, we'll work on getting you good positions to hit them with.

TheFallenOne
2010-09-27, 09:30 AM
Initiative Order

Anisimovna
Green
Damage Tank
Barberration

My sheet should be ready, I still find little mistakes here and there(like the missing swim speed I just noticed - not that it matters here) so if you want go give the sheet a quick once-over to make sure everything is in order go ahead

no purchases

Tank
luckily, there are few hiding places. On top of the elevation when we're on the ground and on the sides, but it's easy enough to break cover for either one. If one advances in the 6 line, the other in the 15 line, once we reach the U row we have broken cover no matter where they hide, from there on we just rush in and beat them up.
I'll use my guisarme as primary weapon, with that and the armor spikes I threaten everything within 20 feet, so I'll just get in close and they're in AoO hell. It worked splendidly with my commoner, so a Barbarian should do well this way too

candycorn
2010-09-27, 11:14 AM
@Cadian:The L and O columns will provide concealment as needed, and you can use your miasma. I've recently found that arena precedent (from cloud arena) allows us to allow enemies to move through our square. On top of the PM information, that should keep them firing blind.

That said, there's something to be said for making things a... bit harder to see.

Further Purchases: Scroll with: Obscuring Mist x2, Silent Image x2, and Snowdrift (-125gp)

Snowdrift is from Frostburn.

Cute and Evil
2010-09-27, 11:52 AM
I'm sorry to say, but I find it an unreasonable advantage for you that you have so much more money to spend. I, on the other hand, only have my starting gear, and that's it. :smallfrown:

Sallera
2010-09-27, 12:00 PM
Yeh, as everyone else is a new character, starting gold for Anisimovna would make sense.

TheFallenOne
2010-09-27, 12:00 PM
well, characters with already a few wins to their name have an advantage, both in regular and exhibition matches. Sometimes such characters choose to play with starting money instead in exhibitions to keep things balanced, but it's not obligatory
edit: Master Ninjad

btw, I decided to go Krynn Minotaur instead of Water Orc once this build hits Arena proper. Should I go with Water Orc for this match or change it? Your call @opponents

candycorn
2010-09-27, 12:47 PM
Yeh, as everyone else is a new character, starting gold for Anisimovna would make sense.

This sort of situation comes up in arena matches all the time. I don't see it as a unfair test. For example: In Bebe vs Fallen's super commoner (a match currently being run), the commoner spent the better part of 1000gp that had been saved up from previous Arena rounds, whereas Bebe only had a couple hundred gold. Is that unreasonable? No, that commoner had to earn that money by winning enough matches to get it.

If this is an "unreasonable advantage", then the arena is full of them. Had Anisimovna lost the current round she's in, and re-entered a 2v2, this is the exact sort of match that could appear for a 2v2 round.

In other words? Unless there's something in place that limits players to facing people with a similar win count/winnings total, then this is an advantage that commonly appears in arena matches.

In any case, Anisimovna had prior purchases, and prior money. If it's upheld that she's relegated to starting gold, then her entire gear list will need to be redone, voiding all her current purchases(none of which can be afforded under starting gold), as well as prior ones.

Here's an alternate proposal, since this is an exhibition anyway. Wouldn't it be just as reasonable (and much easier) to award every new character with 300gp to offset it? Item purchase is a major part of the arena, and most matches will be fought with combatants having at least that much money. It'd likely make for a more accurate evaluation, if we're putting things on a curve anyway.

TheFallenOne
2010-09-27, 12:57 PM
This sort of situation comes up in arena matches all the time. I don't see it as a unfair test. For example: In Bebe vs Fallen's super commoner (a match currently being run), the commoner spent the better part of 1000gp that had been saved up from previous Arena rounds, whereas Bebe only had a couple hundred gold. Is that unreasonable? No, that commoner had to win through matches to get it, and had to have time to earn it.

That indeed happens quite often; a fresh character can face someone who already won three matches before losing the Round he was in, giving him an 900 GP -used expendables lead

Aberrant Commoner(He lost the Super claim after Chaos Emeralds were banned) vs Bebe was in fact kinda fair, they both started the Round from zero, Tentaculon just spent less money before they met ^^ but yeah, the Fly potion is nasty, no questions asked. Given my reach that would be an instantwin against a meleer

In other words? Unless there's something in place that limits players to facing people with a similar win count/winnings total, then this is an advantage that commonly appears in arena matches, and as such, is well within the bounds of an arena test match.

As said, sometimes people limit themselves this way in Exhibitions, but it's not enforced. One might say doing this is the honorable and fair step, others can object that it only serves to give the new characters a taste how Arena matches go, there's always a good chance you fight someone who has more money to his/her name.

candycorn
2010-09-27, 01:02 PM
I understand that. I just think we could learn more about how the map would work in match play if everyone else gets +300 gp. That puts things equally balanced, addresses cute's issue, and allows for evaluation of the map based on regular arena circumstances.

I didn't even try to use PrC spell lists/abilities or anything, in the interest of balance and fairness (else I could've had a 150gp scroll with a couple Invisibility spells on it, and an Investiture, all CL 2). I'm trying to keep the match ethical. I just would REALLY prefer not having to redo my entire purchase log for an exhibition match.

TheFallenOne
2010-09-27, 01:34 PM
well, either way the biggest problem in my opinion is the Obscuring Mist. Just look at Round 90 how that slows things down, the effect requires many LoS checks and completely changes the game, which may be a bad thing for a map test. I can deal with enemies with monetary advantage, that's not that big a concern for me

a further problem is that we have two meleers vs two stealthy casters. Teams with 1 each instead would have been better if you ask me

Sallera
2010-09-27, 02:26 PM
Hey, you're the one who suggested randomization. :smalltongue: But if the players want to swap, it's up to you.

TheFallenOne
2010-09-27, 02:33 PM
actually, I asked if we use randomization, I didn't propose it :smalltongue: also, I didn't take a good look at the characters yet then.

I think meleer+caster vs meleer+caster would be more interesting than onesided teams. If you guys agree, I can take either Green or Anisimovna as buddy, doesn't matter. The latter could be more interesting, fighting alongside Candy instead of beating each other up with sticks, stones, summons and rulebooks would be refreshing

Cute and Evil
2010-09-27, 02:45 PM
Wow, my simple (if, after some analysis, completely incorrect) statement triggered all this?

Anyway, I could go for an extra +300gp, since then my build works better anyway, Damage Tank is not a meleer by definition, a masterwork composite longbow mighty +4 could easily change that, though i clearly can't afford that yet. If we go for +300gp I will buy a composite longbow mighty +2, and get rid of my regular one. If we decide to switch up the teams, I don't much care either way, I just wanted to have an initial feel for how the Arena went anyway.

candycorn
2010-09-27, 03:49 PM
Wow, my simple (if, after some analysis, completely incorrect) statement triggered all this?

Anyway, I could go for an extra +300gp, since then my build works better anyway, Damage Tank is not a meleer by definition, a masterwork composite longbow mighty +4 could easily change that, though i clearly can't afford that yet. If we go for +300gp I will buy a composite longbow mighty +2, and get rid of my regular one. If we decide to switch up the teams, I don't much care either way, I just wanted to have an initial feel for how the Arena went anyway.

Well, your statement addressed a bigger underlying issue. Namely, how do we get a good feel for how this map will work in the arena? That's the whole point of this exhibition, so it's a good idea to get the conditions balanced.

And fallen? If I was limited to starting wealth, I can assure you that Silent Image and Obscuring Mist would NOT be what I got rid of. I wouldn't be able to get the investiture scroll yet, due to cost.

They're short duration spells, and were going to be used to limit that longbow. I wasn't too worried about pouncefrenzychargekill from you... But if we want to switch things up with teams, I can do that. Frankly, with the built in concealment zones in the map, and the raised ground, I doubt the current match setup would be much more than a lot of stealth shooting.

Cadian 9th
2010-09-27, 08:07 PM
I'd agree that me and candy on the same team makes for a very strange game. Really though, a few exhibition matches should be sufficient, not just the one. Maybe after this match we could mix the teams up?

I'm all for +300gp :smallbiggrin:

And 300 gp in the arena, I think, shows the parity between casters and martial artists. Since everyone seems to forget that they can buy 4 scrolls of Wolf Fang Strike and get double attacks for 5 turns of the game without having to regain maneouvers, casters buy scrolls and martial guys buy a MW weapon. :smallsmile:

I'm a little surpised that noone is using Martial Scripts. Is there some special clause on them that makes them unusable or something?

EDIT:
This map already has concealment built in; But I can see where everyone is coming from.

Cute and Evil
2010-09-28, 01:02 AM
I mainly didn't buy a martial script because I wanted to have a good better bow first, but martial scripts are definitely a good idea for later games.

So if we're using these teams, Anisimovna starts. :smallwink:

candycorn
2010-09-28, 06:03 AM
...Are we using these teams, or is it DT and Green vs Barberration & Anisimovna?

(I support the swap, for the reasons given by Fallen.)

If so, I'll modify my purchases somewhat, and my memorizations slightly.

TheFallenOne
2010-09-28, 08:20 AM
let's swap. I know from experience that fighting a stealth team with Obscuring Mist isn't pleasant. It drags things out way too much

well, with the effective restart I think I'll switch to Krynn Minotaur as race now

Cute and Evil
2010-09-28, 08:48 AM
Would we also have new rolls of initiative or do we keep to keep the (in my case, bad) ones we rolled before?

So new strategy is needed, hmm... :smallconfused:

candycorn
2010-09-28, 09:14 AM
No initiative modifiers are being changed, so I can't see why rolls would be.

Modified Purchases:
Scroll of Investiture of the Spined Devil (CL 3, Level 2) - 150gp
Scroll of Silent Image (CL 1, Level 1) and Enlarge Person (CL 1, Level 1) - 50gp
Scribe Enlarge Person into spellbook (-100gp)

Spell list (Fallen and myself only):Mage Hand x5

Nerveskitter (used)
Reduce Person
Enlarge Person
Expeditious Retreat

Investiture of the Spined Devil

@Fallen:I'll enlarge you right off the bat, unless you have any objections to that. That should put you at 30 feet reach, if my gander at your sheet is right. Watch out for the movement impeding map effects at the +0 level. Half speed prevents charges/running/etc. Cadian's likely gonna be hard to spot, unless he moves at full speed, so we'll need to work on a way to trip him up.

I can use my Silent image to simulate a fog cloud, perhaps. That may get him to move somewhere that he thinks has concealment, but doesn't.

TheFallenOne
2010-09-28, 09:39 AM
I'm a little surpised that noone is using Martial Scripts. Is there some special clause on them that makes them unusable or something?

I'm not sure if you can use Martial Scripts without having the necessary Initiator Level or not, so it may be non-Adepts can't use them on level 1. I think they work more like potions, so no requirement, but no guarantees

Either way, Barberration bought off his illiteracy with Martial Scripts in mind. By the way, can get get Scripts for Stances? They do count as maneuvers after all.

Candy
enlarge is nice, more AoO hell for me. I'm contemplating Scent for Green, either Martial Script if that works or 300 GP potion. The latter though likely isn't worth the money

and yes, 30 feet is right, just like Aberrant Commoner, though lacking tentacles until level 2. But Whirling Frenzy Gore charge attacks look like a more than decent replacement. If I get a charge line, I'll hold my reach weapon in one hand so I move to Gore range, that way they're in the middle of my AoO zone once I resume proper grip

I'd go for a quick kill. We have a big mobility advantage, so Hit&run might also work. The less cover the better for my AoO build

candycorn
2010-09-28, 09:51 AM
@Fallen:Scent would be invaluable, as it would let you pinpoint him just by moving down the concealment line.

That half movement snow and steep hill are going to play hell on your ability to charge though. You may have to settle for non-charge attacks. With the reach you'll have, it shouldn't be too bad, anyway.

TheFallenOne
2010-09-28, 10:02 AM
Candy
well, now I don't need armor spikes thanks to my Gore I can afford a 50 GP potion and the 300 GP Scent, so it should be worth it. I just don't like going into a fight without a Faith Healing

I guess we'll find Damage first and with the bow he has the higher damage potential of the two, so I think we should gang up on him first. And maybe the Geodite, have to look up again what this thing is capable of. green himself worries me the least, it will take him some time to whittle me down

candycorn
2010-09-28, 10:10 AM
Candy
well, now I don't need armor spikes thanks to my Gore I can afford a 50 GP potion and the 300 GP Scent, so it should be worth it. I just don't like going into a fight without a Faith Healing

I guess we'll find Damage first and with the bow he has the higher damage potential of the two, so I think we should gang up on him first. And maybe the Geodite, have to look up again what this thing is capable of. green himself worries me the least, it will take him some time to whittle me down

@Fallen:Bear in mind, Green can do attacks vs Flat footed touch AC, and will likely be rocking a +22 hide modifier.

The Geodite is AC 17 (touch 10), with 16hp, DR 5/-, a slam (+6, 1d4+4), Speed 30 (burrow 10), and PLA's.

2/day: Energy Ray(Sonic) +2 range touch, 2d6-2 damage
Create Sound
Stomp (DC 12)

It also has power attack, and a BAB of +2.

candycorn
2010-09-28, 11:52 AM
Also @Fallen:How do you feel about your chances of tripping Damage?

Cause Longbows provoke AoO's, and people that are laying down can't shoot them.

EDIT: Or disarm. As I see it, A disarm check on his longbow would be opposed attack rolls... You'd get a +18 modifier (1 bab, 7 str, 4 size, 4 twohander, +2 ranseur bonus) vs his +1 (+1 BAB, +4 Str, -4 Non-melee weapon).

You roll higher than a 2, and he can't win. That's a 90% chance to negate his bow shot.

TheFallenOne
2010-09-28, 03:45 PM
Candy
I know. If you look through my previous matches you'll notice I'm very fond of using disarm vs ranged fighters, it's really easy to stack up modifiers. Size, ranged, twohanded, weapon bonus... It's very reliable

I'm still considering which reach weapon to take, my disarm chances even without the Ranseur are great, the guisarme on the other hand gives me a whole new option with tripping... but I can just as well trip with an unarmed attack from 15 feet away

Regarding the Geodite, nasty buggers those elemental envoys. But even with DR5, an enlarged Gore charge while raging does 3d6+13, that should take it out in one shot, so I'll try if I can set up a charge
I guess I'll rage as soon as I can make an attack, with only 5 turns duration it will likely run out before the fight is over, but I speculate on doing enough damage in these turns for it to be worth the fatigued state(which will mean I won't be able to charge anymore)

I buy
Potion of Faith Healing 50 GP
Potion of Scent 300 GP
unless Martial Scripts for Stances are allowed, then it will be a script of Hunters Sense instead of the potion

candycorn
2010-09-28, 04:20 PM
@Fallen:I really don't think there will be much charging. You're welcome to try, but any square with "half speed", "quarter speed", or the like is gonna flat out make charges illegal.

On the other side, if both players are dead, the Geodite is... rather irrelevant.

TheFallenOne
2010-09-28, 04:32 PM
Candy
well, Travel Devotion and up to 30 feet reach makes it a lot easier to circumvent these spots. I'm rather confident I'll get at least one charge in

due to my race change my initiative went down by 1, but I was last anyway so it doesn't matter

candycorn
2010-09-29, 10:14 AM
Sooo... any other purchases?

Cute and Evil
2010-09-29, 10:52 AM
Well I use my 300gp to buy a Composite Longbow Mighty +2, but that's it for me.

Also, Teammate:
It seems like the got a real strategy down, do you have any ideas on how to handle this?

Cadian 9th
2010-09-29, 08:38 PM
Not that I think Cute and Evil is a noob or anything, but Candycorn I'm terrified off and Fallen's pretty much a pro. This'll be tough.

Cute and Evil;

Allow me to peruse your sheet a bit more. You're a ranged guy/melee rusher I figured; I'm a stealther...

First of all, get Wolf Fang Strike - Swap for Saphire nightmare blade; It's a natural with Burning Blade; Don't ready Moment of perfect mind, it's useless in this fight, since they don't target will saves. Swap out Stance of Clarity for Child of Shadow; they're going to hit you anyway, but concealment is something both of them can't mitigate...

Drop the greatsword and pick up two daggers, you'll deal more damage that way. And you can throw them quite well.

You also have a -1 concentration modifier. That's worse than your will save, and also worse than your attack bonus. Ditch Saphire nightmare blade, moment of perfect mind and get Wolf Fang Strike and Counter Charge, then, since you don't qualify for Stance of Clarity, pick up Child of Shadows.

Investiture of the Spined Devil is a nasty one with Law devotion; but candy-corn is murky eyed so so the concealment will help immensly.

Barberration will reach us and will be on us in seconds, what we need to do is hide and wait for their rage and law devotion to drop; all the while shooting at them. You use counter charge to draw out Barberattion's rage and then hide; I'll get us both with chameleon but we want reduce person; I'll be tiny so I can hide in his space, you'll get +4 on the check to use countercharge for a total of +10 vs his +6. Then again, only use it when you've been caught out.

With regards to candycorn, I'm going to be hiding in my cloud while my Geodite hides and wait's to do his AOO. With murky eyed she's only got a 60% chance to hit if she sees me and a 25% if she can't. My eldritch blast can shave a few HP of Barberation and deal with candycorn if I spot her (Unlikely).

therefore we need to lure candycorn to the attack; Preferably, when you and me have concealment and you've got a total of +5 AC and 20% miss chance from small and child of shadows; She'll prolly not see me, but then we can focus our efforts on her to take her down, since she's got 6 hp.

Thoughts?

I'm resolving something with my teammate.
EDIT: All this for an exhibition match. :smallbiggrin:

TheFallenOne
2010-09-29, 08:46 PM
hm, you think the fight may be uneven? It may be, I'm not sure. I know Candy is good, but I'd prefer having her on my side for a change, if nothing else it avoids certain rule disputes

And I have to admit I specialize heavily in low level optimization(with focus on melee types), so if we win here you have a good chance to get your comeuppance in the Arcanist Challenge :smalltongue:

Cadian 9th
2010-09-29, 08:57 PM
[trash talking] I specialise in the gestalt low levels :smallbiggrin: My caster in the arcane duel thing is not over the top, he just uses conjuration and synad multi-taks :smallwink:[/trash talking]

Beyond that, Cute and Evil's sheet has some flaws in it that are simple to correct... If we work well we've got a good shot :smallwink: at winning.

Did we end up with +300 bonus GP?

TheFallenOne
2010-09-29, 09:03 PM
ah, Gestalt was new to me with the Neverending Dungeon, but so far I'm close to Floor 3 without dying once, though I did have close calls and luck on occasion(and bad luck too, but never fatal). I rather like Gestalt now, I love the Scout class and all it lacks in my opinion is full BAB. Though NED shows again my lack of experience with casters, level 3 now and not a single casting class... May regret it in the long run

yep, +300 GP, as evidenced by my rookie barbarian buying a Scent potion. Use it wisely

candycorn
2010-09-30, 12:59 AM
hm, you think the fight may be uneven? It may be, I'm not sure. I know Candy is good, but I'd prefer having her on my side for a change, if nothing else it avoids certain rule disputes

And I have to admit I specialize heavily in low level optimization(with focus on melee types), so if we win here you have a good chance to get your comeuppance in the Arcanist Challenge :smalltongue:

Well, in fairness, one team has both players with the longest Arena experience, and the other has the team with the two shortest. Granted, my "longest" only has Cadian be a week or two. And he always has creative ideas.

That said, it could go either way.

@Fallen:Advantage of Large + Scent: More squares are adjacent to you, so you'll be able to pinpoint faster. Once Green's down, DT is pretty straightforward. He has offense and combat potential, but AoO's alone should shut him down.

If need be, I can defend myself up and attack DT to lure Green out, but that's only if the scent fails somehow.

Cute and Evil
2010-09-30, 01:56 AM
We plan on smacking you down like the hand of god, just a heads up. :smallbiggrin:

Cadian:
The alterations you propose all seem great, and I will consider them, and probably use them. I'm just going to school right now, so it's going to have to after that. Also a strategy post when I get back. today's a rather short day, so don't worry.

Cute and Evil
2010-09-30, 08:08 AM
Sorry for double post, some more teamtalk coming up...

Cadian:
I switched the greatsword (50gp) for all of twenty-five daggers (50gp), so I can throw them however much I want, though I have to draw new ones as a move action each. I've also changed my discipline focus to Shadow Hand for weapon focus (dagger), among other weapons. I'm not worried about weight too much with my 18 Str, though I'll leave some ammo outside the, as I likely won't be using more than 10 daggers and 100 arrows. The suggestions you proposed are great, and I'm using them, I've also got a +5 to spot and +6 to listen, for what it's worth...

On the proposed tactics to take them out, since the order is their stealth, us their rusher, we have a turn before he is upon us, so reduce person is a very valid (and good) idea I think we should use. I can clearly see neither of us is built for survivability, so our best shot is either killing them as soon as possible (which is out of the question), or holding out long enough for their bonuses to run out, then strike them, hard.

We should get to the pillars of ice on one side (probably wherever you start), and hope Barberration charges straight through the middle or some such variant, get him quickly. Then get Anasimovna separately, hoping then it's always 2 on 1 in our favor. I should probably start with my bow and switch to the daggers along the way somewhere. Comments?

TheFallenOne
2010-09-30, 10:50 AM
Candy
I'd keep Green until the end and take out Geodite and Tank first, they're easier to find and do more damage. But if I get an early Scent on Green I'll sure follow that up. Problem is, with Scent I can pinpoint him, but it won't break his hiding, so if he survives my attack he can sneak away without AoO. I'm pretty sure our best bet is to get rid of the other two fast and then gang up on Green

ready when you are

candycorn
2010-09-30, 12:39 PM
Well, I do believe Fallen and I are ready when you are.

@Fallen: No, it won't break his hiding. But I can see where you attack, and follow up with a 3 shot burst. That's 5-6 attacks.

Cadian 9th
2010-09-30, 08:05 PM
A few purchases:
3 tatoos of Compression 150gp
3 Potions of Reduce Person 150gp
2 a Tatoo of Force Screen 100gp
tatoo of Chameleon
Potion of Shield of Faith 50gp
Leather Armour 10gp
Light Wooden Shield 2 gp;

C&E:

Discipline focus applies to all of the disciplines weapons :smallwink:

Keep with your daggers the whole time, that way you can pitch into melee if you get the chance. Actually...

Have your bow out yeah; I'll give you a tatoo of compression; You just hide behind my cloud while we advance to better positions. Currently I'm confident that we can pull this off with your sheet; Have a tatoo of force screen; Start nearby to me and we'll advance together. You should stay out of my cloud, just lurk behind it.

Once they appear, we'll wait it out, I might even consider hiding in the massive snowstorm in the middle.

I'll speak to you in code; Mainly;
Kraj: I have LOS to barbaretation
Kira: I have LOS to Animosva
Gecko: Follow me
Hira: I have a readied action to support you
Tyra: Ready an action to cover me
Ecto: We're in trouble, followed by Raj for Barberation , kir for Animosva, Ectokiraj for both.

Good luck!

I'll give my Elemental leather armor and the shield; Ill give a potion of reduce person and sheild of faith to my teammate and a potion of reduce person to my elemental. One go-no-go from C&E and Candycorn's up.

I trust Cute&Evil and I are red now?

Refs/Teamate:

Starting in y8 with Gauntlets on; Morning Star in one hand, other hand free;
Elemental (Hiro) starting in Y9 with Light Shield and wearing Leather Armor; Has a Potion of reduce person as well.

Good luck Fallen and Candycorn!

Sallera
2010-09-30, 08:43 PM
Tattoos of Personal powers cost double.

Cadian 9th
2010-10-01, 12:13 AM
Clear. Thanks for that.

StP erudite? 100gp for a tatoo of Fist's of Stone?

Anyway; C&E:

After you drink potions and things;
+3 AC Direct; +4 with dex increase
+1 Attack, +2 ranged;
+5 to hide checks;

me:
+6 AC (+1 more size, +1 dex, +4 Screen)
+1 Attack, +2 Ranged;
+15 to hide checks;

Hiro:
+2 AC
+1 Attack, +2 Ranged
+15 to Hide checks.

candycorn
2010-10-01, 07:40 AM
One go-no-go from C&E and Candycorn's up.
Waiting for this.

Also:

Fallen:Where you starting?

TheFallenOne
2010-10-01, 10:13 AM
Candy
I think I'll take the lower spot, X12 or 13, whatever suits your better for casting enlarge on me

Cute and Evil
2010-10-01, 11:12 AM
I think we got this covered, you can start:

Cadian:
thanks for the boosts, they are golden, since a thrown weapon does normal damage for a medium creature if I use it, though Str will go down 2, and thus melee attacks are at normal bonus. If I have anything to say to you, I will use the same code, adding "Nap" as a confirmation of any kind if necessary (like the ready ana ction to cover me, or follow me, or when you're in trouble).

I'm just wondering how long each of those things will take, the potion's 1 standard action, and the tattoo is also a standard action?

So whenever you're ready, feel free to go.

Refs/teammate:
Starting in Y13, wielding my bow in my primary hand (let's make it left :smalltongue:) and the potion of reduce person in my off-hand (the right one), along with 100 arrows in 5 quivers slung on my back, and 10 daggers on my belt, none wielded.

Readied Maneuvers:
- Counter Charge
- Wolf Fang Strike
- Sudden Leap
- Burning Blade
- Shadow Blade Technique

Stance:
- Child of Shadow Stance, not active upon start

TheFallenOne
2010-10-01, 11:52 AM
Cadian, keep in mind Reduce Person has no effect on the Geodite since he has the elemental type

candycorn
2010-10-01, 01:04 PM
Assuming that DT/Green are in the red circles (per Cadian's earlier comment).

@Fallen:Mirror image of that would be C12, which is ideal for me.

Anisimovna, Round 1

Refs/LOS:Start in C9, hands empty.
Move to D11
Standard: Cast Enlarge Person (CL 2). Target is Barberration.

Done.

Stats:Location: D11
HP: 4/4
AC: 16 (Touch 16, FF 11)
Spells:Mage Hand x5

Nerveskitter, Reduce Person, Enlarge Person, Expeditious Retreat

Effects: Enlarge Person (Barberration) 1/20

Cute and Evil
2010-10-01, 02:06 PM
Actually, Cadian's earlier comment was the following:

I trust Cute&Evil and I are red now?

So I'm going out on a limb here and tell you you guys start on blue. :smallwink:

candycorn
2010-10-01, 02:43 PM
Assuming that DT/Green are in the red circles (per Cadian's earlier comment).

Actually, Cadian's earlier comment was the following:

So I'm going out on a limb here and tell you you guys start on blue. :smallwink:

Well, if Damage Tank and green are in Red (as I and Cadian both said)...
That would make us start on blue.

Since everyone was in agreement, how exactly are you going out on a limb? :smallwink:

Cute and Evil
2010-10-01, 02:59 PM
Sorry, I was confused by the fact that Cadian said "C&E and I" (the players), and you said "DT/Green" (the characters), an honest mistake, but no harm done. :smallbiggrin:

Right? :smalleek:

Cadian 9th
2010-10-01, 07:30 PM
Cadian, keep in mind Reduce Person has no effect on the Geodite since he has the elemental type

My head hurts. Headdesking is a bit rough for me... :smallbiggrin:

Green, Round 1:

Refs/LoS:

Drink potion of Reduce person, manifest Chameleon (Affectts my elemental as well);
5ft step to Z8;

Elemental Steps into z8 and gives me cover; Hide check (Green) [roll0]

Stats:

Green:
Active Effects: Reduce Person 10 rounds;
Chameleon: 10 rounds

AC: 21 (+2 Size+2 Studded Leather+6 Dex+1 Dodge)
Spot +0 Listen +0;

Hiro (elemental)
Active Effects: chameleon 10 rounds
AC: 20 (+7 Natural, +1 Size, -1 Dex, +2 Leather, +1 Shield)
Spot +0 Listen +0

Done.

Cute and Evil:

Potions are a move action, tatoo's are standards.

Sallera
2010-10-01, 08:26 PM
Green:Drinking a potion is a standard action. Please revise your turn.

Cadian 9th
2010-10-01, 11:51 PM
Oh crap, I never...

Green Revised:

Manifest Chameleon; move: move to Z12; Hide behind Hiro: [roll0]

Hiro (Elemental) will Move to Y12; Standard action: Ready action:

Use Stomp if an enemy comes within it's range.

Stats:

Green:
Chameleon: 10 rounds

AC: 21 (+2 Size+2 Studded Leather+6 Dex+1 Dodge)
Spot +0 Listen +0;

Hiro (elemental)
Active Effects: chameleon 10 rounds
AC: 20 (+7 Natural, +1 Size, -1 Dex, +2 Leather, +1 Shield)
Spot +0 Listen +0

Done. :smallsmile:

Cute and Evil
2010-10-02, 07:00 AM
Damage Tank, Round 1

Refs/LoS:
Start in Y13
Standard: Drink Potion of Reduce Person.
Free: 5ft Step to Z13, hiding behind Hiro as well: [roll0](as far as that's possible)
Now wielding bow in both hands, fully functional.

Stats:
HP: 6/6
AC: 19, FF13, T16 (+6 Dex, +3 Armor, +1 Size, -1 Aggressive)
Spot: +5, Listen: +6
Reduce Person: 10 rounds.

Done, tell me if I'm doing something wrong, this is my first match, after all. :smallredface:

TheFallenOne
2010-10-04, 02:38 AM
sorry, missed the new page

Barberration Turn 1

LoS
Start in C12, weaing ranseur and 2 potions
On Candys turn, I get enlarged to C12/d13
Swift: Activate Travel Devotion
Standard: drinkk potion Scent, drop vial. Proper ranseur grip and other potion to mouth
Move: to I16/J17

done

Stats
HP 13/13
AC 15, Touch 10, FF 14
Enlarge 20/20
Scent 600/600 um... I guess I'll skip keeping count of that one

Sallera
2010-10-04, 10:41 AM
Refs:Nyar.

Damage Tank:You and your partner are supposed to start in different circles, but you had an extra move action, so I'll just assume you used that. Also, you can't use the soft cover provided by a creature to Hide. Green is in Z12, Hiro is in Y12.

Green:You can't use the soft cover provided by a creature to Hide. Damage Tank is in Z13.

Barberration:Due to the snow, the furthest you can make it in that direction is H15/I16. Anisimovna is in D11.

Anisimovna:Barberration is in H15/I16.

candycorn
2010-10-04, 12:16 PM
Anisimovna, Round 2

Refs/LOS:
Standard: Cast Expeditious Retreat.
Swift: Activate Travel Devotion.
Move: From D11 to K13 (60' movement used)

Done.

Stats:Location: K13
AC: 16 (Touch 16, FF 11)

Effects: Enlarge Person (Barberration) 2/20
Expeditious Retreat (Self) 1/20, Travel Devotion 1/10

Cadian 9th
2010-10-04, 07:29 PM
Green, Round 2

Okay. Jepus I need to revise my rules :smallbiggrin:

Refs/LoS:

Standard: Drink potion of Reduce person.
Move: to Y9.
Free: Drop prone, hide [roll0]

Hiro:
Move: to X10.
Standard: Ready Action:
Use Stomp Psi-like ability if an opponent comes within 20ft.

Stats:

Green:
Chameleon: 9 rounds

AC: 21 (+2 Size+2 Studded Leather+6 Dex+1 Dodge) FF 14; Touch 19;
Spot +0 Listen +0;

Hiro (elemental)
Active Effects: chameleon 9 rounds
AC: 20 (+7 Natural, +1 Size, -1 Dex, +2 Leather, +1 Shield), FF 21, Touch 10;
Spot +0 Listen +0

Done...

Cute and Evil
2010-10-07, 12:50 AM
Sorry about the wait...

Damage Tank, Round 2

Refs/LoS:
Move to Y10. Whisper to partner: "What were you planning exactly? And what else did you give me besides the potion of reduce person? :smallredface:"

Not quite done, sorry.

Cadian 9th
2010-10-07, 01:20 AM
Green

Refs/LoS:

Speak to Teammate: "Potion of Shield of faith; Give me a moment and I'll get up a cloud. Barberation should be through and we'll fall back, hiding in my cloud... Let's go for the pillars as you said, and then hide. Make sure you're ready to use your counter-charge thing. " He says, smiling.

Cute and Evil
2010-10-09, 07:31 PM
Sorry for the hold-up, I was a little confused, we should continue without much further delay now.

Damage Tank, Round 2 part 2

Speak to Teammate:
"Sorry, but I can't counter-charge with my bow, and sadly I'll need a full round the switch weapons, so for now I'll simply take out the potion of shield of faith and hope for the best. I'm thinking the pillars to our north is our best bet, since we're closest to those."
Free: Switch bow grip to one-handed
Move: Take out potion of Shield of Faith
Free: put potion of shield of faith in mouth (not drinking it, just holding it in my mouth)
Free: Switch bow grip back to two-handed
Standard: Ready Action: Oops, can't do that, too many actions. Ignore I ever wrote that. :smallredface:
Shoot anything that I don't already have LoS to if it comes within LoS and one range increment.

Stats:
Reduce Person: 9 rounds.

Now I'm done. :smallwink:

TheFallenOne
2010-10-11, 01:12 AM
Candycorn is currently MIA, just so everyone knows. No idea if she'll return for the match

Barberration Turn 2

LoS
Oopsies, completely missed the half speed for the snow. Well, now I see why charging could be troublesome
Swift and move: to P15/Q16
Hide [roll0]

not done, need LoS

Stats
HP 13/13
AC 15, Touch 10, FF 14
Enlarge 19/20
Scent

Sallera
2010-10-11, 01:55 AM
Barberration:Movement in the snowstorm is at quarter speed; I think you've gone too far again.

TheFallenOne
2010-10-11, 02:07 AM
Sallera
Swift+double move then to go as far east as possible. Q15/R16?

Sallera
2010-10-11, 02:41 AM

Damage Tank:Barberration moves into P15/Q16. Green is in Y9, Hiro is in X10.

Green:Barberration moves into P15/Q16. Damage Tank is in Y10.

Barberration:P15/Q16, I think. Green is prone in Y9, reduced, holding a morningstar and an empty vial. The Geodite, who goes by Hiro, is in X10, with shield and armour. Damage Tank is in Y10, reduced, holding a potion in her mouth and wielding a bow.

Anisimovna:Barberration leaves LoS through the storm to the east.

candycorn
2010-10-11, 06:11 AM
Sorry for being scarce. I was unable to access a computer due to a family emergency involving out of state travel. I'm back now, so...

Anisimovna, Round 3

Refs/LOS:Standard: Cast Reduce Person, targeting myself.
Swift: from K13 to N13
Move: from N13 to O13.

Hide: [roll0]
MS: [roll1]

Done.

Stats:Location: O13, Hiding
AC: 18 (Touch 18, FF 12)

Effects: Enlarge Person (Barberration) 3/20
Expeditious Retreat (Self) 2/20, Travel Devotion 2/10, Reduce Person (self) 1/20

TheFallenOne
2010-10-13, 05:01 PM
Green, you're up

Cadian 9th
2010-10-13, 05:12 PM
Ya; just thinking.

Green

Refs:

Can I have some information on Barberration? What's his reach? etc.

Refs/Los:

say to teammate:
" Kraj. We'll see how Hiro goes then I'll either defend or attack. You should fire a shot and get to cover. We'll fall back regardless."

Stats:

Green:
Active Effects: Reduce Person 9 rounds;
Chameleon: 8 rounds

Spot +0 Listen +0;

Hiro (elemental)
Active Effects: chameleon 8 rounds
Spot +0 Listen +0

Not done.

Cute and Evil
2010-10-13, 05:22 PM
Teammate, out of turn stuff:
Say/whisper, whichever my teammate can understand without too much difficulty: "Kraj, I'll get in a shot before we get cover, so we're not uncovered immediately, I'll subsequently get out my daggers for some good fun."

Sallera
2010-10-16, 11:14 PM
Green/Damage Tank:Sorry, Barberration's wielding a ranseur at the moment. Has a potion in his mouth.

Cadian 9th
2010-10-17, 02:59 AM
Green, R3 - cont

Refs/LoS:

Hiro uses Energy Ray (Sonic) on Barberation (35ft range, ML 2nd). [roll0] ranged Touch, for [roll1] damage.

Waiting on results of rolls.

TheFallenOne
2010-10-18, 08:55 PM
well, you got your rolls

Cadian 9th
2010-10-18, 10:10 PM
Okay, I'll continue.

Refs/LoS:

" I think we've got this one. FIRE! " Green shouts, blasting with eldritch blast
Ranged Touch attack [roll0] for [roll1] damage.

Green moves to Z6.
Hiro moves to Y8.

Done.

Stats

Green:
Active Effects: Reduce Person 8 rounds;
Chameleon: 7 rounds

Spot +0 Listen +0;

Hiro (elemental)
Active Effects: chameleon 7 rounds
Spot +0 Listen +0

TheFallenOne
2010-10-19, 01:20 AM
Refs
was that supposed to be a LoS spoiler? Seems he isn't aware I see them. Also, he didn't say to which square the geodite is supposed to move before using his energy ray on me. And I think the range will just be 30 feet(25+5/2 ML), not 35 like he claimed, but I'd prefer you telling him after he picks a location for the Geodite:smallwink:

Cadian 9th
2010-10-21, 05:28 PM
Mistake.

Refs/LoS:

Hey, Fallen, did the EB hit?

I made a mistake on the range of Energy Ray (It's 5ft/2 ML not 5ft/ML), so my envoy is supposed to be at:

Hiro moves to W12 and fires his ray. Then he stays as he is.

Done.

Cute and Evil
2010-10-21, 05:32 PM
Do we need anything to be cleared up or can I go?

Cadian 9th
2010-10-21, 05:36 PM
Fallen has a ref question no-one's answered, so I guess you can't. :smallfrown:

Cute and Evil
2010-10-21, 05:42 PM
I can wait. :smallbiggrin: :smallamused: ... and think. And plot. And strategize...

Cadian 9th
2010-10-21, 05:47 PM
XD

Refs/LoS:

Say to teammate: " I've put 11 on him. Do you think you can take him down? Otherwise, Hiro can hold him up for awhile, on account of him not being enlarged. 20ft of reach means no full attack. "

Sallera
2010-10-25, 06:00 PM
Green:Ray fizzles, as you were about four days too late to notice that mistake. :smalltongue: And yes, the EB hit. You can't move to Z6, though, as you're prone at the moment, so please revise your movement.

Barberration:Green hits you with an EB for 6.

Still Green's turn.

Cadian 9th
2010-10-25, 07:05 PM
Refs:

Removed...

If it were a melee attack where one had insufficient reach to attack, the ref would say " Hey, you can't do that. Please revise. " But for some reason, manifesting a ray that targets a creature within range doesn't get the same treatment.

I ask for the ability to revise a rule involiation, if that's ok.

EDIT: Okay, that was uncalled for. I guess I'm just in a bad mood.

Sallera
2010-10-25, 08:09 PM
Green:As far as I know, melee attacks are treated the same way, although there has been some discussion on that matter. Spells failing on an out-of-range target is a well-established precedent, however. (As I recall, it's due to the fact that the target is chosen when the power finishes manifesting, rather than when it begins.)

Cadian 9th
2010-10-25, 10:05 PM
Refs:

Whatever, I guess.

So Green's prone, therefore 1/2 movement, right? So I can move up to 10ft. That's Z7 for me. (1 diagonal and 1 upwards). Is this correct? :smallsmile:

Sallera
2010-10-25, 10:18 PM
Green:Being prone reduces your speed to 5ft.

Cadian 9th
2010-10-26, 12:46 AM
Refs:

Y8 then. Let's get this show on the road. Can I make a hide check, now I have cover and concealment? If so, I'll do that here:

[roll0]

Refs/Los:

Bit of a muck up up. Green's crawled to Y8, after the fizzled ray attack by hiro and the hit with EB. So my teammate's go now, I guess. Good thing we can't be charged.

Green is in the same space as Hiro.

Done, teammates turn.

Stats:

Green:
Active Effects: Reduce Person 8 rounds;
Chameleon: 7 rounds

Spot +0 Listen +0;

Hiro (elemental)
Active Effects: chameleon 7 rounds
Spot +0 Listen +0

Cute and Evil
2010-10-26, 05:34 AM
Damage Tank, Round 3

Refs/LoS:
Swift Action Activate Law Devotion to Attack.

Standard Action Shoot Barbarration!
[roll0] vs AC17
[roll1] vs HP7?

Move Action to come after I see the result of these rolls

Not done, hang on.

Cute and Evil
2010-10-26, 06:02 AM
Damage Tank, Round 3 part 2

Refs/LoS:
Free Action speak/whisper to teammate (whatever volume he can hear, but not Barberration):
"Kraj, he can't reach us and attack, but he can move double-time and threaten you, I just moved out of range for that

Move Y10->Z5, less than full speed.
Refs:
Finish move to Z4, then back to Z5, now hopefully hiding. Can I attempt to hide on the incline? I'm assuming since it's so close to full speed it incurs the regular -5 penalty for full speed?
In any case: [roll0] the -5 is included there, add 5 if no penalty.

Done this time.

Stats:
Reduce Person: 8 more rounds.
Law Devotion: 9 more rounds.

TheFallenOne
2010-10-26, 09:57 AM
that has been a bit much back and forth, can I have a LoS check before taking my turn?

Sallera
2010-10-26, 10:57 AM

Damage Tank:Green is prone in Y8, Hiro is also in Y8. On speech, you can either speak, which everyone in LoS hears automatically, or whisper, which only adjacent creatures can hear.

Green:Barberration is in P15/Q16. You lose sight of Damage Tank as she leaves Z5 to the north.

Barberration:Green is prone in Y8. Hiro is also in Y8. Damage Tank misses you (A: 14) and then you lose LoS to her as she leaves Z6 to the north.

Anisimovna:Barberration is in P15/Q16.

TheFallenOne
2010-10-26, 11:19 AM
Barberration Turn 3

LoS and Ref question
Shout "Green is prone in Y8, reduced. Hiro is also in Y8. Damage Tank leaves Z6 to the north. I took 6 damage so far."

now, movement is counted for the square you enter, not the one you leave. I can reach T15/U16 with Swift Travel Devotion. Would that give me a clear charge line to Y8 since on my way I don't pass through 1/2 movement terrain? I start in such an area, but when entering U14/V15 I'd just pay 1 square of movement

not done

Stats
HP 7/13
AC 15, Touch 10, FF 14
Enlarge 18/20
Travel Devotion 7/10
Scent

Sallera
2010-10-26, 11:27 AM
Barberration:Aye, I think that works.

TheFallenOne
2010-10-26, 12:05 PM
LoS
yay! Though now I wonder why I don't carry my greatsword as well, I could make the Gore as secondary so I'd get three attacks instead of two... ah well

forgot I wield a potion in my mouth, so I temporarily had to switch it away for my shout

Swift: Travel Devotion to T15/U16
Free: ranseur left hand, potion right hand so I don't threaten with the reach weapon
"All hands, brace for impact!"
Free: Whirling Frenzy :smallfurious:
Charge Y8. W11/X12 is the closest square I think, so I have to move there
two gore attacks
#1: Gore on Green [roll0] +2 rage, -2 whirling, +2 charge vs prone AC(-4 vs melee)
#1 damage [roll1]

#2: Gore on Green if #1 was a miss, otherwise on Hiro [roll2] +2 rage, -2 whirling, +2 charge vs prone AC(-4 vs melee)
#2 damage [roll3]
after that, potion to mouth, proper weapon grip

TheFallenOne
2010-10-26, 12:13 PM
LoS
first hits, second misses. Green is pretty much splatter far as I can tell

and even if the charge wouldn't work, I could've used swift+move then make a single attack to the same result(well, less damage, but still enough)

done

Cadian 9th
2010-10-26, 04:36 PM
Refs:

Was I allowed to make that hide check?

I may not be dead just yet.

TheFallenOne
2010-10-26, 04:40 PM
Cadian
you can't hide while observed
what is suposed to give you cover, Hiro in the same square? Even if, and I doubt it, with +4 for prone and -4 for cover cancelling each other out you'd need AC 23 to not get hit

edit just there? Um, did you remove me from the spoiler header or did I slip up there? Sorry, tired and long day -.-

Sallera
2010-10-26, 05:00 PM
Green/Barberration:Aye, you could hide from someone else, but you don't have cover from Barberration there.

Cadian 9th
2010-10-26, 06:32 PM
Okay, I think there should be some sort of cover or something from me standing underneath an elemental, but hey. Well played Fallen :smallbiggrin:

So Hiro is unaffected?

candycorn
2010-10-26, 08:48 PM
Other creatures only give soft cover, and only if the creature is in another square (like above you). Soft cover works for AC/saves, but not for hiding.

TheFallenOne
2010-10-27, 01:56 AM
Okay, I think there should be some sort of cover or something from me standing underneath an elemental, but hey. Well played Fallen :smallbiggrin:

So Hiro is unaffected?

Hiro is fine, natural 1 misses obviously.

So, since Green is now a 10 foot radius red smear(-20 HP does that for you) what about Hiro? Normally a Ref would have to control him now I guess, but I think it's fine for Cadian to control him in an Exhibition

Cadian 9th
2010-10-27, 05:23 PM
There's a cool rule in 7th ed warhammer where you roll a d6 for cohort/mounts, like a 1-3 they sorta just guard the master, 4-5 they work fine, and a 6 they frenzy and hate the enemy. :smallbiggrin:

But I wouldn't mind controlling Hiro. I'll see what he can do... :smallamused:

candycorn
2010-10-27, 11:06 PM
Anisimovna, Round 4

Refs/LOS: CL Check: [roll0] vs DC 8.
Move: From O13 to O7.
Swift: Move from O7 to O1.

Hide: [roll1] (Reduce provides +5 total, move over 50% provides -5.
MS: [roll2] (Reduce provides +1 total, move over 50% provides -5.

Not done. Remainder of turn based on LOS.

Stats:Location: O13, Hiding

Effects: Enlarge Person (Barberration) 3/20
Expeditious Retreat (Self) 2/20, Travel Devotion 2/10, Reduce Person (self) 1/20

candycorn
2010-10-27, 11:07 PM
@Refs:Disregard CL check. I was originally toying with casting my level 2 spell, but removed it before I posted the turn. I neglected to remove the CL check.

Sallera
2010-10-27, 11:15 PM
Refs:Spot for DT: [roll0]
Listen for DT: [roll1]

Damage Tank:Hiro is in Y8. Barberration is in W11/X12. Green is quite dead.

Hiro:Barberration is in W11/X12.

Barberration:Hiro is in Y8.

Anisimovna:Barberration is in W11/X12. As you reach O5, you see Damage Tank in Z12. You may revise your turn from this point.

candycorn
2010-10-28, 01:09 AM
@Refs/LOS:Reverse and end in O6. Cast my Investiture of the spined devil.

CL Check:[roll0] vs DC 8

Done.

Stats:Location: O6, Hiding

Effects: Enlarge Person (Barberration) 4/20
Expeditious Retreat (Self) 3/20, Travel Devotion 3/10, Reduce Person (self) 2/20

TheFallenOne
2010-10-28, 04:11 AM
There's a cool rule in 7th ed warhammer where you roll a d6 for cohort/mounts, like a 1-3 they sorta just guard the master, 4-5 they work fine, and a 6 they frenzy and hate the enemy. :smallbiggrin:

But I wouldn't mind controlling Hiro. I'll see what he can do... :smallamused:

that rule is actually way older than 7th edition, I know it was in 5th, probably also 4th or even before

Cadian 9th
2010-10-28, 06:38 PM
Mmm - not sure if it's in 8th ed, though.

Hiro, elemental avenger Round 4
Refs/Los:

take a 5ft step towards barberation (from Y8 to X9), Manifest Defensively Energy Ray: [roll0] (Combat Manifestation)

Ranged Touch attack [roll1] for [roll2] damage.

Done.

Stats:

Hiro (elemental)
Active Effects: chameleon 6 rounds
Spot +0 Listen +0

TheFallenOne
2010-10-31, 02:40 PM
Cute and Evil, your turn again :smallsmile:

Barberration will undergo some changes since I'll submit him to Arena proper, I'll mark the made changes down here to avoid confusion

edit: with level 2 as cleric in mind, wisdom raised from 8 to 12, dex lowered from 14 to 12. No other changes

Cute and Evil
2010-10-31, 04:30 PM
Thanks for the heads-up, but 14->12 only gets you 2 points while 8->12 costs 4, that would make it 34PB. :smallwink:

Damage Tank, Round 4

Refs/LoS:
Standard action to shoot Barberration.
[roll0] vs FF AC if he hadn't spotted lil' ol' me. Forgot the +3 from Law Devotion, for a roll of 13, making the FF AC exactly. :smallbiggrin: still missing by 1... (because he's still large for -1 to AC?)
[roll1]
Let's see if that hits (and kills) Barberration.

Not done yet, one moment.

TheFallenOne
2010-10-31, 04:35 PM
Krynn Minotaurs get -2 dex, so it's actually reduced from 16 to 14, which equals 4 Point Buy

Cute and Evil
2010-10-31, 04:39 PM
Damage Tank, Round 4 part 2

HIT! what am I thinking...
Move action to move to X2, Swift action to activate Child of Shadow Stance. (I should've done that a long time ago...)

Stats:
AC: 21, FF15, T18 (+6 Dex, +3 Armor, +1 Size, -1 Aggressive, +2 Pillar of Ice)
Reduce Person: 7 more rounds.
Law Devotion: 8 more rounds.

Sorry, done, and that works then, yes. :smallwink:

TheFallenOne
2010-10-31, 04:55 PM
Barberration Turn 4

LoS
Shout [COLOR="Green"]Swift: move to W12/x13
Standard: drink potion, drop vial
Move: draw greatsword
Hold greatsword in mouth, ranseur in hands

done

Stats
HP 10/13
AC 17, Touch 12, FF 14
Enlarge 17/20
Travel Devotion 6/10
Whirling Frenzy 4/5
Scent

Cadian 9th
2010-10-31, 06:19 PM
@Fallen; Did the sonic ray hit?

TheFallenOne
2010-10-31, 06:22 PM
it did10chars

Cadian 9th
2010-10-31, 07:36 PM
Okay, cool, so you're on 1 hp (6 from EB+6 from Sonic ray)...

Candy's turn.

candycorn
2010-10-31, 08:22 PM
Anisimovna:

Refs/LOS:
Swift: Move North to O3.
Hide: [roll0] (Half speed)
MS: [roll1]

Not done, need LOS.

Sallera
2010-11-01, 08:25 PM

Damage Tank:Hiro is in X9. Barberration is in W11/X12.

Hiro:Barberration is in W11/X12. Damage Tank is in X2.

Barberration:Hiro is in X9. Damage Tank misses you with an arrow from Z5 and moves to X2.

Anisimovna:Barberration is in W11/X12. Hiro is in X9. Damage Tank is in X2.

Rewind to Barberration's Round 4 turn.

TheFallenOne
2010-11-01, 08:41 PM
oh. Interesting...

no change, though tempting

candycorn
2010-11-01, 09:04 PM
No change to the first part of my turn either.

Volley attack!

Attack 1:[roll0] vs FF AC (Damage Tank)
If Hit: [roll1]

Attack 2:[roll2] vs FF AC (Damage Tank)
If Hit: [roll3]

Attack 3:[roll4] vs FF AC (Damage Tank)
If Hit: [roll5]

After that, I become visible in O3.

Move: out of LOS to the west.

Remainder:to N3, and back to O3.

Hide: [roll6]
MS:[roll7]

Done.

Stats:Location: O3, Hiding

Effects: Enlarge Person (Barberration) 5/20
Expeditious Retreat (Self) 4/20, Travel Devotion 4/10, Reduce Person (self) 3/20, Investiture of the Spined Devil 2/20

candycorn
2010-11-01, 09:06 PM
Well, if 1 attack hits, he has law devotion active and on AC... Otherwise 2 hit.

TheFallenOne
2010-11-01, 09:06 PM
I believe you become visible after the first attack

candycorn
2010-11-01, 09:09 PM
Anisimovna's previous matches ruled that volley attacks are simultaneous.

TheFallenOne
2010-11-01, 09:12 PM
volleys, hm... If the spell explicitedly says they happen simultaneusly I guess that's right, I just know that multiple attacks in other cases, like Whirling Frenzy, happen separately. Cost me my last LA +1 Exhibition match

candycorn
2010-11-01, 09:30 PM
volleys, hm... If the spell explicitedly says they happen simultaneusly I guess that's right, I just know that multiple attacks in other cases, like Whirling Frenzy, happen separately. Cost me my last LA +1 Exhibition match

Whirling Frenzy is different. Precision damage applies to the bonus attack you get from WF. It is an entirely new attack, with all the advantages therein.

Volleys only get precision damage applied to the first. It's an entirely different attack method than rapid shot, or TWF, or whirling frenzy, or snap kick.

EDIT: The text of the spell is much like the text of the manticore ability. Here is an excerpt:

The subject can snap its body forward to unleash a volley of up to three spines as a standard action (make a separate attack roll for each spine).
Snapping the body forward is the action. It releases up to 3 spines, which are rolled seperately. That's about as simultaneous as you get.

Cute and Evil
2010-11-02, 12:08 AM
Yea, that ends me, silly old me forgot to move Law Devotion back to AC, so even the first attack hits. But... all attacks have 20% miss chance due to concealment, since I'm in the Child of Shadow stance and moved enough to activate it last turn.

candycorn
2010-11-02, 12:20 AM
No, the first misses due to the tree in X2.

Concealment: [roll0]
Concealment: [roll1]

As always, low (1-20) misses.

Cute and Evil
2010-11-02, 12:32 AM
Close, close. I take 3 damage from the third attack, I'll post my turn in a couple hours, when I can think a bit more clearly.

Also, before I take my turn, LoS check maybe?

Sallera
2010-11-02, 12:38 AM
Refs:Spot for DT: [roll0]

Damage Tank:Hiro is in X9. Barberration is in W12/X13.

Hiro:Barberration is in W12/X13. Damage Tank is in X2.

Barberration:Hiro is in X9. Damage Tank is in X2.

Anisimovna:Barberration is in W12/X13. Hiro is in X9. Damage Tank is in X2.

Cadian 9th
2010-11-02, 02:46 AM
Hiro, Going for the Revenge kill Round 5. FIGHT!

Refs/LoS:

Hiro 5ft steps towards Barberation: to W10, then attacks with his slam attack.

[roll0] for [roll1] damage.

Grrr.

Stats:

Hiro (elemental)
Active Effects: chameleon 5 rounds
Spot +0 Listen +0

Done.

TheFallenOne
2010-11-02, 07:09 AM
Cadian
unless your slam got reach through some undisclosed means I'm too far away to be attacked from W10

Cadian 9th
2010-11-02, 04:39 PM
Refs/Fallen:

Sorry, I'm full of mistakes this match :smallredface:

I guess he'll go foward 2 squares. Go for your AOO :smallbiggrin:

TheFallenOne
2010-11-02, 04:48 PM
LoS
AoO used for grapple attempt
[roll0] vs touch AC
opposed grapple [roll1] 8 str, 1 BAB, 4 size
if success, move into X9/W10 to maintain grapple
damage [roll2] nonlethal

hit and autosuccess I think. You have a standard action left

Cadian 9th
2010-11-02, 06:33 PM
LoS:

Yup, good job Fallen. That means you dropped a weapon, right?

Hiro roars in anger and then punches Barberation in the face. -4 attack.

[roll0] vs No Dex to AC for [roll1]

EDIT: Bahhhhhhhh. I hate my characters. Face me in gestalt 6th, fallen, and we'll see who's laughing :smallamused:

TheFallenOne
2010-11-02, 06:37 PM
LoS
don't need a free hand to initiate grapple, unarmed can be performed with any bodypart. I personally always go with a headbutt to initiate the grapple on prior occasions

Grapple is the weak point of Hiro, low touch AC, low grapple bonus. Though the DR will hold me up possibly

CaE up again

Gestalt 6th where? I could put my level 3 Nifhel against whatever you have on that level, though he's made as a versatile dungeoncrawler

Cadian 9th
2010-11-04, 06:02 PM
[trash-talking] Horace could rip your guy to shreds, at L2. Could you take him down in a turn? [/trash talking]

C&E!

TheFallenOne
2010-11-04, 06:13 PM
well, as said Nifhel is made for dungeon crawling, not dueling and he's doing well so far. For a level 2 duel you'd likely face a Gestalt version of Barberration. His Arena version on level 2 will have 5 attacks with good bonuses and damage, with Gestalt he'd get some other goodies too, though not sure what

And come on Cute and Evil, I'm eager for more blood :smalltongue:
um, do elementals have blood? :smallconfused:

Cadian 9th
2010-11-04, 06:31 PM
I must check this Nifhel out.

Hiro's made of earth, so no blood for you there. Hopefully the damage will put Barberration down. I hate making mistakes, did I mention that?

TheFallenOne
2010-11-04, 06:47 PM
Nifhel isn't impressive to be honest, I'm surprised myself he's close to Floor 3 without dying once. I've seen plenty more nasty builds submitted to NED

Cadian 9th
2010-11-04, 06:58 PM
Same here with Horace. Out of all my tricky builds, He's done the best. Though, I haven't seen any stunning L1 gestalts at the moment.

TheFallenOne
2010-11-09, 02:56 PM
:smallsigh: maybe we should shoot her a PM?

Cute and Evil
2010-11-21, 11:01 PM
I always tend to forget about games not planned for a specific time (like IRC games and such), so sorry.:smalleek:

Being my lazy self (I do apologize again), I would like some time to read over the whole thread again, and think about my turn, though I can guarantee this time I will post my turn within 24 hours. Is that good enough? It's better than nothing, right? :smallredface:(Though I should probably not submit any new characters to the arena/withdraw them for the sake of others)

candycorn
2010-11-21, 11:11 PM
K. You know, you can subscribe to the thread, using thread tools, and then see all subscriptions in your quick links? It'll show what threads have new posts.

Cute and Evil
2010-11-22, 12:04 PM
I have subscribed to the thread, I simply don't log on and check all the threads all that often, my apologies for that. :smallredface:

Damage Tank, Round 5

LoS:
Move to V4, attack Barbarration, Switch Law Devotion to AC.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Done, stats:
HP: 3/6
AC: 22, FF16, T19 (+6 Dex, +3 Armor, +1 Size, -1 Aggressive, +3 Law Devotion)
Reduce Person: 6 more rounds.
Law Devotion: 7 more rounds.

TheFallenOne
2010-11-22, 12:39 PM
Damage Tank
shooting in grapple gives you a 50/50 chance who you hit, roll randomization please(low hits your mate)

LoS
full attack with whirling frenzy
Opposed grapple to damage opponent
Grapple 1 [roll0] 8 str, 1 BAB, 4 size, -2 frenzy
Damage [roll1]

Grapple 2 [roll2]
Damage [roll3]
still have secondary natural weapon remaining

need input from CaE and Cadian to sort out results

Cute and Evil
2010-11-22, 02:39 PM
LoS:
Ah, right, didn't notice you guys were in a grapple. [roll0]1-50 hits Hiro, 51-100 hits Barberration.

Proceed...

Cadian 9th
2010-11-22, 04:59 PM
Nice...

los:

Wait, what? Hiro's small, Barberation's large. 50/50 seems so... strange. It is the rules though, just funny.

Okay, so Hiro takes 1 damage. (DR 5/-) from DT's attack.

opposed grapple [roll0]

opposed grapple [roll1]

EDIT: Hiro drops. Nice one Fallen, good game :smallbiggrin:

TheFallenOne
2010-11-22, 05:18 PM
LoS/Cadian
gg Cadian. Just be glad that this build will only get the Aberrant tentacles on level 2 :smallbiggrin: some characters have needed therapy after encountering Aberrant Commoner

anyway, let's go for the kill
Swift: Travel Devotion to U6/V7
Gore attack on Damage Tank [roll0] 9 str, 1 BAB, 1 high ground, -2 frenzy, -5 secondary natural, -1 size
Damage [roll1]

just noticed my str bonus was 9 not 8, forgot enlarge bonus

done

Stats
HP 10/13
AC 17, Touch 12, FF 14
Enlarge 16/20
Travel Devotion 5/10
Whirling Frenzy 3/5
Scent

candycorn
2010-11-22, 10:01 PM
Anisimovna Turn:

Swift: Move to O4, Hide

Hide:[roll0]
If DT doesn't beat this roll with a 30 foot distance penalty, the following attacks are vs Flat footed AC.

Attack 1: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]
Conceal, if Applicable: [roll3] 1-20 misses

Attack 2: [roll4]
Damage: [roll5]
Conceal, if Applicable: [roll6] 1-20 misses

Attack 3: [roll7]
Damage: [roll8]
Conceal, if Applicable: [roll9] 1-20 misses

Regardless, after the attacks, I appear in O4. I then disappear as I move to N4. Remainder of turn:and back to O4. Hide:[roll10]

Done.

Stats:Location: O3, Hiding

Effects: Enlarge Person (Barberration) 6/20
Expeditious Retreat (Self) 5/20, Travel Devotion 5/10, Reduce Person (self) 4/20, Investiture of the Spined Devil 3/20

Sallera
2010-11-22, 10:21 PM
Second part of Barberration's turn there doesn't work; you can't take any movement in the middle of a full attack aside from a 5ft step.

TheFallenOne
2010-11-22, 11:06 PM
The only movement you can take during a full attack is a 5-foot step. You may take the step before, after, or between your attacks.

You're right, forgot about this one. I remembered a Kyeudo ruling that you can take free actions in the middle of other actions, combined with

ou can take a swift action any time you would normally be allowed to take a free action.

In that case, I'll maul the helpless Hiro for some more damage, then take the same swift move