PDA

View Full Version : Eidolon questions [PF/3.5]

Dark_Juggernaut
2010-09-26, 03:59 AM
Was wondering if anyone here could help me figure some of this out.
When an Eidolon is summoned with the level 2 Summon Eidolon spell, can it act the round it's summoned?
Are Eidolons subject to Staggered and Unconscious when they go to 0 and -1 hitpoints?
Are there any feats an Eidolon can take to be considered an Elemental?

PinkysBrain
2010-09-26, 09:22 AM
1 round casting spells come into effect at the start of your next turn, he acts in the next round (as I said in another thread, don't use the spell unless you can quicken it or you have a couple of rounds to prepare before combat). I don't see any reason to not assume Eidolons follow normal staggered/dying rules. I don't think there is any feat to get the elemental type.

The Glyphstone
2010-09-26, 09:29 AM
1 round casting spells come into effect at the start of your next turn, he acts in the next round (as I said in another thread, don't use the spell unless you can quicken it or you have a couple of rounds to prepare before combat). I don't see any reason to not assume Eidolons follow normal staggered/dying rules. I don't think there is any feat to get the elemental type.

Well, if Eidolons are Constructs, then they can't be Staggered or Dying, because they'd be destroyed at 0 HP anyways. If they're...Magical Beasts or something, they could and would be as normal.

Dark_Juggernaut
2010-09-26, 03:24 PM
I think I misunderstood the 1 round casting time, ouch.
From the looks of things, I'll have to look pretty hard to find a feat that simply lets an Eidolon be considered an Elemental for the Augment Elemental feat. Changing it's type would just jack up it's stats to much.