PDA

View Full Version : Split Thread (IC)

BooNL
2010-09-26, 07:28 AM
With the destructive war waging between the nations of Amirath and Nerital, the Old World is starting to crack. Fell magic has turned most of the land uninhabitable and most of the Gods' creations have mutated far out of their control. In anticipation to the world's end, Reyn the Watcher has dissappeared from his Icy Tower atop Mount Hyrach. He left behind a small portal, a glimmer of a void between the stars. A glimmer of hope.

Here in the void the Watcher intends to create a new world, away from the destructive forces that have plagued the Old World. He fully knows he could not close the portal behind him and expects some of his fellow gods to join him in this endeavor. He just hopes they can behave themselves this time.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v357/BooNL/map1copy.jpg
Fear the awesomness of my l33t photoshop skillz!

Lizard Lord
2010-09-26, 08:19 PM
Salas the Scarred opened his eyes after entering Reyn's portal. A slight smile appeared on his face as he looked at the world below him. Finally, a fresh start.

Randel
2010-09-26, 11:07 PM
Jabarok

In the Old World Jabarok had ruled over the Underland for millennium, hoarding up the treasures of countless mortal civilizations even as his chosen minotaurs had expanded the labyrinthine tunnels beneath the surface of the planet.

Gold, jewels, precious stones and minerals or all types were his by right and the numerous treasures he had hoarded were his by virtue and skill. Unfortunately, the various mortal races had begun to envy his wealth and soon 'adventurers' had made it both a profession and a sport to raid his caverns and complexes for the wealth he had stored up.

It had been fun at first but eventually things got stupid, the mortals and monsters grew powerful and reckless and mutated over the eons into terrible things that lived for nothing but killing and looting. His Underland which had been sacred and protected for so long was being raided from all sides and no matter what defenses he set up the looters just kept coming despite the dangers.

Didn't those mortals have anything better to do?

But no, that world was gone. Its one thing for the inhabitants of the surface to wage war and mutant into unspeakable things but once they start contaminating the safe vaults of the Underland then things have gone too far.

So Jabarok had given the order, he sealed up all the tunnels to the surface, ordered his treasures brought down to the very deepest hole in the deepest tunnels, and ordered his servants to wait below. With any luck, the surface dwellers would destroy themselves but that could be too much to ask. At the very least it would be harder for them to loot the magical artifacts in Jabaroks vaults.

But then, the horned king had seen the sparkling portal in the void between the stars. A tiny rift in reality which a god could use to leave this world behind and start anew.

It had been a tough decision... wait here in this broken world with his treasures and servants in an attempt to restore sanity or just start a new one and rebuild his fortune and create new servants.

Being a God of Greed can be tough at times.

After a bit of thought, Jabarok did one last tour of his domain and met with his high priests. He informed them of his decision and as a sign of his loyalty to his people he took the left horn of all his priests and priestesses and placed them into a bag at his side. When he remakes the Minotaurs in this new world then they would be created from the horns of his loyal servants.

Bidding farewell (hopefully not a final farewell... though it is unlikely that he will see his priests again) the horned king shed his physical form for the first time in ages and ascended to the sky. Bursting out of the rocks and caverns, shooting from the top of Mt. Styx, and he gave one last look down on the war torn and ruined surface of this broken world.

Then, he shot through the portal between worlds and made his way to a new beginning.

"Hello World." he says, overlooking this beautiful new sphere. "Well, beauty is only skin deep. We need something under the surface to truly make it work."

Raising his hands to the sky, Jabarok gathers his divine power and brings them down, pointing to a spot near the Eastern side of the continent where the lightning from his fingertips causes the necessary geological transformations for a large network of limestone caverns. Grooves in the surface mark where water will collect and sink below and slowly hollow out the limestone caverns which will eventually mark the start of the new Underlands.

Using 6 power points to create a network of limestone caverns around 9,AA-AB.

On the surface it will have small streams of water heading west (water created by moisture from the ocean) which will flow into cave entrances and hollow it out.

So maybe some small streams or marshland at 9,AB and the entrance to the caverns at 9,AA

Lizard Lord
2010-09-27, 12:39 AM
Salas was conflicted over rather or not he should play favorites, but in the end he could not deny that he had a soft spot for the mongrelfolk above the all the other mistreated races. Perhaps here they could be their own people rather then discarded children forced to hide amongst their parent races.

Although hiding is still not a bad idea. If the other mortals of this world become anything like the mortals of the Old World then the mongrelfolk should hide. And Salas had an idea of where to hide them. Eying the larger of the two islands already existent in this world Salas springs forth a dense and beautiful jungle. When it comes time to place his favored children on this new world they can hide here and be isolated until it is certain that rest of the world is safe for them.

Or until they can hide no longer.

ArcanistSupreme
2010-09-27, 06:38 AM
Seefla is furious that a new world could dare to begin while her children lay dying in the old one, forever to be lost. Determined that this new land shall be inhospitable to life or happiness, she begins to spread desert across the northeast portion of the continent. Soon, the desert would consume all, nothing would live, and Seefla would have the satisfaction that nothing could exist after her beloved races had died. Cold would come next, and wind. But desert would do for now.

Seefla spends 9 points to create a desert composed of small, sharp stones in 5,AI-AJ and 6,AJ. 0 points remaining.

BooNL
2010-09-27, 07:33 AM
Reyn

The Watcher sighs, it has only been a short moment and his newly created paradise had already been found. He releases the strands of the world and stops for a moment to see what the other deities were doing.

Underground lairs, deserts and jungle islands. It would have to do, Reyn sighed again.

He picks up the fate strands and weaves in a new island in the middle of the large lake. He lightly blows on the thread and a great surge of cold flows over the island, covering it in ice.

Shape land on 15Z to create a new island there. Shape Climate to radically drop the temperature to artic levels.

5 points used, 3 remaining.

Dada
2010-09-27, 04:45 PM
As the old world starts to unravel at its seems and degrades into chaos and war, Valhel looks for a way to save the remaining good people. He is no longer able to protect or secure those who pray to him, but he spots a glimmer a hope on the horizon - a portal.

Valhel gives his followers the last instructions, before setting of into the new world. He wishes there was some other way, but no other options remain. The old world will be left for it's own fate, as a new and better existence is constructed.

Some other gods have made it here as well, but that is not important right now. Valhel draws forth power from the earth, and a lush and fertile forest springs forth from the barren soil. Satisfied with his work, Valhel looks back over his shoulder one last time. Perhaps someday there will be a way..

Doctor Acula
2010-09-27, 11:34 PM
Szasz remembers the old world, there he was barely known. But here he would make his presence known. Szasz shapes an altar for all to know of his power and of his greatness. He creates a pillar surrounded by the very spark of brilliance he gives to people.

OOC:
Szasz shaped M11 into a perfectly flat wasteland with a singe huge spike made of earth shooting up ten miles into the sky. (3 points) Then he fashions the weather in the wasteland to be eternal vicious, tornadoes and thunderstorms that never produce rain. (2 points)

BooNL
2010-09-28, 03:24 AM
Turn 2

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v357/BooNL/map2.jpg

ArcanistSupreme
2010-09-30, 09:25 AM
Seefla descends into her new wasteland, surveying the barren surroundings. She lifts her arms, and the stony desert expands outward. A wind rises, slowly at first, and then gathering more and more force until tiny bits of rock are carried by the wind. These shards slash through Seefla's rags and flesh, but she does not cry out. Tiny droplets of her blood fall upon the ground, and from them emanates a cold that cuts far deeper than even the jagged stones. Tears fall from her cheeks, and she looses a howl of rage.

9 points spent on Shape Land to turn 5,AK; 6,AI&AK; and 7,AI-AK into more of the stony desert. The remaining 2 points are used on Shape Climate to create howling, almost tornado-strength winds and frigid cold in 6,AI-AJ. 0 points remaining.

Doctor Acula
2010-10-02, 01:21 PM
Szasz looks upon his monument and finds it bland. To add color he creates an abundance of plants in the area. He makes purple, glowing moss which forces the mind into the dream realm, dark red trees with no leaves shaped as spoons, bushes that have pages with secrets written on them instead of leaves and a bright green vine which shapes itself as if it were made of hands. He makes the land dry and hard, these plants thrive in that environment.

he makes the changes too M11, M12, N11, N12

Lizard Lord
2010-10-02, 02:18 PM
Salas continues to grow the future jungle home of the mongrelfolk. He then uses his staff to stir the waters north of the island. The swirling waters remain long after the scarred god has removed his weapon. The whirlpools should dissuade sailors from trying to reach the island.

I will spend 6 points to cast shape land to create jungles on 23 h-i and 21 h-i. This leaves me with 3 points left. I will then spend 2 points to use Shape Climate to create eternal whirlpools on the water parts of 21 h-i. I have 1 point left.

Randel
2010-10-02, 10:02 PM
Jabarok looks over the surface of the world, its slowly beginning to take form now that the other gods have followed here to make their marks.

And they were doing so much to the surface... especially Seefla and her barren desert.

Recalling what had happened to the last world, Jabarok decided that in order to ensure the safety of his precious underland then he would need allies. Perhaps join a pantheon of sorts. He ruling the underland and his partners ruling the surface.

Keeping back, he spies Salas working on his island. Salas had always been an interesting god, protector of the mixed breeds and monsters who were often rejected by the humans and other races. Perhaps the two of them could form an arangement.

Jabarok makes his way towards Salas.

"Greetings, Salas the Scarred. I, Jabarok the Horned King come to you in the hope of a possible alliance. The old world was destroyed by the corruption of its creatures and the constant wars that had run across its surface. I know I have been rather standoffish during millenia before this. Perhaps I had been to occupied with my own precious underland to see the signs of what happened on the surface."

The Horned King scratches his head, his bull-like head shakes a bit as he tries to explain himself.

"Basically... I think we could do well by forming a pantheon. We can work together to ensure our goals come to fruitiion. Me ruling the underland of this world and you protecting the mixed breeds and monsters."

He takes a deep breath,.

"In the old world, I ordered my minotaurs to dig below the surface and seal off the surface entrances. They should be safe down there for some time and I have other means to restore my people should a... rescue prove impossible."

He stands up straight as he says this last thing.

"However, my information is incomplete about the safety of your patron races. I do not know what they may be experiencing in the old world but I suspect that the sooner we act to bring them here than the better. I will gladly share my divine energies with you in order to bring creatures to this new world. Perhaps the mixed breeds you watch over may be brought here and propagate over the surface. When my underland is completed then they will have additional protection from the humans and other noble races."

He turns, "I say this not out of any sort of... goodness in my heart. I simply do not wish for this world to be destroyed by constant war. The sooner we bring this world under control then the less likely later wars will destroy it. While Seefla seems bent on rendering this world a desolate wasteland (a pity... I remember she once was a goddess of love and passion) our combined might should allow us to protect our patron races from destruction by her or anyone elses hands."

"Basically: You, Me, an alliance, form our own pantheoon and take over this world before anyone else can mess it up like the last one. Sound fair?"

Lizard Lord
2010-10-03, 01:03 AM
Salas nods. "I know of your minotaurs Jabarok. They were proud and powerful creatures. Unfortunately my own followers were few and spread far across the Old World. They had no true homes and mortals and other gods saw them as vermin. I could barely keep them safe before the great wars. But what I can do is help them thrive and live peacefully on this new world. An alliance with you could help achieve that goal.

Before I accept however, I would like to ask you of one favor. The kobolds, were one of the most poorly treated races of the old and their society greatly prefered underground areas to surface. I would not wish to fight you for the underground lair, but I would like it if you could allow the kobolds to live peacefully alongside your minotaurs. Which of us creates and rules over the kobolds does not truly matter to me. Just as long as the kobolds can live peacefully and happily in the terrain of their choice."

Dada
2010-10-03, 05:03 AM
Valhel ignores the other gods as he works to expand the home he is creating. He draws forth power from the earth, expanding the forest to L7.

Randel
2010-10-04, 02:32 AM
Jabarok nods

"Yes the Kobolds... they were related to dragons were they not?" He ponders this and nods.

"How about this, we pool our resources to create the Kobolds. We will rule over them together and should we two ever drift away then we simply have separate communities of Kobolds to rule over."

He smiles.

"I say that the Kobolds once created shall always be welcome in the Underland as long as their tribes do not wage war amongst eachother. Though that naturally goes for any race. After all, with their digging ability they shall be instrumental in maintaining the caverns and expanding it."

Lizard Lord
2010-10-04, 12:39 PM
Salas nodded. "So it is agreed. I would be glad to be your ally Jabarok." Salas extends his hand for a handshake to seal the deal.

Randel
2010-10-08, 10:48 PM
Jabarok nods and shakes hands with Salas to seal the deal. With two gods working together then hopefully the new world will become a good place free of the turmoil of the past one.

"The thought occurs to me that if we are now a pantheon then perhaps we should make a name to call ourselves. Perhaps... The Preserver Gods, or The Guardians of Peace. So that our worshipers and those of other races to come will know that we seek to preserve the lives of our followers or prevent this world from falling into war as the last one did."

"Though its no hurry, I doubt we will have much need for a pantheon name at least until a mortal race is created."

ArcanistSupreme
2010-10-10, 02:12 PM
Seefla howls with frustration and rage.The winds carry her scream to every corner of the wastes, and the gales seem to blow even harder with her fury.

ArcanistSupreme
2010-10-18, 06:26 AM
TURN 3
http://i975.photobucket.com/albums/ae238/ArcanistSupreme/New%20World/NewWorld.jpg

Randel
2010-10-20, 10:19 PM
Jabarok gathers his power once more, preparing for the moment of truth.

"Friend Salas, I believe the hour draws near for the first mortal race to grace the surface of this world. As per our deal, the Kobolds should be the first to arrive from our partnership."

Jabarok stretches, his abundance of power flowing through his body. He turns to Salas and prepares to combine his power with Salas, a handshake between them should allow Salas to tap into their combined power to create the race of kobolds.

"So, shall we create the kobold race anew... or do you think we can rescue some of them from the previous world and relocate them to this pristine sphere?"

Lizard Lord
2010-10-21, 01:42 AM
Salas shakes Jabarok's hand when offered but sighs at the minotaur god's question. "We may have to recreate them. I know not how to rescue them from the doomed world. But through recreating them we can perhaps preserve them in spirit."

Dada
2010-10-21, 11:07 AM
Valhel looks upon the area he has created with satisfaction, but realizes that he needs to protect it along with the rest of this new world.

He reaches out, catching the light of the sun, and shapes it into majestic figures. Their strength is great and he spends his days sharing wisdom and knowledge with his new creations. He teaches them of music and philosophy, and he teaches them to protect that which is good and pure. Satisfied, he places his new race of Guardians in the top of the highest mountains in the world. Their duty is to protect those who are good, and the world itself.

Actions:

Create subrace (12 points) to create a race of angels. They primarily live in the N-R mountains, but will slowly explore and spread over the rest of the world. Outside of their home, they will be very rare though.

Randel
2010-10-22, 02:16 AM
Jabarok nods

"Very well then, lets us restore the kobolds in spirit so that they may once again know life... an this new world may have an intelligent race to see it and give it meaning."

Jabarok closes his eyes and concentrates with Salas.

"Now, create the kobolds as you see fit and place them where you will. They are your favored race and while we are both instrumental in their creation then let it be your vision and love that gives them life."

Lizard Lord
2010-10-24, 03:09 AM
"Are you certain you wish to make them now? I would like to place them in an underground tunnel, but there seems to be only one. I had believe that you had reserved that one for the creation of the minotaurs."

Randel
2010-10-24, 09:18 PM
"Hmm, I suppose you have a point." Jabarok says. The Horned God lowers his hand and agrees to hold off on the creation of the worlds first mortal race.

"Prepare a place for the kobolds as you see fit. I'll be ready to supply the divine spark when needed." Jabarok sighs and waits, giving the world another look over. Indeed, the existing caverns were prepared for the minotaur, best let the kobolds have their own specially created starting point.

Its not like any of the other gods would beat them to the punch at creating the first mortal race. Though he could probably have just created the minotaurs on his own they way things are turning out.

No... no... this is best. Better to form a pantheon and unite the divine forces of this world then let it all fall to chaos as the last one did.

Lizard Lord
2010-10-24, 10:16 PM
"Very well. If you do not object, I would like to expand upon the tunnels that you have made. The portion you have created will still belong to the minotaurs. This way the two races can be connected, as I would like them to be close allies in life."
If Jaborak agrees to this plan Salas will begin doing as he said.

Unless Randel doesn't want me to, I will spend three points on shape land to create under caverns in 9 y and z that connect to each other. The one in Z will also be connecting to Randel's cavern.

ArcanistSupreme
2010-10-25, 12:40 PM
Seefla eyes the meetings of Jabarok and Salas warily. Brooding on the implications, she gathers her power and expands her freezing storm.

The storm is expanded to 5AJ-AK and 6AJ-AK.

Randel
2010-10-25, 08:58 PM
"I have no objections to that plan" Jabarok says, eying the construction. That was good, Jabarok was worried that Seefla was going to start them out on that tiny island where they couldn't spread to the mainland.

ArcanistSupreme
2010-10-28, 12:25 PM
TURN 4
http://i975.photobucket.com/albums/ae238/ArcanistSupreme/New%20World/NewWorldT4.jpg

Randel
2010-10-31, 09:08 PM
Jabarok gathers his power again and this time decides to start things out himself. The Horned King lays down the horns he had gathered from his faithful minotaurs and raises his hands.

"Oh bones of those gone, horns of the faithful... I your God and creator give you life once more and deem you the first race of this new world!" Then, releasing his power the horns he had carried from the old world are infused with divine essence and they grow into a large group of minotaurs. Three thousand strong, male and female minotaurs awaken to his new world in perfect bodies and minds freshly infused with the knowledge they need to live.

"Let there be intelligent life in this world." The Horned King says. "But not merely you." He turns to see Salas and then gathers the last bits of his divine power for now and offers it to the other god. Hopefully this will be enough that Salas can create his kobolds and then both the minotaurs and kobolds will share this world together.

Start with 30 points
Use 22 to cast Create Race to create the minotaurs
Keep the remaining 8 and offer them to Salas so he can add them to his pool and create the kobolds if he desires.

Lizard Lord
2010-10-31, 10:53 PM
Accepting some of Jabarok's power, Salas causes clay to rise up in the caverns and begins shaping it. Soon the clay to begins to turn into bones, blood, flesh, and scale as first kobolds are created.

"Noble Kobolds, you have taken you first breath in this world as one of its earliest mortals. The proud minotaurs are to be your allies. Treat them well and watch out for them and they shall do so in return."

Using all 17 of my points and 5 of Randel's I will use Create Race to make the kobolds. I will place them in 9Y.

ArcanistSupreme
2010-11-02, 03:15 PM
She sees the new races, and she is not happy. "So, we wish to start anew, do we? We wish to start fresh, in a world without danger, do we?" She mutters faster and faster, and the winds howl and moan with her. "None of that, no, no, no. Nothing is free, without pain, without despair. No, no, nothing. There is only one constant, and it is suffering."

Suddenly, she gathers her energy into an enormous ball of frigid energy and hurls it at the caverns within which the newly created minotaurs and kobolds live. The walls of the caverns are frozen over, and small eggs begin to form. Within minutes, the eggs grow larger and larger, and then there is movement within them. The beasts that emerge are winged lizards, pure white, and full of malice. And they are hungry.

"They shall know it too." Seefla's smile is full of broken and rotting teeth. "Yes, yes they shall."

2 points to shape climate, bringing the frigid cold and fierce winds to the caverns of the kobolds and minotaurs (9Y and 9AA[?]). 12 points to create white dragons in 9Z (for story purposes they are just outside of kobold and minotaur territory). The dragons are xenophobic to the extreme, and hate anything that is not a dragon. Though they will probably never realize it, if they do succeed in wiping out everything else, they will have destroyed their food supply and doomed themselves as well (Seefla enjoys irony).

0 points remaining.

Dada
2010-11-07, 05:06 PM
Valhel shakes his head sadly as he watches the actions of Seefla. Nothing good would come from this, but hopefully the other gods would be able to deal with the dragons themselves. As he prays that the conflict won't escalate into a full godly war, Valhel continues working on his haven. He makes the climate mild, the rain bountiful and the sun warm.

Actions:

Spend all 12 points to change the climate in N-P 7-8 to a temperate one perfect for farming.

ArcanistSupreme
2010-11-18, 01:13 PM
TURN 5
http://i975.photobucket.com/albums/ae238/ArcanistSupreme/New%20World/NewWorldT5.jpg