PDA

View Full Version : Gaining additional swift/immediate actions

Ilriyn
2010-09-26, 05:12 PM
For a character I'm building, I need ways, be they feats, items, spells, soulmelds, etc, to gain additional swift actions per turn. Does anyone know of any that they could share with me? Thanks in advance.

Kalaska'Agathas
2010-09-26, 05:14 PM
Ruby Knight Vindicator 7 grants the ability Divine Impetus that allows you to burn a turn undead to gain a swift action.

Ilriyn
2010-09-26, 05:17 PM
Oops, I should have specified something earlier. My character is playtesting a homebrew class, and so adding other class levels or PrC levels won't work. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Douglas
2010-09-26, 05:22 PM
Getting extra swift actions is extremely rare. Getting extra immediate actions is pretty much impossible, aside from one high level, specific, and limited exception.

Extra immediate actions: Stance of Alacrity, an 8th level Diamond Mind stance from Tome of Battle, effectively gets you one additional immediate action that can only be used for Counter maneuvers. As far as I know, there is nothing else in all of WotC 3.5 material that will get you extra immediate actions on a single creature.

Extra swift actions: Shapechange into one of the two or three creatures that get a full-blown extra turn every round would do it; Ruby Knight Vindicator lets you convert Turn Undead uses into extra swift actions; there may be a small handful of other ways to do it.

In general swift and immediate actions are the hardest in the game to circumvent the 1/round limit, and there are very few ways to do it at all.

Oops, I should have specified something earlier. My character is playtesting a homebrew class, and so adding other class levels or PrC levels won't work. Thanks for the suggestion though.
In that case, the answer is pretty much "not possible", unless this class is able to use Shapechange and you're willing to abuse one of its cheesier options.

Urpriest
2010-09-26, 06:19 PM
Isn't there an epic feat/SDA that adds an additional quickened spell in a round? Multispell or something? I've seen it a few times on the Iron Siege thread in the WotC forums, but it could be a Dicefreaks thing.

nargbop
2010-09-27, 02:12 AM
A few levels of factotum allows you to create extra standard actions for yourself, on your turn.

The Celerity spells allow you to turn your immediate action into a move, standard, or full action. You'll want to be immune to dazing or you'll lose your regular next turn. I use the Paladin spell Favored of the Martyr from Spell Compendium.

Glimbur
2010-09-27, 10:15 AM
Isn't there an epic feat/SDA that adds an additional quickened spell in a round? Multispell or something? I've seen it a few times on the Iron Siege thread in the WotC forums, but it could be a Dicefreaks thing.

Multispell (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/feats.htm#multispell) lets you cast one additional quickened spell a round, per time you take it. It is older than swift actions. The way I would rule it working is that you can cast more than one quickened spell with your one swift action; alternately you may cast quickened spells after the first one as free actions which is almost the same thing.