PDA

View Full Version : (M&M) 'porting around

JBento
2010-09-26, 05:14 PM
Am I correct in my reading that you can't, in one turn, use the teleport power to 'port to A, do action, and then 'port to B?

The only thing that I can find that let's you do a 'port-action-'port routine is the Turnabout power feat, which only lets you return to your starting point.

The Rose Dragon
2010-09-26, 07:20 PM
If you use Extra Effort to get an extra action, you can use it between the teleports, since teleporting short distances is only a move action.

Otherwise, I'd say you're right.

The Dark Fiddler
2010-09-26, 07:46 PM
If you decrease the action the power takes, you should be able to as well.

The Rose Dragon
2010-09-26, 07:47 PM
If you decrease the action the power takes, you should be able to as well.

Steve Kenson disapproves of your reaction Teleports. :smallannoyed:

The Dark Fiddler
2010-09-26, 08:00 PM
Steve Kenson disapproves of your reaction Teleports. :smallannoyed:

I didn't say he wouldn't get the book thrown at him, I was just mentioning it as a possibility.

BladeSingerXIV
2010-09-26, 09:12 PM
Actually, if I'm not mistaken, under the extra description in either the PHB or Ultimate Power it mentions that movement powers always take a move action to do and aren't eligible for that particular extra.

The Dark Fiddler
2010-09-26, 09:21 PM
Actually, if I'm not mistaken, under the extra description in either the PHB or Ultimate Power it mentions that movement powers always take a move action to do and aren't eligible for that particular extra.

Hmm... probably should have checked my book. If that's the case, ignore my suggestion.

JBento
2010-09-27, 05:00 AM
None of those will work, unfortunately:

As BladeSinger pointed out, Move effect powers can't have their actions reduced, and you can only use the Extra Effort action before or after your normal actions, as pointed out in pg120 :smallfrown:

Benly
2010-09-27, 05:12 AM
Is there any reason the Move-By Action feat doesn't work? "When taking a standard action and a move action you can move both before and after your standard action, provided the total distance isn't greater than your movement speed." Teleport is unconventional movement but it's a move action with a defined maximum distance per round, so it seems like it would apply here.

JBento
2010-09-27, 06:09 AM
So I would think, and that was my original idea - except that the Teleport power has a power feat, the aforementioned Turnabout, (that does 'port-act-return to start instead of what I'm looking for, which is 'port-act-rest of 'port distance) which explictly says that it
is Teleport's version of the Move-By Action feat.

JBento
2010-09-27, 07:32 AM
D'oh! OF COURSE Extra Effort works - just not in the way RoseDragon said.

Just use the Move action to 'port, then the Standard to act, and then Extra Effort for a Move action to 'port again. Seems obvious, now that I think of it :smallredface:

Of course, not having to use Extra Effort would be ideal, so if someone knows of a way, do tell :smallsmile: