PDA

View Full Version : {Nexus} NO VIII: The season of what was to be.

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Lex-Kat
2010-09-26, 09:26 PM
NO
NEUTRALIST ORGANIZATION

In the northern reaches of the Nexus, there's a base, located under a high mountain. Recently, it has been claimed by the Neutralist Organization, a band of mercenaries.
Neutralist Organization is a group which purpose is to be the neutral force. It's a congregation of mercenaries who solve problems and do dirty work for anyone who pays, regardless of their moral and social standing. Their only rule is: no assasinations. NO can't be hired to murder anyone, as it'd quickly lead to the group being persecuted and vilified.
NO accepts anyone who is skilled and competent and who doesn't have any strong loyalties or vester interest in any of the various groups of the Nexus.

OOC Rules:
1. No godmodding.
2. No destroying the whole place. No, not even then.
3. Keep the curtains to a reasonable amount. No curtain has ever been drawn in NO, but better safe than sorry.

The base consists of several buildings located in the cold regions of the Nexus. It tends to snow a lot. It resembles an arctic base somewhat, but is much more friendly and hospitable.
Layout:
One central bulilding, containing the common room, the kitchen, the infirmary, the armory and the tunnel entrance. Four smaller buldings connected to the main one by roofed corridors: One for sleeping quarters, one for the laboratories, one for the training area and one for storage. Also, there are considerably large beast pens also connected with the main building.

There's an extensive cave and tunnel network is located under the base and the mountail behind it and some tunnels go forth to key Nexus locations. Bothe are accessed through the main building. There's a separate door for the complex and the tunnels.

Map:
http://i431.photobucket.com/albums/qq40/happyturtle-avs/no-base2.png

Defenses:
Defenses:
1. Thick doors and walls, of course.
2. Clockwork penguins who, while not threatening are numerous and obey NO members.
3. Turrets set up by TSA-1.
4. A potent fireball want placed in the main room to be used in emergency.
5. Armory full of weaponry looted from the catpeople.

List of members:
Nameless(Founder, Leader)
Dipsnig Razortooth(Acting Leader)
Vincent
Haley
Cornelius Blanc
Ordo
TSA-1
Roxie & Pets
Damon
Tiberius
Caroline
((Links forthcoming))

Recruitment form:
Application form for would-be members:
Name:
Race:
Profession:
Reason for joining:
Possible services offered to would-be employers:

((OP still under construction. Stuff will be changed and added.))

Lex-Kat
2010-09-26, 09:29 PM
Previous threads
NO (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88675)
NO II: II ON (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95149)
NO III: New. And Improved (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103718)
NO IV: Not Too Good To Be Bad (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117696)
NO V: Ember (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133220)
NO VI: Disconnect Imminent (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144109)
NO VII: Beware the Penguins (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=164080)
NO VIII: The season of what was to be. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=168972)

Trobby
2010-09-26, 10:21 PM
And for the first time, Katie feels the slightly disorienting sensation of being pulled into a new thread.

For those of you who don't know what it feels like (which I imagine is most of you), it's a bit like the whole world is orange, and then suddenly it's purple, then orange again. Only it happens all over so it's more of a feeling than a thing that appears different.

So really, it can't be described at all.

Trying to get her mind off of indescribable feelings, Katie tried to remind herself of what was going on. Let's see, that girl...she was complaining about...something involving onions? And Ordo...Oh! Poor Ordo's arm! It was rapidly transforming and neither she nor Raz had any idea how to help him. She'd asked Dipsnig if there was anything they could do, but Ordo said that he could handle it on his own.

So much for a quiet picnic lunch with Raz like she'd planned. At this rate, she'd have to take a quick something so she could get back to work. She was getting paid after all...

...Was she? That had never actually come up...she made a mental note of that, and this, and other things that entered her head while the rest of the world carried on around her.

*Contemplating Navel Time*

Morty
2010-09-27, 09:07 AM
Dipsnig shakes his head. Yeah, Ordo, we're definetly going to have to do something about it. In-between finishing the deal with the sword, double-crossing Jack Empty while still fulfilling his contract while we can and stalking KR for that crazy elf. And by the way, how is looking for that big guy going?

nanobot_swarm
2010-09-27, 03:07 PM
The TSA-1 scuttles over to Dipsnig with a question on its screen:
I have been informed that I am a likely candidate for the mission to engage espionage on a female named KR. May I have more detailed information on this mission?

Morty
2010-09-27, 03:09 PM
It's pretty simple, TSA-1. We're supposed to retrieve personal information - especially about her preferences in the way of clothing, food and entertainment - items, preferrably items of clothing, and, finally, pictures. Once again, Dipsnig manages to hide the disgust and irritation.

nanobot_swarm
2010-09-27, 03:26 PM
New message:
That does not sound difficult, however it is unlikely that I myself can actually engage in the spy operation, as I am too noticable of an object to remain undetected, I was not designed with stealth in mind. However, perhaps I can design a system capable of spying on this KR, that will ensure we would not be implicated should it be discovered. Would you like to read more? [Y/N]

Morty
2010-09-27, 03:38 PM
Yeah, go on. Dipsnig has a feeling it won't, in fact, be easy. Nothing ever is.

Project_Mayhem
2010-09-27, 04:22 PM
Still looking at Ordo, Raz says

Is there anything I can do to help then?

Murkus
2010-09-27, 04:24 PM
Dipsnig shakes his head. Yeah, Ordo, we're definetly going to have to do something about it. In-between finishing the deal with the sword, double-crossing Jack Empty while still fulfilling his contract while we can and stalking KR for that crazy elf. And by the way, how is looking for that big guy going?

Eyes still locked on his arm, Ordo points towards Gaius' body. The corpse is currently stinking up the main room, just laying on the floor. "Found him. Just need to call his brother."

"And, no. Thanks anyway, but I can fix this. We already had some psion from GLoG poke around in my head. She got rid of one thing, but I'm worried she triggered another."

Morty
2010-09-27, 04:33 PM
Eyes still locked on his arm, Ordo points towards Gaius' body. The corpse is currently stinking up the main room, just laying on the floor. "Found him. Just need to call his brother."

The corpse was most likely conserved by deadtime. Hm. Alright. The contract didn't mention anything about his state, after all. I'll call that guy.

Murkus
2010-09-27, 04:39 PM
Ordo grimaces as his arm becomes a mass of eyes and tentacles. Before shifting again, naturally.

"You may not want to mention that Vincent killed him. Apparently, Big Blue over there was tearing up the Taverna, and then chased Vincent halfway across the Nexus before they came to blows."

Trobby
2010-09-27, 04:42 PM
"...Is there...anything I ought to be doing?" Katie asked Dipsnig, and thankfully had not noticed said corpse in the room, or she may have gone very slightly sick.

Project_Mayhem
2010-09-27, 04:44 PM
Raz listens too, acutely aware he hasn't actually done anything since they employed him.

Morty
2010-09-27, 04:48 PM
Dipsnig waves his hand in response to Ordo. Trying not to look at the psion's hand. Will do. Sounds like he had it coming anyway.
To Katie, he says: Well, all the contracts I mentioned are still on. Getting the sword back, spying on KR and double-crossing Jack. The last one is going to be complicated, of course. As for the sword... hmmm. Dipsnig seems to be struck by an idea. If the sword is broken as we've been told, do you think you two could fix it?

nanobot_swarm
2010-09-27, 05:08 PM
New Message:
Very well. The plan would involve the construction of an AI controlled drone deployed into the Watchtower to spy on this KR. It would record her every move and the like, and once every hour it would send out an encrypted transmission to one of three or more uplinks placed strategically in locations that would shift the blame to another group should they be discovered. The uplinks would act as the middle-man, and send another encrypted transmission containing the data from the original, to an uplink installed on or near our headquarters. The drone would require in built stealth systems, and the quietus anti-gravity system available. The uplinks would be a bit trickier to place, though a solution could easily be concocted.

Project_Mayhem
2010-09-27, 05:24 PM
(was you two directed at Raz too? :smalltongue:)

Morty
2010-09-27, 05:28 PM
New Message:
Very well. The plan would involve the construction of an AI controlled drone deployed into the Watchtower to spy on this KR. It would record her every move and the like, and once every hour it would send out an encrypted transmission to one of three or more uplinks placed strategically in locations that would shift the blame to another group should they be discovered. The uplinks would act as the middle-man, and send another encrypted transmission containing the data from the original, to an uplink installed on or near our headquarters. The drone would require in built stealth systems, and the quietus anti-gravity system available. The uplinks would be a bit trickier to place, though a solution could easily be concocted.

Hm. Sounds like a plan, I guess. I'm not very experienced with high-end technology like that, but if you think it'll work... even if they do start suspecting something, it's not like we're after anything actually valuable.

(was you two directed at Raz too? :smalltongue:)

((Yes. Dipsnig directed it at Raz and Katie.))

Project_Mayhem
2010-09-27, 05:32 PM
Raz shrugs

I can have a butchers at the magic on it. Might be able to work something out. I've got some contacts who I trust intimately who might be able to fix it magically. If not, Katie should be able to do it - she just reverse engineered tech 500 odd years ahead oh her civilisation

Trobby
2010-09-27, 05:36 PM
Katie beamed a little at what she considered to be a compliment.

"I might need a little help with keeping the magic together, but I could definitely fix it at least. I've had experience with mending magic swords before."

Morty
2010-09-27, 05:39 PM
Good. That's one problem out of the way. Even if the sword's too broken for our client's liking, we won't have to argue with the bastard in order to get paid. Of course, we'll have to get it first, and it's not getting any easier. He snorts. We have the dagger as a bargaining chip, but they still want proof our client won't blow up the world.

Project_Mayhem
2010-09-27, 05:41 PM
Well it was - she just made a seemingly functional gun barrel with a medieval blacksmiths forge.

I can pocket realm the dagger while we negotiate, so there's no way for them to just kick our asses and take it if you want

Morty
2010-09-27, 05:54 PM
Good idea... you never know what they can come up with. I wouldn't put beating and robbing people "for the greater good" past them.
((Deadtime.))

Trobby
2010-09-27, 06:54 PM
Well, she wasn't lying when she said she had dwarven craftsmanship.

What she had failed to mention is that she ALSO had the skill of a Gnomish tinkerer.

She tried to keep up with the debate going on, but they were talking about groups she wasn't familiar with, so instead she listened, hoping to catch enough information from their discussion to be able to help.

Project_Mayhem
2010-09-27, 07:01 PM
Raz reads her expression and helps her out

'We got hired to get a flaming sword back for this admiral guy. An org called Watchtower have it, broken, but won't give it to us cause they don't trust the admiral, and think he's gonna destroy the world. We've got an evil dagger thing that they'll want to keep safe that we can probably trade for it. Unfortunately, their boss is a member of the berkly hunt, if you get my meaning, so he might be trouble

Trobby
2010-09-27, 08:05 PM
"I...don't quite catch your meaning, but that does sound complicated." Katie's mouth twisted a little, as she tried to piece together that situation.

A thought stuck out, brighter than any other she could think of.

"Do you think he really would destroy the world?"

Murkus
2010-09-27, 08:06 PM
Ordo calms, for the most part, and starts to focus. His arm slowly begins to stop morphing. If anything, moving slower only causes it to seem more disgusting.

Morty
2010-09-28, 09:32 AM
"I...don't quite catch your meaning, but that does sound complicated." Katie's mouth twisted a little, as she tried to piece together that situation.

A thought stuck out, brighter than any other she could think of.

"Do you think he really would destroy the world?"

Honestly? No. Which isn't to say he'll never try something, but I doubt it'd be apocalyptic.

Trobby
2010-09-28, 09:38 AM
"Ah, I see." ~The sort of man who has too much invested in the world to want it gone~ She thought to herself.

"Unfortunately, I'm not much of a diplomat, so I don't think I'll be very much help there. But, assuming we have the pieces of the sword, I can do my best to try to repair it."

Morty
2010-09-28, 09:43 AM
We know the sword is "broken". We have no idea what exactly is wrong with it. It might be in pieces or the magic effects may be malfunctioning. We'll have to find out about it when I take the dagger to them and start another round of negotiations. He sighs and rolls his eyes. He's obviously not thrilled about the prospect.

Project_Mayhem
2010-09-28, 10:34 AM
Raz nods

Have you sorted that meeting out yet then?

Morty
2010-09-28, 11:38 AM
Dipsnig shrugs. I don't have any specific timetable. I'll drop by when I have a moment to spare.

Project_Mayhem
2010-09-28, 11:41 AM
'Cool. Well, keep me informed if you want an escape route. Your small enough to 'port with'

For the record, Raz can teleport up to about Katies size. Convieniently.

Morty
2010-09-28, 11:45 AM
Hopefully it won't come to that. But thanks anyway. He doesn't like being reminded that he's smaller than just about everyone else, but he deals with it. Maybe I'll manage to talk to someone other than DC... apart from him, I know that this KR and some scarred human are important there, but the latter is unlikely to do the talking. If only because he's played by the same player.

Project_Mayhem
2010-09-28, 01:38 PM
Raz nods

In that case I might have that lunch while I wait then. Katie?

Murkus
2010-09-28, 01:40 PM
"I'll be happy to come along if you need some protection, Dipsnig." Ordo says, eyes still closed as he slowly puts his arm back together. "Never know if those wacky WATCHmen will try to pull something."

Project_Mayhem
2010-09-28, 01:42 PM
Yeah, we could be like your heavies.

He smirks

Do we know how badass DC and co are? Reckon you could kick his ass?

Murkus
2010-09-28, 01:51 PM
Ordo smirks a bit too as his arm finally coalesces. It looks just a bit too large and swollen for a moment before finally returning to normal. "Ah, success!"

"As for Watchtower, I honestly don't have a clue. The way Dipsnig talks about em', they gotta be some level of dangerous." He glances at Raz, flexing his fingers. "As for DC, he's at least got some telekinetic shields going. Maybe telepathy too, they way he spoke to me. But I got powers to deal with that sort of psychic."

Project_Mayhem
2010-09-28, 02:05 PM
Raz shrugs

If you can lock him down, I can fill the wanker full of tranq. Or horrendously agonising poison

Without missing a beat, he adds to Dipsnig

Joking. We won't pick fights

Murkus
2010-09-28, 02:06 PM
"Poison. Definitely poison." Ordo snickers a bit at Raz. "And you might not, Razzy, but I'm not exactly a pacifist if you haven't noticed."

Dipsnig should get the idea he's kidding too. Hopefully.

Trobby
2010-09-28, 02:36 PM
"I could go too, actually. Though I would like to have some lunch first if that's alright. I'm not much of a negotiator, but it might help to have more people with you."

((Incidentally, does that teleport limit INCLUDE her hidden armor and equipment?)

Project_Mayhem
2010-09-28, 02:39 PM
((Pushing himself, yes. Its easier when shes not got it though.))

Cool! Wanna come to the beach then?

He offers her his hand

Trobby
2010-09-28, 03:01 PM
"Er...eheh...I guess so?" Katie did her best not to look towards Dipsnig for approval. She knew he probably wouldn't approve. They had business to do after all...

But it had been SO long since she had time to really relax...

"Okay, sure." She smiled, taking his hand.

Morty
2010-09-28, 03:30 PM
Dipsnig waves his hand in a vague gesture of approval. You can go. Ordo and I can talk plans. Besides, there's not much to plan at this point. We'll just have to go there and do our best. Also, it'll be good for their morale.

Murkus
2010-09-28, 04:00 PM
"You know, Dipsnig, we can plan things at the beach." Ordo looks at him hopefully. "Christ, I haven't been to the coast in forever."

Morty
2010-09-28, 04:03 PM
Dipsnig shifts uncomfortably. Well, if all of you want to... I suppose Viima and I can manage.

Murkus
2010-09-28, 04:07 PM
He leans over the couch, grinning at Dipsnig. "Is there some Goblin thing that prevents you from being in the sun too long? C'mon, man. We could all use a break before we have to go deal with the self-righteousness patrol."

Morty
2010-09-28, 04:10 PM
Dipsnig rolls his eyes. We've been living underground for the last two thousand years. You know, in dark, cool, moist caves. Do the math. But alright. I'll go along.
Viima seems to be able to tell something is happening and she's walking around, sniffing at everyone.

Murkus
2010-09-28, 04:16 PM
Ordo pats Viima, smiling, and goes to change into some swim trunks.

A moment later, he pops his head out of his room. "How're we gonna get there, anyways?"

Morty
2010-09-28, 04:23 PM
Raz will open a portal, I think. Dipsnig also heads to his room to change... however, since he's never been to a beach and goblins in general are loathe to wear too revealing clothing, he doesn't have much in regard to beach outfits.

Murkus
2010-09-28, 04:29 PM
Ordo swaggers out of his room a moment later, pretty much the same except for the bubble-covered swim-shorts.

The psion also carries a towel over his shoulder.

Project_Mayhem
2010-09-28, 04:43 PM
Raz was going to teleport himself and Katie, hence the hand taking, but he takes the increased interest in his excursion in his stride. He leads the party to his pocket Realm, via a portal in the wall. Description reposted from earlier:

They are in a smallish chamber, with a desk, PC, and bookshelves full of old looking tomes. The floor and walls are ... ill defined, like their only sort of there. There are currently two curtains* covering two portals on different walls. The light in the room comes from a large portal on one wall, the other side of which is looking out onto a tropical sea, with a sandy beach.

The transition was most likely jarring, and seemed like a sudden weird optical illusion. It has been established that Raz's magic causes minor headaches

*regular curtains. Not 'curtains down' curtains. Although one is a curtain to Raz's bedroom.

He mutters some words, and suddenly the smell and sounds of the beach come through

(Dunno where we should take this. Outside? We're technically about to go to an island in the carribean)

Murkus
2010-09-28, 04:45 PM
Ordo comes along.

(yeah, I suppose.)

Project_Mayhem
2010-09-28, 04:46 PM
((Done :smallbiggrin:))

Project_Mayhem
2010-09-28, 04:49 PM
Scrap that - using the home thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=164753&page=15) for all of Raz's pocket realm stuff

Trobby
2010-09-28, 05:18 PM
Katie, with her mun trailing behind the others, departs for the beach... (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=164753&page=15)

Maxios
2010-09-28, 06:00 PM
Sorry to interupt, but we've (as in me and MethosH) started a Nexus webcomic, and we'd like some info about NO when they appear in it. Also, info on the Nexus itself would be much appreciated.
If you PM me, your character will also appear in the comic.

nanobot_swarm
2010-09-28, 06:41 PM
With the others gone, the TSA-1 goes down to the labs and begins to contsruct the spy system it devised with the help of the clockwork penguins. It's starting with the uplinks, four total, and will likely have a couple working by the time the others get back.

Project_Mayhem
2010-09-28, 06:43 PM
((Awwww, the TSA 1 is invited too))

Project_Mayhem
2010-09-30, 06:57 PM
The 4 NO members should arrive back in the base from Raz's room.

Raz certainly does.

Trobby
2010-09-30, 07:10 PM
Katie certainly does too, still clad in the bathing suit she had borrowed from him. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=169829&page=2)

"Ah...I think I'm finally getting used to that." Katie smiled, as she came through the portal, and started to shiver a bit. "I'd better get back into some warmer clothes though."

Murkus
2010-09-30, 08:54 PM
Ordo stumbles back through, pulling off his shades and looking around. "That really is a convenient power."

The psion kicks off his sandals, straps on his stanky boots, and flops back on the couch. "What a day. You guys going to bed?"

He tries to make that sound as suggestive as possible, just to bother the shy girl. Maybe he throws in a wink too. :smalltongue:

Trobby
2010-09-30, 09:01 PM
Fortunately for Katie, her mun is not nearly as cruel, and she doesn't even notice any of the lewdness attached to his comment.

"I was thinking of spending a little more time in the forge first. There's a few things I need to clean up and organize that I didn't get around to before we left."

Murkus
2010-09-30, 09:04 PM
"Ah. So you're a smith, then?" He blinks, scratching his chin. "I thought that was a primarily male profession." He quickly adds, "No offense, or anything. I had just thought..." He trails off, afraid he'll say something to offend her. With his luck, she could be some sort of super-feminist.

Trobby
2010-09-30, 09:14 PM
"You know, you're the first person in this world to be surprised. I was actually expecting someone to ask about it sooner." Katie doesn't seem upset though. And she smiles for him.

"It's not even the third strangest thing about me though. But don't worry. I don't take offense to it. But it is my line of work, and I am dedicated to my craft."

Morty
2010-10-01, 07:21 AM
Dipsnig steps through the portal and goes to change into his usual leather armor and grey tunic. When he gets back, he says: If anyone needs me, I'll be at Trog's. I have to catch up on local news, and I might even run into the guy whose brother we found dead. He hops onto Viima's back and leaves.

Trobby
2010-10-01, 05:10 PM
Katie, feeling the itch to get back to work, heads back to her room and dons her blue clothes, before heading back to the forge...but instead of cleaning up, she decides she might as well get a few things done...and before she knows it, is hard at work yet again.

Poor girl's just a little TOO dedicated to her craft...

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-01, 06:04 PM
Raz comes out of his room dressed again. Presumably he was studying magic. Or napping. He looks around a bit for Dipsnig, and presumably fails to find him. He sticks his gead into the lad

Oh hey, Katie? Could you tell Dipsnig I'm out if he looks for me? Heading down the pub'

Trobby
2010-10-01, 07:15 PM
Katie, who is still hard at work at the forge, stops to look up at Raz, and looks around at her work...

She's managed now to replicate nearly every firearm on the table, save for the last few modern rifles that are towards the end. And she's made a few duplicates of specific parts for replication purposes.

She wipes her face a little, and smiles at him.

"Actually, do you mind if I tag along?"

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-01, 07:22 PM
Sure. Trog's?

Assuming that's fine, Raz takes her hand and ports to Trog's Tavern

Trobby
2010-10-01, 07:23 PM
"Sure, or anywhere you like. Just let me clean things up first..."

Soon as Katie's done cleaning up she will follow him to Trog's Tavern... (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=166922&page=46)

Murkus
2010-10-01, 09:56 PM
Ordo, watching people leave, stays a while. Doing little experiments with the arm that was acting abnormal earlier.

Not liking what he's found, the psion heads off to Trogs.

Morty
2010-10-02, 08:04 AM
Dipsnig returns to the base and goes looking for TSA-1 after noticing Katie and Raz are gone.

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-02, 06:31 PM
Raz appears in his room, presumably carrying the unconscious Katie. He puts her in his bed carefully, and sees if she's ok.

Edit: Assuming she is (which she should be I guess):

Raz 'ports a dartgun into his hand, and walks out into the main NO room. He jumps off the sofa onto the wall, bounces off, getting air, and launches himself into the top corner of the room. He then kicks off, launching himself very quickly downwards, and then vanishes.

Yay, parkour!

Trobby
2010-10-02, 10:02 PM
Having just come from Trog's Tavern, (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9470372#post9470372)and not being too picky about her resting spots, Katie falls asleep in Raz's bed.

...Actually, she doesn't seem to mind it at all...makes her feel a little more safe, in fact...:smallredface:

Er...but right...she rests in Raz's bed while he goes to pursue their assailant.

nanobot_swarm
2010-10-02, 10:57 PM
Dipsnig will find the TSA-1 in the labs, having finished two uplinks and currently assembling a third. It takes no notice of Dipsnig yet, focused completely on its work.

Shadowcaller
2010-10-03, 12:11 PM
A rather large humanoid creature with clear green reptilian, some would say draconian features opens the door to NO carefully, looking around "Hello? Is this NO by any chance?"

Trobby
2010-10-03, 12:21 PM
Katie is...

nowhere nearby, still fast asleep. Actually, it's probably a GOOD thing someone cast a sleep spell on her, because otherwise she would've forgotten to get any sleep at all.

We'll say she's been asleep for about 4 hours or so. Give her some time.

VampireRot
2010-10-03, 12:57 PM
A rather large humanoid creature with clear green reptilian, some would say draconian features opens the door to NO carefully, looking around "Hello? Is this NO by any chance?"

Seeing as how I haven't used it lately, the first "member" to notice it is Tweetums! The dinosaur chirps and sniffs at the reptilian humanoid. The Saurnoritholestes scoffs at the clearly underevolved creature and then boasts its avian dominance by shaking its magnificent feathers.

Shadowcaller
2010-10-03, 01:34 PM
The dragonborn smiles as he see Tweetums "Well hello there little guy, some nice plumage you have there, quite impressive, you must get a lot of females aren't you?"

VampireRot
2010-10-03, 01:46 PM
Tweetums chirps. Of course it does! All those... Erm... Wherever there are female Saurnoritholestes in the NEXUS, they're fawning after Tweetums. Of course. The dinosaur bobs its head and looks around for Dipsnig or Mummy or maybe Raz. Because it can't accept jobs or take messages or anything like that.

Morty
2010-10-03, 02:36 PM
Dipsnig undeadtimes, albeit it's not sure for how long. He heads to the door, seeing someone's there.

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-03, 04:41 PM
Raz walks in, nodding at Dipsnig as he passes. He walked, to calmdown adn sober up, which explains the time discrepancy

He goes to his room and checks on Katie

Trobby
2010-10-03, 04:46 PM
Poor girl is still sound asleep in his bed, and actually looks pretty peaceful in her sleep.

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-03, 04:50 PM
Well it's been like a day, and Raz wants to make sure she's ok, so he uses his mind to nudge her back into consciousness

Hey. You OK?

Trobby
2010-10-03, 05:11 PM
"nngh...." Was her reply, as her one eye opened and she rubbed it with her hand, she looked up at Raz, a sudden look of concern crossing her face as she looked his body over for marks of injuries.

"Wh-what happened?"

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-03, 05:18 PM
Raz holds Katie's hadn to reassure her

The guy tried to knock us out - he got you, but my shield saved me. When I went back I managed to knock him out. Gave him a friendly warning to back off Their probably still after me, but they'll probably think twice before bringing you into it.

He smiles at her

Trobby
2010-10-03, 05:21 PM
Katie held his hand tightly, reassured a bit...but still a little scared.

She looks up at him, focusing on him for a bit, a question nagging at the forefront of her mind.

"Why were they after you?"

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-03, 05:32 PM
Raz frowns.

They claim I owe them money. Which I don't. It was his healing spell that caused paradox and summoned that abyssal monster. They took the diamond I traded with them and still wanted the cash.

He pauses

I suppose I did shoot their gnome in the belly, but he tried to shoot me first. And I knew they could heal with magic

Trobby
2010-10-03, 05:39 PM
"Ah...so they ripped you off...that's not very sporting." Katie mused, feeling inclined to believe Raz when he tells her so.

Hmm...*rolls a knowledge check* Darn.

"So you were paying them with the diamond in the first place? And they're still after you? That does seem pretty unfair..."

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-03, 05:44 PM
((It's not *too* far from the truth. In any case Raz vehemently believes it))

Yeah, I was selling the diamond to them, they gave me the money. Everything went tits up, and when the dust cleared, they decided I had to pay them cause they broke their magical gear bashing something that was eating magic. Gits.

He shrugs

They even got half the money anyway - They hired Dipsnig to get the cash off me. We hit off and agreed that I'd give him half to give them so he idnt have to break his word

Trobby
2010-10-03, 05:47 PM
"And they're STILL after you? You'd think they'd let go of it after that." Katie grimaced a bit. "I guess it's something I'll have to get used to...do they usually try to knock you out?"

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-03, 05:53 PM
Thats the first time they've attacked me since. It'll be ok - they have to chant to cast, whereas I can cast at the speed of thought. If the worst comes to the worst I guess I'll have to pay them though

Raz looks displeased at that idea

Anyway, I'm certain that you'll be ok with me.

He smirks

As long as you don't get any taller. I can only just port you right now. The only problem is if they go after you alone ...

He thinks, and then nods

Take this.

He hands her a small Jade figurine. It's very worn, but has the appearance of what appears to be a naked woman with wings and a tail

Trobby
2010-10-03, 05:55 PM
"Mm...they're very unreasonable men...wish I could do something to help you get them off your back..."

Katie blinks, and takes the figurine..and blushes just a little at the shape of it.

"What...is this?"

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-03, 06:03 PM
It's a soulstone. If you grab it and concentrate, I'll come as soon as I can

Raz grins a bit at her reaction

I didn't choose the form when I made it. There's probably a metaphysical reason for why it looks like that. I had been negotiating with a goetic demon of lust beforehand I guess ...'

Trobby
2010-10-03, 06:17 PM
"...My former employer was a succubus...and I thought I had strange ties to the past." Katie grinned, tilting her head a little bit. Now that she was a little more relaxed, she was curious again.

"How well do you know this demoness?"

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-03, 06:32 PM
Raz looks a bit uneasy

'Well, pretty well. She's the manifestation of one of my vices. I sort of created her

He pauses

That probably needs better explanation. The Mastigos, that's my 'path' of magic, place a great deal of importance on defeating your personal demons. for us, that's literal. More experienced mages than me can summon them to the real world. I had to confront her in my dreamscape. Oh yeah. I basically have full lucid dreaming. It's cool.

Trobby
2010-10-03, 06:36 PM
"...I...see." Katie blinks, trying to take all of this in piece by piece.

"So...this is actually the personification...of your own lust?"

The thought turns her cheeks just a little crimson.

"Why...is it a reflection of you then? Is she...still...part of you?"

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-03, 06:50 PM
Raz gesticulates in a 'I'm not explaining this well' manner

OK. That soulstone your holding is a physically bound fragment of my soul. Making it was a bad idea in the first place, but its entirely safe now. Possessing it massively increases your magical sympathetic connection to me. It only has that form because ... I don't know why. I guess it was because of the confrontation wit the demon

It wouldn't be because you're an incredibly lustful person would it Raz?

The demon is still inside me, yeah. But that's normal. If I had more mind, I could draw out the demons of anyone's vices. In my dreamscape she's sometimes around though. Depends. Mostly only if I tried to draw her out.

Trobby
2010-10-03, 07:10 PM
"Oh...that sort of makes sense then." Katie nods. she figures if it's just the sort of inner demons people have, and it's still inside him, that's just natural.

...Right?

"I'm sorry, I was just a little confused. I'll keep this with me."

Katie holds onto the figure with both hands...and as a little test, she tries to send a little mental "Hi there!" to Raz.

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-03, 07:15 PM
He smirks

Yep, works. I wwon't be able to hear what your thinking or saying though. It's more like ... If there was a string tied between us, you giving it a tug.

He pauses

Obviously try your best not to lose that, cause it's important. I know you wont, but I just wanted to make it clear anyway.

Trobby
2010-10-03, 07:19 PM
"Hmm...I think I have just the thing for that."

Katie fishes into a little pouch by her bed, and pulls out a length of silver chain.

"I could probably turn this into a necklace. Would that work?"

Also, if it is too big for that to be feasible, disregard her suggestion, and assume she just put it somewhere safe.

"So...what if I need to know what's happening to you? Will it tell me if you're in trouble?"

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-03, 07:25 PM
((It's about 4 inches tall))

Raz shakes his head

Nah. f you were a mage, like my kind of mage, then yes, maybe. But you don't have the right mage sight

Trobby
2010-10-03, 07:32 PM
Katie frowns, and for the moment she tucks the chain and the trinket away in a safe pocket, to later and to not be shown on-screen, be forged into a necklace for her to wear.

"I'd really like to have some way of knowing, in case these guys get the drop on you and we need to come to your rescue."

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-03, 07:35 PM
Raz thinks for a second

I can always telepathically project to you. Via that 'string' yeah?. Although, if I can cast magic, I'd probably teleport away from danger anyway ... The problem is, to use the connection you have to be awakened. A mage that is

Trobby
2010-10-03, 07:41 PM
"Hmm...you know, before he passed away, dad said that he'd teach me how to use magic when I grew up."

"In retrospect, I probably should've told him sooner that humans mature at a much faster rate than gnomes do."

Katie smiled, but it was a bittersweet smile of a sad memory.

"I've never really had the time to learn magic...but I think I might be able to, if I gave it a try...I'd probably try to do it, if it meant I could help protect someone."

"Do you...do you think it'd be possible to teach me?"

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-03, 07:56 PM
((Is Katie still lying in Raz's bed, or did she get up?))

Raz thinks for a second

Hold on

He gets a pair of flashy ski goggles out, puts them on, and looks at her for a while.

... I don't know. My gut instinct is no, because your soul isn't awakened, but there is something going on there I'm not used too ... Long story short - millennia ago in my world, mages buggered everything up and broke reality, meaning barely anyone could become a mage. That never happened here. There's no abyssal taint in your soul. Our abyss, not the place with demons.

He takes the goggles off and looks at her

I could try and push an awakening. It's very rare, but it can happen by courting it. Near death experiences help you awake as a Moros, or death mage for example. Although, you can probably use activated imbued items, given your soul ...

He hands her the goggles.

Put these on

Trobby
2010-10-03, 08:00 PM
((She's sitting on his bed.))

Katie listens carefully to everything he's saying, finding some of it a little hard to follow, other parts sounding perfectly reasonable...

But she is startled at one particular part.

"N-near death experience? That...sounds bad...I'm not sure if I want to risk being near death...what do these goggles do?"

He'd better not say they do nothing, because she will not get that reference. :smalltongue:

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-03, 08:09 PM
Raz laughs.

These won't do that - these should let you see magic if I'm right. And its only some mages that have the death affinity. That's the Moros - they control Death and Matter, adn awaken in the underworld, where the dead go. I think. I'm Mastigos, so I know Space and Mind magic. Mastigos awakenings are in what is for all intents and purposes, hell. Those Goggles are enchanted with Prime, which is the arcana for controlling magic itself. Thats the speciality of the Obrimos - that and Forces. they awaken in the Aether. Which is apparently basically heaven. Gits. Then you've got Thyrsus, who control Life and Spirits, and awaken in the Primal Wild, and the Acanthis who control Fate and Time and awaken in Arcadia. where that Faeries are

He pauses

Sorry for the lecture. Yeah, those goggles will let you see magic, adn give you a massive headache probably, cause we're in an entirely magical room

Trobby
2010-10-03, 08:13 PM
Careful what you say about the Obrimos, Raz. Katie might awaken as one. :smalltongue:

"Well...okay then..." Katie nods,and very carefully tries putting the goggles on over her eyes.

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-03, 08:26 PM
((Probably not from just trying the goggles ... although its enough of a link that if you want it to happen, then cool. Awakening is a *massively* liife adn character changing event.))

OK. Katie can indeed see magic with the goggles on. Raz is swimming in it - Multicoloured wireframes with sparking colours arcing between them surround him all over. He also seems to have a blazing bright aura. The soul stone blazes with the same bright colour, and ... feels like Raz. Hard to tell how. (Lets think what else is in the room ...) If Katie looks at herself, in the mirror, she has an aura too, but it's much less bright.

There's also, and this is the headachey bit, loads and loads and loads of twists, swirls and other things Katie can't really process around the room. It feels like space has been patched and folded everywhere, and that the whole room is twisted out of millions of disjointed bits of space

Trobby
2010-10-03, 08:31 PM
THAT will definitely force her to take the goggles off.

"W-wow...that's...that's a lot of....wow..."

She is a little dizzy now, holding her head as she tries to steady herself.

((you'll have to explain it to me in detail before I decide whether or not Katie will be awakened in that way.))

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-03, 08:38 PM
((In short, awakening shoots your soul off to a realm of magic. You experience a unique and personal sort of vision quest that ends with your soul being permanently reforged. You are then a mage - very very loosely like a Dnd sorcerer on crack. PM if you wanna know more))

Raz laughs.

Well, cool. Atleast we know you can use awakened magic items if you need too

Trobby
2010-10-03, 09:05 PM
"Hmm...it is an interesting sort of thing...do you think I could keep this? Just in case it comes in handy?" She isn't sure how yet...a thing that lets you see magic auras could only really warn you if a very powerful mage were right in front of you...and they might suspect something if you suddenly put goggles on.

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-03, 09:12 PM
Raz smiles

I would, but I need it too. Like I said, that sight uses the Prime Arcanum. I can only cast Space, Mind, and Matter. I need that to spot magical defences more easily, and to make dispelling easier

He deadtimes too :p

Trobby
2010-10-03, 09:25 PM
"Ah...well, maybe some other day then." Katie chuckles, offering the goggles back to him.

She'll remain frozen in deadtime with him until he unfreezes to take them back.

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-04, 06:26 PM
Raz finally undeadtimes, and shrugs.

I can cast space sight on you myself if you need. Its ... like that, but more focused on spatial distortions

Trobby
2010-10-04, 06:31 PM
"It...does sound interesting..." Katie grins, her curiosity piqued. "What else can you do? How powerful is your magic? What are its limitations?"

Uh-oh...that's her curiosity piquing. Careful Raz, or she'll have a doctoral thesis on you!

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-04, 06:39 PM
Raz smirks, and swings onto the end of the bed by Katie's feet.

I'm what we call an adept in Space. That means I can do all but the most powerful manipulations. I can teleport, open Portals, scry, stretch and shrink space, create pocket realms, co-locate, stuff like that. Its pretty hard to completely list what I can do. The more powerful a mage is, the more they can do.

Trobby
2010-10-04, 06:44 PM
Katie had actually had her legs dangling off the side, but let's just say that Raz took the space up by the foot of the bed.

Katie, for her part, curls her legs up onto the bed and leans in a little, listening with interest.

"So you have quite a lot of ability when it comes to manipulating space? That sounds useful...does it put a tax on your body physically?"

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-04, 06:53 PM
Raz shakes his head

It's hard to cast if I'm distracted, and too much casting and concentration tires me out a bit. Sometimes they fizzle if I'm not on the ball However, I've learned rotes for my most common spells which means I can cast them more easily. I also use a path tool, which focuses my casting

He leans forward and pulls up his sleeve, showing a knotted string around his wrist

Back home, If I use vulgar, or obvious, magic, spells can paradox. which either hurts me, or causes the spell to go wild. That doesnt seem to happen here though

Pro tip; It may soon with PLOT

Trobby
2010-10-04, 07:13 PM
"Ah, I see...so that bit of knotted rope helps you focus your magic energy?"

Katie examines the rope very closely, leaning in to get a good look at it.

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-04, 07:15 PM
Raz extends his arm to show her better.

Yes. Its symbolic of Space, so I could do a short ritual to dedicate it. This ring is my matter tool.

He shows her a gold ring on his finger

Trobby
2010-10-04, 07:24 PM
"Ohh...fine craftsmanship." Katie says, taking his hand and examining the ring. "No flaws, a perfectly shaped piece of metalwork this...er..."

Katie suddenly realizes that she's let herself slip into blacksmith mode, and releases his hand.

"...Sorry...sometimes I just get a little too into things..."

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-04, 07:27 PM
Raz looks very amused as she examines it.

That's because it was never worked. The dude who taught me Matter created it from scratch. Not something I can do yet. Or probably ever. Matter is hard for the Mastigos. My limit is changeing liquids

Trobby
2010-10-04, 07:45 PM
"Oh...but...that's sort of cheating, isn't it? I mean, that's not even really craftwork at all. It's just taking metal and putting it on your finger. Not really working with the metal, toiling to shape it into just the right shape, fitting and refitting it to the proper size until it is just right, just perfect..."

It seems Katie is pretty passionate about the whole thing, and it's gotten her worked up, staring at the bit of metal around her finger.

"It should be a labor of love...you know?"

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-04, 07:52 PM
Raz tilts his head, interested.

But imagine your doing that with your mind. You still have to feel it and shape it. Turning water to wine - that's easy. Turning water to a damn good wine of a certain vintage - that took me years to learn. You still have to toil with mgic - it's just done here

And he taps his head

Trobby
2010-10-04, 08:09 PM
Ah...Katie's eyes sparkle a bit at the thought of being able to put a forge inside her mind.

It sparkles like a gemstone, and is followed by a creeping smile.

"It...it sounds wonderful..."

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-04, 08:15 PM
Raz grins some more and nods

Magic can be intoxicating. Check this out

He jumps up, and gets a glass of water. He dips his finger in it, and then suddenly throws it towards Katie. Just before it hits her it stops - the water is hovering frozen* in the air in a long streak from Raz's finger

*not icey frozen. Just hanging there

Trobby
2010-10-04, 08:24 PM
"Okay...?"

Katie follows his movement, and naturally jumps back when he throws the water at her...but is rather surprised to see it stop in mid-air.

And, doing the thing any curious human would do in this situation, she touches the mid-space water with her bare hand.

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-04, 08:29 PM
She can move her hand through it easily. It feels like regular water and leaves her hand damp.

Raz is grinning very happily

I dn't normally do this, cause it causes paradox at home, but here Its a lot safer ... I can shape it with my fingers!

He holds her outstretched arm still, and teases the water into the shape of a bracelet.

It wont move with you, but it's pretty cool

Trobby
2010-10-04, 08:33 PM
"....Ahehe..." Katie grins, and tilts her head.

"That's...wow...but..it's too bad I can't carry it with me." Katie thinks about it. "It's very interesting though...and this is just ordinary water?"

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-04, 08:36 PM
At the moment, yeah. I used the Matter arcanum to shape it. I can change the liquid too. Thats a bit more practical. I knew a guy who used to make napalm for vampires.

Raz seems almost childishly pleased with his Matter powers.

Trobby
2010-10-04, 08:42 PM
That's alright. Katie's a bit of a child at heart anyway, though she keeps it hidden pretty well.

The fact that she's opening up this much to Raz is a sign that she's really trusting him. :smalltongue:

"I think it's wonderful...it's certainly more than I can do with just water." Katie smiles, looking up at him. "And these are the little things you can do with magic, you say?"

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-04, 08:50 PM
This is about the limit of my Matter powers. I can make stuff see through too, which is cool, but less fancy.

He shrugs, smirking.

You won't be able to see my Mind Powers, cause their all subtle, and I'd worry about giving you a headache with Space. You should see my mentor's training room. messes my head up

Its the Escher 'Relativity' Room :D

He pauses

Oh wait, this is impressive. Hard though

He mutters a language, and suddenly there's two more of him in the room, all standing in different places, in the same pose, smirking slightly

Trobby
2010-10-04, 08:56 PM
Katie giggles a bit, musing about the ability to make things transparent....

No, not in that way. :smallyuk:

But she is curious about relativity and matter powers...and VERY curious about the sudden abundance of Raz in the room.

"Oh! My father could do something like that. He called it Mirror Imagery. He didn't do it often though...he was more about his craft than he was about magic."

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-04, 09:00 PM
The Razes grin

Ah, but these aren't illusions. All 3 are real. I'm projecting into several points of space at once.

Two of the Razes disappear, including the original. The remaining one jumps down on the bed again.

Only ones physical at anytime though. It's *really* useful for stealth.

Deadtime again though

Trobby
2010-10-04, 09:26 PM
"Ah!" Katie jumps as he suddenly appears next to him, but giggles in spite of herself.

"Heh...you're quite an interesting man, Raz. You know that?"

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-05, 06:37 AM
Raz Cheshire-Cat-grins

It's been hinted at, yes ...

He stretches and leans against the wall. Still on the bed - it's next to the wall.

Although your pretty darn interesting yourself. I still can't get over how quickly and ... accurately you reverse engineered all those guns

Trobby
2010-10-05, 08:43 AM
"Oh...Eheh...well, father always did teach me to work fast but efficiently." Katie smiled, feeling a touch prideful of her work thanks to Raz's ego-boosting compliment.

"Of course the very small parts were far more difficult to smelt, but fortunately I found a magnifying device, I think it was a jeweler's loupe originally, that helped me shape them properly. That, and I had very good models to work from, and you helped me with referencing the parts."

Of course, it WAS still an incredible pace for one person. For reference sake, let's say she managed to reconstruct eleven different weapons from various eras of gun development, had a few working models of the earlier forms of gunnery, and nearly all of the pieces finished for some of the later, more complex machine guns.

She hadn't gotten on to far more modernistic weapons though, or towards building ammunition or clip rounds yet.

"I'm...really glad you think it's impressive though...I was worried that I wouldn't be of any use to this organization as a blacksmith. I know that there are...more efficient ways to build things in this day and age. Right? So if you say what I've done is impressive then...I'm really grateful that you think of it that way."

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-05, 09:04 AM
Yeah, I'm pretty sure you will be useful. On my world, even with automated production lines, and Masters of Matter, its still very useful to have a skilled craftsman make something.

Raz picks up the dart gun and shows her

My mate Bart made this. He's a mage, but his craftwork is all mundane. Non magical I mean. Did it in his workshop with simple materials and ordinary tools. He's *really* useful to have around

It's ... very good workmanship.

Having a skilled dedicated smith means we can have anything we need custom built to a high level of quality.

Trobby
2010-10-05, 09:13 AM
Katie takes the dart gun, examining it from every angle, looking straight down the blow hole, her eye covering every surface of the weapon.

"He does fine work." She agreed, setting it down. "But it will take a bit more practice I think before my craftsmanship will be quite as good in terms of forging firearms. I've only just started yesterday, you know."

And truth be told, some of her early attempts at rifling were a bit...oblong. Larger than they should be, and she had to melt quite a few failed attempts down in the process of getting things right.

"With a bit more practice though, I'm sure I can get it down to an exactness."

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-05, 09:24 AM
He nods.

I have full confidence that you will

He pauses

Oh, I just remembered! I was going to get Bart to do this when I was in York last. Do you think oyu could make one of these ...

He pulls out a butterfly knife

... Able to store and deliver a dose of liquid in the blade? Might not always have the dartgun.

Trobby
2010-10-05, 09:44 AM
"Hmm..."

Katie frowns a bit.

"That might be a little more difficult. I'm not very good with glass work, so I'm not sure if I could make any sort of liquid containing device for you. I could maybe work out a breakable patch that could coat the blade at your discretion, but it would take a bit of working, and you'd have to get a new one every time you wanted to re-use it."

"A non-breaking one would be ideal...so I could see if I can't figure something out."

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-05, 09:55 AM
Raz nods

OK - I can change the consistency of the poison if thats a problem. In it's natural form, its a paste. On a simpler note, do you think you could forge a blade of better quality than this for a regular knife?

The butterfly knife is machine produced, but has been magically reinforced and strengthened. Not by much - enough to make it the equivalent of masterwork

Trobby
2010-10-05, 10:00 AM
Katie examined the blade carefully, looking down the length of it and the way in which it folds into the handle.

"Hm...I could definitely make something equivalent to this, but getting it much better would be difficult without any magical influence. I could probably work on this right away..."

Something in the back of Katie's mind tugs on her attention. She looks up and around, trying to find a window or a clock somewhere.

"...What time is it? How long have we been here?"

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-05, 10:02 AM
((As long as you want. Time is all odd in NEXUS. Several hours sounds reasonable))

Trobby
2010-10-05, 10:07 AM
((Let's say it's late in the morning.))

"Ah...crud, I didn't realize how long I'd slept."

Katie's gaze traveled back to Raz, looking apologetic.

"I'm sorry, but I should really get to work. We both should, probably. Dipsnig might be looking for us."

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-05, 10:12 AM
Raz smirks

Good call. Here's that book on modern tech I mentioned. Go learn :smalltongue:

He gets up, stretches, and looks around for Dipsnig

Trobby
2010-10-05, 10:15 AM
Katie pick up the book, and nods to him, smiling.

"I might be able to do something with this. Thanks."

Katie follows him out to the main area of NO, but heads straight for the Labs. Dedicated, that girl. I might have to make a plot clone for her if I'm going to have her do anything but work. :smalltongue:

Morty
2010-10-05, 11:04 AM
Dipsnig undeadtimes, finally, after his player's long battle with a wireless Internet connection.

Trobby
2010-10-05, 11:08 AM
Oh! Keen! On her way to the forge, Katie will wave to Dipsnig.

If he has anything he wants from her, he should get her attention now, before she heads for the forge...or I could make a plot clone if you'd like. <.<; I'm not against being totally absurd and having two of her in the same place. :smalltongue:

Morty
2010-10-05, 11:13 AM
Dipsnig waves back, but he doesn't really want anything from Katie right now. He's planning on going to WATCHTOWER again.

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-05, 11:50 AM
Raz sees him and walks over

Hey man. Need anything doing?

Morty
2010-10-05, 11:59 AM
Well, I was planning on going to WATCHTOWER for an another round of negotiations.
Viima sniffs at Raz's knees.

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-05, 12:05 PM
Raz nods, crossing his arms

Want me to come too? Give you an exit strategy?

Morty
2010-10-05, 12:13 PM
Yeah, you can come along. I can take care of myself, but you can't be too safe. Dipsnig stretches. Honestly, I miss a good scrap. I've been getting slow lately, just sitting around and administrating.

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-05, 12:17 PM
Raz smirks.

We could spar if you want later. Keep your hand in as it were. Heh.

Then he nods, and looks more serious.

Reckon I should bring weapons?

Morty
2010-10-05, 12:20 PM
Dipsnig rubs his chin, pondering it. Nah. It's supposed to be a peaceful meeting.

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-05, 12:24 PM
He shrugs.

Well, I can summon anything I need if it does kick off. Hold on - I'll shield you just in case

Unless Dipsnig stops him he mutters for a second and then nods.

Morty
2010-10-05, 12:26 PM
Right. Let's go. Dipsnig mounts Viima and leaves.

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-05, 12:29 PM
Raz follows

Morty
2010-10-08, 04:30 AM
Dipsnig returns to the NO HQ, in a rather grumpy(or grumpier) mood.

billtodamax
2010-10-08, 04:35 AM
Dipsnig will find Rebecca finally back at the base, her shoulder metallic, but aside from that just as she left it. Oh, she also has a circular tattoo surrounding the metal section.

Hey Dipsnig! She says, waving happily. Where is everyone? Sorry I was away for such a long time, apparently I was in a really bad shape. She says, grabbing a bowl and some cereal from the cupboard.

Morty
2010-10-08, 04:38 AM
Dipsnig brightens up. Well, at least one thing worked out alright.
Rebecca! It's good to have you back. Everyone's out and about on business. We just got back from WATCHTOWER and some rather futile negotiations.

billtodamax
2010-10-08, 04:41 AM
Yeah? Why, what do they want? She asks, holding up the cereal questioningly, while filling her bowl with milk. They all seemed okay to me.

Morty
2010-10-08, 04:44 AM
It crossed Dipsnig's mind to have Rebecca do something while she was in WATCHTOWER - either about the sword or KR - but he decided he really shouldn't bother her while she's recovering.
It's more about what we want. We need to get a sword from them, but they're reluctant to give it away, to say the least. We've got something they want to trade the sword for though, so now they'll at least consider our proposal.

billtodamax
2010-10-08, 04:48 AM
That's good, at least. Rebecca says. That the only contract we have going? She asks, expectant.

Like they'd have more than one contract at a time!

Morty
2010-10-08, 04:51 AM
No. We also have a contract to... Dipsnig grimaces. Spy on a woman in WATCHTOWER by the name of KR. If we succeed, we can expect a bigger job to arrive. Futhermore, there's still that guy who needs putting down... I'd have given it up, since he's unkillable, but he came to us and gave us a contract himself - we're supposed to protect someone's daughter from harm for whatever reason... and it might be an opportunity to get a drop on him.

billtodamax
2010-10-08, 04:54 AM
Okay, they were supposed to spy on someone, Rebecca doesn't see why that would cause Dipsnig to grimace.

You're good at spying, you handling it?

((Has Dipsnig already asked Rebecca to dimension lock the base yet?))

Morty
2010-10-08, 04:59 AM
Maybe. TSA-1, the thinking computer, is working on something himself, though. Dipsnig is silent for a while, then snaps his fingers. Ah, right. Since you developed some dimension-locking spells, could you apply them to the whole base so people can't just pop in?
Meanwhile, Viima, Dipsnig's large, silver-and-black female wolf mount, sniffs at Rebecca friendlily.
((No, not yet. Thanks for reminding me.))

billtodamax
2010-10-08, 05:02 AM
Yeah, sure I can. Oh, yeah got a wolf! She exclaims in surprise. She leans down to give the wolf scritches. It's adorable! Is it a girl or a boy?

((deadtime))

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-08, 06:39 AM
Raz, who teleported ahead, walks in from his room at this point.

Dimensional Lock? Is that going to mess with my space stuff?

((Raz's teleporting works by simply knowing that space is all relative, and stepping from one point to any other point. It is very much not DnD 'porting))

happyturtle
2010-10-08, 06:44 AM
((Dimension lock is usually interpreted in the Nexus to mean 'prevents all non-normal-space transit, whether magical or technological in origin'.))

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-08, 07:05 AM
((Pah you guys with your inferior knowledge of how the universe works are the odd ones, Raz is normal ... Ok, fine :smalltongue:

Nice avatar choice!))

Trobby
2010-10-08, 09:29 AM
((Pah you guys with your inferior knowledge of how the universe works are the odd ones, Raz is normal ... Ok, fine :smalltongue:

Nice avatar choice!))

((Your insistence towards specifying the exact nature of how one is prevented from traveling at high speeds suggests one who attempts to bend the rules by finding their exact boundaries and pressing at the weakest point.

Not that there's anything wrong with that. :smalltongue: But it would probably mean you would have to teleport OUTSIDE the base from now on, as you would go to "step" into the HQ, and find yourself blocked before you could make it the whole way.))

As long as everyone is waking up in NO headquarters, let's throw Katie into the mix!

She's...quite tired, actually. And her eyes are only half-open as she wanders into the NO Kitchen wearing a conservative night gown, covering her mouth as she yawns.

"Mornin' everyone."

She goes to grab herself something for breakfast, and turns her head as she pulls out a cereal box, noticing Rebecca.

"Oh. I ah, don't think we've been introduced yet, have we?"

Morty
2010-10-08, 10:46 AM
Yeah, sure I can. Oh, yeah got a wolf! She exclaims in surprise. She leans down to give the wolf scritches. It's adorable! Is it a girl or a boy?

((deadtime))

Viima accepts the skritches and plops down at Rebecca's feet.
It's a she. Her name's Viima. And hi Katie. Have you been up all night working again?

Trobby
2010-10-08, 10:56 AM
"...Not ALL night..." She says sheepishly, though actually a snippet of it was spent taking a break at the Black Dragon's Den. Won't go into details about that one until Raz addresses her though...

Instead, she decides to scratch Viima behind the ear.

Morty
2010-10-08, 11:02 AM
Dipsnig rolls his eyes. He's reminded of his cousing Plagnuk who used to do the same. Right. Well, don't overwork yourself, will you?
Viima happily accepts the scratching. Despite owner's adamant claims she's not a dog, she's behaving rather dog-like.

Trobby
2010-10-08, 11:09 AM
That's because she's not a dog, but smart enough to know that you can enjoy the same treatment if you're friendly enough. :smallsmile:

Katie nods, ducking her head a little.

"I've been trying to work with glass so that I can help Raz develop a type of blade that can automatically coat itself with the sort of toxins he uses for his assignments...though not with much success."

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-08, 11:17 AM
((Your insistence towards specifying the exact nature of how one is prevented from traveling at high speeds suggests one who attempts to bend the rules by finding their exact boundaries and pressing at the weakest point.

Not that there's anything wrong with that. :smalltongue: But it would probably mean you would have to teleport OUTSIDE the base from now on, as you would go to "step" into the HQ, and find yourself blocked before you could make it the whole way.))

As long as everyone is waking up in NO headquarters, let's throw Katie into the mix!

She's...quite tired, actually. And her eyes are only half-open as she wanders into the NO Kitchen wearing a conservative night gown, covering her mouth as she yawns.

"Mornin' everyone."

She goes to grab herself something for breakfast, and turns her head as she pulls out a cereal box, noticing Rebecca.

"Oh. I ah, don't think we've been introduced yet, have we?"

((Noo. The phrase dimensional lock suggested it might block specific things. i was just inquiring as to whether Raz thing was one :smallbiggrin:

Second paragraph is kind of right - Raz would just be unable to find a connection between the two points.

More questions - is internal teleporting possible? From one room to another. Or internal space manipulation of any kind ... Such as Raz's shields))

Raz smiles at Katie as she comes in

Hey Katie!

He frowns slightly at the last sentence

What is it about glass you need? I can make substances transparent or opaque if that helps.

Trobby
2010-10-08, 11:23 AM
"Mostly it's just more convenient for storing the substance, Raz. I suppose I could make it out of a thin metal, but that might overheat or corrode."

Ah, and she has something else to say too.

"Um...by the way...the other night, I went out to a new bar for a drink...you weren't around, so I went by myself, and I think I saw one of the men from that organization that is after you. He didn't attack me, but...he was there."

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-08, 11:27 AM
Raz frowns more deeply, then looks concerned and comes up to her

Which bar. Are you ok?

Morty
2010-10-08, 11:27 AM
Dipsnig snorts upon hearing that. What, the demon cultists? Persistent bastards, aren't they. We're going to have to convince them to cut it out. One or two crossbow bolts in someone's back should do the trick.

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-08, 11:29 AM
Raz turns his head towards Dipsnig for a moment

If their just after me I can deal with them. Its only a problem if they bring you guys in as well

Morty
2010-10-08, 11:38 AM
Yeah, well, I take offense when someone is stalking one of my members after his debt, such as it was, was settled. Dipsnig scowls.

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-08, 11:45 AM
Raz shrugs

Well, I appreciate the offer. I'm just worrying about making the rest of you guys targets. If one of us gets pounced in a bar, by a few of them, it might not go well. I've been dodging negative attention since I was 5

Morty
2010-10-08, 11:46 AM
No offense Raz, but you underestimate us. I can handle a couple demon-worshipping shovelheads.

Trobby
2010-10-08, 12:02 PM
Raz frowns more deeply, then looks concerned and comes up to her

Which bar. Are you ok?

"Er...I think it was called the Dragon's Den. And yes, I'm fine."

Someone should probably let her know about that place. <.<;

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-08, 12:28 PM
Raz nods at MortyDipsnig and smiles.

Fair does then, thanks. Its nice to have people covering your back :smallsmile:

He looks back at Katie, and seems concerned

Yeah, that place. That's where the fight with them happened in the first place. Got a bit of a dodge rep to honest. Was the guy a gnome?

Trobby
2010-10-08, 12:36 PM
"Er...yes, actually...although I didn't actually get into a fight with him..."

Dodgy? But that's where she met Angie! :smalleek:

Morty
2010-10-08, 12:37 PM
Dipsnig, who would be most likely very confused by being called Morty, nods.
Yeah, the Black Dragon's Den is a meeting place for rather seedy characters. Which is why I like it.

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-08, 12:39 PM
Yeah, the gnome was the guy I shot. Guess they healed him. He might think twice before throwing knives at people next time

He muses for a moment

Well its good he didn't start anything. They might have heeded my warning

Trobby
2010-10-08, 12:43 PM
"Maybe...we also kind of left in a bit of a hurry, so he might have not had a chance." Katie shifts her glance down to Viima, the only one not trying to get info out of her. Not that she minds helping, just that she's a little uncomfortable with talking about the predicament she almost got herself in.

"Is it really that bad? I mean...I saw the leader of HALO in there...at least she said she was...her name was Angie, and she had blond hair. She was a bit thin..."

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-08, 12:50 PM
Seeing her expression, Raz touches her arm reassuringly

Its Ok, don't worry.

Morty
2010-10-08, 12:52 PM
Dipsnig rolls his eyes. Raz's advances were really kinda obvious. I don't know much about HALO or their leader. But there's no reason she wouldn't visit a seedy bar.

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-08, 12:55 PM
Everything about Raz is obvious :smalltongue: You should see his soul stone.

On which note - is Katie wearing that now? Raz should be able to pick it out even under clothes, as its a) very magic, b) part of his soul, and c) he makes a living stealing from people

Trobby
2010-10-08, 01:16 PM
Seeing her expression, Raz touches her arm reassuringly

Its Ok, don't worry.

Dipsnig rolls his eyes. Raz's advances were really kinda obvious. I don't know much about HALO or their leader. But there's no reason she wouldn't visit a seedy bar.

"Th-they're bad people?" Katie's eyes went a little wide. She thought that it stood for Heroic Anti-Lawbreaking Organization! At least, that's what she had gleaned from a little knowledge of the Nexus.

She didn't know about any...other reputation it might have.

Everything about Raz is obvious :smalltongue: You should see his soul stone.

On which note - is Katie wearing that now? Raz should be able to pick it out even under clothes, as its a) very magic, b) part of his soul, and c) he makes a living stealing from people

She is, actually. She's wearing it on a necklace. She apparently slept with it on so that she wouldn't have any troubles getting to sleep.

:smallredface: There's a good chance that Raz has found a very easy mark on Katie. The poor girl really appreciates being taken care of.

Morty
2010-10-08, 01:18 PM
Dipsnig taps his fang. As far as he knows, HALO isn't bad, but humans have strange ideas about it.
Nah. Lazy maybe, but not bad. What I mean is, being a nice and good person doesn't mean one can't visit places like the Black Dragon's Den.

Trobby
2010-10-08, 01:37 PM
"Oh...so it's not really as bad as you say it is, it just has a bad reputation?"

Katie is just a little confused about what she should think of The Black Dragon.

Morty
2010-10-08, 01:57 PM
Dipsnig sighs and shakes his head. There're some communication problems here. What I'm saying is that nice people aren't forbidden to visit places of questionable reputation.

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-08, 01:58 PM
Raz shrugs

Dunno really. I mean it's got a rep as a shady place, so shady people tend to hang there. I met the entire leadership of AMEN the first time I was there

He deadtimes. Because pub :D

Trobby
2010-10-08, 02:03 PM
Dipsnig sighs and shakes his head. There're some communication problems here. What I'm saying is that nice people aren't forbidden to visit places of questionable reputation.

"..."

Oh.

OH!

"Oh...y-you mean...that kind of ill-repute..."

Katie's face turns scarlet as she tries to keep her eyes on Viima, not wanting to show how embarrassed she is.

Raz shrugs

Dunno really. I mean it's got a rep as a shady place, so shady people tend to hang there. I met the entire leadership of AMEN the first time I was there

He deadtimes. Because pub :D

"So...is it just a um...'ill-reputed house', or is it also as 'shady' as you say it is?"

Reinholdt
2010-10-08, 02:07 PM
There's some scratching at the front door.

Morty
2010-10-08, 02:09 PM
Dipsnig blinks. By the Lord Below, no. It's just a bar that tends to attract less than law-abiding clientele.
Meanwhile, B-P 9000, an enchanced clockwork penguin Tonk made waaaaaaay back opens the door.

VampireRot
2010-10-08, 02:10 PM
Scratching?! Oooh, that sounds tasty!

Tweetums the dinosaur stalks over to the door and crouches down to the side of it that it doesn't open on. So it can pounce on any tasty morsels that might walk in when a member with opposable thumbs and an actual brain opens the door.

NINJAED BY MY OWN CREATION! :smallmad:

Tweetums wanders over to greet sniff whoever enters.

Reinholdt
2010-10-08, 02:17 PM
It's Mister Buttons! He meows Rawrs and scurries inside.
Definitely looks worse for the wear. Panting and blood matted fur and all scruffy looking.

Well fed though, so it wasn't some long starvation thing.
Mister Buttons will try to nuzzle Tweetums hello.

VampireRot
2010-10-08, 02:24 PM
MISTER BUTTONS!!!!

Tweetums chirps joyfully and nuzzles Mister Buttons. The dinosaur looks over the blood-covered fur with sorrow and fear.

B-P 9000 scans the scene and calculates the best course of action. The mechanical penguin butler will walk (slowly and dignified, but quite fast anyway) over to Dipsnig and give a report on the saber-tooth cat's return and current condition. Then B-P 9000 will scan the base for Roxie so it can inform her of this too.

The B-P 9000 has a rather... unfortunate name now doesn't it. :smallannoyed:

happyturtle
2010-10-08, 02:28 PM
"MISTER BUTTONS!!!!"

*pixie glomp*

Reinholdt
2010-10-08, 02:35 PM
Mister Buttons licks Roxie with his large, rough tongue.
Hi there. Missed you too. Then got in a fight, then got lost, so came here.
I don't think he communicates beyond the second sentence with his tongue lick.

happyturtle
2010-10-08, 02:40 PM
No, but his condition communicates it well enough. "You're hurt! Oh, my poor baby!" She sprinkles healing pixie dust, then goes back to more huggles and scritches. "I wish it wasn't so dangerous being a druid's animal companion!"

Reinholdt
2010-10-08, 03:06 PM
*purrr purrrr*
It's tough being Tobias' animal companion! There's all sorts of expectations of insaneness and lots of fighting and pride and stuff!

Trobby
2010-10-08, 03:42 PM
Dipsnig blinks. By the Lord Below, no. It's just a bar that tends to attract less than law-abiding clientele.
Meanwhile, B-P 9000, an enchanced clockwork penguin Tonk made waaaaaaay back opens the door.

"Ohh...I see.."

Gah, she misunderstood! Darnit!

"Umm...I guess I'll be careful then."

MISTER BUTTONS!!!

"Oh my goodness!"

This is both at the state of the poor thing's condition and...well, Sabertooth tiger. She abandons her mostly-eaten breakfast to join them.

"Is this your cat? What happened to him?"

happyturtle
2010-10-08, 04:02 PM
Roxie, it should be noted, is about 4 inches high. "He used to be my kitteh, but he bonded with a druid. And, I guess, he and his hooman human got into a fight."

Roxie:
http://i431.photobucket.com/albums/qq40/happyturtle-avs/avatar21.png

Trobby
2010-10-08, 04:06 PM
It should be noted that Katie totally thought she was just seeing things.

But she is taking the sight of a pixie surprisingly well.

"That's truly terrible...let's get him to the infirmary. He should be bandaged up to stop the bleeding."

And while we're on the subject, Katie:

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b244/Introbulus/KatieAvatar.png

Morty
2010-10-08, 04:08 PM
Dipsnig walks in on the scene, rubbing his chin wearily. If he didn't belong to the 90% of male goblin population that can't grow facial hair, he'd totally be unshaven most of the time.
Is that Mister Buttons? What happened?
Viima, meanwhile, runs up to Mister Buttons and sniffs at him with concern.

Reinholdt
2010-10-08, 04:09 PM
Mister Buttons has been healed by a druid and a pixie. He isn't bleeding anymore. The fur is just blood-matted.
He nuzzles his pixie friend and inquires with his eyes if he can pounce on Katie. Pretty pleeeeeease?

happyturtle
2010-10-08, 04:14 PM
Roxie does not understand what he's begging for. "Come on, Mister Buttons. You need a bath."

Trobby
2010-10-08, 04:22 PM
"That is certainly true." Katie tries to pet him on the head to comfort the poor creature. She normally wouldn't be so brash, but she figures it's probably just as tame as Viima, right?

Reinholdt
2010-10-08, 04:22 PM
Mister Buttons hisses a little at Viima. He may be beaten and bruised, but he still had his pride. And Mister Buttons is Speciest.
He'll follow Roxie and purr at Katie.

Morty
2010-10-08, 04:23 PM
Viima turns away, proudly and returns to Dipsnig. If Mister Buttons wants it that way, he can have it.
Dipsnig shakes his head, saying nothing.

happyturtle
2010-10-08, 04:25 PM
Roxie leads Mister Buttons to the bathroom where...

... she uses pixie dust to shrink him down to where he's small enough for her to pick up and put in the tub, and begin washing his fur! :smalleek:

((All attempts, of course.))

Trobby
2010-10-08, 04:29 PM
Katie will start running the water, whether or not Mister Buttons is willing to shrink.

She'll do the washing herself if she has to. :smalltongue:

Reinholdt
2010-10-08, 04:33 PM
Like Mister Buttons has a choice!
Besides, he's ok with Roxie shrinking him so she can rub his fur better.
He's an itty bitty kitty now.

happyturtle
2010-10-08, 04:34 PM
I figured he'd object more to the bath than the shrinking.

*waits for yowling and scratching to commence*

VampireRot
2010-10-08, 04:35 PM
Tweetums follows and looks at the water longingly.

What? It's not a cat. This dinosaur likes being clean and takes regular bird-bathes, thankyouverymuch.

Reinholdt
2010-10-08, 04:41 PM
Oh. Right. Baths.
*MEOWRLHISSSPITOWRLHISSHISS*
*claw claw bite rake rake*

happyturtle
2010-10-08, 04:47 PM
Animal empathy! Animal empathy! Roxie tries to use her vaguely defined animal charming ability to calm teh kitteh, but, it's sort of like hypnotism in that it won't make him do anything he strongly objects to. Like calmly taking a bath.

Roxie does her best, presumably with Katie's help, to at least get the worst of the matted blood out of his fur before deciding that everyone has suffered enough and releasing him.

*wonders how many more characters I can get clawed up by cats before the week is out*

Reinholdt
2010-10-08, 04:52 PM
Well there's always Charity I suppose.

Mister Buttons calms a little. In that it's now possible to clean him. It doesn't make it pleasant.

He glares at everyone, looking dejected.

Trobby
2010-10-08, 04:54 PM
Like Mister Buttons has a choice!
Besides, he's ok with Roxie shrinking him so she can rub his fur better.
He's an itty bitty kitty now.

I figured he'd object more to the bath than the shrinking.

*waits for yowling and scratching to commence*

Tweetums follows and looks at the water longingly.

What? It's not a cat. This dinosaur likes being clean and takes regular bird-bathes, thankyouverymuch.

Oh. Right. Baths.
*MEOWRLHISSSPITOWRLHISSHISS*
*claw claw bite rake rake*

:smalleek:

Katie thinks the velociraptor might not like being that close to an angry kitty.

She reaches in, risking her hands safety, to help clean the kitty, finding it just a little strange to be cleaning a creature so much smaller than herself.

"Will he be alright?"

happyturtle
2010-10-08, 05:00 PM
"Most kittehs hate water, and luckily they manage to clean themselves just fine. But I doubt it would be healthy for him to lick up all that blood. Who knows what it's tainted with, or if it's all his." When the bath is over, Roxie will attempt to towel him off, then return him to his regular size, then go to the kitchen to get him a big bowl of stew.

Sadly, no salmon today. If she'd known he was coming, she'd have gotten some in.

((I was figuring Ghavrion has a good shot at getting clawed by the Eldritch Cat))

VampireRot
2010-10-08, 05:08 PM
I was going to mention THAT CAT's likeliness of clawing Ghavrion. Just couldn't remember his name. :smalltongue:

Tweetums is quite good at darting its head back when a stray kitteh claw swipes its way. The SAURNORITHOLESTES cooes in amusement.

billtodamax
2010-10-08, 05:52 PM
Oh, hi Katie, I'm Rebecca. She says, presumably before Katie heads off to clean teh kitty. And I don't know if it will or not. How are you doing this 'space stuff'? She asks, frowning at Raz. It'll block teleportation, portalling, shifting planes, summoning, basically anything that gets you inside this base without getting through the door. She says, bringing her hands up in the preliminary positions for casting. I'm going to need to build up a lot of magic first so it can start to feed of the ambient energy... She mutters under her breath.

Reinholdt
2010-10-08, 05:55 PM
Oh right.

Mister Buttons gives one more nasty glare to someone before following to get noms. Noms made everything better.

happyturtle
2010-10-08, 05:56 PM
Roxie tries to scritch his ears to ask for forgiveness, even though his fur is still all wet.

They're good noms though. Demonsheep stew. Mmmm!

Trobby
2010-10-08, 06:11 PM
Katie follows them back into the dining area, and dumps out what is now probably not very good cereal at all.

And she watches Rebecca (Sorry for leaving. D: ) as she attempts to sooth the poor washed-up kitty cat with petting. She knows that cats hate being forced into water (actually, some cats LOVE going in water, but not by force), and hopes that the poor thing will forgive her.

VampireRot
2010-10-08, 06:14 PM
What's this? Sheep stew!? Tweetums chirps at Mummy, presenting its want for food very clearly. Else it might start eating out of Mister Buttons' bowl, and that wouldn't be a very nice scene.

Reinholdt
2010-10-08, 06:15 PM
Mister Buttons purrs happily and noms his food. Yay!
He could never stay mad for long.

happyturtle
2010-10-08, 06:21 PM
Tweetums gets his own noms, of course.

Or if he wants them raw, he can go out and kill his own sheep, but that would mean he'd get wool in his teeth.

In other news: NO has a large supply of wool.

Trobby
2010-10-08, 06:25 PM
Considering the winter setting? I'd hope so. :smalleek:

VampireRot
2010-10-08, 06:26 PM
Bah. First thirteenth rule of animal behavior: they always take the easy way to conserve energy. Tweetums gobbles up some cooked noms instead of going out to hunt sheep.

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-08, 07:20 PM
Raz undeadtimes and takes in the scene.

Oookay ...

He wanders over to Katie

Hey, just thought of something. How well can you fight?

Trobby
2010-10-08, 07:28 PM
Quite a scene to take in, isn't it? Saber Tooth Tigers, Raptors, pixies, etc. ;p

And that is a GOOD question to ask, since Katie did not elaborate.

"Ah? Oh...actually, pretty well when it comes to using my bow. I mean...I'm not quite as good at close-range combat. Haven't really got the strength to hold my own...but when it comes to aiming straight and true, I'm...well, fairly good...I don't like to brag about it much..."

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-08, 07:32 PM
Raz grins at that

'Wanna show me? I could do with some practice too'

Trobby
2010-10-08, 07:35 PM
Raz grins at that

'Wanna show me? I could do with some practice too'

"Er...are you sure? I mean...I mostly do sharpshooting, that sort of thing."

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-08, 07:46 PM
He nods

Yeah, that's what I meant. Sniping. I have to do it very occasionally, and I've been meaning to practice at some point

He mutters and summons a sniper rifle.

VampireRot
2010-10-08, 07:47 PM
Tweetums jumps when Raz summons the sniper rifle. The Saurnoritholestes chirps in fright and stares at the weapon uneasily.

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-08, 07:51 PM
Raz looks at the dinosaur and nods

Clever girl.

Then can't resist smirking

This things pro. I bought it off this midget I know for a job. Had to shatter a gem keeping an anti magic field up

McBish
2010-10-08, 07:58 PM
A woman bashes into the main room from outside. She looks upset and soaked, and happily mostly not in blood. But there is definitely some of that. She glares around for a bit before storming into the kitchen.

VampireRot
2010-10-08, 07:58 PM
Tweetums wrenches its gaze away from the weapon and chirps in annoyance. The feathered dinosaur naturally disliked some parts of Jurrasic Park, namely the inaccurate ones. Though you can't really explain to it that most of the mistakes were due to the nature of science to march on instead of lack of research. Also, its a male Saurnoritholestes, though the use of the pronoun "it" in all of its posts make it hard to tell. :smalltongue: