PDA

View Full Version : Smoking weapon enhancement

Black_Zawisza
2010-09-26, 11:15 PM
Smoking (Lords of Darkness p.180): Upon command this weapon fills wielder's area with (5ft square) noxious smoke equivalent to stinking cloud spell (wielder not affected but any that venture into his square are). Smoke provides concealment but wielder can see through smoke as normal. Smoke dissipates and reforms when wielder moves into a new square. [+1 bonus]
It takes a standard action to activate it, but how long does the effect last after that? Anybody know?

The_JJ
2010-09-26, 11:16 PM
When the wielder moves to a new square?

Emperor Tippy
2010-09-26, 11:18 PM
As long as the character doesn't move from that square, whether it be 2 seconds (a move action) or 2 million years.

Black_Zawisza
2010-09-26, 11:23 PM
As long as the character doesn't move from that square, whether it be 2 seconds (a move action) or 2 million years.
It says it dissipates and reforms when you move to another square, though. That sounds to me like an implication that you don't have to renew it with a standard action.

VirOath
2010-09-26, 11:26 PM
As written, it looks like any normal Flaming enchant for a weapon. It lasts until the user turns it off. It's not like he could hide effectively, as they would just track the smoke cloud for as long as it was on.

But this is going to be something I use on my next sneak character. Swordsage Vanish! *Smoke*