PDA

View Full Version : Here's an idea...

jebob
2010-09-27, 10:03 AM
Okay, I want your thoughts on this, guys.

Degenerate humans are typically (although not always)
Shorter
Stronger (less common)
Less intelligent/good at magic
Brutish
Have minor facial deformities

Elves are
Physically weak
Intelligent/magical
Graceful
Pointy ears

Has anyone played a campaign where humans are just degenerate/mutated elves?

Toliudar
2010-09-27, 10:29 AM
Ignoring for the moment my complete incomprehension of what you mean by a "degenerate human" (and really, please don't explain), I think that a campaign in which different PC races have a common ancestor, and from which they have "fallen" to various degrees, could be fun. Very Middle Earth, really.

Could lead to some interesting conversations between races. Because one person's degenerate is another person's evolved.

Greenish
2010-09-27, 11:02 AM
Has anyone played a campaign where humans are just degenerate/mutated elves?Warcraft elves are degenerate trolls. :smallwink:

Edwin
2010-09-27, 11:04 AM
Warcraft elves are degenerate trolls. :smallwink:

Was that actually ever confirmed as being true, rather than simply being one theory? :smallsmile:

If so, I would love a source.

Dr.Epic
2010-09-27, 11:04 AM
Warcraft elves are degenerate trolls. :smallwink:

And Tolkien's orcs are corrupted elves.

Who else wants to add to this?

Ruinix
2010-09-27, 11:24 AM

and hillmens are degenerated nord-kin humans, same ""blodline"" than rohirrims.

Greenish
2010-09-27, 11:29 AM
Was that actually ever confirmed as being true, rather than simply being one theory? :smallsmile:

If so, I would love a source.Trolls and Night Elves? (http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/story/troll/trollsandnightelves.html)
Little is known about the night elves' precise origins, for their race was formed so long ago that no hard evidence has surfaced to prove or invalidate this theory. All that is known for certain is that a tribe of nocturnal humanoids came to live on the shores of the first Well of Eternity, and the Well's cosmic energies changed them into the night elves we know today.
Certainly many trolls do believe that the humanoids who developed into the night elf race were trolls. The theory does have some credibility, for there is at least a superficial physical resemblance between trolls and night elves. Furthermore, the troll race dominated much of ancient Kalimdor--the only continent on Azeroth before the Great Sundering--long before the night elves came into power.Only Night Elves disagree (their silly pride doesn't alter history). :smallwink:

grimbold
2010-09-27, 11:32 AM
so... like tolkiens original orcs?
not movie orcs but HIS book orcs :)

Greenish
2010-09-27, 11:34 AM
so... like tolkiens original orcs?
not movie orcs but HIS book orcs :)How do you figure the movies' orcs weren't corrupted elves (or rather, their descendants)?

Ruinix
2010-09-27, 11:42 AM
How do you figure the movies' orcs weren't corrupted elves (or rather, their descendants)?

i dunno about the movies' orcs, but the blonde elfs on helm's deep battle was preatty much P.Jackson's black wet dream :smallmad:

Greenish
2010-09-27, 11:45 AM
i dunno about the movies' orcs, but the blonde elfs on helm's deep battle was preatty much P.Jackson's black wet dream :smallmad:I was more disturbed by Agent Smith in Rivendell.

"Mr. Aragorn…"

Ruinix
2010-09-27, 01:28 PM
I was more disturbed by Agent Smith in Rivendell.

"Mr. Aragorn…"

HAHAAA true true my mind complete wipeout that part of my memory till now :smallamused: hahaha

there is a comic made with frames of the movie in wich the writer made some explain to that and is more like :

dm: "you are the only wielder of the sword of the ancient kings"
player aragorn: "what sword?"
dm: ooc, you mean i dind't... O CRAP XDDDD
dm: as elrond "hello, here is anduril flame of the west, reforged from the shards of narsil .. blablablabla"

so amusing moment XDDD

damn i found it !! here is ... http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=1148

huttj509
2010-09-27, 01:48 PM
As you can see we've had our eye on you for some time now Mister Baggins.

It seems you've been living...two lives. In one life you're Frodo Baggins, resident and owner of the Bag End estate. You're well respected by the community, mind your manners, and recently moved to Buckland to be closer to your family.

The other life is lived in secret, where you go by the alias "Underhill," and have spent your time being chased by wraiths, meeting tall strangers in bars, and...helping your uncle safeguard this ring..

One of these lives has a future, the other does not.

Dr.Epic
2010-09-27, 07:57 PM
How do you figure the movies' orcs weren't corrupted elves (or rather, their descendants)?

It's confirmed in the films. Christopher Lee Saruman has a conversation with an orc about it in the Fellowship.

I was more disturbed by Agent Smith in Rivendell.

"Mr. Aragorn…"

Even more disturbing is in Sin City, Frodo is the guy who kills and eats prostitutes.

Chipp Zanuff
2010-09-27, 08:27 PM
Even more disturbing is in Sin City, Frodo is the guy who kills and eats prostitutes.

That's not that far from some depictions of Halflings...

Cerlis
2010-09-27, 08:30 PM

If so, I would love a source.

no but its true

Dr.Epic
2010-09-27, 09:31 PM
That's not that far from some depictions of Halflings...

Tolkien's hobbits?:smallannoyed:

Chipp Zanuff
2010-09-27, 09:49 PM
Tolkien's hobbits?:smallannoyed:

I meant Belkar. He's not cannibalistic, but he's pretty close.

Dr.Epic
2010-09-27, 09:54 PM

Still, Kevin is a whole other type of crazy than Belkar.

Aran Banks
2010-09-27, 11:37 PM

Add DC is correpted Marvel.

senrath
2010-09-27, 11:56 PM

While Belkar isn't, Dark Sun halflings are cannibalistic.

Stone Heart
2010-09-28, 01:01 AM

Huh, thats funny I thought corruption usually implied making something worse, not better. [/ohsnap]

Edit: Just gonna throw it out there, I mean no disrespect I love both Marvel and DC.

Ruinix
2010-09-28, 09:02 AM

and right now disney is rotting marvel.