PDA

View Full Version : Bit of a tricky call

Warwidowhammer
2010-09-27, 05:59 PM
Sorry guys, had to close thread, Dm not to happy that i disscussed this :smallamused:

Starbuck_II
2010-09-27, 06:00 PM
A odd situation came up today in our session. Here's the layout. We are in a temple of Set, I'm a worshiper of Isis, Now the party is rather beat up and exaugsted and not to mention we have a slave who is serisly malnourished. Now the problem is, We need to rest badly, yet there is a raging storm up above which may have a chance of hurting the party. Now some players are asking that we stay and sleep in the temple, in one of the side rooms. Well, being a worshiper of Isis this has thrown me to stay no straight off the bat.

So what I'm asking is, Is it right to seek safety in your gods most hated rivals temple when you have little other options then going to the surface and face the raging winds.

Wait, are you a cleric? If so, you don't need sleep: only arcane casters do. Instead you have a internal clock that refreshes spells at a time of day (Dawn or dusk depending on your choice at creation).

Infernum
2010-09-27, 06:04 PM
From a stand point of that no. But if you look at it from the stand point of "I am going to us that which is my enemies to make myself stronger so i can continue to do battle with them." or something like that, then i believe that your cleric will be just fine.

Warwidowhammer
2010-09-27, 06:06 PM
Wait, are you a cleric? If so, you don't need sleep: only arcane casters do. Instead you have a internal clock that refreshes spells at a time of day (Dawn or dusk depending on your choice at creation).

It's not spells or anything, it's the fact that we are to the point of exhaustion.

Marnath
2010-09-27, 06:07 PM
From a stand point of that no. But if you look at it from the stand point of "I am going to us that which is my enemies to make myself stronger so i can continue to do battle with them." or something like that, then i believe that your cleric will be just fine.

I agree with this. If you still need justification, say that you'll spend time desecrating the temple while you're there. Boom, you're getting something constructive done.

Infernum
2010-09-27, 06:08 PM
Marnath is correct, desecrate on your way out and make a note to find a priest of this said god and kick his ass.

Ernir
2010-09-27, 06:14 PM
If you're really exhausted, and there's nothing constantly keeping you awake, you're probably going to collapse in there regardless of how your character feels about the surroundings.

So yeah. I'd just make my character fall asleep and nag about it in the morning. :smalltongue:

VirOath
2010-09-27, 06:20 PM
Only the fool braves the storm when refuge is sought. Being in the temple and using it for cover is vastly different than supporting it or worshiping Set.

Crossblade
2010-09-27, 06:30 PM
As said above, deface anything possible. Topple statues, tear paintings and tapestries or use them as fuel for a fire, loot some valuables, dedicate some where's rather important (don't be descriptive, just say it as bluntly as that, no need to be obscene to your co-players). Maybe even knock a few holes in a wall or two.

But definitely loot the place.

Seffbasilisk
2010-09-27, 06:57 PM
Reconsecrate it for Isis?