PDA

View Full Version : Improv Dungeon!

Chainsaw Hobbit
2010-09-27, 07:38 PM
WELCOME TO
IMPROV DUNGEON
The Adventure Where I Make Everything Up as We Go Along!

_/ _/ _/ _/ _/

Please post anything OOC in spoiler tags.

You wake up to find yourself in a cold, low-ceilinged, torch-lit stone room; roughly 30 feet in both length and with. 2 10-foot wide corridors branch off to your left and right. Tortured screams echo very faintly from all directions.
What do you do?

Zaydos
2010-09-27, 07:46 PM
"I say we go left." Takezo says, drawing his double-bladed sword. He seems completely nonplussed at finding himself in these strange surroundings. He's about 6' 4" with unkempt black hair and a scar across the bridge of his nose. He wears an everburning torch strapped to his backpack and hide armor.

TheBoyce
2010-09-27, 08:49 PM
"RAHAHAHAHA!! Yees! Left, pops always said go left! And Slaggathor's father is always right! Bahahaha"

The muscular figure from which the words echo leverages himself to his feet with help from an axe that seems needlessly large. The figure himself stands at 6 foot tall, and wears a suit of Hide armor himself, his face seems to be mostly scars, with facial features seemingly slapped on as an afterthought.

Dusk Eclipse
2010-09-27, 09:05 PM
OOCI'll post my character again here, just to make things easier
====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
Alekei, level 5
Razorclaw Shifter, Avenger|Swordmage
Hybrid Avenger: Hybrid Avenger Reflex
Swordmage Aegis (Hybrid): Aegis of Assault
Hybrid Talent: Armor of Faith
Gritty Sergeant Benefit: Weapon Proficiency (Longbow)
Background: Gritty Sergeant (Gritty Sergeant Benefit)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 10, Con 12, Dex 16, Int 16, Wis 18, Cha 8.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 10, Con 11, Dex 14, Int 15, Wis 16, Cha 8.

AC: 19 Fort: 14 Reflex: 17 Will: 18
HP: 50 Surges: 8 Surge Value: 12

TRAINED SKILLS
Arcana +11, Perception +14, Stealth +13

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +7, Bluff +1, Diplomacy +1, Dungeoneering +6, Endurance +3, Heal +6, History +5, Insight +6, Intimidate +1, Nature +6, Religion +5, Streetwise +1, Thievery +5, Athletics +2

FEATS
Level 1: Melee Training (Wisdom)
Level 2: Hybrid Talent
Level 4: Power of Skill

POWERS
Hybrid at-will 1: Booming Blade
Hybrid at-will 1: Overwhelming Strike
Hybrid encounter 1: Sword of Sigils
Hybrid daily 1: Aspect of Might
Hybrid utility 2: Refocus Enmity
Hybrid encounter 3: Fury's Advance
Hybrid daily 5: Swordmage Shielding Fire

ITEMS
Runic Falchion +1, Cannith Goggles (heroic tier), Lucky Charm +1, Skybound Cloth Armor (Basic Clothing) +1, Adventurer's Kit, Footpads
====== Copy to Clipboard and Press the Import Button on the Summary Tab ======

I guess left it is
The feline humanoid growls lighly, he wears simple cloths, with a gale mothif, strapped accros his back a great curved blade engraved in runs, his clawed hand never leaving the grip, on his head resting on his twitching ears a pair of googles.

It doesn't takes a genius to see he isn't pleased about the situation he is right now

with one quick swipe of his clawed hands, he dons his googles, which improve his already keen sight even more. Quickly moving towards the left corridor he tires to see if there is something there (perception check [roll0]

Shadow_Elf
2010-09-27, 09:05 PM
Wash gets up off the floor and dusts himself off. He pulls out his bow and sets an arrow to the string. I am not sure how we got here, but I see no sense in arguing over which direction we take. Both seem equally tactically viable - I will leave you to your superstitious deliberations, and then follow the rest of you along the chosen path. The blue-skinned Genasi walks around the room, examining things.

Perception: [roll0]

Also, do the characters know each other prior to this, or not?

Chainsaw Hobbit
2010-09-27, 09:21 PM
Wash gets up off the floor and dusts himself off. He pulls out his bow and sets an arrow to the string. I am not sure how we got here, but I see no sense in arguing over which direction we take. Both seem equally tactically viable - I will leave you to your superstitious deliberations, and then follow the rest of you along the chosen path. The blue-skinned Genasi walks around the room, examining things.

Also, do the characters know each other prior to this, or not?

The floor is thinly coated a fine, white dust. And the bones of mice and other small animals lie here and there.

Zaydos
2010-09-27, 09:26 PM
I'll take point unless somebody objects Takezo announces moving towards the left exit, sword readied. We should move silently if possible. His eyes scan the room and the hallway ahead.

Stealth: [roll1]

Dusk Eclipse
2010-09-27, 09:32 PM
You sure you want to take the point? It seems I stealthier and I can go back and forth without much trouble

Shadow_Elf
2010-09-27, 09:34 PM
I must warn you, I am not known for my stealth, though I wish I was. It would be a great asset. In any case, I will try to follow as quietly as I can - why don't you both take point? That way, enemies that attack us will have to spread their assault between the two.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2010-09-27, 09:35 PM
I'll take point unless somebody objects Takezo announces moving towards the left exit, sword readied. We should move silently if possible. His eyes scan the room and the hallway ahead.

Stealth: [roll1]

The hallway goes on for 25 feet before it branches off to the right. You notice a faint scraping sound coming from the corridor.

Zaydos
2010-09-27, 09:36 PM
Takezo stops upon hearing the sound, Perhaps it would be best to meet it as a group, head-on?

Shadow_Elf
2010-09-27, 09:38 PM
The genasi tactician lifts his bow. Sketchy noises in the dark? I am beginning to hate this place already. Be ready to move aside and give me a clear shot, if whatever it is is worth shooting.

Dusk Eclipse
2010-09-27, 09:41 PM
Alekei draws the moon fang, as he calls his blade as silently as possible, taking a ready stance to fight while trying to make sense of the noises coming.
Perception [roll0]

I hate to, but I have to agree with it, this, doesn't seems good

TheBoyce
2010-09-27, 09:57 PM
"Good? Bad? I'm the guy with the axe! Now let's hurry up, there's wenches and ale to be had once we get out of here!"

Slaggathor readies his axe for battle, not that he's ever not ready for battle.

Zaydos
2010-09-27, 10:03 PM
Takezo smiles at Slaggathor and says, "I like the way you think., he glances down the hallway, with the smile of true warrior, "let them bring it, I'm ready."

Dusk Eclipse
2010-09-27, 10:06 PM
I guess my hopes for a clean, quick battle pretty much went out through the window right? /sight... ok I'm in he stealthy moves the 25 feet and peaks through the opening

[roll0] stealth

kornwiser
2010-09-28, 12:24 PM
Dorik (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=242431), who had been following behind silently up to this point, speaks up.

"Hmph. Don't be too hasty, young ones. You don't want to end up a pile of red mush on the floor, or in your case," gesturing to Wash, "A puddle. Just make sure I have a clear shot, and I shall bring down the wrath of Moradin on any foul beast that dare attack us!"

He swings out his staff and pounds it into the ground dramatically.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2010-10-11, 12:32 PM
Sorry about the wait, anyway:
Around the corner is a 10-foot wide, rot-iron pair of double doors. Smeared across the door is a greasy crimson stain and the doorknob is covered in oozing transparent ectoplasm.

Shadow_Elf
2010-10-11, 11:23 PM
I'm not scholar, but my analysis - disgusting. I do not recommend that anyone touch that doorknob. In fact, I think it would be a great idea if we just ignore this door altogether.

TheBoyce
2010-10-11, 11:30 PM
Knobs? Who needs knobs?! Not Me! I've got me axe! I say we break it down!

TheBoyce
2010-10-14, 06:06 PM
The silence following the barbarian's statement was soon split by an echoing roar as he hurled himself and his axe at the door bringing his weapon down in a mighty arc.

I think this is a strength check so [roll0]

Chainsaw Hobbit
2010-10-14, 07:05 PM
The silence following the barbarian's statement was soon split by an echoing roar as he hurled himself and his axe at the door bringing his weapon down in a mighty arc.

I think this is a strength check so [roll0]

The door splinters and shards of wood and iron fly in all directions.
The crimson slime that was on the door seems to come alive and latches on to your axe, making a hissing sound and eating away at the metal.

The room behind the pile of wood and iron that was once a door is a plain looking 25 by 25 foot room. At the end is a door similar to the one you just bashed but without the ectoplasm.
Strewn across the room are the mangled bodies of gnolls, orcs, and goblins. An undead gnoll gorges itself on the flesh of one of the corpses.

Shadow_Elf
2010-10-15, 04:49 PM
((Should we be rolling initiative?))

Lovely. An undead. Just love those, I do, Wash says sarcastically, before preparing his bow for imminent battle.