PDA

View Full Version : 4e Mutation?

Cealocanth
2010-09-27, 10:34 PM
My D&D campaign is soon to begin, and I have come to a time where minute details are required for it to commence.

The source of magic in theis world is something I call Astral Energy. The campaign world was transformed when a crystaline ore called astralite rained from the heavens and implanted itself on the planet. Weak, or imprefect specimens of Astralite burn to the touch, and kill if consumed, while strong, or perfect specimens, kill at prescence and caise severe magical mutation to it's survivors. Astralite has a tendency to transfer energy to different strengths of specimens, and this arc is called Astral Energy. This energy, when properly redirected, can be used to create magical effects.

When one of my players stupidly exposes them to high levels of Astral radiation, how do I go about figuring what kind of magical changes occur to them? Is there an already exsisting table out there that I can use to calclate these changes?

DeltaEmil
2010-09-27, 10:43 PM
There's something about spellscared in the 4th edition forgotten realms player's guide that might thematically fit with your idea of astral energy mutation.

Mando Knight
2010-09-28, 12:11 AM
Also, Gamma World. The 4e version comes out soon, so you can yoink weirder stuff from that as you will. :smallamused: