PDA

View Full Version : Races of War Combat Ready Feats Question/Poll

blueblade
2010-09-27, 10:37 PM
DMs, would you allow a PC to use the Combat Ready feats?
http://dungeons.wikia.com/wiki/Races_of_War_%283.5e_Sourcebook%29/Warriors_with_Style#The_Failure_of_Feats

They're powerful certainly, but have great progression and really make that BAB count. I also like that they have a 16+ bonus, so full BAB classes actually benefit from them (as opposed to say a PsyWar, who is probably currently the best core fighter around).

So would you allow them? And if not, why not?

Aran Banks
2010-09-27, 11:33 PM
Oh no... As soon as a Frank-hater sees this, the entire thread will go to Hell.

For the record, I like the idea that low-level characters will obtain less from a feat than high-level characters. It's good. The power boost is HUGE, but I prefer the large increase in power; having more area to work under results in a lot more original feats... then again, that might just be Frank and his gang with their creativity. Not sure.

I use Races of War feats. I use all [Tome] feats. And I recommend them to anyone who hasn't used them before.

Also, The Warblade is the best Core Fighter around... and giving the warblade these feats actually makes him amazingly amazing. Like topping Beguilers.

Volthawk
2010-09-28, 12:31 AM
Also, The Warblade is the best Core Fighter around... and giving the warblade these feats actually makes him amazingly amazing. Like topping Beguilers.

Wait, Warblade's Core? :smallconfused:

Aran Banks
2010-09-28, 12:39 AM
about as much as the PsyWar is :P

dgnslyr
2010-09-28, 12:44 AM
Those feats are very powerful, though I wouldn't be so quick to say overpowered. It's not fair if only a few people in a group are aware of them, though, so if you plan on using them, make sure everybody else is all right with it first.