PDA

View Full Version : The Deepest Song [IC]

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Tsumeken
2010-09-28, 12:27 AM
You have traveled together to the port city of Alansworth, though not the most prosperous it is a hub of recent activity as many townsfolk have left their homes and businesses for higher ground. Storms and heavy rain have fallen in the past few weeks with no end in sight, and the waves had destroyed all but the most hearty of vessel. When you do arrive it is indeed still raining and you are forced to find shelter in the nearby drinking hub known as the Soggy Dragon, the sign outside depicts a large scaled dragon head with a rather annoyed look on it's face as the rain continues to pelt it.

Inside a fire roars in one corner as the owner, a rather sour dwarf, sits behind the bar grumbling about the weather. On the stage the curtain remains closed though the lights are lit as an adiance is awaited. The chairs are mostly empty with you being the only one(s) to enter the bar other then two other patrons who sit alone.

(Cliche I know about the bar but a start is a start)

players:
Juliana (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=242514)
Formallion (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=242637)
Alexander Pyrelight (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=241253)
Fash Falath (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=242688)
Loex (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=243116)
D'Kal (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=242510)
Selfent (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=242542)
Cairne (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=244309)

goken04
2010-09-28, 06:37 AM
Formallion saunters jauntily to the bar and hops up onto a stool. "Greetings dear sir! I am but a humble patron to your tavern, but I was curious as to the stage and the lighting. Are we to assume that, in a manner of short order, there will be a performance of some sort?"

If we've been together awhile, is it safe to assume I would have cast Endure Exposure on the whole party? This is something Formallion would do every morning for his companions to protect them from his breath weapon in battle.

VirgoBushin
2010-09-28, 09:27 AM
~Juliana~

Juliana was back stage, brushing her green hair out and staring into a mirror. She had been here at least a year and while it'd been somewhat stable, she knew she wouldn't be able to accomplish her goals by remaining here forever. True, she was 16 and had a long life to live, but still.

A slight sigh escaped as she finished brushing her hair and gently set it down upon the vanity mirror before her as she now found herself staring at her reflection. It wasn't her true form and the only reason it remained unknown was due to a single ring she was wearing upon her right ring finger. She'd stolen it from her parents before running away so she could live above water.

Yes, the girl was really a merfolk but so far no one had been able to figure it out just from merely laying eyes upon her. Though many did question where such an exotic girl had appeared from, but none complained. It was one of the main reasons why she had gotten her job so easily; that plus her incredible ability to sing.

She finished putting her hair in a neat braid then began putting the rest of her jewelry on; another magical ring that went on her left middle finger, a pair of gold earrings, a pair of magical bracers, and a golden pendant. Another sigh escaped her as she finished. While perhaps she did at least enjoy her freedom, she had direly missed being able to swim. She didn't get to often due to her huge popularity here. It was both a blessing and a curse.... which one more she knew not.

EdroGrimshell
2010-09-28, 09:39 AM
(OOC: If you don't mind i'd like to be one of the bar's current patrons)

Alexander looks on as a group of adventurers enters the bar, his scythe leaned against the counter, his cloak hanging from the first handle in the shaft, a black and grey cat lounging next to him. One of the kobold taking a seat a few down from Alex.

"Hm," he only hums, interested in the party, maybe i could join them, i need to get moving anyway.

abadguy
2010-09-28, 12:57 PM
The bar door bursts open, revealing a humanoid with pointy ears, back lit with a flash of lightning. The barkeep takes a glance and sighs heavily, head in hands, as the newcomer strides in with a spring in his step.

He is dressed in a bright gaudy blue dandy suit, top hat on head, a bright yellow cloak around his shoulders, twirling an ornate cane. A monocle fits into his left eye and a ridiculously long, thin and curling mustache entwines itself beneath his nose.

((OOC: To have a better visual, this is the closest pic I could find, but without the colours as described above. Link (http://dallasvintageshop.com/?p=973)))

"Hail barkeep top of the evening! Blasted rain, never lets up. I say old chap, a bottle of your finest liquor if you please! None of that cheap stuff, mind" he says loudly with a broad grin.

He twirls about, eyeballing the rest of the patrons, some he recognises. To the strangers, he gives a big dramatic bow and says,"Good evening to all, I am Selfent the Salacious! Scion of the House of Isamu, hence my refined manners and even finer finery. Come join me by the fire if you are up for an evening of titillating conversation!" He walks to the table closest to the fire to dry off as the barkeep grudgingly follows with two glasses and a bottle of whiskey.

EdroGrimshell
2010-09-28, 01:44 PM
"Is that a private invitation or can anyone join?" Alexander asks, he recognizes Selfent as a common patron, much like himself. "I won't drink, hate what it does to me, but i would like to get my cloak dry." he walks over and takes a seat nearby, "Just try not to boast to much, someone may take offense to it."

JelloCat
2010-09-28, 02:32 PM
Following closely behind his gaudy companion a grizzled old man wanders in from the rain. With a quick wave of his hand and few mumbled words his cloak dries and the flecks of water in his beard are shaken off, never to hit the ground. Once he's completely dry D'Kal waves to the barkeep for another glass and goes to sit down with his companion and the bar patron who's joined him.

Alth Falath
2010-09-28, 02:40 PM
Almost unnoticed, a small figure walks in behind D'kal. He removes the hood of his cloak, revealing a pale gray face. After drying as much water as he can from the cloak, he walks over to the bar and hops up onto a stool.

EdroGrimshell
2010-09-28, 08:24 PM
"May i ask what a group of adventurers is doing in this hole of a town?" Alex asks, "not much that could interest adventurers here."

abadguy
2010-09-28, 08:57 PM
Selfent recognises Alexander as one of the hail-fellow-well-met acquaintances of the Soggy Dragon but is naturally suspicious. One doesn't live long in his profession without some measure of paranoia

Spot Check to notice particular details about the Alexander
Taking 10 if possible (total: 21)
if not:
[roll0]

"Adventurer? Me?" Selfent said in mock surprise and arched eyebrows,"I just like to see the world, drink in the sights and sounds, tis all. But quite right you are, rather motley bunch gathered here tonight. I'll let them introduce themselves to you in their own time." He pauses to take a sip of his drink and winces. "We are DEFINITELY not here because of the drinks!" He tosses the remains of the drink into fire, which flares briefly, before slouching down in his seat, top hat over his eyes and cloak wrapped tightly around him.

EdroGrimshell
2010-09-28, 09:10 PM
"I know I've seen you before, but i have never actually spoken to you before, and your companions must have interesting stories." He smiles jovially, "And if you start your next journey i'd like to see the story unfold first hand, you have my scythe should you ever need it. Right Velik," he scratches his cat's head, drawing a purr from it.

(OOC: One thing that may be noticeable is that Velik has reddish-brown eyes, and, according to one translator, Velik is Draconic for Devil or Fiend)

Tsumeken
2010-09-28, 11:26 PM
A man walks in, covered in a large poncho. He grumbles as he takes off the wet overcovering,, hanging it near the door. He shouts over towards the barkeep, "Flanagin! Get some of your best out here for these boys! And get the show started! We have some business to discuss and we need some entertainment while doing so!" He stomped forward as he walked around, shaking the water from his boots. He motioned all the others to join him at a table near the stage, pushing another together to make enough room. "I assume you all are here for the job that was posted about the tumultuous seas? I have the details right here." He says, holding up a scroll case.

The dwarf waved off the human as he went to gather a few mugs, placing them and a pitcher on the table. He waited for his pay before heading backstage. He knocked on the dressing room door before calling in, "Time's up, missy! Use them legs you got and get out here and earn your pay!" With that, he walked away, resuming his spot behind the bar and continuing his work where he'd hidden his own mug., drinking of it deeply.

EdroGrimshell
2010-09-28, 11:53 PM
Alexander perks up, "Job, i didn't hear about any job, sound like fun to me," he says, grinning. He grabs his scythe then goes over to the table, Velik stretching then following. Noticing the drinks he pushes his to the center of the table, making room for Velik to curl up, then turns to look at the stage while still being able to see the man with the scroll.

VirgoBushin
2010-09-28, 11:57 PM
~Juliana~

Juliana had been contemplating whether or not to use her flute for this performance before a loud knock on the door was heard, making her jump and gasp simultaneously. A sigh of relief left her as she realized it was but the annoying Dwarven barkeep, Flanagin. She knew he was but doing his job... but sometimes she really wished he'd go about it a much more civil way. Then again, she had much to learn of other races and Dwarves were definitely one of them.

For this one, she decided all she would need was her voice. She gave her reflection one last glance in the mirror and nodded at herself. "Well... show time again I guess...." She murmured, walking out in her outfit she always wore when singing or using her flute. A quick glance of the audience showed quite the unusual variety; not many humans like usual. It was, to say the least, an interesting looking group. All were men, that was for certain.

She allowed her mind to race and quickly think of a good song to sing.. She slowly nodded the took a deep breath before opening her mouth and beginning to sing,,

"I stood upon the Ivory Tower
As far as I could see
The winds that grew from out of the trees were calling out to me
Curtains blew in the Ivory Tower
Willows start to bend
The ravens flew to escape the fury as the storm descends...

I followed fortune 'round the tower
Searching in vain
For through the mist 'round the old stone tower I only found rain
And though the cold, cold Ivory Tower was stony through and through
I laid and dreamed on a featherbed, my dream was of you
My dream was of you...

All time waiting
As the sun doth set in the haze
All time waiting
Every hour feels like a day...oh...

I feared not in the Ivory Tower
Imprisonment you'll find
Lies within your heart your soul, your spirit and your mind
It lies within your heart, your soul, your spirit and your mind..."

When finished, she bowed politely to the group then waited for hints, mainly of whether they wanted her to sing something else or not. Her hands remained behind her back as she awaited a hint of sorts patiently.

Perform Check:
[roll0]

EdroGrimshell
2010-09-29, 12:05 AM
"Bravo," Alexander calls, clapping. He personally heard a few of her songs before, and he prefered one in particular, "can i request Loreley (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pSYRLZj8xs)?"

VirgoBushin
2010-09-29, 12:11 AM
~Juliana~

The very slightest hints of crimson flushed under Juliana's cheeks as she was complimented. She was more taken aback that he actually knew of where her song had come from. She thought a bit, going over the one he'd requested in her head before nodding,, "Of course, sir." She allowed her breath to first be regained, for this next one would be at least two, maybe three times, longer than the last. Finally, when she was sure she was ready, she opened her mouth and began to sing yet again,

"Merrily we sailed along
Though the waves were plenty strong
Down the twisting river Rhine
Following a song...

Legend's faded storyline
Tried to warn us all
Oh, they called her "Loreley"
Careful or you'll fall...

Oh, the stories we were told
Quite a vision to behold
Mysteries of the seas in her eyes of gold...
Laying on the silver stone, such a lonely sight
Barnacles become a throne, my poor Loreley...

And the winds would cry, and many men would die
And all the waves would bow down to the Loreley...

You would not believe your eyes, how a voice could hypnotize
Promises are only lies from Loreley
In a shade of mossy green, seashell in her hand
She was born the river queen, ne'er to grace the land...

Oh, the song of Loreley
Charms the moon right from the sky...
She will get inside your mind, loveley Loreley...
When she cries "Be with me until the end of time"
You know you will ever be with your Loreley...

And all the waves would bow down to the Loreley...'
And all the waves would bow down to the Loreley..."

She gave the man who'd applauded her a smile as she finished, hoping it'd been more than satisfactory for him.

Perform Check:
[roll0]

EdroGrimshell
2010-09-29, 12:23 AM
Alexander smiles, these songs always made him relax. "Perfect, i must say i haven't heard that song since i was last in my hometown. They bring back some good memories."

Tsumeken
2010-09-29, 12:25 AM
When the songs had finished, the large man turned to the group that had gathered at the table, opening the scroll case. He unfurled the document from within. "I don't think I need to tell you what your first mission is going to be. It's pretty obvious.... at least I would think. This unnatural weather is the first step. The Sahaugins are using it so we want you to take care of it. We found what we believe to be the focal point. To the north of here, about a two-day journey, is a large marsh. There hasn't been much activity there in the past years but suddenly it picked up. We want you to go there and find out what's going on."

VirgoBushin
2010-09-29, 12:35 AM
~Juliana~

Juliana gave the same man another smile, her cheeks a bit more crimson. She enjoyed making others happy, especially from her songs. As the more larger man spoke, she took heed of what he was explaining.. While she herself had never had any personal encounters, she knew of the Sahaugin pretty well. "Um.... excuse me but... maybe I could help them. I know a lot of the Sahaugin, including habits, tactics, things of the like and... no offense to all the men you've gathered... but I doubt many, if any, of them know what they're up against. I'd think they'd have a better chance if they had a guide of sorts." With that, she waited again patiently, slightly unsure of how Flanagin would react to all of this as he was her boss. While the mere thought made her more anxious than the idea of going,, she knew he wasn't just going to ignore this. One thing she had quickly noted of Dwarves was they could drink a lot and still act and talk as if they were sober... or at least semi-sober.

EdroGrimshell
2010-09-29, 12:37 AM
Turning back to the big man, Alexander listens but does not comment, instead opting to let others talk. He quirks an eyebrow at the singer, "would it be safe to assume your a bard?" Alexander asks.

abadguy
2010-09-29, 04:47 AM
Not at all surprising, thought Selfent. It was about time the Sahaugins made their move. I just hope there is still time to talk it over.

Selfent is suitably impressed by the performance from the lady on stage. It has been a well since he heard such a fine voice like that. He was further impressed that this seemingly frail singer would deign to embark on a dangerous job like this!

Deciding that she would make an excellent addition to the party, he strode over to Flanagin and placed his arm around him. "Come now old chap, what say we, er, borrow her services for a week or so? I heard you been wanting to put some modern lute quartet on to attract the younger crowd eh? Here's your chance! We'll take her along with us and relieve you of the burden of having to give her severence pay."

Diplomacy check
[roll0]

Alth Falath
2010-09-29, 09:11 AM
"Note to self, do not let Selfent negotiate my pay," Fash mutters. He looks over to the bard. "Glad to have someone with knowledge of our enemies with us." He grins slightly, before returning to a neutral expression. He then waits to see what other information their contact has about the swamp.

VirgoBushin
2010-09-29, 12:09 PM
~Juliana~

Juliana nodded to the same man. "I am indeed a bard, one that when I need to, can fight with actual weapons also." She added, smiling somewhat proudly. "Though it is true I tend to be more of a support person as one would say." As others began agreeing to her idea and liking the fact they'd have a new advantage, she was beginning to feel better about this.... for the most part. She was a tad confused on the "borrowing services" part... but it didn't sound bad right now. Until she could completely understand what that had meant, she wouldn't assume it meant anything bad.

EdroGrimshell
2010-09-29, 12:30 PM
"I agree that having an expert on this expedition would be much appreciated, but the double entendre* of that statement may cause some offense, Selfent." looking back to the man, he sighs, "what would we get from this job?"

(*Dual meaning or innuendo)

goken04
2010-09-29, 01:28 PM
"Yeah!" Formallion chirps up. "I mean I'd be glad to help, as one can hardly sit by while the Sahuagin bring pain and displeasure to the land. Or at least I can hardly sit idly by while that happens. All the same, what kind of shiny treasure might we expect in exchange for our moderate services? I'd like to think myself a rare sort of talent and I enjoy rare talents in return, if you catch my drift. What I'm saying is I'd like some gold, or perhaps some gems. Or even some fine sculpture or painting you may get your hands on. Anything like that, in exchange for our services, I might expect."

Tsumeken
2010-09-29, 03:16 PM
The dwarf looked up for a second at the strange man who apparently felt it necessary to touch the barkeep to talk to him. He took the arm off from around him as he spoke back to the man, "Her services.... I might be able to part with her for that long ." He placed an empty coin purse on the table before the young man before he spoke again, "500 gold for the week, it's the same I charge for rooms so I won't be losing any business with her gone."

The man looked at the others as the dwarf and elf haggled, "Well anything you find is yours, just stop whatever might be going on there is all that is required of you."

EdroGrimshell
2010-09-29, 06:41 PM
"I think if she wishes to join us then she should be allwed to at no cost to her or us. It is her own decision, unless she has a contract with you, there's nothing holding her here," Alexander says to the barkeep, "However, i will pay," he tosses six cloth pouches to the owner, "Each of those holds one hundred gold coins, that should cover the revenue for just under a tenday. I don't need much in the way of money."

Tsumeken
2010-09-29, 09:43 PM
The dwarf quickly grabs up the bags shaking them near his ear before nodding,. He walked back to the backroom to deposit the coins before returning. "Alright, shes all yours."

abadguy
2010-09-30, 01:30 AM
Surprised at his generosity, Selfent says, "Good on you old bean! Must be plenty more where that came from eh? Well, I'm not known as "The Salacious" for nothing, I'm all about double entrances, I mean, entendres. Harmless gentlemenly humour, no need to get your knickers in a twist old sport!"

Selfent turned to the man with the scroll case. "I say, who exactly are we working for? Seems a bit to be blundering about in the dark. Or are you and your esteemed organisation just as clueless as we are?"

EdroGrimshell
2010-09-30, 09:52 AM
"Let's try not to haggle, i find it never works, plus he said the reward we got is what we find on the Sahuagin, so let's get moving. Just need a map." Alexander looks at the man, raising an eyebrow in a silent question.

VirgoBushin
2010-09-30, 12:37 PM
~Juliana~

Juliana covered her mouth. She.... didn't have to remain here then? She felt like she could hug the man... but restrained herself from doing so. "Thank you." She said, bowing her head politely to the whole group, but especially the man who'd just bought her freedom. "I'm going to go get the rest of my things real quick." She said, turning and going back to the dressing room, grabbing her weapons, her longsword strapped at her right hip, her dagger concealed in a belt pouch she had. The belt pouch also contained various potions and scrolls she had bought just in case. Her armor was hidden underneath her entertainer's outfit. She looked around the room, making sure she hadn't missed anything.. The only thing left was her backpack, which had a wand she'd also bought. As she put it over her shoulders, she smiled then headed back out to rejoin the group, knowing next they'd soon be heading out soon. When she did rejoin the group, however, she remained close to Alex considering right now she felt the most comfortable around him.

EdroGrimshell
2010-09-30, 01:12 PM
Alexander smiles brightly, "It's not a problem, i like helping people," he says, I think we're going to get along, he thinks as Juliana returns, "If you need someone to talk to i'm always willing to listen," Alex whispers, "I'm Alexander, by the way," he then says, holding out a hand.

VirgoBushin
2010-09-30, 01:54 PM
~Juliana~

Juliana remained close by the man who actually introduced himself now. She took his hand with her own small, dainty one as she returned the handshake. "I'm Juliana.. It's a real pleasure to meet you." She whispered back. What she would have given to have met him... or at least someone as kind as him... from day one when she'd run away from her true home that was beneath the sea. "There need to be more people like you." She added in a hushed tone still, now remaining quiet for anyone else to ask the man who'd given them all their mission or for him to dismiss the group.

EdroGrimshell
2010-09-30, 02:11 PM
He gives a sad smile, I hope she doesn't find out about my little mistake,

abadguy
2010-09-30, 08:44 PM
"Yes a map would be most helpful. Marsh eh? Not my favourite environment. Those mud stains can be quite a bother." said Selfent

I suppose Sahuagin blood could be quite a laundry challenge as well, he thought to himself.

Selfent carefully straightens his clothing and prepares to leave the bar once the map is obtained.

Tsumeken
2010-09-30, 10:29 PM
At this point in time a small shadowy figure runs from behind the counter and under Alex's chair, it jingles as it runs and appears to be holding a small pouch of coin, much like the one Alex had given to the dwarf.

The small shadowy critter tries to stay out of sight by hiding beneath the chair.

JelloCat
2010-09-30, 10:51 PM
Seeing the creature dart under the chair D'Kal squats down so he's looking at it and simply says, "Come here little one."

If the creature comes he will say, "Someone grab him before he's free of the spell."

If not he will ready a spell of hold portal given enough time and will use it should the creature make a break for the door.

Command spell. Will save, DC 18

Also, I'll roll any relevant knowledge checks to know what it is. I'll roll them in the OOC so as not to double post.

Tsumeken
2010-09-30, 11:04 PM
Will save
[roll0]

The little creature (though would be normally one to stay in hiding or run) dropped the cloth bag and slowly walked out form under the chair. It looked to be an imp though it's coloring was grayish and looked more as a miniature malnourished gargoyle. It seemed to be compelled to leave it's place beneath the chair and move towards D'Kal

EdroGrimshell
2010-09-30, 11:08 PM
"That's my familiar, Velik," Alex says, seeing the imp. "Velik, get your tail up here."

(OOC: I'll use dark red to signify Infernal, cyan for aquan and gray for draconic)

Tsumeken
2010-09-30, 11:14 PM
((OOC: alright I'll do the same for Velek using dark red for infernal))

Velek shook his head quickly and jumped up to the table, shifting as he did to his cat form. "I'm sorry master but that man cheated you, he said 500 for the girl, not the 600 you gave him, you were owed back change." He stayed looking at his master, though through the corners of his eyes he studied the others in his sight.

EdroGrimshell
2010-09-30, 11:25 PM
Alexander gives a sigh, "500 for a week, 100 extra to let her stay with us." he gives Velik a scratch behind the ears, "Look at the whole situation before acting, it's how you lived in Baator isn't it? it doesn't change much on the Prime. Now introduce yourself, we'll be travelling with them for a while." He indicates the rest of the party.

abadguy
2010-09-30, 11:34 PM
Seeing this, Selfent quickly and surreptitiously pats himself down for any missing gear.

Search
[roll0]

Then he retrieves the cloth bag with the coins and hands it back to the barkeeper. "Master of the house, looks like you dropped this, good thing I spotted it!"

Diplomacy if needed
[roll1]

Then he turns to Alexander. "Ahem, I suppose you could take better care of your, ahem, cat. Wouldn't want anyone here to 'accidentally' lose items"

"Shall we get going?"

EdroGrimshell
2010-09-30, 11:42 PM
Alex remains calm, "Velik isn't as bad as other akuma*, i've been a good influence on him."

*Means devil

Tsumeken
2010-09-30, 11:44 PM
Velek remains in cat form but bows introducing himself in common as Alexander's familiar. He notes each person, especially the silly looking elf who pats himself down in response to the knowledge of having a "reformed" pickpocket with them.

Selfent
You find nothing out of place, apparently the Imp is on a reformed road but that doesn't make it any less of a devil.

The dwarf returns and is bewildered at the gold being out here, he was sure he had taken it all.... maybe he had enough to dirnk tonight were his thoughts as he thanked the elf.

The man who had given the mission to the group hands the map over, it shows the marsh in question to be a days journey to the east of here.

VirgoBushin
2010-09-30, 11:53 PM
~Juliana~

Juliana smiled and even giggled a bit as she saw that Alexander had a pet of sorts....it seemed to be a devil at first then shifted to a cat from what she saw. "Aww...he's cute." She bowed her head to Velek. "Thanks for trying to stand up for your master like that.... but he wasn't cheated. Besides..." She lowered her voice, ensuring only Velek could hear this, "Truth be told, I think he paid my boss way too much for me. I barely feel like I'm worth that much." She added, her attention going back to the group, especially once they were all given a map. She nodded to all the others. "I'm ready when you all are." Even as she finished speaking,, she remained close to Alexander and Velek.

EdroGrimshell
2010-10-01, 12:01 AM
"Ready when everyone else is, come on Velik."

Tsumeken
2010-10-01, 12:20 AM
((I do traveling rolls in order of morning/noon/night so after rolls here goes))

As you approach the Marshlands the sun begins to set, the calls of night dwelling creatures now fill the air around you.

JelloCat
2010-10-01, 12:25 AM
"My apologies, I thought I was catching a thief not your familiar," mumbles D'Kal in Infernal. "And my apologies to you little one for invading your mind like I did. I was not aware of your noble intentions."

((OOC: Perhaps we should all just speak without colours and only use colours for other languages. We could set up a table in the first post of the OOC thread as to what all the languages and they're corresponding colours are. Just a thought.))

abadguy
2010-10-01, 02:45 AM
((OOC: Ambivalent about JC's suggestion. I do like my magenta text though. Adds that little flavour to my character's speech. Ham is pink after all))

"Hmmm perhaps I should change into something more conservative. Excuse me for just a moment, gentlemen and lady," Selfent says before ducking into some thick foliage.

Hide Check

[roll0]

If you care enough to know what I'm doing and beat my hide check, I've PM-ed my actions to the DM, he can let you know what you see

Selfent emerges from the vegetation, the colour drained from his clothing. He is still in his suit and top hat but it is covered in patches of black and dark green to match the surroundings. His cane is tucked snugly into his cummerbund.

Alth Falath
2010-10-01, 12:40 PM
"At last, discretion," mutters Fash. "So, shall we set up camp for the night, or shall we press on. A little darkness isn't much of a hindrance to me." He looks around, curious to see what the group thinks.

EdroGrimshell
2010-10-01, 12:52 PM
"I can continue on, although I'm not so sure it would be a good idea, darkness is when the beasts are most active, I'd prefer not to face them." He turns to the rest of the party to see if they agree.

VirgoBushin
2010-10-01, 01:57 PM
~Juliana~

Juliana thought a bit about Alex's statement. Another quick look around the group hinted to her she had no idea if any of them could even see well in the dark like she sorta could [low-light] and she didn't know if it would sound too nosy for her to just ask that. "Irregardless of whether we make camp here or move on, I'd think there'd still be a chance for encounters. But...um....my legs are getting kinda tired...." She admitted sheepishly. While the last year of being a human had been nice practice with her legs, it'd been a while since she'd walked this long and had forgotten, prior to now, why she'd hated it.

goken04
2010-10-01, 02:06 PM
"Oh, come on! A little tiff with the local riff-raff around here could be fun!" Formallion chirps up. He stretches his wings and a puff of smoke sneaks out through his nostrils. He looks like he's itching to fight.

abadguy
2010-10-01, 04:01 PM
"Good show Formallion! Much as I enjoy a little rough and tumble, Alexander does have a point about dangers in the dark. Oh I got an idea!" Selfent says as he gathers dead branches and gathers them in a pile.

"Don't let that flame go to waste, light us a campfire!" he said with a beaming smile.

Tsumeken
2010-10-01, 04:26 PM
Velek had been traveling most of the way by hitching a ride on Alex's shoulders but now jumped down to the ground and looked at the surroundings. He began padding around the camp while speaking to his master through his mind. "There is a strange smell around this area master, I think that I shoud scout out a bit as I can see through this darkness."

Hide Check
[roll0]

Alth Falath
2010-10-01, 04:45 PM
"Stay it is. I'll look around too." Fash sneaks around the campsite, checking for possible monsters or signs of creatures.

[roll0] Hide
[roll1] Spot
[roll2] Survival

EdroGrimshell
2010-10-01, 04:50 PM
In regards to Velik's telepathic remark, That's fine, if you find anything interesting stay concealed and come back immediately. Looking to the rest of the party, "Now would be a good time to rest, i'll take watch, i don't need much sleep," he says, fiddling with one of his copper rings.

JelloCat
2010-10-01, 08:55 PM
D'Kal looks curiously at the ring. Tilting his head slightly, "Why is that? Surely you should get some rest, we can set up a rotating watch."

D'Kal finds himself curious about the rings on the man.

Knowledge Arcana: [roll0]
Bardic Knowledge: [roll1]

EdroGrimshell
2010-10-01, 09:06 PM
"My rings are enchanted, although they don't detect as such because of another enchantment, one lets me go without sleep and food the other lets me go without breathing." Alexander explains. "They've helped me greatly."

VirgoBushin
2010-10-01, 09:34 PM
~Juliana~

Juliana had been listening but didn't find it her place to bother Alex about his rings. She'd dislike it if anyone did the same with hers... so she wouldn't be a hypocrite like that. Not that she wasn't curious about them; she just had a different approach of going about it than D'kal obviously did. She noticed her cheeks beginning to turn a bit red again as she began to speak to Alexander, "Um... do you care if I sleep nearby you? I'd...I'd just feel safer...if I could...." She whispered to him, not wanting anyone else to hear her ask what may seem like such a silly question. Now the more logical one was continuing to run through her head... why were her cheeks always turning red? She wasn't ill... was she? No... she was pretty sure she wasn't. So... what was this? One of these days, she'd definitely want an answer to that question.

EdroGrimshell
2010-10-01, 09:44 PM
Alex gives her a smile, "go right ahead," he notices the blush, but doesn't comment, not wishing to make her feel uncomfortable. He himself would have blushed if he was able, but his undead skin and the oil paint he used to disguise how pale it made him unable to.

VirgoBushin
2010-10-01, 10:30 PM
~Juliana~

Juliana gave Alexander a smile. "Thank you...." She murmured, laying her head gently beside his left leg. Her eyes closed as a tired yawn escaped her. Her backpack remained on her shoulders so that if anyone wanted to try to pickpocket her in case Alex did somehow fall asleep would have to cause movement and, more likely than not, wake her up. Her eyes contently closed and she soon fell asleep with little to no problems.

D'Kal:
In regards to your checks, here is what Tsume has to say. You can't remember ever hearing a race in all your travels that doesn't require sleep or eating for that matter, but seeing as he has already had a familiar with him, you deduce that he has some sort of arcane enchantment on either him or one of his possessions as you have heard of rings that could apparently sustain one for days without food or drink.

EdroGrimshell
2010-10-01, 10:50 PM
Alex smiles sadly as everyone falls asleep, it's one thing he misses about living, the ability to sleep, to dream. Why did i choose to become a necropolitan? he asked himself. The benefits of it were great, but he felt the drawbacks outweighed them. He couldn't feel anything anymore, his body was numb, only staying coordinated through his own will and the magic that now animated him.

Tsumeken
2010-10-01, 11:20 PM
As time passes, Velek returns to the camp, bounding in his cat form, taking a moment to look at the sleeping form next to Alex then looking up with a bit of a grin, There seems to be a temple about 50 yards to the east. I was able to get near the entrance but no further as there were guards posted inside and they appear to be a strange type of water-dwelling folk but not Sahaugin.... almost frog-like in appearance. He relayed the telepathic communication as he began circling in one spot before curling himself up, not just yet going to sleep but getting comfortable. The smell from inside was quite unpleasant though, I don't know if I would have gone in or not if I could have.

EdroGrimshell
2010-10-01, 11:28 PM
Frog-like? he looks up a little, trying to remember if her remembered anything of the sort. We'll have to take a look in the morning, or at least after everyone is rested. looking to Juliana, Velik, could you curl up near Juliana, she doesn't have a bedroll and could use the warmth. And she seems to like you more than the rest of our little group.

Knowledge (Religion): [roll0]

To see if i can remember any creation stories of a frog-like race

Tsumeken
2010-10-02, 12:14 AM
Velek smiled coyly at Alex before moving over to Juliana and snuggling next to her, keeping his thoughts to himself this time.

For Alex:
After racking your brain for a moment, you remember hearing of a race of evil frog people that live underground known as Kuo-Toa.

For Everyone Else:
I already rolled encounter rolls for the night and nothing else is going to happen really so unless anyone else wants to do any "nightly" activities, we'll awake in the morning by the next time I get around to posting tomorrow. I'll probably wait till a little after/around noon EST to do so though.

Tsumeken
2010-10-02, 12:31 PM
~8 hours later.....~

You (the group) awake to a misty morning, a low fog has rolled in from the nearby marsh and now blankets the area, reducing visibility but not overly. The morning is cold due to the condensation in the mist and lack of sunlight through the clouds, it is a very gray day. One ting this morning is not though is quiet, the sounds of battle can be heard not but approximately 50 ft from the camp.

goken04
2010-10-02, 12:39 PM
"Gather round quickly, children. Allow me to cast an invocation of protection on you." Formallion says. He casts Endure Exposure on his companions.

EdroGrimshell
2010-10-02, 01:04 PM
"Damn," Alex curses, it was the only one he ever used, "Velik found a temple guarded by Kuo-Toa while you slept," he informs the group, "sounds like someone ran into them. We may be of some help." he begins running towards the noise.

VirgoBushin
2010-10-02, 01:12 PM
~Juliana~

Juliana groaned slightly as she was awakened by what seemed to be mere noise at first. As it became more obvious what it was, however, she quickly sat up and got up on her feet. She did make sure though to be careful not to step on Velek while doing so as she noticed he'd been snuggling with her. Despite her not usually being a close-up fighter, she also didn't want to be alone and she definitely.... didn't want Alex getting hurt? That last part confused her mind... why did that matter so much to her? She shoved the thoughts away for now as she merely ran after Alex, getting ready to sing,, cast some sort of spell, or if need be... both. It would all depend on the situation that was awaiting them.

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-02, 01:53 PM
While everyone is being so rudely awoken you hear a very deep shout. YOU SHALL NOT LIVE PAST THIS DAY!

EdroGrimshell
2010-10-02, 02:10 PM
Alex freezes hearing the voice, then breaks in to a full run shouting, "Cairne!" obviously he knew the guy in the fight.

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-02, 02:16 PM
"I MAY BE A BIG OAF BUT I CAN CUT THROUGH ALL OF YOU FASTER THEN YOU CAN SWING YOUR WEAP.. ALEXANDER!?!"

Tsumeken
2010-10-02, 03:11 PM
((OOC Yay now that we're all here lets get our init on))

All who rush into the battle (and those like Caine already in it)
You see a large red creature wielding a large axe as three frog like creatures continue to prod at it while trying to stay out of range with long polearm-like weapons. Upon closer inspection you see that the large red beast is actually a rather red minotaur, quite rare to see at all but there in the flesh... er... fur. The three creatures appear to be Kuoa-Toa a breed of aquatic dwellers whom are known for dasterdly plots and devices.

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-02, 03:14 PM
"YE DAMNED FOUL BEASTS SHALL REALIZE TODAY WAS A BAD DAY TO FIGHT WANDERERS!"

Initiative
1d20+2

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-02, 03:15 PM
(OOC: Screwed up my roll sorry for double post)
Init Roll
[roll0]

EdroGrimshell
2010-10-02, 03:31 PM
Alexander rushes in, seeing his friend under attack. "Been a while hasn't it Cairne," he says, coming to stand next to him and drawing his scythe.

Initiative: [roll0]

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-02, 03:32 PM
"Four years almost to the day I would believe, DAMN YOU FROG BEASTS, what brings you all the way out here?"

EdroGrimshell
2010-10-02, 03:39 PM
Smiling again despite the danger, "This storm racking the coast, a group was hired and i tagged along. And you?"

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-02, 03:44 PM
"HA! I was on my return journey from killing the bastard Gyorn. Ahh, you still love killing things for the heck of it?" Cairne smiles the whole time he speaks and while he kills things.

EdroGrimshell
2010-10-02, 04:01 PM
"The only time i kill is when they threaten me first," Alexander says looking down the Kuo-Toa, letting go of his control on the negative energy coursing through him, sending black sparks coursing down his right arm, attempting to intimidate the beasts into backing down.

Intimidate: [roll0]

Remember i have Imperious Command and Never Outnumbered allowing me to intimidate all the Kuo-Toa and make them cower for one round before being shaken for another round.

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-02, 04:04 PM
"Things change then eh? Hehe." I would like roar and slam my axe to help Alexanders intimidation attempt.

My modifier is +5
[roll0]

I messed up my modifier is +12 so I really rolled a 21 (That was incase you wanted me to roll)

goken04
2010-10-02, 05:14 PM
Formallion runs head first into battle, drawing his fiery shortspear.

Initiative: [roll0]

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-02, 05:19 PM
Surprised by the short bronze thing running into the battle Cairne stops for a second looking at it, "Is that a bronze kobold? Wait, why is there even a kobold traveling with you?

EdroGrimshell
2010-10-02, 05:40 PM
"Part of the group i tagged along with, not a bad fellow actually"

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-02, 05:42 PM
"If the rest of your group is so odd, Cairne Chuckles as he speaks Then I should fit right in. He barely finishes before letting out a loud bellowing laugh that echoes through the trees, scattering birds nearby.

VirgoBushin
2010-10-02, 05:49 PM
~Juliana~

Juliana quickly glanced between the rather tall... cow? Was that what he was? Well... him and Alex and from the way they were talking,, it seemed like they were going to have another ally, making her happy about this so far. Still, it hadn't quite gotten rid of the fact they were still technically in danger. Her mind raced as she nodded after a bit as what she thought to be at the moment an appopriate song came to her head. She opened her mouth as she began to sing,,

"The times are changing so fast
I wonder how long it lasts
The clock is ticking, time is running out
The hatred fills this Earth
And for what it's worth
We're in the end before we know

Throughout the years
I have struggled to find the answer that
I never knew
It strucked me like a million lightnings
And here I am telling to you

Every second of day it is coming your way
Future unknown it is here to stay
Got to open your mind
or you will be led to astray
There's a time to live
There's a time to die
But no one can escape their Destiny

Look all these things we've done
Under the burning Sun
Is this the way to carry on?
So take a look at yourself
And tell me what do you see
A wolf in clothes of the Lamb?

Throughout the years
I have struggled to find the answer that
I never knew
It strucked me like a million lightnings
And here I am telling to you

Every second of day it is coming your way
Future unknown it is here to stay
Got to open your mind
or you will be led to astray
There's a time to live
There's a time to die
But no one can escape their Destiny

Let your spirit free
Through Window of your Mind
Unchain your Soul from hate
All you need is Faith

I control my Life
I am the One
You control your Life
But don't forget Your Destiny....

It's time to say goodbye
I know it will make you cry
You make your Destiny
I know you'll find the way
And outside the Sun is bright
The things we'll be alright
I will be back one day to you
So please Wait For ME."

She made sure to take her time yet make her words audible so the song would be able to last as long as needed hopefully, in case this should go for a while.

Initiative Check:
[roll0]

Inspire Courage +2 Perform Check:
[roll1]

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-02, 05:51 PM
"By Bahamuts fire, to whom does such a voice belong to?" Cairne has gone from a smile to a look of pure appreciation.

EdroGrimshell
2010-10-02, 05:58 PM
"Juliana, another of my companions, she seems to like Velik." he says, smiling, although he didn't recognize this particular song he loved her singing.

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-02, 06:01 PM
Cairnes look turns back to a steely resolve of war masked by a grin. "Oh Julianna your singing is lovely!" He then flashes a quick thumbs up and a smile back towards who he thinks is Julianna.

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-02, 06:31 PM
(OOC: This is for my turn)

Cairne leaps at one of the frog beasts, the swing of his axe accompanied by a deep roar.

Attack rolls (Going for a double hit :D)
Power attacking on both! Hope they hit!
Attack 1
[roll0]
Critical Chance roll
[roll1]
Damage roll!
[roll2]
Attack 2
[roll3]
Critical Chance 2
[roll4]
Damage roll 2
[roll5]

Alth Falath
2010-10-02, 08:14 PM
Unsheathing his swords, Fash moves towards the nearest Kua-Toa, drawing his scimitars. Smiling grimly, he swings the first blade, hoping for a quick victory.

[roll0] Attack
[roll1] Crit
[roll2] Damage
[roll3] Crit Damage

Tsumeken
2010-10-02, 08:40 PM
Selfent follows quietly behind the others, being more of a support than a main fighter. He observes the battle as it's going on, trying to pick the right moment to strike.

The front line Kuoa-Toa are injured badly with the last one on the left (near the large minotaur) Falling to the expertise of the his blade.

The Kua-Toa in the back [that is not engaged with the Minotaur or gnome] begins chanting in a gargled tone.

Anyone who can speak Aquan (Juliana, Alex, and anyone else):
"Oh great Blibdoolpoolp! Grant us your children's help in our time of need!"

The ground in front of the priest begins to sink into the marsh as a large scaled head erupts through it of a crocodile, though reddish and black in color. It's eyes glow with a sinister intent.

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-02, 08:45 PM
Upon seeing the head "I have seen a great many things in my life but that is surely one of the weirdest!" Cairne looks at it and then returns huis attention to whom he is already fighting.

EdroGrimshell
2010-10-02, 08:47 PM
"Let's end this quickly," Alexander says, swinging his scythe in a deadly arc towards the summoned crocodile.

Attack: [roll0]
Crit: [roll1]
Damage [roll2]

Tsumeken
2010-10-02, 08:58 PM
Seeing as the singing seems to be assisting greatly, Juliana continues doing just that for now. Her hand rests on her longsword should she need to unsheathe it but she does nothing more. Albeit, her eyes do remain on Alexander though she tries to avoid making this too obvious.

[Feeling too lazy to log on as me so posting as Tsume to say my turn.]

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-02, 09:03 PM
(I hope I'm not being intrusive by posting early, if I am I will delete the post)

"Alexander take care of the fish things, I got the croc!" At that Cairne steps forward and brings his axe down aiming it at the Crocodile thing.

Attack 1 (Power attacks again)
[roll0]
Critical Chance
[roll1]
Damage
[roll2]
Attack 2
[roll3]
Critical Chance
[roll4]
Damage
[roll5]

Alth Falath
2010-10-02, 09:17 PM
"Chanter is mine then." Fash tumbles up to the caster. He dances around him, slicing him repeatedly with his swords.

Declare dodge on croc
Activate Dervish Dance
Take 10 on tumble for a 27.

Attacks
[roll0] Attack 1
[roll1] Crit 1
[roll2] Damage
[roll3] Crit Damage

[roll4] Attack 2
[roll5] Crit 2
[roll6] Damage
[roll7] Crit Damage

Mistyped, this is a +10
[roll8] Attack 3
[roll9] Crit 3
[roll10] Damage
[roll11] Crit Damage

Mistyped, this is a +10 and a critical
[roll12] Attack 4
[roll13] Crit 4
[roll14] Damage
[roll15] Crit Damage

JelloCat
2010-10-02, 09:32 PM
Quickly coming up behind the rest of the group D'Kal mutters to himself and raises his hands as two rays streak from him, one burning towards the Kuo-Toa in the back and one towards the creature it has summoned.

(I got ninja'd. I'll shoot anything still alive starting with caster, then croc, then any other Kuo-Toa's.)

Init: [roll0]

Ranged Touch on the Kuo-Toa doing the summoning: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

Ranged touch on the crocodile: [roll3]
Damage: [roll4]

I forgot the bonuses from bardic music so assume those are in effect.

((OOC: Perhaps we should do away with Init and act in the order we respond, obviously allowing everyone to have a turn each round. Combat often gets bogged down in pbp with Init.))

Tsumeken
2010-10-02, 09:51 PM
The caster falls to the ground as the crocidile vanishes in a plume of smoke.

The Guard Kua-Toa tries to hit with his pincher staff against Alex.
(Miss)
[roll4]

Damage Roll: (Ignore)
[roll5]

@JelloCat:
If we're going to do that, then you all will always go first unless from an enemy ambush. However, this also means everyone will definitely need to slow down to avoid double posting AND for everyone to get a chance in a round before the next person posts. I think, however, this should be discussed further in the OOC Thread.

Alight there is one Kuoa-toa left

It's Caine's turn I believe..

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-02, 10:39 PM
(OOC: I'm unsure as to if you want use my last rolls? Or ignore them as double post so I will roll attack anyways)

Cairne jumps bringing his axe down with all the force he can muster!

Could I make a called shot to the head at a -4 penalty?

Called attack Power attack
[roll0]
Damage
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Called attack 2 power attack
[roll4]
Damage
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]

Non called
Attack 1 (PA)
[roll8]
Damage
[roll9]
Attack 2
[roll10]
Damage 2
[roll11]

(Edit: I already factored the -4 into the called shots)

Tsumeken
2010-10-02, 10:46 PM
You tunr the poor frog into paste, some of his entrails splatter hitting nearby players and you (nearby would be the gnome and Alex)

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-02, 10:48 PM
Cairne laughs, "Well I'll be damned, if that wasn't the most fun I've had killing someone in months!", Cairne brushes some blood off his face then turns to Alexander, "Care to introduce me?"

EdroGrimshell
2010-10-02, 10:57 PM
"A little cleaner next time Cairne, good show none the less" Alex says grinning, "Just like old times." he chuckles, then sets to checking the kuo-toa for anything useful, other than their skeletons, he turns when Cairne mentions introductions, "Cairne, i'd like you to meet Juliana, Falsh, Formalion, D'kal, and Selfent. Everyone, my old friend Cairne."

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-02, 10:59 PM
"Ehehe, yea, yea it is. Want some help there?" If yes Cairne helps search the bodies if no Cairne proceeds to cut the heads off the remaining two.

VirgoBushin
2010-10-02, 11:01 PM
~Juliana~

Juliana had just finished her song as she saw the newcomer literally covered in blood. It was a stranger sight to see... and yet she couldn't seem to make herself look away. She bowed her head respectfully to him. It was her silent "Thank you" for the compliments he'd given her earlier. Not that she hadn't heard them.... but if she had stopped singing,, so would the benefits she was giving Alex and the others.

EdroGrimshell
2010-10-02, 11:04 PM
"Velik, can you scout while we secure the area? I want to know if anyone heard that and if we have to deal with a larger force." Alex says in the precise language you all heard him use earlier.

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-02, 11:06 PM
Upon seeing the young lady stare at the blood and then bow, he nudges Alex and points with his horn as if asking, "Is that Julianna?", to which Alexander nods. He then walks over and introduces himself. "You must be Julianna, whos beautiful singing I heard earlier. I am Cairne, before you ask, yes I am half beast." With that he gently grasps Julianna right shoulder with his left hand and overs his right hand.

VirgoBushin
2010-10-02, 11:14 PM
~Juliana~

Juliana smiled up as the man introduced himself as Cairne. "Ah...nice to meet you." Again, her cheeks flushed slightly crimson upon hearing his words. "Well....I don't think it's that good...but..thank you." She finally said, taking his hand shake offer. "In truth.... I don't judge by others' appearance. This may sound rather silly... but I don't believe anything to be truly evil lest you prove it in some form or fashion.....like they did." She said, nodding her head to the now deceased Kua-Toa. "But... that could go for anything that is normally deemed as evil... Drow.... Undead.... People of those races I don't judge by mere looks; only personality." She stopped and paused, going over her words as she looked down a bit before looking Cairne back in his eyes. "That probably sounds really silly huh?" She finally asked.

Velek merely nodded as he began to head out and scout around. Telepathically, he spoke to Alex, I'm going to try to remain near the temple entrance so I can see if more do indeed come here. Nonetheless, I will inform you of anything I see or hear. With that, he continues to scout around.

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-02, 11:21 PM
"No, it doesn't sound silly. Although you misinterpreted what I meant by half beast, I meant it in a way that I am half beast through my ancestry not through my actions. But they can be a deciding factor in such things." Cairne Chuckles "You judge yourself too harshly, you have a really beautiful voice!" Cairne turns "Alexander, come on over here!"

Alth Falath
2010-10-02, 11:23 PM
"Greetings." Fash says. He looks into the temple. "Shall we continue?"

VirgoBushin
2010-10-02, 11:35 PM
~Juliana~

Juliana shook her head no. "Actually, I did understand exactly what you meant. I may have worded it badly though...." She said, looking upward as if silently trying to ask herself the answer to that question. Her gaze went down as she heard him call Alex over here, making her cheeks get even redder. H-huh?! Wh..what's he doing? Remembering the two were friends, she tried not to think anything of it. After a quick glance around, she notices that some have already headed towards the temple. "Um...should we walk and talk?" She suggested to Cairne.

EdroGrimshell
2010-10-02, 11:36 PM
Hearing Juliana's view on creatures and evil the faintest glimmer of hope ignites in his soul.

Hearing Cairne call, Alex walks over from looting the Kuo-Toa, trying to think of anything else that may come in handy, "you called." he asks jovially, a smile on his face. He nods to Juliana as well "not many people take well to him."

Alexander, then turns to Fash, "I have Velik scouting, it would be best to know what lies ahead before rushing headlong into a fight, that's how i met Cairne here, he literally ran into me."

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-02, 11:39 PM
"Aye, I called ya. I was wondering if perhaps you two could explain to me what you all are doing this far from anything worth visiting, especially in this weather." He then understands what Alex has said about people not taking kindly to him "Oh yes, When you look like I do most attempt to kill you on sight, Alex almost made the same mistake, but then we realized we were both running from the same enemy."

EdroGrimshell
2010-10-02, 11:44 PM
Alex tosses a quick glance at Cairne, that was enough to arouse suspicion towards him, why be persecuted if he was only human? "I came out here because of some problems back in the town we were staying at," he said, slightly emphasizing the word problems, a cue to Cairne meaning they figured out about his unlife.

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-02, 11:48 PM
"Oh, well that's a good reason to be up here. Care for a cherry tomato? Cairne opens his hand to reveal four egg sized tomatoes.

VirgoBushin
2010-10-02, 11:52 PM
~Juliana~

Juliana felt her heart sink at Alex's words. "That's very unfortunate. No one should have to be assumed to be bad just because they are different." As Cairne spoke, her head tilted. Did he mean to ask what they were all sent here for? "Well... in truth, Alex sorta bought me my freedom. I...probably shouldn't be technically. I was working at a bar as a singer there but he allowed me the ability to join this group. We were sent to check out what's been going on with the unusual weather patterns... assuming you were asking what we were sent out here for in the first place that is." Then again, she couldn't think of many other things he would be speaking about. Or was she just missing something? Either way, she'd find out soon she supposed. Albeit, given the way Cairne was speaking of Alex, she could tell they'd been friends for quite a while and, to her, she considered them lucky. The only ones she'd used to have were the ones she was forced to leave.

EdroGrimshell
2010-10-02, 11:53 PM
"Velik might once he returns, but I've lost my liking for them. Besides, i prefer them in salads," Alex had found he retained his ability to eat and drink as he had in life, with no side effects, he could even taste the foods, but he found they usually left him with an uncomfortable feeling in his stomach, so he usually refrained from eating or drinking.

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-02, 11:58 PM
Detecting the sadness in her voice he kneels down so as to be at face level. "Yes miss, you have assumed correctly, but don't worry, one such as me is accustomed to these things. He then places a small heart sahped sapphire in her hand." He then stands and turns, "Is Velik still the over active trouble making cat he once was?"

VirgoBushin
2010-10-03, 12:04 AM
~Juliana~

Juliana gasped as the sapphire was placed in her hand. "But....this was yours! You.... you really didn't have to..." She said, obviously hinting she wasn't usually spoiled... or at least hadn't been in years. Finally, she turned to Alex as she heard him mention he didn't want to eat and frowned, "You didn't really sleep last night that I knew of... nor ate. That can't be good for you. Please take his offer." She said, her voice remaining gentle yet hinting she was now worried for him as her eyes remained upon Alex's, her hand slowly closing around the sapphire Cairne had given her.

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-03, 12:06 AM
"It's okay Juliana, it was my mothers but she is long since past.", Cairne turns to Alex, "she's right", but he signals to mouth it by putting one in his mouth and under his tongue. He then stands looking at Juliannas eyes, noting the slight hint of sadness behind her hazel eyes.

EdroGrimshell
2010-10-03, 12:09 AM
"A bit less mean about it but yes, he's still the little trublemaker you knew, although not quite as sticky fingered as before." Alex says, "though you probably wouldn't recognize him in his true form, he's changed a lot in that respect."

He then smiles to Juliana, "alright," he says taking the tomato before eating it, This is going to be a bit uncomfortable later. he gives the slightest indication to Cairne, he knew he could eat, and often did, but that some things, particularly acidic foods, could cause more discomfort than others. He could at least bare it, for her sake.

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-03, 12:17 AM
Cairne nods in reply, confirming that he understands. "I think we should sit and rest for a few minutes. With that he pulls out his bag of tricks picks out a ball of fur and tosses it into an open spot.

Animal check
[roll0]

55 Means a lion appears.

VirgoBushin
2010-10-03, 12:19 AM
~Juliana~

Juliana smiled to both Cairne and Alex as he finally ate. "Thank you." She said, though her words did apply to both. She gently put the sapphire away in her belt pouch, making sure it didn't break any of her potions or ruin her scrolls. As the two continued speaking,, she couldn't help but notice Alex seemed....pensive? Yes, that seemed like a good word to use and while she was very curious what he was thinking about, she reminded herself it wasn't her affairs. True she had a spell that could answer that question... but in the end, she decided not to use it on him. She still yet to understand why her cheeks continued to get red, especially when near Alex. They weren't at the moment... albeit she was unusually happy when around him, more so than she'd been in a while. There had to be something about him because no one else had made her feel this way.... ever. Even with her own parents, she'd never been this happy.

Upon hearing Cairne's suggestion, she sat in between the two, agreeing that it sounded like a nice idea. She waited to see if Alex was about to be stubborn about this also or not.

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-03, 12:20 AM
The lion unravels from a small ten fuzzball, into a full grown lion, it roars then looks at me, realizing me to be it's master and walks over, laying down beside where I'm sitting. "The good thing about this bag, I can never go without a friend." Cairne then proceeds to scratch the lions stomach causing it to roll over on it's back.

EdroGrimshell
2010-10-03, 12:24 AM
"We should at least wait for Velik to return with what he found, in the meantime," he went over to a nearby tree, sat and closed his eyes, letting his body relax for the first time in a while "i'm going to meditate" he stated, this was how he cleared his head, and sorted out everything on his mind. It was as close to sleep as he could get.

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-03, 12:29 AM
Cairne looks over, lets out a quiet laugh and then throws a stick for the lion to chase. "So Juliana, do you mind my asking about where you come from?"

(OOC: Yes I'm having my lion chase a stick)

VirgoBushin
2010-10-03, 12:37 AM
~Juliana~

Juliana looked up over at Alex. She was still dead concerned and though she was trying to keep it from being too obvious, something told her that wasn't working too well. Deciding she herself would rest up while she had the chance, she allowed her own eyes to close as she began allowing her own body to relax. Maybe... in order to allow Alex to gain her trust more... perhaps she should reveal her own secret? Probably later, when the two were completely alone but nonetheless she nodded at the idea, agreeing it sounded fair to her. Her eyes quickly opened upon hearing Cairne's question, "Uh....um....it's sorta complicated...." She merely said, realizing that was another she'd need to do; figure out a better bluff for questions like that.

~5 Minutes Later.....~

Velik returns, waiting next to Alex, shaking condensation off his fur before jumping up to his shoulder and whispering to his ear, "There are a few more inside. I couldn't get too far. The floor gets wet after a while... about ankle high for you."

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-03, 12:40 AM
Cairne leans over whispering "You're concerned about him?" He then goes back to sitting and directs the lion over to Alex, it sit's beside him watching cautiously. "I understand, the past can be a hard thing to bring up" The lion notices Velik jump up and is about to react but stops short noticing Cairne shake his head.

EdroGrimshell
2010-10-03, 12:46 AM
Alex nods, slightly, acknowledging his familiar, "There are definitely more of these things in the temple, seems to be a temple to the Kuo-Toa god. Its also wet in there, i'm guessing we'll be going underwater at one point or another, as that's a Kuo-Toa's prefered habitat." He doesn't open his eyes and remains seated even as he says so. "Careful around the lion, they bite."

VirgoBushin
2010-10-03, 12:50 AM
~Juliana~

Juliana was...needless to say....amazed he'd taken the bluff. A lot of her had expected him to not believe it and push for answers. Never before had she been so glad to be wrong.. She gave Cairne a silent nod, hinting she was indeed very worried for Alex. As Alex spoke, she saw Velik had returned, making her smile as she quietly crawled beside Velik and slowly began petting him. Her eyes went to Alex as she continued petting Velik, "Should we head out now or do you want to keep resting a bit more?" Especially as he brought up the fact that swimming would be required, a good part of her realized it might be easier for her to soon take her ring off. Soon..... just not yet She reminded herself.

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-03, 12:54 AM
Cairne notes that Juliana moves toward Alex and Velik and so he himself stands, he holds open a bag and waves the lion over, it runs and jumps at the bag turning into a ball of fuzz in midair and disappearing into the bag. "I have a problem with, ugh swimming. My armor isn't the lightest." He knocks on his armor, "Anyone got a solution?"

EdroGrimshell
2010-10-03, 12:55 AM
"It would be better if we had another few minutes, meditation helps clear my head, much the same way as elves with their trances," he states, he lets his mind drift a bit longer, debating internally with himself, before deciding to speak with Cairne to get his opinion. It would be easy to pass off his skill in water to his ring, but how long would that bluff last? Certainly not forever, especially in this particular group.

"Someone should have a spell for waterbreathing, we were planning on going after sahuagin. But as you know, my talents are not the best for that."

VirgoBushin
2010-10-03, 01:13 AM
~Juliana~

Juliana went over everything she had on her at the moment. After a bit, she finally spoke, "I, myself, can actually swim pretty well. If need be, I can go on ahead and scope further ahead then come back and give some type of report. I don't really have any way to make swimming easier for you, unfortunately, Cairne. But... I do have several spells that should impede, in some form or fashion, any more Kua-Toas we'll encounter." She was slightly amazed to hear Alex knew how to swim also. The only other people she knew that could were other merfolk like herself....so....was he one? The mere possibility made her smile though something told her the answer was no. He could easily just be a really skilled person.... the way he was able to handle his weapon so well was proof of that.

After a bit more thinking,, she slowly stood up as she finished petting Velik. She nodded, reassuring herself of her idea as she spoke again, "I'm going to go on and do my scoping now." Without another word, she turned and headed to the temple, remembering everything Alex had relayed to them that, she guessed, Velik had mentioned.

As she got there, she noted the entrance had no guards and guessed the ones they'd fought earlier were the same that used to be there. Pushing herself up against one of the walls, she began trying to proceed further whilst being quiet and stealthy about it all the same.

Hide Check:
[roll0]

Move Silently Check:
[roll1]

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-03, 01:13 AM
Cairne laughs "Yea, they aren't the best for that." Cairne walks over to look at the temple. "Damned waste of architecture, *sighs* Halsey would have loved it."

EdroGrimshell
2010-10-03, 01:17 AM
Velik, if you'd please go with her. Either your natural or raven form would be appropriate.

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-03, 01:18 AM
Cairne has a hint of sadness in his eyes as he stares at the temple, a view only seen on the rarest of occasions, Alex is the only living person to have seen it, on that day four years ago.

Tsumeken
2010-10-03, 01:28 AM
For Every In or Going to The Temple:
The inside is dimly lit by torch light along the walls. The walls themselves are covered in moss and vines. Refractions of light reflect off of the water on the ground. It seems to be seeping in through the walls from the surrounding marsh. The passage continues straight for 50 feet, gradually sloping downward until the water reaches at least 6 inches deep and then splits at a T, going east or west.

Velik transforms into a raven, flying after Juliana, landing on her shoulder when he finally does find her. In this form it would be easier for him to get back and forth between people.

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-03, 01:32 AM
Assuming Julianna is inside Cairne walks upto the entrance looking in, he draws his axe and then waves the rest of the party over. (To himself) *sigh* Time to go I geuss.

VirgoBushin
2010-10-03, 01:41 AM
~Juliana~

Juliana jumped slightly at the feel of a raven perched on her shoulder now. Instincts told her Velik had a lot more than met the eye and assumed, for now, it was only him. It made sense when she figured Alex could easily ask him to seek her out. She looked downward at the water, staring at it a bit before shaking her head no. It wouldn't be deep enough for her to worry just yet. Holding her hands out to her sides so she wouldn't lose her balance, she slowly began walking across. She stopped at the T though in case either Alex or Cairne showed up soon. She didn't want to get too far ahead.

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-03, 01:45 AM
Upon seeing Juliana stop Cairne knocks on the wall loud enough for her to hear but quiet enough as to not echo throughout the whole temple.

abadguy
2010-10-03, 06:46 AM
Selfent moves to follow Juliana stealthily.

Move Silently

[roll0]

Hide

[roll1]

Reaching the T, he observes down each junction intently in silence.
Spot

Taking 10 if poss for 21
Otherwise
[roll2]

EdroGrimshell
2010-10-03, 08:49 AM
Alexander stands then moves down the hall, stopping next to Cairne, before anyone else comes down the hall, "What do you think about Juliana?" he whispers, gazing down the hallway.

Tsumeken
2010-10-03, 09:55 AM
Anyone at the T-Junction and Alex (Due to Velek's Telepathy):
To the east it only goes 20 feet before opening into a large circular area. It is at least 30 feet in diameter and appears to be some sort of well as the ground suddenly disappears in the room itself, leading into a large watery chasm. You can't tell how deep it is from just looking down it. To the west the passage continues for 30 feet before the ground raises itself out of the water in a set of stairs that lead to a wooden door. The door itself looks rotted, possibly from years of condensation.

Selfent:
The rocks along the walls of the T-junction are incredibly smooth, probably from times when this temple is flooded. 10 feet to the west, you notice something shining in the water that could easily be missed due to all the torch light reflecting.. It appears to be a small set of metal spikes that hide just beneath the water's surface to catch anyone unaware.

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-03, 11:24 AM
Do you want my opinion on her? Or do you want to know what I think of what shes doing right now?

EdroGrimshell
2010-10-03, 11:28 AM
"Your opinion. I feel i may be able to trust her as i trust you," he said, the hint at telling his secret obvious to Cairne but not to anyone that may be listening in, "I'd like to know if you agree."

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-03, 11:32 AM
Cairne stops for a moment, thinking. "Well, she's got a spark in herself, for you." Cairne turns to face Alexander, "I realize how hard it is to reveal these things, you never know what the person will do, but if you think she's ready, then you should.", With that Cairne pats Alex on the back, smiling.

EdroGrimshell
2010-10-03, 12:50 PM
"I'll hold off a bit longer, if only to get to know her better." he says, nodding to Cairne

VirgoBushin
2010-10-03, 12:59 PM
~Juliana~

As Juliana heard a soft knock, she turned and saw Cairne had arrived. As she turned back around to look toward the T-junction, she almost jumped as she saw Selfent beside her now. When he'd gotten there or how long he'd been there didn't seem to matter; just the fact he was. As she looked at both paths, she finally turned towards Selfent, "What do you think? One path seems to be more made for people used to land and the other for water." While it was true most of the group would probably end up taking the west path, the east was one she herself, if nothing else, would want to check out. As she checked and saw out of the corner of her eyes, she did note that Alex was now beside Cairne. Though she didn't hear, she did also see he was speaking with him. Her eyes remained on Selfent as she waited for his opinion.

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-03, 01:49 PM
"That is your choice Alex". Cairne looks out of the temple, then back in. "Want to head down?"

EdroGrimshell
2010-10-03, 02:04 PM
Alex nods and moves forward with Cairne, "I think we should investigate the water tunnel, the Kuo-Toa are an aquatic race and would likely be down there. I have a means of surviving underwater and would be more than willing to go."

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-03, 02:09 PM
"Yea,I'll keep guard out here if it gets too deep, make sure none of them escape, hehe." Cairne proceeds to walk down the hallway, when he gets to the T he taps Juliana on the shoulder, informing her of his presence.

Alth Falath
2010-10-03, 02:13 PM
"I'm also prepared for aquatic adventures, and it does have better odds of solving this mystery." Fash begins to clean his swords as he waits, making sure that there is no gore left to rust his lucky blades.

VirgoBushin
2010-10-03, 02:53 PM
~Juliana~

As Juliana felt a tap on her shoulder, she turned and saw Alex, Cairne, and Fash all ready. "I'm taking it an idea has been planned? The west passage looks like an easier route... but perhaps because of that, we should east first then see if there ends up being a way to end up in the west?" She suggests, her eyes remaining mainly on Alex as she makes her idea. "I....have my ways of making certain things like spells and songs work underwater so if anything is awaiting below, I can still give support despite the normal hindrances I'd have to worry about." She waited to see not just what they had already thought of before approaching her, but also to hear what they thought of her idea.

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-03, 03:04 PM
Cairne nods, he has a blank look on his face. "I must say that the west seems easier to me, I'm not very good at swimming in all this heavy armor.", Cairne grabs a tomato and eats it. "We could split up? I could probably take mulltiple of these frog beasts by myself."

EdroGrimshell
2010-10-03, 03:24 PM
"I agree about the water, and with splitting up, the group that has trouble with the water would go up, while the rest of us go down. It also increases the likelyhood of us finding something." Velik, you should go with Cairne, take orders from him until i return.

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-03, 03:29 PM
Cairne turns toward the stairs, "I just need a fellow who can heal me, and then we can clear what I presume is the second floor." He nods, then turns, "I say we all meet up here when we finish?"

goken04
2010-10-03, 03:45 PM
Formallion catches up with the group, looking down the eastward path. "Oo, I'd love to go for a swim about now!" He says in his squeaky Kobold voice. He heads down the Eastward path and begins swimming with ease.

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-03, 03:50 PM
Cairne notices the Kobold, "He seems a little odd."

EdroGrimshell
2010-10-03, 04:11 PM
"Not as bad as that gnome barkeep two years ago," Alex comments, "Better go after him, see ya." he walks down the hall to the pool, keeping his senses open as he walks and searches for anything out of place.

Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]
Search: [roll2]

Nat 20 search

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-03, 04:12 PM
Cairne turns and walks over to the stairs, "Another tedious slaughter fest, all by my lonesome"

Edro, you see absolutely nothing, not even the temple your in (Nice spot check fail XD)

VirgoBushin
2010-10-03, 05:17 PM
~Juliana~

Juliana quickly sets her backpack and belt pouch down, not wanting to swim with it as it had many valuables, most of which couldn't afford to get wet lest she were to ruin them all completely. After finding a ledge where she could hide them, she dove after Alex, as she continued going toward the east passage. She was unable to help but smile a bit as the water covered her entire body. It'd been a while since she'd been able to do this and it felt nice. Her sword remained at her side. She resurfaced for a bit, taking her Ring of Landwalking off and putting it around the chain which held her pendant, allowing her tail/fin to finally show. "Much better...." She murmured as she dove back under, resuming catching up with Alex. This way, she'd still be able to search but would also be able to remain under water longer. As she caught up, she began helping him look to see what, if anything,, was underneath here.

Search Check:
[roll0]

Spot Check:
[roll1]

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-03, 05:20 PM
Cairne notices Juliana hide her backpack and belt pouch, and so he decides to be gentlemanly and carry it, he actually justs put it inside his own as his and empty, and large enough (being about a quarter size larger then a normal backpack). He then walks up the stairs and tests the handle on the wooden door.

Tsumeken
2010-10-03, 06:21 PM
Cairne:
Make a strength check for when you turn the door.

Anyone Under/In the Water:
The water is cold (duh) as you enter into the murky depths. It feels strange... not just for one or two of you but all of you as you start your journey through the water passage. When you reach the bottom, which is 60 feet down, you are greeted with the sight of a large circular hall leading forward. Your vision clouds at about 50 feet when the water gets very deep. Before that, though, you can spot glints of metal along the bottom of the hallway where discarded coins have come to rest. The ceiling hangs with greenery, mainly algae and hanging water weeds that like vines seem to sway from the ceiling.. Some of those vines contain within them the remains of others who apparently have tried to make this journey but failed, their skin preserved by the water of the swamp due to it's cold nature.

Juliana:
On your way down, you spot small openings about 3 feet wide in the sides of the well, too small for a normal person to get through.

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-03, 06:25 PM
I never intended to open it, just check if it's locked, I always intended to kick it open.
Strength check for bashing the door down
[roll0]

Cairne gives a mighty kick into the center of the door, (hopefully sending it crashing into the next room)

JelloCat
2010-10-03, 06:30 PM
Walking quickly to catch up to Cairne D'Kal calls out, "I'll come with you. This is no place to be alone." After the bull-man had kicked the door D'Kal continues, "So how long have you and Alex known each other?"

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-03, 06:32 PM
"It's nice to know I won't destroy everything with no one to see, hehehe", He looks back, "A long many years."

EdroGrimshell
2010-10-03, 06:40 PM
Alexander looks around quickly, once he hits the bottom. Once he sees Juliana his eyes widen slightly, she's a mermaid, well that's not what i expected. Not the time for that, why didn't i learn to cast spells without speaking? Alex, after letting things sink in, he looks at the holes in the walls thinking.

JelloCat
2010-10-03, 06:46 PM
"I was curious about his rings. Do you know how he got them? He mentioned what they did but not much else. I've never heard of such magic before. The one that allows him to go without food I've heard of but never on that allowed one to forfeit sleep, it must be powerful magic. Funny that I didn't pick up any magic aura's from it though." D'Kal trails off as he glances at Cairne. "Must be powerful magic indeed."

VirgoBushin
2010-10-03, 06:47 PM
~Juliana~

Even while Juliana was under the water, she felt her cheeks warm up again as she noticed Alexander's reaction to her true form.... though it wasn't nearly as obvious compared to when she had been on land. Due to having been able to have trained herself so that her singing and spells would both work here, she moved her hands and began speaking in Aquan as she began casting a spell to see if there were any hidden passages here.

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-03, 06:48 PM
Cairne looks down at D'Kal, "Aye it's very powerful magic.". He steps into the room, "Not something to dabble in without proper skill"

JelloCat
2010-10-03, 06:51 PM
"Hmmm...I'm sure it's not. Fortunately I'm a bit of an expert in these things. Perhaps I'll ask him about it later, once we've met back up."

Tsumeken
2010-10-03, 06:55 PM
Cairne:
As you test the door with you foot, you find it to be a poor make as your foot goes through the rotted door.

Juliana:
Your senses pick up as you try to detect a secret door. You feel like there is something nearby... not immediately here but there you do feel like something is hidden.

Alexander:
Far in the back, more than your arm could reach, you see a button that could be pushed in.

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-03, 06:57 PM
Cairne curses under his breath, DAMN DOOR!, Cairne then proceeds to charge and body check the door
[roll0]

VirgoBushin
2010-10-03, 06:57 PM
~Juliana~

As Juliana felt the effects of her spell, she allowed her eyes to close. It tended to help her concentrate a lot more, especially during times like this that she needed to maintain focus. Her eyes remained shut all the while she tried to keep her focus.

Concentration Check:
[roll0]

EdroGrimshell
2010-10-03, 07:03 PM
Alex walks to Juliana, trying to see if he could speak underwater, "Juliana, Formalion, Fash, i found something," he points, over towards the button, he found.

Tsumeken
2010-10-03, 07:16 PM
Cairne & D'Kal:
As you bust through the door, you enter into a room. The ground itself is covered with sitcks and leaves from the outside gathered into a big bunch in the opposite corner where a tree has made it's way into the temple by curling one of it's branches through the stone. Under the branch is an interesting pile of sticks and rubble which in it sit three rather large eggs. A busted out wall to the north acts as if some unnatural cave. An archway to the north leads to another room. Some of the ceiling seems to have fallen as well, creating a bunch of rubble in the middle of the room.

(To reiterate, here's a layout of the room... the room is 30x30 ft. long.. In the south is a small cave knocked into the wall that's too dark to see at your current distance. In the southeast wall is a pile of sticks and debris holding three eggs. To the north is a way to other rooms.)

Juliana:
You detect the door in the middle of all of the holes.

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-03, 07:19 PM
I would like to walk into the middle of the room and look both into the cave and the north rooms

I can see the cave from the door 60ft darkvision :D
SPOT CHECK!
[roll0]

VirgoBushin
2010-10-03, 07:26 PM
~Juliana~

Juliana's eyes opened as Alexander speaks then notices him pointing to the same place she detected the door. She thought a bit before nodding slowly, "Hm...interesting.. Same place my Detect Secret Doors located the door... must be connected somehow. Maybe the handle of your scythe can reach it?" She suggested, figuring if it failed, she could try her longsword. Or, if absolutely nothing else, the kobold could fit through the hole.

EdroGrimshell
2010-10-03, 07:30 PM
Alex nods, then extends his scythe to press the button, "I seriously hope this isn't a trap."

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-03, 07:33 PM
Cairne looks angry around, first a door he can't bust open, now a choice between crushing eggs, exploring caves, and exploring a temple. So Cairne walks over to the eggs.

Tsumeken
2010-10-03, 07:48 PM
Cairne:
You begin walking over towards the eggs. You hear something that sounds like a gargling sound coming from the cave as an Avian creature leaps out of the cave and towards your face, squawking at you as it tries to bite you. You hear a loud grinding noise coming from the way the others had left.

Attack Hit (Miss):
[roll0]

Damage (Ignore):
[roll1]

D'Kal:
As the large red Minotaur moves towards the eggs, a small reptilian looking like bird leaps from the cave towards his face, biting and squawking while a second one runs out trying to get between you and the Minotaur. It squawks at you and flaps it's wings, trying to look bigger. You hear a loud grinding noise coming from the way the others had left.

Alexander & Juliana:
As Alex hits the button with the butt of his scythe, a loud grinding noise can be heard. The wall begins sliding away, revealing a large circular door. The only thing in it is a large indent shaped like a circle but with a small rectangle at the bottom of it. It seems to be a keyhole of some sort.

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-03, 07:55 PM
"What the DAMNis this thing! Nothing attacks me without being prepared to get chopped up"

Attack 1
[roll0]
Damage 1
[roll1]
Attack 2
[roll2]
Damage 2
[roll3]

JelloCat
2010-10-03, 07:59 PM
Seeing the bird creature attack Cairne, D'Kal lifts his hand and two beams of light slice through the air towards the bird in front of him.

((If the bird closest to me is right in front of me then I will take a 5' step back. If it isn't then I won't))

Touch Attack against bird closest to me: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Touch Attack against same: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]

VirgoBushin
2010-10-03, 08:03 PM
~Juliana~

A sigh of relief escaped Juliana as the new door now was shown to them. She swam up to it then looked at the keyhole of sorts, tilting her head. "Hm.... there's probably something here that should act as the key." She said, ensuring her voice was loud enough to be heard as she began to swim around and look out for anything that looked the same shape as the keyhole did.

Search check:
[roll0]

Spot check:
[roll1]

Tsumeken
2010-10-03, 08:11 PM
Juliana
You notice the nearest thing that looks like a key for the door is on the ground a bit further into the circular hallway. A skull.

Caine and D'Kal
Caine slashes through the reptilian bird easily, splitting it in two. As D'kal's beams of light hit the second it squawks in protest as it shows the burn marks but it is even more enraged at the large bull who has just flayed it's mate as it runs at him in a attempt to bite his leg.

[roll0] Miss
[roll1]

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-03, 08:14 PM
"STOP TRYING TO BITE ME!"

Called shot (both attacks)
Attack one
[roll0]
Damage 1
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
Attack 2
[roll4]
Damage 2
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]

VirgoBushin
2010-10-03, 08:19 PM
~Juliana~

Juliana whimpered slightly. While she had nothing against undead as people... it was a whole different concept of feeling as if she were degrading the body... or former body part rather... by using it like this. Well... it... has to be done.... She reassured herself, nodding slowly as she picked it up slowly, whimpering again as she swam over to the keyhole, sliding the skull in. "Hopefully this will work..." She murmured, swimming beside Alex and gently holding onto his arm, glad she wasn't here alone.

EdroGrimshell
2010-10-03, 08:23 PM
"Hopefully," he echoes.

JelloCat
2010-10-03, 08:33 PM
((I'm going to assume that the bird is now dead.))

Walking over to the corpse D'Kal crouches down and inspects it before inspecting the eggs.

Knowledge Nature for the birds, [roll0]
If there's a more relevant knowledge that I have assume I rolled that, I just figured it'd be nature.
Bardic knowledge for birds, [roll1]

Know. Nature to see if the eggs belong to the birds and how close they are to hatching, [roll2]
Bardic Knowledge for same, [roll3]
Also to see if any money can be made off the creatures or eggs.

Tsumeken
2010-10-03, 08:35 PM
Cairne & D'Kal:
Your axe mercilessly chops up the chickity-chicken effortlessly. Feathers and entrails fly everywhere. It seems that wherever you go can't help but be a bovine blender. The room now falls silent as the squawking has ceased.

D'Kal:
Your knowledge of nature seems to have no effect against this critter. If anything it seems to be a crime against nature. These chickens appear to be both male and female with leathery wings and reptilian scaled tails with feathers popmarking parts of their bodies. They look like a cross between a bunch of different animals. Your knowledge nature, however, does help you assume the eggs do belong to the creatures with how quick they were to defend them. The eggs look as if they are still months from hatching and will most likely die without the parents.

Juliana & Alex:
A loud Bang! resounds. As the door begins sliding away, something strange begins happening. Some of the water begins draining. Instead of being 60 feet below water, you now only seem to be 30. It appears any way back-tracking up the well has been cut off.

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-03, 08:37 PM
"HAHAHAHA, another splatter. I think I have problems" Cairne walks over to the eggs, picking one up and examining it

VirgoBushin
2010-10-03, 08:45 PM
~Juliana~

Juliana screamed as the bang resounded, moving her body closer to Alex's. "S-sorry....I...don't really like sudden, loud noises like that..." She explained, looking around once everything had ceased. It seemed that for now they were either stuck here or forced to go through the newly revealed path. "Guess...we have to go through huh?" She said, swallowing nervously as she gently continued holding onto Alex's arm.

EdroGrimshell
2010-10-03, 08:46 PM
"It's alright. Looks like it," Alex says, looking up, "I am starting to dislike our choice of splitting up." Alex's gaze keeps drifting to Juliana, holding his arm, then he sighed, "After this little veture is over remind me to tell you about a mistake i made when i was young."

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-03, 08:47 PM
"Ugh, what the hell is the place?"
Bag of tricks time!
[roll0]

A tan furry ball shoots out of the bag, expanding in mid air into a fully grown lion.

goken04
2010-10-03, 08:48 PM
Formallion looks wearily up the well as the water recedes.
"UH-oh. Well, if we need to get up, I can fly up and go get the others. I'm sure someone has a rope.

VirgoBushin
2010-10-03, 08:57 PM
~Juliana~

Juliana tilted her head in curiosity. A mistake he made when he was younger? He didn't seem that old to her though that very well may have just been her. Nonetheless, she nodded and finally the kobold spoke, making her jump a bit... well jump as best as she could with her fin. She looked over and thought on his offer before nodding. "Th...that might...be best. Me and Alex can probably wait here for you to find the others." She was definitely unsure of the idea of splitting up too and, actually, feared now becoming more separated from the others. Plus....secretly....she sorta wanted to be alone anyways and this would be one good way. Not that she liked being scared and nervous like this...but still it was better than nothing.

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-03, 08:59 PM
(OOC: I remember I have Alexs Familiar)

Cairne turns his head, looking at Velik "You might want to clean the blood off of yourself"

EdroGrimshell
2010-10-03, 09:04 PM
"I agree, it would probably be best if you take Fash, don't want to be caught alone. We'll wait here for your return." he then whispers to Juliana, "Guess i can tell you about it now if we're going to have some privacy."

goken04
2010-10-03, 09:08 PM
"Okie dokie!" Formallion flies up the well and lands in the hallway. He heads Westward to go find the others. When he reaches Cairne and the others, he tells them what happened.

"Alex, Juliana and Fash are stuck in a well. We hit a switch that lowered the water. Do any of you have some rope? We decided we regretted splitting up." Formallion flashes a toothy grin.

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-03, 09:09 PM
Cairne turns, and then laughs, "did Alexander mess up again?" He then starts walking toward the well, while pulling rope out from a side pouch of his backpack, and pulling a blanket off the top. Upon arriving at the well Cairne looks down, "Did someone call for a rescue party?" He then throws down one end of the silk rope and grasps the other end. (This is after Julianas conversation with Alex)

VirgoBushin
2010-10-03, 09:13 PM
~Juliana~

Juliana nodded again to Alexander then finally looked at him. "What do you mean exactly?" She asked gently, sitting on a rock beside him now that the water had gone down a bit in elevation. She maintained eye contact with him as she gently held onto his arm, patiently awaiting an explanation regarding what he'd meant. Even as she looked him up and down, she couldn't immediately see or think of any mistakes he could have possibly made.... though then again she was never one to just judge others either.

EdroGrimshell
2010-10-03, 09:35 PM
When Formallion leaves Alex turns to Juliana, "I must ask you not to interrupt until i finish," and with that, he begins his story, "You may not believe it, but i'm actually in my thirties now, i was eighteen when it happened. I'm a natural born necromancer, i was given a black gift from some dark god or goddess. I was contacted by similar people, the only difference was they were undea, necropolitans. They offered me the chance to become like them, and i took it. At the time i thought the benefits outweighed the drawbacks, and physically and magically they do, but for everything important, it wasn't worth it. Imagine everything you love about life disappearing in a day, and i mean the most fundamental aspects of life, just gone. That's what it's like, being of the undead, it's not what i thought it would be. I can't feel the warmth of a summer day, i can't sleep or dream, and i can't live among my own people. I'm persecuted for being undead, even though i did so to protect those i love, everytime i'm found out, i have to move to a new town, never staying anywhere for more than a few years before people notice i don't age and become suspicious. I'm looking for a way to regain my humanity, luckily i was embalmed after i was turned, so i can blend among humans for a time. The strangest part is, in my death i have found the one emotion that makes humans feel the most alive." he keeps his head down, fearing her possible reaction, even with what she had said earlier, he couldn't help but worry.

VirgoBushin
2010-10-03, 09:46 PM
~Juliana~

Juliana had never been one for interrupting anyways, so as he spoke she remained quiet. She was amazed to hear his true age. He really didn't look it. So he accepted while trying to help those he loved... probably family? She thought. By the time he finished, she nodded, her eyes had never left his the entire time before she finally spoke, "I'm sure you heard my views on people when I first met Cairne...did you not? I don't judge lest you give me a reason to. Thus far.... that's the last thing you've done. I mean... you got me my freedom....something I never expected anyone to bother with for me. So how can I condemn you when you've done too many good things for me to worry about what you are? It's...somewhat obvious I need to explain my own self a bit further."

It was the feeling of the water rippling that made her look up as she saw some rope now in the water, making her inwardly sigh. While she'd enjoyed being with Alex, she figured they did need to finish up their job they had been sent out on. "I promise after we get time again, I'll explain myself.... who I really am... why I'm here and all of that." She carefully undid her chain holding the locket and began to take her Ring of Landwalking on.... but then stopped. "Um...oh no..." She murmured, blushing slightly. "I...uh....can't put this on just yet....um.....oh no....." She splashed the water, annoyed at herself for not having thought this out very well. "I...I'm going to need my clothes..my pants at least.... all the same, I don't exactly want to reveal my true form to them.... well the rest rather considering lest the kobold is blind, he already knows.... but yeah....um...." She shook her head in disbelief at herself, unsure of what to do now.

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-03, 09:50 PM
Cairne notes the longing look between Alex and Juliana, he then pulls them up one at a time, starting with Juliana.

Once they're at the top he wraps the winter blanket around Juliana, "You must be cold", he then leans over to Alex and whispers "Did you tell her?"
"ALAS! I will allow you some time to warm up before we move on!"

Cairne then sits down, leaning on the wall and starts petting the Lion

(OOC EDIT: I thought you had solved the fin issue hehe my bad)

EdroGrimshell
2010-10-03, 09:52 PM
Alex looks up at Juliana, gratitude written on his face.

On the dilemma with the clothes, he laughs, then removes his cloak, handing it to her, "You know your cute when flustered," he said grinning. "Just wrap it around your fin and i'll get your pants. They're down here somewhere."

(OOC: Cairne's actions would probably be after mine.)

VirgoBushin
2010-10-03, 10:03 PM
~Juliana~

Juliana blinks, her cheeks turning even more crimson as she hears a first from Alex... the word "cute". "...I...I wha? Don't be silly..." She managed to murmur, chuckling nervously afterwards. Finally the two were pulled out and true to Cairne's guess, she was indeed cold and shivering.. While the water had been nice, she forgot maybe the one other thing she hated about living under water.... the temperature of it. It was always cold.. seldom if ever warm and usually in those temperatures it was deemed too "dangerous" for her to be near those types of waters. She managed to get out an audible and somewhat shaky, "T-thank...you...." to Cairne as she pulled the blanket tighter around her, trying to get herself warmer faster. Yet Alex's last words were still going through her head. He'd said the emotion that kept humans alive wasn't found until he was undead....so.... did that mean... he liked her? The thought made her look down as her cheeks at least began to warm up more.

[*decides to take Tsume's suggestion* Yeah....I'll say I found them before getting pulled up... no... it goes like this King [for knowledge next time and, apparently, my own... but taking the ring off makes it go from legs/feet to scales... but not the other way around x.x So yeah... I would have been fine save I forgot that ^^;]

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-03, 10:06 PM
Cairne looks over, "It's no problem", as he sits he feels a lump in his back, "Ah yes, I forgot about this", he then pulls Julianas' backpack out of his own and hands it to her, "I picked it up so it wouldn't be stolen by anyone to come in after us, or the Frog beasts"

JelloCat
2010-10-03, 10:11 PM
Chuckling at the flustered Juliana D'Kal remarks to himself, "Birds of a feather, I suppose."

Alth Falath
2010-10-03, 10:12 PM
"Feh, this seems to have been a waste." Fash said, a little annoyed at having to be rescued. He hopes that Cairne had a bit more luck on his end.

EdroGrimshell
2010-10-03, 10:14 PM
Alex smiles at Juliana's reaction, to his teasing. He had admitted he liked her. He then let Cairne pull him up, exhaling the water he had inhaled while underwater while still out of sight. After being pulled up, "Thank's Cairne," then in a whisper, "Yes i did tell her," then speaking back up, "there's a passage down there, we didn't explore, but we can come back later to look through once we finish up here." Then looking down, "Um, can we get a chance to dry off? The extra weight would slow us down and could cause some problems later on."

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-03, 10:14 PM
"Our way was not a waste, but it is messy, very messy.: Cairne then smiles, remembering the scene.
"Yes Alex sit, I'd offer you a blanket, but I don't have an extra."

EdroGrimshell
2010-10-03, 10:16 PM
"Your fights are always messy."

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-03, 10:17 PM
"Tis' true, that one such as myself, with a well of strength far surpassing most humans, and using an axe whos blades are the size of my chest, is an easy way to make a mess. Hehe Remember that thief? Man, his leg we're a clean cut, weren't they.

EdroGrimshell
2010-10-03, 10:21 PM
"The one that tried to pick your pocket or the guy that called you Cowboy?"

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-03, 10:22 PM
"The one that tried to pick my pocket, the guy that called me cowboy was to drunk to realize my horns were sharp enough to pierce a persons chest... and face at the same time."

EdroGrimshell
2010-10-03, 10:26 PM
"Right, I remember you nearly through up from the stench of his splattered intestines," Alex says, remembering the good ol' days when Cairne and him were as close as brothers, seemed they hadn't lost that bond even after their time apart.

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-03, 10:31 PM
There's a glimmer of both joy, and sadness of remembrance, "That was then, now the stench and I are on terms of it won't bother me, I won't stop killing. Cairne leans over whispering "How was Halsey? I can still remember her eyes the day I met her, and the day I left.

EdroGrimshell
2010-10-03, 10:47 PM
Alex's eyes then turn sad, "Haven't been around in months, don't know if she's doing well or not. Last i saw her she was helping me get out of town. She's looking forward to a letter."

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-03, 10:50 PM
Cairne stands and tugs at Alexs arm, pointing him over to the hallway, mouthing Let's speak in private, then out loud saying, "Aye, next time we're in town I shall write to her."

EdroGrimshell
2010-10-03, 10:59 PM
Alex walks with Cairne, getting some privacy from the rest of the party "What do you need?" he asks.

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-03, 11:03 PM
"i'd like to talk about the past, the happy days, without being bothered, or giving away things they don't need to know.", with that siad he sighs, then leans against a wall. "Man remember the day we met, both figuring we we're dead men, both thinking the other was sent to kill us. He, you really did show off your skill in that fight.

EdroGrimshell
2010-10-03, 11:11 PM
"Yeah, haven't used tha many spells in one fight since, and i still can't believe you were able to resist that many Rigor Mortis spells, it was my trump card at the time." Alex says chuckling, "That fight was fun"

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-03, 11:13 PM
"Yea, hehe, we're both lucky the guards finally caught up, we probably would've killed each other." Cairne smiles, then pops a tomato in his mouth, "I think the town should've have a better militia, I mean we cut them down in a few minutes, and that was around 30 guards."

EdroGrimshell
2010-10-03, 11:26 PM
Alex laughs, "Yeah, that was the most fun i had had in months, although i left most of mine unconcious rather than dead. Remember that one guy that wouldn't go down, the one i sliced in half from crotch to crown, that was my best kill, still haven't beat it yet. I think that's when the rest of them ran."

abadguy
2010-10-03, 11:27 PM
Selfent wakes from his revelry with a start. He heads toward the shiny metal spikes and grimly pulls out a set of tools and gets to work, uttering a silent prayer to the gods.

Search and Disable Device checks

Search Mod +16
Taking 10 for total of 26
Otherwise,
[roll0]

Disable Device Mod +18
Taking 10 for total of 28
Otherwise,
[roll1]

Aiming to just disable the trap, if it is one. If I fail, I'll just point out the trap to the rest, maybe asking Cairne to go smash it up.

Selfent proceeds to join the rest after he's done.

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-03, 11:32 PM
"HAHA! Yes I remember that, idiot should've learned, everyone else is down, he should learn., Cairne looks down for a second, "We were lucky Halsey wasn't judgmental, we would've been screwed. She was truly a special one. I remember how much she cried the day I left, you had to restrain her from running after me, she must have been worse when you left.

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-03, 11:34 PM
Selfent wakes from his revelry with a start. He heads toward the shiny metal spikes and grimly pulls out a set of tools and gets to work, uttering a silent prayer to the gods.

Search and Disable Device checks

Search Mod +16
Taking 10 for total of 26
Otherwise,
[roll0]

Disable Device Mod +18
Taking 10 for total of 28
Otherwise,
[roll1]

Aiming to just disable the trap, if it is one. If I fail, I'll just point out the trap to the rest, maybe asking Cairne to go smash it up.

Selfent proceeds to join the rest after he's done.

OOC: THERE IS A TRAP?!?!?! WHERE?!?!?!

EdroGrimshell
2010-10-03, 11:43 PM
"She understood why i had to leave, but she cried nonetheless, maybe we could visit her again someday."

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-03, 11:44 PM
"Aye I hope, she would love to see what you have done for yourself, and your love"

EdroGrimshell
2010-10-03, 11:49 PM
"It was unexpected really, it started when i bought her freedom from the barkeep that had her contract. After that she stayed close to me, most likely feeling the most comfortable with me, we got to talking, and it just developed from there, up until a little while ago. I'll have to tell her you know about me."

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-03, 11:51 PM
"Perhaps the three of us should have a separate fire tonight and talk?", Cairne chuckles, "Damn Halsey got me used to my feelings, hehe, *sigh*"

EdroGrimshell
2010-10-03, 11:54 PM
"You love her too, don't you?" Alex grins, "She wouldn't stop talking about you once you left, i think she fell for you."

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-03, 11:57 PM
"Yea, I tried to hide it, but like you and Juliana, it always surfaces. I say when we have the chance we head back, the guards sucked then and they shouldn't be any better now. I miss her brown hair, her green eyes, the way she talked, always assertive and yet caring. Ahh yes I fell for her, head over hoofs down the rockworm tunnel."

EdroGrimshell
2010-10-04, 12:06 AM
"That's love for ya, it's always there, no matter how much you try to hide it. I'm just happen to be lucky enough to have a great poker face." he shakes his head, "love is the most powerful emotion a humanoid can feel, and the most difficult to conceal."

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-04, 12:11 AM
Cairne smiles, "Yes it is, and no matter what you think, you're pokerface is never good enough, that you retained, your eyes show your emotions, her the sane, but much much more" Cairne pulls out a pipe and a bit of smoke grass, "I really shouldn't but, these memories give me urges", with that he lights the pipe and begins smoking, "Do you still have the one she gave you?"

EdroGrimshell
2010-10-04, 12:21 AM
Alex nods, "I keep it on pristine condition. When i left i gave her a gift of my own, you remember those blood diamonds i got a few years back, i made a necklace with one of them, even scribed the draconic symbol for health into it."

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-04, 12:24 AM
"Huh", Cairne looks at his armor, the small heart scratched into top left shoulder, "All I left was a ring, and a promise, I told her I'd be back one day, and that day I would marry her. A simple white gold ring, and a promise, I wonder how she's doing now" Cairne sighs deeply and runs his hand through his beard, he then takes a tomato and throws it down the hall towards the stairs.

EdroGrimshell
2010-10-04, 12:30 AM
"Let's get away from the past for a time, until we go back again." Alex says, some of these memories brought up some sad points, and it wasn't his nature to stay sad for long, "so, what did you dice up there," Alex asks, "Anything of interest."

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-04, 12:32 AM
"You're right, although I think that we should tell Juliana some of this later." he looks down to the room, but can't see anyone, "A few birds, cut em to pieces, literally", he then stands up.

EdroGrimshell
2010-10-04, 12:35 AM
"Maybe i can salvage something of use from 'em. Do you mind leading the way?"

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-04, 12:36 AM
Cairne chuckles, "Not at all, let's be off"

EdroGrimshell
2010-10-04, 12:54 AM
After arriving at the room, Alex has a look at the cockatrices seeing if there is anythig he can actually use from the things. "You did a real number on these, nice work."

Search: [roll0]
Heal: [roll1]
Any other relevent skill: [roll2] (add appropriate modifier)
Once finished with his examination and any extractions that would yield something, Alex walks to the least damaged of the two cockatrices, pulling an onyx crystal from his pack and uses it to animate the skeleton of the beast.

Then noticing the eggs, he walks over and picks up the pair, "A few of these trained may come in handy, don't you think? Mind carrying them? I don't have any body heat to incubate them with."

Using Animate Dead on Cockatrice. Please inform me of the price of the onyx i used and i'll subtract it from my overall wealth.

Undead mastery adds 4 to strength and dexterity, and adds 2 hit point/hit die

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-04, 12:56 AM
"Heh yea well, nothing bites at me with out dieing... painfully..." He then turns to stare into the cave,

Spot
[roll0]

"Not at all, I've got one wrapped in my bedroll in my backpack already", at that he takes the third egg and places it inside the bedroll with the others.

Tsumeken
2010-10-04, 01:20 AM
Abadguy:
You managed to disable it since it was an easy trap for people to avoid and didn't have a very high DC. But, since you disabled them, you can pick them up now.

Everyone Else:
Yeah there was a trap. It wasn't a very good one though. It was a row of spikes that had a 30% chance of being stepped on whenever someone headed towards the West where the cockatrice was, it was hidden a bit under the water so no one could see unless you were actively searching which is why Selfent found it. But yeah.... no one stepped on it since it was a trap for slow-moving, cautious people.

Alex:
200 gold is how much the onyx costed. The one that was in the best shape was the female. It had 5HD. The only thing to worry about with the glands is if he does activate them (I'm assuming you took the glands of their saliva that causes petrification) you will have to look out because since the saliva will secrete out the glands if you activate your touch to reactivate the glands, make sure none of the saliva gets on you so you don't petrify yourself. Think of it as applying poison to a weapon check.

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-04, 01:23 AM
"Your talents are still up there, hehe, an undead bird," He laughs for a few seconds, and the turns his attention back to the cave, taking a few steps in.

Tsumeken
2010-10-04, 01:33 AM
@Carine

As you step in and search the cave you find two bags of coins (65 sp and 10 gp all together), a circlet and a very chewed upon short sword that appears to have niks in it where the two cockatrice might have been biting at it. The rest of the small cave appears to have been the birds natural waste dump for feces.

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-04, 01:35 AM
Cairne pick ups the gold silver and sword, pocketing it for later use. He then examines the circlet.

Do you mean circlet like a tiara?

VirgoBushin
2010-10-04, 01:39 AM
~Juliana~

After Juliana has gotten more warmer now, she folds the blanket up carefully and heads over to find Alexander, smiling as she sits beside him. "So....everything you said back there....um...." Her cheeks flushed yet again as she nodded before continuing on, "You....you really meant all of that?" While waiting for Cairne to finish looking around, she kept the blanket laid neatly on her lap.

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-04, 01:42 AM
(assuming shes in the room with the birds and Cairne can hear)
"He meant it, he's really a necropolitan. Although he's still mostly human."