PDA

View Full Version : Arrrrr - There be Pirates about these Waters! (3.5/PF Build[Opt])

WeeFreeMen
2010-09-28, 05:45 PM
Evening all ^^;
Been awhile since I posted, however, I once again turn to the knowledge of the Giants. I'll be running a 3-shot campaign, as I am now somewhat famous for them in my group thanks to your guys help with the Undead Town one. Story time aside tho, here Is what I need.

Requirements:
-WE NEED A PIRATE CAPTAIN! (His name will be "Bojax D. Heartstrom," I hope all you One Piece followers can see were this is going :smallamused:)
He needs several things to make him Bojax:
1) Harpoons! I want him to be over-the-top memorable boss fight/captain. Duel-weilding harpoons (the larger the better).
2) He needs a crew! I am not one to ever suggest someone use leadership, however, he will as he will need a crew of roughly 30~ (Im asking you guys to also design his cohort, if you have a crew generator I can use. awesome)
3) He needs a BOAT! Its name will be "The Rusty Wench" Im thinking an old whaler-type ship, with a bit of Iron-clad to it. I don't have Storm-wrack so I need some ship-stats. Also, some insight into it.

---The Guidelines---
Books: 3.5 Core/Completes/Pathfinder
The PC ECL: 8-10 (4 in total)
The Level of Optimization: Mild

You guys can decide the level of my BBEG and please feel free to throw in any piratey-sayings you wish him to spout in the middle of the fight (So long as you comment constructively ^^)

--------------------

As always, thank you playground for your insight and for your comments.

true_shinken
2010-09-28, 07:26 PM
Ranger 6/Fighter 2/Dread Pirate 6 sounds about right.
Make him a half-giant or take Jotunbrud, take Overside TWF, give him Armbands of Might. Take Brutal Throw and Might Makes Right.
Pump Strenght like there is no tomorrow.

Lhurgyof
2010-09-28, 09:17 PM
Evening all ^^;
Been awhile since I posted, however, I once again turn to the knowledge of the Giants. I'll be running a 3-shot campaign, as I am now somewhat famous for them in my group thanks to your guys help with the Undead Town one. Story time aside tho, here Is what I need.

Requirements:
-WE NEED A PIRATE CAPTAIN! (His name will be "Bojax D. Heartstrom," I hope all you One Piece followers can see were this is going :smallamused:)
He needs several things to make him Bojax:
1) Harpoons! I want him to be over-the-top memorable boss fight/captain. Duel-weilding harpoons (the larger the better).
2) He needs a crew! I am not one to ever suggest someone use leadership, however, he will as he will need a crew of roughly 30~ (Im asking you guys to also design his cohort, if you have a crew generator I can use. awesome)
3) He needs a BOAT! Its name will be "The Rusty Wench" Im thinking an old whaler-type ship, with a bit of Iron-clad to it. I don't have Storm-wrack so I need some ship-stats. Also, some insight into it.

---The Guidelines---
Books: 3.5 Core/Completes/Pathfinder
The PC ECL: 8-10 (4 in total)
The Level of Optimization: Mild

You guys can decide the level of my BBEG and please feel free to throw in any piratey-sayings you wish him to spout in the middle of the fight (So long as you comment constructively ^^)

--------------------

As always, thank you playground for your insight and for your comments.

He wears a steering wheel on his crotch, and when inquired he says:
"Yarr, it be driving me nuts."

dgnslyr
2010-09-28, 09:59 PM
He wears a steering wheel on his crotch, and when inquired he says:
"Yarr, it be driving me nuts."

A magic one at that. I shudder to wonder what possible enchantments it may hold.

Also, 9/19 was talk like a pirate day, and I missed it! :smallmad:

WeeFreeMen
2010-09-28, 11:16 PM
@dgnslyr: Oh sir. but I didnt! hehe. I actually sponsored/headed a Walk the Talk (like a Pirate) day at my college. ^^;

There was wenches a many and booze (read: Punch) for all! :]

Greenish
2010-09-29, 10:42 AM
Hmm, harpoons are melee weapons, no? Some levels in Bloodstorm Blade would be great.

nhbdy
2010-09-29, 12:06 PM
throwing I believe, check arms and equipment, I'm away from my books at the moment or I would...

Benly
2010-09-29, 12:08 PM
Personally, I'm fond of necromancer-pirates. But that is at least in part so I can make a dumb "skeleton crew" joke.

Greenish
2010-09-29, 12:31 PM
throwing I believe, check arms and equipment, I'm away from my books at the moment or I would...It has a 3.5 version in Frostburn, and yeah, it's throwing. Too bad.