PDA

View Full Version : apocolapse war campian

marius\tobius
2010-09-28, 06:11 PM
here's the idea, the gods are at war the top god (Aio?) is staying out of it but in secret selects seven of the most powerful beings on the matearal plane that most importantly do not bow to any god, promiseing them power he tasks them to take over the world and after thats done keep the forces of heaven and hell out of the matearal plane,

becouse none of them are nice people the take up the titles of the seven deadly sins, of course this will be an epic lvl campian but mostly large scale warfare

WarKitty
2010-09-28, 06:21 PM
Are you asking a question?

HunterOfJello
2010-09-28, 07:05 PM
This sounds really fun. It might work even better if the premise of the game isn't stated until about halfway through the campaign. So the players could start at level 10 or 15 and then work their way into epic and then find out what their divine task is to do.

I'd be excited to see a Bloodstorm Blade in this campaign taking out armies with his full attack and an enchanted javelin.

marius\tobius
2010-09-28, 08:10 PM
thanks i do have a questain
one of my players has expressed a desire to play a vampire in this campain stateing he could form the beginings and backbone of the armys needed
i am not to concerned about alignment but the hefty ecl gives me pause
i want his character to be about even with the rest but not over powered how would i manage this?
also ideas for unique armys for them to fight would also be welcome

DragonOfUndeath
2010-09-28, 08:38 PM
homebrew a vampire if you dont think the current one works in this setting
also armies:just make different civilizations and empires and there army should fall into place

jiriku
2010-09-28, 08:46 PM
I find that WotC tends to overstate ECL for most monster races and templates. You could safely cut the vampire's level adjustment in half, and the player would probably play well in a normal group.

However, be strict about the vampire's limitations and don't allow the player to just ignore them. The vampire PC's player should be at least mildly inconvenienced by his character's limitations in every game session, and should find them to be a serious hindrance at least every once in a while. Have interesting things happen during the daytime, have chase scenes that occur over running water, have an important negotiation be held at a banquet in which the main dish is loaded with garlic...force him to work a little harder than the other players, to make up for all of the extra things that he's given.

Also, be VERY VERY careful about introducing humanoid NPCs of 5th level or higher -- every one of them is potentionally a new minion for the vampire, and since his vampire minions can have minions who in turn have minions that have minions, that can get out of control very fast (especially if half his minions are generals, political leaders, and adventurers with the Leadership feat). If you screw up and give him something that makes him too powerful relative to the rest of the group, be willing to admit to him that you made a mistake and will need to take away some of the things that you gave him, in order to keep the game fun for everyone.

Demons_eye
2010-09-28, 08:48 PM
This thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165439) does a good job about it. Here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8056982&postcount=173) is the vampire log.

marius\tobius
2010-09-29, 06:35 PM
i also concidered leaving the ecl stand and just pair him up with a scary character whos sole purpose is to protect him or control him