PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Chase Ideas

Earthwalker
2010-09-29, 05:06 AM
I am starting a pathfinder city campaign, the premis is that the players are part of a new medic force that is part of the temple of healings new plan. The players will be similar to EMTs of today. They get a call and need to get to a part of the city where someone has been injured or killed.

My plan is to handle the call and getting to the injured person using a modified chase dynamic.Using a pack of playing cards I am going to write on them a skill challenge, and a bonus. Each call (chase) has a number of steps and a random number of attempts to complete them in.

For every step I draw a card and place it first down on the table. Turn it over and the players need to complete the skill challenge to move on. Keep going till they get to the end.

As well as the skill checks I am thinking that cards will have a bonus (say +2 to one roll or lower a DC by 1, maybe even a count the next roll as a natural 20) Each player gets one card at the start of a session, he can use it to replace a card in the chain or use it for the stated bonus.
Knowledge (local )cards

A set of cards will have knowledge (local) on them with a DC, on a success for this the players can turn over the ramaining cards in the chain (Adding one to replace the knowledge (local) card). And draw a number of cards from the sewer or roof decks (similar cards but with different skills) So after the knowledge local success the players have two routes to the goal and can choose witch card to roll against at each step.

I am looking for advice on what people think of the idea.

Also any details that can go on the cards as skill checks, also any ideas what those skill checks would be.

Additionally I am thinking of letting one player try to beat the DC by more then say 5 and allow them to rig the situation where the rest pass without a check.