PDA

View Full Version : [PEACH] Barngod! BARNGOD!

Morph Bark
2010-09-29, 07:53 AM
Chickens (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9327762)!
Pigs (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9342772)!
Sheep (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=211269)!
By your yumminess (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9361109) combined, I AM BARNGOD!

Note, for the basic pig, use boar (http://www.systemreferencedocuments.org/resources/systems/pennpaper/dnd35/soveliorsage/monstersAnimal.html#boar) stats, substituting gore for a 1d6 slam attack, and lowering HD by 1.

BARNGOD

Other names previously considered: Large Ham, Sheer-Sizer, Cluckzilla, 50 Foot Tall Party Animal…

http://i54.tinypic.com/10zmy3a.jpg
By VampireChicken of DeviantART

Barngods, barngods, striding through the meadow,
Better keep your head low
Or be fried by awesome!
Barngods, barngods, striding through the meadow,
Pretty big and pretty shyte,
They beat dire bears in a fight!
Like a motherfarming Pegasus,
They are struck by wanderlust!
They’re the Jedi of town!
They’ll fight Cthulhu and punch him down!
Barngods, they are barngods!
Barngods, beware or you’ll love them lots!
Barngods, they are barngods!
Barngods, inventors of the pig-and-cart!

Inspiration (http://www.weebls-stuff.com/songs/Narwhals/) for the song!

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
Feats: Any two from the Barngod's list of bonus feats
Flaws: Chicken Infested OR Pig Bond OR Weresheep (Dragon 330, page 87)
Skills: Handle Animal 10 ranks, Intimidate 4 ranks

Weresheep
Theresheep!
Benefits: You are afflicted with lycanthropy. Not such a flaw, right? Your hybrid and animal forms are of a harmless sheep. When in hybrid or animal form you suffer the effects of the Delicious flaw.

For sheep stats, make a donkey (http://www.systemreferencedocuments.org/resources/systems/pennpaper/dnd35/soveliorsage/monstersAnimal.html#donkey) Small with only one-half HD and flavour their bite as a headbutt instead see here (http://creaturecatalog.enworld.org/converted/animal/sheep.htm).

Class Skills
The Class Name's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Climb (Str), Handle Animal (Cha), Intimidate (Cha), Listen (Wis), Profession (Wis), Ride (Dex), Spot (Wis), Swim (Str), and Use Rope (Dex).
Skills Points at Each Level: 2 + Int

Hit Dice: d8

{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
+0|
+2|
+2|
+0|Bonus feat, Sizeability

2nd|
+1|
+3|
+3|
+0|Barns and Nobles, Sizeability

3rd|
+2|
+3|
+3|
+1|Bonus feat

4th|
+3|
+4|
+4|
+1|Sizeability

5th|
+3|
+4|
+4|
+1|Bonus feat

6th|
+4|
+5|
+5|
+2|Sizeability

7th|
+5|
+6|
+5|
+2|Bonus feat

8th|
+6|
+6|
+6|
+2|Sizeability

9th|
+6|
+6|
+6|
+3|Bonus feat

10th|
+7|
+7|
+7|
+3|Genius Critter, Sizeability[/table]

Bonus Feat: A Barngod learns how to handle animals that are larger-than-life. At every odd level, a Barngod gets a bonus feat from the following list: Combat Expertise, Improved Bull Rush, Improved Disarm, Improved Grapple, Improved Overrun, Improved Sunder, Improved Trip, Mounted Archery, Mounted Combat, Power Attack, Ride-by Attack, Skill Focus (Handle Animal), Skill Focus (Intimidate) or Spirited Charge.
A Barngod with the Weresheep flaw may also take the Aftertaste (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9361109#post9361109), Block The Windpipe (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9361109#post9361109), Extra Taste (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9361109#post9361109) or Master Jawbreaker (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9361109#post9361109) feats, but only use them in sheep or hybrid form, unless he also possesses the Delicious flaw.
They may also take the Martial Study and Martial Stance feats as bonus feats this way, but may only pick from the Falling Star (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10707), Fool’s Grip (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67879) and Twin Spirit (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40991) disciplines. In more modern campaign settings, consider substituting Falling Star with Black Rain (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5471505#post5471505).

Barns and Nobles: A Barngod ain’t an idiot. He’s learned in what he does and whom he does it for. A Barngod gains an ability similar to the Bard’s Bardic Knowledge. He may make a special knowledge check with a bonus equal to his Barngod level + his Intelligence modifier to see whether he knows some relevant information about local notable people, animal species, plants, or the location of taverns, butchers, millers and bakers.

Sizeability: At level 1 and at every even-numbered level, a Barngod can give his animal (or animal self in case of the weresheep) a new special ability – either through intensive training, special dieting, or by pure coincidence having his barn be in an extremely magically-active location.

Always Tasty
Prerequisite: Weresheep flaw
Normally you aren't affected by the Delicious flaw, only in hybrid or sheep form. Through this ability, you can use a swift action to make yourself be affected by the Delicious flaw while not in hybrid or sheep form. It takes a swift action to deactivate this ability again.

Bite Attack
Your sheep form, chicken or pig gets a bite attack. It deals 1d4 if the sheep or pig is Medium or 1d4 if the chicken is Large. Smaller chickens cannot use a bite attack. The damage increases if the creatures increase in size (1d4 -> 1d6 -> 1d8 -> 2d6 -> 3d6).

Brawn Over Bacon
Prerequisites: Chicken Infested flaw and Cluckzilla sizeability OR Pig Bond flaw and Large Ham sizeability
Your effective Strength for determining your carrying capacity increases by 15 for each time you have taken either the Cluckzilla or Large Ham abilities. Yes, this means your effective Strength for carrying capacity will be 60 higher than normal if they are Colossal. An extra 90 if you have both Pig Bond and Chicken Infested flaws and both Cluckzilla and Large Ham.

Cluck Fuzilla
Prerequisites: Chicken Infested flaw, Cluck Fu class ability, Cluckzilla sizeability
You can wield your chickens regardless of their size. Large chickens deal 3d6 nonlethal damage, Huge 4d6, Gargantuan 6d6 and Colossal 8d6. You can deal lethal damage by decreasing damage by 1d6. Your chicken cannot attack while being wielded. Huge and larger chickens grant reach if you choose to wield them two-handed, but whilst you can still attack within 5 ft, you no longer threaten this area. However, you need the Brawn Over Bacon ability to wield the chicken if it becomes Large or larger.

Cluckzilla
Prerequisite: Chicken Infested flaw
Once per day, before drawing a weapon or pulling out an item, a Barngod can declare he will summon forth a chicken the likes of which none have ever seen before. If he pulls out a chicken instead of the item or weapon, the chicken will be Large sized instead of Tiny as normal. If he pulls out the item or weapon successfully, he does not expend his daily usage of this ability. The Large chicken disappears at dusk.
This ability can be taken multiple times, each time increasing the size category of the chicken by one.
{table=head]Size|Strength|Dexterity|Constitution|Natural Armour|Peck Damage|Base amount of HD

Colossal|
41|
3|
31|
+14|
3d6|

Gargantuan|
33|
5|
27|
+9|
2d6|

Huge|
25|
7|
23|
+5|
1d8|

Large|
17|
9|
19|
+2|
1d6|

Medium|
9|
11|
15|
+0|
1d4|

Small|
5|
13|
13|
+0|
1d3|
1/2

Tiny|
1|
13|
13|
+0|
1d2|
1/4[/table]
Cluckzillarmageddon
Prerequisite: Chicken Infested flaw, Cluckzilla sizeability
If the Barngod is capable of pulling out a Huge chicken or larger, he may opt to split the size increases across multiple chickens in order to gain several big chickens on the same day. If he can pull out a Huge chicken, he may instead opt to pull out a Large chicken and so enable himself to pull out another Large chicken later in the day. If he can pull out a Gargantuan chicken, he may opt instead to pull out one Huge and one Large chicken that day or three Large chickens. If he can pull out a Colossal chicken, he may opt instead to pull out one Gargantuan and one Large chicken, two Huge chickens, one Huge chicken and two Large chickens, or four Large chickens.

Continued Bonding
Prerequisites: Pig Bond flaw, Pig Master level 1
Your Barngod levels stack with your Pig Master levels for purposes of determining the bonuses granted to your pig by your Companion Bond ability.

Crunch!
Prerequisites: Weresheep flaw, Fluff! sizeability
The natural armour increase that your Fluff! sizeability grants you increases to +12 as you can harden your fluff to become extra strong and sharp as if it is made of steel wool. When subjected to the bite attack of a creature, they take half the damage they deal to you and if they miss they take a quarter of the damage they would have dealt. When you are subjected the the Swallow Whole ability of a monster while you are not using Crunch! you can activate it as an immediate action to prevent being swallowed whole.

Deviled Ham
Prerequisites: Pig Bond flaw, Seed of Orcus (half-fiend) class feature, Knowledge (the planes) 5 ranks
Your pig's type changes to Outsider and it gains the Tanar'ri subtype. It can also take any Vile feats and when you take this sizeability you may choose to exchange previous feats your pig had for Vile feats.

Explosive
Prerequisites: Chicken Infested flaw
If one of your chickens dies, it deals 1d4 fire damage to anyone also occupying its space.

Fluff!
Prerequisites: Weresheep flaw
As a standard action, you can turn yourself into a giant ball of fluff by focusing your willpower and suddenly having your wool grow, grow and grow! The square you are in and the squares adjacent to you become filled with fluffy wool. The wool is so thick that nobody who wasn't already in your occupied squares cannot move into them, and neither can you move while using it. You have concealment from anyone within 5 ft of you and total concealment from anyone outside the fluff. It takes twice as much movement to enter a square filled with fluff. The fluff also grants a +4 increase in natural armour and anyone inside of the fluff takes a -4 penalty to melee attack rolls. Ranged weapon attacks made from inside the fluff are impossible, but you can still be targeted by them from outside the fluff. You must be in sheep or hybrid form to use this ability. You count as one size larger while using this ability.

Fission
Prerequisites: Weresheep flaw
You can split yourself into your normal self and your sheep self as a standard action. You split any hit points, power points, etc. evenly between the two of you. Hybrid form cannot be assumed by either of your two selves. The fission lasts for an amount of rounds equal to your Barngod levels + Commoner levels. If either of you dies while this ability is in effect, the other one becomes the real you and regains the ability to change forms again. This is a supernatural ability.

Fusion
Prerequisites: Chicken Infested flaw OR Pig Bond flaw
You gain the ability to merge your body with one of your chickens' or your pig's 1/day, as per the fusion (http://www.systemreferencedocuments.org/resources/systems/pennpaper/dnd35/soveliorsage/psionicPowersDtoF.html#fusion) power. The fusion lasts for an amount of rounds equal to your Barngod levels + Commoner levels + Pig Master/Chicken Master levels (whichever is appropriate to the animal you fuse with). This is a supernatural ability.

Greater Cluck Fu
Prerequisites: Chicken Infested flaw, Cluck Fu class ability, Improved Cluck Fu, BAB+11
When using your Cluck Fu class ability, you gain Greater Two-Weapon Fighting or Greater Multiweapon Fighting.

Ham-Fisted
Prerequisites: Pig Bond flaw, BAB+5
You may use your pig as a two-handed weapon, wrapping your arms tightly around it and slamming it into your enemies; as a weapon it deals 1d10 bludgeoning damage and having a critical range and modifier of 20/x2. If it becomes Large due to Large Ham, it deals 2d8 damage. At Huge it deals 3d8, at Gargantuan it deals 4d8 and at Colossal it deals 6d8 points of damage. However, you need the Brawn Over Bacon ability to wield the pig if it becomes Large or larger. The pig may not attack while being wielded.

Harem
Prerequisites: Chicken Infested flaw
You always have a number of chicks following you, the amount being equal to the total of your Commoner levels combined with your Chicken Master and Barngod levels. You can choose whether they are hot chicks or cool chicks, which affects their peck damage.
{table=head]Size|Strength|Dexterity|Constitution|Natural Armour|Peck Damage|Immunties|Base amount of HD

Fine|
1|
16|
8|
+0|
1 fire (hot chick) or 1 cold (cool chick)|
Fire (hot chick) or cold (cool chick)|
1/4[/table]
Improved Cluck Fu
Prerequisites: Chicken Infested flaw, Cluck Fu class ability, BAB+6
When using your Cluck Fu class ability, you gain Improved Two-Weapon Fighting or Improved Multiweapon Fighting.

Improved Grab
Prerequisite: Bite attack sizeability
When your chicken, pig or sheep form uses their bite attack, it can then attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity.

Industrial Farmer
Prerequisite: Chicken Infested flaw or Pig Bond flaw
All your chickens (or your pig) have their animal type changed to construct type, with the appropriate changes to HD, saves, BAB, skill points and traits and they gain bonus hit points based on their size.

Large Ham
Prerequisites: Pig Bond flaw, Pig Master level 1
Your pig becomes Large size permanently. This ability can be taken multiple times, each time increasing the pig’s size category by one.
{table=head]Size|Strength|Dexterity|Constitution|Natural Armour|Slam Damage|Base amount of HD

Colossal|
47|
2|
33|
+17|
4d6|

Gargantuan|
39|
4|
29|
+12|
3d6|

Huge|
31|
6|
25|
+8|
2d6|

Large|
23|
8|
21|
+5|
1d8|

Medium|
15|
10|
17|
+3|
1d6|
[/table]
Magebred
Prerequisite: Pig Bond flaw or Chicken Infested flaw
Your pig gains the Magebred template (Eberron Campaign Setting 295). All chickens that you pull out while using Cluckzilla or Otherfarmly Heritage or a similar ability (but not Bred for Purpose) gain the Magebred template.

Rockin' the Gut
Prerequisites: Weresheep flaw, Nom the Nourriture class ability, Sneak Attack +1d6, Crunch! sizeability, Fluff! sizeability
While inside of a creature's stomach, you can shift quickly from your normal fluffy sheepishness to your crunchy fluffed-up form and back again as a full-round action to deal 1d8 slashing damage. Your Sneak Attack applies to this attack.

Sheer Size
Prerequisite: Weresheep flaw
Your sheep and hybrid forms become Large size. This ability can be taken multiple times, each time increasing their size category by one.
{table=head]Size|Strength|Dexterity|Constitution|Natural Armour|Headbutt Damage

Colossal|
40|
2|
29|
+15|
4d6

Gargantuan|
32|
4|
25|
+10|
3d6

Huge|
24|
6|
21|
+6|
2d6

Large|
16|
8|
17|
+3|
1d8

Medium|
8|
10|
13|
+1|
1d6

Small|
4|
12|
11|
+0|
1d4[/table]
Pass the Flavour
Prerequisites: Chicken Infested flaw, Delicious flaw, Taste class ability
By spending a swift action, you can make a chicken you are holding gain one of your Tastes for 3 rounds.

Piglet Split
Prerequisites: Pig Bond flaw
You split your pig into two pigs of one size category smaller. You must be in contact with at least one of them at all times or your pigs will all turn into Orcus and flay you alive. If you also have the Ham-Fisted ability, you gain the benefits of the Two-Weapon Fighting feat or Multiweapon Fighting feat as appropriate while wielding your pigs.
{table=head]Size|Strength|Dexterity|Constitution|Natural Armour|Slam Damage|Base amount of HD

Small|
11|
12|
15|
+2|
1d4|

Tiny|
7|
14|
15|
+1|
1d3|

Diminutive|
5|
16|
15|
+0|
1d2|
1/2

Fine|
5|
18|
15|
+0|
1 |
1/4
[/table]
Swallow Whole
Prerequisite: Bite attack sizeability, Improved Grab sizeability
Your chicken, pig or sheep form can try to swallow a grabbed opponent of two size categories smaller or smaller size by making a successful grapple check. Once inside, the opponent takes an amount of damage every round as shown on this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9411375&postcount=39) table.

Warbeast
Prerequisites: Pig Bond flaw or Chicken Infested flaw and Cluckzilla
Your pig gains the Warbeast template (Monster Manual II 219). All chickens that you pull out while using Cluckzilla or Otherfarmly Heritage or a similar ability (but not Bred for Purpose) gain the Warbeast template.

Genius Critter: Your animal (or animal form) acquires a spark of genius. Choose a base class. Any chickens you pull out using a special ability (like Cluckzilla or Otherfarmly Heritage, but not Bred for Purpose) have all the class abilities of a level 1 member of that class. The same applies to your pig. The same also applies to you if you have the weresheep flaw, but only in hybrid or sheep form and you recieve no additional benefit if you ever take levels in that class or if you already had levels in it. Chickens you pull out using a special ability and your pig have their Int score increased to 3 and their animal type changes to magical beast, with all the changes to HD, saves, BAB, skills and traits that come with it (but only if they still had animal type).

New Feat(s)

Extra Sizeability
Prerequisites: Sizeability class feature
Benefit: You gain one extra sizeability.

Magicyop
2010-09-29, 07:58 AM
Genius. That is all. Can't wait for more sizeabilities, and also for the weresheep class to bring it all together. :smallamused:

If you want suggestions for sizeabilities I have a couple, or if not you might already have my ideas in mind. :smalltongue: You are adding more sizeabilities right?

This would be a good place for the feat to let your chickens have flavor, actually.

How do you wield your chickens when they are colossal and you are medium? I'm picturing, like, a halfling wielding two colossal half-dragon chickens.

Morph Bark
2010-09-29, 10:42 AM
Genius. That is all. Can't wait for more sizeabilities, and also for the weresheep class to bring it all together. :smallamused:

At this point I sort of doubt I will make a Weresheep-only PrC, really. If there are any Lycanthrope Paragon classes or PrCs out there I suppose I could make something similar, but without anything to help me there... no.

If you want suggestions for sizeabilities I have a couple, or if not you might already have my ideas in mind. :smalltongue: You are adding more sizeabilities right?

Of course I'm adding more. There's no way I am done when there isn't enough yet by far!

If you got suggestions, go ahead and gimme. Feel free to PM me or post.

This would be a good place for the feat to let your chickens have flavor, actually.

How do you wield your chickens when they are colossal and you are medium? I'm picturing, like, a halfling wielding two colossal half-dragon chickens.

Don't think I wasn't thinking about it. :smallwink:

Very, very carefully? Hm, perhaps I should make them become reach weapons if they're Huge or larger... ones that no longer threaten 5 ft around you, but still allow you to attack from 5 ft away.

Realms of Chaos
2010-09-29, 12:28 PM
I'm so going to be a weresheep. 329 Constitution here I come. :smallbiggrin:

Morph Bark
2010-09-29, 01:03 PM
I'm so going to be a weresheep. 329 Constitution here I come. :smallbiggrin:

Oh lord. Erm...

M-Bark used Derp!

Weresheep takes 300 Con damage!

Thugorp
2010-09-29, 11:38 PM
Might I suggest editing, cluckzilla so that it can be taken multiple times, but for each time you take it you can either pull a chicken of one size category larger than before OR pull a large(or larger) chicken one more time per-day than you previously could.

Also would you mind if I built a base class off of this and also the chicken master prc?

Bhu
2010-09-29, 11:41 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHZcl2kgRho

Thats all I has to say

Morph Bark
2010-10-01, 04:59 AM
Might I suggest editing, cluckzilla so that it can be taken multiple times, but for each time you take it you can either pull a chicken of one size category larger than before OR pull a large(or larger) chicken one more time per-day than you previously could.

Also would you mind if I built a base class off of this and also the chicken master prc?

Instead of editing Cluckzilla, I made another ability that basically does that. :smallwink:

And as I said, sure, with appropriate credits. Links to the works you based it off of are also very much appreciated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHZcl2kgRho

Thats all I has to say

Mother of BARNGOD! :smallbiggrin:

...will also come soon to a statblock near you.

I added the Cluckzillarmageddon, Fluff!, Ham-Fisted and Pass the Flavour abilities.

Abilities to come include Piglet Split, Harem, Deviled Ham and Guts!.

Thugorp
2010-10-01, 05:17 AM
Cluckzillarmageddon
Prerequisite: Chicken Infested flaw, Cluckzilla sizeability
If the Barngod is capable of pulling out a Huge chicken or larger, he may opt to split the size increases across multiple chickens in order to gain several big chickens on the same day. If he can pull out a Huge chicken, he may instead opt to pull out a Large chicken and so enable himself to pull out another Large chicken later in the day. If he can pull out a Gargantuan chicken, he may opt instead to pull out one Huge and one Large chicken that day or three Large chickens. If he can pull out a Colossal chicken, he may opt instead to pull out one Gargantuan and one Large chicken, two Huge chickens, one Huge chicken and two Large chickens, or three Large chickens.
I am pretty sure that you meant the second, "three," to be a Four didn't you?

Magicyop
2010-10-01, 08:27 AM
New sizeabilities are fantastic. I love cluckzillarmageddon, and of course, pass the flavour. :smallamused:

Can I make one request?

I cannot for the life of me find these commoner flaws anywhere. Is it possible you could post them all somewhere, with their functions and all? If not, possibly PM me? Sorry if you can't, and thanks if you can. :smallwink:

Thugorp
2010-10-01, 11:40 AM
Sorry I was tired last night, These new ability are great, especially the Fluff ability. :-)

Morph Bark
2010-10-01, 11:41 AM
I am pretty sure that you meant the second, "three," to be a Four didn't you?

...heh, thanks for catching that, but yes. Somewhere along the line I must have messed up my math.

New sizeabilities are fantastic. I love cluckzillarmageddon, and of course, pass the flavour. :smallamused:

Can I make one request?

I cannot for the life of me find these commoner flaws anywhere. Is it possible you could post them all somewhere, with their functions and all? If not, possibly PM me? Sorry if you can't, and thanks if you can. :smallwink:

The Commoner flaws are all from Dragon magazine, issue 330, on page 87 - which is what I've been listing in all the entry requirements for the Commoner flaw-based PrCs up to now.

Hm... I see a flaw in Ham-Fisted though... you'd need to be capable of lifting the pig, and it'd get eight times as heavy from each size increase. I think I will make a Sizeability for the Barngod that is in a way similar to my Just A Henchman (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=160758) anti-feat.

Magicyop
2010-10-01, 05:01 PM
The Commoner flaws are all from Dragon magazine, issue 330, on page 87 - which is what I've been listing in all the entry requirements for the Commoner flaw-based PrCs up to now.

I know, but I don't have Dragon Magazine, so it doesn't help to know WHERE they are. Can you post them, or is that illegal?

Morph Bark
2010-10-01, 08:31 PM
Sorry I was tired last night, These new ability are great, especially the Fluff ability. :-)

I know, but I don't have Dragon Magazine, so it doesn't help to know WHERE they are. Can you post them, or is that illegal?

I think that is counter to the forum policy at least, yeah. You could, however, search for ways to download it. But, again, forum policy says no to posting such things.

Benly
2010-10-01, 09:45 PM
Is it deliberate that even a Colossal Cluckzilla only has 11 hit points?

Morph Bark
2010-10-02, 05:04 AM
Is it deliberate that even a Colossal Cluckzilla only has 11 hit points?

It was before. I knew I had forgotten something, but when I found out, I was too tired to fix it. Now I added HD increases to the Large Ham and Cluckzilla sizeabilities. I also added the Continued Bond and Brawn Over Bacon sizeabilities and edited the table a bit so you get a Sizeability at level 1. I also am going to add another class ability for level 10 later, which is already shown on the table.

Cieyrin
2010-10-02, 01:47 PM
I think that is counter to the forum policy at least, yeah. You could, however, search for ways to download it. But, again, forum policy says no to posting such things.

Realms Help is no help in this case, as they have all the Dragon Mag flaws EXCEPT the Commoner flaws. Great help they are. :smallfrown:

Morph Bark
2010-10-03, 08:55 AM
Added the Always Tasty, Fission, Fusion, Crunch!, Harem, Deviled Ham, Continued Bonding, Explosive, Rockin' the Gut, Piglet Split and other sizeabilities. Oh my! That's a lot of sizeabilities! Whichever will you choooooose?

Mostly was concerned for weresheep-related sizeabilities before, since those were least in number in the ideas I had, especially since there is overlap between the pig and chicken stuff, but nothing with the sheep stuff.

Realms Help is no help in this case, as they have all the Dragon Mag flaws EXCEPT the Commoner flaws. Great help they are. :smallfrown:

That's a damn shame, they're quite funny. I suppose you could try derive their meaning from what I've posted so far, since Flaws are always quite simple and the Commoner ones are far from mechanic-heavy, even less than other Flaws, but eh. Or you try download Dragon 330, I guess.

Now off to wonder if this amount of sizeabilities is enough or if there should be more... (:smallwink:)

Magicyop
2010-10-03, 09:09 AM
Very nice... I really want to create a Tasted/Chicken Master/Barngod now... For the concept I mentioned earlier, only better. X^D

If I create a colossal chicken while inside another creature using my tasted abilities... does it instantly explode? Let's say I'm medium and I'm inside a large creature. Suddenly it has a colossal creature in it. What happens?

Cieyrin
2010-10-03, 01:40 PM
That's a damn shame, they're quite funny. I suppose you could try derive their meaning from what I've posted so far, since Flaws are always quite simple and the Commoner ones are far from mechanic-heavy, even less than other Flaws, but eh. Or you try download Dragon 330, I guess.

I was meaning for others benefit, as I have a physical copy of the mag myself. :smallbiggrin:

Harem makes me lawl. You, sir, deserve an internet for that.

Fable Wright
2010-10-03, 01:56 PM
One question: With exploding, do larger chickens make a bigger explosion?

Thugorp
2010-10-04, 01:58 PM
I love how this is turning out. You are doing a great job, and with all of those sizabilitys you are making it very easy for me to make that 20lvl. version I am working on. E>.

A couple quick comments though. I have noticed that several times here you have made damage progressions that go: ...1d4, 1d6, 1d8, 2d6, I didn't say anything, but than I knowticed that you were doing that on all of your homebrews. This might still be on porpose, If so IGNORE THIS(and accept my apology). However , if you were unaware standard damage progression goes as follows: ...1d4, 1d6, 2d3, 1d8, 2d4, 1d10, 1d12, 2d6, 3d4, and so on.

Also, I like the Harem sizability however, I think it might be just a little unwieldy at an actual game table. At 10th. level, a, "Barngod," would have 10 chicks. Each round each chick would have to role an attack role to hit. So now in addition to all of the chicken masters other chicken, and himself, the other players have to wait for him to role ten more D.C.s. This might slow things down a bit too much, especially considering, at best the chicks could only do 20 damage, and they never will. I would suggest adding some text saying that all of the chicks attack at once, and there success or failure is based on one collective attack role. Also, the ability actually seems a bit week, maybe add something about, "Hot-chick's," attacks possibly lighting things on fire for 1d6 damage per-round of burning, and, "Cool-chicks," causing people to break out in unresistable-dancing ;-) . Or maybe just make them do more damage.

Also, and this is not a suggestion based on balance or anything i think you missed, but wouldn't it be cool if there were another sizability that allowed the chicks to slowly age into hot and cold chickens/roosters? bigger(tiny size) tougher, and way more flaming! :-D

I think only the tiny chicken(and possibly the chicks?) can explode. The text says that in order to actually be hurt by the explosion you have to be sharing a square with the exploding chicken, when it explodes. You can only end your turn in the same square as another creature(friendly or not) if, a.) the creature you are sharing a square with is tiny, or, if, b.) 'you' are tiny.

Oh, actually this brings up a question, in the text for Harem, it says that, "you always have a group of chicks around you;" but how close is around you? How far can you move with out them following you and how far from you will they wonder? Can you order them to leave your side? If so, how far away can you send them? Can you order them to leave you to attack an enemy? Can you order them not to attack an enemy that is within 5ft. of you? Also, can you do it on a boat? In a moat? With a fox? Can they attack with some rocks? Can they wonder here or there, I'm asking, can they wonder anywhere?

Fable Wright
2010-10-04, 04:09 PM
[B]I think only the tiny chicken(and possibly the chicks?) can explode. The text says that in order to actually be hurt by the explosion you have to be sharing a square with the exploding chicken, when it explodes. You can only end your turn in the same square as another creature(friendly or not) if, a.) the creature you are sharing a square with is tiny, or, if, b.) 'you' are tiny.

Bigger chicken ==> larger radius + more damage. It makes sense; I'm just trying to see a progression.

Also, will there ever be a sizeability that will increase the size of your regular chickens?

Thugorp
2010-10-04, 04:12 PM
Bigger chicken ==> larger radius + more damage. It makes sense; I'm just trying to see a progression.

I HAVE TO ADMIT SIR... ... I never thought of that. :-/)

Cieyrin
2010-10-04, 04:14 PM

Also, will there ever be a sizeability that will increase the size of your regular chickens?

The issue, again, is that they have to share a square with the chicken to take damage, as the Sizeability is currently written. The only way currently to get a bigger exploding chickens that can share squares is if the Commoner in question was a Commoner/Chicken Master/Tasted/Barngod who, while inside the monster, drew an exploding chicken, but then you have to worry about taking damage yourself from the explosion.

...that isn't actually a bad build idea, now that I think about it...:smallbiggrin:

"Why do I suddenly have the flavor of flame-roasted chicken in mouth? And a stomach ache?" :smallamused:

DracoDei
2010-10-04, 04:55 PM
Is "Crunch!" just a meta-joke on homebrewing? If not (and maybe if so...) it could use some more fluff (ironically enough). It seems like you grow porcupine quills inter-mixed among your wool...

Morph Bark
2010-10-04, 05:38 PM
Very nice... I really want to create a Tasted/Chicken Master/Barngod now... For the concept I mentioned earlier, only better. X^D

If I create a colossal chicken while inside another creature using my tasted abilities... does it instantly explode? Let's say I'm medium and I'm inside a large creature. Suddenly it has a colossal creature in it. What happens?

You would need enough space to pull it out. If you had a Colossal greatsword inside a bag of holding, you couldn't pull it out either, could you? I'll clarify that. Of course, you don't expend daily uses of the ability if you don't have the space for it.

Harem makes me lawl. You, sir, deserve an internet for that.

Why, thank you. :smallredface:

No. It is more of a fiery *poof* rather than a Hollywood explosion (let alone a Michael Bay explosion). The only benefit is that more squares are hit with fire. For as far as I know, multiple creatures can stand in the same square as long as they are at least one size category apart.

I love how this is turning out. You are doing a great job, and with all of those sizabilitys you are making it very easy for me to make that 20lvl. version I am working on. E>.

A couple quick comments though. I have noticed that several times here you have made damage progressions that go: ...1d4, 1d6, 1d8, 2d6, I didn't say anything, but than I knowticed that you were doing that on all of your homebrews. This might still be on porpose, If so IGNORE THIS(and accept my apology). However , if you were unaware standard damage progression goes as follows: ...1d4, 1d6, 2d3, 1d8, 2d4, 1d10, 1d12, 2d6, 3d4, and so on.

o.O

I have no clue where you're getting that from, but the standard damage progression I've always seen in official material has been 1 -> 1d2 -> 1d3 -> 1d4 -> 1d6 -> 1d8 -> 2d6 -> 3d6 -> 4d6 -> 6d6, etc. OR 1d10 -> 1d8 -> 2d8, etc. 1d12 = 2d6, so greataxe damage for a Large creature is 3d6.

Also, I like the Harem sizability however, I think it might be just a little unwieldy at an actual game table. At 10th. level, a, "Barngod," would have 10 chicks. Each round each chick would have to role an attack role to hit. So now in addition to all of the chicken masters other chicken, and himself, the other players have to wait for him to role ten more D.C.s. This might slow things down a bit too much, especially considering, at best the chicks could only do 20 damage, and they never will. I would suggest adding some text saying that all of the chicks attack at once, and there success or failure is based on one collective attack role. Also, the ability actually seems a bit week, maybe add something about, "Hot-chick's," attacks possibly lighting things on fire for 1d6 damage per-round of burning, and, "Cool-chicks," causing people to break out in unresistable-dancing ;-) . Or maybe just make them do more damage.

Perhaps. Harem is moreso meant as a fluff/humourous ability rather than a strong and competitive one, really. That and those chicks will likely die real quick in a higher-level battlefield.

Oh, actually this brings up a question, in the text for Harem, it says that, "you always have a group of chicks around you;" but how close is around you? How far can you move with out them following you and how far from you will they wonder? Can you order them to leave your side? If so, how far away can you send them? Can you order them to leave you to attack an enemy? Can you order them not to attack an enemy that is within 5ft. of you? Also, can you do it on a boat? In a moat? With a fox? Can they attack with some rocks? Can they wonder here or there, I'm asking, can they wonder anywhere?

If you want to get technical, it's "you always have a number of chicks following you". When I made it up I pictured the chicks following you around in a line, like you often see in cartoons.

Is "Crunch!" just a meta-joke on homebrewing? If not (and maybe if so...) it could use some more fluff (ironically enough). It seems like you grow porcupine quills inter-mixed among your wool...

Partly, yes, just like Fluff!. And huh, now that you mention it, I forgot to add that. It was the intention that your fluff hardens and becomes like... well: this (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/8d/Steel-wool.jpg).

But better.

Thugorp
2010-10-04, 08:09 PM
I have no clue where you're getting that from, but the standard damage progression I've always seen in official material has been 1 -> 1d2 -> 1d3 -> 1d4 -> 1d6 -> 1d8 -> 2d6 -> 3d6 -> 4d6 -> 6d6, etc. OR 1d10 -> 1d8 -> 2d8, etc. 1d12 = 2d6, so greataxe damage for a Large creature is

No I am pretty sure it says it is the other way, in one of the 3 core books... there are even weapons that deal 1d12...(there is even a famous joke about how only barbarians ever have weapons that deal 1d12)... also it makes better logical sence 2d4 is exactly one step better than 1d8, because the minimum is 2(instead of 1) and it has a higher average outcome, while haveing the same mask, if you look in the arms and equipment gide you will find many weapons that do 2d4, and smaller versions do 1d8(this is even more true in mongooses altimate equipment guide)

jiriku
2010-10-04, 08:35 PM
M-Bark, I am pretty sure you are cracked in the head. But cracked in a very entertaining way.:smallsmile: Keep it coming!

Thugorp
2010-10-04, 09:52 PM
If you want to get technical, it's "you always have a number of chicks following you". When I made it up I pictured the chicks following you around in a line, like you often see in cartoons.

O.k. so then from a crunch point of view can they only attack things that are five feet behind the Barngod?

Bhu
2010-10-05, 11:41 PM
You sir are well on your way to becoming one of my fave homebrewers :smallsmile:

DracoDei
2010-10-06, 11:26 AM
Thugorp:
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/equipment/weapons.htm#weaponSize
2d3 is never used.
That having been said, 1d12 does appear only in one place (2d8 and 2d6 being the other things I could find that followed 1d10), so you may have an argument for picking a different line of that chart to follow. It should probably be something of a similar actual size (since weapons are, of course, smaller than characters of equal size-class), but I just woke up and don't feel like figuring out which row I would recommend.

Morph Bark
2010-10-07, 08:44 AM
M-Bark, I am pretty sure you are cracked in the head. But cracked in a very entertaining way.:smallsmile: Keep it coming!

Thanks! I shall! :smallbiggrin:

O.k. so then from a crunch point of view can they only attack things that are five feet behind the Barngod?

From a crunch point of view, I'd say they occupy the square five feet behind the Barngod and, since they are Fine-sized, yes, they can only attack things there.

You sir are well on your way to becoming one of my fave homebrewers :smallsmile:

Aw, shucks, Bhu, there you go and say such a thing. :smallredface:

Seriously though, that's a huge compliment. Thanks!

Bhu
2010-10-07, 07:13 PM
It's deserved. You always make me laugh. Not enough homebrew is for funny campaigns.

Thugorp
2010-10-08, 07:07 PM
Thugorp:
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/equipment/weapons.htm#weaponSize
2d3 is never used.
That having been said, 1d12 does appear only in one place (2d8 and 2d6 being the other things I could find that followed 1d10), so you may have an argument for picking a different line of that chart to follow. It should probably be something of a similar actual size (since weapons are, of course, smaller than characters of equal size-class), but I just woke up and don't feel like figuring out which row I would recommend.

O.k. I found something, It doesn't actually matter how weapon damage progression goes. Actording to the, "Monster Creation," table in the back of the M.M.1 Bite damage progresses as such:(size initial = damage #) F=1, D=1d2, T=1d3, S=1d4, M=1d6, L=1d8, H=2d6, G=2d8, C=4d6. For, "peck," damage M-bark would have to decide if he wanted to use damage for, "stings," or, "goring," or if he wanted to make up his own damage. If he went with stings the M.M. says the damage goes: F= --, D=1, T=1d2, S=1d3, M=1d4, L=1d3, H=1d8, G=2d6, C=2d8; where as if he were to go with Gore damage the book says it would go: F= --, D=1, T=1d2. S=1d4, M=1d6, L=1d8, H=2d6, G=2d8, and C=4d6. ThOr he could keep Peck the same and just say he made it up. But the bite damage progression should probably be changed.

From a crunch point of view, I'd say they occupy the square five feet behind the Barngod and, since they are Fine-sized, yes, they can only attack things there.

Thank you for clarifying. ... I know by now I must just be seeming an annoyance(you remember I once said to tell me when that happens) But would you mind putting this in the description, so my players wont abuse the ability, because my players WILL otherwise.

Morph Bark
2010-10-10, 06:25 PM
Added fluff to Crunch!, added the Industrial Farmer sizeability and added the capstone ability Genius Critter.

I think I am prettymuch done here for now, so onwards to focus on the competitions/challenges/contests I am now involved in!

Thugorp
2011-03-28, 08:46 PM
Sorry but did you know that the wearsheep isn't linked into any of your other flaw classes?

Morph Bark
2011-03-28, 08:48 PM
Sorry but did you know that the wearsheep isn't linked into any of your other flaw classes?

That's actually because there isn't a seperate Weresheep class. The Weresheep can enter both Barngod and Tasted however.

Thugorp
2011-03-28, 08:54 PM
oh right thank you very much, I had gone mad searching. :-)