PDA

View Full Version : Left 4 dead

The_Admiral
2010-09-29, 08:55 AM
I just got around to installing my copy of it everything went fine until i ran the program for some reason i got audio but no video what gives?I use windows 2K

BizzaroStormy
2010-09-29, 10:09 AM
I just got around to installing my copy of it everything went fine until i ran the program for some reason i got audio but no video what gives?I use windows 2K

Well theres yer problem right thar.

shadow_archmagi
2010-09-29, 10:15 AM
Well, it *could* be something wrong with your operating system.

Or your graphics card.

Or your graphics drivers.

Or your monitor.

Or your installation.

Really you havn't given us nearly enough info to diagnose

junglesteve
2010-09-29, 10:49 AM

Procure yourself a copy of windows xp, mayhaps of the student edition variety.

---

Does windows 2k even support direct x 9? I only wonder this because of their stance on not providing directx 10 to windows xp.

Phase
2010-09-29, 12:41 PM
There was a Windows before XP?!?!?!

Mando Knight
2010-09-29, 01:39 PM
You're probably better off with a new computer, fresh with Windows 7. Unless you've seriously upgraded your system, a $500 laptop will net you more power in every aspect than anything that came equipped with Windows 2K.

The_Admiral
2010-09-29, 05:08 PM
Thank you my father insist on keeping my win2k hope this will convince him

mightymonarch
2010-09-29, 05:17 PM
Generally, the way I look at it, if Windows has stopped supporting it, it's time to upgrade.

There was a Windows before XP?!?!?!

The computer I use at work runs Windows ME. I think it only has about 64MB of RAM. Unlimited storage space, since everything's stored on the server, though!

Mando Knight
2010-09-29, 06:02 PM
Generally, the way I look at it, if Windows has stopped supporting it, it's time to upgrade.

Well, yeah. Or if Moore's Law has determined your computer to have its processing capability beat out by a portable device.

If I remember the scaling properly, a Win2K computer running specs that were top-of-the-line just before the release of XP, might have 128 MB RAM and a 1.8 GHz (single-core) processor. You'd need to double the processor speed and multiply the RAM by about 16 before meeting the minimum requirements for L4D. And that's only the CPU and RAM... you'd also need to confirm that you've got a dedicated graphics processor (GPU) with 128 MB+ of dedicated video memory...

Sindriss
2010-09-29, 10:49 PM
W2k is a piece of crapass software. XP is so much better. I converted to W7 on my laptop and stationary, and I have to say I to this day still miss XP somewhat. Such a great operating system.
Just make sure you install the service packages (there are 3).

IonDragon
2010-10-06, 11:32 AM
W2k is a piece of crapass software. XP is so much better. I converted to W7 on my laptop and stationary, and I have to say I to this day still miss XP somewhat. Such a great operating system.

Windows 2k was actually one of the better operating systems. The biggest difference between xp an 2k is graphics and the driver software. Win 2k had some of the best driver software out there. I don't know where you are getting your information...

MrPig
2010-10-06, 02:29 PM

You're confusing Win2k with ME. 2k was one of the better Windows operating systems. XP was complete crap before Service Pack 2.