PDA

View Full Version : Shackled City/Eberron

Andry
2010-09-29, 10:24 AM
I have recently ordered Shackled City off of Amazon and I was wondering if anyone has some advice on running it. Also if anyone has some ideas on converting it to Eberron all thoughts will be welcomed.

Thanks In Advance

aeauseth
2010-09-29, 03:27 PM
I DMd the Shackled City and I must say I was very impressed with the book/module/campaign. There are a few rough spots, particulary with the transition between chapters. Make sure you read the chapter ending summary and the intro to the next chapter so that you understand the transition properly. I seem to recall I had to fill-in a couple of places.

About half way thru I started my own personal wiki to keep track of all the factions & NPC's. I wish I would have done this earlier. It becomes difficult to reference the book when players are asking ad-hoc questions. I'd also suggest the party designate a note taker (helps the DM out a bit).

I modified one of the boss encounters from a "do it exaclty this way or blow up the world & start over" to "do it this way or take damage every round". This allowed my inattentive party to try out a few different tactics.

Party motivation and "what do we do next" were issues. I spoon fed some of the information. I probably could have done a better job if i left more hints along the way.

I flipped thru the book, read up to chapter 2 and started the campaign. It worked out pretty well by always staying 1 chapter ahead. There were times where I got stuck and had to take a 30min DM break while I looked things up. Reading the entire book before starting would have worked better.

Coidzor
2010-09-29, 03:33 PM
On the note of a personal wiki... http://www.tiddlywiki.com/ I started poking around with that while I was on a world generation kick about a year or so back.

...Need to find what I did and finish that world, actually, haha.

As far as Eberron...

Well, a ruined Dhakaani(sp?) city might be a potential site for the beginning to be translated to.

Andry
2010-09-30, 10:38 AM
At 400 or so pages plus conversions to Eberron this should be alot of work. But it should be fun.