PDA

View Full Version : The GitP RuneScape Clubhouse

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

Toxic Avenger
2006-09-04, 02:51 AM
Although I have broadband at home, I usually use Low Detail, as I can't get used to the rooftops. Sometimes, I use High Detail for the heck of it, but that's rare.

As for dial-up, in my experience it doesn't work too bad on Low Detail, if your computer is fast enough. Take my laptop at work for example...

Heh heh, I finally found my way past the Anti-Fun Filter. :D ;D

PokeTheBard
2006-09-04, 08:06 AM
I use High detail and just turn my speakers off during the RS theme music lol. Places like Draynor Village, Lumbridge Swamp, Falador (in particular the upstairs balconies in the White Knight Castle), the southern Karamja jungles and the wilderness really benefit from the detail turned up.

NEO|Phyte
2006-09-05, 12:34 AM
~3200 more XP until I hit 40 ranged, and then never look at it again until the day I become a member.

Now its time to make money so I can buy some green dragonhide gear.

This has been a productive day for me.

Samiam303
2006-09-05, 08:57 AM
Gratz.. can't say my day was equally productive. I tried fight caves again, made it ALMOST to the end, then died becuase I was spacing out and forgot to put prayer up. :'(

Well, at least this time I can blame my spacing out on being sick... ::)

ShipWrecked
2006-09-05, 01:05 PM
yay I was wonderin if there were any runescape fans itp thats pretty fricken sweet, I've been playing for just about four years now. my current account is a lvl 88 been hacked a few times over the years..

sn: omizell add meh ^^

LadyGlutter
2006-09-05, 04:35 PM
So. Today, I decided I wanted some splitbark armor. No particular reason, just did. Wanting to do it the "right way" I try to log into world 2 to get to the Temple of Mort'ton area. I can't get into world 2, no matter how patient I am. How does ANYONE complete that quest not in world 2? Right now my resources are at 0, my repair is at 0, but hey, my sanctity is at 95%!! I know that a lot of people just go and work on that when they want to work on craft skills, but world 2 is too crowded for other reasons.

I went to the forums and proposed world 58 (not my 'home' world, notice) as a Shades of Mort'ton world. If there is another official world, does anyone know? I'm trying to establish this little thing to improve the game for the poor people who want to get the danged quest done or some stupid fine cloth after they've done it. Let me know if anyone knows.

You know, there ought to be a world for several things, now that I'm thinking about it... Pest Control, Blast Furnace, etc.

Samiam303
2006-09-05, 06:16 PM
There are official worlds for almost everything.. Problem is just finding it. ::) If I can find the official Temple Building world, I'll post it here.. can't remember ATM.

World 78 WAS an official pest control world for a while.. problem was, all the useless low-levels came, so nobody EVER won anymore.. all the high-levels therefore stopped playing there. It has since died. :-/

EDIT: Haha! You were close.. Shade Burning world is world 59. :P

See quick-find code 20-21-653-24757270 on the official forums. :)

Thread seems to have vanished.. not sure if the group that was organizing it is still doing it. Worth a try though... If not, good luck starting it up again! :)

NEO|Phyte
2006-09-05, 06:35 PM
homeworlds... is this some kind of member-speak or something?

Samiam303
2006-09-05, 11:52 PM
Mm... not really. I meant official worlds, but I for some reason couldn't come up with the right term off the top of my head. 'Homeworlds' isn't really right, sorry. ::)

LadyGlutter
2006-09-05, 11:58 PM
Yeah, what Sam said. Though I do refer to world 60 as my "homeworld" just because that's where I hang most often. :) Not a member thing, just a made up phrase I guess.

PokeTheBard
2006-09-06, 08:46 AM
Yeah it's true I guess. I used to use World 11 religiously until I started up again and now i'm all over the place, especially with Pest Control. Dang it I need 5 more levels before I can use my whip!! :'(

Ego Slayer
2006-09-06, 02:03 PM
I don't have a homeworld. I always have the worlds listed with the lowest populared at the top and pick the first lowest.

I only go into populate worlds when I need to buy something..

I've got connections for PC worlds. There are certain, secret worlds for the high level players.. and I've got a 102 and 103 leveled friends.. So they know. ;D

Orkagon
2006-09-07, 10:50 AM
wow. u guys are hi levels. IVE only raised an account to lvl 7, but i scammed a lvl 40 yesterday so im fine. the art of scamming, makes life so easy!

Toxic Avenger
2006-09-07, 02:53 PM
Oh, geez...a scammer. ::)

Orkagon, you are just begging to be ostracised by the rest of us, aren't you?

Samiam303
2006-09-07, 03:30 PM
Orkagon, do you see the little 'IP Logged' thing on your post? That means that you CAN BE TRACKED. If anyone wanted, you could EASILY be traced to your 'scammed' accounts and be banned. Personally, I would like to see it happen. :P

Heiszedd
2006-09-07, 04:57 PM
Woohoo, got 83 smithing! only 7,310 more bars of mith and I'll be able to smelt and smith some rune.

Oh, and death to all scammers!

PokeTheBard
2006-09-07, 04:58 PM
Orkagon, do you see the little 'IP Logged' thing on your post? That means that you CAN BE TRACKED. If anyone wanted, you could EASILY be traced to your 'scammed' accounts and be banned. Personally, I would like to see it happen. :P

Or even more amusing, have your personal computer hacked, spied and bled dry. Someone with the right applications and malicious intent could within a few hours utterly ruin your PC and if your cookies where all intact, probably your bank accounts. Don't make yourself hated, it isn't big, it isn't clever, and the only response or recognision you'll ever get will be the likes of us thinking you're a misfortunate little whelp.

That said, I have no sympathy for the scammed either. If you've been scammed out of something you deserve to lose it because Jagex advertise blatently how to avoid it.

LadyGlutter
2006-09-07, 05:51 PM
I think the "misfortunate little whelp" thing actually does apply here. If I'm wrong, then forgive my charity. :-/

Yes, it never ceases to amaze me, "my account was scammed or hacked..." In Lumbridge the DUDE tells you how to keep your account safe! They added a flipping minigame in the Barbarian village that will give you, GIVE you something like 10,000 and spiffy rainbow colored boots for answering a few questions. There are security books on every general store in every city, with the exception of that one I stocked recently in Burgh de Rott. Axes, snails, and tinderboxes only there. :P How much more blatant can they be? I do have a little sympathy for a few victims of particular item scams, or people who are lured into the temple of Zamorak, but other than that? Come on folks, read the homepage of the game!

NEO|Phyte
2006-09-07, 06:01 PM
and spiffy rainbow colored boots for answering a few questions.
Ech, I HATE those gaudy things. I took the regular pair myself.

Ego Slayer
2006-09-07, 06:23 PM
*grumble*Stupid Slayer Master *grumble*

Anyone got suggestions on a good slayer master. One who DOESN'T assign 42 freakin' monkeys? I can't even attack the damned things because I've reached a certain part in the Monkey Maddess quest which just so happens with impead this ability.

How many times can you switch assignments? I'm pretty sure it's only once. Darned fairy master gave me 17 Bronze Dragons. >:(

I can honestly say that I have never scammed a single person. I've only been scammed once, but that was in my newbie days and I just lost a few uncuts.

Toxic Avenger
2006-09-07, 06:48 PM
Did you actually try the Bronze Dragon mission before you chickened out? :P

In other news, Level 54 Herblore!

Xerillum
2006-09-07, 09:29 PM
You all are lucky. I'm dead broke right now, so I can't be a member, although...Christmas IS coming up... *goes off and writes addition to list* I lost my first character, so, yeah, it is annoying.

BelkarsDagger
2006-09-07, 09:35 PM
...isnt RuneScape free?

Arian
2006-09-07, 09:50 PM
There is a Free-to-Play component, yes. There's also a Pay-to-Play component, which costs US $5.00 a month. (UK 3.20 [is it?], AU $8.20)

The P2P servers are (on the whole) occupied by higher-level characters played by more mature players, and there is a weekly update of content. The F2P servers are occasionally updated too, but most of the Best Stuff is only on P2P.

Ego Slayer
2006-09-07, 10:07 PM
Did you actually try the Bronze Dragon mission before you chickened out? :P

Nope! ;D

I figured two things. 1) I'd get fried if I tried it. 2) I haven't a darn clue where Bronze Dragons are.

LadyGlutter
2006-09-08, 12:16 AM
1) No sense of adventure
2) you coulda found out. I'll refer you to #1. :P

Toxic Avenger
2006-09-08, 12:37 AM
Yeah, what's your combat level now, Emo Ego Slayer...a pitiful 87, maybe 88? ::)

You could have at least tried. :P When I get Bronze Dragons for a slayer mission, I'll do at least that much.

PokeTheBard
2006-09-08, 05:51 AM
The P2P servers are (on the whole) occupied by higher-level characters played by more mature players.

I usually find the high-levelled members are often arrogant, strutting around in their full dragon and tarting it up with there triple-figure clvl. To many of these characters, everyone else is a bottom feeder, or at least thats the impression I get.

Samiam303
2006-09-08, 10:13 AM
See, I dissagree. If you're polite, the majority of high-level members WILL help you out. It's just when every low-level in the bank/dungeon/shop starts following them asking them pointless misspelled questions or asking for free stuff that they get rude back.

Toxic Avenger
2006-09-08, 02:31 PM
Like everywhere, you're going to have some good eggs and some bad eggs.

Example of a very generous level 100+:

Back when I was a bit noobier (level 40's I think), I started chatting with a L100+ when we started talking about quests. He asked me if I had done Dragon Slayer, and since I hadn't, I said no. Then out of the blue, without any begging on my part (Whoopin Man has NEVER begged anyone for anything, btw), he gave me a load of useful stuff, including a suit of rune chain mail. For me at that time, this was cutting edge equipment.

Example of a particularly surly, stupid, noobish L100+:

I was selling 100 Rings of Dueling in Edgeville once, when someone said he'd buy 20 from me. I went to trade, offered 20 of the rings, and he offered...

10 Emeralds and 2,000 gp

...ahem...needless to say, I didn't like his offer, and I declined.

His response? "WTF Noob!?"

I then tried to explain to him that I would sell for either 20 Emeralds or for 30,000 gp, which is much less than many people are willing to pay (sometimes 5k each) for Rings of Dueling.

Everything went downhill from there, and soon, I had put him on my Ignore list.

BelkarsDagger
2006-09-08, 03:48 PM
Like everywhere, you're going to have some good eggs and some bad eggs.

Example of a very generous level 100+:

Back when I was a bit noobier (level 40's I think), I started chatting with a L100+ when we started talking about quests. He asked me if I had done Dragon Slayer, and since I hadn't, I said no. Then out of the blue, without any begging on my part (Whoopin Man has NEVER begged anyone for anything, btw), he gave me a load of useful stuff, including a suit of rune chain mail. For me at that time, this was cutting edge equipment.

Example of a particularly surly, stupid, noobish L100+:

I was selling 100 Rings of Dueling in Edgeville once, when someone said he'd buy 20 from me. I went to trade, offered 20 of the rings, and he offered...

10 Emeralds and 2,000 gp

...ahem...needless to say, I didn't like his offer, and I declined.

His response? "WTF Noob!?"

I then tried to explain to him that I would sell for either 20 Emeralds or for 30,000 gp, which is much less than many people are willing to pay (sometimes 5k each) for Rings of Dueling.

Everything went downhill from there, and soon, I had put him on my Ignore list.

Similar things have happened to me in WoW, but thats another story.

*ahem* I've started playing RS, but still on NoobIsland or whatever it's called... just fought the Giant Rats.

Toxic Avenger
2006-09-08, 03:52 PM
Tutorial Island is the proper name, but NoobIsland works too. ;)

Btw, welcome to the world of Runescape, and to the GitP Runescape Club.

Heiszedd
2006-09-08, 05:03 PM
I only have a combat level of 78 and a total level of around 1200, I think, but I will always stop and answer questions if asked. Heck, I still enjoy going down to the southeastern mine by Varrock and just giving away rune picks once in awhile. I figure that maybe they will remember that and do it themselves when they are a higher level.

I have also been known to follow scammers around, even world to world, to alert everyone to his criminal ways. There is one scam that I believe is extremely effective and prone to vulnerable players is saying that Jagex blocks your password, see like this ******. I almost fell for that one a long time ago.

Ego Slayer
2006-09-08, 05:30 PM
I've got a few f2p accounta so whenever I'm on those I spaz out and report like crazy. I followed this nooblet through at least 5 worlds once for password scamming. If they were good scammers they'd turn private chat off. :P

Toxic - I'm too lazy to fight the darn dragons. I'll just get fried from the fire and I don't have many for anti-fire pots and the shield isn't all that spectacular. I was only assigned 17.. In 17 kills its not likely I'd get any items that would make all the food I'd use worth my while.

LadyGlutter
2006-09-08, 05:42 PM
Heh. Some tried to scam me through private chat when I was a nooblet. "Hey I'm a computer run by Jagex and you are our winner today! Change your account password to..."

Uh, yeah. Right. Suuuuuure.

Toxic Avenger
2006-09-08, 06:42 PM
Toxic - I'm too lazy to fight the darn dragons.No, I don't think it's because you're lazy...

[Heavy Hick Accent On]

I think it's because you're...
yeller!
[Heavy Hick Accent Off]

In other news, I'm rapidly approaching 1300 levels! Yay!

BelkarsDagger
2006-09-08, 07:03 PM
Okay... newb question.

In the Cooks Assistent quest, how do I get the egg from the chickens? I forgot.

Toxic Avenger
2006-09-08, 07:36 PM
I'll gladly help a newb...noobs are an entirely different story.

At the chicken coop across the river to the east of Lumbridge, you should see two places (I think it's two) where the eggs will spawn. It may be helpful to go when there aren't many people there.

You don't get the eggs by killing the chickens, btw. You only get chicken meat, feathers, and bones.

BelkarsDagger
2006-09-08, 07:45 PM
Oh, okay. I was trying to loot their corpses, examine them, etc. Thanks!

NEO|Phyte
2006-09-08, 07:47 PM
Friendly newb tip #53453

If you're going to be a packrat, store your stuff in a bank. Nothing sucks like losing all of your stuff to a lucky goblin. Its the #1 reason that I stopped playing Runescape way back when (I started playing again, only smarter this time).

Ego Slayer
2006-09-08, 09:48 PM
I DARE you to tell me this isn't the God Screenshot of All Runescape Awesomeness!!!!!!! (http://img386.imageshack.us/img386/4855/penguinsgifxo3.png) :D

I Can Take Damage and Walk on Water When There is Lag (http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/6705/waterwalkjg8.png) ;D

I'm also in the process of teleporting and labeling every place the main fairy ring can teleport you. :P

I Now Give You the Location of Fairy Code: ckp! (http://img71.imageshack.us/img71/9179/cosmiclandjy8.gif)
How Did I Bring A Jackel Back From the Desert?? :o Glitch? (http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/5657/fairyjackelwd7.gif)
Scenic Waterfall with Centaurs and Dryads (http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/8361/waterfallzi4.gif)
Need to use a Fairy Ring to go somewhere and don't remember the code? I got 'em all now! :D

I've forgotten to tell my uber-epic tale of Monkey Maddness. Or so it took my 3 times to kill the demon. Oh how I love getting pwned but not enough to die. Yay for teleporting when you have 2hp left. I ended up ranging it, which turned out to be very, very easy.

And of course thanks to Sam for helping me out immensely. I would have died of poison spiders and monkey guards otherwise. ;D

BelkarsDagger
2006-09-09, 01:49 PM
Oh. My. GAWD. If I used words to express my anger right now, it would break the language filter.

I just died, and lost like everything. I have a bow, but no arrows, no tinderbox, no axe, no net, no nuthin' besides bones, raw meat, and armor. *wimper* Is there a way to get this stuff back without violating the "Characters made by the same person cannot interact" rule?

NEO|Phyte
2006-09-09, 02:18 PM
Ouch.

Aside from the arrows, assuming you still had bronze gear, the various shops in/around Lumbridge should have most of that kind of stuff for sale. You'd have to make a trip to port sarrim for a new net IIRC.

You'll need to get some gold, but it shouldnt be too much.
Also, whats your IG name?

PokeTheBard
2006-09-09, 02:31 PM
Yeah, if you need to be kitted out with some alright-ish items drop Syncs a line sometime soon or just post me here.

I know some people don't like being "given" things, or have charity paid upon them because they feel they'd rather achieve it themselves. I just think it might be nice to give you a fighting chance with Full Iron or something.

BelkarsDagger
2006-09-09, 02:51 PM
My characters name is Rig_Mekspidr, and I'm usually on world 43.

And I'd appreciate any help I could get... it doesnt get much worse than not being able to start fires.

Toxic Avenger
2006-09-09, 03:13 PM
If you look at the tree stump in the chicken yard, there is a bronze woodcutting axe that spawns on it. I think there is a Air Rune spawn in Castle Lumbridge. There are several other spawn locations where you could find enough stuff (given enough time, anyway) to get back on your feet, so to speak.

I remember my first days playing Runescape. Getting owned by a bear, scavenging stuff from spawn locations to build my money back up to 100 gp...

Oh, those were fun times. I sure miss them. :'(

LadyGlutter
2006-09-09, 03:33 PM
Yes, ah the newb days. Killing gobbos til one dropped a BRONZE SQUARE SHIELD or Bronze Necklace, woooo! And selling it in the Lumbridge general store to go convert that money into a bronze ax and tinderbox baybeee! Gathering up all the respawns of knives in the basement of castle lumbridge to resell for 7 g each so I could get a pickaxe! I loved it.

PokeTheBard
2006-09-09, 07:25 PM
I have full iron with a couple of accessories for you, Oskar. I've got you added, i'll chuck them your way next time we're both on.

BelkarsDagger
2006-09-09, 07:42 PM
Alright, whats your characters name? I'm too lazy to read 20 pages.

PokeTheBard
2006-09-09, 07:50 PM
Syncs. You free now?

BelkarsDagger
2006-09-09, 07:52 PM
Yup.

EDIT: Yay! My life has meaning again! I'm happy. Thanks! Again.

Ego Slayer
2006-09-10, 01:05 PM
Oskar, what combat level are you at? I've usually got stuff sitting around my bank after clue rewards that I give to f2p players.

BelkarsDagger
2006-09-10, 01:36 PM
Combat... that would 5. But I havent died again, yet. And thats good news.

PokeTheBard
2006-09-10, 01:38 PM
When you have 10 attack, defense and strength, upgrade as much as possible to Steel. I know technically the prerequisites for Steel items is level-5, but it's only really *needed* at 10, and it's also difficult to afford that early.

Ego Slayer
2006-09-10, 04:40 PM
I think by the time you have 10 defence and 10 attack I'll have black armour you can have. Though just promise not to die. I gave this guy full black and he messaged me literally 2 days later to say he died. :P

BelkarsDagger
2006-09-10, 08:57 PM
I gave this guy full black and he messaged me literally 2 days later to say he died. :P

Youch.

'ts about all I can say on the subject.

Arian
2006-09-10, 11:04 PM
This illustrates the point very nicely.

Higher-level characters frequently have gear that's no use to them, but would be extremely helpful to a newly-created character. And they're often quite willing to give it away.

It's just being EXPECTED to that's the annoying bit. Being nagged and followed and constantly 'plz'ed at - my gods, I hate the word 'plz'!

My Friends list is in a state of constant flux :), because I'm always quite willing to add lower-level characters, in case they need to know where the heck do I find onions? (Rimmington) or do you have a fire talisman I could buy? (sure).

But what they normally want is for me to give them things, on the grounds that I'm rich and they're poor - as if this was an inborn and immutable difference between us, rather than me being (comparatively) rich because I've done a lot of things that make money, and them being poor because they haven't yet.

As if they think I got rich simply because someone handed me a big chunk of unearned cash one day, and justice demands that I pass some of it onto them.

So then I Ignore them, and wait hopefully for someone who actually (no!) wants me to advise them about something.

I'm a pathetic optimist, I know. :P

PokeTheBard
2006-09-11, 03:39 AM
As if they think I got rich simply because someone handed me a big chunk of unearned cash one day, and justice demands that I pass some of it onto them.

Why not? It's how every other MMORPG works.

Mainly because any progression in them requires you to stay awake for 48hr runs every time just to level up.

SIDE NOTE: Anyone fancy buying a dragon sq shield? I bought one and realised I needed to legends... :-/

Selling for 1.45mil cuz I want to shift it.

Kish
2006-09-11, 02:51 PM
Why not? It's how every other MMORPG works.

Uh. Well, I've only played two, but they sure don't work like that. (Although, just as in Runescape apparently, there's no shortage of people who seem to think they should.)

Mainly because any progression in them requires you to stay awake for 48hr runs every time just to level up.

Even allowing for the use of hyperbole for rhetorical purposes, I'm still not sure what you're thinking of.

(Using WoW as an example, this might be an example of the "you have to raid to advance" meme, except that you talk about leveling up, and raiders generally don't start raiding until they're at the level cap.)

I'm glad not to know the MMORPGs you're referring to.

PokeTheBard
2006-09-11, 03:48 PM
Hey, i might have been exagerating a little...

But the unmodded Soma, Lineage II and Blademistress I found quite difficult to get past the "roadblock" level... it is possible but it's very difficult without a jumpstart from your friend who coerced you into starting this MMORPG in the first place lol.

Ed: Needless to say, I gave all of the above up and came back to ol' faithful!

Arian
2006-09-11, 06:17 PM
Even allowing for the use of hyperbole for rhetorical purposes

<grin> You sound like Vaarsuvius. People will start accusing you of having brains if you don't look out. ;)

(if you didn't see my flattery in the "People you appreciate" thread, go and be duly flattened.)

- And, by the way, it was pretty damned hard to write, given that you don't use a gender indicator. From now on, your personal pronoun in any references I make to you is going to be "ke". :P

Samiam303
2006-09-12, 01:05 AM
Hey Ladyglutter, here's the list of official worlds I'd mentioned! :)

World 1 - F2P Merchanting World
World 2 - P2P Merchanting World
World 2 - Duel Arena World
World 2 - Temple Crafting World
World 6 - P2P Merchanting World Alternate

World 7 - F2P Tip.It World
World 16 - F2P Air Crafting World
World 18 - Pking World
World 59 - Suggested Temple Crafting World
World 60 - Blast Furnace World

World 60 - Cosmic Crafting World
World 66 - Law Crafting World (Ess Returned)
World 77 - Pest Control World Alternate
World 78 - Pest Control World
World 91 - Runecrafting Level 91 World

World 98 - Pyramid Plunder World
World 99 - P2P Tip.It World
World 99 - Law Crafting World (No Ess Returned)
World 100 - Suggested Pest Control World
World 104 - Trouble Brewin World

EDIT: Note! I didn't make the list, so I can't guarantee that they're all still correct. Don't sue me if they aren't.. :P

LadyGlutter
2006-09-12, 01:30 PM
Hey, thanks a ton Sam! That helps loads!

Ego Slayer
2006-09-12, 05:14 PM
Oh how I despise world 2. A friend of mine and a friend of his were going to Castle Wars in world 2. Though invited to come along, I took me at least 4 minutes of hitting the 'Back' and 'Forward' buttons to get in. ::)

Kish
2006-09-12, 05:46 PM
(if you didn't see my flattery in the "People you appreciate" thread, go and be duly flattened.)

- And, by the way, it was pretty damned hard to write, given that you don't use a gender indicator. From now on, your personal pronoun in any references I make to you is going to be "ke". :P
Thank you. :) I didn't see it--I rarely poke my head into Friendly Banter, though I do generally go out of my way to read your posts.

Beggars are present, annoying, and hard to sympathize with in, probably, every MMORPG. Some of my thoughts on the subject are better aired on a board without a rule against talking about politics, so I'll just note that the real-world economy is dramatically different from that in an MMORPG.

Ego Slayer
2006-09-12, 06:12 PM
Yeah, if you went around begging people for money or items in RL they'd think you're crazy. :P

rchiang
2006-09-12, 07:42 PM
Yeah, if you went around begging people for money or items in RL they'd think you're crazy. :P

I guess that's a matter of perspective. At least when I was in Berkeley, I was occasionally willing to give food or money to someone begging on the streets. In RS, I'm more inclined to reply: "Get a job!"

Funny how that works...

-Ray

Ego Slayer
2006-09-12, 07:45 PM
Well, I was more refering to someone who is perfectly capible of getting a job.

Samiam303
2006-09-12, 08:03 PM
That's the interesting thing about RS: Since there's no eating or sleeping required, it's not possible for anyone to truely be 'needy'. You can be poor, but that's not really a PROBLEM per say.

Ego Slayer
2006-09-12, 08:15 PM
Yeah, giving in RS is friendliness, not a necessity. There is such a large gap between REAL beggers and Noobs that a comparison of the two can hardly be justified.

rchiang
2006-09-12, 09:43 PM
Yeah, giving in RS is friendliness, not a necessity. There is such a large gap between REAL beggers and Noobs that a comparison of the two can hardly be justified.

And there you've hit it on the head. It seems like normal social rules for being friendly, talking to people, etc. are not really observed in online games. Conversations literally go something like:

Smithing level?
<Something higher than the person asking>
Can you give me free <rune,mith>?

And I left out the usual grammatical errors and spelling errors.

At least if someone is more modest in what they're asking for, I'll be more inclined to help. On a related note, what the highest level beggar you've encountered? (Mine was somewhere like combat 67 or 68 ).

Fortunately, that's probably not even the worst of being online. Not being female, there's a whole host of things I don't need to worry about in online conversations. :D

-Ray

Ego Slayer
2006-09-13, 12:02 AM
Fortunately, that's probably not even the worst of being online. Not being female, there's a whole host of things I don't need to worry about in online conversations. :D

Lucky duck. I am so truely jealous. Anyone else think I should take a trip to the Makeover Mage? I considered it once. Stupid noobs.. ::)

Arian
2006-09-13, 12:40 AM
I don't think I've told the story here of this particularly weird conversation:

Him: Wanna be my gf?
Me: No thanks, I'm married. :)
Him: To who?
Me: Er, to my husband. In real life.
Him: Wanna go out in the game?
Me: Um, no.
Him: Y not??
Me: I'm 35
Him: So?
Me: So I'd want to go out with a teenager in an online game, why exactly?
Him: Ur mean
Me (speechless)

"I'm married" normally gets rid of most of them, and "I'm 35" infallibly gets rid of the few who are left ;D - except that one. I was flabbergasted. :)

Re the differences between online economies and real life: PM me if you're so inclined, Kish. I'd be glad to hear your comments.

rchiang
2006-09-13, 01:47 AM
I don't think I've told the story here of this particularly weird conversation:

"I'm married" normally gets rid of most of them, and "I'm 35" infallibly gets rid of the few who are left ;D - except that one. I was flabbergasted. :)

Heh. That reminds me of the time I had to consult you on whether it was rude when some kid was asking me how much money I made at my job.

Re the differences between online economies and real life: PM me if you're so inclined, Kish. I'd be glad to hear your comments.

On a related note, there are several people who do some interesting research on the economics and social aspects of online gaming. I'd be happy to send out the links to those interested.

-Ray

Toxic Avenger
2006-09-13, 03:02 AM
Anyone else think I should take a trip to the Makeover Mage?
Don't waste your money. Your name will still be "Birdofgaia", which is a pretty much a dead giveaway.

It kind of reminds me when I was a lady for a while last year so I could do a quest (I can't remember the name of that quest). My name was still "Whoopin Man", so nobody was fooled. ::)

BelkarsDagger
2006-09-13, 03:05 AM
In other news (and far, far, far more important than anything anyone else has to say); 15 Woodcutting!! w00t!!

*chops Oak trees for five hours straight*

Toxic Avenger
2006-09-13, 04:11 AM
And be prepared to chop down trees for many, many, many, many, many, many, many more hours until you can chop down magic trees...or even yews for that matter.

EDIT: Congrats on Level 15 WC, btw.

PokeTheBard
2006-09-13, 05:22 AM
On a note related to gender.

It often worries me how stupid and short-sighted your average ch00b is.

I'm very much a male human in real life (contrary to popular belief! ;)) but my Runescape avatar is female.

Conversations which go along the lines of:

Wanna be my gf?
No, i'm a guy.
NO UR NOTT!!!111

happen to me far too frequently. Apparently it's impossible for these morons to comprehend that I can click one button at character creation instead of the other even if it isn't true to myself in real life... I pity these people for when they need to go out into the real world...

Ed: Well done on the Woodcutting, buddy! Keep up the good work.

Similarly, i'm 5000xp off of 60 def and being able to use my dragon! Consequently I have a suit of full zammy (inc skirt) for sale to anyone who's interested for 2.5mil

Arian
2006-09-13, 07:48 AM
Re using an avatar of the opposite sex:

True, both my f2p characters are male.

The first one is a "fighter"-type - I prefer to make fighters male, for some reason.

The other is meant to look as if he might be gay, or at least gender-ambiguous. That's the one with the pink skirt and the long pink beard. He's the most fun of any of my characters to walk around as. ;D Interestingly, he gets told he looks 'gai' every so often, but no-one ever seems to suspect that his player might be female.

Hehe, and his reply to "Wanna be my bf?" is "No thanks, I prefer guys." Well, I do! :D

PokeTheBard
2006-09-13, 07:54 AM
Hehe... oh how fun it is to corrupt the young ;D

Ego Slayer
2006-09-13, 11:55 AM
Don't waste your money. Your name will still be "Birdofgaia", which is a pretty much a dead giveaway.

How is it a dead giveaway?

I only have one male account. And that is only because it's name has 'V', and 'Vendetta' in the name. All I need now is the mime mask. ;)

NEO|Phyte
2006-09-13, 12:05 PM
How is it a dead giveaway?
because no (pre)teen male would be caught dead with that kind of name?

Toxic Avenger
2006-09-13, 12:11 PM
Exactly. I thought that would have been obvious to you, Ego.

Also, what does "bird" mean in U.K. slang?

EDIT: Of course, I know that answer, Ego; I'm just expecting you to answer it. :P

LadyGlutter
2006-09-13, 12:13 PM
I have gotten my fair share of "wanna be my gf" but it's seemed to drop off considerably at level.... oh... 60 or so. Not near as bad. It also improved lots when I became a member. I get it most when I'm wearing pink tribal and dye my hair blonde, for some reason. ;) I think that must be RS code for "I want a sugar daddy."

I'd be interested in the links, very much, Ray!

Ego Slayer
2006-09-13, 12:18 PM
Exactly. I thought that would have been obvious to you, Ego.

Also, what does "bird" mean in U.K. slang?

EDIT: Of course, I know that answer, Ego; I'm just expecting you to answer it. :P

Yeah, thats NOT what I was intending when I put 'bird' in the name. :P

Ahh well, I am the first... 'guy' to be caught dead with such a name. *dance* I guess the Dragon skirt is now a Dragon Kilt. ;)
EDIT: I feel so bulky. ::)

I'm interested in the links also, Ray.

PokeTheBard
2006-09-14, 08:20 AM
It's funny you should bring that up... since I have some monetary issues (and a pair of Dragon Legs and a Dragon Skirt), i'll be forced to walk about in a skirt, er, kilt.

I'm changing my avatar back to male. Just because I refuse to walk around in a Dragon Chainmail Bikini. Yes, I am that petty.

Ego Slayer
2006-09-14, 01:45 PM
ZOMG teh n33bism iz 5pr3d1n6!
http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/1545/freestuffguardzg2.gif

Oh how I love Photoshop.. ;D

LadyGlutter
2006-09-14, 01:53 PM
You are one hot bird!

Sorry. Not really.

PokeTheBard
2006-09-14, 02:17 PM
Making fun of NPCs is great, they can't fight back! ;D

Nicely done.

Ego Slayer
2006-09-14, 03:06 PM
You are one hot bird!
Psh, DUH! I think so too. :P

Arian
2006-09-16, 10:21 AM
Hot bird? That's why Jagex invented ice gloves! ;)

PokeTheBard
2006-09-16, 04:17 PM
JAGeX never cease to amaze me.

I'm raising my slayer, and the immense thought that must have gone into Crawling Hands drops... bones, gloves and rings... just amazing....

[/sarcasm]

Arian
2006-09-16, 07:28 PM
Drops can be odd. My much-beloved Flesh Crawlers are a bountiful source of silver bars, herbs, fire runes, dust runes, body runes, steel arrows, the bottom piece for the sceptre...

They're giant insects, on the Famine level of the Stronghold of Security. Where are they getting all this stuff? And where are they keeping it? I've never met an insect with pockets...

PokeTheBard
2006-09-17, 07:51 AM
One of my previous assignments was Ice Warrior. As you can quite clearly see, they're translucent and have NO manner of hiding their drops, yet somehow produce gold, herbs, runes, and even weaponry!

Ego Slayer
2006-09-17, 12:42 PM
The think the only monster that the got it right with was the ghost. They. Drop. Nothing. ;D

Heiszedd
2006-09-17, 09:49 PM
Check it out! I can now smith rune!!! (Tried to post a picture but it doesn't work.)
BTW, High Alching a rune dagger is 4800GP.

PokeTheBard
2006-09-18, 05:34 AM
Congratz, chap! Good job on all the work.

ed : whats neat rune ore worth on the market?

Arian
2006-09-18, 05:41 AM
Yeah, I'm pretty impressed, er jealous, er i/J/m/E/p/A/r/L/e/O/s/U/s/S/ed! ;-)

PokeTheBard
2006-09-18, 09:38 AM
I know i'm gonna regret this... but what is an icefiend, where can I find them and what lvl are they?

Ego Slayer
2006-09-18, 10:48 AM
I think.. they're at the top of the dwarf mountain. I was at the Oracle for a clue a few days ago and I'm pretty sure that's what those little blue devilish things were. :P They're like.. level 13 if I remember correctly.

I've gotten some pretty funny reactions from people with this whole 'guy in a skirt' thing. Someone insisted it wasn't a kilt; he went on about kilts having to be striped, and different colors, and representing a country and other stuff I quite honestly though was just pointless BS. I should have told him that I'm part of a country were the kilts are just red. :P

I'm never going to sell that skirt. I love it! ;D

Samiam303
2006-09-18, 12:27 PM
I know i'm gonna regret this... but what is an icefiend, where can I find them and what lvl are they?

http://tip.it/runescape/index.php?rs2monster_id=637

PokeTheBard
2006-09-18, 04:33 PM
Ok cool, thanks guys. Though I suppose i'll need to start ANOTHER quest to att them... :-/

Samiam303
2006-09-18, 04:37 PM
I don't think you have to. They are used in the quest, but I think you can still attack them normally. Why? You got them for slayer or something?

PokeTheBard
2006-09-18, 04:45 PM
yeah... only 15 of them though lol. What a waste of an assignment.

Ego Slayer
2006-09-18, 09:52 PM
Yes, you can attack them. I did when I was at the Oracle and I haven't started the section of RFD that requires them.

PokeTheBard
2006-09-20, 10:53 AM
Gah! The fairy master is OBSESSED with giving me Troll assignments!!!!

This time I won't change it i'll just do it... stupid Slayer Master...

I had to do a whole quest just to get to them :'(

Ed: Total Level 900

Toxic Avenger
2006-09-20, 12:49 PM
I love getting Troll assignments.

Why?

1. Because I can cast Trollheim Teleport, and easily get to the ugly bastiches. (Plus, I can craft Laws at will...)

2. The good drops accumulate at about the same rate that food gets used up.

3. They are easy (for me anyway) to hit, making for quick XP.

4. I just love killing Trolls.

PokeTheBard
2006-09-20, 03:19 PM
I suppose on the upside they drop Big Bones, which is always nice for the odd bit of Prayer exp here and there...

Toxic Avenger
2006-09-20, 05:22 PM
I should have spotted this before...

Gah! The fairy master...

...stupid Slayer Master...
BLASPHEMER!!!

How DARE you insult Chaeldar!?

EDIT: Uh, did I kill the thread?

Ahem, the above statement was made with tongue in cheek, ya know...like so:

:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

Samiam303
2006-09-22, 01:11 AM
Well, I have nothing really interesting to post, but since Toxic seems sad that the thread died, I'll mention that I just got 59 theiving. Actually, 59 Agility as well! :D

PokeTheBard
2006-09-22, 05:00 AM
Congratz. If we're talking about obscure achievements...

Yesterday...
12 Construction (was 10)
6 Farming (was 5)
64 Hits (was 63)
62 Defence (was 61)
62 Strength (was 61)
21 Herblaw (was 19)
33 Runecrafting (was 32)
53 Magic (was 51)

...yeah I was a busy chap yesterday. AND I'M SUCH A NOOB :'(

Ego Slayer
2006-09-22, 11:48 AM
I'm scared. I haven't played much since last week. I'm level 89 though. *dance*

Toxic Avenger
2006-09-22, 08:02 PM
Yah, I haven't played regularly for two weeks now. :(

And I can't even remember what level I am. :'( :'( :'(

ShipWrecked
2006-09-23, 02:24 PM
runescape is so fun, obscure achievements?
well i have
74 wood cutting
72 fishing
73 hp
73 atk
72 str
70 def
a combat of 89

^.^
my rng and mage are both low, there 63, and 64

Arian
2006-09-23, 11:55 PM
I'm sure no-one in the Clubhouse would ever denigrate another person's stats. But I'm thinking we need to be careful how we speak of our own stats, too.

See, if you say "My [skill] stat is embarrassingly low - it's only X", what about the person whose level in that skill is X-minus-20? What if the person has been working hard towards getting that level, and is proud of their achievement?

Won't they feel that if they say "Woot! I've reached level Y in [skill]!", other people might say (or think), "OMG u noob, ur proud of dat? ? ? ?"

I think we should all feel safe to be proud of our stats, whether the level is 9 or 99.

Toxic Avenger
2006-09-24, 12:24 AM
I proclaim Arian the "Winner of this Thread". ;D

PokeTheBard
2006-09-24, 07:53 AM
True enough, but if you're that self concious and worried about other peoples opinion you should lighten up - it's just a game.

Also if you do find yourself thinking "What a noob" about somebody else's stats, you should reconsider your view on other people, maybe you can help them?

Similarly, it's Stat Specific. Prayer, Agility and Herblaw will commonly be lower than a lot of other stats, such as mining and combat whereby it's possible to get a steady stream of xp. You're likely to have a low level in these stats because it's just not easy to gain exp in quantities satisfying enough.

Toxic Avenger
2006-09-24, 03:04 PM
it's just a game.How very true. It's too bad that most players in the Runescape universe don't realise that... :(

Also if you do find yourself thinking "What a noob" about somebody else's statsWhat about people who think that about their own stats? Like this guy...

AND I'M SUCH A NOOB :'(
Perhaps you should reconsider your view of yourself. I can recommend several self-help books, if you'd like... :D

:P :P :P :P :P

(extra smileys added for effect)

Ego Slayer
2006-09-24, 03:12 PM
My stats are boring and so-so. I haven't got any spectacular levels in anything. I'm cb 89 and still don't have my last minimum requirement for Legends. ::)

PokeTheBard
2006-09-24, 03:31 PM
Hehe... yeah, but hopefully (and I say hopefully...) I won't be offended by me thinking i'm a n00b :)

Arian
2006-09-24, 09:34 PM
My stats are boring and so-so.Yep, boring and so-so, and higher than mine in almost everything. ::)

- Re "it's just a game", there are a few different ways that can be said.

I see it too often to mean "I can behave like a total **** towards you, and it's not the same as if I treated you that way in real life. If you don't like it, that's your problem, because you don't realise It's Just A Game, Dude."

But it isn't just the pixels interacting with each other - it's the people interacting by means of the pixels. No-one ever seems to say "It's just e-mail, dude, get over it," or "It's just the phone", or "It's just a letter," as if not communicating face-to-face in those ways relieves you of the necessity to be civil or civilised.

And as far as games go, people do get immersed in the outcome of games and sports. People whose team wins at sports feel good about themselves, and the other team can feel bad, especially if someone else is generous enough to call them "losers". Face it, being a loser is a pretty despised sort of condition in our world.

Maybe it would be a lot healthier if people didn't invest their self-esteem into success in their goals and aspirations. But most of the world does it. It's not a "flaw" restricted to RuneScape players by any stretch. Is it too much to hope that people might sometimes decide to refrain from cheerfully and carelessly kicking someone else in the teeth?

PokeTheBard
2006-09-25, 04:07 AM
No, I just meant "it's just a game!" as in, at the end of the day you've just been called a noob by a twelve-year-old american kid who doesn't understand anything about life in the real world.

(Note: I'm not generalizing or stereotyping... well, maybe, but no offence intended to any 12-yo Americans reading this... unless of course you walk around calling people noobs)

I mean, just because they're ignorant and rude and they've called you something (which isn't really offensive, it's just pathetic), then you should be big enough to realise how insignificant those little whelps are and get on with your gaming.

...sorry, kinda got into a rant there :-[

Samiam303
2006-09-25, 12:01 PM
Well, given the topic, here's a up-to-date stats picture:

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/458/statsge2.png

I've given up on the fire cape for the time being, and I'm going to devote my time to doing barrows for a while, raising some money for my long-term goals of 99 in Cooking and/or Fletching. :O

For 99 Cooking, I need to cook 61,744 Lobs, which will get me to 94, where you stop burning sharks. I'll probably do that by buying 10k or so lobs at a time, and cooking them over a couple weeks.
From 94 to 99, I need 24,238 sharks, which I'll do 1-2k at a time. ::)

We'll see how long it takes me to give up on that one.
If anyone wants to trade raw lobsters for cooked, I never burn them, so I'd be glad to do it! :D

PokeTheBard
2006-09-25, 12:52 PM
What's the recommended stats/equipement for barrows? I want to run it a few times before they prices sink because they flood the market and make some cash too, i just want to know if i'm ready.

I want to invest in Santa's though, not skill items, so that if I have to leave RS for a long period of time like I have a couple of times, i'll have increased value, not become worthless lol.

Samiam303
2006-09-25, 07:44 PM
Just depends how you're gonna do it. If you wanna post a stats pic, I can reccoment a method.. Most require around 60 Magic.

PokeTheBard
2006-09-26, 06:20 AM
I have 53 magic and 34 prayer with pretty so-so combat.

Att 70
Str 62
Def 62
Hits 64

Do you reckon Magic Dart would be sufficient to down Dharok, Guthan, Torag, Verac and possibly Karil or will I need something heavier?

I'm quite confident I could bring down Ahrim in melee so long as I used Mystic.

Samiam303
2006-09-26, 12:12 PM
Hmm.. that's a hard call. Your combat stats are probably sufficient, but you'll go through TONS of food since you can't use protection prayers.. :-/

PokeTheBard
2006-09-26, 02:07 PM
Yeah I still have to get 10 levels of slayer before I can use the dart and my current assignment is trolls (Big Bones ;)) so i'll try to raise my prayer but it should be 37 by the time I can cast Magic Dart.

LadyGlutter
2006-09-26, 04:58 PM
For raising your prayer, I absolutely positively advise you to first do the quest with the ectofunctus before you do anything else. It's awesome, you'll never be excited about burying a big bone again.

I'll look up the name of it in a minute.

Ego Slayer
2006-09-26, 05:02 PM
I've never done that bone burying stuff from that quest.. yet I've got 52 prayer. ::)

The quest is Ghosts Ahoy.

Toxic Avenger
2006-09-26, 06:23 PM
For raising your prayer, I absolutely positively advise you to first do the quest with the ectofunctus before you do anything else.
Seconded.

It's really nice when you go in with about 250 Dragon Bones, and watch the Prayer XP soar into the stratosphere by the time you're done.

Arian
2006-09-27, 01:09 AM
I must finish Ghosts Ahoy.

You can use the Ectofunctus without doing that quest, note: it's just that having the phial makes it a damn sight easier to get there.

PokeTheBard
2006-09-27, 04:31 AM
So what, an area in the quest gives you something not too dissimilar to a guilded altar or whatever they are?

<--- hates construction

Arian
2006-09-28, 08:45 PM
The Ectofunctus is a big temple just north of the entrance to Port Phasmatys - so you don't have to be able to go into the town itself.

You do need to be wearing a Ghostspeak Amulet so you can find out how to use it.

It involves grinding bones in a machine upstairs, collecting some slime from a pool downstairs and then using them together at an altar on the middle level.

After you've finished Ghosts Ahoy, you can use the Ectophial, which is a direct teleport from anywhere to the Ectofunctus, and makes it a lot easier to access. But you can still use it without one.
----------

In other news: there seems to be a great furore about the newest updates. The interface has been rearranged and redecorated, there are new Guides in Lumbridge and Varrock, there's a free teleport back to Lumbridge for lost newbies - and if you believe the talk on the forums, EVERYBODY HATES IT. ;D

I'm really not that fussed. There are a few things I wish they hadn't changed, or had changed differently, but whoo-ee, the emotion behind it all among the rank and file!

I do rather regret the loss of the Lumbridge graveyard Agility shortcut. What, never again to have the torture pleasure of walking a-a-all the way around the Swamp fence until your Agility gets high enough to be able to use the shortcut? Yep, I'm sure newbies and free players are sad about that. ;)

And heck, the new Lumbridge bank! The people who have started Recipe for Disaster have earned the right to use that basement bank chest, don't you know?! And now Jagex puts one up on the top floor that just anyone can access?? The world is degenerating fast... :D

LadyGlutter
2006-09-29, 12:02 PM
Well... I'm of two minds on it.

First off, I am not wild about them changing certain parts of the user interface. I'm sure I'll get used to it, but every time I try to run, I fumble and click on the wrong control. That's annoying. But, I'll adapt.

I DO like the fishing animations better. And I like the sounds, hearing the surf is pretty nifty. I always have music turned off, so just hearing the ambient noises is not too bad in general. Now it really kind of helps to bring the world a live. Also enjoy hearing other people's noises -- especially when someone nearby teleports. That will come in handy when I'm messing around in my bank and a cohort gets impatient and teleports without me. :P

The newby pandering does get on my nerves a bit. I understand why -- lots of people, as is evidenced in this thread, die early on, lose all their equipment, lose heart, and quit the game. And Jagex wants to make money. So they want to catch those people who get discouraged early on. And I don't mind the basic equipment like you get on Newb Island. Giving people a tinderbox and bronze dagger, fine.

However.... I am not thrilled about the teleport and bank in specifics any old how. It is catering to a type of mentality that bugs me, the "give me stuff plz" people seem to be the target here. The level 12s who think you owe them something because ur rich. It does feel in a way like it cheapens some hard work I did that now anybody can teleport back to within three stories of a bank anytime they find themselves hopelessly lost. Maybe it's petty. Like I told Sam, "In my day, if you died and needed to get to a bank, you either hoofed it to Varrock or Draynor, or killed goblins til you got enough money to get to AlKharid." :D

*shrug* Life goes on. It's not like my panties are really in a bunch about it, but it is slightly annoying that things that before were something you worked for are now "gimmes" to hook new guys into the game. Whereas those who worked hard to get that Lumby teleport and that bank opened up... now don't have anything all that special.

edit: then again, on third or fourth thought.... if it keeps some of those new players who think they're entitled to bug anyone higher level than them to TAKE ME TO A BANK... maybe it is a Good Thing. ;D

Heiszedd
2006-09-29, 06:11 PM
One thing I really wished they would do on the interface is tell you what world you are on. Other than that, the update is OK for me.

Arian
2006-09-30, 12:25 AM
Not directly related to RS, I suppose, but I'd like some input from you guys:

I keep seeing the word 'mediaeval' (or, as American dictionaries spell it, 'medieval') spelt in the RS forums as 'midevil'.

This strikes me as a very odd pronunciation. I always assumed that whichever spelling method was preferred, people actually pronounced it much the same way, namely 'meddy-evil'. Maybe 'med-yeevil' if you were in a hurry.

Judging by the forum posters' spelling, though, 'mid-evil' is a very common way of saying it.

Unless it's just a whole lot of people who can't spell? :-)

rchiang
2006-09-30, 10:49 AM
Not directly related to RS, I suppose, but I'd like some input from you guys:

I keep seeing the word 'mediaeval' (or, as American dictionaries spell it, 'medieval') spelt in the RS forums as 'midevil'.

This strikes me as a very odd pronunciation. I always assumed that whichever spelling method was preferred, people actually pronounced it much the same way, namely 'meddy-evil'. Maybe 'med-yeevil' if you were in a hurry.

"mid-evil" is pretty much the way I've learned it.

Checking dictionary.com, it looks like the run of vowels in the middle of the word comes into conflict with the pronounce-as-spelled approach. Your pronunciation (as well as spelling) looks to be correct.

American English has had a tendency to drift towards spell-as-pronounced over time. (Like changing colour to color).

Judging by the forum posters' spelling, though, 'mid-evil' is a very common way of saying it.

Unless it's just a whole lot of people who can't spell? :-)

Man, don't even get me started on the American education system and where it disappoints (almost everywhere, as they like to say in mathematics).

-Ray

Ego Slayer
2006-09-30, 07:45 PM
I would just like to give a 'woot' to myself and a pat on the back, so..

WOOT! *pats herself on the back*

I descovered I have NO strikes against my account. I didn't know Jagex actually told you when you got reported.

:o

Clean. Booya!

Arian
2006-09-30, 09:04 PM
I don't have any either, but I knew that.

Why, what did you think you'd done? ;-)

Ego Slayer
2006-09-30, 09:31 PM
I've been playing almost two years.. I'd think by now I'd have done SOMETHING. :P

Arian
2006-10-01, 01:22 AM
Ego, you strange woman, what on earth would you aspire to have broken the rules for? :D

I have every intention of having no black marks after not only two years, but five, and ten.

On rereading: I suppose you didn't in fact say you did aspire to it. And you were congratulating yourself earlier for your clean record. But the tone of "I'd think by now I'd have done SOMETHING" confused me for a minute. :)

Heiszedd
2006-10-01, 10:36 AM
How do you fiind out the error of your ways? Do they send you an email?

Ego Slayer
2006-10-01, 11:21 AM
^: They never email. You get a message from then through their own system and if you look at the Appeal/Ban thing on the homepage you can see your strikes and the evidence against you.

On rereading: I suppose you didn't in fact say you did aspire to it. And you were congratulating yourself earlier for your clean record. But the tone of "I'd think by now I'd have done SOMETHING" confused me for a minute. :)
Well, I'm pretty sure people have said 'reported' to me because called them noobs or something stupid like that. I mean I report people for stuff quite often, I'd have though people would be reporting me, justified or not. :P

I have a friend who uses my account on occation for c-wars and pc because his membership is off and on (I really wish I could pay for a few months but I'm broke).. the friend who got reported for swearing. ::)

Heiszedd
2006-10-01, 12:00 PM
Cool, I'm clean also.

Samiam303
2006-10-01, 11:52 PM
As am I. :)

BelkarsDagger
2006-10-02, 12:02 AM
I most likely am clean too.

The most annoying thing ever is when people follow you for no reason. When you ask why, theyre either silent, or say "lol ura nub" which I really dont mind, but the following-me part is annoying. *twitch*

Anyway, after a week of inactivity, I'm gonna get online now.

Oh, and by the way, is becoming a member worth the money or no?

Arian
2006-10-02, 12:32 AM
Oh, and by the way, is becoming a member worth the money or no?

**YES**

BelkarsDagger
2006-10-02, 01:27 AM
**YES**

I shoulda anticipated the answer from posting it in a thread called "The GitP RuneScape Clubhouse." ::) Anyhoo, I'll look into it then.

Arian
2006-10-02, 04:35 AM
Especially since I was the one who started this thread and gave it that name.

The original RuneScape thread was started by someone rather less er, partisan (at least, not in RuneScape's favour), so it was named "Runescape... ugh". I thought 50 pages of posting under that heading was quite enough. :D

PokeTheBard
2006-10-02, 05:11 AM
American English has had a tendency to drift towards spell-as-pronounced over time. (Like changing colour to color).

I hate to be picky...

<--- is lying ;D

... but it was in fact the other way around. There weren't nearly as many vowels in the English language until the Americans split off, and then the English altered their language, adding in awkward letters "because they can". Sort of a 'we're better than you because we have bigger words' thing.

That said, American English is still very much a different language. It's comparable to Spanish and Portuguese, because there are so many other differences other than spelling in the languages.

Vaynor
2006-10-02, 06:52 PM
I just tried to make an account on Runescape.

Note the word "tried".

Whenever I try to access anywhere that's not the main page, all I get is a blank webpage. I refresh it, and the normal page appears. Fine, right? No. I'm making the account and I get to the first step, age. I input my age category (13-17) and push submit. I receive the blank page again. No problem, so I go to refresh it, and all I can get is the blank page.

Help please?

(Oh, note that I am on a Mac)

Arian
2006-10-03, 07:00 AM
Hmmm, not altogether sure.

Try reading the "Problems playing on a Mac" sticky thread in the Tech Support forum, accessible from the website - anyone can read the forums, though only members can post.

I had a brief look at it, and there do seem to be some issues with Java... though the sign-up pages don't use Java AFAIK.

See if it helps, anyway...

Vaynor
2006-10-03, 10:09 AM
It's working fine now, thanks. It was Safari that was the problem. I just logged onto AOL and used their browser (the only other thing I had).

BelkarsDagger
2006-10-03, 06:18 PM
So how does one craft runes again? I have an Air Talisman and a ton of blank rune essence, but I already forgot how to make runes. So, erm, please help.

Samiam303
2006-10-03, 08:31 PM
You gotta use the talisman on the alter of whatever element you're trying to make. For airs, the alter is just south of falidor, near the yew tree. :)

NEO|Phyte
2006-10-03, 08:37 PM
Also, look into getting a hold of a Tiara. Makes the Runecrafting process more streamlined, and frees up an inv space.

BelkarsDagger
2006-10-03, 09:10 PM
@^ Thank you very much.
@^^ Also thank you very much.

God, I dont care how much it costs, I am upgrading to a member whether my parents like it or not. So... many... non-...member... restrictions... *twitch*

Arian
2006-10-03, 10:06 PM
For US players it's $5 a month - a lot if you don't have it, no doubt (and for my part, I'm currently very glad my membership was a present from my brother, or it would have had to go by the board these last few months), but it's not much compared with what you have to pay for other games. And the updates are so frequent and so nifty. :-)

- Oh, the other thing about runecrafting - the talisman will guide you to the altar. You don't have to find out where each altar is before you can go there - the Locate option on the tal will direct you.

Samiam303
2006-10-04, 11:15 AM
Well, I'm definantly at the point of 'My brain is about to melt from seeing so many lobsters'.. ::)

But I got 80 cooking. :)

Ego Slayer
2006-10-05, 02:11 PM
Anyone care to tell me what Accept Aid, and Auto Retaliate are for? I honestly don't know.

NEO|Phyte
2006-10-05, 02:13 PM
Anyone care to tell me what Accept Aid, and Auto Retaliate are for? I honestly don't know.
Auto Retaliate means you automatically attack anything that attacks you. No clue about Accept aid

BelkarsDagger
2006-10-05, 03:06 PM
Accept Aid, I think might mean other people can attack things you're attacking. Not sure though.

Arian
2006-10-05, 03:23 PM
Accept Aid has to be turned on for you to get an interface asking you if you want to be teleported by someone else, otherwise they just can't do it.

Auto Retaliate causes you to attack anything that attacks you. Turning it off means you can keep on running past threatening monsters, rather than having to turn back and fight whenever some pest of a thing swipes you. :)

It's also useful if, for example, you're a low-level mining near scorpions. If Auto Ret is On, whenever a scorpion attacks you, you're 'in combat' with it, and no-one else can hit it for you. If it's Off, you're not 'in combat' as long as you haven't hit it back, and so someone else can take over 'your' scorpion even in a single-combat area.

Samiam303
2006-10-06, 01:47 PM
Well, in an unusual burst of good luck, I got Guthan's Platebody from the barrows! I'm not broke anymore!

Also, 82 Cooking. Still moving along! :D

Ego Slayer
2006-10-06, 02:18 PM
... *sob*
Congratz! :D
I'm so poor! Except I got someone to buy a Guthix pg. 1 for 90k :o That was 40k more than I expected.

I met someone the other day who claimed to have had 305mil at one point, currently 38mil cash, white phat, 2 dragon chains, mask set and multiple sets of Barrows.. He said he gave a friend full dragon or something.. He has a 89 and a 91 cb accounts.

You should be so proud that I didn't just drop to my knees and beg for 1 mil. :P

Arian
2006-10-06, 09:30 PM
**NON-SPOILERY HINTS**

Ever since I finished Elemental Workshop 2, I've been in the RS Quest forum answering other people's questions about how to finish it.

And I've encountered two major issues. Here are two non-spoilery hints to make your Elemental Workshop 2 experience far easier.

1) Your water wheel and bellows from EW1 may have stopped.

People run into this one when trying to do two different tasks. It's getting to the point that I start to say "Check the water wheel and the bellows" before I've even heard the question.

I don't know why not all water wheels and bellows have kept running since EW1 - mine were just fine still. But many of them have ground to a halt in the interim. :)

2) You haven't fixed all four of the machines.

One, in particular, of the machines works imperfectly (rather than not working at all) until it's mended. Make sure your quest journal says you've fixed everything before you embark on the next bit of the quest.

Samiam303
2006-10-06, 11:12 PM
... *sob*
Congratz! :D
I'm so poor! Except I got someone to buy a Guthix pg. 1 for 90k :o That was 40k more than I expected.

I met someone the other day who claimed to have had 305mil at one point, currently 38mil cash, white phat, 2 dragon chains, mask set and multiple sets of Barrows.. He said he gave a friend full dragon or something.. He has a 89 and a 91 cb accounts.

You should be so proud that I didn't just drop to my knees and beg for 1 mil. :P

After reading that, I just wanted to share this with you all: :P

Well it turns out i go check on zoid today, and i turns out
the pass has been changed. it happened within the past 15 hours
if anyone saw me on rs in the past 15 hours please give me the time.

ill give more information when i get home,

however the few HUGE things i wanted to do for my fellow tip.iters and
runevillagers will not go down as they were planned assuming my rares
are all gone.

I was planning a huge halloween drop of about 300m from rares. happening
over the corse of a week, (selling rares) and was going to take helpers
to drop the loots consiting of barrows, whips runes, natures ect.

the other huge bash i was gonna pull was going to accure christmas week
that consisting of over 2.7 - 3BILLION HAND OUT. I was planning on selling
a cracker and 12 santas and anything else rare wise (eggs pumpkins) accumulating that cash, and handing out 10mils
at a time over the corse of 3 weeks all the way into january 5th, and on newyears day a raffle drawing (would have been set up
december 3rd) would have had two winners of a blue and red phat
( i wouldnt have been able to hand out moro's green yellow or purple)
because i swore to him id give them back. I would never scam or hurt
a friend just to get wealth.

but these unthinkable bashes, which im sure no one has done? are completly spoiled due to people who steal accounts for wealth. i have a pin
but my rares were in my invintory from when i was gonna give
vapour rares for his cracker(selling it at christmas) for this drawing
and helping out vapour at the same time.

its all turned bad, ive been scammed several times in the past few months
loosing 2 guthan sets 2 dharock 3 verac and 4 or 5 torag sets.
along with a blue mask and a santa recently to some kid who made friends
with me just to get game money.

so the rares were all i rly had going, and wasnt going to sell them until
the time would have came to sell them for highest profit.

my bank has been deteriorating sence i rly invested in stuff, and scammers i loan stuff to and never seem to get my stuff back have
crushed my bank. im basically starting blank, which is going to be hard.

comments and support is needed, just when i thought the runescape community besides the select communities (tip.it and rv) have gotten
as bad as they could, this happends.

I will add more information when i get home in 6 hours.

And here's his bank pic from before the hacking:
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i316/Zoidnerd/300kburnts3withblue1.jpg

Ego Slayer
2006-10-06, 11:29 PM
That totally looks like an edit.

NEO|Phyte
2006-10-07, 01:58 PM
5 4 more Magic levels and I can high alch stuff!

Until then, a loooot of critters are gonne be toasted by my fire strikes.

aaaand i'm gonna need to go on another ess mining spree at some point.

Arian
2006-10-10, 08:06 PM
Got my Magic to 65 yesterday, so now all I need to qualify for Lunar Diplomacy is 2 more levels in Crafting.

I've been wondering if I ought to buy full mystic before I go... but someone told me it wasn't a Magic-based quest, and black dragonhide would be best - meaning maximum Magic *defence*, we presume.

But I don't have the Ranging level to wear black dragonhide, so I'm tempted instead to wear the best Prayer gear and take plenty of Prayer potions - that will let me Protect against anything that wants to assault me by any means.

I hope there's not too much combat... I've been playing on a P1 233MHz for the last several weeks. Reflexes (even assuming I had any to begin with) don't get a look in. Well, that gigantic red pompom on a stick that I use as a melee weapon does carry a Prayer bonus...

Otherwise, I suppose I just make sure I've got my rune pick, and my rune axe, and my not-rune chisel and tinderbox :D, and see where I go from there.

Ego Slayer
2006-10-10, 09:16 PM
I just must show this off 'cause I'm sucha a nooblet. (http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/5594/zezima2ei8.jpg)

Congratz on the mage level, Arian. I still need crafting and mining levels for Lunar.

Arian
2006-10-10, 10:53 PM
<grin>

I encountered Zezima once, in Draynor bank. People were shouting at him constantly, and flattering him, and abusing him... someone else mentioned that he had all chat turned off, and I definitely don't blame him for that.

Toxic Avenger
2006-10-10, 11:03 PM
Yep, I've seen Zezima before myself. Once in Edgeville bank, and the other time in East Ardougne.

Both times, it was the same crap that you saw, Arian: Nooblets harassing him constantly.

He did have his public chat on, though, presumably to talk to someone who was actually a friend of his.

Ego Slayer
2006-10-10, 11:09 PM
Someone care to explain this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qArKa0wRrI)? It's about 4 minutes long but I can't figure out why anyone would waste thair time faking it.

And what's all this about private servers?

NEO|Phyte
2006-10-10, 11:19 PM
And what's all this about private servers?

I've heard of private servers for other MMOs, basically people somehow manage to work out enough information to be able to code/copy/whatever an emulation of a legitimate server, then tweak the client to connect to it instead of the proper servers.

Never heard of it for Runescape, though.

Arian
2006-10-10, 11:44 PM
Private servers are used as a scam, Ego. They're set up to look like legitimate RuneScape servers, but they are not.

People log into them, thinking they will have the world all to themselves (for rock crabs or gem rocks, say), and that tells the scammers their user name and password. Bye bye, account!

If this truly wasn't filmed on a private server, it was obviously faked some other way.

NEO|Phyte
2006-10-10, 11:52 PM
*blink*

I realize its part of a scam, but how do the private servers communicate with the real servers to be able to use the real accounts? Or do they just say "lol account stolen"?

Samiam303
2006-10-11, 12:01 AM
They don't ACTUALLY communicate with the real servers. They just trick people into using their real RS names, TELLING them that they're using a real server. They then steal whatever information you type in.

However, they're more commonly used by idiot noobs to make videos/fake screenshots such as the one Ego Slayer posted. :-/

Samiam303
2006-10-17, 01:41 PM
Well, I got 82 Magic! Huzzah for Ice Blitz! :D

Arian
2006-10-18, 05:55 AM
And having achieved the needed Crafting levels, I'm now partway through Lunar Diplomacy. :-)

LadyGlutter
2006-10-18, 10:20 AM
How did you train your crafting, Arian?

Arian
2006-10-18, 11:34 AM
And ... done! :D

LadyGlutter: earlier on, I needed both Magic and Crafting levels,, so I was mining gems in Shilo, crafting gold jewellery, enchanting it and then high alching it, thus training both skills.

With the last two Crafting levels, I stopped the process after making the jewellery, seeing I already had Magic 65 and didn't need the extra Magic XP.

Of course, now I have access to the exceedingly powerful ability to magically Bake Pies, seeing that is the only Astral spell that you can cast with the minimum qualifying Magic level of 65.

But there's still all that jewellery waiting to be enchanted and alched, so I'll be able to do other things eventually. ;)

Samiam303
2006-10-18, 06:53 PM
Well, I must say that the 99 Capes are a slight dissapointment.. I mean, when they said it would give a slight boost, I thought it meant something INTERESTING AND HELPFUL for each skill. BUT NO.. just +1 level temporarily once per minute.

I mean, Herblore is one of the hardest and most expensive skills to get 99 in.. What does having 100/99 Herblore do?

ABSOLITELY NOTHING. It doesn't even make for a cool screenshot, as you can do exactly the same with a Greenman's Ale.

Same goes for Crafting, Smithing, Runecrafting, Fletching, and Farming. Most other skills it's such a little boost that it's not even worth remembering to USE. ::)

But hey, it COULD have been a decent update.. The suggestion has certainly been around for long enough.. ::)

Arian
2006-10-18, 09:19 PM
I think the capes are mostly meant as a kudos thing - "Yep, I have got 99 in this skill, see?"

Even the 100/99 thing is mostly for satisfaction value.

I recently saw someone in the RS Suggestions forum say "I think we should be able to get 100 in a skill." I said, "Why?" and I didn't see him give an answer, but it seems to me that people just feel dissatisfied with all those 9s. 100 is just so much more finished. ;)

Samiam303
2006-10-18, 09:34 PM
Well, yeah, but if you think about it, there COULD be much more INTERESTING bonuses.. I.E. Firemaking cape causing fires to last longer.. hmm. I can't think of any more offhand, but you get the idea.

Arian
2006-10-19, 01:12 AM
Although I haven't been there to see yet, I imagine that there will be a few thousand people in the Recent Updates and the Rants forums who are of much the same mind. :)

Samiam303
2006-10-20, 02:37 AM
Surprisingly, the feedback is mostly not bad at all. :)

LadyGlutter
2006-10-20, 11:41 AM
I know I've seen LOTS more high levels walking the streets lately. It apparently is just enough to get the street cred that wearing the cape and doing the emotes brings to get them out in droves. This week anyway, until the novelty wears off. ;)

Samiam303
2006-10-20, 12:08 PM
Well, honestly I don't think there are more of them; I think it's just that the capes make them more NOTICABLE. There have always been high-levels running around..

Ego Slayer
2006-10-20, 12:31 PM
I was round the forums the day after the capes release, I think it was.. like my weekly visit. Someone had a pretty big list of people supporting these capes for f2p. Personally I agreed with that, 99 is no different in p2p, than f2p. You trained to get 99, not paid to gain the right to wear one.

Yeah, the capes could have better bonuses but I think the emotes and the prestige are sufficient.

LadyGlutter
2006-10-20, 12:39 PM
Yeah, the high levels are OUT there, but not as often walking the streets. Usually when I saw lots of 126s, I was in Port Phantasmus( I know I spelled that wrong but don't know how.) or somewhere else with a forge and a little bit out of the way for beggars. :D I actually saw one in downtown Varrock. That's a bit more unusual. Or maybe you're right, I'm just paying more attention. I suppose it could be.

Yes, I agree, it'd be nice to let them be f2p too. Not like you could get an agility cape if you were f2p anyway. There's enough restriction there, and enough incentive to become p2p.

Ego Slayer
2006-10-20, 01:19 PM
Eeheh. I'm defiantly paying more attention. I think I need to take a trip to some magic trees or maybe Edgeville. :P

Arian
2006-10-27, 05:38 PM
The Clubhouse looks fine in its new location - it was worth the payment to the Real Estate Agent. ;)

Well, I've been busy while the forum was down. If you think you don't know any Law rune crafters - you're wrong. And if you think you don't know any RuneScape forum moderators - you're wrong there too.

*whistles nonchalantly*

Toxic Avenger
2006-10-27, 06:49 PM
Yay for Arian!

Welcome to the rather small group of GitP RS Clubhouse members who can craft Law Runes!

Ego Slayer
2006-10-28, 12:13 PM
I hit CB level 90 this past week! I'm so glad to be able to get into decent PC worlds now. ^_^

I cut, fletched and alched 500 maple longbows. It only got ~42k profit out of it but it got me to 65 wc, fletching and 66 mage. I'm supposed to be doing the same to yew logs now but I still don't have a high enough WC to get them fast enough.

I'm Chompy Bird hunting right now. I'm disappointed in my current prize goal but I'm determined to eventually finish the whole game. I've only got 350+ kills right now, but with a shiny new three black-feathered hat with in my sight. I swear, I'm never going to wear that one... but I think yellow is next in line.

Samiam303
2006-10-28, 04:05 PM
I spent a good amount of the week questing, I now only have 5 Quests to go until my quest cape! Devious Minds, Fairy Tale: Part 2, Lunar Diplokmacy, Mourning's End: Part 2 and Swan Song.
I got 70 attack, 80 Ranged, 82 Magic, and failed twice more at the fire cape.

As of right now, I'm getting the last farming level that I need for Fairy Tale P. 2.

Hmm.. anything else interesting.. don't think so.

Arian
2006-10-30, 12:39 AM
The one problem with being a RuneScape forum moderator is that now I see moddable offences everywhere I go.

You are not a mod in this forum, Arian, and these infractions are not your problem!

Lilly
2006-10-30, 03:32 AM
The one problem with being a RuneScape forum moderator is that now I see moddable offences everywhere I go.

You are not a mod in this forum, Arian, and these infractions are not your problem!
I feel your pain. I keep looking for the edit button on other forums I post on.

Death, your friend the Reaper
2006-10-30, 03:49 AM
Runescape is something I play everynow and then. I kinda got disappointed when my younger sibling turns out to be a far higher level. I may just be content to playing it everynow and then on a rainy sunday...

Arian
2006-10-30, 05:00 AM
I was in Port Phantasmus( I know I spelled that wrong but don't know how.)

"Phasmatys"

I'm back working on Ghosts Ahoy again. Apparently, it is even more shameful for me not to have finished it as an F-mod than it was when I was just a level 77. :p

I don't know where people get these ideas about what players Should Have Done by a certain level - and even more, what mods Should Have Done. Excuse me, they didn't actually appoint me based on my Combat level, or my number of quest points either...

(It was, of course, on my ability to spell "Phasmatys", lol. Though in all seriousness, my exceptional literacy - especially among RS players :p - was no doubt a contributing factor.)

Heiszedd
2006-10-30, 06:11 PM
I spent the time getting 86 Mining and 86 Smithing. I also am a member of the Lawcrafters Union.

Samiam303
2006-10-31, 01:52 PM
Got killed by Jad again last night.. IT'S A CURSE, I TELL YOU. :smallfrown:

Toxic Avenger
2006-11-03, 03:16 AM
WOOT!

I just hit 1300 total levels tonight, when I brought my RC level up to 63.

Only 2 more to go, then the Death Runes are all mine!

NEO|Phyte
2006-11-03, 04:08 AM
Assuming this calculator is correct, I am now a maximum of 558 fire strikes away from being able to high alch! However, its past 3AM and I'm tired.

Samiam303
2006-11-03, 11:56 AM
I've decided I REALLY DISLIKE fishing. At least I only need like 400 more Lobs for the level I need.. Then I can finish another of my 4 quests to go!

Ego Slayer
2006-11-09, 02:07 AM
Since when does the Reaper appear when you die? I was in Lumby and goofing around with the Home tele, and Unid Liquid and when I died... Guesss whooo...

I just had so much fun dying, and dropping random, noted stuff in Seers Bank. Unidentified Liquid owns.

Leveled once in fishing and twice in cooking from lobsters, but I've still got nooby levels. Fishing 400 lobs was a pain.

I finally got some Farming levels. Wow, being able to grow Ranarrs is so cool. 33 Farming at the moment. Now Con is lowest, at 25, so my few points from Tears of Guthix will go to that for a few weeks until it catches up to my nooby Slayer.

I can't wait for the Hunting skill. O.O

Arian
2006-11-09, 03:41 AM
Since when does the Reaper appear when you die?

It's part of the Halloween event. I understand that he first appeared last Halloween, and is doing a repeat performance this time round. :smallsmile:

Samiam303
2006-11-10, 09:38 AM
Hah. Another day, another Fight Caves attempt.. I bet you all can guess how it went? :tongue:

LadyGlutter
2006-11-10, 01:25 PM
Hmmmm... I've got a wild idea. You forgot to drink a potion or eat. Or forgot to switch prayers or soemthing. Or you blinked and somehow did something absentminded and died. :smallbiggrin:

I miss Runescape. Was the Halloween update cool? I've been offline for three weeks now. :smallfrown:

Samiam303
2006-11-10, 01:49 PM
Or forgot to switch prayers or soemthing.
Yeah.. that would be it... About 6 times in a row. :tongue:

You still got *checks the date* three days to do the halloween thing! :smallsmile:

Here's my complaint of the day.. I wear this to kill green dragons:
http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/6103/dragonslayingnj6.png

I think I've had something like 8 neardeath experiences with PKers just in TODAY..
EDIT: Another one while I was typing this. Make that 9. >.<

I mean, all I'd lose is black chaps and a glory.. Am I really that good of a target? >.<

Arian
2006-11-11, 01:52 AM
Sam:

I lost connection, and after I got back in, you were gone.

The price you offered for the rings is fine - since I didn't find you after logging back in, I checked on the forums - was going to go "Aww, we're friends, whatever" but it does seem to be reasonable in view of what they go for in the forums.

Buy them from someone else if it suits you or we don't link up again: I just offered because I had some on hand.

I'm going to try and log back in in a minute, but if I don't see you, I'll have to do some IRL stuff before coming back for the Fight Pits event in 2 and a bit hours. i won't move from the TzHaar bank in world 110, so if I'm online again at all before the event, that's where you'll find me.

NEO|Phyte
2006-11-11, 04:29 PM
I don't know what to do with myself :smallfrown:
http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/3263/rsstuffjs1.th.png (http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/3263/rsstuffjs1.png)

My primary goal is to get some full Rune. I've been working on this on and off through mining/smithing/alching, but even with a mostly empty mining guild, coal mining is a pain. I suppose I could go on an ess binge and then sell for massive profit, but thats 1) a LOT of ess 2) dependent on the player market, which for all I know has no use for ess currently (as you can see in the screenshot, I have public chat off).

And since I know its going to be asked: The reason I don't have a bow is because I have no intention of touching Ranged again until the day I become a member. With the f2p gear limitation and Fletching being member-only, its just not worth it for a f2per. The only reason I used it to begin with was to get the D'hide, to make splatting wizards for runes less painful.

Samiam303
2006-11-14, 12:32 AM
Neo, honestly unless you've got more quests left, I'd just sit down and look at your noncombat stats. For a nonmember, you've got good, balanced combat stats, but many of your noncombat seem to be lower.

Alas, it's back to cooking for me!
http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/9068/lobspy9.png

Samiam303
2006-11-15, 06:22 PM
For Arian and any of the others that don't live where I do.. :smallwink:

The Tip.It Events Team is now recruiting for members from the Australian and Asian time zones. If you’re interested in joining the team, please contact Honest1 (http://forum.tip.it/privmsg.php?mode=post&u=149), Arcticrunite (http://forum.tip.it/privmsg.php?mode=post&u=30820) or ZidaneCT (http://forum.tip.it/privmsg.php?mode=post&u=44).
More information about this recruitment drive can be found here (http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=568045). The TET is looking forward to seeing some new faces. Bring on the fun!
I dunno if you're familiar with the Tip.It community, but the TET puts on great events on a semiweekly basis.

Ego Slayer
2006-11-20, 05:10 PM
Runecrafting is decidedly Hellish. Anyone who has more than 40, I salute you.

I've got 1k ess, a Cosmic alter, and 37 RC, y nooooo me gusta. I haven't set my refusal to use the Abyss in stone but I haven't tried it yet. Sam keeps complaining about PKers and that's really not making a positive argument.

I've been working on a skiller pure since Halloween and have gotten so-so levels in everything except RC so far. I've only just started so I'm currently mining ess and going off to make Fires.

I've honestly had a nightmare where I attacked something with my skiller and gained a CB level. Ugh, the horror. O.O

Arian
2006-11-20, 06:41 PM
I was RC 40 or so as a non-member. :smallbiggrin: As soon as I got membership (and the needed talismans), I could immediately make Cosmic and Chaos runes, and it wasn't all that much longer before I could make Nats as well.

I've been neglecting the skill lately, but I did recently get to 52 and qualify for making Laws.

And I've never been in the Abyss. :smalltongue:

Toxic Avenger
2006-11-20, 07:21 PM
Runecrafting is decidedly Hellish. Anyone who has more than 40, I salute you.Yes, it is VERY hellish. You have no idea how long it took to get from RC 62 to RC 63.

And I use the Abyss ALL THE TIME. :biggrin:

As for PKers, I just bring along my Ectophial.

Ego Slayer
2006-11-20, 09:28 PM
So far on the skiller while mining (iron, silver, and ess) I've had people say some pretty funny things. A few have called me a noob (because I'm mining ore really fast), I've gotten told to go to another world, I've had someone say that I'm cool, and I've gotten an "up yours" also.

I'm disgusted by how many people have asked me if I'm macroing. I never talk... Mostly because if I'm typing instead of clicking I miss stealing the level 56's iron ores. :smallbiggrin:
http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/8947/1d20statshx4.jpg

Samiam303
2006-11-20, 10:32 PM
I've honestly had a nightmare where I attacked something with my skiller and gained a CB level. Ugh, the horror. O.O

ALWAYS weild a crossbow with no ammo. It's totally impossible to attack anything. :smallsmile::smalltongue:

Ego Slayer
2006-11-21, 06:18 PM
I got a Training Bow... light blue be spiffy.

Hunting!

Does this call for a "Woohoo!"?

I've got 12. I despise those with 63. How can you get sixty-freaking-three in ONE day?!
I was disappointed to find Tears of Guthix can't be used until later. Phooey.

Toxic Avenger
2006-11-21, 11:59 PM
Yep. I'm going to wait a while until I jump on the Hunting bandwagon. I don't want to be working on it when a big bad bug rears its ugly head (like it did for Construction).

Also, I want to wait for the ZOMGImustgo4tehhunting!1!!!one|even!!!! frenzy to die down just a bit.

EDIT: In other news, I have only 20k XP to go until I reach level 64 Runecrafting!

Ego Slayer
2006-11-22, 01:20 PM
*Dance*

39 Hunting, woohoo!
Now I actually log in to see that someone has been on and it's 40 now.:smalltongue:

The crowds aren't soo bad if you're tracking because the tracked animal can't be taken by another player (like ores, or logs).

I caught butterflies from 15 to 25. It's really, really fast exp, and there's not many people to compete with. I thought I was so awesome when I stood at the Sapphire butterfly's respawn point. It spawns every 10 seconds or so. :smallbiggrin:

Toxic Avenger
2006-11-22, 01:28 PM
Well, alright. I suppose the crowds won't be an issue.

But still, since there are fewer PKers waiting to ambush Abyss Runecrafters, I am soooooo taking advantage of that! :biggrin: I Runecrafted for over an hour last night, and I didn't see a single PKer.

Neftren
2006-11-22, 02:57 PM
Blah, I'm not a member >.< I wish I was though...

Samiam303
2006-11-22, 03:50 PM
For those working on hunting, here's some AWESOME tips from a friend of mine who no-lifed hunting to 50 in one day.. :eek:

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=571568

Toxic Avenger
2006-11-22, 07:01 PM
Yay for Hunting tips!

In other news, I am currently looking to buy LOTS of Pure Essence, not to mention selling LOTS of Law Runes.

If there are any Pure Ess sellers or Law buyers here, feel free to give me a holler.

Ego Slayer
2006-11-22, 11:51 PM
As of somewhere around 11:40pm.
http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/7466/ranks1tn4.gif

And, because I'm such a n00bl3t:
BirdOfGaia .................................Zezima
http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/650/katievzezev4.gif
Thanks to Sam for the screenshot. (Edited for your non-sidescrolling-reading-pleasure).

Sam suggested racing Zez to 99. I don't dare try. :smalltongue:

David94
2006-11-23, 12:22 AM
I've got the exact code for getting the oil can in the earnest quest in the basement level with the switches... does any1 need the info? (it would be helpful if someone posted a map of that area)

David94
2006-11-23, 12:47 AM
I just had so much fun dying, and dropping random, noted stuff in Seers Bank. Unidentified Liquid owns.
What is Unidentified Liquid anyway?

Samiam303
2006-11-23, 01:54 AM
You drop it and it explodes, damaging you.

Also.. if it's that close together, you can just edit your post instead of posting twice in a row..

Dumbledore lives
2006-11-23, 10:11 AM
I have a question, is hunting useful for getting any kind of materials or is it just a skill to have?

Ego Slayer
2006-11-23, 11:42 AM
What is Unidentified Liquid anyway?

It's from the Digsite Quest. You take 25 damage per dropped vial. Which is nice because I've got 75hp so it only takes 3 to kill me.:smalltongue: I was glad to find you can still open the barrel and get more even after you've finished the quest.

A friend of mine wants to make 120 Wild pies... which apparently endows heath, and a +5 range and slayer bonus. He says they sell 5k ea on "the forums" (which ever forum that is, I don't know). So, I'm supposed to help him by getting the chompy birds. Nice amount of money if he can actually sell him. He may have a CB level of 103, but he's not the brightest.:smallsigh:

Samiam303
2006-11-23, 01:51 PM
They sell insanely fast, 5-10k each. However, warn him that they have an incredibly high burn rate. To make those 120, he'll need MANY more then that uncooked..

Ego Slayer
2006-11-23, 02:25 PM
Well, then I guess I'm going to be getting some money. Sweet.

Even with his 85 cooking they're still going to burn a lot?

Samiam303
2006-11-23, 02:53 PM
Yes, a LOT. 85 is the bare minimum requirement to make them.. Think 50% burn rate at BEST.

Ego Slayer
2006-11-23, 02:55 PM
Ohhh my. Maybe I'll log in right now and see if he's on.

Still, 5-10k is good. o.O
And, I benefit from this a lot anyway. Money, and a new Chompy hat. Blue, ftw.

Samiam303
2006-11-23, 03:00 PM
Just in case I AM totally wrong, I'll just say that I've never cooked them before.

All I know is that even with 99 Cooking you still burn them a lot.. I'm basing it off two things. Comments from other people and comparing it to other food burn rates. I mean, SHARKS are 80 cooking and you still burn them at 99 without gauntlets..

Ego Slayer
2006-11-23, 07:43 PM
Alrighty, we tested 20 pies. He definatly didn't burn as many as it sounds like he would have.

My current goals: 150 Chompy, 150 pots of flour. Pity me.

:biggrin:

EDIT: How nice, I found a fake autominer site. Damn n00bz.

Samiam303
2006-11-23, 09:52 PM
If you still need it, I can get you the flour in a matter of seconds. After you've done Recipe For Disaster, there's a shop that stocks them. :smallsmile:

Ego Slayer
2006-11-23, 09:54 PM
It's part of the bank in the basement, right?

Cause I can get down there but I thought it only stocked 2 at a time... I was either going to look elsewhere or just get it myself.

Toxic Avenger
2006-11-25, 01:48 AM
I haven't finished Recipe for Disaster yet, so I get my flour at the manor (can't remember the name right off hand) north of Seer's Village.

In other news, Whoopin Man is now a level 64 Runecrafter! Just under 40,000 XP to go until level 65. Then I guess I'll have to finish Mourning's End part II...

Samiam303
2006-11-25, 01:57 AM
Honestly, M. E. Part 2 isn't all as hard as people say. I completed it at 60 agility using less then 100 Lobsters and no prayer pots. Only 2 quests left! :biggrin:

Toxic Avenger
2006-11-25, 02:01 AM
How long did it take you to finish M.E. 2, Sam?

Samiam303
2006-11-25, 02:06 AM
A night and the next day.. Really, it's just annoying, but not DIFFICULT. Lots of running around, but as long as you bring teles and recharge prayer pretty often, it's easy.. and you have to bank fairly often anyway, so just recharge prayer every time you have to leave the temple for anything normally.

Toxic Avenger
2006-11-25, 02:24 AM
Okay, sweet! Thanks for the info, Sam. I'll probably be ready to tackle that in the next week or so, then. I still have to make about 100 trips to the Law Altar first...and it seems like I get only an hour of playtime every other day now. Blarg.

Arian
2006-11-25, 05:01 AM
He says they sell 5k ea on "the forums" (which ever forum that is, I don't know).

Well, looks like that's one friend of mine I won't have to warn or ban... :smalltongue:

The Orange Zergling
2006-11-25, 07:46 PM
Uhh, wow, I really need to log on again... havent been on RS for weeks.

Ego Slayer
2006-11-25, 07:56 PM
http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/4544/75attackuv1.jpg
(I'm determinded not to let Sam pass me up in CB level, so I had to train a little :smalltongue:)

I've got such a short attention span today. o.O
Killed some Chompy birds (100 more to new hat). Mined some mith and coal. Trained on Fire Giants and Lessers. Smelted some mith. Now I plan on finally stringing the 400 yew shorts I never got around to doing, and alching them... Then I'll probably go back to Chompy.

My skiller got pwnt by a Mugger. How lame, huh? -.-
I lost my prince outfit so I'm stuck wearing my skele costume again. =P
I decided that wearing Wizzy (t), or (g) isn't such a good idea if you only plan on paying attention half the time.

Crispy Dave
2006-11-26, 12:30 PM
newb now starting ive played the game befor but only got to lvl 13 and i am trying to understand the game and im looking for any help from you players out there as long as your friendly and not some idiot password scamming