PDA

View Full Version : The GitP RuneScape Clubhouse

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Arian
2006-06-06, 01:14 AM
<looking round>

Ah, how relaxing. Just like a joint POH. ;-)

And a link to the original thread (http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=other_gaming;action=display;num=1133 129416)

Samiam303
2006-06-06, 01:41 AM
Awesome. We shall continue discussions of all things RS.

I got a boxing ring in my house! It's funfun! ;D

Alchemistmerlin
2006-06-06, 01:49 AM
How long have most of you been playing RS?

I was one of the original beta testers...

Jesus I guess that was almost 6 or 7 years ago...

Arian
2006-06-06, 02:01 AM
I see from my second post in the original thread (my first post was "So what is this 'RuneScape'?") that I started playing on 15 October 2005, so it's been just shy of eight months.

I became a paying member on my birthday, courtesy of my brother. That was 23 January 2006, so four-and-a-bit months.

Samiam303
2006-06-06, 11:10 AM
I've been playing since WAY back in classic... don't remember when exactly.

LadyGlutter
2006-06-06, 11:13 AM
I've been playing since... I think roughly Thanksgiving 2005, no, it had to be a little sooner than that but not much. Member for my Xmas present. :-)

Ego Slayer
2006-06-06, 12:59 PM
Oh.. my gods.. that video is freakin' insane! I can't believe that happened. Could everyone attack or just him? :o

Why does everything that's possiblely any little bit interesting always happen when I'm not around? &gt;:( ;)

Samiam303
2006-06-06, 06:48 PM
Just him... and I don't think you could even attack back. ::)

Ego Slayer
2006-06-06, 07:44 PM
On a 2nd level clue.. teleported to Lumbridge for my next location and I noticed a mystic bottom appear on the ground to the north.

I got everything but the sharks and a str ammy 'cause I didn't have room. The guy to PK'd him hit with a dds and the guy died of poison after apparently teleporting to Lumbrige.. WO0T!

*snip*
*snip*

Dang side scrolling.. ::)

rchiang
2006-06-07, 02:00 PM
How long have most of you been playing RS?

Stumbled across what is now Runescape Classic waaayyyy back. Probably 2001 or so--it's too far back to remember, but definitely by early 2002. But I have taken lots of breaks.

And yeah, I found the video for the slaughter off YouTube. It's a bit hard to see details, but it was definitely one heck of a bug.

-Ray

Samiam303
2006-06-07, 05:13 PM
The version on YouTube is bad... Look at Tip.It's article in the news called &quot;doomsday&quot;. They have a better quality version.

Toxic Avenger
2006-06-07, 06:16 PM
On a 2nd level clue.. teleported to Lumbridge for my next location and I noticed a mystic bottom appear on the ground to the north.

I got everything but the sharks and a str ammy 'cause I didn't have room. The guy to PK'd him hit with a dds and the guy died of poison after apparently teleporting to Lumbrige.. WO0T!

&lt;image snippity-snipped&gt;
That is sweeeeet! Yay for being in the right place at the right time! :D

To answer an earlier question, I started playing in May 2005. I started playing like a madman at first, then summer bogged me down with extra work, and then I got bored with the game for a long time. I just started playing more regularly again two weeks ago, regularly meaning every other day...if I'm lucky.

Construction level 23, btw. I have a long way to go. :(

Arian
2006-06-08, 09:18 PM
Rumour has it that one of the highest-ranked RuneScape players has died.

Reportedly there was confirmation on Tip.it, but I can't find it, and of course can't ask on the RS forums. :)

Does anyone know if there is reputable confirmation anywhere, and if there is, where to look?

- Speaking of Tip.it, I was looking for the World 111 video, but it doesn't seem to still be there. Or I'm looking in the wrong spot. Can someone check?

Ego Slayer
2006-06-08, 09:24 PM
Yeah my friend just mentioned that to me.. olde nite or something

Samiam303
2006-06-09, 12:09 AM
Hmm... Yes, The Olde Nite passed away of Colon Cancer. :'(
I can't give you any proof, but apparently the Tip.It staff knew his Sister's RS name and confirmed it.
And I'll post the link to the W-111 Video. :)

EDIT: The Video (http://rapidshare.de/files/22324118/durialhaxes.wmv.html)

EDIT AGAIN: Yay! 76 Magic! ;D

Toxic Avenger
2006-06-09, 03:12 AM
Here comes a little rant...

I really got annoyed with another player the other day...

I was selling 1k laws and 1k nats, when someone said he would pay me 600k for all of them. A very handsome price, not to mention the usual going street price for laws and nats anyway, so I said sure, 600k cash and you've got a deal.

Well then he says he doesn't have it now, but he'll give it to me later in the evening. I agreed, and I found him again later that evening. But instead of 600k, he offered me an obsidian shield instead!

He said that they sell for 640k, and I said that I don't care what they sell for, I'm not going to waste my time trying to sell something else, I want CASH!!! Well then, why couldn't he sell it himself for 640k, then give me 600k, keeping 40k for himself?

GRRRRRRRRR!!!! &gt;:(

Samiam303
2006-06-09, 09:20 AM
See, you gotta be more openminded... You'll get some great merchanting opportunitys that way. Make a lot more then you would have. But yeah, it is kinda annoying when you're expecting cash.

Ego Slayer
2006-06-09, 10:27 AM
I've got a fairly large bank sale right now and I'm refusing to take items. I hate when I say &quot;Bank sale cash only&quot; and nooblets still try trading me items. Though I did get an interesting offer of guilded helm for the black mystic.

1.3mil of 3mil!

Heiszedd
2006-06-09, 09:32 PM
1.3mil of 3mil!
Gotcha beat with 1.7 mil! Hit 57 magic last weekend and am enjoying the heck out of high-alching mith plate.

Ego Slayer
2006-06-09, 10:10 PM
I'm finding it nearly impossible to sell my Zammy kite and dragon skirt.. &gt;_&lt;
I want to buy a whip.. and someone was selling for 2.4mil and I didn't have the money yet.

Samiam303
2006-06-09, 11:48 PM
Well, I had 4.5m for a while, but I've spent most of it... I'm currently doing Barrows and hoping for a good item. :)

Arian
2006-06-10, 04:15 AM
My post to the RS Goals &amp; Achievements forum, titled &quot;28-doll swarm&quot;:

I released 4 clockwork soldiers and 5 clockwork dolls in Varrock Square this afternoon, but it didn't go as well as I was hoping.

For one thing, the clockworks don't run in non-members - I was initially planning to release them at the Lumbridge steps in a non-member world, but I found I couldn't do that.

And the crowd wasn't really very big. And the soldiers wind down so soon, and fall over so easily.

So here's the plan. I make 28 clockwork dolls, and I wait until I can find a really big crowd somewhere. And then I release all 28 of them at once. Now that should be funny. ;D

Second post:

- Okay, the dolls are made.

But where to release them, where?

There has to be quite a few people around, or I might as well walk up to three people and say &quot;Here, have ten clockwork dolls.&quot;

I want all the dolls to be in play at once - it will be annoying if people just &quot;snag&quot; each one as I let it go. I expect people to take them away in the end, I just don't want them taken in the *beginning*, when the 'dance' isn't finished.

This is a bit of a tough call. I may not release them today, I might have to try and come up with a better strategy to achieve my intended goal.

Hmm.

Samiam303
2006-06-10, 12:01 PM
Can other people pick them up? I thought they worked like cats. If you decided to wait, I'll be glad to come help out, maybe even expand it to more than 28!

LadyGlutter
2006-06-10, 07:32 PM
I can't make a working link for you, but if you search the forums at tip.it, you'll find where it talks about The Old Nite's death to cancer a few weeks back. :(

Alchemistmerlin
2006-06-11, 06:15 AM
heh my running scheme for Runescape for a long time was price hiking. Yeah, it's a jerk move but I was just going around, buying things for as cheap as I could find them, adding a reasonable amount, reselling. It works really well with certain items (theif's mask did really well for quite a while)

Ego Slayer
2006-06-11, 11:21 AM
Wo0t! 3mil! I now don't think I'm going to buy that whip.. I dunno. The money is shiny and I don't want to give it up.. iIr trabajar en mi casa ahora!
And make MORE money too..

Psh, screw all that! I bought a whip.. so now I supposed I'd better go use it on something. ::)

Toxic Avenger
2006-06-13, 06:21 PM
[gratuitious post to keep the thread from going to the second page]

Oookay Ego Slayer, you have had your whip for two days now...have you had any fun with it yet? :D ;D

In other news, I found a buyer for the nats and laws that I tried to sell last week. Yay! (only 1.5 million gp to go)

Ego Slayer
2006-06-13, 10:16 PM
Oh, well the Abbysal Whip.. is well very whip-like. And whip-like objects make 'Slayer happy. :D

I hit regular 19's with it though my friend says my max it 20. Me gusta!
Level 85 now, BTW.

Arian
2006-06-13, 11:48 PM
heh my running scheme for Runescape for a long time was price hiking. Yeah, it's a jerk move but I was just going around, buying things for as cheap as I could find them, adding a reasonable amount, reselling. It works really well with certain items (theif's mask did really well for quite a while)

It's known as Merchanting. Some players disapprove of it, others use it as their main source of income.

I don't Merchant, as such, because I object to paying for anything that I could either find or make myself.

(Wooden planks being a recent exception to this, but I do cut the logs myself. And I much prefer a trip to the Sawmill over a trip to the Wilderness.)

My own income comes mostly from selling Rings of Dueling (which I craft) and Law runes (which I don't, so far - I get them in drops from Dark Wizards).

Ego Slayer
2006-06-14, 11:19 AM
I couldn't believe the level 70+ I saw last week who had 39mil.. 39.. MIL! &gt;:(

Aparrently people have staking accounts and make tons of money off of the dueling arena.

My 2.55mil whip makes me feel poor now. ::)

LadyGlutter
2006-06-14, 12:31 PM
Poverty, schmoverty.

Hey, Miss Insanity, Inanity (which is it today, oh, looks like Inane ;)). What's important, is are you having fun? :P

Ego Slayer
2006-06-14, 12:44 PM
Yeah, but without money you can't get stuff. And stuff=happy. Yeah, fighting lessers and moss giants is fun. But without rune armor, berskerker helm, whip, glory, and weath? No fun. I want a dragon square.. 2.6 something mil.. Don't have it.

EDIT: Well, there's still about a million people at the cyclopses! &gt;:(

LadyGlutter
2006-06-14, 10:09 PM
So what you're telling us is that money does indeed buy happiness?

Arian
2006-06-15, 12:11 AM
2.6 mil, huh? The most money I've had in RS at the one time is 260k, and I thought that was a fair chunk. ;)

I spent more than half of it on Death runes, aiming first to train up to Magic 59 and then to complete Dragon Slayer - though for the latter, I ended up using 10 runes if that, so I have a lot of them left. :)

Ever since Construction came online, I've been making money and spending it, making money and spending it - so I'm not sure how much I've spent on my house in total.

I forgot to mention steel bars earlier as a source of income for me. You wouldn't believe how many steel bars I've sold to Constructionists in the last couple of weeks. :D

I'm just trying to think how I'd raise 2.6 mil if I needed it all at once... I'd probably do some concentrated Nature crafting and sell all the ones I made, alternating with mining the stuff for steel bars and Rings of Dueling - or pure essence mining, come to think of it, I believe it's selling for a high price - alternating again with hitting a lot of Dark Wizards in the hope of getting Laws &amp; Nats.

If all I did was directly related to raising money, I'd probably have 2.6 mil in a week :) - not forgetting the fact that I can cast High Alchemy (the reward of all those Deaths I bought), so just about anything I crafted could be translated directly into cash - by magic if not via the purses of other players.

I continue not to have the faintest idea how Ego Slayer could have as much trouble as she apparently does in making money!!

Granted, the fact that she seemingly wants 2.6 mil a week might have something to do with it. ;D

LadyGlutter
2006-06-15, 12:21 AM
Oh, I've been meaning to ask this every time I post to this thread. What on earth is a &quot;joint POH&quot;?

I think Ego Slayer's isn't so much having a problem making money as much as it burns a hole in her pocket almost immediately and she buys a new toy. Which is all well and good, but if she were to spend the money, on say, Construction, or Nature Runes for SuperHeat item, or whatnot, she'd be upping her skills. While she worked on that, it'd also bump her magic to be closer to High Alching, which she could then do with all the stockpiles of goodies in her bank from working on her skills, as well. But that's the long, boring way to go about it. ;)

Arian
2006-06-15, 06:01 AM
POH = 'player-owned house', like the ones we're making with Construction. I said the Clubhouse was like a house that we all owned together. :)

Re 'long and boring' - as I said, I really don't like spending money on something I can make myself, no matter how boring it is. Obviously, I choose skills/crafts I don't find intolerably boring over those that I do - and undeniably, I mine just about anything very quickly with Mining 67-and-rising.

OTOH, it's not as if Ego Slayer's level 56 is actually low. :P

- And re Ego Slayer being &quot;closer to High Alching&quot;, she can do it already. She's higher than I am in every skill except Mining, Smithing and Runecraft.

LadyGlutter
2006-06-15, 11:56 AM
Oh, thanks. Don't know why I didn't even think of player owned houses.

As far as money goes, see, there you go. I haven't looked at anyone's high scores in ages.... So, yeah, Ego Slayer, you can High Alch, baby, what are you complaining about? :D

Ego Slayer
2006-06-15, 12:01 PM
I'm too lazy. Its feel like it takes so much work to nature run (because I use Shilo Village, farther to walk but you're not fighting noobs for your own ess).
I really like monster drops for money. Fire Giants are good. Mostly rune scimmy and tons of fire runes. I sold 10k fire from those giants. Clue scrolls are good too. I'm no too big on the redundancy of mining, crafting, WC etc.
I've had High alch for a long time now but only really use it on Moss giant weapon drops and lame clue rewards.

Toxic Avenger
2006-06-15, 12:19 PM
Ego Slayer, if you don't like nature running from Shilo Village, I strongly suggest that you try running through the Abyss. A character of 70+ level shouldn't have any problem whatsoever surviving there. It makes runecrafting sooooooooooooo much easier.

Arian, I totally agree with you about not buying things that I can make myself. You save the money, plus you get more XP to boot. To counteract the boredom, I just switch off between skills once in a while.

In other news, I made level 69 in mining this morning. One more level, then all of the adamantine is mine! (or I could just drink a dwarven stout...)

NEO|Phyte
2006-06-15, 01:50 PM
Question:
Pure rune essence isnt marked as members-only in the IG mining guide, but where does one find it?

LadyGlutter
2006-06-15, 01:59 PM
You mine it the same places you mine essence. You simply mine it if you are high enough level. And it is member's only, at least so far as mining it. It might still be tradable to non members, but since it's useless to non members, they can't mine it. The reason it might still be tradable is that there was a glitch (for like a week) when they first put out pure essence, where all the essence in people's banks was turned into pure essence if they were high enough RC or mining level.

edit: It's not useless to non members, that was poor wording. But non members can't craft those runes, so don't need Pure Essence technically. They can use it though, I think.

rchiang
2006-06-15, 05:40 PM
Question:
Pure rune essence isnt marked as members-only in the IG mining guide, but where does one find it?

I assume in the usual places, but I think you have to be on a members server to get it.

And yes, Pure Essence is &quot;carryable&quot; by nonmembers--I've held on to some before.

-Ray

Ego Slayer
2006-06-15, 10:37 PM
Question:

Same places, and I do believe it requires 30 RC to mine.

Arian
2006-06-16, 07:02 AM
That would be a bit mingy,seeing the first rune you can use it to make (Mist Runes) can be made by a member at RC 6. What, you're meant to just buy it for 24 RC levels?

(OTOH, how many RC 6 members are there? I was RC 40 or so when *I* became a member, so... :D )

It's definitely true that you have to be *Mining* 30 to mine pure essence - it says so in the KB. There's no mention of a RC level that I can find, though.

Arian
2006-06-16, 07:14 AM
Ego Slayer, if you don't like nature running from Shilo Village, I strongly suggest that you try running through the Abyss. A character of 70+ level shouldn't have any problem whatsoever surviving there. It makes runecrafting sooooooooooooo much easier.

Yeah, but you have to do a favour for the Zamorak Mage first, and I can't think of a single excuse for Lumin to do that.

&quot;Don't you think it's unfair that the good guys have found a way of keeping us down that we bad guys can't use to keep them down in return?&quot;

Well, speaking as a member of Saradomin's Prayer Guild and an initiate White Knight - no, actually, I don't. :P

It's very annoying from an ambition-to-be-the-best-RCer-in-all-RuneScape point of view, but whatever, I'll just have to do it without going through the Abyss. That will be even more impressive!!

In other news, I made level 69 in mining this morning. One more level, then all of the adamantine is mine! (or I could just drink a dwarven stout...)

Damn, I'm only 67. *Hit the rocks, hit the rocks!* ;D

Toxic Avenger
2006-06-16, 09:41 AM
I also am a member of the Prayer Guild, as well as an Initiate White Knight, yet I still run through the Abyss. But then again, I did that little favor for the Zamorak Mage beforehand. If you don't want to compromise your principles by helping him out, more power to you. ;)

But don't fret over your longer runecrafting runs. Once you can craft Law Runes, if you can't already, the run from Draynor Village to the Law Altar (via Port Sarim) isn't too long.

EDIT:

(are we in a mining race or something?...okay then)
Yeah, you better get cracking on the rocks, I'm already halfway to level 70. ;D

LadyGlutter
2006-06-16, 10:25 AM
That would be a bit mingy,seeing the first rune you can use it to make (Mist Runes) can be made by a member at RC 6. What, you're meant to just buy it for 24 RC levels?

(OTOH, how many RC 6 members are there? I was RC 40 or so when *I* became a member, so... :D )

It's definitely true that you have to be *Mining* 30 to mine pure essence - it says so in the KB. There's no mention of a RC level that I can find, though.

I am nearly positive it's either/or... if either your RC or Mining is high enough, you can mine pure essence.

Though I once saw a level 4 in the Gnome Village. :o I have wondered over and over how he got there. Someone must have teleported other on him or given him a ring of dueling or something. I can't see a level 4 making it over Wolf Mountain without croaking.

Arian
2006-06-16, 10:53 AM
I am nearly positive it's either/or... if either your RC or Mining is high enough, you can mine pure essence.

You may be right. I had levels way above 30 in both skills when pure ess came in, so I have no way of testing, short of 'membering' one of my f2p characters and testing it that way.

Heiszedd
2006-06-16, 02:18 PM

HEH I'm 83 mining. Maybe I'll get to do some rune this weekend.

Ego Slayer
2006-06-16, 02:30 PM
83?!.. ahh but what is your smithing?

Samiam303
2006-06-16, 05:19 PM
Hey guys... there IS a drink that gives +2 mining... :P

Dwarven Stout (M). It can only be aquired from brewing Dwarven Stout. Every once in a while, one will become mature. :)

Speaking of Nature Crafting, I've started on a new goal:

Convert all this ess:
http://img58.imageshack.us/img58/5407/ess5ix.png

Into Nats! ;D

It may take a while. ::)
I'll post updates. :)

Toxic Avenger
2006-06-16, 05:29 PM
Um...yes, I do know about Dwarven Stout (M). In fact, I have about a dozen glasses of the stuff in my bank account. I'm brewing more (hopefully) as we speak write, and I'm saving them up for when I'm level 83 in Mining and Smithing. ;D

Holy Pure Essence, Batman Samiam! It looks like you'll be at the Nature Altar for the rest of the year. :P Did you buy all of that Essence, or did you mine it? How much is Pure Essence selling for, btw?

Samiam303
2006-06-16, 05:39 PM
The ess cost me 85 each... I bought 23k and some odd, and then mined the rest. I can usually average 1k runes crafted through the abyss per day or two, so it should only be a couple-few months... ::)

Ego Slayer
2006-06-16, 06:38 PM
85 EACH?! Daaaaaamn. Jagex really screwed the ess market over with that update.. I used to be able to buy ess from noobs at like 25 ea. :(

Toxic Avenger
2006-06-16, 06:44 PM
Yep. I think I'll be mining most of my essence from now on, thankyouverymuch.

85 each, that is so asinine! Logically, the cost of the rune essence should have gone down instead of the cost of the pure essence going up, since you can only craft non-member runes with rune essence now. ::)

But then again, who said that human beings were logical? :P

Samiam303
2006-06-16, 07:18 PM
Well, normal ess did go down. It's as low as 10 gp now. Therefore, if you have a high runecrafting, you can make good money off multiple elemental runes per ess...

Arian
2006-06-16, 08:15 PM
That's another of my potential sources of income. :) I craft Airs 5-for-1 currently. If I got round to raising my RC by another 4 levels to 55, it would be 6-for-1.

Samiam303
2006-06-16, 08:38 PM
Woohoo! Progress so far:
http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1699/natssofar7xt.png

Oh, and I forgot to mention, if I actually follow through with this, it'll get me 60 RC. :)

Toxic Avenger
2006-06-16, 09:49 PM
Sweet! You'll be caught up with me (RC 60) when you're done! ;D

And I'm glad to see that the price of plain old rune essence has gone down. And even with 85 each for the Pure Essence, it is still more than 200% profit when making Nats and Laws. :)

Samiam303
2006-06-17, 01:40 AM
Allrighty, I've revamped my goal. ::)

I was playing with some calculators, and discovered that if I used all 25k Nats in the Mage Training Arena, I'd be 88 Magic. Furthermore, I'd only need 31.5k Nats for 90 Magic. :O

I'm going to finish off 1.5k today, then get the last 30k Ess. 90 Mage... Mage Pot Ice Barrage FTW!;D

Toxic Avenger
2006-06-18, 02:14 AM
Go for it Samiam, when Christmas comes around, you can give us an update on your progress. :P

Yay! I made level 70 in Mining! Now I can mine Adamantine :D, but it takes forever! :( I guess I'll just keep mining Mithril until my ears turn blue. Two more levels until I can smith Mithril Plate. (after drinking Mature Dwarven Stout)

Arian
2006-06-18, 06:07 AM
Ooh, I like the Fremennick village. A furnace and some anvils in the same room!

Okay, there's no bank - and only coal, silver and clay in the mine. But if I take a near-full inventory of mithril ore up from Seer's, I can mine the coal in situ, and smelt and then smith the bars, thus freeing up inv slots for another round of coal.

This does not suck.

Samiam303
2006-06-18, 05:49 PM
Hehe... I've gave up on my goal already. I hope to finish it someday, but for the time being I'm just gonna make 4185k Nats, which will get me 80 Mage. Then I'm gonna go back to working on ranged, so as to try to get the fire cape again. :)

I made this awesome sig banner for a RS forum:
http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/3180/finishedsig6tl.png

EDIT: Yes, 'Sombrero de fiesta' probably isn't correct grammer. Sue me. :P

Heiszedd
2006-06-19, 06:08 PM
83?!.. ahh but what is your smithing?
Alas, only a lowly 75.

But I am in the process of smelting over 1000 addy. I don't want to smith them yet because I want to use it for addy plate.

Toxic Avenger
2006-06-20, 05:43 PM
Yep, I'm doing the same thing, only with Mithril instead of Adamantite.

With less than an hour per day of playtime, it's taking forever. Of course, I am mining all of my coal, that's what is taking so long...

Samiam303
2006-06-22, 11:08 PM
Yay! 78 Magic! ;D

My mining and smithing are nooby.. I hate all you guys. I can't even mine mithril. :-/

Toxic Avenger
2006-06-23, 10:55 AM
Who needs good mining and smithing when you have 78 Magic? :P

Anywho, I finally finished smelting 1000 Mithril bars...Yay!

But I'm only 65 Smithing, so I can't make Mithril Plate yet...Boooooooo!

I guess I'll just have to mine/smelt/smith Iron until I turn blue in the face. I have 70-some Rings of Forging to burn anyway. :P

[shameless product promotion]

Of course, I'd be willing to sell some of the Rings of Forging, if any of you are interested ;) ...my Runescape name is Whoopin Man.

I also have 20 Rings of Life, 150 Rings of Dueling, and 300 Games Necklaces...among other things...

[/shameless product promotion]

Ego Slayer
2006-06-23, 10:58 AM
My mining and smithing are nooby.. I hate all you guys. I can't even mine mithril. :-/

I can make as much as a mithril wc axe.. I got nooby mining and smithing too. ::)

rchiang
2006-06-23, 02:04 PM
Yay! 78 Magic! ;D

Congrats. I'll probably slowly crawl my way up on Magic, but since I'm not a member, there's not as much of a need. :D

Having high mining/smithing isn't a big deal. It's not quite the money maker it was early in the days of RS. I mostly continue to slave away periodically out of habit really...

-Ray

Samiam303
2006-06-23, 10:26 PM
Well, when combined with a good mage level, making iron/steel plates in mass quantities and high alching them is a great way of getting money/mage exp. However, I hate mining coal with 51 mining... :-/

Toxic Avenger
2006-06-26, 01:54 AM
Woot! Level 67 Smithing! Now I can make Mithril Plate if I chug a Dwarven Stout. ;D

A favorite technique of mine is to mine lots and lots of Mithril, then take loads of Mithril rocks (20 at a time) to the Mining Guild, along with a Fire Staff and a crapload of Nats. Then I mine Coal in the Guild and Superheat my rocks into Mithril Bars. Bank the Bars, rinse lather repeat.

Samiam303
2006-06-26, 11:27 PM
Congrats! I just got enough nats for 80 Mage, so I should get that within a couple days... :)

Also got 60 cooking tonight. Getting that to 70 so I can finish off Recipe for Disaster.

Arian
2006-07-01, 06:51 AM
My Total level just reached 1000. :-)

My Combat level is 69.

My highest skill is Mining 67.

My best-ranked skill is Runecraft 51 (ranked 74,911 right now).

I'm in the high scores for every skill except for Farming and Thieving.

I'm about 50 XP short of Slayer 32 - it was going to be my 1000th level, until I realised that my Attack was nearly ready to level too, and it would improve my Combat level. :)

- So my next goals are:

*Get another Slayer task so I can reach Slayer 32.

*Get into the high scores for Farming and Thieving.

EXCELSIOR! :-)

Arian
2006-07-04, 05:08 AM
I've just read in the News that the free-to-play update 'Stronghold of Security' is among today's updates.

I was saying to Adghar only a short time ago that there was a F2P update promised that hadn't quite come to pass yet - well, now it has. ;D

rchiang
2006-07-04, 02:51 PM
I've just read in the News that the free-to-play update 'Stronghold of Security' is among today's updates.

No kidding. The Varrock General Store is consistently out of the book. I guess it's the &quot;thing to do&quot; right now.

-Ray

LadyGlutter
2006-07-08, 04:30 PM
Hey, anyone taken on the Kalphite Queen in here? A couple of us are throwing around the idea and wondering if anyone has any advice for some noobs (level 73 combat myself) taking her on? Or if anyone is interesting in joining us on the adventure? ;D

Samiam303
2006-07-11, 09:02 AM
Hehehehehe... I'll come, but it's pretty hopeless. It uses prayers, so you need insanely good melee AND ranged, or easier, full veracs. Basicly nobody does it unless they're 90+ with veracs. ::) :-/

However, if you get some good melleers, I'll charge up a crystal bow and get mightely owned along with you! ;D

EDIT: Read this for more info:

The KQ Hunting Guide! (http://www.runehq.com/RHQSpecialReportsView.php?id=00471)

EDIT AGAIN: Oh, and that guide doesn't even mention the second form. ::)

EDIT AGAIN AGAIN:

Ok... I got bored. I donned full H.A.M. and went to kick the kalphite queen. Now, since you kick so fast, I was unable to get a screenshot of the actual kick, but I did manage to kick her for a 6. :O

Here's my screenie for the day:
http://img400.imageshack.us/img400/7669/kq6dj.png

EDIT ONE MORE TIME:
http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/9913/80mage9xb.png

LadyGlutter
2006-07-12, 10:44 PM
Well, poor SamIAm, I shall relieve you of your editting like mad and post SOMETHING. :P

First off, telling me NO one does something makes it a challenge for a fool like myself. So you've not totally discouraged me, only mostly. You kicked her for 6 in puny HAM robes? Wow. You're cool.

So, that screen shot has her with two prayers at once. And that guide is on my reading list, I promise. I don't know if we're still going after her or not now. I'll keep you posted.

Oh yeah, and gratz on the 80 magic, wooohoooo you!

Samiam303
2006-07-12, 11:50 PM
Heh... I didn't realize you could mage the second form: this may not be as hard as I thought! The idea I had was that if we all run in with dd(S)s, we can poison her a ton, then retreat out of the main room and watch the poison take effect. The second form should be easier, as I have pretty good ranged and mage. I don't know your ranged or mage, but if we can get a good party of 6-10 people, we may have a chance of a kill! :D

LightBringer
2006-07-13, 12:27 PM
Hey Sam, I'm the other fool planning on this with Lady. We have 3 total. Gawen5, LadyGlutter, and myself(CrazyAce66). We've been debating for awhile but knew we needed help. If you join in that's 4. I was thinking of trying with 6. We tried all the friends we could think of that we trusted, but we seem to be the only crazy folks we know.

I like the poison idea. If we hit her with ranged and magic so that those are the prayers she turns on then those with poisoned melee could hit her.

Samiam303
2006-07-13, 06:28 PM
No... the prayers don't change. The first form prays against ranged and mage, then form two prays against melee. We don't have to worry about prayers switching.

LadyGlutter
2006-07-13, 07:38 PM
Watch her drop a guam leaf for us.

Or a tuna.

Samiam303
2006-07-13, 08:15 PM
Rofl. Well, if we can kill it once we can kill it again... :P

LightBringer
2006-07-14, 12:57 PM
Thats my thoughts on it. I was debating what we should do with Gawen5, with the drop, if we kill it. We had several ideas, but I suppose we'll finish that when we all get together. Right now he is working on getting a dd(S) for me and him. I'm thinking if we can't find anybody else the four of us may as well go get our butts kicked, and see how far we can get. Looks like we might be ready for this weekend.

And about those prayers not changing, OH YEAH .

Samiam303
2006-07-14, 10:58 PM
Ummm... what were you thinking about the drop? The obvious thing would be to simply sell the drop immediatly and split the profit...

Haha... I just got a dd(P), some sharks and a couple super restores and went to solo the KQ. I'm hosting the video on YouTube now. ::) ;D

EDIT: Here! Sam's KQ Adventure (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwHJ7aHdgYQ)

LadyGlutter
2006-07-15, 01:56 PM
Okay, Sam, it's taking forever for my computer to download that, but I'm working on it. I'm sure it will be very entertaining. ;D

We're thinking about tonight... are you in US time zones? We're all CST. When would be good for you?

edit: We're talking about a 4 way split of the booty. After watching that video, I'm a little concerned about that being a moot point. I didn't see even one time she was affected by that poison, or did I just miss it?

Samiam303
2006-07-15, 08:57 PM
No, poison never hit. However, I WAS using a dd(P), so if we get dd(+) then the poison will be much faster.

I can't do tonight unless MAYBE if it's REALLY late... and I'm in EST.

LadyGlutter
2006-07-16, 08:05 PM
Well, thanks for spending so many sharks on a scouting expedition, Sam. We shall pick up the challenge again once we are much better prepared. I wouldn't mind a hard fight, neither would the others, but to NEVER get through? No fun. Love that you kicked her in HAM for 6 though, still.

Anyway, it's a nice long term goal, like mining Runite. :)

Arian
2006-07-16, 08:13 PM
I'm sort of glad you didn't go... I was thinking of coming with you, but Now is a bad time, with regard to both my in-game goals and my RL commitments. I've been on holidays, but my TAFE (college) classes start up again tonight.

Of course, the significant time-zone difference may make it impossible for me to join you whenever you decide to do it. :)

Samiam303
2006-07-17, 12:20 AM
Yeah... and I wasn't really looking forwards to going either. ::) I just got massively PKed yesterday and lost several hundred K in items, so I'm taking some time off killing difficult things to work on questing, skilling and making money again. :)

LightBringer
2006-07-17, 01:05 PM
Not a problem Sam. Like Lady said, it's going to be a while. We ended up going after some black dragons, but I told you about that.

Arian, if you would like to be in on some future stuff let us know. Send me your id, and I'll add you to my friends list. We're up at really late hours so we might could plan something. Really we are just trying to get together a group of about 6 people we can grow with and gain some trust in. When it comes to a dragon chain drop, and you were the only one who hadn't teleported away yet, and the creature died. We want everyone to KNOW they are going to tell the truth, and get their cut. After all, it takes a lot of investment in equipment and food, just to go and try. Like we found out against the Iron Dragons :D .

Samiam303
2006-07-17, 01:10 PM
As I said, black dragons pose no threat at all. There are easy safespots, and can be killed in a matter of seconds by anyone with half decent stats. -.-

LadyGlutter
2006-07-17, 01:23 PM
I don't know, Arian, it seems you and I coincide on our times online many times, strangely enough. It wasn't that hard to get you that talisman that time, anyway. :-)

Sam, yeah, the blacks, no big. The Iron and Steel, however, Not Worth The Effort. Just yet anyway. ;)

Samiam303
2006-07-17, 05:21 PM
Meh... With Antifire Pots, those are a breeze too. Mebbe I'll make a video of every type of dragon being slayed by Sam. ::) ;D

LadyGlutter
2006-07-17, 05:30 PM
Let's see. Antifire potions... Hm, level 69 herblore, what's the big deal? ;) Herblore is horrible to train, but I've been trying to be good about it and not sell my unidentified stuff. Maybe one day I too shall make an antifire potion.

Samiam303
2006-07-17, 10:06 PM
I just buy them. They cost 4k each, and each dose lasts five minutes, so you need very few of them. :)

LadyGlutter
2006-07-18, 10:51 AM
Yeah, I figured you bought them. However, I find merchanting to be tedious, especially since the &quot;trade worlds&quot; hang up my computer. Soon I shall have DSL and that should be a problem of the past though. But standing in a normal world looking for someone with antifire pots they are willing to part with can be a hassle. I know, I should grow some patience.

Samiam303
2006-07-18, 12:42 PM
Ouch. Dial-up sucks. Anyway, potions are always really easy to find on the forums. I never try buying them in-game unless there's NOBODY on forums.

Arian
2006-07-20, 11:40 PM
For curiosity's sake, I made a list of which spells used which combinations of elemental runes, and therefore which ones could be cast using which Combination runes.

Then, having done all the work, I thought I'd share it with you guys. :)

The number before the ')' is the Magic level needed to cast the spell, of course. The number after the name of the spell is the number of that Combination rune needed. If a spell uses e.g. 4 Fire and 3 Air, the notation is &quot;3 {+1 Fire}&quot;, to show what other rune would be needed to keep from spending another Combination rune.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

*Mist (Air / Water)*

5) Water Strike 1
23) Water Bolt 2
37) Falador Teleport 1 {+2 Air}
47) Water Blast 3
65) Water Wave 5 {+2 Water}

*Dust (Air / Earth)*

9) Earth Strike 1 {+1 Earth}
29) Earth Bolt 2 {+1 Earth}
31) Lumbridge Teleport 1 {+2 Air}
39) Crumble Undead 2
40) Teleport to House 1
53) Earth Blast 3 {+1 Earth}
70) Earth Wave 5 {+2 Earth}

*Mud (Water / Earth)*

3) Confuse 2 {+1 Water}
11) Weaken 2 {+1 Water}
15) Bones to Bananas 2
19) Curse 2 {+1 Earth}
20) Bind 3
50) Snare 4
60) Bones to Peaches 4
66) Vulnerability 5
68 ) Level-5 Enchant 15
73) Enfeeble 8
79) Entangle 5
80) Stun 12

*Smoke (Air / Fire)*

13) Fire Strike 2 {+1 Fire]
25) Varrock Teleport 1 {+2 Air}
35) Fire Bolt 3 {+1 Fire}
59) Fire Blast 4 {+1 Fire}
60) Saradomin Strike 2 {+2 Air}
60) Claws of Guthix 1 {+3 Air}
60) Flames of Zamorak 1 {+3 Fire}
75) Fire Wave 5 {+2 Fire}
80) Charge 3

*Steam (Water / Fire)*

64) Teleport to Ape Atoll 2

*Lava (Earth / Fire)*

87) Level-6 Enchant 20

Samiam303
2006-07-20, 11:54 PM
...Wow. That's pretty awesome, but made slightly pointless by the fact that basicly nobody makes Combo Runes... :-/

But quite awesome nonetheless. As a mage, I appreciate it! :D

LadyGlutter
2006-07-21, 12:05 AM
Hey I inherited a LOT of combo runes from a RuneScape retiree recently.

&quot;What's this?&quot;

&quot;Combo runes, duh!&quot;

&quot;What, those things you make with a binding necklace?&quot;

&quot;What are you a n00b?&quot; (Keep in mind, this was a real live conversation whilst trading on the game.)

&quot;Really, why are you quitting RS again? If you took the time to do all this....&quot;

&quot;The last month I played I did nothing but get my runecraft up to craft natures and my fishing up to karambwan. Kind of anticlimatic. I retired and became a fisherman. Bored now.&quot;

I bet he was. A month of nothing but fishing and runecrafting, no breaks. I'd burn out too.

Samiam303
2006-07-21, 12:16 AM
Yeah... sounds pretty boring. On the other hand, sounds like something I'd do! ;D :P

What was his Username? I wanna look him up. :)

Arian
2006-07-21, 12:25 AM
...Wow. That's pretty awesome, but made slightly pointless by the fact that basicly nobody makes Combo Runes... :-/

But quite awesome nonetheless. As a mage, I appreciate it! :D

I've been known to make them. I have squillions of spare talismans floating round the place, and it's all RC experience.

In any case, monsters drop them - Flesh Crawlers drop a lot of Dust runes, for example - and you can win them in the Mage Training Arena.

So if for any reason you happen to ever have a Steam rune come into your possession, you'll know what it can be used for. ;D

Samiam303
2006-07-21, 01:21 AM
Yeah, that's a good point. However, I don't kill many odd things like Flesh Crawlers, and I'm saving all my Mage Arena Points for Infinity. So far, I have over 1700 Alchemy points, or enough for Full Inf. However, I still need the other points... ::) :-[

EDIT: And, with the coming of 1200 Total Level, here's Munchkinmage's latest stats pic! Also got 171 QP, only 4 more to go for Recipe for Disaster! :D

I'm quite proud of the fact that I've never planted a seed in my life except for ones required by quests. All my Farming Exp comes from quest rewards. I dunno why I'm boycotting Farming... I just don't like it. Prolly I'll start growing Herbs soon... ::)

Anyway, here's the mentioned pic!
http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/3585/1200totalbs9.png

LadyGlutter
2006-07-21, 10:07 AM
His RS name is Ralig Badaxe. He's Chris Chandler on here, he's even posted on the previous thread about being PKed, IIRC.

And as far as Farming goes, it's the absolute only thing that keeps me fishing in Catherby. It breaks up the monotony bigtime. I love growing strawberries, useless things though they may be in game. It's just satisfying somehow. Wasn't there a thread where people were talking about roleplaying on RuneScape? I may not totally stay in character at all times, but I certainly do get a bit of rp satisfaction out of things like that, killing dragons and growing strawberries. If only real life were so simple.... poor? Go do a quest. Worried you'll die? No worries, your respawn/reincarnation site is within walking distance of a bank. :-)

Samiam303
2006-07-21, 12:40 PM
That's actually a really interesting idea... I always was faced with the problem of what to DO during the growing time if I ever took up Farming. Fishing is a good idea! Thanks! :D

LadyGlutter
2006-07-21, 01:55 PM
Oh, yeah. I never &quot;just farm&quot; -- that's crazy talk. You don't sit around in real life watching plants grow, you go out and do other things while Guthix takes care of things. ;) I see people standing around plots singing &quot;100 slabs of meat on the wall&quot; and think, &quot;but for the grace of God, there go I...&quot; ::) And the nuttiest are those who sit around waiting on compost to rot. COME ON, GUYS. It's compost... you can't screw it up. It's already dead! I mean, at least with the herbs they're protecting their crops by standing around making sure they don't go diseased.

If I'm growing hops, I do it near the coal trucks so I can go check crops periodically. If I'm doing herbs and general stuff, there's two plots I like, one in Catherby where I can fish, and one north of Ardougne. That one I usually leave for when I'm questing or in the area for some reason. Oh, yeah, if I'm robbing stalls. If I plant a tree, I do all sorts of things while waiting on it to grow.

Thievery is MY thing that I've hardly done any work on at all. It's boring to train and I only ever do it if I can't pick a lock for a quest. Almost all my exp is questly in that arena.

Samiam303
2006-07-21, 04:16 PM
Well... I planted my first seeds today. A bunch of Harralanders. So far, every one has died. :'( ::)

Ego Slayer
2006-07-21, 04:28 PM
Can't you just get that guy to take care of them for you? Granted you need a bag of something to give him.. usually something you have the level to grow. They alwasy wanted something I didn't have the seeds for or did and never grew any.

Arian
2006-07-21, 10:12 PM
As it happens, you can't get a gardener to look after herbs. Got to keep an eye on those yourself. Most other things you can.

My Farming is now 40 and rising. :-)

- And Sam, there is such a thing as Plant Cure. If you plant Harralanders and then don't come back to see them often enough to realise they're sick before they expire, what do you expect? :-)

LadyGlutter
2006-07-21, 10:32 PM
Yeah.... you're supposed to sorta check on the herbs, man. Like, when you bank your fish, take a look at the plot? ::)

Samiam303
2006-07-22, 12:13 AM
Mmm... I wasn't fishing. I was doing Garden of Tranquility, and every time I passed an Herb Patch, I'd throw some compost on it and plant a Harra plant.

I kinda forgot which ones had plants and which didn't. I only really checked my quest plants. ::)

Arian
2006-07-22, 01:09 AM
My Attack just hit 60, so I think it's time I finished the last bit of Heroes.

I've seen the house where you do the theft, and my quest journal says I need a Black Arm member to help me with the next bit. (I'm a Phoenix.)

Problem is, I'm not sure what my role in the next bit is. :-) Can anyone tell me what a Phoenix has to do?

And can any Black Arm help me to do it?

I understand that you can do the stuff again after you've finished the quest yourself, to help someone else who's doing it later - unlike Shield of Arrav, you can do the joint Heroes stuff as often as you want, I hear.

Advice?

Samiam303
2006-07-22, 02:26 AM
Your best bet would be to go on the Runescape Forums and find someone to help you who can explain it. It's a lot easier if you and your partner work through it together. It involves shooting someone through a hole in a wall. :)

Heiszedd
2006-07-22, 10:22 AM
Here are two websites that are really helpful for just about anything you need.The second one is good for item information, such as street price, and for maps.

http://www.tip.it/runescape/index.php

http://www.runehq.com/index.php

Samiam303
2006-07-23, 12:51 AM
Bleh... RuneHQ is great for maps, but don't trust the street prices thing. It's never been updated since basicly when they released it.

EDIT: Here's this: My KBD Scouting Trip! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJ7_MBJelfo)

I went to the KBD to see if it was worth trying. It appears that he hits decently, although I didn't have a dragonfire shield. If we get enough people, he should kinda spin around attacking different people, making it easier. I think it's definantly worth a try.

Arian
2006-07-23, 10:02 AM
I don't kill many odd things like Flesh Crawlers

Any insect that regularly drops 42-Fire-runes-and-a-herb is an insect with a pre-booked appointment with the Whacking End of my weapon.

Samiam303
2006-07-23, 06:59 PM
Yay! I got 65 Cooking, and with a Chef's Delight (M), I have completed the monkey part of Recipe For Disaster. I'm working on killing the final bosses, then I'm done! :D

Done, finally. Now all I have to work on are the Mourning's End series... ::)

EDIT: Just a small test of your powers of observation. Anyone see something wrong with this picture? ::)
http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/3169/drainedstatslf1.png

I only noticed it when I tried to go through an agility shortcut and was told that I needed 12 Agility. ::)

Arian
2006-07-24, 08:09 PM
Oh dear, that's rather alarming! :-) Hope it gets back to normal soon - did you send a bug report, or do you think it will sort itself out again without one?

Re the new update - pretty new rune! pretty new spells! and healing spells at last! I have most of the requirements, so I'm gonna get training towards the rest of them straight away. ;D

Samiam303
2006-07-24, 09:10 PM
Heh, no bug report sent... It was like that becuase I had been fighting a quest boss that drained your stats. I drank a Stat Restore Pot, but forgot that those don't help non-combat skills. ::)

Yeah, I'm pretty thrilled with the new update too. However, I was dissapointed to see that there's not a single damaging spell on the spell list. It's almost as if it's a spell set aimed at non-mages. ::)

However, I'm definantly going to do the quest anyway. I just need mining and crafting up, I have all the other reqs. :)

Arian
2006-07-24, 09:34 PM
Meh, isn't Ancient Magicks enough for you? :P It's nothing but combat spells - well, those and teleports. I think we have enough ways to zap enemies already - healing friends (and yourself) is much more interesting. :-)

Samiam303
2006-07-24, 09:41 PM
Yeah, I'm just saying that once you're done healing, there's nothing to do but sit there stringing amulets and cooking pies. ::) :P

Oh, and the new update is just basicly one big bugfest... people were sitting on top of the duel arena healing people in duels. Also, sitting outside of the wilderness healing people who were in PvP combat. ::)

NEO|Phyte
2006-07-27, 04:12 PM
So, I just found a Mith pick head. Anyone interested in it?
Found a buyer already

:edit: yay, 3 2 more smithing levels and I can work with the mith I can mine

Toxic Avenger
2006-07-27, 06:26 PM
I have a pickaxe handle, but I'm not interested in a mithril pick head. However, I might be willing to part with the handle, it's taking up valuable space in my bank account.

Ego Slayer
2006-07-27, 09:24 PM
My God Toxic is still alive!! :D

In other news.. What IS this weapon? There was another higher level with one too near by.. Please tell me this isn't a noob with a d2h..
http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/226/swordwu0.jpg

Samiam303
2006-07-28, 03:16 AM
Yup ,d2h. :P

Toxic Avenger
2006-07-28, 05:40 PM
My God Toxic is still alive!! :D
Oh yes, I am still alive, and trying to find a way to play Runescape at work when there is no work to do...the odds of success are not looking too good. :(

NEO|Phyte
2006-07-28, 06:23 PM
Oh yes, I am still alive, and trying to find a way to play Runescape at work when there is no work to do...the odds of success are not looking too good. :(
the latency would be rather high, but I doubt that your workplace would be blocking Remote Desktop. Just remote into your home computer and play runescape there ;)

LadyGlutter
2006-07-28, 08:56 PM
Wooooooooow. What a sneak! I'm impressed.

Arian
2006-07-28, 09:39 PM
Indeed... something for me to try out from TAFE, too.

Hey, it counts as study - I'm an I.T. student! ;D

NEO|Phyte
2006-07-28, 10:32 PM
Just hit Defence 40. ;D

So how much money am I going to need to come up with to get my paws on some full rune?

*is slowly but surely preparing for Dragon Slayer*

:edit: just read a guide, this sounds like a fun quest :-/

Arian
2006-07-29, 12:08 AM
&lt;snicker, snicker&gt;

All those poor pures, complaining that they can't do Lunar Diplomacy because of the *impossible* requirements.

Defence 40? Mine was 40 back when my Att and Str were 40. They're all 60 now.

Mining 60? Mine's 67.

Crafting 61? 54 and rising, not in the least impossible to achieve.

(correction: it's still 53 at present. But it's getting there! :) )

Oh, you poor, poor deprived pures - fancy having to face the fact that you hobbled yourselves in your attempt to PWN all.

&lt;snicker, snicker&gt;

Ego Slayer
2006-07-29, 11:53 AM
So how much money am I going to need to come up with to get my paws on some full rune?

Mmm.. 200k

I'm training for Lunar. I need 65 mage right? So another 2 levels. One more level for Firemaking. I need 3 more levels of mining and 6 crafting. Mining and Crafting it going to be Hellishly borning. &gt;:(

What do you do? I want that job.. sometimes no work to do.. sweet! :P

Toxic Avenger
2006-07-29, 06:17 PM
the latency would be rather high, but I doubt that your workplace would be blocking Remote Desktop. Just remote into your home computer and play runescape there ;)I would try that, but I only have the Home Edition of Windows XP. :-/ I don't want to shell out the money to buy the Professional Edition, but thanks for the advice anyway.

&lt;snicker, snicker&gt;

All those poor pures, ...

&lt;snip&gt;

&lt;snicker, snicker&gt;*snicker, snicker*

A pure really annoyed me a couple weeks ago...I was training on Experiments under Fenkenstrain's Castle and I had just returned from a bank trip. No sooner than I got into the room, some jerk-off said, &quot;Go Away!&quot;

Then the brat shared this gem of wisdom with me...the dork said &quot;This training area is for pures only&quot; WTF? I didn’t see a sign anywhere! The dolt.

So I left, after telling the 13 year-old friendless sap what I thought of him. I wasn't getting any drops from the Experiments anyway, not to mention any Slayer XP.

In other news, Chaeldar has been a very good slayer master mistress for me so far. First off, she hasn’t given me any crappy missions yet. And my last 3 missions...120 Blue Dragons (Sweet!), 18 Wall Beasts (not spectacular, but it was over very quick), and then 167 more Blue Dragons. (Hell, yeah!)

I have a screenshot showing my skill levels, for all you curious folks:
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f344/Lurker_Supreme/Runescape%20Screenshots/awesomeslayermaster.png

And here’s a pic of me owning a Blue Dragon with my brand spanking new Cheater’s Stick Dragon Halberd!
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f344/Lurker_Supreme/Runescape%20Screenshots/bluedragonownage.png
Only one more attack level before I can use an Abyssal Whip! ;D

What do you do? I want that job.. sometimes no work to do.. sweet! :P
I work with road design/construction, and like most jobs in the construction/engineering field, it’s usually feast or famine. Either I’m bored out of my mind because there’s nothing to do, or I’m up to my ears in work. The pay isn’t bad though.

LadyGlutter
2006-07-30, 12:08 AM
You know, I've had that exact same problem in the Elemental workshop. I was just doing the dang quest, in fact, and some idjit told me &quot;No n00bs allowed down here!! Leave now!&quot; Actually it was way less articulate than that, but you get the idea. Oh, yeah, okay, since you said so, I guess I won't finish the quest. Sure. ::)

Hey, Toxic, where is that screen shot? I don't recognize it, and I've been blue hunting lately. Maybe I'm just having a brain fart though. I agree, Chaeldar is a good slayer mistress, much better than that joker in Canafis who gave me banshees or moss giants almost every single time without variation.

Arian
2006-07-30, 01:04 AM
No noobs allowed in the **Elemental Workshop**?? That's whacko. Exactly how hard do they think the dratted quest is to do?

I did it months ago, and I'm sure that anyone who called me a noob back then would still think I was one now. :-)

Toxic Avenger
2006-07-30, 01:56 AM
Hey, Toxic, where is that screen shot? I don't recognize it, and I've been blue hunting lately. Maybe I'm just having a brain fart though.That is in the cave right at the center of the Ogre city. It's a very good place to hunt Blue Dragons.

I agree, Chaeldar is a good slayer mistress, much better than that joker in Canafis who gave me banshees or moss giants almost every single time without variation.Oops, did I say slayer master...um...uh...I meant slayer mistress, yeah, that's right.

*edits previous post*

And hopefully, Chaeldar will keep it coming with the nice missions, because I really hate going to that loser in Burthorpe when I want to weasel out of a crappy mission.

Ego Slayer
2006-07-30, 12:15 PM
Toxic.. let me get this straight.. you're level WHAT?! and you've got the legends cape a Dragon hally?

NEO|Phyte
2006-07-30, 02:29 PM
thanks to a nice stout, I'm in the mining guild right now. The only word I can think of to describe it is Coalgasm

:edit: and now I don't need to booze it up to get in :D

LadyGlutter
2006-07-30, 11:22 PM
Sigh. Okay, another quest I'm sure to get into the Ogre City. It seems like I tried before and failed, anyway. I like quests, I used to do one every time I logged on. Just now that they're higher level, it seems like I always get stuck and have to look for a hint because what you have to do is so obscure!

Oh, and NeoPhyte, I was pretty turned on at all that coal the first time I went into the mining guild myself. ;)

Toxic Avenger
2006-08-01, 04:19 AM
Toxic.. let me get this straight.. you're level WHAT?! and you've got the legends cape a Dragon hally? Well, I'm level 78, as you can see on the screenshot that I provided. :P

And why are you so shocked that a level 78 has the Legend's Cape and the Dragon Halberd? I was level 62 when I finished the Legend's Quest.

Neophyte -
Congrats on becoming an official member of the Mining Guild! Coalgasm indeed! Now you have only 25 more levels to go until Rune! :D

Ladyglutter -
Good luck on the quest! The Ogre Cave is a much better place to hunt Blues than in the Heroe's Guild, or even the Taverly Dungeon for that matter.

In other news, Chaeldar is still holding on tight to her title as the best Slayer Mistress ever. After I finished killing the Blues, she sent me on a fast and furious Harpy Bug Swarm killing spree, and now I'm killing Elves for more of that yummy Slayer XP! Yippee!

Samiam303
2006-08-01, 12:29 PM
Anyone else tried out the new crossbows yet? I must say, I'm slightly dissapointed... my Yew/Rune crossbow is impressively slow, even on rapid. ::)

LightBringer
2006-08-01, 04:32 PM
Nope haven't tried the new crossbows, but then I never did like them to begin with. They always seemed slower than the bow.

Just weighing in on the Chaeldar praise. I too have not been disappointed. So far it's been Blues and other large monsters in mass quanity. I can't wait for her to give me Turoths, so I can shoot for level 3 clue scrolls and Slayer XP 8) . Nobody hunts Turoth, and I end up just smacking baby blues while trying to get a real Dragon. I guess I'll have to try that Ogre quest as well.

Samiam303
2006-08-01, 04:39 PM
Mmm... I've only got one assignment ever from her, but I must say, 169 trolls wasn't quite what I'd hoped for. :-/

Ego Slayer
2006-08-01, 07:20 PM
And why are you so shocked that a level 78 has the Legend's Cape and the Dragon Halberd? I was level 62 when I finished the Legend's Quest.

*$#@!
I suddenly feel... n33bish. :(

Arian
2006-08-01, 10:15 PM
We can't have that! Let's see now...

I was level 64 when I did the last bit of Dragon Slayer. And I just did Jungle Potion the other day, at level 75.

Duncan_MacSmasher
2006-08-02, 10:33 AM
What level is the minimum for the Mining Guild? Doom must know.

LightBringer
2006-08-02, 10:34 AM
LadyGlutter has that problem too Sam. She keeps getting Trolls. I just got assigned Desert Lizards myself. I had to look them up on HQ. I had never heard of them. They are east of Shantey Pass. I always wondered what those ice coolers I had been saving were for. Now I know.

NEO|Phyte
2006-08-02, 11:03 AM
What level is the minimum for the Mining Guild? Doom must know.
level 60 mining, 59 if you drink a dwarven stout before entering.

Duncan_MacSmasher
2006-08-02, 11:06 AM
Crap, 19 levels to go.

LadyGlutter
2006-08-02, 11:49 AM
Don't worry about it, ES. Different people prioritize different things. At least two people on here were level 60+ when they finished Sheep Shearer. ::) I have gotten to where I do quests specifically to get somewhere or unlock a new skill in particular, not just for the joy of helping someone. Rather unkind of me.

Yeah, trolls are a drag, but they do drop some decent herbs, and if you fight them by Keldagrim you can run to the bank relatively quickly. They're my current, guess who's not working on slayer at the moment? ;D My theory is that I think my masters think I must need to learn patience or persistence or something, because I get such repetitive un-exciting tasks sometimes.

NEO|Phyte
2006-08-02, 04:33 PM
So, I hit 40 fishing, and being f2p, headed to the only place I can got lobbies at, Karamja.

Spamfest is an understatement. I turned public chatting off for the first time in ever. Why must there be so many complete idiots on the internet?

LadyGlutter
2006-08-02, 06:54 PM
Yeah, that switching to friends or private chat only feature is *awesome*! Fishing's the worst.

So, only my construction isn't in the high scores now. ;D

How come my trophies hall doesn't have a staircase spot? I can make an oak staircase, and the symbol is for staircase. Is it because it's in the front, rather than the back of my house? Why wouldn't I put the foyer in the front of the house? I wanted that &quot;open the door and see the staircase&quot; grand kind of effect when you came in my house. :-/. I can tell already I'm going to have to just start over from scratch designing this thing, aren't I?

Arian
2006-08-02, 08:29 PM
It ought to have a staircase spot... have you already put a rug on it? Rugs are incompatible with staircases. :-)

Duncan_MacSmasher
2006-08-02, 11:03 PM
Is it just me, or is getting flour the biggest hassle ever?

Arian
2006-08-03, 03:21 AM
It was worse right at the start of Construction, when the flour you got from your larder wasn't in a pot, and you had to drop it on the floor and then use a pot on it to pick it up. Thankfully, larders started supplying actual pots of flour quite soon afterward. :-)

Grinding flour can be made a little easier. Go up to the top of the mill, put each of your sheaves of grain in the hopper and pull the lever each time, then go back down and click the heap of flour repeatedly rather than using pots on it; the pots fill automatically that way.

Another useful tip for members is that the hopper controls in Zanaris are right next to the hopper, within 'reach' without you having to move. Saves a bit of walking. :-)

Duncan_MacSmasher
2006-08-03, 09:17 AM
Yeah, but I don't have spare pots, so I have to wait for one to appear at the cooking guild. It irks me.

LadyGlutter
2006-08-03, 10:31 AM
It ought to have a staircase spot... have you already put a rug on it? Rugs are incompatible with staircases. :-)

Thanks, that did the trick. I thought I'd seen the staircase before, but I also had seen the two armor spaces, so when they didn't disappear because of the rug it just didnt' click I guess. :)

GO BUY A POT, man! I'm cheap, but PLEASE! Just go buy 10 pots ahead of time if you're going to be baking! They only cost, what, 2 gold each? :D

Duncan_MacSmasher
2006-08-03, 10:38 AM
I didn't think of that before hand and then I didn't feel like going back!

Arian
2006-08-03, 07:24 PM
There's also a pot spawn at the edge of Lumbridge Swamp near the adventurer group, and yet another one in the Lumbridge castle kitchen.

Samiam303
2006-08-03, 07:26 PM
Yay! Beat Mourning's End Part 1! I think that makes it something like 7 quests in the game that I don't have the requirements for. :)

Ego Slayer
2006-08-04, 12:22 PM
I crafted a total of 202 various amulets and 10 diamond rings lastnight. Now, for the part I hate. Wool! There is nothing worse. NOTHING! :P
And so far I've only raised 1 mining and 1 crafting level from this. I'm sure eventually stringing them will help. But I've still got to spend my last coins on gems from f2p.

LadyGlutter
2006-08-04, 01:02 PM
OH, I'm totally with you there, Ego Slayer! Especially now that they've added those flipping penguins and rams to the pen. Why don't i get any wool when I kill the ram? I swear I'm careful not to get it all bloody and mangled when I smash it to death! I'm even using my fists! I buy my wool. It takes a while, but every time I encounter a general store selling it (Ardougne does) I buy as much as they have and save it for the next time I make bunches of amulets. It's soooo not worth the 4 crafting experience to chase those darn sheep then spin it myself.

Ego Slayer
2006-08-04, 02:46 PM
OMG! So much for mining at the gem mines. There's always a million people there. They need to add mroe rocks and another mine. I can't get.. anything. &gt;:(

LightBringer
2006-08-04, 02:57 PM
Yeah, you have to go at wierd hours to get anything from the gem rocks. Cause even if there is only 2 or 3 people there, the person with the highest mining runs from rock to rock and mines the gems out from under you. You'd think they never heard of sharing.

But guess what? Wishing never worked any better. I finished killing those stupid lizards and went back for my next Slayer assignment, and lo and behold, Turoths. Oh yeah, Chaeldar rocks, and not like 20, more like 183. I'm having some fun now. :D

Duncan_MacSmasher
2006-08-04, 04:47 PM
There should be a petition demanding non-members get bank space that isn't miniscule, because this really sucks for me, and I want to be nice to my wallet and not become a member.

Samiam303
2006-08-04, 07:23 PM
Yeah... I can't believe the people who manage to fill up the Members Bank. However, I wouldn't be surprised if they revamp the whole bank menu soon. Some guy on the Tip.It forums came up with an INCREDIBLE bank layout, complete with images and everything.

*cough*So, Ego Slayer, cleared any of that junk out of your bank yet?*cough* ;) :P

LadyGlutter
2006-08-04, 08:50 PM
I doubt they'll change that too much. It's a big incentive to get your lovely money. Bank space is in the top 5 reasons I became a member. Not much point in maging without any space in your bank for runes.

NEO|Phyte
2006-08-04, 08:52 PM
you know, the only time I can recall filling up my bank was back in my nubby packrat days.

:edit:

All of my possessions (http://img160.imageshack.us/img160/5497/bank1fa4.png), aside from the zombie gloves/shoes that I'm wearing.
My leet non-member skillz (http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/6273/skillsaj7.png).

Ego Slayer
2006-08-04, 09:33 PM
*cough*So, Ego Slayer, cleared any of that junk out of your bank yet?*cough* ;) :P

Take that back, n33let! My bank is all neat and beautiful. Well, at least the crafting, herblore, robes, runes/crafting is. Everything else is just.. there.

Arian
2006-08-04, 10:02 PM
I remain a great packrat. People stand in banks and offer large sums for small things, and if I can pull it out and hand it over, it does great things for both my reputation and my bank balance. :)

I have had to sacrifice a lot of my 'stock' lately, though, to fit my own stuff in as I branch out into more and more skills. A set of melee armour, a set of ranging armour, a set of magic clothes, runes, tiaras, talismans, bow, arrows, seeds, produce, farming tools, herbs, potions, glass, planks, cloth, nails, fish, fishing gear, pick, ore, bars, axe, logs, arrow heads, feathers, and categories of stuff I haven't even stopped to think of... believe me, if I had more bank space, I'd have things to put in it. :)

As it is, I drop any item (e.g. quest item, holiday item) that I can get back again if I ever need it - I have too many uses for every free bank slot I can get for anything to be allowed to sit there 'idle'.

Ego Slayer
2006-08-04, 10:15 PM
Anyone feel like taking a screenshot of their intentory with whatever their best items are. I'm curious as to what everyone has.

I'll get a few of the neat parts of my bank.. and the not so, in a few.

Banks..
http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/7789/bankxv1.png
http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/8220/bank3kv2.png

http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/713/bank4cs3.png

Where its not to neat anymore..
http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/6840/banktheotherstuffvj2.png

The good stuff (http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/9896/bankthegoodstuffai1.gif)

Samiam303
2006-08-05, 01:11 AM
Hey... If you don't mind, put 'NFS' in red letter here and there on the pictures. People take pictures off places like this and use them to Ebay fake accounts. :)

Also:

GAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/251/lizardsrm7.png

EDIT: Also, as requested: The Munchkinmage Inventory Picture! Not pictured is 277k cash. :)
http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/160/inventup8.png

The funny looking black thing is a new slayer item... Black Mask. Gives +15% to Attack and Strength while fighting Slayer assignments. Goes for 650-700k. :D

NEO|Phyte
2006-08-05, 01:36 AM
*deep breath*

the ship is repaired, my crew is ready, I'm in my best gear, all my spare inv space is full of lobbies, and I've got a law for if I'm utterly outgunned. I think its time to slay me a dragon.

:edit:
http://img56.imageshack.us/img56/8105/slayedia4.png

http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/6065/statshv0.png

Samiam303
2006-08-05, 01:46 AM
Good job! :D

Now you gonna post an updated stats pic? :)

Very nice... I envy your mining. I don't have that kind of patience... I can't IMAGINE doing it on f2p. ::)

NEO|Phyte
2006-08-05, 02:03 AM
Good job! :D

Now you gonna post an updated stats pic? :)

Very nice... I envy your mining. I don't have that kind of patience... I can't IMAGINE doing it on f2p. ::)
The trick is to mine metric asstons of iron, because you lose most of it during the smelting process. Once you are in stout range of the guild, it takes less than 20 coalruns to get you to 60, and the guild has lots of coal rocks

Samiam303
2006-08-05, 02:06 AM
Yeah... on P2P, most of us just drop our iron as we mine it. Training mining becomes easier with the Coal Carts, but it's still a pain...

Oh, and Metric Asstons is a new one... ;D

EDIT: NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART:

This, ladies and gentlemen, is how Dharoks is meant to be used:

http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/1926/dharokszz0.png
http://img50.imageshack.us/img50/2185/dharoks2vu2.png
http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/521/dharoks3my1.png
Here's another, an old pic I never got around to posting. This was level 2 Wild, just north of edgeville. You can see me and my cat to the right. :)
http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/4318/dharoksdmon0.png

Death_McMuffin
2006-08-06, 12:41 AM
I used to play runescape...great fun. I used to be in teh top 20 or 30 or whatever. I played &quot;the knite&quot; obsessively. I don't play much anymore but some others play my character. Check the stats out if you care enough to gaze upon my former glory.

Samiam303
2006-08-06, 01:31 AM
Wow... not bad! :D

EDIT: NOOO! Just missed the pic... anyway, just got 50 slayer. :D

EDIT: Here's another INSANE Dharoks picture... This is believed to be the max hit of anyone possible:

Hitting 100! (http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i222/trembake/my100noobs.jpg)

EDIT Jr:

Omg! :D
http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/3474/70defgo4.png

Ego Slayer
2006-08-09, 07:51 PM
OMG, Sam darnit you killed me! It lagged when I logged in later and a lesser killed me.. I lost my cooking gloves and my chompy feathers.. can you actually get the gloves back from the quest?

Samiam303
2006-08-09, 08:28 PM
ROFL! Yeah, the father guy who you start the quest at will give them back free.

Just feel lucky you didn't have that skirt on you... ;)

Arian
2006-08-10, 02:53 AM
Here is the 'Arian Reaches Total Level 1100' news.

Actually, I'm level 1101 - I was absentmindedly cutting trees while waiting for a Farming crop to be ready that would put my Farming up to the next level, and my Woodcutting went up. :D

My highest level is still Mining, though it's gone up to 68.

My highest-ranked level is now not Runecraft (which I've done hardly anything of, if anything at all, since level 1000) but Farming: 42, ranked 74,146 at time of typing.

My main goal in the immediate future is to qualify for Lunar Diplomacy - raising already-quite-high-levelled skills all the way up to where they need to be is taking a while. :-) At least it's nice and diverse - if I get sick of doing one thing that will help me qualify, I can always start in on something else.

As I said at level 1000: EXCELSIOR! ;D

Forgot to mention my Combat level: it's 75.

And I (very obviously, in the case of Farming) did achieve my previous goal of getting the last of my skills into the highscores - Thieving is now there too, though still only 30.

PokeTheBard
2006-08-10, 06:05 AM
These past couple of days have been quite amusing for me on Runescape... bought an abyssal whip, sold it two days later at a loss of 220,000 gp and went up to 50 magic! Getting there...

(I also have enough runes to get to 56 magic with Fire Strike! Yay, high alch is within my grasp! ;D)

Ego Slayer
2006-08-10, 03:37 PM
Hey, Poke is still around!

2.2mil!?.. I would have though you'd get at least 2.5 for it.

LadyGlutter
2006-08-10, 07:33 PM
Congrats, Arian!

I was in the highscores in everything for two days. I worked my tail off to get construction up to 30, one day when I was bored and all my playmates weren't there. But then, alas, my woodcutting fell back into obscurity YET AGAIN. Even with it being a ftp skill I had been in the high scores for a while. But then construction came along and everyone started chopping trees, and 51 is passe. :P

Arian
2006-08-10, 09:40 PM
I know. :-/

At the time when I said that only my Farming and Thieving weren't ranked yet, Woodcutting was in the high scores, but after that it fell off the bottom, and I had to train it some more to get it back in.

I've been training it for Lunar Diplomacy, anyway: I need 55 and it's just hit 53 - ranked 923,710 as I type, so if I don't keep at it, it will drop off again.

O for the skills where you qualify at 30 and are instantly ranked 400,000, huh? ;-)

Samiam303
2006-08-11, 01:33 AM
I remember back in classic when the high-scores were only the top 100,000... Most people didn't even KNOW there were high-scores then... ::)

EDIT: Oh, and I broke 1250 total. Woo. :)

As soon as I get 75 ranged, I'm going to try for a fire cape once again. I'm 15k from 74 as I type this.

I have enough supplies for two tries... I hope to at least GET TO the boss on my first one, if not win... ;)

PokeTheBard
2006-08-11, 04:49 AM
Hey, Poke is still around!

2.2mil!?.. I would have though you'd get at least 2.5 for it.

No, no, no. I meant I bought it for 2.8M, sold it for 2.58M at a loss of 220k

Ironic, since I only sold it because I needed an instant 200k cash injection :P

Heiszedd
2006-08-11, 02:44 PM
Finally I can runecraft Laws! Now I only need to craft 31,406 Laws so I can make Death Runes

I have decided to go back to mining; only 4,479 coal until 85 and RUNE is mine! ;D

Samiam303
2006-08-11, 05:13 PM
Hey, check this: the Ruby enchanted bolts own! Me and one other guy killed the KBD seven times, me using the Ruby Bolts. As they take off 20% of the opponent's HP, I was able to hit up to 48 on the KBD. Here's two screenies:

Image 1 (http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/4868/kbd0001cc4.jpg)
Image 2 (http://img119.imageshack.us/img119/7241/kbd0002ot6.jpg)

Ego Slayer
2006-08-11, 07:23 PM
I'm think I'm coming next time.. Hoping I don't get PKed on the way out. The PKer possibly being Rob.
The first image is a 403 error

Daedrous Avari
2006-08-11, 07:46 PM
Runescape is way too repetive.

Mine. Kill goblins. Gain XP.

LadyGlutter
2006-08-11, 08:20 PM
Oh yeah, real repetitive. ::) Let's see, today I have, so far, in one and a half hours worth of playing:

-fished in a pool of molten lava for lava eels
-swung by my house, where we cooked the lava eels and had my maid serve us a nice refreshing meal of stew and beer
-watched my girlfriend change her hairstyle at my &quot;shaving stand&quot; ;)
-finished a quest
-checked my tree for apples
-cast any number of spells, from alchemy to teleportation
-went to the grocery store for some fresh shark
-played and charged my lyre
-killed lots of monsters
-mixed up a couple of potions

And mind you, this is all over lunch break. One where I was pretty focused on doing one thing, even. Not one goblin or bit of mining. I haven't killed a goblin in like 40 levels. :P

It only has to be repetitive if you make it so.

Samiam303
2006-08-11, 08:24 PM
The first image is a 403 error
Really? It works here... Try it again. ::)

Ego Slayer
2006-08-11, 08:31 PM
Yes, it works now. And don't you use that smilie that rolls it's eyes. I tried twice both times with error.

Arian
2006-08-11, 11:03 PM
Is that the Ectophial in the bottom right-hand corner?

Yet another quest I haven't got round to finishing off... I ranted(*) in the RS forum the other day about people demanding to know why I still haven't done certain quests, and ordering me to do them straight away.

I haven't done it yet because I've been doing something else! Quite a lot of different something-elses, in fact.

I always have several pots on the boil at once - I don't think I've finished any Member quest at all in only a single session, even the fairly short ones. I do the next stage of a quest and then I head off and tackle something else for a while, and eventually come back for the next bit again.

(*) in a post titled &quot;OMG, u havnt done quest X yet?11&quot;, promptly locked by a mod on the grounds that Thou Shalt Not rant about other players.

Edit: changing the size of my footnote text - I could barely read it myself, and I already knew what it said...

Samiam303
2006-08-12, 12:23 AM
Yes indeed, it's the ectophial. However, you could easily replace it with cammy tele runes, tele-tablets, or anything that makes you happy. :)

Now, granted, you probably WEREN'T asking becuase you were planning on going to the KBD, but that's my advice just in case. ::) ;)

EDIT: In case any of you are on in the next hour or so and bored, I may go smack the KBD around a but more if you feel like joining me.. Feel free to message in-game! :D

EDIT: Woo! ;D
http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/6313/75rangedbb4.png

Clay_Cthulhu
2006-08-18, 07:42 AM
well...just got on the forums here...I find RS pretty fun (although i have no freaking way of making and money). Recently i have upgraded to members and forgotten abandoning my account...
it's serious PWN3AGE

(lol! combat lvl 72, and only lvl 3 range! i gota work on that)

Ego Slayer
2006-08-18, 11:24 AM
*sigheth*

I was at Karamja a few days ago killing lessers. When I logged in there was a level 91 and 100+something there also. The 91 asked me in a fairly nice way to find another world but because higher levels OWN the game the 100+ screwed it up. I would have left simply because I was asked nicely if I could leave, which is rare. After the higher level was rude I decided I was going to stay, just to spite him. They proceeded to call me rude things but without crossing the line of actually swearing. I didn't respond, just sat back and was quicker to attack the demon they were after. They evetually thought I had public chat off. Reporting was considered but they couldn't find a reason.

Just because you're a higher level doesn't freakin' mean you own the game! &gt;:(
http://img55.imageshack.us/img55/3307/morons2nq5.png

This was kind of amusing..
http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/2038/1milmod2tg4.png

LadyGlutter
2006-08-18, 04:10 PM
You know what? Someone told me I couldn't get a good price for something the other day because I was a mod and &quot;mods don't merchant&quot;. Really, so I have to take whatever YOU say it's worth, and you're willing to pay $1000 for a rope if it's to a normal player but because I'm a mod you'll give me $3? &gt;:(

I have most of you on my friends list (even if I rarely talk to you) but thanks for not going OMG A MOD!! How r u a mod? Can u make me a mod 2? OMGOMG! Plez don't ban me.&quot; Seriously, guys, y'all are awesome for not driving me batty. Tons of people just add me to my friends list, &quot;ur a mod u have to be nice&quot;, which apparently means taking time out of my running from hellhounds and pkers in the wild while I'm trying to dig up a clue scroll to tell you how to make money for a whip and which is better, running nats or laws?! I think not!

Yeah, I have my private chat turned off all the time, and public off a lot too lately. :P

Samiam303
2006-08-18, 05:26 PM
Gah... I just spent basicly all day today doing the Fight Caves, only to get 2-hit by Tz-Tok Jad, the level 702 boss monster. ::) :'(

Ah well, back to training! ::)

Arian
2006-08-18, 07:58 PM
@Lady Glutter

I think we did go &quot;OMG, how'd you get to be a mod?&quot; a bit when you first told us ;D, but obviously we don't do it all the time. And we did know you back when you were only an ordinary mortal, so we're not so intimidated. ;)

I have to agree: I'm very ambivalent about whether I'd accept appointment as a player mod if They ever asked me. I see p-mods copping a bucketload of manure, of both the allegedly positive (people swooning and sucking up) as well as the more obviously negative sorts. I'm really not sure if I want that to happen to me.

- But anyway, They haven't asked me yet, so I mostly consider it a question to be postponed until it happens, if ever. Maybe I'll feel flattered (yay, they think I 'deserve' to be a p-mod!) and then say no. ::)

LadyGlutter
2006-08-18, 08:37 PM
Well yeah. Once. And you knew me first, like you said. Do you ask every mod you see, and brag how you only add mods to your friends list, because they're such swell folks, and bug them every day about how how how to become one? If so, STOP IT. &gt;:( ;)

Sorry about the ranting. I had a bad week. :P I almost got killed a couple of times because of random conversations. My ignore list is getting ridiculous. Actually though, I am learning to just not talk to people if I don't know them because I invite it on myself.

Yeah, I think about resigning from time to time, but I know I'd miss that mute ability while fishing. ;D Of course I never use it without warning first.

Arian
2006-08-18, 11:12 PM
Well, I found a Black Arm member to help with the armband portion of Heroes, so I've finished the quest. :)

My triumphal entry into the Guild was somewhat delayed by the discovery that I couldn't find my lava eels. Eventually I had to conclude that I must have eaten them. :-[

Luckily, it wasn't a tough job to go and get some more - I still had the dusty key and the oily fishing rod, and I just dived in, grabbed a few eels, and tele'd out to Falador to cook them.

Time to walk around heroically waving my dragon mace. :-)

Heiszedd
2006-08-19, 08:31 PM
Woot!! Anyone got some pesky rune ore that needs eliminated?

Finally got 85 mining, the last 1500 coal took forever.

Samiam303
2006-08-19, 10:40 PM
Gratz! That's a HUGE acheivment... GL avoiding PKers while Rune Mining... ;)

Are you a nonmember or member?

Heiszedd
2006-08-20, 04:13 PM
I probably won't be mining rune right now. Besides I'd probably do it in the Hero's Guild where there is mith and addy and no PK'ers as I'm only a 78 combat level.

Right now I'm in the blast furnace trying to raise my smithing (only 78 ) so I can do something with the rune.

Samiam303
2006-08-20, 05:40 PM
Well, even if you can't smith it, it still sells for a nice 10k Per Ore... :)

Edit:

You know, sometimes people ask you questions so stupid you wonder how they even find the web site to PLAY THE GAME... ::)

http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/5515/noobqa6.png

This, from a level 73 character. :P

Arian
2006-08-21, 12:01 AM
Well, strictly speaking, a higher Defence decreases your chance of getting hit for more than 0, getting hit per se apparently being unavoidable. :)

And there is a quite widely-believed myth that a high Def reduces the damage taken from an attack (which in one way it does, but only by making it more likely that you'll take none at all), so the function of Defence is clearly not 100% transparent to everyone.

Samiam303
2006-08-21, 10:50 AM
Fair enough.. It seemed like a stupid question at the time. He also asked me what the point of attack was, besides using better weapons. ::)

Ego Slayer
2006-08-21, 01:02 PM
Personally, I'd never do this. Ooh think if there was lag and he got killed by something. ;D

I wonder what level his main was, I should have asked. (http://img56.imageshack.us/img56/7675/level6mask2cc7.png)

EDIT: BTW, what is this?! (http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/1110/pcmonsterpk4.jpg)

Heiszedd
2006-08-21, 05:20 PM
Looks like a gorilla, where did you find it?

Samiam303
2006-08-21, 09:54 PM
It's the gorrilla greegree from Monkey Madness. You can become monkeys in and around the Ardy Zoo. :)

EDIT: I've been having fun with making funny examine text. This was from first examining a trapped square of floor, then examining a spinning blade. ;D

http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/1249/thefloordi5.png

Also:

http://img45.imageshack.us/img45/2689/thewallzv9.png

Clay_Cthulhu
2006-08-26, 05:39 PM
that is one of my favorite things to do...examine different stuff...

I never *knew* construction could be so expensive..i've spent 50k on 10 lvls of construction in my POH

Arian
2006-08-26, 09:20 PM
That's what Construction is there for - it's just a great, big money sink.

And a show of status afterwards: &quot;Look what I've got! Think how much I must have spent (and been able to spend) to get it!&quot;

Samiam303
2006-08-27, 03:37 PM
Well, here's the result of my latest attempt at the fire cape:

Yet Another Death... (http://img160.imageshack.us/img160/7260/jadgk4.png)

I was doing good until i missed a prayer change, and Jad hit me for a 53... I survived that, but the little healer finished me... &gt;:( ::) :'(

Ah well, one more time and maybe I'll get it? :)

EDIT: The big thing that you can only see the legs of is Jad, in case you hadn't guessed.

LadyGlutter
2006-08-27, 08:54 PM
Okay, I want to do something new. Right now I'm wandering aimlessly, trying to find somewhere I haven't been that I don't have to do a damn quest to get in. Someone inspire me!

Arian
2006-08-27, 09:03 PM
I got to Mining 70 yesterday. :D

I mentioned it to LadyGlutter at the time, but didn't get round to boasting here.

My post to the RS Goals &amp; Achievements forum:

Just got to Mining 70. :)

Deliberately didn't use a dwarven stout - the game's congratulations for my Construction milestones have all been offered 2 levels late, seeing I use +2 tea.

Very ... anticlimactic.

So I waited till I was really level 70 to go thwhacking the green stuff - haha! :)

(Now I just need to get my Smithing up the 13 levels I need to smelt it...) :P

Arian
2006-08-27, 09:10 PM
@ LadyGlutter:

I suppose you've been to Keldagrim? Going there initiates a quest, but you don't have to complete one beforehand...

...This is hard, because I have no idea which quests you've done already :-)

I think I'll make a colour-coded list of member quests, so people can see where I'm up to with them all.

---Except that there are squillions. Modified plan: a list of what I've completed and what I'm partway through.

Here we are.

Please, no cries of &quot;OMG, you still haven't finished/started Quest X? Why not? Are you crazy? Do it right now!&quot;

I'll do it when I get to it. :P

*Member quests completed (green):*

Druidic Ritual
Elemental Workshop
Fishing Contest
The Fremennik Trials
Gertrude's Cat
The Grand Tree
Heroes Quest
Jungle Potion
Lost City
Merlin's Crystal
Plague City
Priest in Peril
Recruitment Drive
Shilo Village
Tai Bwo Wannai Trio
Tree Gnome Village
Witch's House

*Member quests started (yellow):*

Creature of Fenkenstrain
Death Plateau
Devious Minds
Digsite Quest
The Eyes of Glouphrie
Family Crest
Fight Arena
Ghosts Ahoy
The Giant Dwarf
Holy Grail
Horror From the Deep
Monk's Friend
Murder Mystery
Nature Spirit
Rag and Bone Man
Recipe for Disaster (beginning &amp; 3 subquests done)
Sea Slug Quest
Sheep Herder
A Soul's Bane
Tribal Totem
Wanted!

LadyGlutter
2006-08-27, 09:38 PM
Yeah, been there, done that, built the big dwarf. I wanted to go visit the elves, but there's 87 quests I have to do first. I think I'm gonna wander around the Wild and see if Trouble can find me.

edit: I think I'm gonna go check out the Barrows. I've not done that yet.

Samiam303
2006-08-28, 03:43 PM
Good luck with the barrows... you can make some great money there, or waste loads of pots with nothing in return. Mostly I do the latter. ;)

Oh, and since I was REEEEEEEEEAAAAAAALY bored last night, I screenshotted and edited together my entire quest list. HERE (http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/6910/questlistmu6.png) it is. :)

Ego Slayer
2006-08-28, 08:11 PM
I've got about 27k right now but adding up all the items and any true worth I've got roughly 4.35mil despersered over 13 items. I've never felt so rich, yet still so darn poor. ;D

Samiam303
2006-08-28, 08:52 PM
Congrats... Having used all my money on Pots/Bow Charges for fight caves, I'm once again broke. Now, I SHOULD be able to afford to do it all over again once I use up what's left of the bows at blue dragons.. :)

Oh, and I don't think I mentioned it here yet: I got 77 Ranged! :D

Well on my way to another 80.

Ego Slayer
2006-08-28, 09:02 PM
If I had enough money for more mith arrows I'd go after the blue dragons. Dragon bones turned out to be a pretty good money maker. I gave up after only 92 but that's because I got bored with everything being hostile each time I came back.

I got 70 range two days ago. Black D'hide ownz. ;D

Arian
2006-08-28, 10:46 PM
Oh, and since I was REEEEEEEEEAAAAAAALY bored last night, I screenshotted and edited together my entire quest list.

Thanks, that's very interesting. :-)

(Well, I think it is.)

I'm surprised that Devious Minds is still red - I started DM by accident because the monk was standing there outside the temple when I went to do Priest in Peril, so I talked to him.

He wasn't there when you did PP? Or he was, and you avoided speaking to him? Or you said 'no' to the quest?

- There's an interesting poll-question. Do you accept quests whenever they are offered, but take a while to finish them? Or do you accept quests and then get on with completing them straight away? Or do you refuse quests until you are actually ready to tackle them?

For me, it's the first - I speak to any NPC who crosses my path, and then check my quest journal to see which quest I just agreed to do. :-) And then I do them in bursts, whichever one I feel like doing another piece of, today.

LadyGlutter
2006-08-28, 10:58 PM
Generally, I do them the same way you do, Arian. In fact, I have Devious Minds open for the exact same reason you do. I was trying to get to Canifis, for some purple boots! (Which were totally worth it, by the way. :D) But I do find that method tends to junk up my bank, and sometimes bites my tail when I forget about, say, a password they've given me and the journal updates didn't give me that part, or the name of an NPC that I'll need to remember... so I at least try to do each segment of a quest in one fell swoop, if there are identifiable parts to it.

However, of late, I've found I prefer having a partner to quest, so I've been doing more and more all at once. Which is actually a lot of fun too. I just end up starting lots and lots without actually doing them. ;)

edit:

Another reason partners are Good Things! I was in the abyss -- half runecrafting (chaos), half searching for freaking pouches, and I lagged. I lagged bad, skulled, lost rune skirt and top, and my battle axe. Yeah, I know, it's not awful, but it's soooooooo just flinging flanging irritating. Every time I try to craft chaos, no matter which route I take, no matter how prepared I am, no matter what, I'll die. I'll be PKed with nothing on at all, naked as a jaybird except my frilly little tiara. Or I'll go to the abyss all decked out and completely having the situation in HAND to stinking LAG OUT? You kidding me? And every time I lose my stinking pouch all over again.

Chaos doesn't like me. Oh, wait. Chaos is bringing more chaos into my life. Nevermind. It's appropriate. I suppose. ::)

Arian
2006-08-29, 04:55 AM
I conclude that you found your way through the maze without my aid. :)

LadyGlutter
2006-08-29, 08:50 AM
Nice subtle reminder there Arian. ::) Yes, that would have been a partner, now wouldn't it? ;) Oh well for me. I actually forgot all about your offer, but yes, I made it through the maze twice. I've made two batches successfully, despite trying, I think this will be, oh, the 7th time or so.

edit:grammar and spelling and such

Toxic Avenger
2006-08-29, 11:43 AM
I feel your pain with regards to the lagging while in the Abyss, Ladyglutter. That's happened to me a few times as well. The first two times, I lost everything.

Then I decided to carry the Ectophial with me while in the Abyss, and I haven't lost anything since while in the Abyss.

For that matter, I carry the Ectophial just about everywhere. It is my official &quot;panic button&quot;.

Now if only I can remember to fill it back up every time I use it...

Samiam303
2006-08-29, 09:43 PM
- There's an interesting poll-question. Do you accept quests whenever they are offered, but take a while to finish them? Or do you accept quests and then get on with completing them straight away? Or do you refuse quests until you are actually ready to tackle them?

For me, it's the first - I speak to any NPC who crosses my path, and then check my quest journal to see which quest I just agreed to do. :-) And then I do them in bursts, whichever one I feel like doing another piece of, today.
Yeah, I try not to start quests I don't plan on doing immediatly. As part of my undiagnosed OCD, I feel compelled to continue with any quest I start. :)

You'll notice that Rat Catchers is yellow... I didn't finish it becuase my cat was a kitten, and I didn't have the patience to catch rats with it. ::)

EDIT: Oh, and I did as much of Fairy Tale P. 2 so that I could use the fairy rings to get around. :)

EDIT AGAIN: Oh, and in the time since I posted that list, I've completed 'in Search of the Myreque', 'In Aid if the Myreque', and 'Shades of Mort'ton'.
Dang you and your quest discussion... made me go and do more of them. :P

But hey... at this rate I'll finish off the whole dang list pretty soon! :)

LadyGlutter
2006-08-31, 09:45 PM
So did you solo the KBD again and record a video, Sam? I'm looking forward to see the 6 eyes (::) I promise, I was sleepy!) in their updated glory. :D

Anyone want to trade a rune skirt for rune platelegs?

Samiam303
2006-08-31, 09:47 PM
Naw, I didn't end up going... I was unable to find someone to sell me the rune crossbow I was gonna use. :-/

In other news, here's my updated quest list: :O

Almost every quest done! (http://img344.imageshack.us/img344/6836/questlistgj0.png)

Arian
2006-08-31, 11:05 PM
- Very nice!

Everybody: I saw a thread in the RuneScape forums a little while ago, discussing the pronunciation of &quot;Ardougne&quot;. I saw a wide range of suggestions, and also an 'official' answer from a J-mod.

What do you say? :)

Toxic Avenger
2006-09-01, 01:55 AM
&quot;Ardougne&quot; strikes me as requiring a French pronunciation.

I suck at phonetic spelling, but I'll give it a shot...

Are-doon-ya

In other news, I am at level 61 in Farming!

Heiszedd
2006-09-01, 10:26 AM
I've always thought of it as are-doughn'. As in bread dough'

PokeTheBard
2006-09-01, 11:32 AM
I, personally, always thought it was pronounced in the same way as Bologne, but I could (however unlikely it may be...;D) be wrong.

LadyGlutter
2006-09-01, 12:07 PM
Ah, but how do you pronounce Bologne?

Is it Ardoney, to rhyme with Baloney?

Or Ar don ye, to rhyme with Bo lon ye?

Give us the answer Arian. Strangely, we appear to care. Oh, and the druid's circle in Taverly is unchanged, in case I don't see you online. :)

Arian
2006-09-01, 06:37 PM
I'd like Sam and Ego to reply first. ;D

- LOL, it was a coincidence, I swear! Go and read the full text of the September 'Behind the Scenes'. Obviously someone in charge thought it was worth resolving the dispute in a more widely-viewed arena! :D :D :D

Ego Slayer
2006-09-01, 07:10 PM
I noticed that today. I was like 'Wow, Arian was just asking about this and now I can actually pronouce it right!' :D

Why is there a penguin next to the Sept Behind the Scenes?! WWHY!? It's driving me insane.. do we get pet penguins.. Mmm.. just like CAD. :P

Samiam303
2006-09-02, 01:01 AM
I always pronounced it Ar-Da-Goune. I had a feeling it was wrong, but I was too lazy/couldn't care enough to figure it out the right way. :P

Toxic Avenger
2006-09-02, 09:03 AM
Bah! I still think they're wrong, it should have a French pronunciation. I'll just ignore them, what the hell do they know anyway? :P

Level 62 Farming! (Damn, this is taking forever! ::) )

Ego Slayer
2006-09-02, 12:02 PM
I think I'll have to go with Toxic's pronouncation. Sounds nicer. ;)

62 farming?! Congrats, mine is 19. ^_^

*gasp, pant, out of breath* Almost.. 45 herblore.. so close!

50 agility now too. Almost ready for Legends. Darn 3 levels of Theiving.

PokeTheBard
2006-09-02, 02:58 PM
Yeah, the game developers NEVER know how to pronounce the places right! lol...

It's just like Keith Baker saying that Cyre should have been pronounced Kie-ree but my gaming group pronounces it (even AFTER reading what Keith had said) Seer-uh.

Stupid game designers... ;D

Samiam303
2006-09-02, 07:32 PM
Most fun I've EVER HAD at an organized event: The Tip.It Freak Train! :D

Screenie 1 (http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/5655/freaktrainfallygy1.png)
Screenie 2 (http://img119.imageshack.us/img119/6926/freaktrainbarbypl1.png)
Screenie 3 (http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/6650/freaktrainlumbyox5.png)
Screenie 4 (http://img324.imageshack.us/img324/4431/freaktrainvarrocktd8.png)
Screenie 5 (http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/899/hytalkharidad1.png)

LadyGlutter
2006-09-03, 11:29 AM
Cheer for me! For I just got my cable modem ;D ;D ;D ;D and am now going faster than the dialup crawl!

I switched to high detail in celebration, but can't get used to those dang roofs! So now I'm curious. Does everyone here use low or high detail?

NEO|Phyte
2006-09-03, 11:47 AM
I switched to high detail in celebration, but can't get used to those dang roofs! So now I'm curious. Does everyone here use low or high detail?
Low detail, but only so I don't have to hear that horrible horrible loading/login screen music

Ego Slayer
2006-09-03, 12:18 PM
Most fun I've EVER HAD at an organized event: The Tip.It Freak Train! :D

Screenie 1 (http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/5655/freaktrainfallygy1.png)
Screenie 2 (http://img119.imageshack.us/img119/6926/freaktrainbarbypl1.png)
Screenie 3 (http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/6650/freaktrainlumbyox5.png)
Screenie 4 (http://img324.imageshack.us/img324/4431/freaktrainvarrocktd8.png)
Screenie 5 (http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/899/hytalkharidad1.png)

You're freakin' insane. ::)

What's the diff. between high and low detail? So far I only know it doesnt play the music on the log in screen and you can't see the other text colors.

Samiam303
2006-09-03, 12:27 PM
On low detail, the water, lava, rubble, etc. has no texturing.. Also, if you're on the second floor of a building, you can't see to the ground. There are other things, but those are the main ones you'll notice. I mean, go to the TzHarr city and look on each detail. You'll see what I mean. :)

LadyGlutter
2006-09-03, 12:38 PM
Yes. Buildings have no roofs in low detail. Zanaris, I never knew there was a freaking cow turning the grist mill til I logged into high detail. The grass, well, there IS grass in high detail. It looks like the lawn needs mowing. Stuff like that. Switching from low to high is a little confusing because in low detail, you see something that stands out, and it's SOMETHING. In high detail, it's probably just a stick. ::)

Arian
2006-09-03, 10:16 PM
I use High - I'm used to the graphics, and the in-game music (which only recently 'migrated' to Low.)

Moonsinger and her sister use Low, because their computer is only 233MHz - which did actually work okay until the game-engine upgrade; now it's crossed the line, and I keep having to let them use my computer to get their RS fix. :-/

I definitely have to get either them or myself a faster machine.

- That's good news about your high-speed internet, Lady Glutter. :-) A friend of mine has been on dial-up since he moved to Canberra about four months ago, and he's quit playing RS for the duration - he found it impractically slow. I'm surprised you managed it without ripping your hair out.

I rip mine out enough on broadband-at-233MHz, and thankfully revert to my own machine as soon as possible.