PDA

View Full Version : Star wars battlefront 2

Hamsterboy_14
2006-10-08, 07:30 AM
The best star wars game ever, well thats what I think. Let me know what your favourite map is and general star wars game talk.

Sholos
2006-10-09, 03:25 PM
Mos Eisley, Hoth, and Kamino are my favorites on 2. On 1 my favorites are Mos Eisley, Hot, and Dune Sea.

Sniping on Kamino is mean.

Evil_Pacifist
2006-10-10, 03:32 PM
Yes, I play a bit, on other people's computers, as it doesn't run on mine, and yes, I like it, And I do beleive my favorite maps are... Kashyyyk, Hoth, and Dagoba.

I almost always snipe, though I sometimes play as a Heavy guy, or a Dark Trooper if I can be one, and am almost always evil. My favorite hero is Boba Fete.

I haven't played the first one much, though.

Sneak
2006-10-11, 06:16 PM
Favorite map: Assault on Mos Eisley. Hero Assault FTW!

Favorite unit: Just the standard soldiers for me. With elite in Frenzy, of course, giving me the neat advanced rifle.

Favorite hero: Darth Maul. On Mos Eisley Assault, Anakin is also fun.

Platform: PS2

Colon: colon.

DEMONhunter
2006-10-14, 02:48 PM
Favourite Map, Hoth or Kamino. Least favourite is Polis Massa because no matter how well I play my side always loses. My favourite units have to be the clone sniper for deadliness, the rebel smuggler for having a powerful weapon and the normal soldiers for versatility. No preference in terms of army.

SilverElf4
2006-10-14, 09:19 PM
Before I stopped playing a few months ago, I was in the 95th percentile on XBox Live. I am not really all that good a gamer (never made it past mid ranks in Halo, for instance) but I just loved the game that much. Still do, just taking a break for WoW. :)

Anyway, I agree, best SW game hands down, with KotoR a close second. My favorite map depends on what I want to play:

Shotgunning: Death Star (as Empire)
Sniping: Kashyykk (as Clone)
Gruntwork (standard infantry): Mos Eisley (as Rebel)
Vehicular: Naboo (Clone Walker)
Hero: Coruscant (Mace Windu)
Space: Kashyykk (Republic Starfighter)

The Republic Starfighter (and space battles in general) are my favorite. All those years playing flight simulators when I was younger seems to have paid off. :)

Anyone on XBox Live is welcome to look me up, gamertag: Aomousashi

Don Beegles
2006-10-16, 06:15 PM
Colon: colon.

How is Victor Hugo like Ronald Reagan?
They both have semi-colons!!
Ja, ja, ja!!!

theblackmantis
2006-10-17, 01:30 AM
mos-eisley for sure, and i would play it on the ps2, it sucks that they took out sky city though, thats where me and my friend would kill jedi in the first battlefront...

Crazy Owl
2006-10-17, 02:28 AM
Then play Death Star. That has large holes for them to fall down. They have health now anyway so if you don't get them when the timer is high the explosian might kill them.

Jade_Tarem
2006-10-18, 02:40 AM
Space combat was a nice touch.. but not an excuse for them to pull all flying vehicles out of ground missions IMO. Yes, it was cheesy to fly around and strafe 10 guys at a time, but the starfighters could be easily brought down by what... two missiles? Live and learn.... and spawn a heavy.

I don't know why they gave the Darktrooper a weapon as esoteric as the Arc Caster... they were doing fine with shotguns.

All in all though, I like the game better than the first one, despite what they did to Bespin and Kashyyyk.
And the Galactic conquest system sort of makes more sense... except that you have to "buy" your new troop types.

P.S. Is it just me, or is the Imperial commander notably underpowered compared to the rest of the tier 5 guys? Lemme show you what I mean (evaluations of relative worth do not include jedi) -

Bothan Spy: Has the incinerator for taking out close enemies, and stealth for getting close, plus snooping in general (note that this is the only unit with a cloaking device. Also has the time bombs that he can fire from cloak. His wave move is regeneration, arguably the best one. He's lightly armored but no one should really be shooting at you, right? ;)

Magna Guard: Has a SEMI-AUTOMATIC ROCKET LAUNCHER :o the only downside of which is an utter lack of splash damage. He also has a grenade laucher for long range issues, corners, and splash, and has a probot for PvP with annoying campers. His wave move is Neuro-poison, arguably the best one. He seems to have slightly more armor than the SBD.

Clone Commander: Has a minigun that can waste everything in medium and short range and takes a long time to overheat. This is also the only primary weapon that has infinite ammo. He has the pistol for long range monkies and a probot for annoying campers in PvP. His wave move is Defense, still a semi-solid move. The clone commander himself seems to have a disproportionate amount of armor.

Imperial Officer: Has an utterly worthless sonic pistol. It fires slow, doing no more than moderate damage on a direct hit, and the splash effect is of minimal radius and does even less damage. The grenade launcher is far more useful but also slow firing, and somewhat unwieldy. He has no extra armor and a wave move that doesn't seem to help a whole lot (says it increases damage, but I find that the guys with the defense buff on them actually do more damage because they stay alive longer and fire more shots, throw more grenades, take command posts, etc. He does have the probot for the campers, but for once it's likely that the player will die before the probot will. And he has a stupid hat.

I am so bored. :P

Crazy Owl
2006-10-18, 02:46 AM
I prefer the Commander to all the others except the Magna Gaurd.

Jade_Tarem
2006-10-18, 02:47 AM
Same here, if you're talking about clone commander.

Crazy Owl
2006-10-18, 02:59 AM
I mean't that I think he is better than the others aswell.

AmoDman
2006-10-18, 03:01 AM
Best Star Wars game? No. Kotor 1 & 2 respectively. Close? Perhaps. Though me and my friends have at times a hard time deciding which is better between Battlefront 1 & 2. The controls are perfect for neither of them, but each has their + and -'s. Sad factoid, I think me and my bud spent the majority of Christmas Day at my house playing this game...eh, I still recall it fondly. 'Effing Princess Leia hiding in the mission you board the rebel ship...

Captain van der Decken
2006-10-18, 02:08 PM
Fave unit would be any of the jetpackers, or droideka.

Mos Eisley Assault or Hoth hunt (wampas ;D)

SilverElf4
2006-10-18, 02:16 PM
Outside of the missing levels (some of which were excellent) I think BF2 is superior in every way.

I'm not sure *any* of the elites are worthwhile outside of specific situations. That being said, the sheer volume of fire than can be laid down by a Clone Commander seems the most favorable weapon.

Personally though, I spent most of BF1 as an imperial pilot, so grenade launchers are second nature to me. More than that, I love using them, both delayed shot and impact, whether wall bouncing or head shots.

Consequentially, the Wookie and the Imperial Commander make it into my line up occasionally. 8)

AmoDman
2006-10-18, 03:13 PM
Well, as for units...standard troopers for me. I can kill more and faster with them than any other. They're like the Halo 1 pistol, multi-purpose any range weapon that covers all the bases.

Demosthenes
2006-10-18, 03:17 PM
Depending on the level, I normally stick with the general soilder. I love Komino as the rebels, Solo has a great gun and detpacks too. I like the docks for sniping.. mm good times

Jade_Tarem
2006-10-19, 12:10 AM
How about the droideka for all-purpose? There are exactly 3 things it can't do:

1) Kill vehicles
2) Jump
3) Climb the stairs in Mos Eisley

Sholos
2006-10-19, 12:33 AM
Clone Commander: Has a minigun that can waste everything in medium and short range and takes a long time to overheat. This is also the only primary weapon that has infinite ammo.

Not true. Droidekas also have inf. ammo. Oh, and they absolutely waste Commanders.

Jade_Tarem
2006-10-19, 01:39 AM
Not true. Droidekas also have inf. ammo. Oh, and they absolutely waste Commanders.

True, I'd forgotten about that... but it tends to overheat faster.

Besides, it was a comparison of the tier five guys, anyway, rather than the teir 6 droidekas. If you want to go tier six... wookie and driodeka own all.

Captain van der Decken
2006-10-19, 02:10 AM
The space maps are pretty good aswell, come to think of it.
What annoys me very often is when i try to get in a ship and someone else gets there first.

Crazy Owl
2006-10-19, 02:37 AM
What annoys me is when people think they should park a carrier in the enemy hanger so we can spawn there then take off wihtout anyone in it who can repare so it gets hit along the way over. He lands it and because it is dmaged it will eventually will blow up and he wonders if flying to the enemy ship by himself was such a good idea.

SilverElf4
2006-10-19, 10:22 PM
Worse than that is the absolutely atrocious AI, who will take over the transport that you just landed in the enemy bay, and in an apparent fit of patriotic zeal, flight it directly into the walls of the flight hanger, depriving you of troopers, and a convenient spawn point.

Faobar_the_Woad
2006-10-20, 11:48 AM
Naah worst is when you fly the transport into enemy base and then one of your other team mates flies away with it.

>:(

Sholos
2006-10-28, 12:47 AM
Wait, you guys use the transports? I just hop in a fast ship, and fly into the hanger, then go take out the turrets and everything else. Or were you talking multiplayer where the enemies not completely worthless as an opponent?

Captain van der Decken
2006-10-28, 05:42 AM
If you do use them, then if you die for whatever reason you can spawn in their hanger.

Destro_Yersul
2006-10-29, 12:17 AM
Good game. Space maps are my favorite. Hoth is good, Mos Eisley is good, Kamino is good. Yavin Four I hate with a passion. And just for the record they didn't remove all flying vehicles from the land maps. You can get speeders on Hoth.

Sholos
2006-10-30, 04:40 PM
If you do use them, then if you die for whatever reason you can spawn in their hanger.

Like I said, the bots in BFII aren't exactly good. I don't die onship against them.

Maxymiuk
2006-10-30, 04:51 PM
Borrowed it from a friend for a few days, but he forgot I had it, so I ended up keeping it for a whole four months, buahahaha.

On the Republic side I definitely prefered the standard commando (elite rifle goodness) or the engineer (shottie, repair, and blowing stuff up).

Droidekas FTW for Separatists, especially in any maps involving tight corridors. Careful shield/weapon overheat management = 30+ dead clones before they destroy me.

The_Snark
2006-10-30, 09:55 PM
It's a fun game. Droidekas are awesome... so long as you have a nice spot from which you won't need to move for a long time. Good in tight corridors; it's particularly fun to watch the AI bounce grenades off you and kill itself.

But overall I like the engineers, because the potential for a 1-hit head shot plus self-healing capacity is awesome. Unless it's a very open map like Geonosis or Kashykk, in which case the regular trooper is better.

Yeah, stupid Leia... only Vader and the engineer even have a chance on that map.

Only thing I didn't like about it was that they removed all the air vehicles, with the exception of the snowspeeder. That, and the AI's numerous flaws.

President Legos
2006-10-31, 01:01 AM
Favorite place eh? Well I got lot's but the short list it; The Death Star, Mos Eisley, and Kamino (for the Sniping!) Favorite unit has to be the sniper online, able to kill your enimies from afar=good times! For the robots though it has to be the Droideka (just to own those Jedi!).

Sholos
2006-10-31, 02:08 AM
If you're "owning" Jedi with a Droideka, you're playing against some really stupid Jedi. Nothing is hard for a Jedi to kill, let alone a Droideka.

Captain van der Decken
2006-10-31, 02:24 AM
Sometimes they do crazy stuff.

If you're a super battle droid, you can kill them with rockets.

President Legos
2006-10-31, 10:20 PM
If you're "owning" Jedi with a Droideka, you're playing against some really stupid Jedi. Nothing is hard for a Jedi to kill, let alone a Droideka.

I'm not saying it's SUPER easy, but online, Jedi are Prime targets, and with a couple of well aimed blaster shots (from you're trusty reapeating blaster), they go down.

Annarrkkii
2006-10-31, 10:35 PM
Not so much. A smart Jedi, particularly a smart Dooku or Mace, who have the descend+wack attacks, will stay airborne as much as possible, and parry when they are not airborne. It's nigh impossible to track a sprinting Jedi, unless he's barreling straight towards you, and a sprint+jump+attack is lethal to anything. Droidekas have some of the best chances to take a Jedi down simply because Jedi are most still when wacking on their shields, and therefore at point blank range, as well as not parrying and not moving much. Still, saying it's easy is a massive overstatement. If the player playing the Jedi is anywhere close to being near to nearly as good as you are, at least.

Personally I :sabine: engineers. They own, and I love them. I play them even on maps where it's retarded to play them (read—Endor.)

Katonta
2006-11-02, 09:32 PM
Ahh, BF2, good times. I still play it in my spare time on my ps2. Trying to get all the badges to legendary is tough though. I only have 2 or 3, almost got frenzy to elite though. But I think the toughest one to get is the demolition one, where you have to blow up 2(?) vehicles using its weak spot. Then there is the snipping. Which, unfortunetely, I am not very good at.

But droidakas are fun, I personnally like the standard trooper myself. I'm able to get frenzy and waste the NPC. But its the NPC, so it isn't much to brag about.

In other news, a question, do you get anything for beating all the conquests? Or can you get everything from the begginning?

Thanks

Destro_Yersul
2006-11-02, 10:57 PM
Actually, you only have to hit the vehicles weakspot for demolition. Get that one on hoth. AT-At's are slow, and the neck is really easy to hit. Plus they take a while to kill, so you can get the medal 5 or 6 times off one of 'em.

Slaadi
2006-11-11, 11:35 PM
As a Jedi, I stay behind droidika. Though I always get killed if there is a lot enemys with the droidika. I'm not very good at space battles. I hate it when, in Jabba's Pallace, most of the clones run straight to the rancor pit.

Lorddarthpaul
2006-11-13, 04:56 PM
hey thats from doctor who i watch that show!

Lorddarthpaul
2006-11-13, 05:00 PM
now how many of you know the advantages to a time bomb or explosive i mean beside the kills you rack up. but do you know what the can help you with? i do they are the perfect disguise thats what lets say that someone is killing you place a time bomb in that place hide, then wait once it goes off run forward and attack expect much more from alpha the all wise, owning, always yelling pwn3d! smart*** general.

Neftren
2006-11-13, 05:48 PM
As a Jedi, I stay behind droidika. Though I always get killed if there is a lot enemys with the droidika. I'm not very good at space battles. I hate it when, in Jabba's Pallace, most of the clones run straight to the rancor pit.

Trick to killing droidekas with Jedi is to get on top of them. Especially if you're Mace Windu. The crater destroys shields if you get a perfect hit.

Lorddarthpaul
2006-11-14, 03:41 PM
ahh, but what are the chances of that now? even i havent gotten that to happen and i have been trying forever to.

tip: to raise demolition got to instant action geonosis set it as conquest get the max reinforcements but no computer players so you can get the giant tank all to your self note: the critical hit point is in front of the tank thing below the cockpit you will see a little circle aim at it fire, and get four criticals keep doing this until you run out of enemyt reinforcements and you will have signifinaltly raised your demolition bonus.

Lorddarthpaul
2006-11-14, 03:41 PM
i am all wise HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lorddarthpaul
2006-11-14, 04:52 PM
when it is time to run don't just keep on shooting the odds look against you but trust me you can even things out pretty quick try it you'll see.:smallcool:

Neftren
2006-11-14, 07:18 PM
I have like 30 marksmen medals and 3 Frenzy medals... Trying to find a good map to train Frenzy. Also, for the Technician award (great for space battles), play Kashyyk or however you spell it and just use fusion cutters on droid tanks...

Lorddarthpaul
2006-11-15, 12:11 PM
you fool you can already regenerate health in space ships without the technician bonus award dip.:smallfurious:

Lorddarthpaul
2006-11-15, 12:14 PM
so quit being a fool or i will sick my rancor on you:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/4/4b/ARancor.jpg/330px-ARancor.jpg (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:ARancor.jpg)

Lorddarthpaul
2006-11-15, 12:17 PM
Mos Eisley, Hoth, and Kamino are my favorites on 2. On 1 my favorites are Mos Eisley, Hot, and Dune Sea.

Sniping on Kamino is mean.
no its not, sniping on kamino is fun!

Sholos
2006-11-15, 04:26 PM
Hey, LDP? There's something I'd like you to look at. It's at the bottom of your posts. It's a button labeled "Edit". This button is your friend to avoid serious spamming of a thread.

Sniping on any level is mean. But still lots of fun!

Neftren
2006-11-18, 07:18 PM
you fool you can already regenerate health in space ships without the technician bonus award dip.:smallfurious:

The vehicle regen bonus lets you do bombing runs with scout fighters. You're fast enough to avoid most of the strong stuff so you just get pelted by the chaingun turrets.

Sholos
2006-11-19, 04:15 AM
Why are you doing bombing runs without taking out the shields and turret systems?

Captain van der Decken
2006-11-19, 05:24 AM
It's just easier to take them all out from inside, if you want to do that.

Neftren
2006-11-20, 08:59 PM
I take out frigates first. Easy points. Then I land my starfighter inside and proceed to timebomb everything in sight.

Slaadi
2006-12-21, 06:01 PM
I found out that you can shoot a guy held by the rancor and get a massive pour of items from the guy if you kill him.

heretic
2006-12-21, 07:04 PM
I'm golden on Hoth, Kamino and Geonosis. I like hunting vehicle noobs the most. Nothing sucks worse than some idiot in a big fat vehicle blowing you away while you aren't a shock trooper.

Timberwolf
2006-12-21, 07:16 PM
Been a while since I played but I seem to remember prefering the imperial scout trooper over pretty much everything else because of his 2 position zoom in which made sniping easier. Of course, the engineer with his trusty Jedishredder (shotgun to the rest of you) was also ftw.

necron lord
2006-12-22, 01:47 AM
I found out that you can shoot a guy held by the rancor and get a massive pour of items from the guy if you kill him.

Where was this in the game? I don't remember it.

I prefer the regular trooper the most, with all the bonuses so you can get a limited sniper with the pistol. If need be I can easly switch over to a different tropper. I try and use all of the tropers as much as possible. That way I can be well rounded and ready for any kind of problem in the battle.

What do you people think of the bonuses on Battlefront 2?

Lord Magtok
2007-01-03, 08:28 PM
The frenzy ((regular trooper rifle upgrade)) bonus makes the game too easy.

zer0
2007-01-17, 11:25 AM
i dont like the award sniper
u can't shoot them in the head, and it has a relatively short distance max :(

and i got legendary everything except sniper(because i dont want it) and demolition :)

blackout
2007-01-20, 12:15 AM
The one thing this game was missing? Aircraft in land battles. OTHER than Hoth's snowspeeders. :(

Gralamin
2007-01-20, 12:53 AM
Ah such a great game.
Me? I like having legendary in everything thank you.

The greatest Jedi in the game Is Ki-adi-mundi. A stupid player can't use him, but a master realizes his power.

Quite simply I discovered it when Playing lan games where I keep being choked to death by a particularly annoying vader (my Brother). I soon figured out that Pull had a farther range then choke, as well as it allows you to do an awesome combo.
This combo is quite simply:
Force Pull + Dash Jump + Slash in the air.
Once you've mastered this you can kill any hero.
When facing tanks and Droidekas, I too tend to stay at the back, or use a combination of saber throw and force jump (or if I'm Windu, jump Smash)

Crazy Owl
2007-01-20, 04:20 AM
How does that make Kiadi-Mundi the best? Yoda can force pull and I think he is faster when he dashes than Mundi and also is very very very small target.

Lorddarthpaul
2007-01-23, 03:47 PM
Hey, LDP? There's something I'd like you to look at. It's at the bottom of your posts. It's a button labeled "Edit". This button is your friend to avoid serious spamming of a thread.

Sniping on any level is mean. But still lots of fun!

........ are you serious?.......*sigh*

Lorddarthpaul
2007-01-23, 03:48 PM
see the problem is that i have gotten legendary on everything so i find things intresting....hmm

Lorddarthpaul
2007-01-23, 03:53 PM
ok so then here is a tip ok? listen carefully to raise your demolition skill do geonosis on instant action but wait dont start it yet ok? set evrything to zero for enemies and team members themn set kils to the max that you can ok
now, be cis aka droids and be a rocket carrying droid( i cant rember their name noooo!) and walk up to that giant walking command post the at st *i think* right in front around the bottom in the middle there is a circle ok aim at the miidle of that and fire! repeat until you get reward then respawn repeat steps listed ok? good.

Lorddarthpaul
2007-01-23, 03:55 PM
*phew*

"ring goes on ring goes off! ring goes on ring goes off!"

Lorddarthpaul
2007-01-23, 03:56 PM
Ah such a great game.
Me? I like having legendary in everything thank you.

The greatest Jedi in the game Is Ki-adi-mundi. A stupid player can't use him, but a master realizes his power.

Quite simply I discovered it when Playing lan games where I keep being choked to death by a particularly annoying vader (my Brother). I soon figured out that Pull had a farther range then choke, as well as it allows you to do an awesome combo.
This combo is quite simply:
Force Pull + Dash Jump + Slash in the air.
Once you've mastered this you can kill any hero.
When facing tanks and Droidekas, I too tend to stay at the back, or use a combination of saber throw and force jump (or if I'm Windu, jump Smash)
knew that ha!

Lorddarthpaul
2007-01-23, 03:56 PM

Lorddarthpaul
2007-01-25, 03:51 PM
i dont like the award sniper
u can't shoot them in the head, and it has a relatively short distance max :(

and i got legendary everything except sniper(because i dont want it) and demolition :)

well your right and wrong. see the sniping award is great for one reason, you can knock out multiple assailants but as you said " you can't get head shots with it." see thats pretty true but your not supposed to aim at the head, with the award sniper rifle you aim at the middle area of the body. does that kinda clear things up a little?:redcloak:

Lorddarthpaul
2007-01-25, 03:53 PM
The frenzy ((regular trooper rifle upgrade)) bonus makes the game too easy.

yes that is pretty true but hey at least you have something to brag about in accomplishments for the day.:smallbiggrin:

heretic
2007-01-26, 07:29 PM
If it weren't for CPs, you could take on the computer single-handedly with only a few reinforcements to repawn with and win.

Provided you have frenzy.

Gralamin
2007-01-30, 11:11 PM
How does that make Kiadi-Mundi the best? Yoda can force pull and I think he is faster when he dashes than Mundi and also is very very very small target.

Mundi's jump attack deals slightly more damage, and has a more likely chance to hit the enemy.

Question: Okay, I started playing again after a hiatus, and I forgot how to do something.
When In a space ship, how do I do a u-turn? There was some special way to do it.

Destro_Yersul
2007-01-30, 11:20 PM
You know how you do the barrel roll? Tap the button for that twice instead of once.

Gralamin
2007-01-30, 11:21 PM
*blink* so simple...
hehe Barrel roll, oh starfox.

Dragor
2007-01-31, 04:33 PM
*blink* so simple...
hehe Barrel roll, oh starfox.

Drat! You've reminded me of Starfox.... *goes to play Lylat Wars*

Well, I've played BF1.... for a while. I don't want to buy the game, as I prefer Battlefield 2. I can see the appeal, but wouldn't want to buy it.

Lorddarthpaul
2007-02-05, 06:10 PM
*sigh* well i guess i should start the discussion, Here i go. If you start to glitch or whatever you want to call it whats the most coolest or wierdest thing you have to report happening? i think we should talk about that and the game in general what do you guys think?

Lord Magtok
2007-02-05, 06:24 PM
I'm not sure if it was a glitch, but I was the last stormtrooper on Endor in single player, with only a handful of Elite rounds left in my inventory. The rebels were hidden and there were about sixteen of 'em.

So I took my Frenzy Rifle, and went on a dangerous and paranoid trek through Vietnam Endor, and nearly got shot down three times by ambushers. Eventually, I got 'em, and was the sole living being left, save those annoying ewoks. It was really, really neat.

Destro_Yersul
2007-02-06, 03:02 AM
Oh, how I hate playing on Endor as the Empire... Luckily, I am ridiculously good at Space Combat. Therefore, I just park a ship above the planet and laugh at anyone who tries to take it. I do that with all planets I hate playing on. Oh, and here's a neat trick using the Rebels or Republic on Kashyyk:

Get the Rocket Launcher award. This is really easy on Hoth, because of the number of hits an AT-At can take before being destroyed. Once you have Legendary in this award, go to Kashyyk and play as the Rebels or Republic. Spawn at the back CP, in the wookie village. Play as a Rocket Launcher trooper. Switch to the remote rockets and stand next to the Ammo droid. As of right now, you are god. You can blow up any trooper anywhere on the battlefield without fear of retaliation.

Lord Magtok
2007-02-06, 08:02 PM
Speaking of Endor with the Empire, what other levels seem unbalanced and unfair? I think Empire might be too powerful in Hoth, but that's probably only cuz I'm always playing as 'em.:smallbiggrin:

And Destro, there's always the chance you won't kill fast enough with your trick, your incompetent troops will lose the CPs, and you'll be the sole clone facing an army of droids attempting to siege your little fort.

TheOtherMC
2007-02-06, 08:58 PM
i am all wise HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah....hate to steal your thunder chief but I THINK there's an easier way to buff awards. Correct me if im wrong but your single player stats carry over to multi-player so its just a matter of having some good single player runs within their incredible restricitve time limits. Not exactly. Turns out you can also pad your stats in the "never-ending tutuorial" ala geonosis. As long as you dont go all jedi and finish the training mission it goes on forever giving you plenty of time to say (.1 mow down supers in the first objective for easy award rifle/percision pistol award. (2. snipe away during the third(?) objective for incredibly easy headshots (Since the next objective doesnt really trigger untill you switch to a heavy), (3. Switch to said heavy and repeadidly take down the spider walkersin their weak spots (the joint right where the leg meets the body). etc, etc, etc...

Speaking of remote rockets, I love playin Mos Eisley assault and chosing heroes(yeah im a tool) and chewbaca then parking by the ammo droid by the skiff in the middle and play a little game i like to call "Welcome to Iraq" hehe. You'd be suprised the expletives that come out of some kid's mouths when their "nigh-untouchable" boba/jango gets blown out of the sky mid jump :P

wow.....that was alot longer than i thought it would be...my apologies for ranting

Destro_Yersul
2007-02-09, 03:18 AM
Speaking of Endor with the Empire, what other levels seem unbalanced and unfair? I think Empire might be too powerful in Hoth, but that's probably only cuz I'm always playing as 'em.:smallbiggrin:

And Destro, there's always the chance you won't kill fast enough with your trick, your incompetent troops will lose the CPs, and you'll be the sole clone facing an army of droids attempting to siege your little fort.

I've won against worse odds. It's not meant to win though, it's meant to be fun. Plus if you have another player, one can guard CP's and one can rocket snipe.

As for other unbalanced levels:
Yavin Four: It is ridiculously hard if you use the Republic or Rebels
Utapau: Republic will have problems here
Coruscant: CIS=win, especially if you use the leader bonus. Maul+one starting command post=Doom
Geonosis: Don't even get me started on how hard this level is. Geonosians don't count for the reinforcement limit, so...

Any I missed?

And for assault: Heroes with guns are good, but not the best. The ones with force choke are the best for evil, especially Dooku. You can sit in the middle of a roof and choke anyone who comes up there to death. Another fun trick is with yoda, who can jump really high. Get onto the tallest building in the place and force push anyone who tries to kill you. If you get shot, block and back up.

Despite the above, my favourite evil hero is Grievous. His charge attack causes doom.

S.ilver
2007-02-09, 11:01 PM
Any I missed?

I'd have to say Polis Masa for the Empire. The forward CP on the Imperial end is very hard to defend, because there's two separate corridors entering the room with the CP which the rebels can run down. Basically, you get flanked to death. To make matters worse, respawning at that CP will put you in the vehicle room or corridor BEHIND the actual CP, so the rebels will still take it, unless you nade the room constantly, which means your foolish AI allies will end up dying too. To top it off, once they manage to secure the CP, and rebels spawn in there, they appear on the other side of your troop body that was trying to hold the CP. Yay for more flanking. And since Palpatine is the hero for that map, you might as well just try and stick with the nades...

Lord Magtok
2007-02-09, 11:08 PM
In the Tantive IV, in story mode, a huge group of your fellow troopers die in a tight hallway due to a grenade. I've never found a way to prevent this massive loss, nor have I tried.

If it is the same set-up in skirmishes, then add Tantive IV to the list.

Gralamin
2007-02-10, 01:19 AM
Don't forget about the Wookies or Ewoks.

"I did it all for the Wookies"
"The Wookies?"
"The Wookies!"

Destro_Yersul
2007-02-10, 05:33 AM
I'd have to say Polis Masa for the Empire. The forward CP on the Imperial end is very hard to defend, because there's two separate corridors entering the room with the CP which the rebels can run down. Basically, you get flanked to death. To make matters worse, respawning at that CP will put you in the vehicle room or corridor BEHIND the actual CP, so the rebels will still take it, unless you nade the room constantly, which means your foolish AI allies will end up dying too. To top it off, once they manage to secure the CP, and rebels spawn in there, they appear on the other side of your troop body that was trying to hold the CP. Yay for more flanking. And since Palpatine is the hero for that map, you might as well just try and stick with the nades...

Forgot about there. Of course, my cheap-@ss tactic-o-doom is to grab a tank and steal the rear rebel CP, then slaughter my way through their ranks on the way back to my side. Considering the rebel hero is Leia, both sides got kind of shafted on that count.

For the CIS, however, this map is awesome. Because, you see, droids don't breathe. Which means they can survive outside. Which means you can take an engineer and jack up the enemy vehicles, causing the pilots to die horribly. *evil grin* Not practical, but fun.

Lord Magtok
2007-02-10, 02:53 PM
Anyone here know about the traps on the Death Star and Jabba's Palace?

I dove into the Death Star trap to escape a bunch of rebels the first time, but when I realized where I was, I sprinted out of the trash compactor just before it could crush me. I never go down there anymore now.

Crazy Owl
2007-02-10, 08:33 PM
I know on Jabbas place you could fall into the Rancor pit but didn't know you could fall in the trash compactor. Wheres abouts is that on the map?

Sholos
2007-02-11, 12:18 AM
........ are you serious?.......*sigh*
Yes, I was very serious about the edit button.

Destro_Yersul
2007-02-11, 04:19 AM
Yeah, I knew about those. You know on the Death Star you can also retract some bridges, right? It's fun if you're playing a faction with jetpacks. Also, if the rancor grabs you and you choose to respawn instead of watching the death animation your body drops a load of health and ammo. And speaking of Jabba's, I've always found it really hard to win there.

blackout
2007-02-24, 10:42 PM
I always play Republic or Empire. I, personally, am an expert at fighting on Mygeeto and Geonosis. Always have been....but I miss my air support. :(

Lord Magtok
2007-02-24, 10:47 PM
Yeah, I knew about those. You know on the Death Star you can also retract some bridges, right? It's fun if you're playing a faction with jetpacks. Also, if the rancor grabs you and you choose to respawn instead of watching the death animation your body drops a load of health and ammo. And speaking of Jabba's, I've always found it really hard to win there.

Yeah, those Gamorreans always seem to be jumping out at you and axing you in the face. There shouldn't be so many of them on that map.

blackout
2007-02-25, 08:41 AM
Actually, the Gamorreans make good target practice. They attack both armies, so, they add a nice sense of interest to the game. If there's no rebels/droids nearby, there might be one of them.

twerk_face
2007-02-25, 01:12 PM
This game is incredibly overrated. I havn't played it online, but from what ive heard, it doesn't offer much, and to me, that is the only way it could seem relaly amazing. Like, it's not BAD, persay, just not nearly as good as everyone says it is. And no, it is not the best SW game. KotOR is :D

blackout
2007-02-25, 04:20 PM
KotOR IZ T3H RULEZORZ. But not the point of this thread.

step07mar
2007-02-28, 02:45 PM
well the game is good with all the lasers and reconisable charactors but it cant mach up to the series it was cloned from: the battlefield series

Crazy Owl
2007-02-28, 03:57 PM
well the game is good with all the lasers and reconisable charactors but it cant mach up to the series it was cloned from: the battlefield series

Battlefield is good but I still like my Space Battles and running round as Yoda stabbing battledroids.

BrokenButterfly
2007-02-28, 04:00 PM
I've enjoyed it when I've rented it. Preferred Battlefront to Battlefront 2 for some weird reason. Never played online though, just with friends on multiplayer.

Tend to play an assassin droid. Favourite levels are Dune Sea (I like the multiple faction war) and Kashykk:Docks (Anything with an offensive landing situation is always going to be interesting in my books).

Lorddarthpaul
2007-03-01, 11:23 AM
AGG! Oh no run! its the rancor poliza!!