PDA

View Full Version : Master Thrower Build

Master Thrower
2010-09-29, 07:12 PM
So i'm currently an 7th lvl rouge 1st lvl master thrower. My feats are weapon focus dagger, point blank shot, precise shot, far shot. my trick is sneaky shot. i use a gauntlet of infinite blades. any character building advice?

Dark_Nohn
2010-09-29, 08:13 PM
Get some invisible blade levels while you're at it

Amphetryon
2010-09-30, 03:18 PM
Rogue 7/Warblade 3/Master Thrower 5/Bloodstorm Blade 5. :smallcool:

Master Thrower
2010-09-30, 05:18 PM
I considered going invisible blade, but i wear mithril breastplate. Unfettered defense only works un-armored :smallfrown:. Also were not allowed to use anything outside of core books, the first set of completes, the race books, libris mortis, and the planar handbook. So no bloodstorm blade

Dark_Nohn
2010-09-30, 08:35 PM
mithril breastplates...
hmmm... bracers of armor always seemed to be more efficient, and not an actual armor, though the bonus they provide is "armor," I forget where, but it's the same deal as monk's unarmored bonuses

lsfreak
2010-09-30, 08:42 PM
mithril breastplates...
hmmm... bracers of armor always seemed to be more efficient, and not an actual armor, though the bonus they provide is "armor," I forget where, but it's the same deal as monk's unarmored bonuses

Bracers of armor are ridiculously expensive. A mithril breastplate costs under 5000gp. Bracers of armor that are the same cost 25,000gp.

Dark_Nohn
2010-09-30, 08:58 PM
I was figuring that unfettered defenses (maxing at +5) equals the amount you'd give up from the actual mithral breastplate (losing the FF AC but gaining it to T AC.) The bracers price matches the enhancement bonus price of getting your breastplate magic'ed up, but maxes at +8 instead of +5.
In other words, it's all the same, but it's what you'd do if you were to actually go down the invisible blade path... (also those free action feinting mixed with the weakspot trick, hitting a flatfooted touch AC which maxes at 23 for a fine sized creature with a +5 deflection bonus in non-epic campaigns)

gorfnab
2010-10-01, 01:28 AM
Here is a build I've used before under similar book restrictions.

Race: Halfling
Level. Class - Feat(s)
1. Rogue - Halfling Rogue RS - Point Blank Shot
2. Swashbuckler - B: Weapon Finesse
3. Rogue - Precise Shot
4. Rogue - Halfling Rogue RS
5. Swashbuckler
6. Swashbuckler - Two Weapon Fighting
7. Fighter - B: Weapon Focus Dagger
8. Master Thrower - B: Quick Draw
9. Master Thrower - Far Shot
10. Whisperknife - B: Rapid Shot
11. Whisperknife
12. Whisperknife - Improved Two Weapon Fighting
13. Master Thrower
14. Master Thrower - B: Snatch Arrows
15. Master Thrower - B: Improved Critical Dagger, Greater Two Weapon Fighting
16. Invisible Blade
17. Invisible Blade
18. Invisible Blade - Improved Precise Shot
19. Invisible Blade
20. Invisible Blade

Cespenar
2010-10-01, 03:55 AM
I don't know why you get those master thrower tricks when there's also the awesome possibility of Palm Throw.

Master Thrower
2010-10-03, 05:37 PM
Palm throw only allows me an extra attack per round. so if i full attack thats another 2d4 plus 2. sneaky shot allows me to sneak attack so an extra 4d6

tyckspoon
2010-10-03, 06:02 PM
Palm throw only allows me an extra attack per round. so if i full attack thats another 2d4 plus 2. sneaky shot allows me to sneak attack so an extra 4d6

It works on all of your attacks. When/if you get Hasted, you'll get an extra attack from that. When you pick up Rapid Shot, Palm Throw will get you another shot from that too. If you decide to acquire Two Weapon Fighting, Palm Throw will double up those. It scales soo much better than using Sneaky Shot to make a single Sneak Attack throw/turn (especially because you should be investing in a non-action-using way to trigger Sneak Attacks anyway, since you're a ranged build that can't rely on flanking.)

gorfnab
2010-10-03, 06:08 PM
Huh? Is this a DM house rule? Normally Palm Throw allows you to throw 2 weapons per attack role. So lets say you had a BAB of +11/+6/+1. Normally you would be able to only throw 3 weapons, with Palm Throw you can throw 6 (two per attack role, granted only one thrown weapon per attack role would get sneak attack as per volley rules).

Master Thrower
2010-10-04, 06:22 PM
Oh sorry, i only have two attacks per round right now so thats an extra 2d4+2.

lsfreak
2010-10-04, 07:18 PM
Oh sorry, i only have two attacks per round right now so thats an extra 2d4+2.

You should be getting sneak attack on those, too. Bribe the sorcerer to cast greater invis on you, get a ring of blinking, find a way to fit in HipS. It's a far more efficient way of getting sneak attack than a piddly 1/rnd.

crazedloon
2010-10-04, 07:30 PM
you only get sneak on 1 of the thrown weapons per palm throw but that does not lower the effectiveness of the trick.

If you are a halfling I would suggest the boomerang feats from RoE which will allow you to gain even more attacks which also cause daze.

Also if you pick up (I think it is 3 levels) of bloodstorm blade you can treat your attacks as melee attacks which means you can take advantage of combat rythm which makes you throw out a ridiculous amount of damage with palm throw, add in boomerangs bouncing and you can emulate the area damage of nearly any wizard while passing around the daze effect

Master Thrower
2010-10-04, 07:40 PM
unfortunately i'm a human, but next level i was thinking neraph throw from the planar handbook, and for my next trick either palm throw, or trip shot