PDA

View Full Version : Looking forNon-divine healing.

Salbazier
2010-09-29, 08:46 PM
Like the title says, I'm looking for a class that can provide healing without divine flavor.

Tetrasodium
2010-09-29, 08:49 PM
Like the title says, I'm looking for a class that can provide healing without divine flavor.

Crusader can do some in combat self & group healing, it's sort of a tankish type.

randomhero00
2010-09-29, 08:51 PM
Factotum can and isn't a divine feeling class.

Also Dragon Shaman, with their fast healing aura up to 1/2 hps.

Tetrasodium
2010-09-29, 08:52 PM
Factotum can and isn't a divine feeling class.

Chameleon too now that I think about it :)

GoodbyeSoberDay
2010-09-29, 08:54 PM
Repair X damage works if you happen to be a construct of some sort.

Undying Vigor of the Dragonlords can heal a lot (normal healing, too), especially with appropriate metamagic, but you're using up a level 5 Sorcerer spell known (not to mention spell slots) for some self healing.

There are more, but I forget them.

Galsiah
2010-09-29, 08:57 PM
You could use a Rogue or similar class to UMD some cure wands, alternatively you could use psionic healing powers, if you use psionics that is. Specifically the egoist is useful for this application.

Salbazier
2010-09-29, 08:58 PM
Crusader doesn't really fit. I'm trying to some sort of doctor-like character (sorry should have explained in the OP) with some aversion to clerics. Factotum may works, but isn't what chameleon use is still basically divine magic?

Where I can find Undying Vigor of the Dragonlords?

What I got by myself is artificer. Potions making and all

Saveducks
2010-09-29, 09:01 PM
Isn't bard arcane, they have decent healing.

Pie Guy
2010-09-29, 09:01 PM
Crusader doesn't really fit. I'm trying to some sort of doctor-like character (sorry should have explained in the OP) with some aversion to clerics. Factotum may works, but isn't what chameleon use is still basically divine magic?

Dammit, Jim, I'm a doctor not a cleric!

Salbazier
2010-09-29, 09:05 PM
Can't believe I forgot about bard :smallfrown:

randomhero00
2010-09-29, 09:10 PM
Technically the archivist is divine fluff, but they've never felt that way to me. They feel more like an arcanist to me, personally. They have a very doctor, scholarly, phd feel. Also, you can pretend your Dark Knowledge comes from dissecting your kills :smallbiggrin:

Tetrasodium
2010-09-29, 09:11 PM

What about the healer class in the miniature's handbook? It casts divine spells, but it doesn't really have a divine feel to it. There is a string similar to paladins where you could lose your powers if you refuse to heal a good aligned humanoid in certain amounts of need (about to die I think). There is also a combat medic class/prc... somewhere.

Thurbane
2010-09-29, 09:31 PM
Binder can do unlimited healing (at a low rate/round) once they can bind Buer.

gorfnab
2010-09-29, 11:22 PM
Artificer (ECS) + Armor Enhancement Infusion (ECS) + Greater Healing Armor Enhancement (MCI)

Beguiler, Warmage, or Dread Necromancer + Arcane Disciple: Healing (CD) + Combat Medic Prestige Class (HoB)

Beguiler, Warmage, or Dread Necromancer + Rainbow Servant (CD)

Azurin + Dragon Shaman + Shape Soulmeld (lifebond vestments) + Shape Soulmeld (pauldrons of health) + Skill Focus (Heal) + Shape Soulmeld (hunter's circlet) (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19871054/Your_Own_First-Level_Jesus...)

Hague
2010-09-30, 01:02 AM
Clerics don't need divine favor. Being a cleric of a particular principle or philosophy is just as effective. The key element is in believing in that principle.

cdrcjsn
2010-09-30, 01:24 AM

Heh. I thought you said you were trying to make Dr. Who, in which case then I think Artificer is indeed your best bet. ;)

But seriously, an Artificer should be fine.

You just need to make more efficient healing items than potions. Wands of Lesser Vigor and Belts of Healing are sufficient for out of combat healing. For in combat healing, you might look into more defensive buffs as opposed to active healing (i.e. prevent damage from occurring in the first place rather than actual healing).

Gavinfoxx
2010-09-30, 01:27 AM
Artificer made wands of lesser vigor are neither divine nor arcane! =D

Also, Bard.

HunterOfJello
2010-09-30, 01:27 AM
Arcane Disciple feat + any arcane spellcaster

Draz74
2010-09-30, 02:14 AM
Psion or Ardent.

Andion Isurand
2010-09-30, 02:14 AM
As an arcanist, summon a celestial or similar creature with healing capability.

Salbazier
2010-09-30, 10:23 PM
Thanks for the advice,:smallsmile: Hmm, I'll play either archivist or artificer maybe.

I like that .. prophet one :smallbiggrin: (even if I'm not christian, calling it by that name seems improper). Maybe I'll use it for another game.

Gabe the Bard
2010-09-30, 10:36 PM
Undying Vigor of the Dragon Lords is found in Dragon Magic, along with Arcane Spellsurge and other neat spells. It's a Sorcerer-only spell, though, so wizards can't take it.

Arcane Disciple is nice, but it certainly has a divine feel, and you would need t have the same alignment as the deity that's giving you the healing domain. Still, if you're a high-enough level, Contingency+Heal would be a nice combo. :smallsmile:

Dubious Pie
2010-09-30, 10:51 PM
Kobold Sorcerers/Warmages/Dread Necromancers/Beguilers can heal with enough cheese.

Eldariel
2010-10-01, 10:30 AM
Any Arcane Caster can heal just fine if they use e.g. Wyrm Wizard, Battlefield Medic or company to add Heal to their spell list. Before then you should be using Wands more or less anyways, which you can just UMD.

golem1972
2010-10-01, 02:16 PM
Tomb Tainted Soul feat or Undead type + Dread Necromancer or Black Sand or any other negative energy damage source.

Urpriest
2010-10-01, 02:31 PM
For a doctor-type character Egoist Psion is an excellent choice, going into Sangehirn, the healing-psion-PrC. Ardents could also work, but I always felt the Ardent was the "divine" psionicist (well, besides the forgettable Divine Mind).

Snake-Aes
2010-10-01, 02:55 PM
How will you work with third party material, homebrews and the like? Pathfinder added actual HP healing to the heal skill (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/skills/heal). Takes an hour and heals "level" hitpoints, plus your wisdom mod if you beat the check by 5+. Usable on the same creature once every 24 hours.

Ramza1987
2010-10-01, 03:48 PM
Tell me if i am not mistaken, but healing spells, are conjuration, canīt you duplicate healing spells with shadow conjuration?
If that is doable, can you turn a Gnome specialized ni illusions, go into shadowcraft mage, and Be a healing machine?

Eldariel
2010-10-01, 05:47 PM
Tell me if i am not mistaken, but healing spells, are conjuration, canīt you duplicate healing spells with shadow conjuration?
If that is doable, can you turn a Gnome specialized ni illusions, go into shadowcraft mage, and Be a healing machine?

You might want to read the Shadow Conjuration description :smallwink: