PDA

View Full Version : [3.PF] Sorceress Running ToH

MachineWraith
2010-09-29, 10:04 PM
I'm gonna be running a Tomb of Horrors one-shot for Halloween, and one of my players wants to play a sorceress. This is a big change for her, as she's typically gone for dexterous fighters or archers in the past.

She says she wants to play a lightning/storm based evoker. I could just go build it myself, but I figure she'd probably benefit a lot from the advice of the Playground.

Any suggestions? Spells, ACFs, anything.

arguskos
2010-09-29, 10:11 PM
While I'm sure others can and will expound on good storm-themed sorcerer builds, I have another concern.

Have you mentioned to the player that an evoker-type blasting character might not be really fun to play in the Tome of Horrors? It's not really a great time for a blaster. Just a thought.

Benly
2010-09-29, 10:16 PM
While I'm sure others can and will expound on good storm-themed sorcerer builds, I have another concern.

Have you mentioned to the player that an evoker-type blasting character might not be really fun to play in the Tome of Horrors? It's not really a great time for a blaster. Just a thought.

You say that like there's anyone the Tomb of Horrors is fun to play as. :smallsmile:

I recall there are a few traps in the ToH which are specifically countered by particular semi-blasty spells for no good reason. You may want to subtly nudge her towards those.

arguskos
2010-09-29, 10:17 PM
You say that like there's anyone the Tomb of Horrors is fun to play as. :smallsmile:

I recall there are a few traps in the ToH which are specifically countered by particular semi-blasty spells for no good reason. You may want to subtly nudge her towards those.
Well, I like playing the ToH as a few kinds of characters, but I'm weird. :smalltongue:

Benly
2010-09-29, 10:22 PM
Well, I like playing the ToH as a few kinds of characters, but I'm weird. :smalltongue:

I kind of want to take my spellthief/trapsmith through the Tomb of Horrors sometime. If any of my characters can enjoy it, it's that guy.

MachineWraith
2010-09-29, 10:39 PM
I told her that a blaster won't be the optimum choice for the Tomb, yes, but she's pretty set on electrocuting enemies. She won't be taking electric blasty spells exclusively, but she will be taking them.

Any ideas?

Kylarra
2010-09-29, 10:46 PM
I highly recommend the summon elemental reserve feat. For use in throwing at things obviously.

MachineWraith
2010-09-29, 11:26 PM
Which book can I find reserve feats in?

Shadowbane
2010-09-29, 11:30 PM

Paladins are fun, if specced for high saves.

Andry
2010-09-30, 01:47 AM
Reserve feats are in Complete Mage and a few are in Complete Champion

true_shinken
2010-09-30, 08:30 AM
Lightning Leap + Sculpt Spell is hilarious. I'd advice her to take it.