PDA

View Full Version : Confession time!

Haruki-kun
2010-09-29, 11:00 PM
Did you feel bad for the Trix Rabbit when the kids wouldn't let him have cereal?

I felt AWFUL! I kept thinking "That poor Rabbit! Did the kids never learn anything about sharing on Sesame Street? If he ever shows up at my home, I'll make sure to give him some cereal, I promise!"

Come on, I'm sure I'm not the only one who felt sorry for a fictional character.

Gullara
2010-09-29, 11:05 PM
Yes, yes I did. If Trix is so good it would be a horrible thing to keep it from someone. It's just species discrimination. :smalltongue:

Anyway I really did. Every commercial I was rooting for him.

Blue Ghost
2010-09-29, 11:17 PM
Me too. Those kids are just cruel. Of course, they are little children, what can you expect? :smalltongue:

Admiral Squish
2010-09-29, 11:28 PM
Same kids probably trying to steal lucky's charms! They're up to no good, dangit!

EndlessWrath
2010-09-29, 11:33 PM
Same kids probably trying to steal lucky's charms! They're up to no good, dangit!

Thats a bit different though. The rabbit didn't want all the Trix forever. He just wanted a bowl of it every now and then. The Leprechaun was keeping the lucky charms away from the kids. Always stealing it and keeping it hidden.
-Wrath

arguskos
2010-09-29, 11:36 PM
Thats a bit different though. The rabbit didn't want all the Trix forever. He just wanted a bowl of it every now and then. The Leprechaun was keeping the lucky charms away from the kids. Always stealing it and keeping it hidden.
-Wrath
You know why he was hiding it? Those damn kids were gonna deprive him of his Lucky Charms!! THOSE EVIL SCHEMING BASTARD KIDS!! *shakes fist* :smallfurious:

EndlessWrath
2010-09-29, 11:39 PM
You know why he was hiding it? Those damn kids were gonna deprive him of his Lucky Charms!! THOSE EVIL SCHEMING BASTARD KIDS!! *shakes fist* :smallfurious:

This made me laugh so hard :smallbiggrin:

Its true I suppose.. at least he doesn't make kids scavenger hunt like Toucan Sam. "Follow your nose!" or worse.. At least he's not a recovering addict like the Coco Puff bird.

Temotei
2010-09-29, 11:40 PM

Agreed.

I once had a dream where the Trix rabbit and Lucky worked together to get their cereal. The rabbit took a box of Lucky Charms, while Lucky took a box of Trix. The kids went after their respective opponents, but when they reached the rabbit and leprechaun (who had the wrong cereals), they were so disappointed that it left them open to a meteor strike from the heavens. All of them got hit, flying anime style over a cliff side. One grabbed the side. The Trix rabbit, seeing this, threw a golden pot Lucky Charm at the kid, which turned into a real pot o' gold, smashing the kid's fingers. He fell.

Then, the rabbit and Lucky switched cereals again, and ate merrily.

arguskos
2010-09-29, 11:45 PM

Its true I suppose.. at least he doesn't make kids scavenger hunt like Toucan Sam. "Follow your nose!" or worse.. At least he's not a recovering addict like the Coco Puff bird.
You see, those kids hid Sam's food supply, forcing him to play their twisted game or starve and die. They steal Lucky's cereal at every chance they get, but Lucky is the only mascot smart enough and fast enough to mostly keep his food. The Rabbit just gets hosed all the time. And the Cocoa Puff Bird... well, those evil kids gave him his cereal back. Why? Because they laced it with PCP. :smalleek: It explains his hallucinations, and why they freely give him the cereal! They're pushers! They're ruining his life! He needs HELP! We have to put a stop to the tyranny of the Cereal Kids!

Temotei
2010-09-29, 11:47 PM
We have to put a stop to the tyranny of the Cereal Kids!

Yes, we must! Neutral evil bastardos.

Haruki-kun
2010-09-29, 11:48 PM
Agreed.

I once had a dream where the Trix rabbit and Lucky worked together to get their cereal. The rabbit took a box of Lucky Charms, while Lucky took a box of Trix. The kids went after their respective opponents, but when they reached the rabbit and leprechaun (who had the wrong cereals), they were so disappointed that it left them open to a meteor strike from the heavens. All of them got hit, flying anime style over a cliff side. One grabbed the side. The Trix rabbit, seeing this, threw a golden pot Lucky Charm at the kid, which turned into a real pot o' gold, smashing the kid's fingers. He fell.

Then, the rabbit and Lucky switched cereals again, and ate merrily.

This needs to have a movie adaptation. Fund it. Now.

Raistlin1040
2010-09-30, 12:38 AM
Jeez, even when they made Trix Yogurt, he still never got to have any. Poor guy can't catch a break.

X2
2010-09-30, 12:46 AM
I can't decide what's worse. Sonny trying to avoid his cereal but having kids (and his own relatives) push it down his gob

...or the Trix rabbit in the exact reverse of the situation. Like I always say, kids are cruel little bastards.

Skeppio
2010-09-30, 02:12 AM
Those....those poor mascots! *sobs hysterically over fictional characters from advertisements*

Kids can be real jerks sometimes.

rakkoon
2010-09-30, 02:26 AM
I should really look that bloody rabbit up on youtube. It keeps being mentioned in films, series and on the internet.
*goes to youtube*

Lady Moreta
2010-09-30, 02:36 AM
I have never seen any of the commercials you're talking about - nor heard of the cereal it's advertising :smalltongue:

But you know what fictional character I always felt sorry for? Wile E. Coyote.

I have spent my entire life wishing, that once, just once he'd get Road Runner :smallbiggrin:

Lord_Gareth
2010-09-30, 02:37 AM
Does feeling sorry for your own character count? 'Cause Endeca is about as woobie as I've ever made. She doesn't need a hug. She needs a good hard slap. But she's just too damn sad when you do it, and then you hug her, and then she needs the slap again.

Haruki-kun
2010-09-30, 02:41 AM
Does feeling sorry for your own character count? 'Cause Endeca is about as woobie as I've ever made. She doesn't need a hug. She needs a good hard slap. But she's just too damn sad when you do it, and then you hug her, and then she needs the slap again.

Well, your own character is written by you, so it's more understandable that you'd feel sorry for them. Here we're talking about a cereal advertisement. :smalltongue:

I have never seen any of the commercials you're talking about - nor heard of the cereal it's advertising :smalltongue:

But you know what fictional character I always felt sorry for? Wile E. Coyote.

I have spent my entire life wishing, that once, just once he'd get Road Runner :smallbiggrin:

I should really look that bloody rabbit up on youtube. It keeps being mentioned in films, series and on the internet.
*goes to youtube*

o.O Really? You didn't get them at all?

Jacklu
2010-09-30, 02:43 AM
http://cheezcomixed.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/7aa514bb-7b4b-483a-a060-3883a9a8f5e1.jpg

I always envisioned the Rabbit as some poor guy who was starving to death and all he needed was some food... v.v I think there is a commercial in which he actually BUYS HIS OWN CEREAL and the KIDS TAKE IT FROM HIM! :smallfurious::smallfurious::smallfurious:

Who raised these kids anyway???

Rabbit: "I'm down on my luck and so hungry, can I have just one bite?"

Kids: "Nooooo!!! You're not allowed! HAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!"

Rabbit: "So... hungry..." :smallfrown: *goes off to die of starvation in a gutter somewhere*

Lady Moreta
2010-09-30, 02:45 AM

She really is :smallbiggrin: but she's so adorable!

Spoon? :smallbiggrin:

o.O Really? You didn't get them at all?

Well, coco puffs I've heard off, but over here it's advertised by a remarkably annoying monkey whom I'd like to see drown in his just-like-a-chocolate-milkshake-only-crunchy :smallfurious:

Haven't heard of Trix or the others though.

rakkoon
2010-09-30, 02:49 AM
Even the writers of Wile E Coyote wanted him to win, they often said so in interviews.
And no, never seen Trix sold or advertised in Western Europe as far as I know :smallsmile: but the references, THE REFERENCES

Coidzor
2010-09-30, 02:50 AM
Starvation is more than Xenos Scum deserve.http://images.memegenerator.net/File/1349.jpg?fileCharacterName=Angry%20Marine&imageSize=Medium

THAT RABBIT MAKES ME SO ANGRY!

Worira
2010-09-30, 02:53 AM
If the Trix rabbit ever ate Trix, he'd get badly sick from all the sugar. The kids are just trying to protect him.

arguskos
2010-09-30, 09:41 AM
Starvation is more than Xenos Scum deserve.http://images.memegenerator.net/File/1349.jpg?fileCharacterName=Angry%20Marine&imageSize=Medium

THAT RABBIT MAKES ME SO ANGRY!
Oh Angry Marines, you so lulzy. My god, I love this thread. Continue, gents (and ladies, I guess)!

smellie_hippie
2010-09-30, 10:27 AM
What about the parents? C'mon... see if you can follow this line of dialogue.

It's almost 2:30, and the kids will be home from school soon. They may be thirsty. I don't want them loaded up on caffiene so I'll just hide this bottle of Coca Cola...

Hi mom! I brought some friends home and we were gonna play outside like frivilous young scamps! Can we have soemthing to drink?

Yes kids, come on into the kitchen!

*nervous pacing back and forth*

Nothing nothing nothing.

*mom lights up a cigarette and glances from child to child*

I know! Hey Koo....mrph...!?

*mom frantically covers the childs mouth, and looks nervously out the window over the sink*

Shhhhhhhh! Keep it down! Don't you know your father just went to sleep!? He spent all night fixing that hole in the wall...

EleventhHour
2010-09-30, 11:25 AM

He did!

Okay, the only time he ever caught the road runner was after he was shrunk and could only grab the bird's toe. And held up a sign "Now what?"

Pyrian
2010-09-30, 11:32 AM
Well, there's always the internet. Rule 34. No exceptions. :smallcool:

arguskos
2010-09-30, 12:00 PM
...there is not enough anger in the world for this moment, Pyrian. I just want you to know that.

Mordaenor
2010-09-30, 12:11 PM
Actually, the one who I recall being angry at was Sugar Bear. If memory, he serves he was the bully who went around and beat up & stole other characters cereal, instead of sharing or getting his own.

Haruki-kun
2010-09-30, 12:45 PM

That's... a disturbing thought.

Actually, the one who I recall being angry at was Sugar Bear. If memory, he serves he was the bully who went around and beat up & stole other characters cereal, instead of sharing or getting his own.

See, the thing is, Lucky and the Trix Rabbit were the only ones who got this kind of treatment! All other cereal mascots just sorta shared their cereal with the kids.

I know! It's because he was a rabbit! I mean, you can't bully a Tiger or an Elephant, but a rabbit's a poor, defense-less creature. That poor thing. :smallfrown:

The Rose Dragon
2010-09-30, 04:25 PM
If the Trix rabbit ever ate Trix, he'd get badly sick from all the sugar. The kids are just trying to protect him.

Silly rabbit! (http://www.smbc-comics.com/index.php?db=comics&id=153)

averagejoe
2010-09-30, 04:37 PM
I always did feel sorry for that rabbit.

This one (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plmFkZHjt6Y) was just brilliant, though.

Pyrian
2010-09-30, 06:30 PM
This one (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plmFkZHjt6Y) was just brilliant, though.OMG, awesome! :smallbiggrin:

Coidzor
2010-09-30, 07:54 PM

Wait... between the coyote and the roadrunner...

or between the rabbit and trix cereal? :smalleek:

Pyrian
2010-09-30, 09:28 PM
What part of "no exceptions" did you not understand? :smallbiggrin:

The Rose Dragon
2010-09-30, 09:32 PM
Wait... between the coyote and the roadrunner...

or between the rabbit and trix cereal? :smalleek:

There is no pairing / match / hook up so unlikely, sacred or taboo that the internet lacks lewd material on it.

That is to say: all of them. At the same time.

Gullara
2010-09-30, 11:27 PM
I always did feel sorry for that rabbit.

This one (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plmFkZHjt6Y) was just brilliant, though.

That poor rabbit, can't catch a break.

Temotei
2010-09-30, 11:40 PM

I've seen a video where he did. That was...interesting.

druid91
2010-10-02, 06:38 PM
What about captain crunch? where does he fit in in this situation?

Haruki-kun
2010-10-02, 08:47 PM
What about captain crunch? where does he fit in in this situation?

He doesn't eat cereal. He's too old and needs to watch his sugar intake. Instead, he gives the cereal to the kids to make sure when they're older they have blood sugar problems as well.

Crunchatize me, Cap'n!

Marnath
2010-10-02, 09:05 PM

Wait, since when is the Coco-Puffs bird a recovering addict? I didn't know he'd gotten clean. o.o

Trog
2010-10-03, 09:22 AM
I always thought the Coco-Puffs bird and the rabbit should switch kids. That way the rabbit would be force fed his cereal and the bird would never get any.

In other what-if-it-was-real cereal news:

The Kool-Aid man has been arrested for breaking and entering and, it has been discovered, that he was being paid off by a contractor who was getting all kinds of work cleaning up after his appearances. There have been conerns raised that no cell could conceivably hold him though and it is expected he will, instead, be fined heavily and ordered to pay back damages.

Leprechauns still don't exist. Give it up kids.

A recent killer bee attack has been blamed on the presence of a box of Honey Nut Cheerios found at the scene.

One of the Rice Krispie mascots has recently come out of the closet. We think it was obvious which one it was. Oh snap!

The Coco-Puffs drug epidemic widens and another Coco lab has been raided by local police. Details at eleven.

Scientists have recently discovered a species of rabbit that survives solely on a diet of sugar and food coloring. They have been dubbed the Easter Bunnies and, for some reason, kids enjoy torturing them through starvation. Mainly because many children also survive on sugar and food coloring, studies revealed. The Rabbits are endangered as they seem to be unable to compete for food resources. Said one scientist who did not wished to be identified:"We are witnessing a sad, evolutionary dead end here, people."

Marnath
2010-10-03, 01:34 PM
That's awesome Trog. :smalltongue:

Anuan
2010-10-04, 11:59 AM
One of the Rice Krispie mascots has recently come out of the closet. We think it was obvious which one it was. Oh snap!

I just about wet myself.

Tirian
2010-10-04, 12:15 PM
See, the thing is, Lucky and the Trix Rabbit were the only ones who got this kind of treatment! All other cereal mascots just sorta shared their cereal with the kids.

Hmmmmm. I seem to recall that the whole schtick of Count Chocula and Frankenberry is that they would try to scare children (and each other) so they could get their cereal. And then, when Boo-Berry was released, he would always one-up the others in the scare wars, so that Count Chocula and Frankenberry lost their food supply until they stopped the ads.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-10-05, 11:25 PM
Hmmmmm. I seem to recall that the whole schtick of Count Chocula and Frankenberry is that they would try to scare children (and each other) so they could get their cereal. And then, when Boo-Berry was released, he would always one-up the others in the scare wars, so that Count Chocula and Frankenberry lost their food supply until they stopped the ads.

Don't forget Cookie Crisp. The current mascot never gets it. Of the older pair, the cop would always catch the thief before he got it.

Anyways, I love the Family Guy take on the Trix rabbit. That was just hilarious.

Marnath
2010-10-06, 07:38 PM
Don't forget Cookie Crisp. The current mascot never gets it. Of the older pair, the cop would always catch the thief before he got it.

Anyways, I love the Family Guy take on the Trix rabbit. That was just hilarious.

They replaced the cookie crisp mascots? With whom? I guess I didn't catch the family guy on, I'l have to youtube it.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-10-06, 08:18 PM
It's some blue-nosed wolf now.

And for the Family Guy thing, it'll probably be called "Asian Trix".

Mr. Moon
2010-10-06, 09:38 PM
The Coco-Puffs drug epidemic widens and another Coco lab has been raided by local police. Details at eleven.

I must turn this into a comic.