PDA

View Full Version : Fishing for Ideas

Boren
2010-09-30, 12:13 AM
I'm trying to brew up a weapon for one of my characters. Please note that descriptions provided are to assist with flavor and not for anyone to comment of the power level of the game.
Alright building something for my half-dragon blessed of Tiamat Kobald who is more or less a demigod of chaos (long story don't ask).
Resources is pretty much a non issue at this point as he is attempting to craft his own personal minor artifact. Class wise he's a fighter/ rouge/ (modified) shadow dancer.
I'd like something that shape-shifts to reflect his chaos, and damage that reflects his lady is high on the list. Other than that full license is given to go nuts. Any combo of abilities that come out to around the +20 range is fair game. sooo.......to quote a line....
'And here we GO!'

Infernum
2010-09-30, 12:26 AM
Hmmm....a minor deity of chaos you say....

Well heres my two cents on the matter, although this is just an idea of what you could do, i was never one for mechanics when it came to gods.

Make the weapon an +4 Anarchic, with an ability to shift between one of five weapons(battle axe, spear, spiked chain, morning star, greatsword for example) each of those five has an energy surge property aligned with each of the five chromatic dragons breath weapons. After that slap on some spell like abilities such as a permanent circle of protection against law and prismatic spray a few times a day. From there fluff it up and add minor powers all you like as he is a god and this is an artifact.

Not sure what the mechanics boil down to but that should be a pretty good start if you choose to go with this idea. If you wanted to really play on the draconic aspect you could have the weapons be made from dragon bones or have the type of material shift with each weapon as well.