PDA

View Full Version : Are there any good gaming magazines in publication?

Ozreth
2010-09-30, 12:52 AM
Anything along the lines of dungeon/dragon/scyre/ingquest etc?

Yora
2010-09-30, 12:55 AM
I've heard paizos Kobold Quarterly is quite good. Havn't seen what's inside yet, though.

Ozreth
2010-09-30, 01:11 AM
I've heard paizos Kobold Quarterly is quite good. Havn't seen what's inside yet, though.

Hm, I wonder if its all pathfinder stuff. Ill check it out, thanks!

edit: Well, I checked out the website. According to Ed Greenwood Kobold Quarterly is "What a Role-Playing magazine should be." Unfortunately there is no "about" page so I'm not sure about the info they put in this thing, although it looks like it might not be totally Pathfinder.

Anybody else read this thing?

hereyago
2010-09-30, 01:45 AM
{Scrubbed}

gdiddy
2010-09-30, 08:10 AM
*picks up issue 13 of Kobold Quarterly from his desk*

Hmm...The Switzerland of the Edition Wars

4: Editorial about about Dungeons and Dragons players who only play D&D.

10: An article about shoggoths. (With [PF] Stats!)

16: 4th Edition Lovecraftian Rules

22: Pathfinder rules for a Gunpower base class, called the Aruebusier.

31: Monte Cook on Game theory.

40: How to be tasteful in RPing romance at the table.

These are what I've read so far. There are lot's of little PF/4th Edition new rules articles, three adventure modules, and several more theory/concept articles. Content is 35%/35%/30% 4th edition/PF/General. However, I've never been so mystified with PF that I couldn't port anything over into a game.

Ozreth
2010-09-30, 11:07 AM
*picks up issue 13 of Kobold Quarterly from his desk*

Hmm...The Switzerland of the Edition Wars

4: Editorial about about Dungeons and Dragons players who only play D&D.

10: An article about shoggoths. (With [PF] Stats!)

16: 4th Edition Lovecraftian Rules

22: Pathfinder rules for a Gunpower base class, called the Aruebusier.

31: Monte Cook on Game theory.

40: How to be tasteful in RPing romance at the table.

These are what I've read so far. There are lot's of little PF/4th Edition new rules articles, three adventure modules, and several more theory/concept articles. Content is 35%/35%/30% 4th edition/PF/General. However, I've never been so mystified with PF that I couldn't port anything over into a game.

Awesome, sounds like a cool little magazine. Odd that they would put a lot of 4e stuff in as I always imagine pathfinder was paizos response to 4e. Maybe not though.

I think my FLGS carries it, I'll have to go check it out.

Kurald Galain
2010-09-30, 12:09 PM
Anything along the lines of dungeon/dragon/scyre/ingquest etc?
Well, Dungeon and Dragon are still in publication, even if they're not physical magazines.

I find that Dragon has gone downhill lately, though. I've never been interested in Dungeon magazine. $.2

Zherog
2010-09-30, 12:23 PM
Just to clarify, Kobold Quarterly is not put out by Paizo. It's put out by Wolfgang Baur's company - Open Design.

The Rose Dragon
2010-09-30, 12:30 PM
There was once the Pyramid Magazine, though I'm not sure if it's still published.

Tharck
2010-09-30, 12:40 PM
Knights of The Dinner Table.