PDA

View Full Version : Blood And Iron Homebrew (PEACH, please)

Rennard
2010-09-30, 01:50 AM
Greetings to one and all.

I am finally sitting down and putting together my homebrewed d20/OGL campaign setting. I have been working on this concept for some time, but it is only in the last few years that I acually began to write it all down. Originally, it was supposed to be an Iron Age D&D setting, but at some point, it became much more - it became an entirely new OGL game, covered in so many rewrites and fixes that it no longer resembled the original in any way.

I have these boards to than for that.

I research things in my spare time (the curse of being both a historian and a geek), and as I read these boards, the infinite possibilities of the D20 system opened up to me, and I began to apply them in the hopes of creating a single, all-singing, all dancing, iron age world.

Thank you. Even if you hate what I've come up with, the ride has been worth it. :)

OK, first things first - I'm going to try and cite all the individual sources for this work, but if I have missed someone, let me know. I don't want to take credit for someone else's creativity, I just want to apply it creatively.

Secondly, my mission: I was hoping to create a world that would appeal to the average player as a real alternative to generic play. One of the nice things about the d20 engine is its ability to encompass any concept, and yet most people play in a rather generic setting, unaware of the POWER the mechanics have. The game should feel different, and should have a flavor that moves through the setting and the mechanics, each one reinforcing each other to create a mood.

Blood And Iron

Setting Overview - More to Come
The primary continent is known as Galadran, and the basic land mass is essentially Australia with a land bridge into Antarctica. In the center of the continent is the Sea of Grass, similar to the great plains of America. The southern land bridge is known as Skeggi, and is a combination of tundra and sheets of ice, depending on how close to the pole you get. Moving counterclockwise from the northern border Skeggi and going around the continent, you have the Sword Lands (directly adjacent), a region similar to Dark Ages Germainia, then The Free Cities (similar to the Greek city-states of the Hellenistic period), then the tropical jungles of Ket, which no human has tamed in a thousand years (think ancient snake-worshippers and Aztec ruins), and finally in the southwest region are the last remnants of the Valusarian Empire (similar to ancient Rome). Encapsulating the Sea of Grass are the Borderlands, a region of petty princelings and ever-shifting power struggles constantly under threat from pictish raids (think pre-unification Italy combined with the American westward expansion, except it heads toward the center of the continent from all sides inward, instead of one direction.

Races
Each of these races should be balaced around an LA of +1.

Laconians
Created by the gods out of hydra's teeth to aid the great hero Laconis. Inspired by Achilles and the Myrmidons (from the movie Troy, not the actual Illiad).

• +2 Constitution, –2 Wisdom: Laconians are hardy and difficult to kill, but they are also rash and headstrong by nature.

• Medium size.

• Laconian base land speed is 30 feet.

• Low-Light Vision: A Laconians can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. She retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.

• Laconians receive a +6 to their Jump skill checks when unarmored and carrying a light load or less.

• Leap Attack: Laconians have the ability to make a leap attack on a non-adjacent foe that is within 30 ft. This attack is a standard action, but using it ends the player's turn for that round. The player must make a Jump check of DC 15 to use this ability. The Laconian must be able to see the target, and the leap attack action causes the Laconian to make a single leap that puts him adjacent to the target. This attack leaves the target flat-footed and does not grant an attack of opportunity to the target. If the Laconian is wearing medium or heavier armor or bearing a Medium load or heavier, she cannot Leap Attack. After the leap attack, the Laconian is flat-footed until her next initiative segment.

• Pack Tactics: When fighting within 30’ of another laconian, a laconian gains a +2 Morale bonus on all her attack rolls and +4 Morale bonus on saving throws against fear and fear effects.

• Laconians take only a –1 penalty to Strength and Dexterity when fatigued (instead of the usual –2 penalty) and only take a –4 penalty to Strength and Dexterity when exhausted (instead of the usual –6 penalty). In addition, the rest time needed to recover from either state is cut in half.

• +4 racial bonus on saving throws against fear effects. Laconians are innately resistant to the emotion of fear.

The Ironblooded
Inspired by Gregor Cleglane, the Mountain that Rides, from A Song of Ice and Fire by George R. R. Martin - and by the Assyrian Goliath.

• +4 Str, -2 Dex, +2 Cha

• Medium Size

• Ironblood base movement is 30’. They may move at this speed even when wearing medium or heavy armor or when carrying a medium or heavy load.

• Ironbloods gain a +2 Racial bonus on Sense Motives checks.

• Powerful Build: An ironblood is treated as one-size larger with regards to Bull Rush, Trip, Grapple, etc., and may use weapons designed for creatures on size larger.

• Mighty Thews: treats standing long jumps and high jumps as if there was a running start and may make an accelerated climb without penalty.

Beornlings
Stong Age Vikings - it doesn't get any better than this.
Parts of this class were stolen from the d20r dwarf by Fax Celestis

• +2 Str, +2 Dex, +2Con, -2 Int, -2 Wis, -2 Cha

• Medium Size

• The Beornling base movement is 30’.

• Darkvision 60’

• Beornlings get a +4 Racial bonus on Hide checks in snow/ice

• Snowsight: A beornling’s vision is never obscured by snow.

• Superstitious: A beornling suffers a -4 to all his attack rolls when using a weapon made with any kind of metal.

• Eye of the Storm (Su): A beornling may produce a 20’ Cone from his/her left eye that does 2d6 Cold damage (Ref., DC is Constitution-based). This ability is useable every 1d4 rounds.

• Natural Talent: A beornling has a small pool of reserve energy they may tap into daily. A beornling has one charge per three class levels, minimum one. A charge may be spent to activate one of the following abilities:

Crushing Blow: A beornling can activate this ability as a standard action. As part of this ability, he makes an attack roll at his full base attack bonus. This attack deals normal damage, but automatically overcomes any damage reduction his foe may have.

Defensive Training: A beornling can activate this ability as an immediate action to gain a +2 racial bonus to his next saving throw this round.

Stolid:A beornling can activate this ability as a move action to gain damage reduction equal to his Constitution modifier for one round. This damage reduction is overcome by silver weapons.

Picts
Great Plains Comanchees mixed with Mongols - the ultimate horse barbarians.
Parts of this class were stolen from the d20r minotaur by fax Celestis.

• +2 Dex, -2 Int. Picts are quick and agile, but are superstitious and slow to learn new things.

• Medium Size

• 30’ Movement

• +8 Racial bonus on Move Silently and Hide checks. This ability is lost if the pict is wearing Medium armor or heavier or is carrying a Medium load or heavier. The pict retains the Move Silently bonus even on horseback, provide that the animal is moving no more than 30’ in a round.

• +4 racial bonus to Handle animal checks when used on horses.

• Superstitious: A pict suffers a -4 to all his attack rolls when using a weapon made with any kind of metal.

• Trackless: any Survival check used to track a pict has its DC increased by 10.

• Peerless Ambush: A pict may move at full speed and run without taking a penalty on Hide checks.

• Natural Talent: A pict has a small pool of reserve energy they may tap into daily. A pict has one charge per three class levels, minimum one. A charge may be spent to activate one of the following abilities:

Born Tracker: A pict may activate this ability as an immediate action to attempt recover a trail he has lost in the last round.

Powerful Charge: A pict may activate this ability as an immediate action when charging. He takes an additional -2 penalty to his AC this round, but if his attack lands he deals an additional 1d8 plus Strength modifier damage.

War Cry: A pict may activate this ability as a standard action. All allies within 30' receive a +1 morale bonus to attack rolls for a number of rounds equal to the pict's Wisdom modifier. This bonus increases by 1 every four levels (to +2 at 4th, +3 at 8th, +4 at 12th, +5 at 16th, and +6 at 20th). This is a sonic morale effect.

Elf
This elf is based more on the Norse myths than on Tolkien, and I've tried to let that show through in the write-up. Parts of this class were stolen from the d20r halfling by Fax Celestis.

-2 Wisdom, +2 Charisma

Medium size.

An elf's base land speed is 30 feet.

Fey Resistance: An elf has DR 1/Cold Iron or Steel. This DR improves by one for every four Hit Dice the elf has (to DR 2/Cold Iron or Steel at 4th level, DR 3/Cold Iron or Steel at 8th level, DR 4/Cold Iron or Steel at 12th level, DR 5/Cold Iron or Steel at 16th level, and DR 6/Cold Iron or Steel at 20th level).

The Riddle of Steel: Elves lose one point of Constitution every round they wield weapons or wear armor of iron or steel, or are otherwise in contact with a comparable amount of iron or steel. The Constitution loss is temporary ability damage and is restored at a rate of 1 per day. The elf suffers no Constitution loss from being damaged by iron or steel weapons.

Fearless: The horrors of Arcadia have left the elves remarkably stoic in the face of fear. They receive a +2 morale bonus versus fear effects.

Keen Senses: Elves receive a +2 racial bonus on Awareness checks.

Everwaking: Elves do not sleep: rather, they enter a trance to rest.

Sharpshooter: Partially due to their keen senses, elves receive a +1 racial bonus on all attack rolls made with ranged weapons.

Scent: An elf has a strong sense of smell. Elves have the Scent ability out to 30'.

Darkvision usable out to 120'.

Woodland Stride: an elf may move through any sort of undergrowth (such as natural thorns, briars, overgrown areas, and similar terrain) at her normal speed and without taking damage or suffering any other impairment. However, thorns, briars, and overgrown areas that have been magically manipulated to impede motion still affect her. An elf who gains this ability from a class feature instead gains a +2 bonus on any check or save required against such magically manipulated areas.

Natural Talent: An elf has a small pool of reserve energy from their natural luck they may tap into daily. An elf has one charge per three class levels, minimum one. A charge may be spent to activate one of the following abilities as an immediate action:

Burst of Speed: +10' insight bonus to land speed for a number of rounds equal to his Dexterity modifier.

Lucky Dodge: an elf can spend a charge to activate this ability to force an opponent that has just attacked them in melee to reroll their attack roll and use the new result. This reroll must be used after the die result is seen but before the total result of the effect has occured.

Lucky Streak: +1 luck bonus to saving throws for a number of rounds equal to your Charisma. This bonus increases by +1 for each five levels they possess (to +2 at 5th, +3 at 10th, +4 at 15th, and +5 at 20th).

Icatians
Last remnents of the Valusarian bloodline, these men were the builders and shapers of the old age. Parts of this class were stolen from the d20r human and the d20r kobold by Fax Celestis.

•Medium size

•An icatian's base land speed is 30 feet.

•Improvisation: A icatian has a small pool of improvisational ability they may tap into daily. A icatian has one charge per three class levels, minimum one. A charge may be spent to gain a circumstance bonus on the Icatian's next skill check equal to half their Hit Dice (round down, minimum +1).

•Quick Learner: Icatians receive a bonus feat at first level. They must meet all the prerequisites as normal for this feat.

•Trap Sense: Icatians haven an intuitive sense that alerts them to danger from traps, giving them a +1 bonus on Reflex saves made to avoid traps and a +1 dodge bonus to AC against attacks made by traps. These bonuses increase by +1 each five levels (to +2 at 5th level, +3 at 10th level, +4 at 15th level, and +5 at 20th level).

•Tinker: Icatians enjoy tinkering with mechanics, traps or otherwise. As such, they receive a +2 racial bonus on Craft (Trapsmithing) and one other Craft skill chosen at character creation.

Classes
The purpose of the classes was to use the ones I thought were the most evocative fluffwise, or the most mechanically interesting.

Fighter: From Realms of Chaos (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140278)

Barbarian: From unosarta (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=168774)

Warrior: A variant on Fax Celestis’ ToB Fighter fix. I envision a number of fighting schools, each one offering a different combination of disciplines that the warrior chooses at character creation.

Magus and Adept: From Kellus (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90961). The Truenamer is the Magus, and the Lexeme is an Adept.

Karda: The Limit Dragoon (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=168962), from M-Bark.

The Sanguinor: A slightly renamed version of Schylerwalker’sSanguimancer (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167125).

Centurion: The knight (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=163667) from ajadea

Hexblade: Lord Gareth’s version (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=166653)

Monk: I’m sorry, I don’t have a link to this one. It is the ToB-inspired Bene Gesserit (complete with Weirding Way discipline). I unfortunately kept the data, but neglected to save the link. If someone could help out here, I would much appreciate.

Druid: the d20r druid (http://wiki.faxcelestis.net/index.php?title=D20r:Druid) by Fax Celestis

Bravo: The Rogue (http://wiki.faxcelestis.net/index.php?title=Tome_of_Battle_Core_Class_Update)f rom Fax Celestis’ Rogue fix.

Exile: The Wyldwood Knight (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=169545)by Zados

Balseraph: The Viper blood soldier (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157158) by zenanarchist

The Noble and the Siren: Taken from the Conan RPG wholesale (the siren is a renamed seductress in order to make it more gender-neutral). I’m not sure if I can post them here (they are OGL, but the book says that “advancement of character levels” is not. Not sure if they’re talking about the mechanic for leveling or multi-classing, or what) they are largely social classes – the noble uses his position and rank to influence people, and can coordinate tasks, and the siren uses his…ahem….charm to get his way. They are mostly RP classes, but were too fun not to include.

Rennard
2010-09-30, 02:00 AM
New Rules

Hit points
You gain Hit points as normal until your 10th character level, after which you receive 1 hp plus your Constitution modifier. This applies to monsters after their 10th hit die as well. This was done to prevent high-level characters swimming through lava or falling ridiculous distances and living, as well as to make high level combat shorter.
Combat Defense Values
Your defense is broken up into 2 categories: Parry Defense and Dodge Defense. Your parry defense represents how well you batter your opponent’s weapons away, and is modified by your Str modifier. Your Dodge defense is your ability to move out of the way of an attack, and is modified by your Dex modifier.

The different save categories are as follows:

{table=head]Level|Good|Poor

1st|
+0|
+0

2nd|
+1|
+0

3rd|
+2|
+1

4th|
+3|
+1

5th|
+3|
+1

6th|
+4|
+2

7th|
+5|
+2

8th|
+6|
+3

9th|
+6|
+3

10th|
+7|
+3

11th|
+8|
+4

12th|
+9|
+4

13th|
+9|
+4

14th|
+10|
+5

15th|
+11|
+5

16th|
+12|
+6

17th|
+12|
+6

18th|
+13|
+6

19th|
+14|
+7

20th|
+15|
+7[/table]

Characters may only have one good defense category, never both. You cannot use your parry defense unless you are armed or have a class feature that allows you to do so (monk comes to mind), or if you are restrained. You may not use your Dodge bonus if you are flat-footed, prone, or otherwise restrained.

This mechanic was chosen to allow flexibility in combat tactics, but also to take into account the new way combat was supposed to work. With skill points taking the place of magic items (more on that below), techniques like sundering and disarming become more viable as tactics. Add to this the numerous ways that a person can be denied their Dodge bonus, and characters are going to need to rely on both saves at at least a few times in their career.

Two-Weapon Fighting
If you are wielding two weapons you may freely split your normal attacks between either of the two weapons. Attacks with either weapon suffer none of the normal penalties for two weapon fighting. This can even be done if one 'weapon' is an unarmed strike.
If the weapon you wield in your off hand is not considered a light weapon, you suffer a -4 penalty to hit with attacks made by that weapon.

Feats will be available to improve your two-weapon fighting in different ways.

Healing
Because there is no magical healing in Blood & Iron, the healing methods have been altered to allow your character to survive.

Basic Healing: A character recovers (2 + Constitution modifier + 1 per character level) hit points (minimum 1) per day of rest. If the character undergoes complete bed rest, doing nothing for an entire day, then he recovers (4 + double Constitution modifier + 2 per character level) hit points (minimum 2).

Battlefield healing: On a successful Heal skill check, a wounded character may regain 1d6 + their character level in hit points. This ability may be used during or after an encounter is complete, and only once per encounter (piling on more and more bandages doesn’t make your character any less wounded).

A Flagon of Wine: If a character hastily imbibes alcohol (presumably from his wineskin), he will regain 1d10 temporary hit points. Temporary hit points regained in this way are lost at a rate of 1 per round. Each time you imbibe alcohol in this way, you must make a poison save (Fort DC 12, fatigue/ 2d6 nonlethal).

Skills - coming soon
Feats - coming soon
Martial Disciplines - coming soon
Karma - coming soon
Recalculating Monsters for Blood and Iron - coming soon

Rennard
2010-10-01, 12:25 AM
Weapons
{table=head]Weapon|Weapon Group|Cost |Damage |Critical Hit |Critical Damage | Armor Piercing | Weight |Handedness |Range |Qualities
Axe|
axes, simple |
4gp |
1d6 |
20 |
1 |
1 |
2 |
one |
0 |
slashing, light

Axe, Throwing|
axes, simple |
8gp |
1d6 |
20 |
1 |
1 |
2 |
one |
10 |
slashing, light, throwing

Battle Axe|
axes |
10gp |
1d8 |
20 |
2 |
4 |
6 |
one |
0 |
slashing

Broadsword|
swords |
15gp |
1d8 |
19 |
1 |
3 |
3 |
one |
0 |
slashing and piercing

Club|
simple |
– |
1d6 |
20 |
1 |
1 |
3 |
one |
10 |
bludgeoning

Dagger|
simple, knives |
2gp |
1d4 |
19 |
1 |
1 |
1 |
two |
10 |
slashing and piercing, light

Dagger, punching|
knives |
2gp |
1d4 |
20 |
2 |
1 |
1 |
one |
0 |
piercing, light, unbalanced

Flail|
flails |
8gp |
1d6 |
19 |
1 |
2 |
6 |
one |
0 |
bludgeoning

Great Axe|
axes |
20gp |
1d12 |
20 |
2 |
4 |
12 |
two |
0 |
slashing, unbalanced

Great Club|
simple |
8gp |
1d10 |
20 |
1 |
4 |
8 |
two |
0 |
bludgeoning, unbalanced

Great Scimitar|
swords |
50gp |
1d8 |
18 |
1 |
3 |
8 |
two |
0 |
slashing

Great Sword|
swords |
50gp |
2d6 |
19 |
1 |
3 |
8 |
two |
0 |
slashing,

Hammer, light|
hammers |
1gp |
1d4 |
20 |
1 |
2 |
2 |
one |
20 |
slashing, light

Halberd|
polearms |
10gp |
1d10 |
20 |
2 |
5 |
12 |
two |
0 |
piercing

Hunting Spear|
spears |
5gp |
1d8 |
20 |
2 |
1 |
8 |
one |
10 |
piercing, armor bane

Javelin|
spears |
1gp |
1d6 |
18 |
1 |
1 |
1 |
one |
30 |
piercing, armor bane

Lance|
polearm |
10gp |
1d8 |
20 |
2 |
3 |
7 |
two |
0 |
piercing, mounted, reach

Longbow, Valusarian|
bows |
30gp |
1d12 |
19 |
1 |
2 |
4 |
two |
60 |
piercing, ranged

Longbow, Laconian|
bows |
20gp |
1d12 |
20 |
2 |
5 |
5 |
two |
80 |
piercing, ranged

Longspear|
simple, polearm |
5gp |
1d8 |
20 |
2 |
2 |
9 |
two |
0 |
piercing, reach

Mace|
simple |
8gp |
1d6 |
20 |
1 |
2 |
3 |
one |
0 |
bludgeoning

Machette|
swords |
25gp |
1d10 |
19 |
1 |
1 |
6 |
one or two |
0 |
slashing

Morning Star|
hammers |
8gp |
1d8 |
20 |
1 |
3 |
6 |
one |
0 |
bludgeoning and piercing

Pick, light|
hammers, simple |
4gp |
1d4 |
20 |
3 |
4 |
3 |
one |
0 |
piercing, light

Pick, heavy|
hammers, simple |
8gp |
1d6 |
20 |
3 |
4 |
5 |
two |
0 |
piercing,

Pike|
polearms |
8gp |
2d6 |
20 |
2 |
3 |
2 |
two |
0 |
piercing, unbalanced, trip

Pommel|
N/A |
N/A |
1 |
20 |
1 |
0 |
N/A |
one |
0 |
bludgeoning, light, stunning

Quarterstaff|
simple |
N/A |
1d4 |
20 |
1 |
0 |
4 |
two |
10 |
bludgeoning, stunning, double weapon

Scythe|
simple |
18gp |
2d4 |
20 |
3 |
1 |
10 |
two |
0 |
slashing, unbalanced

Shortbow, Valusarian|
bows |
30gp |
1d10 |
20 |
2 |
4 |
3 |
two |
100 |
ranged

Shortbow, Pictish|
bows |
30gp |
1d10 |
19 |
1 |
3 |
2 |
two |
100 |
ranged

Short Spear|
spears |
8gp |
1d8 |
20 |
1 |
1 |
2 |
one |
10 |
bludgeoning and piercing

Short Sword|
swords |
10gp |
1d6 |
19 |
1 |
1 |
2 |
one |
0 |
piercing and slashing, light

Spiked Chain|
flails |
25gp |
2d4 |
20 |
1 |
2 |
2 |
one |
0 |
bludgeoning and piercing, adjustable, trip

Trident|
spears |
15gp |
1d8 |
20 |
2 |
1 |
4 |
one |
10 |
piercing

Warhammer|
hammers |
12gp |
1d8 |
20 |
2 |
7 |
5 |
one |
0 |
bludgeoning, armor bane

Whip|
flails |
1gp |
1d4 |
20 |
1 |
0 |
2 |
one |
0 |
nonlethal, grappling, reach[/table]

Weapon Qualities
Adjustable: A character with this weapon may use a standard action to give this weapon the reach quality. He may spend another standard action to remove the quality.
Armor Bane: On a critical hit, this weapon automatically deals and additional 4 dice of damage directly to the armor of the target, as if a sunder attempt had been made. If the target is carrying a sheild, the sheild is automatically destroyed but the armor takes no damage.
Bracing: If you use a ready action to set a weapon with the bracing property against a charge, you deal double damage on a successful hit against a charging character.
Double Weapon: This weapon counts as having a weapon in each hand for the purposes of two-weapon fighting. Both sides are considered light weapons for this purpose only.
Grappling This weapon may be used in conjunction with a grapple attack. If the attack is successful, the target is dealt the weapon's damage every turn until he breaks the grapple.
Mounted: This weapon deals double damage when used from a charging mount. The critical hit dice are also doubled.
Nonlethal: This weapon deals only nonlethal damage, but ignores all DR.
Ranged: This weapon uses ammunition listed below.
Stunning: When this weapon successfully deals damage to an opponent, he must make a Fortitude save (DC 10+ damage dealt) or be stunned until his next initiative segment.
Trip: You can use this weapon to make trip attacks. If your trip attack fails,you can drop the halberd to avoid being counter-attacked.
Unbalanced: This weapon receives an additional -4 to hit when thrown.

Weapon Descriptions
Pommel: A pommel is the counterweight on every sword hilt. The following weapons can all be used to make pommel attacks: dagger, short sword, broad sword, scimitar, greatsword. Pommel attacks are useful when you wish to make a bludgeoning attack, or when you need to use a light weapon – for example, when grappling an enemy.

Weapons of Different Materials
In the world of Blood & Iron, the proccess of smelting steel is a brand-new innovation, no more than a few decades old. It is difficult to purchace such weapons, and most have to be specially comissioned. The vast bulk of weaponry is therefore made from softer or easier to work metals, such as bronze or iron. Some cultures still use stone weapons (usually flint or a similarly flakey rock), having perfected their construction over thousands of years.

The downside to these other materials is that they simply aren't as sturdy as steel. Stone weapons break, and bronze and iron bend.

When attacking an opponent with DR (whether from worn or natural armor), your stone weapon is particularly vulnerable. If the damage done by your weapon is reduced to zero due to DR, you weapon breaks, and is destroyed. You may still be able to use the leftover pieces to craft further stone weapons (see Craft rules in Skills section).

Any attack with an iron weapon that inflicts more than a certain amount of damage (dependent on the weapon) will cause them to bend (bonuses to damage from class features do not count towards this). A bent iron weapon is unwieldy and unbalanced, causing a –2 penalty to all attack rolls until it can be straightened. This can be done by taking a full round action to place the weapon on the floor and make a Strength check (for DC, see below) to stamp it flat again, or (for lighter weapons) by taking a move-equivalent action to make a Strength check to straighten it with your teeth (for DCs, see below).

{table=head]Weapon|Damage to Bend (Bronze) |Damage to Bend (Iron) |Flatten with Foot |Flatten with Teeth |

All Spears**|
6+ |
8+ |
5 |
10 |

All Arrows**|
3+ |
4+ |
- |
3 |

Axe|
8+ |
10+ |
5 |
- |

Axe, throwing|
6+ |
8+ |
5 |
8 |

Battle Axe|
10+ |
12+ |
10 |
- |

Broad Sword|
8+ |
10+ |
5 |
10 |

Dagger|
6+ |
8+ |
3 |
5 |

Dagger, punching|
6+ |
8+ |
3 |
5 |

Great Axe|
0* |
0* |
0* |
0* |

Great Scimitar|
10+ |
12+ |
7 |
- |

Great Sword |
12+ |
14+ |
7 |
- |

Halberd|
10+ |
12+ |
10 |
- |

Lance|
8+ |
10+ |
10 |
- |

Machette|
10+ |
12+ |
5 |
8 |

Pike|
8+ |
10+ |
10 |
- |

Scythe|
6+ |
8+ |
5 |
10 |

Short Sword|
8+ |
10+ |
5 |
10 |

Trident|
8+ |
10+ |
5 |
- | [/table]

*This Weapon is sufficiantly sturdy that with will not bend.
** This catagory covers the heads of all weapons in this catagory (the remainder of the weapon is assumed to be wood).

Rennard
2010-10-01, 12:52 AM
Armor

In Blood & Iron, the value of armor lies in its ability to save you from attacks that somehow get through your defenses. Armor grants DR, as listed in the table below.

If damage reduction from armour reduces the damage of a successful attack to less than 1, a successful hit still deals 1 point of nonlethal damage. Stone weapons still break if they strike ineffectively against metal armored characters, that is, if the armour’s DR reduces the primitive weapon’s damage to 0 before the minimum damage rule is applied.

Each time a suit of armor is struck by a weapon or natural attack that inflicts 15 points of damage or more to the character wearing the armor (after the DR is taken into account), its DR is reduced by 1d4.

Armor that has had its DR reduced may be repaired by anyone with the Craft (armorsmith) skill at a cost of 10% of the original cost of the armor per 1 DR damage. This cost is halved if the character does the repairs himself; this requires either a Craft (armorer) check (DC 10) or Craft (blacksmith) check (DC 15) and ten minutes of time for each 1 DR repaired. However, if armor is reduced to 0 DR, it is completely destroyed and may not be repaired, though it may have some value as scrap metal (see the Craft skill section).

{table=head]Armor|Armor Type|Cost |DR |Max Dex Bonus |Armor Check Penalty | Speed Adjustment | Weight

Brigadine Coat|
Medium|
150gp |
6 |
+2 |
-5 |
-5 |

Leather Jerkin|
Light|
10gp |
4 |
+6 |