PDA

View Full Version : Drow Cleric Help

Si-on
2010-09-30, 04:26 AM
Hello. This is my first post so please be gentle.
I am running a game set in Eberron. The party consists of two Drow both ecl 8. Player 1 is a warlock 3/Hexblade 3 and player 2 is Ranger 6.
They have just recruited a Drow cleric 6 to their cause. he is a worshipper of Vulkoor and i will be running him as a dmpc. I wanted to use DMM persist to buff the party.
Can anyone help me find useful spells. i have already used mass lesser vigor but am at a loss for other good spells. Thanks.

Si-on
2010-09-30, 11:05 AM
Anybody? Nobody wants to help little ol' me.

Toliudar
2010-09-30, 06:49 PM
Wait, you're the DM? What buffs do you WANT them to have?

If you're giving them persistent lesser vigor, then they're good to go for out of combat healing. Prayer is a solid level 3 buff. Invisibility purge, if they're not using invisibility but think that they might be running into people who are.

You might best offload the persistent-buff choices on the players themselves, so they feel a little more in control. Something as simple as the cleric asking for advice might be enough. If they shrug and don't have suggestions, they get the basics.

Si-on
2010-10-01, 12:58 AM
I never even thought about giving the players a choice in the matter. That's a good idea. Thanks for the suggestion.

Dracons
2010-10-01, 03:38 AM
If the ranger is a duel wielder, then a persisted Enlarge Person would be great*

*Assuming you have a strength domain, which I don't think Vulker has.

Though maybe you can make a cleric version of said spell. Up to you, your the DM.

Felhammer
2010-10-01, 03:56 AM
Close Wounds, Revivify and Aid Legion from the Miniatures Handbook are quite powerful and will definitely save your PC's from death. :smallbiggrin:

Si-on
2010-10-03, 03:26 PM
Thanks for the help people. My players loved the all day buffs and the security of in-combat healing.

Hackulator
2010-10-03, 03:30 PM
Honestly, if its a DM run character, it should do exactly what you want it to do without you needing to figure out how to make the character design perfectly, no more and no less. That way you can balance it to your encounters easily, and there is no need for the players to know exactly what is going on behind the curtain.

Si-on
2010-10-03, 03:37 PM
I see your point, its just that I have always tried to run everything by the book. I am starting to get more into the habit of winging things in my games.

Curmudgeon
2010-10-03, 06:41 PM
The advantage of running things by the book is that you won't leave your players feeling like you cheated. Keeping the NPCs to the same rules as the PCs is an excellent governor. Without that you run the risk of your DMPC taking the spotlight ─ even if that's not what you originally planned.