PDA

View Full Version : DC Adventure's Hero's Handbook

Caliphbubba
2010-09-30, 12:49 PM
Does anyone in the playground have any experiance with this game? Is it just a setting specific Mutants & Masterminds or something else entirely?

I've heard it described as like the d20 system, but not really.

A friend recently said he wants to run a game using these rules, and I'm totally in the dark on this one. If it's a Mutants & Masterminds clone I can probably get ahold of the book at least...if not, is it worth trying to find it?

any information would be helpful

Thanks!

The Rose Dragon
2010-09-30, 12:53 PM
It's Mutants & Masterminds 3rd Edition with chapters devoted to DC Universe. It's quite different from 2nd Edition, though it keeps most of the good parts (not all of them) and does away with some of the bad ones.

Caliphbubba
2010-09-30, 12:58 PM
It's Mutants & Masterminds 3rd Edition with chapters devoted to DC Universe. It's quite different from 2nd Edition, though it keeps most of the good parts (not all of them) and does away with some of the bad ones.

ah cool thanks for the info. So if I get the M&M 3rd edtion book I should be set, as he's not running the game in the DC Universe just using the ruleset.

How does M&M compare with like Champions or other Superhero game systems?

The Rose Dragon
2010-09-30, 01:00 PM
Never played Champions, so I should let someone else answer that.

Do note that M&M 3rd Edition, as its own book, isn't out yet. It might integrate errata and other stuff that DCA Hero's Handbook doesn't have.

Caliphbubba
2010-09-30, 01:02 PM
Never played Champions, so I should let someone else answer that.

Do note that M&M 3rd Edition, as its own book, isn't out yet. It might integrate errata and other stuff that DCA Hero's Handbook doesn't have.

OK thanks for the heads up. I remember looking at what must have been M&M 2nd ed or something a few years ago, but never really looking at it very close. This at least gives me a frame of refference.