PDA

View Full Version : Time for Halloween! The costume suggestion thread (or so I would hope)

Kiyona
2010-09-30, 02:02 PM
Hello all,

First off, please excuse my english. I suck, and my spellchecker seems to have stopped working.

Since I got so much help last time I, I decided to come back for more of your awesome suggestions. ^^

I had planned on going as "no face" this year, but now that my fiance is coming to the party (yay!^^) I thought it would be fun if we could find some matching costumes. (His first choice is Dr Horrible, an awesome idea, but hard to find something suitable for me as Penny is a bit hard to recognize.)

Any and all suggestions are most welcome. Anything goes. =)

I thought we could use this thread for all our costume needs, as inspiration and help for this amazingly fun holliday. :smallbiggrin:

(If it helps, we are both of medium height, Im a bit on the curvy side, fiance is slender. My hair is long and dark blond, but I am up for dying it. Fiances hair is short, blond and scruffy. Like dr horribles. ^^)

Rae Artemi
2010-09-30, 02:18 PM
Make Kirby and Jigglypuff costumes!:smalltongue:I'd do it.

Dr.Epic
2010-09-30, 02:20 PM
Make Kirby and Jigglypuff costumes!:smalltongue:I'd do it.

Make Their Will Be Brawl Kirby costume!:smallbiggrin:

Rae Artemi
2010-09-30, 02:22 PM
Make Their Will Be Brawl Kirby costume!:smallbiggrin:

No. Kirby is too adorable to be evil. I was going for Brawl In the Family.

Dr.Epic
2010-09-30, 02:22 PM
No. Kirby is too adorable to be evil. I was going for Brawl In the Family.

But he's a cannibal.

Rae Artemi
2010-09-30, 02:23 PM
But he's a cannibal.

Has he ever eaten another Kirby? I think not.

Dr.Epic
2010-09-30, 02:25 PM
Has he ever eaten another Kirby? I think not.

He can eat other characters, and are you saying Kirby is not a person, cause that's discrimination?

Rae Artemi
2010-09-30, 02:29 PM
He can eat other characters, and are you saying Kirby is not a person, cause that's discrimination?

I'm saying that he isn't human. It's only cannibalism if you eat something of your own species.

Pyrian
2010-09-30, 02:43 PM
His first choice is Dr Horrible, an awesome idea, but hard to find something suitable for me as Penny is a bit hard to recognize.Silly lass! Go as Captain Hammer. :smallbiggrin:

Dr.Epic
2010-09-30, 03:45 PM
I'm saying that he isn't human. It's only cannibalism if you eat something of your own species.

Woah! Way to be tolerant! next thing you'll be saying that pocket monsters aren't people too.:smallbiggrin:

I had planned on going as "no face" this year, but now that my fiance is coming to the party (yay!^^) I thought it would be fun if we could find some matching costumes. (His first choice is Dr Horrible, an awesome idea, but hard to find something suitable for me as Penny is a bit hard to recognize.)

Any and all suggestions are most welcome. Anything goes. =)

I thought we could use this thread for all our costume needs, as inspiration and help for this amazingly fun holliday. :smallbiggrin:

(If it helps, we are both of medium height, Im a bit on the curvy side, fiance is slender. My hair is long and dark blond, but I am up for dying it. Fiances hair is short, blond and scruffy. Like dr horribles. ^^)

Codex from the Guild (same actress). He's one suggestion though you may find other people dressed as it: your boyfriend dresses as Kick-Ass or Big Daddy and you go as Hit Girl.

Silly lass! Go as Captain Hammer. :smallbiggrin:

That almost made my avatar vomit.:smalleek:

Kiyona
2010-09-30, 03:48 PM
Pyrian

Oh, that would be really fun! :smallbiggrin:

There is the hiding the girlie bits, and long hair, and my lack of muscletone... But it could work. Why didn't I think of that? The thought of us as archnemesis (archnemesises?) is too fun to not give some serious thought atleast. Thanks so much for the idea! :smallbiggrin:

Kepp em coming boys and girls! And if any of you want to hijack the thread, please do. =)

Mauve Shirt
2010-09-30, 03:55 PM
You don't want to dress as Penny, you'll be dead by the end of the evening!

Dallas-Dakota
2010-09-30, 03:56 PM
If I ever go to a Trogland meet-up, I think I should go costumed as Pyrian.:smallcool:

Jack Squat
2010-09-30, 04:06 PM
You could do Pac Man and one of the ghosts. Some PVC for the frames, translucent material to see through, and a lot (~3 rolls) of duct tape. It ended up costing me ~ $100 US and a weekend to do it, which isn't too bad.

Ravens_cry
2010-09-30, 04:08 PM
Rambo Smurf.
Blue body paint, White pants, Tall ankle boots, a white headband,a bandoleer and some fake, big, guns, most likely super soakers or nerf guns of some variety, and a fake knife.

Kiyona
2010-09-30, 04:16 PM
Dr.Epic

Kick-Ass is a great suggestion. We both love the film (but who doesnt), but unfortunatly I think I would make a really poor Hit Girl. I have no chance passing as a 12 year old girl. Ill have better luck trying to pass off as captain hammer. =)

Pac man sounds like lots of fun. But I think it will be a bit to much money, or work for a student like me. I will keep it in mind though, if I could make it work it would rock! :smallbiggrin:

Dr.Epic
2010-09-30, 04:56 PM
Dr.Epic

Kick-Ass is a great suggestion. We both love the film (but who doesnt), but unfortunatly I think I would make a really poor Hit Girl. I have no chance passing as a 12 year old girl. Ill have better luck trying to pass off as captain hammer. =)

I don't think it really matters you don't look like a 12 year old.

I also just got a great idea that'll be really hard to pull off but so amazing if you do it right: dress up as an 8-bit character. Now, when I say 8-bit character I mean actually dress up as though you were said character but had very low resolution and pixels. The costumes you be blocky and I'm not entirely sure how'd it be done or how well you'd move. Maybe just take some cardboard boxes and cut and tape. You could go as White Mage and your boyfriend Black Mage from the first FF game.

RandomNPC
2010-09-30, 08:46 PM
Least I Could Do had a good one.

here it is (http://leasticoulddo.com/comic/20031027)

If inapropreate, I'm sorry, but it's to good to pass up suggesting.

thubby
2010-10-01, 07:08 AM
Least I Could Do had a good one.

here it is (http://leasticoulddo.com/comic/20031027)

If inapropreate, I'm sorry, but it's to good to pass up suggesting.

I lol'd

me and my GF are going to a party as alucard and seras from hellsing. pip might be cheaper than the flamboyantly dressed alucard.

Fuzzie Fuzz
2010-10-01, 06:56 PM
I was Rorschach last year.

I find the trick is to go Value Village/Goodwill hopping for a few months beforehand, if not year-round. Cheap stuff galore!

Temotei
2010-10-01, 07:21 PM
I was thinking of being Chuck Norris or a Chia Pet for Halloween.

The Chia Pet would be really easy, though. Just glue/tape yourself up, then roll around in your yard for a while.

Sorry, though. Unless you plan on copying that idea, I don't really have anything for you, unless you want to dress as the FSM and Adam. :smallsigh: