PDA

View Full Version : Eldritch Disciple without the Cleric? or How do I make a healing Warlock?

Aerlock
2010-09-30, 03:01 PM
Just what the title says. I'm looking for a way to add healing capability to the Warlock class without having to create wands of CLW.

So far all I can find is the Eldritch Disciple which requires the ability to cast 2nd level divine spells and the turn/rebuke undead class feature in addition to the warlock requirements.

- Aerlock

cdrcjsn
2010-09-30, 03:19 PM
What sort of healing are you looking for?

Out of combat healing which is usually weak, but efficient castings that can be done over time?

Or in-combat healing, like a Heal spell?

If the former, you can get turning ability from a PrC, and you can go down the Sacred Healing feat line to convert turn uses to group healing. A good Charisma from warlock should help with that. Or make Belts of Healing instead of wands...

I can't think off-hand on how to get big heals with a warlock (I'm playing 4e these days).

Cog
2010-09-30, 03:43 PM
Well, there's always Ur-Priest...

Aerlock
2010-09-30, 03:44 PM
I'm looking more for emergency/in combat, healing in case the group healer is down/busy and someone needs a heal instead of out of combat healing. I would like to avoid relying on items and/or have it tied to the warlocks eldritch blast ability like the Eldritch Disciple does.

- Aerlock

Urpriest
2010-09-30, 04:16 PM
Ur-Priest really is a pretty efficient way of doing this. However, if you want to avoid actual spellcasting like the plague...for emergency healing there really aren't a lot of options besides exploiting your Use Magic Device.

Kesnit
2010-09-30, 06:38 PM
IIRC, there is a PrC for Good Warlocks that gives flight and can use EB to heal. Can't remember the name of it.

The Glyphstone
2010-09-30, 06:51 PM
That'd be the Eldritch Disciple, I think.:smallbiggrin:

Urpriest
2010-09-30, 06:56 PM
That'd be the Eldritch Disciple, I think.:smallbiggrin:

He's thinking about Enlightened Spirit. They eventually get a dispel magic ability that heals allies, but since they can't use it on their own invocations it's not something you can rely on in a tight spot.

Thurbane
2010-09-30, 06:58 PM
You could go Bard/Warlock/Eldritch Theurge...but your healing is going to be fairly limited.