PDA

View Full Version : Doom walkers day. (DND 3.5)

KingOfLaughter
2010-09-30, 03:36 PM
OOC Forum! http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9461322#post9461322

It's early day, the sun not yet up yet Zeed has been awake for a few hours now. He walks out onto his balcony, a coffee in one hand and a piece of roasted bread (toast made over a fire) in the other. Zeed is a tall yet slim man, with completely black eyes, blue skin, and waist length black hair. He towers over everyone he knows standing at a height of 7'2 but he has never used this for fear but only for protection. He cares greatly for his village and he will not have outsiders bothering the peace. He has the look of a young man fresh into adult hood, and he takes in the sunrise with the eagerness of a small child. As the sun rises his friend Grug Grug walks up his front walkway. Hello Grug! Are the letters off? Yes Z! Letters off! Me do good Z? You could never do me any wrong Grug. Please come in have some breakfast. At that Grug waved like a child, and half ran into the house.

PC
It's just after sunrise when there is a loud banging on your door. You rise to answer it, but before you can speak a letter is placed in your hands out of nowhere..

KingOfLaughter
2010-09-30, 03:50 PM
Grug Grug is a tall bald half orc, he's got green eyes and isn't the smartesst lot out there, but he's loyal as anyone to Zeed and will kill to protect him (or if Zeed asks him to). Whenever he goes out he's always wearing his armor and carrying his greatsword, if he wasn't known to be Zeeds best friend and his loyal companion then he would be one of the most feared people in the city, but he loves this city just as Zeed does.

mrcarter11
2010-09-30, 10:18 PM
As he rereads the letter, Carter begins to wonder if perhaps this mystery person could really assist him. The offer of knowledge was to great to not try. He would assist this man with whatever he needed.

OMG PONIES
2010-10-01, 08:29 AM
Donning his hat and locking the door to his farmhouse securely behind him, Konig der Totten faces the bright light of day with a wince. He pulls his brown derby down to shade his eyes, and hefts his pack over his shoulder.

"Well, Rosepetal," he says to nobody, "here goes a grand journey. Bon voyage...if only I had a bottle of bubbly to break (after consuming, of course)."

GodGoblin
2010-10-01, 11:20 AM
Dale reads the letter one more time before tucking it into his jerkin, "Right, best be off then" He hugs his mother and shakes his fathers hand in the manner of an Orc warrior before getting on the fish cart with his old fishing tutor heading towards the city to trade.

"So Jeremiah, tell of the city. What can I expect?"
He asks his mentor sparking conversation for the long journey ahead.

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-01, 11:33 AM
Jeremiah coughs and rubs his face, "Well it's not the largest city, infact I think the market is bigger then the actual city is. It's not a rowdy place, although it does get a bar fight every now and then. The mayor is one by noble elect, his family got picked and the kings kept them in there. He's a big blue fella, his family comes over from the Islands of Roses. He's nice, but he don't take non too kindly to strangers causing ruckus in his town"

OMG PONIES
2010-10-01, 11:56 AM
As Konig makes the long walk towards town, he begins to feel weary. Parched for a glass of the old lemonsqueeze, he thinks to himself. Would do nicely right now, wet the whistle and whatnot. The scientist's silent reverie is broken by the sound of wagonwheels as a fish cart rolls by. Hoisting his pack up higher, Konig attempts to flag down the vehicle.

"Say, now, anglers!" he shouts as he attempts to run alongside the cart, "any room in your tank for an old crustacean like myself? Just headed to the city, but I fear these old crablegs just can't carry--" he breaks off in midsentence with a wheezing cough, but keeps jogging beside the vehicle to the best of his ability.

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-01, 11:58 AM
Jeremiah stops the cart and turns, Well now, who might you be?

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-01, 12:17 PM
It's nearing midday now, and Zeed is out taking a stroll through town towards the market. As he walks alot of people stop him to ask about things such as taxes and the crops, and such stuff as for a villager would acquaint themselves. A few small children stop him asking if he can lift them up with his magic. So he does, they laugh and then run off, probably to tell their friends that he lifted them.He stops in at the local cafe, and has a cup of coffee mixed with ground up mint leaves, says hello to th owner and inquires about any news. They chat for a while and then he heads down to the market. He heads straight for the stall that sells Qyall pillows. "Ya! Good day Zeed! Yon sralf is ready!" and with that he hands over 2 pillows, both large and plush, made of the finest silks. One a deep purple with scenes of battle stitched into it. The other the same blue as Zeeds skin, this one has only the seal of Bahamut stitched in it. "Ah yes, thank you sir. This will make a great gift for Grug Grug. With that he pays the vendor, bows and walks off, headed home to prepare for tonights guests.

(Note check the OOC forum for info on things like Qyall and sralf ect ect. Any made up word will be there.)

OMG PONIES
2010-10-01, 12:39 PM
The scientist fights off the urge to scoff at such a silly question and instead tips the edge of his hat. "Pre-eminent pathologist, psychologist, and pedant Dr. Konig der Totten. Pleasure. Now, what say you? Can you squeeze another sardine in this tin?"

GodGoblin
2010-10-01, 01:00 PM
"Greetings Sir I am Dale. If you are heading our way I cant see a problem with you joining us, what do you say Jeremiah? A stranger with stories to tell would make for an interesting journey"

OMG PONIES
2010-10-01, 01:16 PM
"Well then, you're in luck," Konnig chuckles as he gets in the cart. "My wife tells me there's none stranger than I. Granted, I haven't the foggiest idea if I have any stories, per se. Recollections, sure, remembrances, I've a few. So you're a fisherman? Fantastic!" Konig raises a kerchief to cover his mouth and nose in the most courteous way possible. "What takes you to the city? Releasing your catch into the sea of faces?"

GodGoblin
2010-10-01, 01:50 PM
"Im sure remembrances will do just fine and Jeremiah here is a true fisherman, Im simply a deck hand but that within the city im hoping to put mu skills as a hunter and warrior to better use. Tell me what awaits you behind the walls?"

Dale reaches down and presents him his arm.

"Climb aboard, you can tell me on the way"

OMG PONIES
2010-10-01, 02:08 PM
Konig mistakes Dale's offer of kindness as an offer to take his pack, and so throws the stuffed satchel to the half-orc. It is heavy and bulky, filled to the brim with textbooks, strange vials, and glass containers--things that have no place on a normal trip to the city. But, then again, Konig wasn't normal.

"I hate to tell you," the well-dressed gentleman laughs as he boards the cart, "but you may not find much game in season within city limits, and they frown upon warrioring within the walls. Oh, but I'm sure you know that, chap, hoho."

Konig finds a place on the narrow bench that the half-orcs are sitting on, and that's when Dale notices something most unusual. The man sits straight on an errant nail, but makes nary a peep. Upon closer inspection, it seems that his skin is thicker than normal, and pale gray in color. His eyes, too, are devoid of almost all color--just a slight hint of blue hides within the gray irises. The sideburns that peek out from under the derby, along with Konig's facial hair, are salt-and-pepper, showing signs of advanced age beyond where one would place him upon first glance. Furthermore, Dale sees multiple shaving scars littering the man's face. One bleeds slightly, and looks like it could be as fresh as this morning.

"What awaits me? Naught but further hypotheses...oh, but isn't that what drives a curious mind? Empirical evidence, preferrably. Eyewitness accounts, maybe. Most likely just conjecture. And coin. Most of all coin."

GodGoblin
2010-10-01, 02:30 PM
The weight of the mans packs almost pulls Dale from the cart, but he catches himself and heaves the load aboard the cart.

"Ah so you are simply travelling to see what awaits you once you arrive? As good a reason as any I suppose. But tell me your complexion seems most unusual, are you a so called 'demi-human' like myself?"

OMG PONIES
2010-10-01, 02:38 PM
Konig sighs, "No, no, I'm all man...though I suppose I'm probably less than demi now. Sad to say, my cup's not even half full these days. It once ran over, but now it feels like I'm drinking the dregs. I'm in decay, friend--always diminishing, but never nothing. Two, then one, now...maybe I'm a deci-human."

Konig looks off of the cart to the horizon with sorrowful resignation, and raises a hand to wipe something from above his cheek. However, in a quick moment he turns back toward Dale with a wide smile on his face. "So, who's the orc, mommy dearest or father knows best?"

GodGoblin
2010-10-01, 03:08 PM
"Im sorry if this is blunt but im having a time understanding your meaning. Are you dead sir? and to answer you question, neither. Both of my parents are of the half bood. So that makes me a rare creature indeed!" He chuckles the end of the sentence.

"But fear not sir, if you are experiencing un-death you have no qualms with me, you have treated me better than most of the living and I am pleased to be in your company"

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-01, 03:11 PM
Jeremiah coughs Well then, it's best we be off again. Can't waist too much time it's still a few hours journey, even by cart. With that Jeremiah starts the cart again, humming quietly as he goes.

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-01, 03:20 PM
It's past midday nearing midafternoon. Zeed has sent Grug Grug home for a while so that he may be with his family. Zeed is using this down time to personally prepare the guests rooms, as well as prepare supper. After he finishes the rooms he puts Grug Grugs present inside a wooden chest. Sir, shall I call for Grug Grug? Ahh, by Bahamut James, ye startled me. Zeed Chuckles But no, I told him to arrive at the eve of dawn. You may take the rest of the day off. Thank you sir. James bowed, his beard seemingly bowing with him and then walked out.

OMG PONIES
2010-10-01, 03:25 PM
"Im sorry if this is blunt but im having a time understanding your meaning. Are you dead sir?"

Konig's eyes go wide, and for a second Dale's not sure if the man is going to laugh or cry. "Dead!" he says with a loud belly laugh, "as surely as I live and breathe, I both wish it and fear it. Am I dead? Hoho! As hard as it may be to believe, the odor on this cart would be a touch stronger and fouler if that was the case."

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-01, 03:31 PM
Well sir, ya look dead, so I understand the boys as..Jeremiah breaks into a fit of coughing, doubling over and causing the horses to stop, Ho, *panting* boy you, you better take the reigns

GodGoblin
2010-10-01, 04:14 PM
"Of course, just rest for a while Jeremiah you must be tired without your midday nap"

He takes the reins from the old human and turns to Konig "So very much alive but decaying, you are quite the mystery Sir! What do you know of the city? Im looking for an individual named Zeed, Perhaps you have heard of him?"

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-01, 04:15 PM
Jeremiah mumbles something and then curls into the corner. Falling asleep rather fast.

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-01, 09:15 PM
It's nearing the dawn of eve. The sky is turning colors as the set sets. Konig, and Dale are nearing the village walls, out in the distance you can both see them, a towering white wall seemingly made of a single piece of stone, ending in two magnificent spiraling towers. Although from this distance you cannot see if the walls are stationed and you cannot see the gate past the final hill in the road.

Jeremiah is still sleeping, although muttering time to time. He seems troubled by his dreams, yet he sleeps unmoving, the sleep of the innocent.

mrcarter11
2010-10-02, 02:16 AM
After the travel to the city, Carter falls asleep outside the city wall, waiting until morning to venture inside.

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-02, 02:21 AM
Dale, and Konig enter the town through two massive ebony doors. It's aftereve now (between dusk and 10pmish) and the citys' streets are full of villagers. Dale carefully guides the cart along upto the center of town, stopping beside a small circular pond.

GodGoblin
2010-10-02, 01:36 PM
"Well this should do us, Lets get the stuff off the cart and let Jeremiah be on his way. Jeremiah were here time to get up.. JEREMIAH!"

Dale looks around slightly ebarrased realiseing he just souted in a place fullof people.

"Hes a heavy sleeper" He mentions to Konig.

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-02, 01:59 PM
Wha? Oh umm yes, I think I um I'll find an inn for the night, You two better be off. Jeremiah looks confused for a second but then smiles.

GodGoblin
2010-10-03, 09:56 AM
"Farewell master!" Dale says as he waves goodbye to Jeremiah.

"Right then I must be in search of this Zeed fellow, your company was much appreciated. Where are you heading to?"

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-03, 11:34 AM
Jeremiah rides away toward the market, turning down a side alley and out of site. You notice the crowds have thinned out, and there seems to be gaurds watching you as you walk about.

OMG PONIES
2010-10-03, 09:40 PM
Konig's eyes widen as Dale mentions his host. "Zedekiah the old zebra hisself? Well then, green gent, we're both heading on the same heading. Have you come to evaluate his experiments, empty expectations of everything else except empirical evidence?"

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-03, 09:45 PM
You notice at the mention of Zeed alot of people stare at you, gawking. He's obviously a very prominent person, but if that's good or bad is to be determined.

GodGoblin
2010-10-04, 03:23 AM
"Yes thats him! But I dont know anything of evidence or experiments, he asked for my talents as a tracker and warrior. What could he possibly want with us that would require both our skills?"

Dale turns to set off to see Zeed.

"You dont happen to know how to get to his house? I would ask the locals but they dont seem all too friendly" He says looking around at the villigers.

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-04, 03:24 AM
A child walks over to you You're going to see Zeed? Wow. The kid stares at you slack jawed

GodGoblin
2010-10-04, 03:36 AM
"Oh hello, yes we are looking for Zeed. How about you take us to his house? Theres a silver in it for you if you take us now"

Dale smiles at the young boy and wonders just who this Zeed fellow is to cause such a mixed reaction it a town such as this.

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-04, 03:51 AM
The boy smiles, Really? YEAH YEAH! COMEON!, the kid runs off down a street to the north at the end of the street you notice a large house, there is a tower directly to the right of the door. The tower being 4 stories while the house itself is only 3. You notice candles and lanterns are lit throughout the entire house.

GodGoblin
2010-10-04, 04:33 AM
Startled by the childs eagerness it takes Dale a while to realise he had run off "Hope youre up for a run Konig!" he says before giving chase to the boy.

"Wow, thats one hell of a house. Here yo go." This house is like nothing Dale had ever seen, it was at least twice as big as Yewports town hall. Slightly in awe of his surrounding Dale gathers his thoughts and hands the boy 2 silver "And a little extra for the run, thanks kid"

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-04, 04:42 AM
A guard at the gate walks over, "Can I help you?"

OMG PONIES
2010-10-04, 05:17 AM
Konig doubles over, hands on his knees. "Oh bother," he both mumbles and wheezes, "I need to catch my capillaries. The air down here is slower--one moment." He holds out one hand towards the guard. The scientist takes a few hasty gulps of air before standing upright. "We've an appointment with Zeke," he says. "Please kindly inform him that Dr. Der Toten and the green fellow have arrived."

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-04, 05:24 AM
"Ah err Zeke? Do you mean Zeed?" At that a large half orc runs over, "Hi Johnathan, me go see Zeed", the half orc smiles and runs past.

OOC: I'm going to make Grug Grug Peru from now on.

GodGoblin
2010-10-04, 06:07 AM
"Yes Zeed is who we are here to see, here I have proof" Dale then reaches into his jerkin, removes the letter and hands it to the guard.

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-04, 06:09 AM
The guard takes the letter and doesn't even open it, he sees the seal (which has resealed itself) and immediately hands it back, waving his hand and the gate opens. "Head on through"

GodGoblin
2010-10-04, 06:22 AM
"Ah thankyou, right Konig lets see what this is all about then" Dale puts the letter back in his jerkin, picks up his pack and steps through the gate onto the site

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-04, 06:23 AM
Listen checks required.

Can you roll for ponies please?

GodGoblin
2010-10-04, 06:36 AM
Dale
[roll0]
Konig
[roll1]
Im not able to open his sheet at the mo so im unsure of his bonues.

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-04, 06:42 AM
Well dale hears sounds of fighting coming from inside the house amidst cheering. (Just add 4)

GodGoblin
2010-10-04, 07:11 AM
Dale stops in the middle of the path "Wait.. Did you hear that? Quickly this way! Sounds like fighting!"

Dale then runs over to the source of the noise, looking back at the slower Korig to make sure he can follow.

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-04, 07:37 AM
Konig runs after, huffing and puffing having barely caught his breathe from the last run, "Look here chap, I'll not have all this running!"

GodGoblin
2010-10-04, 08:15 AM
"Sorry but some things require a bit more than a stroll, espiecally when lives could be in danger. Besides its good for you" With that Dale lets out a cheeky grin

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-04, 08:16 AM
Konig looks over, huffing. "I am not amused..."

GodGoblin
2010-10-04, 08:34 AM
Dale laughs but stops it short "Oh.. Youre serious. Anyway lets just get on there and see what the commotion is"

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-04, 08:39 AM
Konig, still panting, walks up to the door, and knocks. Almost immediately the door flies open and a half orc stands there, smiling like a child, he takes a second and then runs out hugging both of you. "I'M GRUG GRUG! You must be Zeds guests!

SPOT ROLLS!
Konig has no spot or listen bonuses.

GodGoblin
2010-10-04, 08:55 AM
"Uh hello Grug Grug, yeah thats us.." Dale says weazily as the other Half-Orc's hug drains him if breath

Spot
Dale [roll0]

Konig [roll1]

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-04, 08:57 AM
Thanks for rolling for Konig BTW

Dale notices a large blue figure standing in the door holding a wooden sword.
"Come now Grug, what have I told you about hugging the guests?, the blue figure shakes his head, "I must apologize for Grug Grugs actions, might I ask whom you are?" The blue figure shifts the sword to his left hand and offer his right.

GodGoblin
2010-10-04, 09:07 AM
"Its not a problem, really at least he is very welcoming" Dale chuckles.

"Anyway I am Dale and this is Konig, we recieved a letter from a Mr Zeed. We were looking for him but then we heard a commotion and came to make sure nothing was wrong"

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-04, 09:12 AM
"Ahh so you have arrived, I am the one Mr Zeed. That commotion you heard was me sparing with my butler", Zeed chuckles. "If you would be so kind as to follow me?" with that Zeed turns around and walks back into the house, Grug Grug directly behind him.

GodGoblin
2010-10-04, 09:22 AM
"Ah hello then! and certainly. So you are quite the swordsman then?" Dale says as he follows Zeed and Grog

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-04, 09:23 AM
"Sadly no, I'm very quick, very dangerous. I use my sopeed to pary every blow"

GodGoblin
2010-10-04, 09:26 AM
"Interesting, a defensive fighter? My prefered style is to press the offensive but perhaps if we have a free moment we could could both learn a thing or two?"

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-04, 09:28 AM
"Defensive? HA!" Zeed has led you into a large foyer, there is an older man standing to one side, wearing pants and sandals, directly ahead of you lies a set of stairs leading up, on either side of the stairs the ends of the dining table can be seen. To the left is 3 doors, all closed. To the right two doors and a spiral staircase.

GodGoblin
2010-10-04, 09:44 AM
"You parry every blow but claim not to be defensive? Extrordinary.." As Dale steps into the large chamber and looks around he starts to understand why the common people were amazed by Zeed, anyone with a home like this must be up to something amazing.

"This is truly a beautiful place, but forgive my bluntness. Why have you brought us here?"

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-04, 09:49 AM
"Ahh yes, well, if you would follow me into the dining room for dinner, I called you here because I need help, there's a relic to the east of here, in an abandoned village. I'd go myself but I'm tasked with running and defending this town." Zeed sits down at the head of the table, a plate infront of him stacked with food. "It's quite the thing and I'm willing to pay quite a sum for it, I'll explain it in more detail later, we're waiting on a few more guests."

GodGoblin
2010-10-04, 09:59 AM
"Well I cant argue with that, never say no to a paying job my father used to say. So you say you protect the town? Im guessing you do more than pace around the perimiter"
Dale follows suit and sits at the table also

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-04, 10:02 AM
"I mostly go between the bars at night but I'm always ready to run to the gates should some ne-er-do-wells should want to attack my city. I also do the taxes, crop production rates, and give out the kings orders to the city." he takes a drink of wine, "What is it that you do while not adventuring for others?"

GodGoblin
2010-10-04, 10:16 AM
"What an interesting life you lead, it sounds like you have a lot of people relying on you. Myself, well you are aware of my time as the 'Ghost of Yewport' but since then I have remained a simple fisherman but I occasionally I help train the local militia. This is the first time anything out of the ordinary has cropped up for me if I am honest"

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-04, 10:22 AM
"It's a family thing, 4 generations of leading this town. How can this be the only unordinary thing to happen to you?" Zeed finishes by taking a large bite off of a leg of mutton.

GodGoblin
2010-10-04, 11:31 AM
Dale starts tucking into the meal before him ((Assuming we have food too))
"Well growing up in a small fishing village doesnt lead to many adventures unless you count scrumping of course! But other than my time spent as the Ghost I have no exploring career to speak of. In fact this is the farthest I have ever been from home"

He takes another few mouthfuls of food before adding
"I am of course only 19, Im sure I may many adventures awaiting me"

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-04, 11:53 AM
Yes you have food and Konig would be doing the same aswell as scribbling in his journal (Left to OMG PONIES to write up what he scribbles).
"You're actually older then I am, hehe, who'd've guessed?"

GodGoblin
2010-10-04, 04:19 PM
"Wow, I would never have guessed. Please I do not wish to be rude but as you are aware I am 'Pure Half-Orc' and our friend he is well, lets just say complicated. With you being younger than my self and of capable incredible physical ability it begs the question, what exactly are you?"

Dale asks this question with a look of genuine curiosity and wonderment on his face. While taking another huge mouthful of food that is.

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-04, 04:25 PM
"No offence can be taken, I'm from a very rare race, one who hails the Rose Islands. I'm a Garll, guardians of the rose gate. My abilities are gained through family line, not through training."

GodGoblin
2010-10-05, 07:34 AM
"Amazing, please tell me more of this Rose gate. and what abiities does your bloodline actually bestow?"

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-05, 09:53 AM
"Ahh yes, the rose gate. Said to be the only portal between this realm, and the first trial of heaven, although I'd think getting into the gate itself to be the first trial.", Zeed takes a drink of wine, "as for my powers, we're born with talents in un armed combat, and we have a great degree of psionic powers."

GodGoblin
2010-10-05, 11:28 AM
"So what are you doing here then? Surely protecting the Rose Gate is more important that helping a simple city"

Dale continues to sit at the table, finishes his meal and lets out a rather loud belch

OMG PONIES
2010-10-05, 12:44 PM
Dearest Rose,

I've arrived safely in the city after quite literally chasing down a fishcart of goblinfolk. Quite the sportsman, I am. The greener I hitched with asked if I was dead. Hoho, wouldn't that be a swift one to the seat? The city's quite different here than when last we visited--the buildings are taller, the road narrower. We age and decay, while the edifices are...well, edified. One thing will stand the test of time, and I don't think it's man that'll hear the hands run out. Unless I can make some headway on Experiment 92, that is.

Oh, what a sight, this palace I've been placed in! It paints the chateau as a hovel. Finery everywhere, but not one ear of sweet white corn. My petal, do you remember when we would husk it and--

Konig abruptly stops writing in his journal as his host speaks of Heaven. "Say, Zechariah," he calls to the blue giant, "which heaven do you speak of? The bearded heroes of the Northern pantheon? The animal lords of Southerners? The one god they speak of in the East? How does one gain entry? Are there any disqualifiers? What if..." Konig continues rattling off questions, barely allowing Zeed time to respond.

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-05, 12:53 PM
"It's the heaven of the White Halls. Where even the gods wish to gain entry, only those perfect of heart may enter, the trials and even fewer actually succeed."

OMG PONIES
2010-10-05, 01:41 PM
Konig closes his journal and looks at it wistfully. "Aye, if it's for the perfect of heart, then it's definitely the one. Can you tell me more about it, Zach?"

mrcarter11
2010-10-05, 07:05 PM
Carter knocks at the door to Zeed's house after asking around for where it is located.. He waits to be let in.

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-05, 08:11 PM
After a few seconds an older man opens the door, "And you might be sir?"

GodGoblin
2010-10-08, 04:59 AM
"Well this heaven of yours certainly sounds worth protecting, whats to stop the Garll entering? If it is such a perfect place surely some of your people have been tempted and gone against your traditions"

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-08, 05:03 AM
"Some have, and those that do lose all of their birth powers and are cast aside, cast to wander the endless dunes of the desert shirke.

GodGoblin
2010-10-08, 05:16 AM
"Harsh but fair I suppose, so has anyone ever succeded in getting through?"

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-08, 05:21 AM
"Only 3, Saint Urgantai, whom ended the first great war, Burtoo, whom rallied the races of good in the second great war and lead the fight, and Sir Lenti, whom personally hunted down and captured the three Necromancers."

GodGoblin
2010-10-08, 05:36 AM
"Oh I think I understand now, Its a reward for doing great things for the race or cause, perhaps one day you will rise also" Dale rubbing his stomach and leaning back in the chair with a satisfied grin. "A delicious meal too I might add"

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-08, 05:41 AM
"Me? No. Not unless they accept, great feats of cooking for entry." With that Zeed smiles, and then stands walking into a smile side room and walking back with 4 bottles of ale, "Care for some dwarven ale?"

GodGoblin
2010-10-08, 06:05 AM
"Ah the good stuff, why thankyou. Well mabye you could poison an enemy warlord with a rather potent stew? and end an invasion!" Dale says laughing

OMG PONIES
2010-10-08, 06:07 AM
Konig politely raises a palm and shakes his head slightly. "None for me, friends. Have to keep the mind sharp, and whiskey's no whetstone. So, Zeb, when do we set out on this mission? Not that I haven't enjoyed the company, but there's gold to be gained."

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-08, 06:12 AM
Zeed tosses a bottle to Dale."You'll leave when the last two of my guests arrive." Zeed opens his bottle with one hand and starts to drink.

Wargor
2010-10-11, 07:27 AM
Sat upon his loyal riding dog Bosco, Abel one again glances through the letter he recieved, his lips sounding out the words as he does so. He stumbles over some of the bigger words, like 'exploits', and 'services', but is filled with a sense of pride at this man obviously seeing the good he had been doing. His mouth widens into a pleasant smile, and he urges Bosco on faster, wanting to reach this great man Zeed as quickly as possible.

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-11, 07:32 AM
Abel and Bosco soon approach the gates to the city, two massive ebony doors, flanked by spiraling white towers, joining two magnificent white walls, and the two ebony gates.

Wargor
2010-10-11, 07:36 AM
Abel stares up at the beautiful sight in awe, mouth agape. He had never seen a city as fine as this one, mainly keeping to the bad parts of the land, where he could find more evil to fight. He rides up to the doors, and if they are closed, will try to find a hatch he can knock on to gain someones attention.

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-11, 07:40 AM
The doors stand open, as they almost always are. Two guards stand on either side both hulking figures of men, both clad in full plate, wielding pikes, at their sides sit two swords.

Wargor
2010-10-11, 07:45 AM
Abel stops infront of the guards, and smiles widely at them. "Hello! Nice to meet you. I have a letter from a man called," He glances at the letter held in his right hand to check the name again, "Er, Zeed, yes that's it. Do you know where he is?"

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-11, 07:50 AM
Neither guard answers but after a few seconds a man walks around the corner, also dressed in full plate but his is gold and he has no helmet on, "Ay, you're looking for Zeed? He's up in the large house on the hill, the man turns pointing to a large house with a tower jutting out of one side.

Wargor
2010-10-11, 07:54 AM
Abels smiles drops slightly at being ignored, but it returns full force when this new, shiny gold amroured man appears. "Oh thankyou! I have a letter from him you see, he saw my goodness! Well, must go see him. Goodbye." With these parting words, Abel urges Bosco to set off, settling at a trotting speed towards the big house.

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-11, 07:57 AM
The man turns and walks off. Abel and Bosco ride through town upto the gates of Zeeds house. Two guards stand on either side of the gate, not as noble looking as the other gate guards, wearing chain mail and carrying a sword at one hip and a shield on their backs.

Wargor
2010-10-11, 07:59 AM
Abel holds the letter out to the guards, puffing out his chest and trying to look noble. "I have a letter! I am here to see the great Zeed, for him to recognise my goodness!" Abel smiles a winning smile, filled with happyness.

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-11, 08:02 AM
The guard on the right (IC) steps forward and checks the seal, seeing it to be that of Zeeds he opens the gate and allows you through. You ride (or walk) upto the door, and inside you can hear some talking, though it is muffled, and the clanging of dishes.

GodGoblin
2010-10-11, 09:32 AM
"So these other guests, what abilities and qualities do they bring to the table then?" Dale says casually inbetween slugs of mead

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-11, 09:35 AM
"Ones a paladin, not too sharp in the skull, but righteous and good in combat, the final I'm not sure is to be arriving."

GodGoblin
2010-10-11, 09:39 AM
"Ah well if this halfling is up to the task im sure we can handle whatever gets thrown at us!" With that dale finishes the mead in one large gulp and looks down the neck of the bottle with a slight disapointed look on his face

"Good mead that"

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-11, 09:40 AM
"I'm sure he is, hehe I got more if you want some"

OMG PONIES
2010-10-11, 09:50 AM
Konig nearly chokes on his mug of water. "A paladin, you say? Oh my stars, we may be quite star-crossed. We usually tend to be a bit at odds, they and I, due to some differences vis a vis our respective philosophies."

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-11, 09:51 AM
"Well as long as you don't go killing each-other it should be a win win for us all, anyone care for pumpkin cake?"

GodGoblin
2010-10-11, 10:06 AM
"Another would be grand, oh and cake? Even better" A wide grin slaps itself across Dale's face at the mention of more food.

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-11, 10:08 AM
Zeed walks off into the same storage area as before, and walks out with a bottle balanced on his head, three plates in one hand and a cake with a knife beside it on the other. He tilts his head back then slams it forward launching the bottle to Dale and then places the plates and cake on the table.
"Ahh pumpkin cake, delicious delicious stuff"

GodGoblin
2010-10-11, 10:15 AM
Dale snatches the bottle from the air "Bravo!"

sercept
2010-10-11, 10:28 AM
im the friend he said he was gonna show how to play, and im so confused right now

OMG PONIES
2010-10-11, 10:30 AM
OOC: We're eating dinner, waiting for you to come so we can embark on a grand journey. Just make a post about how you arrive at the gate or something similar.

GodGoblin
2010-10-11, 10:30 AM
OOC- ((I think youre looking for the noobtacular game, wrong thread lol you want this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9526946#post9526946)))

sercept
2010-10-11, 10:36 AM
confused as ever, i approach the gate. im seemingly expected. because the gaurds let me through without question. i knock loudly on the door and wait for a reply

sercept
2010-10-11, 10:37 AM
oh rofl my bad

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-11, 10:43 AM
lol yes wrong thread.

Zered cuts the cake into three pieces offering one to dale and one to Konig

OMG PONIES
2010-10-11, 11:08 AM
Konig raises an eyebrow. "None left for the other expected guests? I suppose prompt arrival carries its privileges." He begins to eat the cake in delicate, gentle bites. However, his face lacks any expression of delight, as if he is eating bland gruel. "It may not please the paladin that I've pilfered his pastry, but perhaps he'll pursue the path of peace and turn the other cheek for me to steal his breakfast as well."

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-11, 11:10 AM
"What host would not carry extra?"

Wargor
2010-10-11, 12:22 PM
Abel rides to the door, sat on Bosco still, and knocks loudly. His stomach grumbles loudly as he realises that in his rush to reach Zeed, neither he or Bosco had had anything to eat. He pats Bosco on the head and waits until someone answers the door.

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-11, 12:24 PM
As you ride up you notice a wizard talking to a butler at the front door, the butler turns to you "And you must be Sir Zeeds final guest? Right this way both of you. The butler leads you into a dining room.

Signing off for now

mrcarter11
2010-10-11, 12:26 PM
Carter follows the butler in, looking around in all directions for signs of the other guests that seemed to be present due to the butler's words.

Wargor
2010-10-11, 12:31 PM
"Yes I am!" Still atop Bosco, Abel follows after the butler, keeping pace with the wizard. "Hello my names Abel, what's yours?"

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-11, 12:33 PM
The dining room is large, most likely serving as a ball room in other times. In it are three people, a large blue man, a half orc, and a human.

mrcarter11
2010-10-11, 12:34 PM
"You can call me Kaylyn.. Can I ask what brings you here?"

OMG PONIES
2010-10-11, 12:41 PM
The human laughs a small, tittering laugh and steps forward. "An invitation, my boy, but of course," he laughs again. He extends his hand to shake Kaylyn's, but the newest guest notices something odd about this man--his skin has a gray undertone, and it is slightly cool to the touch. His eyes, however, lack the vacancy of the dead (or formerly dead). No, they are alive...but dying. His irises are sapped of color, small traces of blue still evident in the mostly gray rings.

"Konig der Totten, pre-emininent physicist, physician, psychiatrist, and psychic. Pleasure to meet you, Kaylyn. And you, mounted metal man? What of you?"

Wargor
2010-10-11, 12:42 PM
"This letter of course!" Abel brandishes the letter enthusiastically, waving it in front of Kaylyns face.

As he rides into the room, Abel is slightly shocked by the blue man. He leans over to Kaylyn and whispers not quite quietly enough not to be overheard. "Why is there a big blue man here?"

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-11, 12:45 PM
"Ahh my final guests arrive, would either of you care for dinner? Zeed indicates two full plates on the table, both still warm.

Wargor
2010-10-11, 12:48 PM
At the strange gray humans question Abel offers a hand, smiling the fixed smile of one who didn't understand most of what was just said. "Hello, my name is Abel. I, er, fight bad thing. For the beautiful lady."

The offer is dinner is met with an enthusiastic response, as Abel slides off Bosco's back and seats himself in front of a plate. "Oh yes thank you Mr Blue man sir." Bosco curls up at his masters feet, and Abel passes some food down to him. "It it nice to meet you all."

GodGoblin
2010-10-11, 12:52 PM
"Hello Abel and Kaylyn, I am Dale" Says the Half-Orc With a large toothy grin before drinking what seems to be his second bottle of mead

OMG PONIES
Konig strokes his chin quizzically as he examines the hungry paladin. Quite fascinating, he thinks, that this soldier of light seems rather dim. He lacks the tunnel vision of his kin. Perhaps he would be amenable to being the subject of Experiment 74?

KingOfLaughter
"Now that you're all here we can discuss our business. I'm in requirement of your services to acquire an artifact of great sentimental value to me and my family, you see this town was in times past much much larger, and the old keep in which this artifact is housed is the old keep to this town. I'll leave you to think it over and finish off your meals." Zeed walks off leaving the group in silence to think it over.

Wargor
2010-10-11, 12:56 PM
Looking slightly confused, Abel raises the hand that not shoveling food into his mouth, before quickly swallowing his mouthful. "Er, what is an 'artifact'? Is like a painting?"

GodGoblin
2010-10-11, 12:57 PM
"Sort of Abel, it could be any thing of value really. So we go into the old keep to retrieve the artifact, sounds simple enough. Does anyone know anything about the keep?"

OMG PONIES
2010-10-11, 01:22 PM
Konig shrugs his shoulders. "Sorry chap," he says, "afraid I'm a bit of a country mouse. I'm sure I could dig up some morsels in town, but not enough for a mental meal. Zeezee," the scientist calls out, cupping a hand over his mouth, "any information you could cook up for us?"

OOC: Edit to make sense, what with Zeed having left and all.

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-11, 01:25 PM
OOC Zeeds out of the room)

GodGoblin
2010-10-12, 10:02 AM
"Well as long as we are all agree to do the quest, we better go find Zeed and discover some specifics then"

OMG PONIES
2010-10-12, 10:09 AM
Konig nods in eager agreement. "Certainly. Attention must be payed to clarifying the size of the purse. Not that that's important...just an unresolved matter.

GodGoblin
2010-10-12, 10:14 AM
"Of course and regardless of reward I want to know what im going to be up against! Come on, lets go find where Zeed got to and sort all this out"

Wargor
2010-10-12, 10:38 AM
Abel smiles broadly, remembering something one of the knights taught him as a child. "Goodness is it's own reward." With that he finishes his food and stands, ready to find Zeed.

OMG PONIES
2010-10-12, 11:14 AM
Konig smiles widely. Ah, now this sounds more like your standard-issue paladin. See if the bank will accept goodness to pay off the mortage note. He chuckles to himself and moves towards the main hall. "Let's browse the banisters for our blue boy. Zeke! Zack! Oh, yoohoo, Zoe!" Konig calls out, oblivious to the fact that he's shouting an entirely different (but equally incorrect) name each time.

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-12, 03:10 PM
You barely take two steps out of the door, when Zeed walks around the corner. "So you're ready? And please it's Zeed"

OMG PONIES
2010-10-12, 03:56 PM
Konig tips his hat to his host and apologizes, "Sorry, Zim. Sure thing."

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-12, 04:03 PM
Zeed laughs, "It's quite alright good, sir, if you would all be so kind as to follow me into the library, so we might finish our discussion?"

OMG PONIES
2010-10-12, 04:45 PM
Konig follows, bidding the others to join him with an eager wave of the hand.

mrcarter11
2010-10-12, 04:56 PM
The pale skinned wizard follows absentminded. His thoughts more centered on revenge and vengeance.

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-12, 05:00 PM
Zeed leads you through a hallway decorated with portraits and suits of armor, the hallway leads to a door, which leads to stairs spiraling upwards. He goes up seemingly a floor and then walks down another hallway, ending at a large stone entryway, which Zeed walks through and then sits at a table, all around you are shelf upon shelf of books, ranging from accounts of heroic deeds to spell books from great and now gone wizards.

GodGoblin
2010-10-13, 06:30 AM
"Ah thankyou Zeed, so we have decided to accept your offer but we are waiting on some more details first" Dale says as he enters the roomwith the othrs

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-18, 04:11 PM
"What information do you require?"

OMG PONIES
2010-10-18, 04:49 PM
Zeed laughs, "It's quite alright good, sir, if you would all be so kind as to follow me into the library, so we might finish our discussion?"

"What information do you require?"

Konig furrows his brow and asks, "Zachary, Unless my memory has been mangled (and it might just have been), 'twas you who asked to continue this conversation. So, converse; tell me what I need to know to gild my pocket."

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-18, 04:52 PM
"You wish to know how much the pay is? Well I'll give you 100 gold before you're off and another 1000 when you return."

OMG PONIES
2010-10-18, 04:54 PM
With a brief flurry of activity, Konig pulls a pen from his pack. "Where can I sign?"

Wargor
2010-10-18, 05:33 PM
Abel turns away from where he was staring at all the books around them in slight bemusement, having never seen so many in one place before. "So what bad things are there to kill, sir?"

GodGoblin
2010-10-19, 05:18 AM
"Abel has a good point, before we sign up or anything I will need to know what awaits us"

mrcarter11
2010-10-19, 10:31 AM
"You say, you can direct me to the killer of my mentor, then I don't care about the task, I shall go."

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-19, 10:33 AM
"I'm not quite sure what lies in the once great keep. I do know the artifact should be in the lords chambers, at the very top"

Wargor
2010-10-19, 12:24 PM
Looking slightly puzzled, Abel raises a hand. "So, er, what exactly is this 'artifact'?" He stumbles slightly over the word, obviously still unsure of it. "What does it do?"

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-19, 12:34 PM
"The artifact is the crown of St.Claire. It was my grand fathers. But when we lost the keep during the last great war it was lost as well. The kings chamber has a magic seal, I doubt anyone could have gotten in." As he speaks Zeed pulls out a ring, seemingly made of gold, but it was completely blue. "This ring is the only way to break the seal"

GodGoblin
2010-10-20, 03:29 AM
"Right then, sounds simple enough." Dale says as he steps forward to take the ring from Zeed. He then turns to the rest of the party "Ready when you are"

OMG PONIES
2010-10-20, 10:11 AM
Konig nods. "Right, then off we go to line our pockets with gold and our hems with blood."

Wargor
2010-10-20, 03:17 PM
Glancing at Konig with a slightly disturbed look on his face, Abel nods his head solemnly. "No bad things will stand in my way. Er, our way."

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-20, 04:20 PM
Zeed reaches under the table and produces four sacks of gold, tossing one to each of you. "Have fun"

OMG PONIES
2010-10-29, 09:50 AM
Konig snatches up his purse, stowing it away inside his thick overcoat. "Well, chaps," he chides, "let's light the fires and whatnot. There's a job to be done and more gold to be gained! Are we off?

GodGoblin
2010-10-29, 10:10 AM
"Absolutely my good fellow" Dale takes the pouch and stuffs in in his jerkin. "Come on then!" He says as he makes his way out the door.

mrcarter11
2010-10-29, 10:27 AM
Carter follows them out, muttering about things moving so slowly..

OMG PONIES
2010-10-29, 11:34 AM
Konig shields his eyes from the bright light of day as he exits Zeed's estate. "So, does anyone know how to get to this tower?"

Wargor
2010-10-29, 12:03 PM
Abel ambles along after the others, after pocketing the bag of gold of course. As he leaves the building he mounts Bosco, the dog's legs allowing him to keep up with the other taller folk. "I've no idea where this tower is. Maybe we can ask someone?"

GodGoblin
2010-10-29, 12:31 PM
"Didnt he say it was in the city? So surely that is it right there!" Dale exclaims as he points out the tallest building on the skyline.

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-29, 02:19 PM
A few guards look at you weirdly. As well as some citizens.

GodGoblin
2010-10-29, 03:02 PM
Dale looks around at the guards and villagers and quickly puts his arm down, looking a bit embarrassed. "Excuse me, could you direct us to the kings abandoned keep if its around these parts? " He says to the nearest guard

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-29, 04:50 PM
"Umm yes? It's 2 days travel to the east." The guard points off toward the forest.

GodGoblin
2010-10-30, 11:34 AM
"Right. I did think it odd for it to be in the city, looks like a wilderness treck ahead then" Dales eyes light up in excitment