PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Character Build Idea, How would you?

Zertryx
2010-09-30, 05:05 PM
So the other day my friend tryed to give me a challenge to build a melee fighter that only used 1 level of each class they took up to level 20.

If you had to build a character using only 1 level of each how would you do it?

I don't want him to be over powered, just good enough to hold his own in combat.

Galsiah
2010-09-30, 06:13 PM
Good stats, good equips, and make sure all the classes are full BAB, not too much else you can do with a melee fighter. Try to pick up classes that grant features on the first level as well.

Coidzor
2010-09-30, 06:15 PM
Any limitations?

SurlySeraph
2010-09-30, 07:55 PM
Does it need to be pure melee? A level in Cloistered Cleric and/or Wizard (Abrupt Jaunt Conjurer) can be quite useful. Anyway, Swashbuckler, Barbarian, attempt to qualify for plenty of full-BAB PrCs, and take levels in Tome of Battle classes at high levels so you start with higher level maneuvers.

Tyndmyr
2010-09-30, 07:58 PM
So the other day my friend tryed to give me a challenge to build a melee fighter that only used 1 level of each class they took up to level 20.

If you had to build a character using only 1 level of each how would you do it?

I don't want him to be over powered, just good enough to hold his own in combat.

Well, I'd start with a level of barbarian, a level of warblade, a level of crusader, a level of fighter, and a level of ranger. At this point, delve into prestige classes, but you'll already have a bonus feat, IL 3 in both initiator classes, rage, and a favored enemy. Full BaB, naturally. So, it's a solid start.

The fun part is meeting all the prereqs for the prestige classes, but thankfully, there's a great deal of overlap out there.

Zertryx
2010-10-02, 02:26 PM
No it doesn't need to be pure melee, I made a build that added a few spell casting levels using 1st level divine spells and up to 2nd level arcane spells for some support like invisibility & bulls strength.

as far as limitations we mainly use the core books, all the completes, unearthed arcana, dragon magic, magic of incarnum, expanded psionics, frost burn, storm rack and sand storm.

the race can't have any ECL