PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 Dragonmarked Shifter (Eberron)

Dusk Eclipse
2010-09-30, 08:07 PM
I was toying with an idea for a character in eberron, and I started to think on putting Dragonmarks on one of the non-dragonmarked races.

Trying to stick to RAW as close as possible I came up with the idea to play a half-shifter, which crunch-wise is a Human with the Feral template (SS) tacked on.

That line of tought eventually lead me on thinking on making a build, that I hope I will be able to play in the future. Since (strangely for me) I only have the fluff concept I ask the playground to help me build him, the only thing I ask he MUST have is the Dragonmark of Passage.

Since this is intended to see play I will stick to the normal character building rules my group uses:
32 point buy
two flaws
All books open (please try to stick to Eberron, but stuff from other settings is approved on case-by case basis)
LA-Buy off approved

Because campaing either start at ECL 10 or never go beyond ECL 10 please think on level 10

The rough concept is that Gaoru D'Orien, is the offspring of a male razorclaw shifter chieftain from the Eldeen Ranches and a Human member of House Orien, how some union came to be? his mother did not told him, how was she even able to concieve him? no one really knows, still rumors says that the dragons have something to do, since he was born with the dragonmark of the passage.

Despite of his blood father, as all dragonmarked childs, he was accepted into the house as a full member, with all the benefits and responsabilities that that intended.

While growing Gaoru had to fight his violent urges, that caused many problems for him, but eventually he learned to control and use to some extent those urges in the name of his duty.

Taking after his mother, Gaoru found an interest in alchemy, he has an special interest in the bloodspikes, as they are useful, cheap, easy to make and useful in most situations.

In combat he uses his superior mobility and space awareness to outmanouber his foes, while he isn't the smartest fighter he has an animal cunning to that give him an edge over enemies, he uses this ability to serve as either a guard, or a courrier for highly dangerous messages or parcels.

Based on what I thought of him, he is mostly a mobilty fighter, who uses alchemical items to help... I would prefer to use his claws as his main mode of fightin, but if you can't convince me other wise please do.

Thanks in avance

Greenish
2010-10-01, 09:11 AM
Dragonmarks normally only manifest on full-blooded members of their respective races. The only two known to cross the racial border are the Mark of Finding (humans & half-orcs) and Mark of Death (elves & half-dragon elves).

But yeah, if that's what you want to play, have a look at Blade of Orien (Dragonmarked). It's an easy-to-enter mobility focused melee (or archer) PrC with nifty abilities and awesome capstone.

Otherwise, warblade or swordsage should suffice.