PDA

View Full Version : A lasting curse?

Edhelras
2010-10-01, 03:21 PM
I wonder: Is the curse bestowed upon you by, yes, Bestow curse - is it an "ongoing magical effect" - that can be detected by the use of Spellcraft (would be DC 23 for the clerical version, DC24 for the arcane version)?

It is a permanent effect, but it cannot be dispelled by Dispel magic.

Asheram
2010-10-01, 03:36 PM
I wonder: Is the curse bestowed upon you by, yes, Bestow curse - is it an "ongoing magical effect" - that can be detected by the use of Spellcraft (would be DC 23 for the clerical version, DC24 for the arcane version)?

Identify a spell that’s already in place and in effect. You must be able to see or detect the effects of the spell. No action required. No retry.

Some curses might be more obvious than others... I'd say it's up to the DM, but for most curses I'd say no.

Lysander
2010-10-01, 11:57 PM
Some curses might be more obvious than others... I'd say it's up to the DM, but for most curses I'd say no.

I'd say if you actually see someone fail a roll because of a curse you'd notice that something seems to be hampering them, entitling you to a spellcraft roll. If you fail though maybe you just think they have a cold.

Zaydos
2010-10-02, 12:35 AM

For some curses (those with obviously magical effects that can be seen) I'd say yes, otherwise only with Detect Magic.