PDA

View Full Version : Interesting weapons for Vampire: the Masquerade

Brock Samson
2010-10-01, 05:44 PM
So just to keep things interesting in our Vampire game (old world of darkness) I like having a variety of weapons at hand to use, or just oogle. My character's a Brujah that has Potence 4 and Celerity 4, so virtually anything I use is already going to be deadly. So far I've got a bracelet that has a knife blade flip out of it, I was thinking of getting some pointy silver chopsticks to hold up her hair, have her wear Stiletto heels that have a reinforced spiked heel that I can kick THROUGH people.

What other fun and interesting weapons are there? At some point I'd love to dismantle a vampire with a chainsaw. Of course using a huge huge huge frikkin' sword is always fun. Maybe Chinese fan blades?

Also, what kind of interesting outfits/themes could she wear? I've already pulled a school-girl look complete with cookies (she looks about 18 btw and has Appearance 4). Just give me funny/fun/hilarious/interesting ideas. Perhaps today she looks like a biker chick and only uses a shotgun? Perhaps tomorrow she dressed up like a cowgirl and uses a lasso? Medieval armor and sword and board another day?

randomhero00
2010-10-01, 05:51 PM
How about metal nails? Basically a cup to fit over her finger and then a razor sharp nail. Basically metal claws.

Valameer
2010-10-01, 05:54 PM
Dual wield whips!

Ride a motorcycle, then swing it at someone.

Metal guitar.

Three-part staff.

Spiked chopsticks in her hair. Put them up someones nose, or throw them.

A rubik's cube.

A spiked helmet for a berserker rage.

An oversized lolipop.

An umbrella / sword cane.

Brock Samson
2010-10-01, 05:56 PM
Hm, a little Freddy Krueger, not bad.

Come on people, what other interesting weapons can you think of?

Using a steel pen to shank someone?

A guitar that actually has an axe blade in it? OOOohh I like that... (4 dots in performance [singing] btw and the Enchanting Voice merit).

Brock Samson
2010-10-01, 05:57 PM
Nice, I hadn't seen your post Lyceios and we both came up with metal guitars.

Valameer
2010-10-01, 06:04 PM
Awesome. Really we could take this Rocker-Chick thing to a whole new level.

Microphones, mic stands. Heck, even megaphones. Platinum records, if your band does more than brawl.

I also thought bokkens or training swords would be pretty funny to use.

Brock Samson
2010-10-01, 06:07 PM
I should have those at my club! She is indeed a rocker chick, Kamikaze Komiko and the Guttersluts. She owns a techno/goth/rave bar called Sex.

comicshorse
2010-10-01, 07:30 PM
Sharpened CD's for the long range decapitation

nihilism
2010-10-01, 08:10 PM
priest/rabbi/imam? nice and classic.

chef and related weapons?

16th century nobleman/woman?

The_D
2010-10-01, 08:46 PM
Friend of mine used a cue ball on the end of a chain with her Malk, anouther friend used lamp post and street signs also surprisingly effective if not all that subtle.

Brock Samson
2010-10-05, 04:40 PM
Lately I've really been wanting to hit someone with a motorcycle. Not drive it into them- smash it into them. Was it Jet Li's "The One" where he did that? Lampposts and streetsigns could also totally work, perhaps I should become an improvised weapon master when the threat's not too large? Pump my blood into strength a little and I could even throw cars at people.

Semidi
2010-10-05, 06:35 PM
I played with a guy who had his ex-pirate Lasombra wielding a huge boat anchor...

My neonate brujah anarch once used a frenzied gangrel as a thrown weapon...

Caliphbubba
2010-10-05, 09:35 PM
Manhole lids are always a favorite of mine.

Impaled someone on a parking meter before, that was fun.

I mostly played Nosferatu, so bits and pieces of crap everywhere were used as weapons. Anything from a section of rusty pipe, to a fire extinguisher.

The brujah I played never even carried a weapon. He preferred to crush people with his bare hands.....just cause he could

Sydonai
2010-10-06, 07:23 AM
I played with a guy who had his ex-pirate Lasombra wielding a huge boat anchor...

My neonate brujah anarch once used a frenzied gangrel as a thrown weapon...

This is the answer; throw people at other people. Or just grab someones leg and use them as a large club

Quincunx
2010-10-06, 09:03 AM
A wee, delicate porcelain objet d'art.

You insist, frequently, loudly, and at great length, that not only can you beat up anyone with anything *wave porcelain around in fearsome Brujah mitts, prompt limp-wristed faint among nearby Toreador* but that you can do it without damaging the precious vessel. From here you have two options. Burn some Celerity to swap it from your punching hand, pummel the opponent senseless with your bare knuckles, and swap it back before the folks without Celerity notice anything; prove your claim. Smash the porcelain into and through your opponent's vitals, smash the porcelain as well, and get angry.

Psyx
2010-10-06, 09:04 AM
So just to keep things interesting in our Vampire game (old world of darkness) I like having a variety of weapons at hand to use, or just oogle. My character's a Brujah that has Potence 4 and Celerity 4, so virtually anything I use is already going to be deadly. So far I've got a bracelet that has a knife blade flip out of it, I was thinking of getting some pointy silver chopsticks to hold up her hair, have her wear Stiletto heels that have a reinforced spiked heel that I can kick THROUGH people.
?

The problem with high Potence is that most weapons break straight away, and are a bit 'one-shot'.

Just use whatever is nearby.

Glass ashtrays are always a nasty thing to get hit in the face with.
Sock-full of pool balls.

There's a fashion designer who did a line of stiletto heels made of titanium, so that they could be needle-thin and still support the weight of the wearer. They were withdrawn from sale for safety reasons (ie: One mis-step and you could impale someone's FOOT!), but I'm sure that with enough money, you could get hold of some.

Although delivering kicks while wearing stilettos in the first place is going to be a bit tricky...

One of those razor-edged fan things would be cool.

Rolled up magazines are surprisingly useful for thrusts and chokes.

Strangle someone with a set of headphones?

Umbrella?

subject42
2010-10-06, 09:15 AM
If you just want to wreck stuff, it's hard to go wrong with a piece of rebar.

If you don't have a piece of rebar, hit somebody with a concrete wall until some rebar shakes loose.

Side note: The single coolest statted weapon in all of WoD is the "Bang Stick" from the Underwater Supplement. It's basically a ring of shotgun shells with a pressure trigger on the end of a stick.

Demonix
2010-10-06, 09:46 AM
You could always try throwing a chimney. This works especially well against ninjas.

Pisha
2010-10-06, 10:18 AM
Not the sort of weapon you'd plan for, but in a pinch, couch cushion + lighter fluid + flame makes Grapples a lot more interesting... (hey, it's worked at least once!)

Deadmeat.GW
2010-10-08, 12:49 AM
Hum, if you are playing a female character have you considered weighted sleeves?

Think of chinese style dresses with sleeves with weights at the end, think House of Flying Daggers in the beginning with the game with the standing drums.

With celerity and potence those would hit like a freight train and soo many times it would pulp most normal beings.

In my game our GM rules tat the sleeves would do str + 1 damage with the weighted sleeves, that it required either melee, perform dance or brawl (improvised weapons) to use at a target number of 8 instead of the ussual 6.
Potence however did add to the damage.

So a petite Gangrel with strength of 2, potence of 2 and no celerity would do a total of 3 dice rolled and 2 automatic damage for any glancing hit.
I have done fun things like crush a ghoul from across the room with these, doing 7 damage to the poor thing when it called me 'just another stupid Gangrel...'

After this the people in the room were a lot more respectfull towards me :).

Another fun trick is to pull a Chronicles of Riddick one :).

A cup and use it as a corer...

Also, the weighted sleeves are a lot more difficult to break, they could conceivable tear but they won't really break :).

Shadowleaf
2010-10-08, 12:54 AM
Propane gas tanks work well if you throw them hard enough. :smallbiggrin:

lightningcat
2010-10-08, 01:00 AM
You could always try throwing a chimney. This works especially well against ninjas.

I perfer using the ninjas themselves as weapons.
To date the coolest line I've got to use in a game is "What's the damage on a ninja?"

MickJay
2010-10-08, 07:08 AM
A spoon. Nothing beats hacking your enemy to death with a spoon.

TricksyAndFalse
2010-10-08, 07:10 AM
My Toreador used a straight razor. It's concealable, intimidating, practical, and stylish.

I also liked to squick-out one of the other players by having my character sneak a lick from the razor like the scene in Dracula.

MonarchAnarch
2010-10-08, 08:35 AM
My gigalo (male prostitute) Toreador used what he had on hand...a 2' black rubber dildo. Ended up putting a blade in it...then eventually had it bronzed and used it as a pimp cane for a party in New Orleans.

Also had a silver rapier.