2010-10-01, 08:24 PM
Name
|_337 |-|4><0|2

Alignment
Lawful Good

HD
d4

Class Skills
All skills are now treated as cross-class skills.

Skill Points at 1st Level
(2 + Int modifier) ×4.

Skill Points at Each Additional Level
2 + Int modifier.

Poor Base Attack Bonus (Equal to 1/2 HD)
Poor Fortitude, Reflex, and Will saving Throws

Weapon and Armor Proficiency

~'s have no proficiency with any weapon or armor. If they had it from another class they lose those proficiencies. They are also not proficient with natural weapons and such weapons are always treated as secondary weapons. If the ~ has natural armor, it is treated as being nonproficient with it and takes an armor check penalty equal to the amount granted by the bonus.

~ are prohibited from wearing metal armor, armor or shields heavier than light armor, and using metal shields.

When wearing armor, using a shield, or carrying a medium or heavy load, a ~ loses any AC bonuses he has.

A ~ who wears prohibited armor or carries a prohibited shield is unable to perform more than a single move action or attack action each round while doing so and for 24 hours thereafter.

Taboos (Ex)

To maintain his awesomeness, a ~ must abide by certain minor restrictions. If he violates a taboo, a ~ cannot carry or wear anything for the rest of the day. A ~ must choose one additional taboo at 1st level and one additional taboo each time she gains a level in any class. The ~ automatically gains the taboo of needing to always wear clothing.

Triforce (Ex)

At 2nd level, a ~ must reroll every roll he makes and take the worse result.

Bad Karma (Ex)

At 3rd level, a ~ must roll a second d20 every time he makes a d20 roll. If the result on the second d20 is a 1 he automatically fails. If both results are 1, draw 1 card from the deck of many things but remove all beneficial cards first.

Level Adjustment (Ex)

At 4th level, a ~ gains a level adjustment equal to his ~ level.

Great Fortitude (Ex)

At 5th level, a ~'s constitution score is reduced to 10 if it is 12 or higher or reduced by 2 if it is less than 12 (thereafter it cannot be increased above 10 by any means).

Confusion (Ex)

At 6th level, a ~ is treated as constantly being under the effects of a confusion spell.

Cursed (Ex)

At 7th level, each turn, the ~ has a 50% chance to act normally; otherwise, he takes no action.

Visually Inept (Ex)

At 8th level, the ~ takes a -2 penalty to Armor Class, loses his Dexterity bonus to AC (if any), moves at half speed, and takes a -4 penalty on Search checks and on most Strength- and Dexterity-based skill checks. All checks and activities that rely on vision (such as reading and Spot checks) automatically fail. All opponents are considered to have total concealment (50% miss chance) to the ~.

Hearing Ineptitude (Ex)

At 9th level, the ~ takes a -4 penalty on initiative checks, automatically fails Listen checks, and has a 20% chance of spell failure when casting spells with verbal components.

Feeble (Ex)

At 10th level, the ~ takes a -2 penalty on Strength-, Dexterity-, and Constitution-based ability checks and skill checks.

Frail (Ex)

At 11th level, Subtract 1 from the number of hit points the ~ gains at each level. This can reduce the number of hit points he gains to 0 (but not below).

Inattentive (Ex)

At 12th level, the ~ takes a -4 penalty on Listen checks and Spot checks.

Meager Fortitude (Ex)

At 13th level, the ~ takes a -3 penalty on Fortitude saves.

Murky-Eyed (Ex)

At 14th level, In combat, every time the ~ attacks an opponent that has concealment, roll his miss chance twice. If either or both results indicate that the ~ would miss, his attack fails.

Noncombatant (Ex)

At 15th level, the ~ takes a -2 penalty on all melee attack rolls.

Weak Will (Ex)

At 16th level, the takes a -3 penalty on Will saves.

Poor Reflexes (Ex)

At 17th level, the ~ takes a -3 penalty on Reflex saves.

Shaky (Ex)

At 18th level, the ~ takes a -2 penalty on all ranged attack rolls.

Slow (Ex)

At 19th level, the ~'s base land speed is halved (round down to the nearest 5-foot interval).

Unreactive (Ex)

At 20th level, the ~ takes a -6 penalty on initiative checks.

Flaws (Ex)

At 21st level and every level thereafter, the ~ must take a flaw (though he gains no bonus feat from doing so). The ~ must also roleplay the flaw accordingly or he becomes an ex ~.

Code of Conduct

A ~ must be of lawful good alignment and suffers penalties as described in ex ~ if he commits an evil or good act.

Additionally, a ~’s code requires that he respect legitimate authority, act with honor (not lying, not cheating, not using poison, and so forth), help those in need (provided they do not use the help for evil or chaotic ends), punish those who harm or threaten innocents, respect individual liberty, help those in need (provided they do not use the help for lawful or evil ends), punish those who threaten or curtail personal liberty, disrespect all authority figures who have not proven their physical superiority to him, refuse help to those in need, and sow destruction and death at all opportunities, respect authority figures as long as they have the strength to rule over the weak, act with discipline (not engaging in random slaughter, keeping firm control over those beneath his station, and so forth), help only those who help him maintain or improve his status, and punish those who challenge authority (unless, of course, such challengers prove more worthy to hold that authority).

Associates

While he may adventure with characters of any alignment, a ~ will never knowingly associate with evil, neutral, good, chaotic, or lawful characters unless it is funny, nor will he continue an association with someone who consistently offends his moral code. A ~ may accept only henchmen, followers, or cohorts who have at least one level in ~.

Ex ~

A ~ who ceases to revere nature, changes to a prohibited alignment, who willfully commits any act, grossly violates the code of conduct, or teaches a language to anyone loses all levels in classes other than ~ and gains a level adjustment equal to the number of class levels lost. He cannot thereafter gain levels he atones (see the atonement spell description).

Like a member of any other class, a ~ may be a multiclass character, but multiclass ~s face a special restriction. A ~ who gains a level in any class other than ~ must have a ~ level at least 1 level higher than any other class before advancing a level in that class.

====

NOTE: I tried to balance it against the commoner but I think I gave him too many class abilities.

Also, I think there might be a conflict with the code of conduct requirements.

EDIT: Fixed willfully commits an evil act to willfully commits any act.

Matar
2010-10-01, 08:27 PM
This is the best class EVER.

I will try to talk my DM into letting me play one.

Temotei
2010-10-01, 08:30 PM
NOTE: I tried to balance it against the commoner but I think I gave him too many class abilities.

It's far worse than the commoner...in every aspect. It can only act half of the time it wants to, loses hit points and saving throw bonuses, takes a hit to initiative, and...yeah. Pretty much everything else. If you want it to be about equal to the commoner, I'd give it some benefits, at least. The commoner has some class skills and a weapon proficiency.

gooddragon1
2010-10-01, 08:38 PM
It's far worse than the commoner...in every aspect. It can only act half of the time it wants to, loses hit points and saving throw bonuses, takes a hit to initiative, and...yeah. Pretty much everything else. If you want it to be about equal to the commoner, I'd give it some benefits, at least. The commoner has some class skills and a weapon proficiency.

It has the following benefits just to name a few:

Armor Class (Ex)

Creatures attacking the ~ must succeed on an attack roll that at least equals the ~'s armor class to hit him. Some attacks may be subject to different armor class amounts to hit (such as touch attacks).

Unarmed Strike (Ex)

As a standard action, the ~ may make an attack roll, if he hits the ~ deals 1d3 nonlethal damage. If the ~ has any bonuses to damage such as from high strength he may add those.

Temotei
2010-10-01, 08:50 PM
It has the following benefits just to name a few:

Armor Class (Ex)

Creatures attacking the ~ must succeed on an attack roll that at least equals the ~'s armor class to hit him. Some attacks may be subject to different armor class amounts to hit (such as touch attacks).

Unarmed Strike (Ex)

As a standard action, the ~ may make an attack roll, if he hits the ~ deals 1d3 nonlethal damage. If the ~ has any bonuses to damage such as from high strength he may add those.

Joke noted. I must have been asleep when I typed that.

Ilmryn
2010-10-02, 05:42 PM
Now I have something to hit my players with when the optimize too much.:smallwink:

Morph Bark
2010-10-02, 06:01 PM
...this somehow reminded me of this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=168226) thing I made. Prolly because of the talk of comparing it to a Commoner. Heh.

Lord_Gareth
2010-10-02, 06:04 PM
This is the worst case of trading flavor for power I've ever read, sir! How dare you post something so OP?

Realms of Chaos
2010-10-02, 06:26 PM
Seriously, gooddragon, tone this thing down. :smallannoyed:

Even if you add on more flavor like Gareth suggests, that thing is just too strong to use in most campaigns. Nobody would have any logical reason to play any other class with this one out there. Well, I guess that hard-core RPers might still play as lightning warriors but party balance would totally be out of whack.

Before someone gets the bright idea to start using this in a campaign, I recommend that you reduce the power level so that other party members can meaningfully attribute (and so encounters with this guy last longer than one round). You could always start by giving this guy full BAB and full spellcasting. In fact, if you want to balance this class without sacrificing your artistic vision, you might have to tack on at will save-or-dies.

I know that this seems a bit tough but if you have any plans on this being used, you'll have to tone this thing way down. Until then, I hope you can sleep at night knowing that you made a class even stronger than the commoner.

I am not a man content with merely killing jokes. I defile and mutilate their forms until nothing remains.

ArcanistSupreme
2010-10-03, 04:57 PM
This is just broken. Why does it have a higher BAB progression than the War Hulk? Everybody knows that those things are ridiculous, and this is only better.

Kobold-Bard
2010-10-04, 10:13 AM
This is like the Lightning Warrior's evil twin. That was so weak it wasn't worth bothering playing, and this is too strong to ever be played.