PDA

View Full Version : Tome of Necromancy

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-01, 09:25 PM
It is the continent of Ehb, most of the continent being covered in undead blight, that which isn't being slowly taken by the undead forces. You're all part of a roaming band of soul hunters who it is the very purpose of to devour the souls of those not willing to serve the Darklords. But one winternight you're contacted by an apparition of Wrath. Commanding you all turn and make way back to Winters Fall. When the apparition dissolves you know it's means must be urgent for him to call back his best squad of soul hunters from the line of the living.

EdroGrimshell
2010-10-01, 09:34 PM
Nanako raises a near invisible eyebrow, but doesn't speak. She dusts off her black dress, grabs her scythe and heads to meet with whomever Wrath had chosen to go with her.

Starsign
2010-10-01, 09:41 PM
Wrath was never someone that Aclop cared about. However, the urgent message took his mind and constantly told him to follow Wrath's orders. Taking a sigh, Aclop turned to the other members of his group, taking a nod and one small sentence before leaving with his wolverine partner Clopis, "Let's go..."

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-01, 10:26 PM
Nanako you notices a large black spider, about the size of an ogres hand has seated itself on the top of the handle of your scythe, and it seems to be staring straight at you.

Aclop you notice a large decaying bat, about the size of a cat, flying directly ahead of you, it's as silent as a ghost, yet keeps up enough speed to stay at your pace.

EdroGrimshell
2010-10-01, 10:39 PM
Nanako looks at the spider, "Off the scythe," she says to the spider, putting the head of the scythe toward the ground. If it tries to crawl on her she grabs it throws it down and plants the butt of her scythe's staff on its head, otherwise she just walks.

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-01, 10:44 PM
"Come now, no need to go about shooing me away, I'm quite tired from scuttling and was hoping you could carry me. We're both headed the same way"

EdroGrimshell
2010-10-01, 10:56 PM
"Alright then," she says, walking towards her destination, "Might I know who and what you are?"

Starsign
2010-10-01, 10:59 PM
Aclop sees the bat in interest. "Interesting..." he thought, starting to walk a bit faster in order to catch up to it. Clopis also keeps up with the accelerated pace.

Trying to close in on the bat, he asks it, "And where do you happen to be going?"

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-01, 11:03 PM
Spider: I am what I look to be, a spider, although as to my name you may call me Fear. Although I ask the same of you miss?

Bat: You are the first bipedal creature who would openly speak to a bat, some would think you crazy but I will answer. I am headed as you are, to Wrath.

EdroGrimshell
2010-10-01, 11:06 PM
"I've never met a spider that could talk," she deadpans, "As to my name, i am Nanako Black. Will you be joining me for the task Wrath has set?"

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-01, 11:18 PM
Well when you're masters a magical beast, such is common place. I'm unsure as to if I'd be joining you, I only know that Wrath called me back from scouting.

EdroGrimshell
2010-10-01, 11:34 PM
Nanako's curve up ever so slightly, the equivalent to laughing out loud for her, and replies "I think i'm going to like you. If you do join me, i'd be happy to let you ride along anytime, i'd have someone intelligent to talk to," no hint of sarcasm enters her voice while speaking.

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-01, 11:38 PM
And I would relish having someone to talk to that isn't a shadow, a human, or a Rothh. I might add I can shapeshift to a degree, nothing fancy.

EdroGrimshell
2010-10-01, 11:43 PM
"I'm human, i just happen to also be a necromancer, although i don't intend to be so for much longer." Her interest was truly peaked by this little creature. It was more intelligent than a great many creatures she once commanded.

loser0ll
2010-10-01, 11:45 PM
One of those who saw the image was a large, pale man named Donovan. Of course, being large was hardly unusual - few average men were in the elite squads of Hunters. And being pale is barely unusual, when the world is wrapped in an eternity of magically darkened winter. So there was nothing really abnormal about him being so large and pale, for a human...

The teeth were a bit harder to explain though. On a few rare occasions, some of his teeth seemed to become... long. And pointy. And when the Hunters ran across a living enemy, those teeth also had a habit of ending up inside of that living thing - just on occasion. And... well, you get the idea - he's a Vampire.

He dresses in tattered, common clothes. He wears a simple backpack, with almost no accessories or jewelry. The only equipment he has ever shown is a pouch holding a random assortment of junk, a large book with Arcane writing on the outside, and a Longspear taller than he is. But something about him is... impressive.

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-01, 11:46 PM
Well your being human is in a different manner. Fear speaks as he scuttles up onto your shoulder, he also grows a bit smaller now the size of your hand. I truly hope I did not offened you in any manner, it's hard to make friends as a spider When he finishes speaking he raises up so you can see his mouth and does a very awkward looking spider smile.

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-01, 11:48 PM
As Donovan walks he happens to notice a lizard scrambling along beside him, it looks to be a gecko but it's about the size of a brown bear. It' keeps pace with him but stays a bit off.

EdroGrimshell
2010-10-01, 11:53 PM
"No offense taken, humanity is on a downward spiral as it is, i'll be happy when my research comes to fruition." she says continuing to walk. "At least when it does i won't have to worry about dying and joining the ranks of the undead."

loser0ll
2010-10-01, 11:56 PM
The gigantic Lizard is so strange, Donovan does a much worse job of hiding his reactions than normal. In a split seconds, three different expressions show that he has asked himself three different questions... What would it taste like? Is it wondering what I would taste like? Could I ride it?

Finally, he settles for a simpler reaction. He turns to face the creature and calls out to it. "Do you speak too?" He calls out in Draconic - the gigantic Lizard might be close enough to Dragons to have picked up the language at some point.

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-01, 11:56 PM
Dying, hmm I can only vaguely remember that day. What it would be 300 years past? The start of the blight. Fear then turns into a 6 inch tall elf and sits on your shoulder. Truely dieing isn't that bad, unless your devoured by something, I mean mine wasn't that bad, but I was wished into an undead servant. Probably the best thing in my life

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-01, 11:57 PM
The lizard turns, looks at Donovan, stands on it's hind legs and walks over. Excuse me? My hearing isn't the best in this form.

EdroGrimshell
2010-10-02, 12:02 AM
"Or unlife as it were. I actually like living, the ability to sleep, dream, taste, feel...undeath wipes that all away, i wish to be able to retain the benefits of humanity and live for longer than a human can, and my research is the only way for me to do it." she says, her eyes getting a far away look, before shaking her head, "it may sound strange, but i fear death more than anything, the only afterlife i have ahead of me is in hades, a place devoid of all things i enjoy abot being alive."

loser0ll
2010-10-02, 12:03 AM
He manages to keep his tone neutral. "I asked... if you could speak like these other creatures that are popping up. I think I have my answer. I'm a decent spellcaster myself - you must be fairly good if you can take a form so large. It's a lucky coincidence, that our two squads would meet like this, on the march back. Do you think it might have been planned?"

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-02, 12:05 AM
If you serve Wrath well he will reaward you. I was just a talking spider until I gave him info that crushed the Glacern Resistance. Do you have a form you would prefer I turn into?

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-02, 12:06 AM
The lizard turns, planned, probably. Wrath works in varied ways. Spellcaster? Ha no! I'm a twist of the undead, Technically still living yet dead all at once! Tis a cruel, and yet fun life style!.

EdroGrimshell
2010-10-02, 12:20 AM
"Any form is fine, i have little preference in appearances, after all, appearances can be most decieving, something i plan to take full advantage of." Nanako says.

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-02, 12:21 AM
As you walk you notice a large force of undead and evil creatures moving the way from which you came.

loser0ll
2010-10-02, 12:22 AM
"Oh, an Undead? Well, we have something in common then. I was bitten, and so I became a biter myself. That would be the basic summary of what I am - a Vampire. And yourself? Are you... a bear who was bitten by some intelligent lizard? I know it doesn't make much sense - but I've never seen a lizard of your size, so it's the best I can come up with on the spot."

It's undead too? Well, that answers the question about whether or not it would taste good. Two questions down...

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-02, 12:23 AM
I like you missy, I like you alot! If you have no preference that i shall return to normal. As he finishes Fear jumps down from your shoulder and turns into a spider again, this time though he is about 5' tall and 8' long.

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-02, 12:25 AM
The lizard looks very confused A bear that was what? No no, I'm a lizard, always been quite intelligent always been evil spawn. A vampire eh? I've got some vampire in me. With that he jumps toward you but shrinks at the same time fdown to the normal size of a Gecko and perches on your shoulder.

(OOC: i will get colors for these guys soon! For looks the spider looks like a Black Widow (In spider form) and the lizard looks like the Geico Gecko!)

loser0ll
2010-10-02, 12:35 AM
(OOC : So... the battle-tank Sorcerer has been put into the comedy role then. By an insurance salesman. Gecko. Also, I'm assuming making up minor details - like the name of a vampiric family line, is acceptable, as long as it stays on purely RP terms and we keep it reasonable?)
Donovan watches the lizard leep onto his shoulder with a little tension - he knows that when -he- announced his vampiric nature and then leaps forward, it's not for a free ride. But amongst Vampires, only the most despicable would ever stoop to feeding off each other. Humanity might be long gone, but there will always be some things even the greatest monsters must draw a line on. So he controls his more violent reflexes and let's the critter sit on his shoulder. "I am Donovan - a Master Vampire, of the Rostique clan-bloodline. What's your name, since it seems we'll be traveling together for a while?"

un_known
2010-10-02, 12:42 AM
“Quiet interesting don’t you think,” a slightly accented voice seems to whisper out from the darkness. Seemingly out of no where this voice does drift and then it takes form.

The darkness you had thought was a simple shadow seems to stand erect now though much smaller then you. About the size of a Halfling a pure nimbus of shadow seems to coalesce. Striding along beside you, you can hear the scrapping of claws and the snatching of thousands of tiny teeth and almost for maybe a moment the flickering forms of countless billions of tiny shadowy creatures catches in your minds eye. For what is shadow if not a swarm that feeds?

“And now I think Lord Wrath would like to see us.”

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-02, 12:43 AM
(OOC: I mean no insulting comedic things going on I just like that damned Gecko :D Minor deatils are fine)

My name is Hatred, although I'm a less then violent beast. It is quite the pleasure to meet a fellow vampire, they are scattered so thinly due to they're ability to fight all day round in the winterdark! As the spider said, might there be a form you most prefer?

EdroGrimshell
2010-10-02, 12:58 AM
Nanako gives her first real smile in a long time, "and i think i'm going to enjoy your company," she comments.

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-02, 01:09 AM
Upon seeing Nanko smile Fear side steps over and places himself almost against her. And I yours.

loser0ll
2010-10-02, 01:12 AM
Donovan gives a half-shrug (a full one might dislodge his shoulder-mounted companion) showing his disregard. "Your form is your choice. After a century or so, one stops caring exactly how others look. Although if you stay on my shoulder, I would have to ask that you keep closer to this size than your bear-like proportions. Why are you called Hatred? You don't seem particularly... hateful... so far. I'm tempted to believe that you aren't a violent beast - although I'm willing to bet that you would be as vicious as any of our kind if you had gone long enough without a proper feeding. Speaking of which - have you had a chance to feed today? I mastered a basic summoning spell to ensure I never had to worry about going without, with the land so low on living creatures. The lower numbers of our prey are all that have kept our people from being numerous enough to make encountering on of my fellows such a surprise. Although the pickyness of the Blessing of Vampirism might be partly to blame as well - so many who are bitten rise as nothing more than mind-enslaved Spawn, with no potential for growth."

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-02, 01:23 AM
I regret to say that I am not so evolved vampiricaly as to need to feed, I only have the ability to make my fangs. At that he drops his head slightly, but then perks up I just thought about the whole size thing and had a wonderously vivid picture of my turning bear sized again and scaring you, ho ho. As for my name, The darklords named each of us as such, the spider is fear, the bat is death and I hatred.

un_known
2010-10-02, 01:27 AM
"So interesting," Kannis mutters to himself as he simply glides along. The shadowy swarms keeping him company within his dark globe. One day he knew the sun would shine when the Winternight was ended and then it would be his time. He would eclipse the sun and it would be glorious.

OOC: Thought I'd give you an ambition.

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-02, 01:31 AM
The party neared the edge of the city of night, still a days travel from Winters Fall, but having made it this far meant they had been traveling for nearly a day. (Any living things would require sleep now)

(OOC: taking over my world?? I like it nice ambition)

EdroGrimshell
2010-10-02, 01:36 AM
Nanako, still being among the living, was panting from the long walk, "Fear, would you mind if i took a ride? I still require rest, unlike our travel companions."

(OOC: Bed time now, for nanako and myself, it's 2:35am here)

un_known
2010-10-02, 01:36 AM
"Sleep... Sleep... Sleep. Thats all an old beast like me needs when the Shadow-snippers get cranky," Kannis crones almost like an old man, though clearly by his voice he is not very old. He seems to almost spin around, if a shadow can spin around and whispers frantically at the air around him, "Shut up! I will have Silence! Or back you go!"

And seemingly that puts whatever the problem was to rest. Kannis simply lays down upon the ground, cloaked in whatever he wears beneath the darkness and quietly drifts to sleep.

Though the fact be it that whilst he may sleep his shadow does not.

Kannis' shadow, Sinnak, slithers across the ground jumping from shadow to shadow listening to snippets of converstation before returning and wraping it's master in shadows once more.

OOC: He's been alone a very long time. So I'd guess he talks to his shadow... And any other shadow he can find.

loser0ll
2010-10-02, 01:39 AM
Donovan doesn't need rest, not in the strictest of senses. But he does need to spend at least an hour focusing himself on his internal magical power, to refresh that source of energy for the coming day. Then there are... other needs to attend to. His early morning rituals are not entirely pleasant to watch. The spells he casts to last through the day are not a problem... but the look of inhuman hunger as he begins burning through the stores of blood he had accumulated over time? That's not a pretty face. And the sight of him summoning a creature and then draining it dry in order to feed that hunger? Even less attractive.
"So, our lord Wrath named you all Death, Hatred and Fear? How... varied. I wonder what happened to Creativity the Demonic Butterfly?" His tone is entirely sincere - but his facial expressions show that he's a little thrown by the the idea of a friendly semi-Vampiric lizard named Hatred.

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-02, 01:39 AM
Go ahead my dear. We have a home in the town and will take you there. It has all the comforts for us being in both humanoid and other forms. Fear bows down so that Nanako may safely sit on him. Upon seeing Kannis lay down the bat turns into a rather large half dragon and picks him up cradling him like a baby and carries him into town.

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-02, 01:42 AM
Some days it appears as though Wrath is naught but a child. Oh and with creativity, I ate it, but there really was an evil butterfly, that I ate, Death over there took her spot. Hatred has a smile on his face that was one of pure joy, he obviously wasn't the loving lizard he seems to be.

VirgoBushin
2010-10-02, 03:42 AM
~Lucia~

The past couple had been rather restless for a certain young vampiress. Well... half at least. Whether it was the fact her assailant hadn't finished the job of turning her, or something else, her strides weren't full of pride but rather hatred and anger. Even she herself was unsure of whether she hated her current state more or the man who'd turned her.... or had begun to, in this case.

She had seen in her dreams a couple of visions the past few nights. All it showed was the same place over and over again. Finally, Lucia had deduced she needed to be there. What for was beyond her but now her feet seemed to be guiding her towards there, as if she'd already been there before. Well... been there as in actually walked and seen the place with her own two black eyes, not just in dreams.

Yet that wasn't the case it seemed as the slightly above average looking girl continued walking. Her newly sensative ears, thanks or none to her former assailant, picked up noises of speaking.. What really got her attention was the name "Lord Wrath". It seemed annoyingly familiar and yet not all the same.

Taking that as her hint, she walked over towards the group, her matching raven hair flowing gently behind her, her footsteps light. "I'm guessing we are all going the same way?" She finally asked, her own voice hinted with a bit of a chill of sorts... whether from hate or her hybrid form was uncertain yet it was definitely there. She seemed to be clad in relatively simple clothing but one definitely obvious thing was her cloak as it was pulled as if meant to ensure that, more often than not, her face remained hidden. She said nothing more, for now, as she continued walking alongside the group.

(OOC: Okay I really need to try to go to bed now... but I wanted to get that in. I swear by sometime tomorrow I will have the whole sheet done. Thanks again, King.. For now...adieu.)

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-02, 03:49 AM
If you're headed up to Winters Fall then yes. Although I'd ask you to speak quietly the lady on my back is sleeping as is the halfling is the dragons arms. Answers the large black widow spider. You notice in total 6 people, the spider whom just answered you, a large half dragon carrying a half ling, the lady sleeping on the spider, a human with greyish skin and orange eyes and a large pale man walking off to the side.
Might I ask of your name missy?

Give me a spot check (Okay so I guess you need you sheet for one thing this occurred to me last second I will allow your character to slap my half minotaur (I keep wanting to say tauren))

(OOC: I'm destined to be up all night due to my evil cold :( and it is no problem, bon voyage! :D )

Starsign
2010-10-02, 08:46 AM
Aclop was ignoring the others as they traveled, preferring to speak to the talking bat. "A bat of your size is unnatural... Would you happen to be a vampire?" His voice had little life in it, almost uncaring for anything.

Another voice however took hold of his attention, a young vampiress to be exact. Aclop and Clopis walked over to the new member and asked, "Another one who has been called by Wrath... What is he planning for us? I'm Aclop, this is my companion Clopis.

I'm so far behind I might as well drop out :smallfrown:

VirgoBushin
2010-10-02, 01:21 PM
~Lucia~

As both men replied to her, she paused before simply answering,, "Lucia.. That is my name." Her voice did lower in volume but it still gave off the same cold tone as before. She was, as of recent at least, one to believe in the "Don't ask, don't tell" policy so she wouldn't say anything more of herself. As she looked around the group, a man even paler than herself caught her eye. Was he perhaps a vampire himself? At least she wouldn't be alone in that aspect which, she didn't dare deny, would be nice for a change. After quite the number of years, nine to be exact, of having endured so much prejudice it would be nice to know someone with if not her pain, her experiences at least. "Does anyone have even the slightest idea of what we are being summoned for anyways?" She finally asked, getting the main wonder that had been in her head ever since she'd had been forced to take a temporary leave from her other "job" of sorts.

Spot Check:
[roll0]

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-02, 01:58 PM
(OOC Starsign stay in we can assume you didn't talk for a while?)

A vampire? No. I'm evil spawn, turned into what I am now years long since past. Now I serve our darklord!

No missy. We're all as clueless as you are.

(Grey is the bat. blue is the spider, olive is the lizard of whom you just noticed on Donovans Shoulder)

Starsign
2010-10-02, 03:13 PM
I was asleep during the time, what time zone is everyone in? Also, could you use spoiler tags please when being OOC?

Aclop turned to his bat "friend", "An evil spawn..." He started ignoring everyone else had he used his ears to pick off anything from the crowd...

Listen check: [roll0]

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-02, 03:18 PM
OOC It's 4:18 pm for me. What are you listening for?
Yes, evil spawn, in it's weirdest glory. Hehe

loser0ll
2010-10-02, 03:35 PM
It's only about 3 PM for me. Can we assume that I do my Preparation/summoned feeding/long-lasting spellcasting OOC each day? It seems like it'll get pretty old after the 30th day of describing the same ritual.
Donovan looks around, not entirely sure about the idea of just traveling into a resting spot kept by strangely enhanced critters. They had received no messages informing them of others being called forward - this could very well be some sort of trap, with these things intending to murder them in their sleep. Luckily, Donovan didn't sleep... and he was awfully hard to murder. So he kept quiet, content to let the lizard enjoy his memories of devouring butterflies. Really, the idea of him enjoying such a thing wasn't too unbelievable - lizards need to eat too, and a normal lizard would likely eat a normal butterfly, wouldn't it? Why should evil change that - and being intelligent merely meant he was more likely to enjoy the flavor.

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-02, 03:40 PM
We can assume you prep each morning, although should you wish to you can go into detail.

As you enter the city you notice it to be almost barren, the streets are empty, no lights from any of the twisted hulks that were once houses. The only undead souls to be seen are two standing on the walls by the gates. I always like it like this. Deserted and free for us to roam. It is truly the best of times.

Starsign
2010-10-02, 04:30 PM
I'm listening for anything related to why we were called by Wrath.

Aclop took a look around the city's barren area. He had little idea where to go and what to look for. He started talking to Clopis and the wolverine took off afterwards. Aclop gave a wave to the bat, telling it to come along as he started walking of in a different direction.

DM only
Clopis and Aclop will be venturing around the city to see what points of interest are there. Will we need to make a check for anything?

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-02, 04:37 PM
Oh, in this overly barren city you wouldn't hear much but the wind and the howl of far off werewolves.

Death, turns looks at you, then walking. I must drop off this hafling at our home. As Aclop and Clopis veer off to explore the three animals arrive at a house, Death open the door leading everyone into a upper class sized home. Directly to the right is a set of stairs, to the left is a door leading into a study, with a roaring fire in the fireplace. In front of you is two doors, one closed, one open and leading into a kitchen.

Roll me a spot check Aclop!

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-02, 04:49 PM
Fear carries Nanako up the stairs into a bedroom, lays her in the bed and then returns turning into a human only long enough to unlock and open the closed door. He then closes it as he turns back into a spider, those of you still awake her it the lock click as it glides into place. Death carries the halfling up stairs and drops him off in presumably another bed, and then perches himself somewhere unknown. Hatred jumps off Donovans' shoulder turning into an elf, Thanks for the ride, Donovan. He then walks into the study grabs a book and sits in a chair by the fireplace.

VirgoBushin
2010-10-02, 06:19 PM
~Lucia~

Lucia shook her head at the ridiculously barren place she'd been guided to. Really? She had to be here of all places? "This had better be good..." She murmured, crossing her arms across her chest, sighing softly as she managed to find a rock to sit upon safely without fear of accidentally cutting herself of worse. As she put her long raven hair behind her back, she began wondering more and more why they had all been summoned. All she knew was she was beginning to get hungry and impatient and with her, it was not a good combination needless to say.

Hey KingRyan.... what did my Spot check result in anyways? You never did say.

loser0ll
2010-10-02, 06:21 PM
Donovan follows the small Lizard into the study, curious about what sorts of books you could find in this sort of place. They have control over the remains of a fairly large city - it makes sense that there could be a fair number of interesting books to read though. He take a moment to do a quick glance through the room, searching for an interesting book to read through while he waits for the others to wake up.

Spot Check to make a quick check over the library for anything immediately interesting.
[roll0]

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-02, 06:26 PM
As Donovan studies the bookends he notices most to be fictions from before the undead took hold (most being 300+ years old). But the shelf at the end has books varying from the planes, to demons and devils, almost anything you could think relating to the seven planes of hell. There isn't however anything related to angels, or celestials. There is also a few cookbooks.
Hatred notices you scanning and says Check out Lord of the Horde, third book case second shelf. It's a rather enjoyable tale.

Starsign
2010-10-02, 07:33 PM
DM Only
Aclop Spot check: [roll0]
Also, is it a good time to start implementing the idea I PM'd you about?

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-02, 07:49 PM
Starsign
As you wander around the town you notice a few undead creatures drudging here and there and you think you see a person fully dressed in black glide into an alleyway. Besides that the town looks to be a rather normal human town. (Besides the undead infestation) and Yes.

As you're walking right after you think you see someone glide into the alleyway, you get this massive headache and then passout.

While your passed out you have a vision, it's blurry but you can make out small details. Theres a woman, wearing red, you can't get a good look at her face, but she has either, dark brown or black hair. You think you know who she is, but you can't seem to remember anything about her. You awake suddenly with a start, you're sitting propped against a wall, your companion staring at you with his head at an angle as if asking if you're all right.

VirgoBushin
2010-10-02, 08:16 PM
~Lucia~

Lucia decided after a bit that she wouldn't get anywhere trying to figure things out by herself. She'd taken note to where the others had gone and slowly stood up from the rock. Her footsteps remained light as she traveled inside the house, leaning against one of the walls, slowly looking around to see who was now awake at the time.

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-02, 08:21 PM
As Lucia leans against a wall and scans the front side of the house, she can see a study to the left, containing an elf reading a book, and the large pale figure from before scanning the shelves. She can also see a kitchen to the front and left of her, and to the front and right there is a closed door. Directly right is a set of stairs leading up. She can hear faint sound of snoring from above.

Starsign
2010-10-02, 10:48 PM
Aclop woke at the nudge of Clopis. "What...?", he began, trying to think of the vision that he saw. He eventually shook his head and asked Clopis if he had found anything of interest, but the wolverine had found nothing.

Aclop stood up and looked down the alleyway that the black-hooded figure went. Did he cause Aclop to pass out. Waving at Clopis, the two of them started walking down after the figure, who may have been out of town by now depending on how long Aclop was passed out for.

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-02, 10:51 PM
(Needing a search check from Aclop)

From what you can tell you seemed only to be out for a few moments, you follow the rut in the snow that you assume is from you being dragged to the wall.

Inside the house Hatred stands up and walks out of the study, Good night madame he says to Lucia, and then walks up stairs.

VirgoBushin
2010-10-02, 11:07 PM
~Lucia~

As Lucia saw the pale figure yet again, the same question raced through her mind; was this an undead like she was? Part of her remained curious while the other kept her question to herself. It wasn't her affairs. She found a chair to sit in and quietly did so, her head slowly leaning back. She'd never used to be like this. What went wrong? She silently asked herself, then slowly nodded as she was reminded by the painful flashbacks of being forced into a half-vampire along with the bite marks at the side of her neck, which her hands subconsciously covered. She knew she should probably try to go find something to feed off of... yet her still human side begged her to not do so... not yet anyways. For now, she merely continued to oblige with that side of her as she silently watched the pale figure read.

Starsign
2010-10-02, 11:47 PM
Search check: [roll0]
Sorry guys but I g2g to bed. I'll post again tomorrow morning.

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-02, 11:53 PM
Nice nat 20 and alright, c ya.

You notice that there is no tracks in the snow even though your's are still fresh and there is nothing that would have covered them. (It's not snowing right now either)

Starsign
2010-10-03, 09:24 AM
Aclop looked at the trackless alley. He swore that he saw someone go down this way... but it wasn't walking, it was levitating across. He sends Clopis down the alley to see if he could find the figure as Aclop goes into the nearest weapon store to see what there is to stock up on.

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-03, 11:25 AM
At this hour there'd be nothing open (Yes undead do use the same schedule)

loser0ll
2010-10-03, 12:31 PM
Lowering his book for a minute, Donovan returns the stare of the... Vampire? No... she doesn't feel like a real Vampire. But there is something definitely similar to his own condition at work. She also doesn't seem like one of the Greater Vampires - that bloodline is certainly powerful enough to earn a spot as a Soul Hunter, but they have even more weaknesses than Donovan does, and far more details that give away their nature. Maybe a spawn or a half-breed? Too sane-looking for a Spawn. Half-breed then? Probably...

She still covers her neck! So she's fresh... but she still feels so alive. Half-Vampires are usually born, not bitten - but she doesn't fit into anything else.

Finally, his gets the best of him - after a few centuries of (semi)life, you start to indulge your whims to keep the boredom at bay. "I'm sorry if this seems rude, but... what exactly are you? You feel like one of my kind - you even cover your neck like one of the newly turned. But you don't feel... right. You don't seem like a feral Spawn, but you also don't feel like a Greater Vampire - or even one of my own branch."

VirgoBushin
2010-10-03, 01:52 PM
~Lucia~

"So you are a full vampire I'm guessing from your words?" Lucia replied, a rather proud smirk crossing her face as she now was sure her guess had been right. A slight "Hmph..." was all she said at first to his words. She nodded as she proceeded, "Nor did I ever intend to become one.... I am a half, hence probably why I don't feel like a full vampire. The bastard who turned me didn't finish... or, more precisely, wasn't given a chance to complete me. While I'm glad for it...." Her head looked down then away. She didn't like, nor have it in her, to explain her past to anyone; much less someone of the same race that had made her the way she was and killed her parents. "But....yes.... that's why I don't, as you kindly put it, feel right." She finally managed to say, putting air quotations around the words "feel right". Her eyes slowly gazed up at the pale figure, deciding there was no sense on lashing out at him... after all, he looked nothing like the man who'd turned her. She sighed, "I'm sorry.... I'm trying to work on being a bit more civil though... with all the habits I've obtained the past 9 years... it's been a lost easier said than done. I'm Lucia. You are?" All the while she spoke, her hands remained on her neck, never once leaving to reveal the marks that were hidden beneath her small joints.

loser0ll
2010-10-03, 04:43 PM
Donovan doesn't seem to take much offense from her early tone. Evidently, over time you either master the ability to ignore insults to your nature, or you pick up the habit of hiding the reaction and filing the insults away for later. Either method boosts your survival chances considerably - the second is slightly less safe, but wonderful for lowering the survival chances of the ones that insult you, and it helps pass the time.

"Well, I'm not a "Full Vampire" in the sense you would think of it. The one who attempted to turn you was most likely a Greater Vampire... although I suppose you wouldn't quite understand the distinction, never having had a Master Vampire to instruct you. Since the night has a few more hours, and very few distractions, I might as well clear up the basic points.

There are three main types of Vampires. When most refer to something as a Vampire, they refer to Greater Vampires. These have an incredible number of powers common to all of their kind - calling wolves and bats, shapeshifting, dominating with a gaze, sucking out the soul with a swat of the hand, near invulnerability, and so on. But they are repelled by garlic, mirrors, crosses, churches, sunlight, running water... they have many, many weaknesses.

The second kind is a Spawn - it's created by a Vampire, of almost any sort, who drains the soul or blood of a victim and then allows it to rise from the dead as a minion. It's a pitiful thing, without free will or much in the way of intelligence or power. It's a much lesser version of a Master Vampire - they are the unfortunate result of someone who was supposed to be Turned, but lacked the personal power to survive the transformation as an intact individual.

The third kind is a special branch. If you must have a distinction, you can refer to us as Lesser Vampires - it's much more polite simply to refer to us by our Clan names instead, since that marks our heritage just as clearly. We are lesser to be sure - we have even less powers than a Spawn in general. That is what I am. Make no doubt about this fact - even as a Half-Breed, your natural powers are greater than my own. But our natural weaknesses and limitations are far less as well - we are so close to the humanity that was taken from us that it is almost painful at times.

Now, I might refer to myself as a Master Vampire from time to time. This is a Title more than anything. It indicates that a Lesser Vampire has completed the harsh training needed to gain many of the powers of a Greater Vampire, while still retaining much of his human flexibilty and free will. We even pick up a trick or two Vampires don't all have - the ability to power our selves and our magic through stored reserves of blood, as a prime example. Of course, the other branches of Vampires - and even yourself most likely - could earn this title, but few of the stronger families feel the need, and few of the Ferals have the personal discipline and individuality.

If I'm not mistaken, you most likely need to feed, since I haven't yet seen you do so, and daily feedings are best for our kind. If you are interested, I have learned some lesser Summoning magics to deal with the hunger each day. It gives a fresh and easy source of blood - quite tasty blood even, since they have the exotic spice that seems to run through Outsider veins. It even has the benefits of not needing to repeatedly kill or permanently weaken your food - Summonings produce a special contract which prevents the permanent death or damage of any Summoned creature. They heal fully and quickly, given a short recovery time on their home Plane, but the blood stays fresh, potent and real. Are you interested, or do you have ways of providing or yourself?"

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-03, 04:50 PM
Donovan and Lucia need to give me listen checks

You both notice while you're talking that the house seems to be moving, the walls shifting slightly, the floor seemingly wriggling. A few spiders scamper out from behind some books, which are now vibrating.

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-03, 04:58 PM
I also need Nanako and Kannis (I forgot the name I apologize) to give me reflex saves

loser0ll
2010-10-03, 05:09 PM
Listen Check [roll0]

VirgoBushin
2010-10-03, 05:41 PM
~Lucia~

Lucia nodded, for once paying full heed to someone elses' words aside from her own. She was about to answer his question with a "Yes" before she herself noticed the changes beginning to show in the house, making her stand up and look around. "What...is causing this type of thing? Some weird magic?" She murmured quietly, trying to avoid waking anyone who was asleep up. As she saw the spiders, she noted they seemed to be going away from something... but what? She supposed she and this other vampire would soon find out.

Listen Check:
[roll0]

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-03, 05:44 PM
LOLOLOLLOOL at the listen checks both the same but both barely over what you needed

You both hear some banging around down stairs, you both also notice that the moving part of the house, is a small section that is no longer in the study with you but it's now in the foyer. The spiders you saw scampering earlier are now lying in a pile dead in the middle of the foyer

VirgoBushin
2010-10-03, 05:52 PM
~Lucia~

Looking at the new path revealed, Lucia then looks up to the pale man. "If we stick together... should we go check what's going on? I'm not sure I feel like being ambushed by someone or... something... whatever is causing all of this. I'm not going to speak for you but I am going to inform you of my input." With that, she quietly awaited to hear what he thought they should do.

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-03, 05:54 PM
The foyer has stopped moving, but now the spiders are back, alive, or undead, they're hand sized now (before they were only about a cm). The noises are still coming in from the basement though.

loser0ll
2010-10-03, 05:56 PM
Donovan stands up and very calmly puts up the book he had been reading. Without a word, he summons up a small creature with a spell. He speaks to the creature briefly, instructing it in a Planar language not to resist being fed on. He then turns to Lucia to speak. "I suggest you feed, and quickly - when strange things happen, bad things happen. You might need the strength and freedom from distracting hunger -very- soon."

Once she is done feeding, or has refused to feed, he sends the creature out with orders to run to the basement, see what's going on, and come back.

This is just meant for a feeding/set-off-the-traps-if-there-are-any summoning, but if creature matters, I summon a Celestial Monkey, since they have hands.

Starsign
2010-10-03, 05:58 PM
"Hmph, closed, just as the living does, the dead follows." Aclop, now lost with what to do, began backtracking to the starting position to find the other members. Clopis was still searching the town, trying to follow the black figure.

DM Only
Would you be so kind as to direct Aclop and maybe Clopis to another PC please?

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-03, 06:00 PM
The actual animal isn't needed

The monkey moves to the front door, just to find it's not there anymore, infact the foyer now only has the stairs leading up and a single closed door that you presume is the basement door

Kannis' reflex save
[roll0]

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-03, 06:02 PM
Aclop finds a set of tracks one spider a few humanoid and one a large humanoid, you assume they're your companions and so you follow them, leading to a house with no front door, but through a window you can see Donovan standing near the vampress that joined you before you entereed the town.

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-03, 06:04 PM
Kannis, wakes up being shaken alot, but catches himself before he falls off the bed, Nanako however wakes up as she's falling and doesn't manage to catch herself, and so she falls off the side of her bed, landing on her ass and back.

VirgoBushin
2010-10-03, 06:07 PM
~Lucia~

Lucia frowned. While it was true she needed to do so, something told her she had little to no time. "For now... that can wait. I doubt I'll have time to go do a quick hunt. So for now... we may as well begin searching around." She said, pulling her scythe that was strapped to her back off and holding it firmly in both hands, nodding to hint she was ready.

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-03, 06:09 PM
You start to feel a rumbling coming from behind you and as you turn you notice the far side of the room is moving toward you, pushing you through the door into the foyer, you also notice the noises have gotten louder. (Kanns and Nanako would now be hearing the noises)

EdroGrimshell
2010-10-03, 06:15 PM
"Great, what a wake up call" goes out the door and downstairs to find her companions.

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-03, 06:17 PM
Having been asleep on the way in Nanako doesn't immediatly notice anything out of the ordinary
atleast not until she gives me a spot check :D

loser0ll
2010-10-03, 06:26 PM
Instead of following the push of the wall, Donovan looks at the window at their former companion. The window... that's still there...
Without hesitating, he throws a brutal punch at the window, with a power reinforced by Vampiric strength, magic and good old fashioned training.
Strength Check, if needed. [roll0]

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-03, 06:27 PM
The half of the uncovered window shatters, it's got enough space in it for Aclop to get through, if he goes quickly.

loser0ll
2010-10-03, 06:30 PM
Wait... for him to get through? I was kind of thinking of "Me running out before the house continued to squish us" actually. :/

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-03, 06:34 PM
Oh well, it's only the study squishing you, the foyer is just changing shape, but only one of you can get through the window"

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-03, 06:44 PM
Nanako notices that something is amiss, she's not completely sure what, but there definitely is something wrong about the house.

Starsign
2010-10-03, 06:47 PM
Aclop found himself outside the house two of the vampires were in, two that he had met earlier. Clopis came to his side to regrettably report that he couldn't find anything. After cursing the failure, The ghoul instructed his wolverine to enter first in case it was a trap, with Aclop coming in right after. He kept his mouth shut, preferring for one of the two vampires to speak up.

EdroGrimshell
2010-10-03, 06:53 PM
Nanako sensing something was off, goes downstairs and meets up with the vampire she met earlier and a woman she did not recognize. "Fear?" she calls, seeing if the spider was still around.

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-03, 06:53 PM
Since Aclop jumped through the window, everyone in the room barely escapes through the door, before the wall blocks it off, ending at the door. At this point Death and Hatred ran down the stairs.
Whats happening? Whats all the banging and crashing?
By Wrath, what the hell happened to the house?

loser0ll
2010-10-03, 06:59 PM
Donovan finds himself pushes back as a tiny ball of furry fury comes rushing towards the window, followed by it's master. He leads them into the main room, slightly sulky over the lost hopes of escape. "I found a window - but these two came through, and the room is sealed off now, so we won't be escaping that way."

He thinks for a moment before correcting himself. "Well, that's not entirely true. I could escape - I can turn myself into nothing but vapor, and simply seep through the cracks... but I suppose it would be best to help you all stay alive. If this is some sort of trap, it's a powerful if clumsy attack. If I escape but you all are trapped or killed, the next attempts would probably be much more precisely designed."

He gives Lucia a passing glance, but says nothing to her directly. The half-breed is interesting - there is no sense in abandoning her before I even know if there is any real and present danger. I haven't had a freshly turned student to instruct in several decades now - and never a Half-Vampire at all.

Instead, he turns his attention to the Lizard he had gained an aquaintance with. "If you don't mind, please explain what's going on here, and what exactly it is you keep in that basement normally? I'm still hoping that this is some bizarre magical occurrence you are used to dealing with, rather than a trap or attack. Although given that there is some emergency causing us all to be called back, attack seems most likely."

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-03, 07:06 PM
Hatred turns, The only thing that ever goes in the basement is Fear, I don't think this is him, he's never had the fluency in magic to do something like this.

EdroGrimshell
2010-10-03, 07:19 PM
"Fear uses the basement? Now i have a reason to go down there. Let's see if we can find him, and hopefully he is not the source of this, otherwise i'll have to kill one of my few friends, and i really don't want to do that." She moves towards the door to the basement, being wary of the spiders in front of it, her scythe at the ready.

VirgoBushin
2010-10-03, 07:23 PM
~Lucia~

Lucia felt herself beginning to panic due to her not being completely undead. All this weird stuff going on... now what? Escape seemed impossible at the moment and she was feeling her heart race frantically. Calm down...focus.... you won't think of anything in this state.... Yet even as she looked around, she still couldn't find any way out. Finally her eyes remained on the vampire as she silently asked if he had any other ideas perhaps?

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-03, 07:23 PM
Yea, fear lives down stairs, it's a mess of cobwebs and horded treasure. Hatred (in elf form) walks over to the door, The doors probably locked. He tests the door, and he is very surprised that the door is unlocked. Thi.. somethings not right.

EdroGrimshell
2010-10-03, 07:27 PM
"Let' go then," she turns to the rest of the party, "I'm not the best choice to go first, spellcaster."

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-03, 07:30 PM
Death turns into a 6 inch tall dragon, I'll go check it out and with that he opens the door (magically) and climbs down the stairs

VirgoBushin
2010-10-03, 07:34 PM
~Lucia~

Lucia blinked a couple times as an elf apparently tried a door and saw it....open? Really? It had been that simple? Damn she felt absolutely smart right now. Upon hearing the other girl didn't like the idea of going first, she nodded, understanding as she began walking forward quietly, her scythe remaining firmly held in her hands. More proper introductions, she decided, could be done later as she began walking through the door.

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-03, 07:37 PM
You see a 7 foot green half dragon run up the stairs, on the way up he grabs Lucia and carries her through the door. Umm so, Fears not down there, but I think I know whats happening.

un_known
2010-10-03, 07:37 PM
Kannis slowly begins to wake up with his shadow familiar scurrying around.

"And now where are we? I distinctly remember going to sleep on the ground," he says to whoever seems to be about.

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-03, 07:39 PM
Kannis you notice your in a room with nothing but a bed, the door stands open to your right, outside it you can see a stairwell.

Starsign
2010-10-03, 07:42 PM
Aclop and Clopis quickly find themselves thrust into the main room and locked in, without means of escape. "Would anyone explain the reason for this haunted place?" he said coldly. He wasn't frightened, and he had little reason to be. Dying again would be little more than a slight inconvenience that could not be regained, he didn't see much tragedy in dying, but he saw more of a point in living instead.

The ghoul watches Kannis waking up on the floor. "What a heavy sleeper," he told himself before helping Kannis up. "Don't do that again, or I will leave you."

Aclop then sees the vampiress walking to the door. He follows her to the doorway before saying, "Clopis first." he told the wolverine as it took off as vanguard, "You follow me." He told Kannis as he went after his partner.

Was that kind of godmodding? If so I apologize. I can change this if you want. And did I mess up somewhere? I can't keep up with you all :smalleek: Thanks for telling me. Changed the dialouge.

EdroGrimshell
2010-10-03, 07:45 PM
"Great," Nanako says, running down after the half-breed, thinking, He is going to be my next experiment

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-03, 07:46 PM
Yea she should've headed in first just cause of what I typed.
Umm, I think we're living inside a mimic house. We need to find the alternate exit, it's ether in the attic, or the basement.

un_known
2010-10-03, 07:50 PM
OOC: I'm guessing by Kannin, Starsign, you mean Kannis. And it was okay.

"Well my question still stands. Where the blithe am I?" The Halfling shrouded entirely in darkness asks. Around him the chatter of millions upon millions of tiny shadow creatures seems to rise almost to a chorus and the floor and bed seems to suddenly get attacked by thousands of little claws and mouths.

Whatever hides in that darkness with him seems to react to his emotions.

VirgoBushin
2010-10-03, 07:59 PM
~Lucia~

Lucia blinked again. Was today just supposed to be a weird ass day for her? "What in the...???" Before she could ask anything more, she was picked up by the green dragon and begin to carry her. Hopefully this reptile knew exactly what it was doing and where it was taking her... because at the moment she had no bloody clue. None at all. She remained quiet as she allowed this....thing to carry her off, hoping she'd get a real answer soon. This so-called Lord who had called them all here was really beginning to tick her off considering he had yet to show himself to any of them and it was making her wonder if perhaps this was all just some very bad joke.

Starsign
2010-10-03, 08:17 PM
Hearing Kannis's question who was still in the room, Aclop cried out, "There is no importance in 'where', only 'why'. Follow me and we'll find out. Or do you wish to be left in darkness?" The ghoul would prefer not for the Halfling to drag everyone else down.

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-03, 08:23 PM
The house stars shaking violently, a scream can be heard coming from the
basement.

SPOT CHECKS ALL AROUND!

loser0ll
2010-10-03, 08:37 PM
Spot Check[roll0] Initiative Check - for now, if something is coming soon, or for whenever it's needed later. [roll1]
Donovan looks around sharply at the sound of the scream. He moves quickly over to the young Vampress and whispers something in her ear, apparantly imparting some sort of secret. He points to a spot on his shirt, which shows no clear marks or special functions... but clearly has some sort of importance.

For Lucia Only
"I have a trump card - a magical token that I implanted in my own flesh. It's slightly below the skin on my stomach here. If something happens, you can safely carve it out and the wound will be non-fatal, and heal quickly, as long as you use normal steel or iron, or your bare hands. Lie it down and shout "Erovation" and it will erupt into a massive Oak - 60 feet tall, and wider than two large men standing side by side. It could easily shatter through the roof, and then you could climb it out.

Let this be your first true lesson from a Master Vampire - always have a card up your sleeve, even if you have to carve it into your own flesh. You seemed nervous - I thought you could use the reassurance of knowing that the situation is under perfect control. Keep silent about it though - three people keep a secret only when two are dead and gone. And I'd prefer to find out what is going on, as long as we have an easy escape on hand in case something goes wrong."

Starsign
2010-10-03, 08:37 PM
Spot check: [roll0]

With the sudden scream, Aclop quickly looks in every direction, checking what in the world was going on. Clopis came back to his side and leaned on his master's leg, almost as if it's terrified. Aclop takes off in hurry to the basement, feeling that something may have happened to Lucia. Clopis follows closely behind.

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-03, 08:44 PM
Kannis' roll
[roll0]

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-03, 08:51 PM
Only Kannis and Lucia notice the bleeding hole in the wall, but they do point it out to you. It's where the front door should have been, but then you see an axe slam into the wall making the hole even larger, and another scream comes from the basement, louder this time.

VirgoBushin
2010-10-03, 08:51 PM
~Lucia~

Lucia sighed as she found herself back with the others, feeling her patience beginning to leave her quicker and quicker. Where was she? Who was everyone else here? And what had she been called for? She still had yet to find out and it was beginning to ire her direly. She almost jumped a bit as the vampire spoke to her but slowly nodded. "Easier said than done for you.... you've had plenty of times to have many trump cards for yourself. Me... not so much considering I've had no one to help me with the cursed condition!" She hissed, breathing heavily as she finished. It was also then, however, she realized she'd actually spoken to someone about her past... even if only a little bit. And damn it felt good actually.

Spot Check:
[roll0]

loser0ll
2010-10-04, 08:44 AM
Evidently, Donovan gets an idea about what is going on with the bloody hole and decides to test it. He grabs his giant spear, and slams it forwards into the wall, a fair distance from the axe-hole. He does this several times, in a few random spots, trying to see if any other places bleed, or if it's only where the door used to be.
Attacking an Unmoving Object with a Melee weapon is an auto-hit if you take a round to am, so I'll just roll damage. [roll0][roll1][roll2]

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-04, 08:55 AM
Each of Donovans hits produce a bleeding hole and a slightly louder scream each time from the basement. The hole the axe has created is slightly larger then headsize, and though it you can see the head of a man who says.

"Damned mimic house is trying to eat us! QUICK! SMASH THROUGH THIS WALL!"

loser0ll
2010-10-04, 09:42 AM
Donovan sighs, evidently unhappy with having to begin using some of his best tricks in front of the others... but clearly, they need something fast and brutal, instead of merely *poke*poke*poke* methods using a pointed stick to try and carve a man-sized hole. Although... in his mist form, a man-sized hole... well, there's no point in not trying to keep the others alive for now, since he can always run later.

He moves into a strangely blank expression - but the air near him becomes noticably colder. A tiny bead of fire grows on the tip of one finger, getting hotter and hotter looking - as though all the lost heat is being stored up. He mumbles a few mystical words - each syllable causing a fine mist of blood-red vapors to trickle out of his mouth. It's almost as though he's using blood to fuel the spell.

Finally, he hurls the ball into the wall - where it expands to huge size, roasting a part of the wall in unbelievably intense flames.

Casting an Empowered Fireball, using Blood Reserves to reduce the Metamagic cost. The Reflex DC is 19, if houses get a save. [roll0]

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-04, 09:44 AM
The fireball does little but leave ash on the wall. You actually think you hear a laugh from the basement, until another hit from the axe slams into the wall and the basement screams.

EdroGrimshell
2010-10-04, 10:03 AM
"This i getting on my nerves," Nanako says, "let's go end what's causing this and we can get out of here without being digested."

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-04, 10:05 AM
"*sigh* Does no one listen to me? It's a mimic house, unless we get out it'll eat us all alive." With that he charges the wall, grabbing a hole that Donovan made with his spear and pulling apart, slowly ripping it open.

loser0ll
2010-10-04, 10:14 AM
"Fine, fine. Just stop whining. Half of us are undead - I could survive this thing trying to digest me, as long as it didn't use Holy Water for it's stomach acid. But if it will stop you from being so demanding..."
He begins gripping the same hole, and rips at it with his unnatural strength.
Strength Check 1[roll0]
Strength Check 1[roll1]
Strength Check 1[roll2]

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-04, 10:20 AM
Hatred looks at you, smiling, "You're a cheeky bastard you know that?"

The holes get noticeably larger, the females could fit though now, but not the males (the halfling could fit too)

loser0ll
2010-10-04, 03:33 PM
Okay... so we know this hole is considerably larger than Head-Sized. The ladies can go through without a problem - but most of the guys who can't shrink or change forms or turn into a mist will need to make a DC 30 Escape Artist check. With a few people using Aid Another for a +2 each, that shouldn't be too hard to pull off. At the very least, we could have 3 people on the outside pulling, and 3 more on the inside pushing/boosting. And with some Bear-sides animals helping to get the work done... it'd just take a little time. How many of us are there who will need to actually make an Escape Artist check to get out?

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-04, 03:43 PM
If everyone rips it open you could get out thataway

VirgoBushin
2010-10-04, 03:44 PM
~Lucia~

Lucia had been noting the hole in the wall and saw it continuing to get bigger. For now, it seemed to be the only way out that she noticed. She nodded a bit as she put her scythe across her back again. "Well...I don't know about you all....but when I see an opportunity... I take it...." With that, she takes a deep breath then slips in front of the vampire and, while the hole is still open, squeezes herself through it, looking around to see what was to be beyond the new opening.

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-04, 03:46 PM
Directly outside the house is what you'd expect, snow and darkness and a human shopping angrily at the house.

The axe hole would be big enough but due to it's height it'd be awkward to get through
Dexterity check, with armor penalty

Starsign
2010-10-04, 04:11 PM
As Aclop reaches the others he sees the hole that the vampiress squezzed through. He gives an order to Clopis in a language unknown to the others as the wolverine goes right in after Lucia. Aclop in the meantime draws his greatsword in order to widen the gap so everyone could get out.

During the process Aclop asks the vampire, "Where that Halfling? He should have gotten here by now!" His tone was more serious and angry than usual.

Clopis in the meantime starts getting chilly due to the cold and lack of his master. He starts tugging on Lucia's leg back to the wall, trying to give a message that she may or may not understand.

Can the wolverine Clopis get through the gap too? I can change it if that's not the case.

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-04, 04:18 PM
As Aclop reaches the others he sees the hole that the vampiress squezzed through. He gives an order to Clopis in a language unknown to the others as the wolverine goes right in after Lucia. Aclop in the meantime draws his greatsword in order to widen the gap so everyone could get out.

During the process Aclop asks the vampire, "Where that Halfling? He should have gotten here by now!" His tone was more serious and angry than usual.

Clopis in the meantime starts getting chilly due to the cold and lack of his master. He starts tugging on Lucia's leg back to the wall, trying to give a message that she may or may not understand.

Can the wolverine Clopis get through the gap too? I can change it if that's not the case.

Unless Clopis is man sized he'd fit

EdroGrimshell
2010-10-04, 04:29 PM
Nanako starts spinning her scythe lazily before slashing into the wall as well, helping to widen the openning, then dashes outside as well.

Damage: [roll0]

Starsign
2010-10-04, 04:31 PM
Unless Clopis is man sized he'd fit

I believe at best he'd be the same size as the Halfling, if not smaller. So he should fit through.

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-04, 04:31 PM
The holes wide enough now to fit a man through and Hatred and Death, both change forms and jump through.

No need to roll damage inside the House o Doom
Also SPOT CHECKS GUYS!

Starsign
2010-10-04, 04:49 PM
Seeing that the hole is satisfactory enough, Aclop moves through it to find himself back out into the cold, dark, town. He had noticed Clopis now wrapping himself around Lucia's leg, quite cold from the chilly weather.

He took one last turn around to see if the others were coming too, before turning to the bat, asking, "You seemed to know quite a bit about that house. How often have you arrived here?"

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-04, 04:51 PM
"That house I only know is a damnedable mimic. There was a house there that wasn't alive that we used for living in between towns,", fears turns into a spider. "Stupid mimics"

Starsign
2010-10-04, 04:59 PM
Aclop was listening to Fear while trying to get Clopis off Lucia's leg without needing to get physical. He tried whistling but it wasn't effective. He turned back to Fear, "A house that you use for your headquarters... Could you show me the way there? We seem to be out of ideas at the moment."

Spot check: [roll0]

loser0ll
2010-10-04, 08:47 PM
Spot [roll0]
Once the house is properly evacuated, Donovan shifts into a misty form and creeps slowly through the opening. After slipping out, he takes a moment to survey the scene from an air-born point of view, flying up a short distance. He picks the best vantage spot he can find, and begins actively looking over the area, hoping to see some clue as to what is going on.

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-04, 08:50 PM
You don't notice anything out of the ordinary, except that the house itself seems to be slowly moving away from where it was.

VirgoBushin
2010-10-04, 10:18 PM
~Lucia~

Lucia looked down as she felt something on her leg., making her hiss. She wasn't usually one for unwanted physical contact and she showed this by quickly trying to pull away. "What do you think you're doing attaching yourself to my leg?! Let go!" She figured that, due to noticing others being able to get through, the hole was probably getting bigger.

Spot Check:
[roll0]

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-04, 10:21 PM
No more spot checks needed they were to notice the foyer trying to squish you
"Okay something must be wrong, our house was replaced with a mimic..."

loser0ll
2010-10-04, 10:59 PM
Donovan floats down, and reforms into his material self. He shakes himself off, as though getting rid of an odd feeling. While he knows that his gaseous form is nearly immune to most mundane attack methods, it remains an unpleasant experience even after decades of practice and use. Some things feel unnatural, even to the undead. Or perhaps it's a side effect of being on of those who still retained elements of life - who knows?

Of course, there are other things that remain even after centuries of a Reduced Mortality Lifestyle. One of those is humor... such as seeing the half-vampire you've become interested in giving instructions have a battle of wills with the furry creature wrapping itself around her leg. Why is the creature around her leg? Not important. The important thing is that it's there, wrapped around her leg, causing her obvious discomfort.

Donovan considered grabbing the creature to pull it off, but that would probably only make the situation worse - subtlety would be needed here. So he tapped into his Vampiric powers again, drawing on another talent he had picked up along the way. He began staring at the critter with an intense gaze - not seeking to dominate it, but only to hypnotize it with his glance, so that it would be easy for Lucia to remove.

Will Save vs DC 24 to avoid being hypnotized. Don't worry - it's not mind-domination like with a normal Vampire. Just a "Wooo... sparkly eyes..." fascination that keeps you inactive and calm until I stop looking at you, or decide to drop it.

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-06, 06:22 PM
Fear, Death, and Hatred all look at eachother. "Let us be gone, if something got this far into our territory to kill us there is a problem."

Starsign
2010-10-06, 07:40 PM
Clopis Will Save: [roll0]
Huh, Nat 1... Who would have thunk it? :smalltongue:
Since Clopis made a critical failure, how long will the hypnosis last?
Donovan's gaze attracted Clopis enough for it to stop. Too much so in fact, that it froze in hypnosis, falling off Lucia's leg like a rock off a cliff. it landed in the foot-long snow, still looking into Donovan's eyes in the same position it was before.

Aclop walked over and picked up Clopis. The wolverine had not made a move aside from it's eyes, which moved to see Donovan's eyes. The ghoul put his companion on his shoulder and told the vampire, "This better not be permanent..."

loser0ll
2010-10-06, 08:03 PM
Actually, Critical Failures don't exist unless there is a special House Rule. Some DMs add them in as a flavor mechanism, but I never saw any mention of that in this game, so...
Donovan shifts his gaze up, releasing the wolverine from the hypnotic effect. The especially observant might notice that he deliberately looks slightly away from the eyes of those he speaks to. So slightly, you would probably never notice it if you hadn't seen what his eyes can do - but it's obviously a deliberate effort. The wolverine regains his ability to move, although he might still be somewhat shaken or confused by the whole experience.
"The only way it would have been permanent is if I had killed him before I broke eye contact."

Starsign
2010-10-06, 08:17 PM
As Clopis came too, it found himself shaken by Donovan's gaze, and rumbled around a bit on Aclop's shoulder before the ghoul used his arm to hold the wolverine in place until it calmed down. Aclop was not impressed with the vampire's response however. "Don't try it..."

After that, Aclop took a look at who was there. "Is everyone here?" He paused for a moment before suddenly getting agitated. "Where's that damn Halfling?"

EdroGrimshell
2010-10-06, 10:13 PM
"We should get moving, before something else tries to kill us."

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-06, 10:37 PM
Fear turns to Nanako, "I couldn't agree more" As he finishes he starts walking north, the way you were headed originally.

VirgoBushin
2010-10-07, 02:21 AM
~Lucia~

Lucia surpressed a sigh of relief from actually escaping. All the same, she did give the vampire, whose name she'd have to learn later, a bow of her head in appreciation. As the other scythe wielding girl spoke, she quickly nodded in agreement and followed behind her. Wherever they were now.. it obviously wasn't safe. Another thing.... they still had yet to have found out a real reason as to why they had been summoned here still... and it was really beginning to drive her close to losing her patience.

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-07, 02:42 AM
As Fear led the group a large skeleton husk walked up blocking the path, "State your buisnessssssss,"

VirgoBushin
2010-10-07, 04:42 AM
~Lucia~

Deciding to take the initiative and speak up first, Lucia began to do just that, "We were all supposed to have been called for here by a Lord Wrath." She crossed her arms across her chest, hoping either it knew what or whom she was referring to or.... though she doubted it.... this was the man who'd asked for their presence. Either way, as long as she began to get answers soon, that was all that would matter to her.

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-07, 04:44 AM
Fear turns "Yes called by the greatest of evils. Why? We know not"

Starsign
2010-10-07, 07:47 PM
While rather bored with discussions, Aclop walked up to the skeleton and told it. "Why do you block this path when we have all been invited by Wrath? We have seen many come, armies in fact. It makes little sense why you stay, yet we all go." Aclop was getting tired of mindless treking. He wanted the reason why they got a message. He wanted to know if this was just a herring that means nothing in the end, or an actual serious threat that must be attended..

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-08, 12:57 AM
"Wrath needsss gaurdsss to protect hisss citiesss. Move along," The skeleton sinks into the ground
disappearing entirely

VirgoBushin
2010-10-08, 06:09 AM
~Lucia~

Lucia blinked. That....was it? For real? As the skeleton disappeared, she shook her head in utter disbelief. This damn well better be worth it.... She thought, still taken aback at what she'd just heard. She sighed as she looked around, wondering exactly why a Lord of all people who need help such as herself and the others? Why would they be worth his time and effort as opposed to anyone else he could have asked for assistance? There damn well better be a good reason... at least she was certain there would be one eventually. Someone better reimburse me...with a lot of coins....or else.... She merely thought as she continued walking through the city.

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-08, 06:14 AM
Fear trudges on, head hung low. You walk for a few hours before arriving at a magnificent (to evil) black tower, corpses hang from hooks on the towers outer wall, demons patrol the surrounding territory, a bright red light shines atop the tower.

EdroGrimshell
2010-10-08, 09:52 AM
Nanako shivers, while she was evil herself, this kind of evil was not what she was about. She would go through anyone to complete her goals, by any means necessary, but this, this was just evil for evil's sake, it made her uncomfortable. She continued to walk beside Fear, remaining silent, lest anyone notice the quiver that would surely be in her voice.

VirgoBushin
2010-10-08, 10:14 AM
~Lucia~

As Lucia glanced around, she couldn't help but notice the other scythe wielding girl seemed anxious. To many extents, she couldn't blame her. Even she had limits on how....violent she usually was. This....this was just pure insanity, something she herself didn't have. Not yet anyways. She slowly walked beside the girl, trying to give her what she hoped to be a reassuring enough nod. "I've got your back....." She murmured, trying to keep her own tone as calm as possible despite the circumstances and now new environment.

EdroGrimshell
2010-10-08, 10:23 AM
Nanako, startled by the comment, just nods, before saying in a weak tone, "And i have yours." She looks back at the crowd, "It's odd that i'm the only living person to be called."

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-08, 02:02 PM
A demon walks up to the group, "You must be the ones of which Wrath spoke, Follow me.". The demon walks to the door, on either side of the door stands two twelve foot tall statues, or so they seem till one moves. The demon walks inside and up stairs many many stairs, a seemingly never ending amount he finally stops at a door that is none the less hovering 15 feet away, over a never ending nothingness, "If you are the ones Wrath called, you can walk across this gap without falling.

EdroGrimshell
2010-10-08, 02:05 PM
Nanako takes the initiative and walks straight across the gap.

Starsign
2010-10-08, 04:04 PM
Finally relieved that they we getting somewhere, Aclop looked down at the gap. Clopis did too, only to suddenly turn around and try leaving in terror. Aclop took another sign and told the wolverine, ``Clutch onto me, I`ll cross so you don`t have to.`` At that, the wolverine ran up Aclop and latched onto his head. Checking the others to see if they were making a giggle at this awkward sight, Aclop walked after Nanako, not willing to look back to see if Lucia and Donovan were too cowardly to take a risk.

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-08, 04:27 PM
You both cross the gap without flaw, the ground turns red where you step, flashing brightly.

VirgoBushin
2010-10-08, 05:24 PM
~Lucia~

Before she crossed the gap, Lucia gave her a wry smile before quickly managing to speak the words, "Technically....you're not actually." As she herself was only half vampire because she hadn't been finished turning, she still had many of her human traits, one of which she'd been feeling since she'd arrived here; her racing heart between fear and anger. As she watched the others, she soon followed after Aclop had finished. If he and the other girl had made it across, she saw no reason she should fear walking. Looking only straight ahead and not even down once, she began walking.

Starsign
2010-10-08, 05:39 PM
Aclop waited as Lucia crossed the gap. Clopis unlatched itself from Aclop`s head and jumped down to the ground, scouring for something to eat possibly. As soon as Lucia crossed, he turned his gaze away from his wolverine companion and said, ``You were scared, wern`t you...``

Ugh, sorry. Something`s up with my keyboard. Gimme a few moments...

loser0ll
2010-10-08, 05:45 PM
When they come within view of the gigantic black tower, Donovan has mixed emotions about it. While he understands the value of a huge, dark tower that dominates the landscape both physically (the sheer size of it!) and psychologically (the corpses littered in an almost artistic way) there are certainly lines where you cross beyond "efficient" and "wastefully cruel and destructive" with your acts.

At the evidently-invisible bridge, he crosses shortly behind Lucia. While he walks behind her, he decided to wisper a second bit of information concerning Vampirism.
"This is a lesson that I never learned from a master, but instead picked up from seeing the fall of many masters, including my own. Never let yourself believe Time is your friend - many Vampires fall into this trap, feeling their lack of a strict lifespan to be purely a blessing. But really... time cuts you as deeply as any. Because the hunger forces us beyond true Good - but things like this are not something a bloodlust could be blamed for. This is the sign of one who has lost to time, spiritually if not physically."

As a side note, he also keeps a hand ready to grab her should the bridge give out - you never know who might not have complete faith in semi-humans...

VirgoBushin
2010-10-08, 05:53 PM
~Lucia~

Lucia nodded as she continued walking across, whispering back a barely audible, "Thanks.... I'll keep that in mind." While it was negative, she would still keep to her word, knowing he was right unfortunately. Though she'd already begun to have found that out the hard way.

As she finished crossing, she laughed at Aclop's question. "Me? Scared? That's quite amusing.... but no, I wasn't. I have worse things to fear." She dared not shudder as her assailant flashed through her head. It was but for a couple seconds.... and yet all the same it was enough. She waited for the vampire and any others who hadn't crossed to do so, going back beside the girl.

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-08, 05:56 PM
You all hurry across the bridge and out the door, to your surprise the only thing you see is a rabbit with a horn on it's head sitting on a giant red pillow.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_22WAVvvnpfo/Sx0f96zRjrI/AAAAAAAAGGw/rkjgp1mOdgQ/s400/Almiraj.jpg

EdroGrimshell
2010-10-08, 06:11 PM
"A-A rabbit?"

VirgoBushin
2010-10-08, 06:19 PM
~Lucia~

Lucia had had enough. First they'd all been dragged here and now they find this...this....rabbit of all things?! "Okay! Seriously! What....what joke is this?!" She hissed angrily, her lack of appetite wasn't helping her much either. "I demand to see this damn Lord Wrath now! Stop playing games with me! Show yourself and explain yourself what you want from me!" She would have said "us" save she didn't want to risk speaking for the others then something bad would happen just because of her anger. Her hand rested on her scythe in case she needed it soon as her eyes continued angrily darting around, waiting for any hints of this Lord Wrath to show up or at least someone or something else.

loser0ll
2010-10-08, 06:27 PM
Donovan looks around. "Fear the Spider. Hatred the Lizard. So on and so forth... and now have we reached, by chance, Wrath the Bunny? Or is this actually a joke of some sort?"

EdroGrimshell
"I-I think that is Wrath."

KingOfLaughter
You hear a laugh, "Are my pranks really that bad? Hmmf" With that the rabbit turns into a Tarrasque, it lumbers over you, "YOU ARRIVE MY CHILDREN! MOST WONDERING WHY I HAVE CALLED YOU TO MY DOOR STEP. i NEED YOU TO HUNT DOWN AND KILL THE LEADER OF THE UNDEAD TAINT!"

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/mm_gallery/Tarrasque.jpg

EdroGrimshell
2010-10-08, 06:34 PM
"Never pictured an evil leader as a prankster tarrasque. A pleasure to meet you lord Wrath." Nanako bows, "May i ask who the leader of the taint is?"

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-08, 06:40 PM
"I'm not sure really." He turns into a human, wearing only a pair of shorts. "He or she has been blocking my scrying attempts."

VirgoBushin
2010-10-08, 06:44 PM
~Lucia~

As the rabbit drastically shifted it's form, she looked upward. Sure enough, as the girl thought, it was indeed Lord Wrath. "Well....yes....when you...." She shook her head, deciding that even if she went on about feeling as though she'd been dragged here, it wouldn't matter right now. All that did was whatever it wanted to be killed could be done so she could leave and go back to her normal life. "Fine...what she asked then....who do you need help with?" At least the job was an assassination one, which made her happy as those were her specialties. Upon hearing his answer, she frowned. "So someone who's good at blocking magic basically? Do you have any leads at all?" She asked, hoping to get an answer to that at least.

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-08, 06:47 PM
"The taint originated in the center of the human lands, so, kill everything up there. I guess" He then shifts into a demon lion.

Starsign
2010-10-08, 06:54 PM
Aclop looked onto the rabbit turned tarrasque. Clopis tried stepping forward to greet Wrath back ran behind the ghoul's leg when he transformed. Aclop remained quiet as he listened to the others discuss the plan. "This is absurd..." he thought to himself, "Hardly any matter of pleasantries or royal manners. This is the great Wrath?"

Getting that of his mind, Aclop stepped forward and asked, "The human lands? Such a taint exists all the way there? I ask if this is not a herring we are taking for just your own desires..." Clopis, more than willing to stay away from Wrath, ran off from Aclop's leg to Lucia's... again.

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-08, 06:56 PM
"I wish this were for my own pleasure, by it is not. Something is genuinely being evil over there and no one over here likes it." Wrath shifts again, this time into a mix of a squid and a lion.

VirgoBushin
2010-10-08, 07:20 PM
~Lucia~

"And our destination would be in which direction?" As she finished speaking, she felt something around her leg...again. As she looked quickly down, she saw it to be Clopis. "Pray...tell me...is there any specific reason you like my leg?" She asked in a hushed voice, half-truly curious and partly annoyed he kept choosing her of all people. For now though, she'd endure it. Her gaze went back up as she awaited an answer from Lord Wrath.

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-08, 07:25 PM
"To the south, far to the south,. Well not that far, not from here, it's only a few days travel. Unless the worlds changed, which happens alot, hermmm, perhaps it has..."

Starsign
2010-10-08, 07:39 PM
Aclop turned away from Wrath to see Clopis on Lucia's leg. The ghoul covered his face with his hand for a moment before walking over to the vampiress, letting the wolverine climb up on Aclop's shoulder. He whispered quietly to Lucia,

Lucia only
"He is rather young and naive for a wolverine. You seem to be the farthest from the lord, which my friend seems rather terrified of."

VirgoBushin
2010-10-08, 07:44 PM
~Lucia~

Lucia smirked. "Really? Well...he has interesting taste considering he could be further from the truth... but if he wants to think that, I'll let him." She chuckled at the irony of how much closer she was, in her eyes, to this Lord Wrath as opposed to the other scythe wielding girl. After all, she killed for a living... she was sure this Lord Wrath was merciless... or at least imagined him as that. Speaking of faces and such, she'd need to get names later on, especially the other girl's. She frowned again as he admitted he was unsure of if the lands had changed or not. "Either way....south is south. We should find something eventually." And with that, she began heading to where they had been directed. Hopefully she'd find food soon... she really was still irritable and hungry.

(Speaking of food and hungry, that describes me and Tsume now so gonna head out. Ja ne for now all!)

Starsign
2010-10-08, 08:01 PM
Aclop, feeling that this "meeting" was done, stated, "If you have no further information, we should be on our way." This whole thing felt like it fell flat on their faces as soon as they were told to come to the castle. Why wasn't it possible to simply tell them the problem rather than head to an area and nearly get eaten by a giant house? The ghoul gave a small glare to his wolverine, stating that Clopis should be more courageous from now on.

EdroGrimshell
2010-10-08, 08:19 PM
Nanako gives another bow before following the rest of the party, remaining silent.

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-11, 12:37 AM
As you walk out of the door you find yourself not at the top of the stairs, but inside a circular white stone room. A door on the far side but not one behind you.

EdroGrimshell
2010-10-11, 10:33 AM
"Sometimes, even a mage hates magic," Nanako says blandly walking over to the other door.

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-11, 11:13 AM
The door moves slightly but won't open.

Starsign
2010-10-11, 11:19 AM
Aclop took a look at the door, "Someone doesn't want us to leave..." He tries using his strength to open it as much as possible. Clopis meanwhile tries to squeeze through the door.

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-11, 11:26 AM
You can roll a strength check for me! :D THE GODS DEMAND IT!

There's no way for anything to get past the door runs flush with the walls roof and floor, it also doesn't have a handle with which to grab, it seems nly to be pushable.

Starsign
2010-10-11, 11:36 AM
Strength check [roll0]

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-11, 11:38 AM
The door pushes outward and you can hear cracks coming from the middle of the door against the wall, a bit more and it should break.

Starsign
2010-10-11, 12:02 PM
Aclop hears the door breaking. He gives it his all and tries to break the door apart!

[roll0]

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-11, 12:04 PM
You slam into the door and it cracks some more but it still manages to hold itself together.

Starsign
2010-10-11, 12:10 PM
Strength Check again: [roll0]

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-11, 12:16 PM
The door finally shudders and breaks, the other side being a room, 20ft by 20ft, on the wall across from you is a chest, an either wall to the right and left there is also a chest, all in the center of their respective walls. each chest is plain, wooden, and about 2ftx1ftx1ft. The room itself is rather barren, nothing on the ground beside the chests, the walls are plain white stone, the roof is a wooden one, implying there is another floor above.

Starsign
2010-10-11, 12:19 PM
Aclop breaks a block of wood as he enters the new room. One thing he liked about his ghoulish form was his abilities that came with it. He found a lack of interests in the chests, instead looking up to see the roof. Aclop turns around to the rest of the party and asks, "One of you throw me to the roof. I'll bring it down so we can advance."

VirgoBushin
2010-10-11, 09:35 PM
~Lucia~

"Sure. I will." She said, getting beside Aclop, lowering both her hands towards his feet. She would wait for him to put his feet in her hands then toss him upward, as if a cheerleader would toss up her comrade in the air.

(Sorry...been out of it lately. I think I'm getting sick or something.... but how would this work? Do I need to do a Strength check to make sure it [the toss] works?)

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-12, 02:21 AM
Yes a strength check would be needed

VirgoBushin
2010-10-12, 06:50 AM
~Lucia~

"Alright.... ready?" She asked, making sure her wrists were positioned directly underneath his feet as she made sure she had what she believed to be a firm grip. "Here goes!" Without another word, she raised her arms up. If this worked out well, she'd be able to reach the roof and.... punch it out? Whatever Aclop had in mind, he'd be able to do it so long as this worked properly.

Strength Check:
[roll0]

Starsign
2010-10-12, 07:02 AM
Drawing his greatsword, Aclop is watched by Clopis and the others as he is sent flying by Lucia. Aclop stabs through the roof with his sword, then, while keeping one hand held on the blade, he uses his feet and spare hand to break holes into the roof, attempting to create a hole big enough either to squeeze through or to bring it down entirely.

Did I actually reach the roof? Did I happen to smash through it due to Lucia's lifting? :smalltongue: Will I need to make a strength check or two?

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-12, 03:12 PM
Aclop reaches the roof but his sword bounces off, as though striking into stone or metal and he falls.

Reflex save?!?!

Starsign
2010-10-12, 03:49 PM
[roll0] I don't feel like typing right now...

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-12, 04:04 PM
Aclop falls but manages to catch himself and he lands standing not on his back.

EdroGrimshell
2010-10-12, 04:21 PM
"Maybe we should check these," Nanako taps her scythe against the chest closest to her. She then spins her scythe and slams the unbladed side of it into the chest, cracking it open.

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-12, 04:28 PM
The chest lid bends down with the blow and then shoots open, inside it lies not the insides of a chest, but instead you see the thing you fear most. It beckons you, drawing you into the chest.

Nanako requires a will save.

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-12, 04:31 PM
The chest continues to beckon you, drawing you closer towards it.

Everyone else notices Nanako slowly and mindlessly walking towards the chest, staring into it.

Yet another Will save.

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-12, 04:35 PM
Nanako stumbles backwards, confused, and shakes her head. The chest slams shut, sensing her no longer being under it's spell.

Starsign
2010-10-12, 04:53 PM
Finding himself embarrassingly falling, Aclop catches himself and lands safely on the ground, though agitated by his failure. Not caring for Nanako's condition, Aclop asks, "Anyone else have an idea on where to go?" as he is unaware of his wolverine Clopis nibbling on the other chest that Nanako didn't open.

VirgoBushin
2010-10-17, 10:57 AM
~Lucia~

As Lucia looked upward at the ceiling after trying to toss Aclop up, she tilted her head aside a bit. If there was a floor above, should there not be a set of stairs somewhere nearby? "Hm....maybe the most obvious answer is hiding beneath our nose, per say..." She murmured, tapping her index finger against her cheek before nodding after a bit and beginning to feel around on the walls for any hidden levers or switches.

Search Check (For Hidden Switches/Anything of the Like:)
[roll0]

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-17, 10:58 AM
Lucia finds nothing except the three chests which she bangs her shins off of a few times.

EdroGrimshell
2010-10-18, 01:57 PM
"My guess is one of the chests ... just ... not the one i opened," she says with a shiver.

Starsign
2010-10-18, 04:35 PM
Aclop gave a sigh at his fail of his plan. The party seemed stuck right now with no clue where to go. He made a turn to see Clopis nibbling on another chest. As Aclop spoke in a nature language using a tone to indicate to move away from the chest, the wolverine slipped and ended up yanking the chest open. Aclop gave a face palm to his head due to that failure.

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-18, 04:42 PM
Listen Chalks!

VirgoBushin
2010-10-18, 05:15 PM
~Lucia~

As Nanako spoke, Lucia looked down at the untouched chest, tilting her head aside. "Hm....she may have a good point." She said, carefully beginning to walk towards it.

Listen Check (For Hidden Switches/Anything of the Like:)
[roll0]

Starsign
2010-10-18, 09:55 PM
Listen Check: [roll0]