PDA

View Full Version : Costume/Cosplay Thread!

Maximum Zersk
2010-10-02, 12:36 AM
So, since the other threads seems to have disappeared, how about a new one, eh?

So, costumes! Anyone have any costumes you have made? Or how about a cosplay? Posting pictures would be cool! And, hell, you could ask questions about making them, too!

As for myself, I may-or-may-not be making a costume for the upcoming Halloween of a certain Solar Exalted from a certain webcomic that has certain key-like objects. And I wonder if one could tell me where I could find wigs for said costume.

Nameless
2010-10-02, 10:08 AM
I'm planning on being highly original* and making a Mad Hatter costume for the MCM Expo in October. I have a lot of what I need, but I still need to buy contact lenses and a hat.

*Sarcasm intended.

Castaras
2010-10-02, 10:15 AM
http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/218/1/d/hatter__s_new_look_by_bri_chan.jpg

That Mad Hatter? :smalltongue:

Nameless
2010-10-02, 10:37 AM
http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/218/1/d/hatter__s_new_look_by_bri_chan.jpg

That Mad Hatter? :smalltongue:

Nah, my own little version. More fun that way. :smalltongue:

BisectedBrioche
2010-10-02, 10:54 AM
I'm still working on my Disgaea Thief crossplay. Just last night I finished converting some aluminium drink cans into aluminium sheet metal to make the body out of. I've also bought some paint and some elastic.

All I need to do now is work out a net and I can finally get the goggles done.

Haruki-kun
2010-10-02, 04:08 PM
I'm trying to pull off an Edward Elric Costume. I just need to lose a little weight before halloween. :smalltongue:

I already have the cape, need gloves. Since my hair is long and blonde, it shouldn't be too hard to pull off.

Dr.Epic
2010-10-02, 07:43 PM
I'm trying to pull off an Edward Elric Costume. I just need to lose a little weight before halloween. :smalltongue:

I already have the cape, need gloves. Since my hair is long and blonde, it shouldn't be too hard to pull off.

I loved watching FMA in high school. For a brief period of time it was my obsession to make an automail arm (not like working mechanical parts, just plate armor that looked like the show's). Brotherhood is good too, but the first dozen episodes seem like FMA abridged, though I do know the plot does eventually differ from that of the anime.

As for myself, I got two ideas and I'm going with whatever is easier to make:

First Choice: Kick-Ass; is there any more kick-ass costume?:smallbiggrin: I loved the film and identified a little bit with the title character. As for making it, I have enough sowing skills to make a body suit out of some sort of fabric (not sure what I'd use, whatever looks good from the selection at Jo-Ann Fabrics). Those strips look difficult to add. Any tips on how to do this?

Second Choice: Bladezz; out of the main 6, he's the character from the Guild I most relate too (but really, look at the other characters: three girls (one a neglectful mother, another a wicked college stupid that puts stickers on everything, Codex (I kind of relate to her but I don't feel like dressing up as her)), and for the male characters...a stalker and, well, Vork). I relate to Bladezz in that we're both students, we're both kind of cocky, and we both have delusions of grandeur. Also, I look kind of like him (in that we have similar skin tones and mildly long brown hair). His costume looks easy enough to make: just cut out the right designs unless I'm missing something.

So, thoughts on my ideas?

CrimsonAngel
2010-10-02, 08:06 PM
http://guildwars.wikia.com/wiki/Elementalist_Elite_Luxon_armor Something like the male version. I'd probably have to get someone else to make it, though. There's a business that makes costumes for people, right?

Rae Artemi
2010-10-02, 08:13 PM
The one time I've actually cosplayed I cheated and went as Rae, who I already sort of modeled after myself. I did build myself a wooden sword and buy a Kirby though, so it wasn't an entirely lazy cosplay.

Maximum Zersk
2010-10-04, 08:02 PM

Do eet, then post pictures. :P

Hey can anyone guess what legwear and footwear Thrice-Radiant (First Age) Misho is wearing? (http://keychain.patternspider.net/archive/koc0329.html)

Gullara
2010-10-04, 10:28 PM
Do eet, then post pictures. :P

Hey can anyone guess what legwear and footwear Thrice-Radiant (First Age) Misho is wearing? (http://keychain.patternspider.net/archive/koc0329.html)

Um, green?

Rowsen
2010-10-04, 11:04 PM
I'm planning on going the the WoW:Cataclysm launch as a Ghoul. Should be fun

Maximum Zersk
2010-10-04, 11:09 PM
Um, green?

I meant type of wear. :smalltongue:

I can sorta tell now that the pants is skirt-like, but I can't tell at all what the shoes are. Sandals?

Gullara
2010-10-05, 12:55 AM
I meant type of wear. :smalltongue:

I can sorta tell now that the pants is skirt-like, but I can't tell at all what the shoes are. Sandals?

I think that sandals would fit based on the rest of the clothes.

Maximum Zersk
2010-10-05, 01:40 AM
Well, I found out from Jukashi that they're shoes. Very comfortable shoes. Thanks anyway, though!

BisectedBrioche
2010-10-05, 09:30 AM
I'm having trouble working out the net for the goggles.

I was planning on cutting each frame, two loops to attach a strap to and a bridge out separately and leave tabs I could fold together to make things easier while I glued them. The problem is working out how to attach everything without leaving a visible seam's a nightmare.

I wish I had access to proper materials and tools.

Plus I still haven't though of anything I could easily get that I could use for padding (so I don't have bare metal pressing against my skin if I wear them normally).