PDA

View Full Version : Vampire: TM “One of Us” IC-Thread

Pages : 1 [2]

Trenchfoot
2011-02-20, 04:34 PM
Maks

Maksimilian averts his eyes from the flames, and does his best to suppress a chuckle. Yet again, that madman Malcolm was solving his problems by 'killing it with fire', and Llaars was charging ahead like the noble knights of old. He was really starting to like these guys.

Just hanging tight up here fellas. I've got a bad feeling.

Gull
2011-02-20, 07:08 PM
Malcolm dropped the print and cup and leapt backwards, careful to avoid Newsreader's frantic flapping.
"Ready for your closeup Mr. Newsreader? Huh? That's what you get, you berk!" he yelled at the burning vampire as he ripped off the red and blue 3d glasses. He had been luckier than he had planned. Newsreader was still wearing his halloween costume, and if there was anything that burned and burned painfully, it was the vinyl and other cheap synthetics that crap like that was made from.
Sparing a glance over at Llaars and Gary, Malcolm grinned and pulled open his jacket with one hand while drawing out his switchblade from the inside pocket with the other.
"How's that for a cunnin' plan, eh lads?" he asked conversationally as he pulled open the car door, pulling Amanda out.

Nanoblack
2011-02-20, 11:40 PM
Llaars

The brute ignores the witticisms of his companion and growls in disgust a Gary's inattentiveness. With rage so profound, there was only one thing that came to mind that would be a fitting retribution for the threats Gary has put on his life. His jaw pops as he almost unhinges it rearing back, and lunges with purpose toward his creators jugular.

Times like this make me wish I had invested in dex. In any case, I'm attempting a bite.
Dex+Brawl:[roll0] I suppose potence would add to this as well.

Ichneumon
2011-02-21, 03:27 PM
The fabric of Newreader's costume starts melting and searing to his skin. His eyes are filled with both terror and hatred. He looks at Malcolm, waving his arms and repeating 1 word:"You! You! You!"

Then, he suddenly seems to have found new hope or strength. He charges at Malcolm, trying to grab him: "If I die, I'll take you with me!"

[I'm not sure how to simulate this in dice rolls. I think it's most fair if both you and Newsreader do a Strength + Brawl check. If you succeed, you evade him. If he succeeds, he holds you and you'll ignite as well. Of course, if you don't agree, just say so and we'll do something else.]

Newsreader's Strength + Brawl: [roll0]

[Newsreader also suffers a further 3 damage.]

Gary doesn't see Llaars coming and Llaars sinks his teeth in him like if a knife in a warm piece of butter. [dealing 4 damage]

"Ah!"

He tries to beat Llaars away from him with his fist:

Strength (3) + Brawl (1) =[roll1]

At that moment, Maks sees in the distance in a dark alley the lights of a car going on and hears the engines warming up.

Trenchfoot
2011-02-21, 05:53 PM
Maks

At the sight of the car, Maks' senses are on high-alert. He angles his legs back and forth like a cat ready to pounce... for that was exactly what he was going to do! With the few precious seconds he has, he visibly swells, tightening the vitae in his muscles and legs. With a roaring battle cry, he leaps from the top of the crane as the car comes close, landing like a powerful meteor onto hood of the car and brandishing his claws and fangs at whoever was driving it.

As I'm not quite in combat yet, I'd like to take two rounds to spend blood to increase my stats. I'm spending one blood point to increase Dexterity by 1 point, and 1 blood point to increase Strength. These will both last for the entire scene. If you would like to limit me to only one stat in the time before the car gets close, then I will increase Dexterity. In any case, I am taking a Jump action (page 202) to leap and land on the hood of the car, coming down with all my weight on top of the engine block and in front of the front windshield. As I do not have any room to run, I am only able to use Strength and Potence to jump effectively.

[roll0]
+ 2 successes from Potence.

Okay, with 4 feet horizontal per success (difficulty 3 as per the rules), that's 2 rolled successes (the 1 cancels a success) and 2 Potence for 16 feet of horizontal distance from the top of that crane onto the car. I'm no physicist, but hopefully that lets me make it. Whatever the case, I'll also roll Dex+Athletics to help me secure a landing if I should somehow miss.

Ichneumon
2011-02-23, 05:58 PM
Maks jumps on the front of the car. The driver seems shocked and losed the control of the car for a few seconds, causing the car to move uncontrolled to the left and right. Inside the car, you see a group of 3 men and a VERY big and angry looking dog on a leash. All the 3 men are wearing halloween masks. The two who are not driving the car, hold big machine guns.

Trenchfoot
2011-02-23, 06:50 PM
Maks

The Gangrel snorts, guessing that these men were back-up for Llaars' sire. He saw that the driver was having trouble keeping control after his startling leap, and Maks takes the opportunity. With one powerful strike, Maks punches through the glass windshield to strike the driver in the face, and then haphazardly rolls away. He hopes to catch the driver when he was pulling left or right, and not straight on. Otherwise, it might rocket straight into his kin!

Alrighty, suppose I'll be rolling a Strike action here, Dex+Brawl, and then Strength for damage. Some of the Strength successes will be used to get through the glass and his him hard enough to do at least some damage.

Dex+Brawl: [roll0]
Strength: [roll1] + 2 successes from Potence, +1 automatic success form a burned Willpower Point.

I'll also roll Stamina+Fortitude now in case I take any damage from the glass or from rolling into the dirt.

[roll2]

And finally, a Dex+Athletics roll to stick the landing.

[roll3]

Crossin mah fingers and editing my sheet to reflect the burned WP.

Ichneumon
2011-02-25, 11:12 AM
Maks strikes through the glass. He fails to hit the driver, but it does manage to make him lose control of the driving wheel and the car crashes into a large stack of boxes filled with fish. Max lands hard on the ground, but takes no real damage.

The three men inside might not be so lucky:

Driver: Stamina = [roll0]
Other Guy #1: Stamina = [roll1]
Other Guy #2: Stamina = [roll2]
Dog: Stamina = [roll3]

(Their actions will depend on the roll results and will be posted in the next post.0

Ichneumon
2011-02-25, 11:35 AM
The drive and Other Guy #2 jump out of the car. The drive loads his machine gun with a big grin. "I already though we were lucky when we caught the priest."

The other holds the dog, who violenlty pulls the leash and seems very much wanting to kill and charge at one of you. "I guess this is our lucky week! Go get them, Ludwig!" And he let's the dog go, who charges at Maks and tries to bite and tear him apart:

Bite: Strength (3) + Brawl (3) = [roll0]

Trenchfoot
2011-02-25, 12:01 PM
Maks

Maks snarls as the dog whips about on his leg, rending the flesh there. The undead monstrosity cares not; let the dog tear at him! The driver with the machine-gun was a far more deadly threat. Maks steps in swiftly, wondering what the model of the weapon was as he strikes it from the man's hands with an upward kick.

The rules specify Dex+Melee for a disarm, but as I'm not trying to knock away a sword or knife with my hand, using Brawl to kick a weapon away should be acceptable. In any case, Dex+Brawl to disarm the machine-gun guy and kick his weapon up and away (preferably onto a roof if my successes are high enough). Rules for this are on page 211 of the core rulebook. Subtracting one from my pool of 9, making it 8.

[roll0]

Ichneumon
2011-02-25, 12:06 PM
Maks succeeds in disarming the guy. He kicks the gun out of his hands, he yells and pulls his hand to his torso, likely from the pain of the kick. The machine gun falls into a large open crate of dead fish and (slowly) sinks deeper and deeper.

Nanoblack
2011-02-25, 04:54 PM
Llaars

Not relenting his grip in the slightest, Llaars gnashes his teeth and continues to shred his sires flesh. Gary would meet his end here tonight, and with his so shall the threat against his sister.

Another bite: [rollv]9d10[rollv]+2 from potence

Ichneumon
2011-02-26, 03:50 AM
Everything somehow seem to slow down, in slow motion you all observe multiple events take place at the same time. This would be such a moment where normally your heart would thump in your throat, but after two days of being dead, the absence doesn’t really surprise you anymore.

Malcolm’s clothes start catching fire as Newsreader gives him a fiery hug. The fire spreads quickly, dealing 1 damage [the larger parts of your body start being exposed, the more damage it will deal]. The beginning of a strange sort of smile appears on Newsreaders face, but fate doesn’t allow him to make one last punchline before the fire consumes him. He loosens the grip, falls to the ground and his skin starts withering away. He nods to Malcolm, as if wanting to say: “You’ve won, fair and square.” Turning to ashes, his costume keeps burning long after the rest of his body is only dust.

Gary doesn’t have time to look at Newsreader as he struggles wildly to get free from Llaars’ his bite. Llaars doesn’t let go, just bites deeper and deeper, enraged by the thoughts of him hurting his sister. You broke his nose a few days ago, but this time, you’ll break him… permanently. Gary starts screaming and making jerks with his limbs. Suddenly he stops resisting and he falls “life-less” to the ground, in a pool of blood. The body quickly starts aging, his hairs turn grey, his skin turns old.

And that’s how the game ends for Gary and Newsreader. They’ll never finish the movie or complete the game of D&D Miniature Battles they started and dragged you into.

You guys gaze over the shipyard. There are two cars, the one Newsreader and Gary arrived in and the one these Halloween-mask wearing freaks arrived in. That one has crashed into a stack of frozen dead fish and the fish and (now melting) ice are scattered all over the concrete.

The hunter who’s machine gun got kicked out of his hands has pulled off his halloween mask, to better see the show of Gary and Newsreader dying. He looks fascinated. He has an old face, maybe in his early 60s? Long white hair. You now notice that all the masks they wear are bird themed. His was shaped like the face of an owl. The dog also pauzes his attacks, watching the two vampires turn to dust.

Nanoblack
2011-02-26, 11:47 AM
Llaars

Just a moment ago his body felt flaming, almost alive with warmth from the rush of the kill, but now all Llaars could do is shiver as the last of Gary's ashes blew away. The noise of the car crash hadn't caught his attention earlier, but the sudden absence of noise made him turn his head toward the masked men.

Seeing the bad wounds on Maks, Llaars shakes off the last of his hesitation and rushes, once more, headlong into the fray.

If I can reach it this turn:Seeing the crack on the windshield, Llaars decides to finish the job by diving through and into whoever is within.

I suppose that would be another tackle, but just let me know if this isn't possible. [roll0]+2 from potence

Ichneumon
2011-02-26, 01:46 PM
Llaars jumps through the window of the car [you're damage is neglectable] and smashes right into the last remaining masked man. [he takes 1 damage] He flies to the back of the car and falls hard on small plastic box. It breaks and a swarm of white (albino) months escapes from the box. They fly very vividly, quickly trying to escape out of the car.

The man reacts shocked: "No! Not the specimens!"

The large cloud of insects distracts Llaars for a moment and the man manages to grab his machine gun, lying next to him: "I wouldn't make a move now, vampire."

The other men outside see the moths swarm inside the car and seem to panic: "No! They must not escape!"

The dog jumps at Maks again, this time trying to unbalance him,knocking him on the ground. [I think, you should roll a Dex + Athletics versus the dogs Strength + Brawl.. Strength (3) + Brawl (3) = [roll0] ]

The old white haired man, take a stiletto knife out of his pocket. He shouts at the other man: "Go to the car and make sure as few escape as possible. I'll deal with the blood-suckers!"

The other man rushes to the car, takes off his coat and tries to prevent the moths from escaping the car.

Trenchfoot
2011-02-26, 02:40 PM
Maks

Even with the dog leaping at him, Maks' attention is fixed on the box full of unholy horrors that had suddenly taken flight! In a wild panic, he kicks and scratches to flee in the opposite direction, shouting "Sweet christmas it's DEMONS!! WILD DEMONS!! MONSTERS!!!"

Dex+Athletics, -1 from wounds.
[roll0]

Ichneumon
2011-02-27, 02:47 PM
Fire burns in Maks' body. Fear, it's one of the most powerful emotions you've felt in the past days. It strengthens you. You're body turns solid, like a rock and the dog, not expecting such a resistance, falls to the ground, howling confused.

By the time he looks up, you're already long gone, fleeing the scene.

Nanoblack
2011-02-27, 04:27 PM
Llaars

Stunned by Maks' sudden cowardice, he takes a moment to speak. "Really?!" After that is seems the threat of being treated to a mouthful of machine gun rounds grabs his attention. "I think you might have the wrong idea about this situation." Making a grab for both the mans wrists, he uses his unearthly strength to grind his bones to pulp.

I guess that would be a clinch? Str+Brawl:[roll0]+2 potence
EDIT: O_O

Ichneumon
2011-02-27, 04:40 PM
The man screams in terror as you grab his wrists, quick and tightly. "Noooaaa Aaaaaahfh yaaaagh!"
Tears apear in his eye.

In pain he drops the machine gun on the floor.

I'm... not even going to make a roll for that. That's an amazing roll you did there.

Trenchfoot
2011-02-27, 04:42 PM
Maks

The Gangrel continues to sprint wildly, leaping over boxes and crates like he was running a 100 meter hurdle!

Ichneumon
2011-02-27, 04:56 PM
Maks reaches a couple of empty store houses. Except for a couple of parked loading trucks, a few crates and the occasional rat, there is nothing there.

The man wielding a stiletto gazes at the direction the Maks went. "What demons?" He asks confused, mostly talking to himself. "The one monsters I see, are vampires like you." He seems troubled, looking around from left to right. "What did he mean?"

Nanoblack
2011-02-27, 08:13 PM
Llaars

Holding the man tightly, Llaars realizes his current situation and attempts to remedy it. Pulling his victim to shield him from stray gunfire, he questions his assailants. "Hold on guys, before we start killing each other, lets find out who's on who's side. What the hell were you doing watching us? And how did you find out about this meeting?"

It just occurred to me but did I gain any blood points from biting Gary? Or is that a separate maneuver?

Gull
2011-02-27, 08:30 PM
Malcolm screamed, in rage or fear, he wasn't quite sure. The fire was horrible. It was the worst thing in the world. There was nothing worse than flames.
But mixed in with the terror was the anger, the hatred. He had planned so well, so elaborately. He had destroyed his enemy.
But he got you too. You, and your beautiful suit.
Malcolm tore the burning jacket from his back, knife gripped with a deadly intensity. He looked morosely at the burning jacket, the wool blackened with melted vinyl. Seventy-two pounds, it had cost him. Ben Sherman, Camden fit. Plum tonic.
"Bastard!" he screamed again as he kicked at the smoldering pile of ashes that had been John Newsreader.
Wait.
Suddenly aware of things happening that didn't directly involve him, Malcolm suddenly saw the masked men and took in what they were talking about. "Bloody hell, who are these berks?" He guestered rudely with his own flicknife at the knife-swinging pensioner. "You sure you know how to use that, grandad? Maybe you'd best go on to bed and leave this vampire killing business to those with the minerals for it," he said, kicking the ashes of the dead vampire again for effect.

Trenchfoot
2011-03-01, 10:39 PM
Maks

Maks finds a nice box to hide next to, rocking and shaking and scraping at his arms. With each flutter of his own clothing in the sea-scented wind, he imagined one of those awful creatures grabbing on with his little legs, fluttering their horrible wings, gazing with their dark, dead eyes...

This boy's out of commission for right now, but next post I'll come charging back. Dang moths.

Ichneumon
2011-03-02, 03:37 AM
The man in the car looks at Llaars, somewhat like the way a hunter would look when the deer he was chasing suddenly turned and started attacking him. He was afraid. Clearly, he, at least, doesn't have much experience hunting vampires. "Wwe.. we are the Royal Society. We protect this mighty nation against scum like you. We're purgers and you vampires are the disease. We just started monitoring parts of London a few days ago, tracking vampires with these..." He points at the moths flying around in the car. "these genetically enhanced moths. They can smell vampires from miles away. They still need to be trained more thoroughly, but they get better and better at pin-pointing you guys."

An uneasy smile appears on his face: "Even if you kill me now, others will come. The days of your kind are numbered. They'll hunt you down and KILL ALL OF YOU!"

The old man with the stiletto stands motions, looking at Malcolm, he says with a soft tense voice: "Your kind destroyed my family... You turned my daughter into one of you..... I had to drive a stake through her heart.... My wife never forgave me.... I've nothing left, except the joy I get each time I kill things like you."

He runs in Malcolm, screaming in anger, trying to stab him with the stiletto, aiming for the face and torso:
[roll0]

The dog follows the old man and runs at Malcolm too, trying to attack him at his legs:

[roll1]

[Your turn again.]

Nanoblack
2011-03-02, 01:32 PM
Llaars

"Dude, I don't know how long you've been at this but I just had this whole vampire thing dropped on my head night before last and I'm not here to kill anyone. Keep that in mind when they put the casts on your arms and you're brooding on how you wanna kill me." With a forceful but, not overpowering grip, he sits the man down backwards so he isn't forced to use his broken limbs for support and sets after Malcom and the dog.

"You pointed the gun at me, and I just wanna live." With one last sorrowful glance, he leave the man behind to finish his battle.

I suppose with all the talking, I won't have time for combat, but he should be there next round.