PDA

View Full Version : Pseudomesoamerica IC thread

Cogidubnus
2010-10-02, 11:23 AM
After 8 days of travel on board House Montoya's unique light transport boat, Flying Fish, powered at any one time by 4 sorcerors and gliding gently above the waves, you at last come within sight of your destination, on the morning of the 9th day.

"We'll make port before long," he calls, "after which you'll need to consult with the Watchman. He'll have more instructions for you."

You all find yourselves on the top deck, watching the coastline rapidly approaching.

mrcarter11
2010-10-02, 11:31 AM
"Well fellow travelers, it seems we have finally arrived. I hope everyone is up for an adventure in the coming months."

Lix Lorn
2010-10-02, 11:39 AM
"This is gonna be so awesome." said Emily cheerfully. "I wonder what we're gonna find."

Mikka
2010-10-02, 12:36 PM
Aemon

Aemon rolled his eyes as he listened to the others talk, trying to focus on the job at hand. The Montoya house was paying handsomely but already now he was having second thoughts, what with two eager novices almost literally jumping up and down like a pair of runts in anticipation of their 'adventure' he thought wryly to himself. This wasn't a game to him, nothing ever was, and that was perhaps one of the reasons the man, over fifty years of age still was alive to this day.

"I guess i better get this over with" he grumbled, turning to the others. "Unless you runts want to end up dead in a ditch somewhere i suggest we all introduce ourselves, working with strangers only ever lead to trouble." His steely eyes took turns to examine each and every member of the party before clearing his throat. "Ahem. . I'm Aemon, a swordsman of no small skill, except i don't use swords, just this" he said, his lips curling into a small smile as he held up an empty hand, only to have a long cruel looking dagger of blackened steel mysteriously appear in his hand in the blink of an eye. "Now, who would you be?" he finished, turning to the next person.

Lix Lorn
2010-10-02, 04:16 PM
Emily
"My name's Emily" said Emily, with a slight smile. "I'm an arcanist, and I sing too."

Shade Kerrin
2010-10-03, 05:47 AM
Kareen

At the word 'runt,' Kareen began to instinctively slip behind a barrel to hide, only to take a seat atop it when he realized what he was doing. Pulling the hood of his robe back with a defiant look on his face, he called out, " 'M Kareen, yer scout fer this venture. We all know how to play nice, right?"

Cogidubnus
2010-10-03, 07:51 AM
The captain glances over at you. "I hope you can all work together. The Watchman really won't appreciate it if you can't. House Montoya doesn't appreciate its people fighting each other.'

mrcarter11
2010-10-03, 09:05 AM
"As long as everyone learns to give proper respect, I'm sure we shall all get along just fine. If that is simply to much to ask, well.." Never quite finishing his statement, Carter simply continues to stare out to sea.

BamaGamer
2010-10-03, 04:45 PM
Otiana and Steadfast

"Now now, there's no need to be abrasive with one another. I'm sure that everyone here has something of worth to offer and will prove a valued member of the team."

Standing not far from the rest of the group, she smiled brightly as her hand absently stroked the head of the massive griffon she'd arrived with.

"My name is Otiana and I intend to see to it that everyone one of us returns home safe and sound. This handsome fellow is named Steadfast."

Lix Lorn
2010-10-03, 04:50 PM
"He looks cute." said Emily with a smile, looking at Steadfast. "...does he like being petted?"

BamaGamer
2010-10-03, 05:06 PM
"Oh yes. He's very well behaved. You can pet him if you like."

Lix Lorn
2010-10-03, 05:09 PM
She smiled widely, going over and gently stroking the griffon.

BamaGamer
2010-10-03, 05:13 PM
"PURRRRRRRRRR"

Lix Lorn
2010-10-03, 05:18 PM
She giggled, continuing.

Norfolk
2010-10-03, 06:49 PM
Harker

With a yawn the biologist steps out from inside the cabin. There is something about him that immediately strikes as odd - not his clothes, nor his body, but the combination of the two. A long red scar runs down the left of his cheek. A tattoo of a dragon eating a demon is visible on his neck. He has a thick brow and a veiny neck, and burly eyes unused to look around as quickly as he is doing now.

And yet, he is dressed in the University standard for expeditions - a full academic gown that has been cut down to allow jungle-trekking, but still retaining much of its formality. There is a stiff collar, and a bowtie hanging off of a neck that looks half-strangled. Between two fingers that look practised at eye-gouging, he holds a teacup delicately, takes a sip, and breaks it as he tries to put it down.

"Damn! Apologies. It's this outfit; it's simply not the season in the execution lists for the dashing-swashbuckler kind of criminals, so this is all that was available." Carefully picking up the pieces of china and throwing them overboard, he turns and smiles. "Professor Harker Landeling. Pleased to make your acquaintance. Oooh, an ectabani gryphus!"

Shade Kerrin
2010-10-03, 07:35 PM
Kareen:
Kareen almost smiled when he saw the Academy man step out. While he couldn't quite put his finger on the difference between this man and the others, he knew full well the theory of the "Uncanny Valley," and he got the feeling that this man made his home right at the bottom. Nobody would worry too much about a goblin if this man was in the team.

Cogidubnus
2010-10-04, 03:15 PM
While you're all talking, the boat pulls in to the port. The captain waves you off the boat, pointing to a building inside the walled compound. "The Watchman's in there. You'll want to go speak to him directly."

When you enter the Watchman's headquarters:

You are greeted by a tall, thin man in mithril chainmail. "I'm the Watchman," he says. "We need to discuss a few things before you leave. Firstly, this box," he places a small case on his desk, "contains a complete cartography set, that will allow you to map out your progress. You will be paid for any maps you bring back to us.
During your exploration, you are likely to find many rare and valuable treasures. I am liscenced to pay you for most finds, though especially valuable ones you will have to transport back to the House headquarters to sell there. To facilitate your rescuing of these treasures, here is a small pouch each. Each will carry up to 500lb in weight but will never weigh more than a pound. The necks will also stretch to just about any diameter. Remember - your job is threefold. First, to map the continent. Second, to bring back valubles. Thirdly, and importantly, however, you must also establish friendly trade links with any civilisations you can. I have a suggestion for a first task, but before I tell you it, are there any questions?"
Behind the Watchman, you see a map on the wall. It appears to be the first explored section of this new continent.

BamaGamer
2010-10-04, 04:18 PM
She left Steadfast untied and sitting outside of the building as she and the rest of the party entered to meet this Watchman.

"Can you tell us anything about the native peoples? Are they naturally friendly or are they wary of strangers?"

Cogidubnus
2010-10-04, 04:29 PM
"The few we've encountered seemed friendly enough, though no one understands their gibberish without magic. They brought us a few gifts, but it's been hard to get anything concrete out of them."

BamaGamer
2010-10-04, 04:57 PM
"That's reassuring to hear. Last thing we want is hostile natives making a daunting task even more challenging. Might I ask where the nearest native settlement is located?"

Shade Kerrin
2010-10-04, 07:37 PM
Kareen:
Kareen moves to open the case, and check the contents.
""Methinks think I should carry this, 'nless any of you think you can compare to expert training..."

Cogidubnus
2010-10-05, 01:11 AM
"Inside that case is a copy of the map on the wall. We've established a dirt road to the local fishing village, and there's a larger town on the other side of the river, but the fishermen denied us passage."

BamaGamer
2010-10-05, 09:23 AM
"Hmmm, understood." She looks over at the rest of her companions, smiling once more.

"Anymore questions before we continue on our way?"

Lix Lorn
2010-10-05, 10:02 AM
"I'm ready to go." said Emily brightly.

mrcarter11
2010-10-05, 10:25 AM
Carter
"Well, I'm ready to get going.. We should head out as soon as we can in my opinion.

Cogidubnus
2010-10-05, 12:25 PM
"Before you go, I have a suggestion as to your first business. We really could use friendly relations with that little town down there, so if you could find some way to make them accept us, that would be appreciated. We need a trading foothold here."

mrcarter11
2010-10-05, 12:27 PM
Carter
"Would you rather be friendly with the larger town across the river, or the smaller one nearest here?"

Cogidubnus
2010-10-05, 12:35 PM
"We think they're linked - the fishermen were keeping us from moving across to the other town, so it may be they work from the village and live in the town or something. Investigate and see what you can find out, and what they can offer us."

mrcarter11
2010-10-05, 12:40 PM
Carter
"Alright will do, just thought maybe the reason you couldn't get across was that they are two different tribes. We'll see what we can establish for you.

Norfolk
2010-10-05, 05:14 PM
Harker

Shuffling his feet in the background as they talked social politics, the Professor's eager (and borrowed) eyes squinted outside to the natural environment, already hoping to catch sight of some specimen. "I'm ready too," he volunteers, "though I think perhaps I won't be of the greatest use here; I am not, alas, what they call a people-person. And sometimes, what they call a person."

BamaGamer
2010-10-05, 10:19 PM
"If that larger town is of importance to those people, building relations at one could certainly open up doors to the other. Best to set a solid foundation for the start of our journey. So! If there're no further question..." smiling, she turns and looks at the others before heading for the door.

Lix Lorn
2010-10-06, 03:46 AM
Emily smiles, curtseys briefly and follows.

Mikka
2010-10-07, 03:56 AM
Aemon

He cast only a passing glance at the man who didn't bother introducing himself before turning to address the others who he now knew by name and assumed professions. "A mage and a scout. . your skills will certainly be useful, and. . a scholar and a beasthandler? Pleased to meet you but. . If you don't mind me asking, of what use do you think you'll be to us in this expedition?" " Aemon asked, a little frown wrinkling his forehead as he dubiously eyed the odd looking professor.

BamaGamer
2010-10-07, 10:19 AM
"Beasthandler...?" Otiana laughed, clearly finding the designation amusing.
"I assure you, Steadfast is much more than just some 'beast' and he'd be quite offended to be referred to as such. That aside, as I said on the ship, my purpose is to see to it that we all survive this journey. I have lived much of my life out in nature. I can track and bag game as well as any hunter. I can heal wounds and diseases, and Steadfast and I are a formidable pair in the face of danger. I hope that eases your worries."

mrcarter11
2010-10-07, 10:32 AM
Carter
"I would like to believe, that we are capable enough to survive this new area. I believe we were all assembled, due to our abilities, so should we get going?"

Cogidubnus
2010-10-07, 12:04 PM
When you decide to leave:

As you walk down the road, you pass the strange temple on your map. It is adorned with half-broken statues of squid-like creatures. In the distance, you see a number of wooden huts and the figures of men moving around them.

Shade Kerrin
2010-10-07, 04:57 PM
"They say there's strength in numbers, skills'r just a plus......Odd gods..."
Kareen stops in front of the most complete statue, to get a more detailed look

Mikka
2010-10-07, 07:25 PM
Aemon

"Only a goblin would say something like that" Aemon scoffed. "And even if it were true, i doubt we'll be outnumbering the natives anytime soon, so stay on guard. You never know."

BamaGamer
2010-10-07, 08:25 PM
Rejoining Steadfast outside that building, the great creature walks along behind Otiana, it's head near hers. Despite the rather obvious saddle, she mutters over to him like he's an old, dear friend.

When they come upon the ruins of the temple, she pauses as well.

"Be sure to stay respectful," she says to Kareen.

Shade Kerrin
2010-10-07, 10:58 PM
Kareen laughs and shakes his head, somewhat amused.
"Ye think I'd have survived this long if I went around spitting on faith? Don't worry, miss, I'll hold my tongue."
He seems to be pretending he didn't hear Aemon.

Norfolk
2010-10-08, 05:18 AM
If you don't mind me asking, of what use do you think you'll be to us in this expedition?" "[/B] Aemon asked, a little frown wrinkling his forehead as he dubiously eyed the odd looking professor.

Harker

"Oh I come in handy every now and then," he says, waving his hand about vaguely, "I suppose you might call me a beasthandler of sorts as well, only I have more...unique ways of handling beasts. Primarily, though, I suppose you could say that my real skill is collecting knowledge. It's not so much for you as it is for some sponsor of the University, somewhere, but I daresay knowledge always comes in useful." Apparently seeing no problem with this, he trundles on with the group, seeming to take great interest in the squid-like creatures.

Lix Lorn
2010-10-08, 07:43 AM
Emily was simply looking around, mouth wide open in awe.

mrcarter11
2010-10-09, 01:22 PM
Carter
"So shall we all be off then, I figure we can cover some good ground today." Carter then walks towards Harker and begins talking to the man. "I must agree with what you said, the bit about knowledge always being useful. I think we shall get along quite well on this trip, agreed?"

Norfolk
2010-10-09, 06:24 PM
Harker

"Oh, I do hope so," he says, smiling - the concept of "getting along" seeming to be something of a novelty to him. "Shan't we look at that temple a little bit more? I'm sure we'd have a better understanding of how to approach these people if we understood what they believed in. I know an expedition researcher who was killed for raising his hand above his head - a taboo in that particular island he was visiting."

Shade Kerrin
2010-10-10, 04:36 PM
"Let the scout in first, tha's his job"
Kareen carefully makes his way in to the temple, keeping his eyes open for traps and dangers
I think you said you would make the passive checks.
For the sake of lighting conditions, 120ft DVis
And a Move Silently check:[roll0]

Cogidubnus
2010-10-12, 01:27 AM
Entering the ruins, you find a sort of courtyard encircled by statues, with a bare stone altar in the centre. In one corner, a passageway appears to slope steeply downwards. The stonework is all overgrown with ivy and weeds.

You hear vague sounds from beyond the passage entrance.

Shade Kerrin
2010-10-12, 04:55 PM
Kareen spends a moment deciding whether to report back or check the sound, then slinks over to the edge of the passageway and peers in
Hide:[roll0]
And Move Silently:[roll1]
Hoping I'm not holding up the party with this....

Cogidubnus
2010-10-13, 11:37 AM
Kareen:
Looking down the tunnel, you see it heads down and away from you for a short way, then turns back on itself. Peering around the corner, you see 4 large, crab-like creatures, with 4 legs and 2 pincers, and a vague shape in the darkness beyond the sight of your Darkvision.

Shade Kerrin
2010-10-13, 05:01 PM
Kareen returns to the surface with cautious haste. Once there, he states his findings:
"Creatures living in there....giant crabs. Something else, but I couldn't get close enough to see"

MS check for getting away: [roll0](-5 penalty to move at my full land speed)

Mikka
2010-10-13, 05:18 PM
"So a couple of shellfish live in the temple.. don't forget we have a greater purpose here, so unless you think theres another culture living down there i suggest we move on to the village"

BamaGamer
2010-10-13, 05:42 PM
Hearing the description, she tries to see if that sounds like anything she knows of.

Knowledge: Nature Check

[roll0]

"I do agree. Unless there's something worth exploring there, we can come back to it after our business at the village."

mrcarter11
2010-10-13, 09:32 PM
Carter
"I'm torn. Exploring farther in could prove useful depending on if we learn anything, also could allow us to see what we're each capable of. On the other hand, we should likely continue moving.

Mikka
2010-10-14, 01:43 AM
"You have a point there guy, this is an excellent opportunity to show or capabilities. Lets go!" He declared with a grin, not even waiting for a response before he started making his way inside the temple

Cogidubnus
2010-10-14, 06:55 AM
You want knowledge: dungeoneering.

mrcarter11
2010-10-14, 12:04 PM
Carter
"So how does everyone else feel about going in, I find it could be useful, but I'm not sure if it is really the best idea. Thoughts?"

Lix Lorn
2010-10-14, 12:28 PM
"I'm fine with whatever, though a minute or so to prepare would be nice." said Emily.

BamaGamer
2010-10-14, 02:32 PM
"I recommend you prepare quickly as it seems one of us is a bit too eager."

Seeing Aemon head into the temple, Otiana simply looks at Steadfast who sits down calmly while she draws her bow and notches an arrow before following after Aemon.

Lix Lorn
2010-10-14, 03:04 PM
She nodded, drawing a shining stone from her bag, and holding it in her hand until it began to spin. She begins to murmur to it quietly, the same word. Anyone listening can hear that the word is 'Glisten'. As she speaks, every few seconds, it suddenly flashed, and another crystal span from it, falling inert in moments. She kept doing this for a little over half a minute, forming six new stones. She then begins to make intonations, gesturing and gathering magical energy. This continues for more than a minute, before she looks up, and pronounces. "I'm ready. Sorry, I should have prepared earlier."

I use my wondrous item to freecast Call of the Jewellcaster six times (standard actions) to make six 500gp jewells. I then spend thirteen rounds casting spells.
Spells within stones:
Crystal Shard, Mage Armor, Magic Missile, Lightning-Scorching Ray, Fireball, Lightning-Fireball, Swarm of Crystals, Lightning Bolt of the Three Thunders, Cure Light Wounds, Cure Moderate Wounds, Cure Serious Wounds, Cure Critical Wounds.

...I should have asked the DM if I could start the game with spell stones ready.

Shade Kerrin
2010-10-14, 06:14 PM
Kareen shrugs and enters, making sure his crossbow is loaded just before doing so.

Full speed Hide:[roll0]
Move silently:[roll1]
Whatever light source we whip out, Kareen keeps out of

BamaGamer
2010-10-15, 10:09 PM
Admittedly, Otiana isn't known for being exactly stealthy. Usually, when she needs to sneak up on something, she'd simply take to the air. You can bump into it all you want without being noisy. Still, she does attempt to not make a lot of noise as she follows Aemon down that stairwell.

Move Silently: [roll0]
Initiative: +3

mrcarter11
2010-10-15, 10:57 PM
Carter maintains a dull look to his eyes. That look becomes one of amusement when energy pools around his hand. A blob of darkness, it quickly takes shape. Now a flail of black energy sits in his hand.
Forgot the mods and such.
Move Silently +2
Initiative +2

Mikka
2010-10-16, 06:17 AM
If its too dark to see anything Aemon mutters "One you lasses, make some light" as he makes his way down.

Before going down he pulls out a small tome and quickly recites a few things while weaving one of his hands.

"If you get their attention, i'll make sure they never get near you"

Casts Righteous Fury (+4 str, +50 temporary hp) and Divine Favor (+3 attack and damage)

Hide: [roll0]
Move silently: [roll1]

Initiative incase combat breaks out: [roll2]

Shade Kerrin
2010-10-17, 06:43 PM
Init bonus +7

Cogidubnus
2010-10-18, 11:12 AM
Init: Aemon 24
Otiana 13,
Kareen 9
Carter 8
We'll assume the monstrumologist stays out of the way for now if combat erupts.

The temple underground is paved with dark stone, moist to the touch, and the air is dank. Tiny gaps in the roof stonework let down miniscule beams of light into the room, but these are too few to really see by.
As you enter the temple, the creatures look up, seeming to detect you straight away, despite the almost non-existent light.

Lix Lorn
2010-10-18, 11:19 AM
I didn't see to roll Initiative. ^_^''
[roll0]

Lix Lorn
2010-10-18, 02:23 PM
"I can't see a thing..." frowned Emily. "Would anyone mind if I made some light? It won't last long, but..."

BamaGamer
2010-10-18, 07:11 PM
"Actually, a constant source of light would probably be good. I can't get a good view of them, but it seems that whatever is down there is aware of us."

Lix Lorn
2010-10-19, 04:30 AM
"Okay." she nods. She takes a moment to gather energy, and then commands.
"Dancing Lights!"
Four spheres of light are formed.

Mikka
2010-10-19, 10:05 AM
It would be nice with some kind of distance here? are they 10 feet away? a hundred?

Cogidubnus
2010-10-19, 11:23 AM
About 60ft. At the edge of Darkvision from the bend in the tunnel, basically.

As you conjure your lights, the creatures form up into a defensive line, but do not move to attack. You can see their squat bodies and crab legs more clearly now.

Shade Kerrin
2010-10-19, 10:03 PM
So what's in the next 60ft beyond them, then?

Keeping out of the radius of the magical Light, Kareen takes aim on one of the crabs. However, he seems loathe to strike the first blow, and waits for further actions.

BamaGamer
2010-10-19, 10:25 PM
Not shy around the lights, Otiana shifts forward 5 feet watching the creatures and attempting to see just what it is that they might be guarding.

"Anyone have a clue as to what the creatures are? They don't appear hostile...", though she knows initial appearances aren't always accurate.

Lix Lorn
2010-10-20, 03:49 AM
"Not sure..." says Emily softly.
(It's Dancing Lights; it only lasts a minute... WHY I didn't take Light I don't know. (headdesk))

BamaGamer
2010-10-22, 11:36 AM
"Blast it all, where is that scholar when we need him? We need to know what those things are..."

Mikka
2010-10-25, 07:33 AM
Aemon seeing how no-one else seems to be bold enough to make a move begins his own preparations and casts haste (On himself and every party member nearby) and find the gap.

Is he able to see the other shadowy figure you spoke of before?

Cogidubnus
2010-10-25, 07:42 AM
As Aemon begins casting, the creatures start to move. Two charge Otiana, and two charge Kareen, simply attempting to touch them. The creature in the shadows, still hard to see, waves its claws, and you all feel a pressure inside your skulls, the world going fuzzy. A glowing light appears before your eyes at the same time.

Touch attacks on Otiana: [roll0] for [roll1] WIS damage
[roll2] for [roll3] WIS damage

Touch attacks on Kareen: [roll4] for [roll5] WIS damage
[roll6] for [roll7] WIS damage

Everyone make a DC 20 Will save against Confusion and a DC 18 Will save or be fascinated. Don't forget to factor in any Wisdom damage you take.

Lix Lorn
2010-10-25, 08:50 AM
[roll0]
[roll1]

Mikka
2010-10-25, 11:48 AM
If he makes his save Aemon lets out his final , most powerful spell. Instantly teleporting behind the shadowy opponent and pounces, his dagger striking out with several lethal attacks aiming for his vital spots.

Will save1:
Will save2: [roll1]
If he fails a save he uses his luck domain to reroll. [roll2]

Turn:
Swift action: Dimensional door
Free action: Whirling Frenzy (Chameleon Mimic class feature, +1 addtional attack, -2 to all hits, +2 dodge and reflex saves)

Full attack: +25/+25/+25/+20 (first attack touch, assuming he's flat footed)

[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]-5 (was supposed to be +20 not 25)

Damage:
1:[roll7]+[roll]7d6
2:+[roll]7d6
3:+[roll]7d6
4:+[roll]7d6

Mikka
2010-10-25, 11:51 AM
Forgot to add sneak attack dice to each attack:

1[roll0]
2[roll1]
3[roll2]
4[roll3]

Also, with staggering strike he has to make a save for each attack or be staggered (Limited to one move or standard action in the turn) , if hes immune to sneak attack he still takes half damage due to penetrating strike.

. . phew. . this was long >___<* I just figured i should mention everything.

Lix Lorn
2010-10-25, 11:55 AM
Um. Doesn't D Door stop you doing anything else?

[roll0]
Attack nearest creature. I'm unarmed, so I default to babbling incoherently. Great.

BamaGamer
2010-10-25, 12:29 PM
Saves

Immunity to Enchantments negates Confusion
DC 18 vs fascinated [roll0]

BamaGamer
2010-10-25, 12:44 PM
Well, so much for these things not being hostile. Taking a quick, five foot step backwards, Otiana lets fly with the arrow she had notched and two others quickly following it.

Using Rapid Shot on the thing that touched her.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2] ---> This attack is assuming Aemon's Haste goes off, if not then ignore this attack.
[roll3]

Special: Using the tactical feat Woodland Archer and the maneuver Adjust for range. If any of the attacks miss, every SUBSEQUENT attack gains +4 to hit.

BamaGamer
2010-10-25, 12:46 PM
Damage

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

((Oh, screw you too, dice roller.))

Cogidubnus
2010-10-25, 03:10 PM
3 of the creatures collapse, punctured first by Aemon's blows and then by the arrows fired at them.

Mikka
2010-10-25, 03:59 PM
Ohh you're right, damn thats my ace in the hole spell. . or was supposed to.

Instead i'll cast Knights Move, moving into a flanking position (which is basically next to any ally because of my Thicker of blades stance and do the same attacks just on the crab-like things.

Shade Kerrin
2010-10-25, 04:19 PM
So 2 hits for 4 damage...ouch. Does this damage prevent me from using my focus feats(min wis 13)?
Vs Confusion:[roll0]
Vs Fascination:[roll1]
Edit:Moot point. Fortunately, it seems the 'No Actions' part of Fascination will prevent me from doing anything with the 'Actions are Random' part of confusion.

Cogidubnus
2010-10-25, 04:58 PM
So 2 hits for 4 damage...ouch. Does this damage prevent me from using my focus feats(min wis 13)?
Vs Confusion:[roll0]
Edit:Moot point. Fortunately, it seems the 'No Actions' part of Fascination will prevent me from doing anything with the 'Actions are Random' part of confusion.

It will. You're fascinated. Not that it seems to matter, since Aemon is taking our enemies to pieces. Your focus feats will be useless until you get the damage healed, though.

mrcarter11
2010-10-25, 10:43 PM
Will Save 1 [roll0]
Will Save 2 [roll1]

mrcarter11
2010-10-26, 10:47 PM
Carter appears to mutter something under his breathe. Quickly though an earth elemental rises from the ground next to him, ready to do its master's bidding.

Cogidubnus
2010-10-27, 04:29 AM
The surviving creature turns angrily on Aemon, reaching out to touch him again with both claws.

[roll0] for [roll1] Wis damage
[roll2] for [roll3] Wis damage

The creature in the shadows repeats its previous attacks, and you hear a scurrying sound as it finishes.

DC 20 vs confusion, 18 vs fascinated.

mrcarter11
2010-10-27, 09:59 PM
Carter stands still for a few seconds with no visible change, before a small smile appears on his face.
Establishing a shield self link with the elemental I summoned..
Save [roll0]

Mikka
2010-10-27, 11:57 PM
Aemon just barely manages to make a rolling duck under the shadowcrab claws, continuing his movement in a fluid motion he tumbles below the creature and rushes for the spellcasting opponent.

Crab misses AC 18 touch +1 haste +2 whirling wage: 21.

Aemon tries to tumble at full movement to avoid attack of opportunity: DC25

Then attacks the creatures that you said was about 60. ft away , with haste his speed is just 60 feet.

Free Action Feint:
DC: [roll]1d20+16 , creature rolls sense motive + base attack. Its flat-footed if it fails. If it isn't bluffed he uses the "Distracting ember" maneuver as a swift to flank it.

Standard Action Attack:
[roll1] , +4 if he flanks.

Damage:
[roll2] + [roll3] + 1 if flanking or +6 if feint works.

Mikka
2010-10-27, 11:59 PM
Argh: Feint roll here: [roll0]

And will saves:
[roll1]
[roll2]

And using luck domain to re-roll the critical failture tumble:[roll3]

BamaGamer
2010-10-28, 01:32 PM
Save:
DC 18 vs fascinate [roll0]

With the one that attacked her gone, Otiana fires on the one that is attempting to stop Aemon from going after the other creature.

Using Rapid Shot again

[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

Special: Using the tactical feat Woodland Archer and the maneuver Adjust for range. If any of the attacks miss, every SUBSEQUENT attack gains +4 to hit.

BamaGamer
2010-10-28, 01:34 PM
Damage:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Shade Kerrin
2010-10-28, 04:33 PM
Save vs confusion v2:[roll0]

BamaGamer
2010-11-11, 01:16 PM
Otiana might have given chase, or even fired a parting shot at the final creature but the lack of light would've made both options foolish. Lowering her bow, she looked around at everyone, visually scanning them for injuries.

"Is everyone alright?"

Shade Kerrin
2010-11-15, 07:11 PM
Kareen turns to Otiana's voice, an odd smile on his face

"Alright? Alllright? Allalllriiight?
And so on

Lix Lorn
2010-11-16, 03:26 AM
"Radishes actualise greenly." said Emily, in a confused dazy. "Chocolate skyscraper?"

BamaGamer
2010-11-16, 10:22 PM
Looking back and forth between the two of them, she sighs and moves down the stairs to take hold of Kareen's hand first before leading him back up the steps, grabbing Emily with her other.

"Seems you both intend to make sure I earn my keep."

If nothing attempts to stop her, she'll take both of them back up the steps to the surface where Steadfast has been waiting.

Lix Lorn
2010-11-17, 04:44 AM
"Flying anthropomorphic cabbage..." she says in complaint.

Cogidubnus
2010-11-17, 03:12 PM
Just as you turn to move up the stairs, you hear a noise from the darkness. A moment later, a voice sounds in the minds of Otiana and Aemon.

Those two:

"Do you have to go just yet? We wanted to speak to you. Come talk to us, and bring your friends."
Suggestion: Move straight into the darkness with the two confused people.
Will save DC 21 on the suggestion.

BamaGamer
2010-11-18, 12:44 PM
Otiana's sensing of that enchantment causes her to glare angrily into the darkness.

"If you are so eager to speak with us, then come out into the daylight. If you show no hostility, we will do you no harm."

Yeah, Immunity to Enchantment protects her again.
Diplomacy check to convince...whoever that is to come out. - [roll0]