PDA

View Full Version : [Nexus] NexusStock (Open Plot)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Moff Chumley
2010-10-02, 06:51 PM
In Outside, on a large and unremarkable field, workers begin erecting a huge stage. A small office opens in Inside, its sign labeling it as Nexus Concert Promotion. And hundreds of posters appear all over Nexus advertising NexusStock, the biggest free musical event in Nexus's history. The posters direct interested musicians to the office in Inside.

On what is certainly an unrelated note, a few other flyers seem to be soliciting work from a talented enchanter, and the phone number he should call if he's interested in making an exhorbitant sum of money.

happyturtle
2010-10-06, 03:35 PM
Moff arrives to start overseeing the work. Ticket sales have started, and any PC performers who would like to apply are welcome.

IC: Audition forms are given to all of the acts here to audition.

OOC: Note to people auditioning: Since I cannot hear what Moff hears, you need to tell me what the quality of their playing is on a scale of:

Sucks
Meh
Not bad
Good
Kickass

Please note: 'Kickass' should be reserved for bards or professional musicians of some sort.

Also, this form filled out:
Name of act:
Type of performance:
Equipment needed:
(ooc note: Quality of performance: )

Earl of Purple
2010-10-06, 04:00 PM
Nephrim, or a plotclone thereof, approaches via the air. She's in her true(est) form of an androgynous angelic child with snow-white feathers and silver-gold-blonde hair and white eyes with a hint of cruelty somehow lurking despite the lack of iris and pupil. She's wearing a denim dress and a red rucksack. In her arms is Dam'Bul, a black-haired, red-eyed human wearing a pair of trousers and trainers, revealing his muscular physique. Soon as they land, Nephrim takes the form of a human girl with black hair and green eyes, aged about ten and Dam'Bul hides his eyes with a pair of sunglasses. "Greetings, Sir Moff. I would like to register myself as an act for this... gib?" Nephrim hasn't been to a music festival before. "I play the drum support. This body knows the basics. And you simply must listen to her sing; it's divine. Or was." Dam'Bul has the kind of smile that suggests that it might not be a good idea for the Moff to attend.

VampireRot
2010-10-06, 04:00 PM
PC performers who'd like to apply? Zanny's here now!

The hawt bard hits a note that lets him find wherever the application stands/forms are. If there is an NPC accepting the applications, consider him/her brainwashed into letting Zanny into the show. If its the Moff, Zanny says hi! And waits in the ninja line. :smallannoyed:

happyturtle
2010-10-06, 04:04 PM
"Gotcha. Need any accompaniment?" Moff says to Nephrim.

Another Moff is signing up Zanny. "I've heard you, you do a great version of my favourite song." :smallsmile:

Earl of Purple
2010-10-06, 04:09 PM
"Not particularly. Any vital personnel should be wearing ear plugs. Is AMEN going to be mind-controlling the audience?" Because if the crew are wearing earplugs, they can't hear Nephrim's song, which either exults evil and chaos, or contains her full mind-control abilities. Or both.

happyturtle
2010-10-06, 04:12 PM
"Ixnay on the IndMay OntrolCay," Moff says in a stage whisper, glancing at all the people milling about. He adds 'Earplugs' to his festival planning clipboard, under 'Pepsi or Coke?'

Earl of Purple
2010-10-06, 04:18 PM
"Is that a yes or a no?" Nephrim precedes pig latin by a few thousand years. Plus, I'm not sure of the translation of 'ixnay'. Nephrim's also speaking in a stage whisper.

VampireRot
2010-10-06, 04:21 PM
"Yup! I'm here to perform. In the concert. I can play any song ever made if you have any preferences, else I'll play the first thing that comes into my head."

Zanny grins. I'm assuming he's far enough away to not hear the mind control comment, because that would ruin the whole event for him if he knew about it.

happyturtle
2010-10-06, 04:24 PM
"Of course there is no mind control at our concert," Moff says. "What a silly idea. Talk to me back at the base." Moff says to Nephrim.

"You're definitely in. And since you don't need a backup band, I might squeeze you in a few times while other acts are getting set up," Moff says to Zanny. "You can do your own amplification, right?"

VampireRot
2010-10-06, 04:26 PM
Zanny answers this question with a loud electric guitar rift, amp fully simulated.

"Of course. Anything else?"

happyturtle
2010-10-06, 04:27 PM
"You're a star. Anything you need for the show, let me know." :smallcool:

VampireRot
2010-10-06, 04:29 PM
"Heh. I think I've got everything I need right here."

Zanny gestures to his lyre. Then looks slightly conspiratorial.

"Though, if you see a hobo with a guitar named Pete, I would strongly advise against letting him play. He's got some eldritch abomimusic, and it frankly doesn't sound very good."

He leaves out the part about him and Darcy's plan to club him to unconsciousness and lock him inside a closet state of the art soundproof cell. Just in case the Moff has moral qualms about that. Zanny really doesn't know him.

Beans
2010-10-06, 04:30 PM
An odd girl (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9400437&postcount=202) without eyes walks towards this place, a guitar case on her back.

happyturtle
2010-10-06, 04:34 PM
"Oh don't worry, everyone has to audition," Moff says. "You and Nephrim got out of it because I've heard you before." Actually I don't think he's heard Nephrim before, but saying she got out of it because she's a fellow member of an evil league doesn't seem wise. Not when ticketbuyers might overhear.

He writes on the clipboard.

'Hobo Pete - check out - might be a great new sound'

A third Moff approaches the eyeless girl. "Here to audition?"

Beans
2010-10-06, 04:36 PM
Yes... except I'm waiting for my friend to arrive...
She looks about with her lack of eyes but not-lack of sunglasses.

iElf
2010-10-06, 04:38 PM
Yes... except I'm waiting for my friend to arrive...
She looks about with her lack of eyes but not-lack of sunglasses.

A tall red head elf in a green dress turns up behind her "sorry I'm late Xi"

Beans
2010-10-06, 04:39 PM
Oh!
There she is!
We're ready to audition now.

BTW, iElf, you're needed back on Pantheon.

VampireRot
2010-10-06, 04:41 PM
"Okay. It would be best if you weren't to audition him yourself though. As I said, he's got brain-damaging stuff. It would be best just to turn him away, but if you're skeptical..."

Zanny twinges a chord on his lyre. Any nearby people listening in on their conversation (besides the Moff himself) now have an annoying buzzing in their ears that makes it very hard to hear what he's saying.

"I'd recommend having some random NPC listen to it. So you don't mess yourself up. You'll tell I'm serious once it starts foaming at the mouth or something."

The buzzing stops once he's done giving potentially-offending advice.

"Anyway, I'll stop by when it begins. Get some great bands to play so I look even better once I overshadow them!"

Zanny's last sentence is said in jest as he walks away. The bard will walk out of sight in any direction, then play a silent chord of magic. Now invisible, he'll wait around for either Pete or Darcy to show up.

happyturtle
2010-10-06, 04:44 PM
"Okay. Grab one of me when you're ready," Moff says. But then her partner arrives, so Moff waits for them to play.

Zanny's Moff adds a note to the clipboard. "Need henchman for auditions."

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-06, 04:45 PM
Pete walks up. He's bleeding from cuts in his arms and one on his face. The old acoustic guitar is hanging from his neck by the strap and at his hands. He taps in a strangely rhythmic yet arrhythmic manner. It's almost impossible not to get drawn into this.

He's muttering and swearing to himself in two slightly different voices. This is rarely a good sign.

Recaiden
2010-10-06, 04:46 PM
A short human, long black hair in braids and clothes all in greens, shiny strings around her neck and a flute in hand, approaches the nearest Moff to see about performing.
"Good day. I assume there's a some sort of uh-audition to perform? Hmm?"

Beans
2010-10-06, 04:49 PM
"Okay. Grab one of me when you're ready," Moff says. But then her partner arrives, so Moff waits for them to play.

And like iElf and I discussed, the song of playing shall be...
About Istanbul, not Constantinople. The original artists might be examples of gigantism.

I'm so clevar.

iElf
2010-10-06, 04:51 PM
And like iElf and I discussed, the song of playing shall be...
About Istanbul, not Constantinople. The original artists might be examples of gigantism.

I'm so clevar.

...of course Tau will play the violin in addition to singing :smallbiggrin:

"ISTANBUUUUUUULLL!"

VampireRot
2010-10-06, 04:54 PM
Zanny sees Pete and creeps along after him, from a safe distance of course. About 5 meters away. The bard looks around for Darcy, and contemplates sending another candygram. Or just a note, seeing as how he doesn't have a candygram with him.

happyturtle
2010-10-06, 04:57 PM
IC: Audition forms are given to all of the acts here to audition.

OOC: Note to people auditioning: Since I cannot hear what Moff hears, you need to tell me what the quality of their playing is on a scale of:

Sucks
Meh
Not bad
Good
Kickass

Also, this form filled out:
Name of act:
Type of performance:
Equipment needed:
(ooc note: Quality of performance: )

Moff's Clipboard:

Acts:
Nephrim
Zanny

Notes:
Pepsi or Coke?
Earplugs
Hobo Pete - check out - might be a great new sound
Need henchmen for auditions

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-06, 05:00 PM
Is hobo Pete asked to audition publicly, or does he get his own private audition?

He fills the form in with his own blood. Cause its readily available

Name of act: The Music
Type of performance: The Music
Equipment needed: The Music

VampireRot
2010-10-06, 05:01 PM
Zanny takes an audition form! Probably before turning invisible, else that would be weird.

Name of act: Zanny, Bard Extraordinaire
Type of performance: Solo songs, multiple instruments
Equipment needed: Just my lyre, and some magic
(ooc note: Quality of performance: Epicly Kickass)

Beans
2010-10-06, 05:04 PM
Name of act: Xi and Tau.
Type of performance: Guitar/vocals/violin.
Equipment needed: Microphones
(Quality: Good.)
iElf can confirm dis to make sure it fits.

Recaiden
2010-10-06, 05:10 PM
Cleo takes a form and fills it out. In ink.

Name of act: Cleo and Co.
Type of act: Flute and Vocal performances
Equipment needed: My instruments
((Quality: Good to Kickass))
The music consists of Cleo's flute-playing, and 0-3 voices at a time singing, which sound like they come from her necklace. And the music isn't even laced with magic this time.

iElf
2010-10-06, 05:10 PM
Name of act: Xi and Tau.
Type of performance: Guitar/vocals/violin.
Equipment needed: Microphones
(Quality: Good.)
iElf can confirm dis to make sure it fits.

it is confirmed!

and another person slowly approaches. woman with black hair, wearing a black and red dress, and carrying a black cello case "...where do I apply?" her face is made even paler by her dark eye-shadow and lipstick

happyturtle
2010-10-06, 05:26 PM
Another note: 'Kickass' should be limited to bards or professional performers of some type, unless you've got a really good reason why your character is that good at their hobby.

@ Pete: "Right. I've got a note about you. You need a private audition."

@ Xi and Tau: "You're in. But your name kind of sucks. Got anything better? Maybe google 'band name generator' or something?"

@ iElf: Cello woman gets a form.

@ Cleo: "Okay. Go ahead."

Moff's Clipboard:

Acts:
Nephrim
Zanny
Xi and Tau (needs better name)
Cleo and Co
The Music (aka Hobo Pete)

Notes:
Pepsi or Coke?
Earplugs
Need henchmen for auditions[/QUOTE]

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-06, 05:33 PM
Pete shrugs, pulling himself together.

Who's the chump I have to impress? Whatever. Come here kiddo, and I'll blow your goddamn mind

iElf
2010-10-06, 05:33 PM
Name of act:the black necormacers
Type of performance: Cello punk band performance of "Tourniquet"
Equipment needed: microphone, skeletons or corpses...or I can supply my own
(ooc note: Quality of performance:kickass )

she hands over the form again grinning

Tau frowns "...how about "Geography lesson?"

Beans
2010-10-06, 05:38 PM
... I like that name.

happyturtle
2010-10-06, 06:01 PM
@ Pete: "This way." Moff leads Pete off far from the crowds for his audition, and waits for the henchmen to arrive.

@ Xi and Tau: "Geography Lesson. Not the best I've heard, but it'll do."

@ iElf: The Black Necromancers are invited to audition.

Moff's Clipboard:

Acts:
Nephrim
Zanny (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9496061&postcount=28)
Xi and Tau Geography Lesson (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9496083&postcount=29)
Cleo and Co (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9496131&postcount=30)
The Music (aka Hobo Pete) (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9496049&postcount=27)
The Black Necromancers (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9496277&postcount=34)

Notes:
Pepsi or Coke?
Earplugs

ThePhantom
2010-10-06, 06:04 PM
And a large number of black vans pull up. Rogar gets out of the first one and walks over to Moff.

"Gordon send up over here. Anything you want done first?"

happyturtle
2010-10-06, 06:11 PM
"Yeah. Take Hobo Pete here, and go listen to his act, and tell me if it's any good," Moff says to Rogar. "The rest of you lot, start setting up the portapotties."

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-06, 06:13 PM
Pete glares at Rogar

Come on shorty, lets get this over with

ThePhantom
2010-10-06, 06:14 PM
Rogar sends a henchman to listen to Pete, and starts managering the other henchmen with the setting up. After all, he needs to keep an eye on them to keep them from goofing off.

happyturtle
2010-10-06, 06:20 PM
"No offense, Rogar, but I'd really prefer your opinion on Hobo Pete. Take some earplugs if you need to, but I need a named person on this." Moff says.

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-06, 06:26 PM
Pete shuffles off with the henchie, to a point where no-one else can hear

After a while, they return. The henchman is glassy eyed, with a dull smile on his face. The guitar seems slightly less battered and newer.

The henchman approaches the Moff. The Music was sublime. My pitiful human mind can barely contain it's spectacle and majesty. Despite my status as a lowly mortal I must vehemently recommend offering top billing to this performer. Now if you'll excuse me, I have ordinary human tasks to perform like eating and sleeping, for I am an ordiriary human

Pete nods

****in' A

happyturtle
2010-10-06, 06:28 PM
Moff rolls his eyes in Rogar's direction. "See what I mean? Can you handle this?"

VampireRot
2010-10-06, 06:29 PM
Zanny, invisibly watching, blanches. Ye gods, The Music was worse than he thought. Hopefully Darcy shows up soon and they can stop him! Also, plot clone date.

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-06, 06:30 PM
((Worse at appearing human :p There's a universal law that any alien intelligence masking as a human talks like that))

happyturtle
2010-10-06, 06:31 PM
About this time, Darcy shows up, just milling about for now. Yay!

VampireRot
2010-10-06, 06:35 PM
Darcy will find Zanny next to her, invisible. The bard stops his silent music to let Darcy see him.

"Hey. Pete's over there. Brainwashed an auctioneer. You got the blunt object? I scouted around and found a closet to stuff him in."

Unless there aren't any closets here. Which there should be! Where else would all the instruments and makeup be stored? If there isn't a closet in miles, Zanny has found an outhouse. :smallannoyed:

happyturtle
2010-10-06, 06:40 PM
There are portapotties aplenty, being set up by henchmen. Also a few permanent buildings for the ticket booths and drink stands.

"Yup. Got it right here," she says, pulling out a lead pipe. What do you have?" Darcy says.

VampireRot
2010-10-06, 06:44 PM
"I found some old maces and hammers in my... stash... And I practiced the song that should soundproof and lock the room. We just need to get him alone and knock em out now."

Zanny pulls a mace out of the tiny bag chained around his neck. It's nothing special or enchanted, but is nice and reliable blunt steel. He puts it back quickly, as two people standing around holding weapons and gesturing at a hobo with a guitar will surely attract some quite correct assumptions.

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-06, 06:45 PM
Meanwhile Pete is arguing with the Moff

Hey listen kiddo, You told me I had to audition with this guy. He liked it. What more do you want.

He's holding and lightly caressing his guitar in an almost aggressive manner

happyturtle
2010-10-06, 06:49 PM
"Okay, so how about we duck behind the shed, I'll turn myself invisible, and you make sure we can still see each other, and we'll creep up on him. If Moff makes any trouble, I'll handle him." Darcy says.

"Rogar here has to figure out where to put you in the lineup. Right Rogar?" Moff says.

VampireRot
2010-10-06, 06:53 PM
"Sounds like a plan. Behind the shed we go!"

Hehe. Zanny smirks at this remark as he ducks behind said shed. The bard starts up his silent song and weaves it into Darcy's spell with weird metamagic, making the invisibility spells compatible with each other. So they can see each other, but no one else should be able to. The bard will then follow or lead Darcy to behind Pete. He silently offers her the honor of playing whack-a-hobo. Which, incidentally, is a very fun game.

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-06, 06:55 PM
Purple Henchie meanwhile has wandered off, and is sitting down in the field eating grass.

Recaiden
2010-10-06, 06:58 PM
Cleo is one of the two characters of Recaiden's who could be considered a professional anything, and in this case it's musician. So I'll stick with my rating.

She wanders over by Purple Henchie and watches it, amused.

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-06, 07:02 PM
Purple turns to look at her with a very blank expression.

What is the problem fellow human?

happyturtle
2010-10-06, 07:04 PM
Then that's perfectly fine, Recaiden. I just don't want combat munchkins who play an instrument occasionally to outshine people who play all the time. :smallsmile:

Darcy's attack on Pete is paused for Phantom to get another chance to post.

Recaiden
2010-10-06, 07:06 PM
"Your choice of food and words is, hmmm, quite unusual."

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-06, 07:09 PM
The totally-not-a-puppet-henchman pauses

I am a human. We humans eat organic materials

Recaiden
2010-10-06, 07:11 PM
"You're not a human. Humans can't eat grass. It's the wrong sort of material. Hadn't you heard?"

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-06, 07:14 PM
There is a longer pause

Yes. You are correct. This is not food. I am performing one of your human practical jokes. Our human practical jokes

There's a reason why The Music normally likes to ride minds rather than control them.

lord pringle
2010-10-06, 07:16 PM
A man http://public5.tektek.org/img/av/1010/d06/1908/0cb3407.pngwalks up and says Names Ire. Got me a spot?

Quincunx
2010-10-06, 07:17 PM
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u231/Quincunx_GitP/tzimcrawl.gif

"We can't? Heheheh. You haven't been to many of these gigs before have ya?" She pushes herself off the ground, stumbles to a standing position, tries to pick some ground-in twigs and ticket stubs out of a braid. Where she had been lying, the ground was bare in a body-shaped silhouette, except for two earthworms now slipping into the earth.

happyturtle
2010-10-06, 07:22 PM
[Audition Area]

Ire gets handed an application form by a Moff. After he fills it out, he's invited to audition.

[Behind the Shed]

Still on hold for Phantom.

[Grassy Knoll Area]

Moff kind of watches Purple out of the corner of his eye, but doesn't interfere.

Recaiden
2010-10-06, 07:25 PM
"Truly hilarious." She kneels down by the mind-controlled thing. "What are you, really?"

Cleo glances at the other inhuman thing talking to her. "Did I ever say you were one of us? Eat all the grass you like."

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-06, 07:27 PM
The henchman beckons her to come closer, trying to whisper into her ear

lord pringle
2010-10-06, 07:30 PM
[audition area]
Ire fills it out and more:

Name of act: Ire and the vices
Type of performance: Hard rock
Equipment needed: An amp that can go up to 11 and a guitar to smash.
Performance grade: A+
(ooc note: Quality of performance: not bad-good)

Quincunx
2010-10-06, 07:36 PM
"Now that's the spirit!" Tzimfemme giggles, grinds the heel of her hand against her jaw until a stubborn flake of mud dislodges and falls--spack! on the breast, spack! again on the descending forearm, breaking, dusting her foot, and never hitting a stitch of clothing. "'M I interrupting something here? Yes? Fine, I'll go scope out a good vantage point on the speakers, if he's," she waggles an elbow at the blank-eyed one, "going to be churlish about his source. Never yet met one that wasn't expansive, but there's always a first time."

Recaiden
2010-10-06, 07:41 PM
Cleo does lean a bit toward the henchman, only so close as is needed to punch at his face.

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-06, 07:44 PM
A tune suddenly bursts from the henchie's mouth towards her ear. It is powerful mind affecting magic. If it affects her she should forget about her interest in the conversation, and get the urge to go somewhere else

Recaiden
2010-10-06, 07:47 PM
Yeah. No reason to fight. Best to just get up and walk away. Which she swiftly does.

Quincunx
2010-10-06, 07:52 PM
"'Ey. What'd grass ever do to you?" She read the other woman's stance, that slight tension of the upper arm and shoulder, and misread the intention by a mile. "Lighten up, it's a festival!"

Which the other woman immediately did.

". . .Huh. Could've sworn I didn't even know her name. Wait, I don't know her name. YO! You!"

Recaiden
2010-10-06, 08:06 PM
"You." Cleo says, somersaulting over to the other woman. "You shouldn't know my name. Or I yours. Though if you'd like to give it away, or trade them." No question mark.

Quincunx
2010-10-06, 08:16 PM
Tzimfemme follows the acrobatics with bobbing head. "Nice." It's tough to be smooth with that on open fields. Nothing to change direction against, so the halt squarely in front of Tzimfemme brought out a nod.

"May as well. Looks like I got a catfish incarnation anyhow." She sees the look, elucidates, "I mean a lack of earth-shaking power--and the last time I reincarnated into a festival, it was a heavy metal guild of war, and believe me there's a difference. Sharpened studded leather was de rigeur.

"I'm" an article-sized pause "Tzimfemme. You?"

Recaiden
2010-10-06, 08:23 PM
"Catfish are more of a challenge. Relish it. I'm Cleosefa." She gives a theatrical bow.
"This is my first festival, though, and incarnation with it."

happyturtle
2010-10-06, 08:26 PM
[Audition Area]

Moff takes their form, and Ire and the Vices are invited to audition.

Moff's Clipboard:

Acts:
Nephrim (Earl of Purple)
Zanny (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9496061&postcount=28) (Vampire Rot)
Xi and Tau Geography Lesson (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9496083&postcount=29) (iElf, Beans)
Cleo and Co (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9496131&postcount=30) (Recaiden)
The Music (aka Hobo Pete) (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9496049&postcount=27) (Project Mayhem)
The Black Necromancers (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9496277&postcount=34) (iElf)
Ire and the Vices (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9497136&postcount=66) (lord pringle)

Notes:
Pepsi or Coke?
Earplugs

ThePhantom
2010-10-06, 08:31 PM
"Okay, so how about we duck behind the shed, I'll turn myself invisible, and you make sure we can still see each other, and we'll creep up on him. If Moff makes any trouble, I'll handle him." Darcy says.

"Rogar here has to figure out where to put you in the lineup. Right Rogar?" Moff says.

"Fine, put him in the middle."

Rogar waves his hands. He's going to have to talk to Gordon about this. Oh course, if Pete disappears, no more problem. That, and go and kill a henchman.

happyturtle
2010-10-06, 08:35 PM
After Rogar wanders off to manage more henchmen, Darcy sneaks up invisibly and swings her lead pipe at Pete's head.

Quincunx
2010-10-06, 08:39 PM
"Aha." She grins, now, altogether more focused than a few minutes ago. "Well, the word is 'festival' but the meaning is PARTY. Not a great place to start a slugfest even before the first act's onstage.

"Also, 'grass' doesn't just mean the stuff we're stepping on, it's more of" whisper whisper whisper, wink ". . .and scan what people bring you to eat and drink, if you can. Only ingest if you want to and frankly I'd rather let the music carry me to unknown regions.

"Speaking of which," a fractional pause, "Cleosefa, what is the headline act here? I haven't found a playbill yet."

Recaiden
2010-10-06, 08:41 PM
"What's a party without a little conflict?" She pauses to think, and shakes her head. "They're still arranging the acts. But I hear this guy called Pete is supposed to be quite something."

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-06, 08:42 PM
Pete is hit in the back of the skull. There's a cracking noise as the back of his head smashes, and blood wells up swiftly. He falls to one knee.

The guitar begins to hum

VampireRot
2010-10-06, 08:45 PM
"Nobody saw anything!"

Zanny's command is accented by a sharp note. People other than Darcy should be hit with magic that momentarily confuses them and keeps them from noticing the attack. Meanwhile, Zanny grabs at Pete's shoulders and tries to drag/carry him away to the closet/shed/port-a-potty. The bard lets some dragon-strength through, so is suddenly very strong.

lord pringle
2010-10-06, 08:47 PM
Ire grins gitaur manifesting as he is eaten by the deadtime ooze

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-06, 08:51 PM
As Zanny starts to drag Pete he should here a voice calling NO from inside his head.

Because there was a bit of THe Music nestled there remember. It liked him, but isn't standing for this.

Zany should find it ridiculously hard to move, as his brain is bombarded with the horrible sound from last time

happyturtle
2010-10-06, 08:52 PM
Darcy tries to scoop Pete up under the arms to assist in the dragging.

She's a bit stronger than a swishy sorceress ought to be.

VampireRot
2010-10-06, 08:58 PM
" "

Zanny looks horrified and tries to say something, but fails. The bard would drop Pete and clutch his head in pain, if he weren't semi-paralyzed. The best Zanny can do is give Darcy a pained look that says "go on without me". Then the bard clenches his eyes and tries to stop The Music in his head. By playing his own music. Zanny can't actually play his lyre, but all the music and magic is still in his head. So, the bard's brain bombards The Music right back with the first song that comes to mind.

Yeah. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMTeytJeSp8&feature=related) Choose your poison, I guess.

Quincunx
2010-10-06, 08:58 PM
She opens her mouth to retort about a party without conflict. . .and then shuts it again. Nothing to say, really.

"I'll keep my ears open for him, then. Also I'm going to scout some good seats up by the speaker towers or high ground if they're going to amp it with powers. Want me to stake out some room for you too?" Tzimfemme looks around--gods, someone's dropped already, auspicious. She averts her eyes. "Hope they amp it with speakers, myself. You don't get that full-body reverberation off of magical amplification."

happyturtle
2010-10-06, 09:02 PM
Assuming Zanny managed a gesture to go with the pained look, Darcy will get the message and try to drag Pete on to the shed. She's plenty strong enough for that.

Recaiden
2010-10-06, 09:03 PM
"That would be ever so kind of you. I must be off to make my preparations to perform, you see?" And she skitters away.

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-06, 09:06 PM
As she drags him, despite his seeming unconsciousness, his prone form grabs a rusty knife from a pocket and tries to stab it in her ribs. The humming from the guitar intensifies.

Zanny is able to force a stalemate with the small fragment of the music. His head should have leveled to the point where he can move- however he must maintain serious concentration on his mental defences.

aaaaand, Pete deadtimes. Sorry chaps

VampireRot
2010-10-06, 09:09 PM
Zanny furrows his brow with concentration. Under his breath, he starts muttering lyrics to keep the musical barrier going.

"Oh my word this tune is annoying. Yes I know it's really annoying. I CAN'T GET THIS SONG OUT OF MY HEEE-AAAD!"

He slowly makes his way to Darcy and tries to relieve her of some of the burden of Pete. The over-concentrating bard barely notices the knife, and winces but can't do much without giving The Music control.

Quincunx
2010-10-06, 09:10 PM
"Sure thing--prep?! You didn't say you were performing!" Tzimfemme shouts it, but Cleosefa's vaulted and gone.

Fifteen minutes later, a few redundant supports from the speaker tower have been re-purposed as a platform halfway up, and Tzimfemme has herself claimed the topside of a massive amplifier, where she settles down to test the current magical limits of chocolate summoning. Every so often a disfigured chocolate figurine, with some resemblance to the folks running around, gets flicked off the speaker and falls to earth.

[deadtime]

happyturtle
2010-10-06, 09:10 PM
"****" Darcy is stabbed. She's pretty good at ignoring pain (though not nearly as good as her dimensional analogue, since she didn't have an Uncle Raven), so it doesn't stop her. It does make her divert from the shed to a much closer portapotty, where she'll try to shove Pete and his guitar inside and push the door close, leaning against it with her weight.

Moff Chumley
2010-10-06, 09:51 PM
Moffprime, with Moff 2 in tow, makes his way to the office. How's it going? I've got our band about figured out, and Moff 2 is gonna do sound. Apparently he did front of house for The Mars Volta. Ooh! I booked TV On The Radio. They're good, and it's not a real festival without TV On The Radio. ((:smalltongue:)) .

Moff 2 looks completely oblivious. Hey, where am I?

happyturtle
2010-10-06, 09:55 PM
Moff shows himselves his clipboard. "Here's what I have so far. Most of the henchies are setting up, but Purple's gone loco and is eating grass and Pete the Hobo mysteriously vanished when I turned my back for a second."

Moff's Clipboard:

Acts:
Nephrim (Earl of Purple)
Zanny (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9496061&postcount=28) (Vampire Rot)
Xi and Tau Geography Lesson (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9496083&postcount=29) (iElf, Beans)
Cleo and Co (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9496131&postcount=30) (Recaiden)
The Music (aka Hobo Pete) (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9496049&postcount=27) (Project Mayhem)
The Black Necromancers (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9496277&postcount=34) (iElf)
Ire and the Vices (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9497136&postcount=66) (lord pringle)

Notes:
Pepsi or Coke?
Earplugs

Moff Chumley
2010-10-06, 09:59 PM
Moff 2 nods sagely. 's why I always lowjack the talent...

Chas the mage
2010-10-06, 10:39 PM
A slightly tipsy looking elf with a stubble upon his face and messy hair from partying wanders in, with a white silk shirt upon his muscular chest, with one too many buttons un-done, and a guitar case in one hand. The guitar case is covered with stickers and the strap is covered in pins. He has a form in hand:

Name of act: Passionate Apacolypse
Type of performance: Metal... or just about anything but mostly that.
Equipment needed: Pyrotechnics.
(ooc note: Quality of performance: quite good )

Moff Chumley
2010-10-06, 10:49 PM
The Moff accepts the form and passes it to HT's Moff. Nice t'have ya on board. Yo, Moff 2, you know anyone who does lights and whatnot? Uh, I think Moff Pi^4 does some of that stuff?

...what? :smallconfused:

happyturtle
2010-10-06, 10:53 PM
Moff adds the new act to the clipboard. "Screw Me π4. Darcy said she'd do lights."

Moff's Clipboard:

Acts:
Nephrim (Earl of Purple)
Passionate Apocalypse (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9498554&postcount=96) (Chas the Mage)

Notes:
Pepsi or Coke?
Earplugs

Moff Chumley
2010-10-06, 10:58 PM
Good. I wasn't looking forward to pronouncing that guy's name. Besides, I don't trust clones that aren't whole numbers. Good thing Moffprime hasn't met Moff (-1)^1/2... :smalltongue:

Chas the mage
2010-10-06, 11:06 PM
"soo... I heard you like Moff's," Chas, the elf, muses, stoned.

lord pringle
2010-10-06, 11:06 PM
Ire conjures up the rest of his band
Gorging http://public5.tektek.org/img/av/1010/d06/2238/c61d128.png
Despairhttp://public5.tektek.org/img/av/1010/d06/2246/775f263.png
and Luxuria http://public5.tektek.org/img/av/1010/d06/2252/27df732.png
Ready for our act, Clones? Ire muses as the rest of the band summons their instruments.

Moff Chumley
2010-10-06, 11:09 PM
Yup, I'm actually a licensed narcissist. I gotta card and everything.
Then The Moff notices the clones. OI! YOU LOT! THAT'S MY SHTICK! :smalltongue:

Chas the mage
2010-10-06, 11:10 PM
"Whoa, dude, I need one of those," he responds.

happyturtle
2010-10-06, 11:12 PM
"Hey hey hey... the 'Passionate Apocalypse' isn't a literal one, right?" You never know in the Nexus. :smalltongue:

lord pringle
2010-10-06, 11:13 PM
Yup, I'm actually a licensed narcissist. I gotta card and everything.
Then The Moff notices the clones. OI! YOU LOT! THAT'S MY SHTICK! :smalltongue:

((they aren't clones Ire was referring to the Moffs.)) Gorging licks its lips hungrily.

Moff Chumley
2010-10-06, 11:14 PM
It's pretty simple. I just declared myself Grand Poobah of the International Narcassist Council, and printed myself a card. :smalltongue:

((they aren't clones Ire was referring to the Moffs.)) Gorging licks its lips hungrily.

>.>

<.<

I NU DAT :smalltongue:
Don't worry 'bout it.

lord pringle
2010-10-06, 11:22 PM
It's pretty simple. I just declared myself Grand Poobah of the International Narcassist Council, and printed myself a card. :smalltongue:

>.>

<.<

I NU DAT :smalltongue:
Don't worry 'bout it.

Ire strums a cord Can we audition for you now? Gorging is getting hungry... Gorging removes something that looks suspiciously like a human heart out of its box and messily devours it.

Moff Chumley
2010-10-06, 11:24 PM
Okay. Follow me...

The Moff'll lead them to a medium-sized room with a drum kit, PA, and a couple of amps set up. Go ahead.

lord pringle
2010-10-06, 11:49 PM
Okay. Follow me...

The Moff'll lead them to a medium-sized room with a drum kit, PA, and a couple of amps set up. Go ahead.

Gorging sits at the drums as sticks grow out of its hands, Luxuria pulls out a pink mike, Despair pulls out an indigo base and Ire plugs in his guitar. They play a mediocre rendition of smells like teen spirit. However Luxuria emanates Love.

happyturtle
2010-10-07, 02:19 AM
As in, she makes listeners feel loved? Or she makes listeners love her? What sort of effect is it, and how is it resisted?

lord pringle
2010-10-07, 02:48 AM
As in, she makes listeners feel loved? Or she makes listeners love her? What sort of effect is it, and how is it resisted?

People love Luxuria and her singing despite how out of tune it is. Anyone who is magic resistant, related to an evil outsider or focusing really hard can avoid it. The average joe probably would be head over heels for her.

happyturtle
2010-10-07, 02:51 AM
Moff, who is both resistant to mental effects and a musicphile, makes a face. :smallyuk: "Yeah... I don't know, what do I think, me?" he asks his clone.

lord pringle
2010-10-07, 02:59 AM
Moff, who is both resistant to mental effects and a musicphile, makes a face. :smallyuk: "Yeah... I don't know, what do I think, me?" he asks his clone.

Gorging's tongue moves over to Moff as he says You look fleshy and salty mortal. Unless you want your yummy bits to be my next snack you better let my band in. Luxuria almost slaps the tongue away beforerealizing it's a tongue not a hand.

horngeek
2010-10-07, 06:11 AM
Meanwhile, a figure walks towards the area.

http://i43.tinypic.com/281yd6b.jpg
Keychain of Creation style picture courtesy of Recaiden

Yep. It's Meidani!

She will hand a form to whoever is picking them up.

Name of Act: Meidani
Type of Performance: Singing
Equipment Needed: None
{{Quality: Good}}

Quincunx
2010-10-07, 06:14 AM
"Seventy, hollow chocolate. . .oh bollocks." Another cracked chocolate shell flies from the speaker tower. No prizes for guessing its intended shape. "Seventy-one and I am going to have to hollow one of these out soon--oy, no lip-smacking noises down there?" Tzimfemme pokes her own head out above the plastic parapet and eyes the general sleepiness. "Way-hey. Maybe I can get to the actual port-a-pot and back and not lose my spot." She descends without a flourish and threads through the tents and towels with a hunter's tread, vectors towards the nearest portable toilet cubicle. "Don't see why everyone's so enamored of the high ground all the time. We're not playing war games for terrain--"

She tugged at the door, tugged harder, put a foot on the port-a-pot itself and hauled with both hands, hopped backwards on the rebound as the door unsealed. Inside? A body. "Already." And a guitar, but mostly a body. Tzimfemme tilts her head, stares at the scene, does some rapid mental comparisons of relative urgency. "You can wait," she decides, and drags him out of the cubicle, then steps in herself and shuts the door.

Quincunx
2010-10-07, 06:37 AM
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u231/Quincunx_GitP/tzimcrawl.gif

She's polished and free of dirt, now, as she steps out sans guitar--dark-skinned only by choice, and darker than when she went in. Tzimfemme tilts her head and scans the body by eye. "This is a catfish incarnation. Norrathian spellbook it is, then. Reviviscence!" Nothing happens. "Heal! Elixir! DivArb--#)(¤! that hurt!" No change. "Sod that spellbook. Break Enchantment! Holy Light!" The body reflects unseen light for a moment, but otherwise no change. Last but not least, she squats for a moment and whacks the inert form upside the head. Nothing.

"If I can't rez ya I certainly can't levitate ya. You want to be dragged? No? Smart boy." She hums to herself while stretching open a portal in the air like taffy and nabbing some chocolate from within, then carves a miniature of the festival grounds and the unconscious body to scale upon it, and lopes toward the area roped off from general admittance.

"Yo!" Tzimfemme waves at Meidani, holding the chocolate high. "You working here? We've already got a casualty out by the port-a-pots and I can't rouse him."

horngeek
2010-10-07, 06:39 AM
Meidani shakes her head. "No, I'm not working here. I am looking to audition for the concert."

happyturtle
2010-10-07, 06:55 AM
Moff takes Meidani's information, without noting the body on the ground. "Hmm... a singer. Would you be willing to do a duet with a male singer that I've signed up? He needs a female lead."

Moff's Clipboard:

Acts:
Nephrim (Earl of Purple)
Passionate Apocalypse (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9498554&postcount=96) (Chas the Mage)
Meidani (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9499810&postcount=114) (Horngeek)

Notes:
Pepsi or Coke?
Earplugs
Hobo Pete - check out - might be a great new sound Seems to have made Purple insane - maybe save in case the crowd gets restless

horngeek
2010-10-07, 06:59 AM
Meidani nods. "I would be willing to do that. Just give me some time to practice beforehand. Incidentally, my vocal range is what you'd call mezzo-soprano, if it matters to him."

{{Translation: her voice is in the middle of the female voice range. :smalltongue:}}

happyturtle
2010-10-07, 07:03 AM
"Alright, go to the building over there, and I'll listen and make a recording to send to Gordy. I imagine he'll want to meet you." He gestures to the Audition Building, but doesn't seem to be intending to go with you.

He turns to Tzimfemme. "Right. A casualty. Don't worry, I'll handle this. You can return to your fun." He gives a smile that's meant to be confident and reassuring but probably comes off a bit creepy.

horngeek
2010-10-07, 07:04 AM
Meidani nods, and heads over to the Audition building.

{{I'm half tempted to Limit Break her over the body...}}

happyturtle
2010-10-07, 07:10 AM
[Audition Bldg]

Meidani will arrive just as Gorging is threatening to nom Moff if he doesn't let them into the show.

horngeek
2010-10-07, 07:14 AM
{{Nah. I'll just say she Botched her Awareness+Perception roll (Exalted equivalent to a Natural 1 on a Spot Check). It'd be funny to have her break down in tears, but that would mean she wouldn't get to sing.}}

Meidani looks at the scene. "...what's going on?"

{{Deadtime for tonight.}}

happyturtle
2010-10-07, 07:52 AM
[Audition Bldg]

"Nothing much. Just an artistic dispute," Moff says. "While I'm waiting for me to undeadtime and finish up that scene, how about singing 'There Are Worse Things I Could Do (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGUfn930F0Y)'? Oh. Now you're deadtimed too." He pokes at Meidani's deadtime irritably, and flops down in a chair with his feet up on the table to wait.

Project_Mayhem
2010-10-07, 08:02 AM
By pure coincidence, and the powers of Narrative causuality, the body in the portaloo was from a previous concert. Lets say the corpse was ... Van Morrision. There we go. He's now cannonically dead in the NEXUS :smalltongue:

Pete remains unmolested in some other portaloo, that won't be touched until I'm back online :p

Quincunx
2010-10-07, 08:03 AM
Tzimfemme grins back, for there is nothing so satisfying for a mad scientist as to see the irregularity in some other, inferior scientist's clone, easy to be exploited by her own army of perfected clone-minions as they CONQUER ALL THEY SEE mwahahahaha--

"Inner monologue?"

". . .Yes. . ."

She clomps back into the audience like a chastised minion. This turns out well, though, as the folk she wakes misread her scowl and defend their own pitch instead of rushing to claim hers.

happyturtle
2010-10-07, 08:23 AM
By pure coincidence, and the powers of Narrative causuality, the body in the portaloo was from a previous concert. Lets say the corpse was ... Van Morrision. There we go. He's now cannonically dead in the NEXUS :smalltongue:

Pete remains unmolested in some other portaloo, that won't be touched until I'm back online :p

Henchmen are put to work painting signs proclaiming this to be

The Van Morrison Memorial Music Festival

Sponsored by AMEN

Quincunx
2010-10-07, 09:41 AM
Once again Tzimfemme pokes her head over the edge of the speaker, this time craning to read the poster upside-down.

"So," she asks the hench-bill-posters, "no chance of a reunion tour without necromantic intervention, then?" She hooks a foot around a guy rope and leans out further. "'Bards needed.' 'Enchanter needed.' Nothing for clerics. Bugger." She flexes her leg prepatory to pulling herself back atop the speaker, only to exclaim, "Wait a minute--'enchanter' means something different here. Yo, henchboy. Gimme that last poster and defend my spot." The habits of war-games don't die easily.

Back she saunters to the Moff-clone and presents the poster. "I am Tzimfemme. I've served as a blue mage." Tzimfemme touches her temple and her headband. "Blue's the color of confusion. What sort of 'enchanting' do you need done? Might be doable. Might not."

InyutheBeatIs
2010-10-07, 01:07 PM
Everyone in the area might feel a strong sense of...wrong? Awesome? Terrifying Awesomeness? Who cares, whatever it is, it's there and it is strong. It ripples through the sky, the earth, any fountains that happen to be in the area, everything. Accompanying it, is a sense of dread, and voice. At first, both of them are small, but then as time passes, they grow, and grow, and grow until the dread is almost palpable and the scream is as loud as if it were put through ten amps.

Then, a rip in the ground appears. Instead of revealing a chasm of darkness, it reveals red-hot lava, burning with passions of ancients. With this, a deep, booming, sinister laugh echoes through the arena. Then, the lava shoots out a gout of its blood, the gout landing in front of it and forming the shape of a humanoid, robed figure.

This figure is covered in jewelry of many sorts. Crosses hang from his neck, rings adorn every pale finger, and the robes have symbols of heavy metal hanging onto them. The figure reaches to his hood and pulls it back, revealing long, raven-black hair parted in the middle, pale skin, and round, purple-lensed glasses. In other words, this (http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090929203927/brutallegend/images/f/fa/Guardian.jpg). He absolutely radiates heavy metal, if that were even possible, and appears almost to be a god amongst men.

The rift closes behind this figure, as he looks around, apparently rather confused. Soon, it looks around and throws his arms in front of him in complete confusion. Thus, he speaks out his question in an absolutely unmistakable voice.

"Where the **** am I now?!"

VampireRot
2010-10-07, 02:02 PM
Once Pete is safely locked up, Zanny starts his countersong in earnest.

"You might want to cover your ears for a second."

The bard then puts his hands on his lyre and plays the Annoying Song on it. I won't link it again, for the sanity of us all. Hopefully Darcy and any other listeners took his advice, because the magical song the lyre plays is malignant and imprints itself in thoughts and memory. Handily, this should block out The Music attempts to mess with Zanny's mind, for the concert at least.

"Ah. That's better. Well, it's worse, actually, but at least its not trying to possess me."

The bard glances over at the newcomer while walking over to Darcy.

"Hey, Ozzy! Glad you could join us here!"

Zanny then focuses on Darcy. He tries to inspect the knife wound, and play a melody on his lyre that should heal wounds.

"Glad that's over, eh? So... Whatcha doin later?" :smallwink:

happyturtle
2010-10-07, 02:13 PM
Darcy covers her ears as instructed, then allows Zanny to heal her wound.

"My plans for today were to hit an annoying hobo over the head." Darcy says with a grin. "You?"

VampireRot
2010-10-07, 02:14 PM
"The same. Perhaps we can nip by a tavern for a drink or two? The festival isn't going to start anytime soon."

Zanny matches the grin.

happyturtle
2010-10-07, 02:15 PM
"Is that a date?" Darcy asks.

VampireRot
2010-10-07, 02:16 PM
"No. It was an offer for a date."

Zanny winks. :smallwink:

happyturtle
2010-10-07, 02:16 PM
"Then I accept." :smallwink:

VampireRot
2010-10-07, 02:18 PM
"Excellent! Any preferences on a restaurant? I can afford anything."

Restaurant is a rather loose term when talking about the NEXUS, of course. There aren't many any really fancy ones as far as I'm aware of. :smalltongue:

happyturtle
2010-10-07, 02:22 PM
There's the Restaurant Enchante, but it would require PMing a mod for permission to commit thread necromancy.

"How about Trog's? It's the classic for a reason, you know." And Darcy reaches out to take his arm. "Lead the way."

VampireRot
2010-10-07, 02:26 PM
Zanny takes the proffered arm with a smile.

"If you wish."

He will then lead her to Trog's! How exciting!

horngeek
2010-10-07, 02:27 PM
Meidani nods. Pauses. "I'll need sheet music for that one, I've never heard it before."

...if she can get her hands on a sheet music, she'll deliver quite a respectable rendition of it.

Recaiden
2010-10-07, 02:30 PM
Riace walks onto the area, cape completely missing, other clothes full of tears, left arm bandaged.
Sets out a blanket.
Puts an attache case on it.
Sits down.
Waits.

happyturtle
2010-10-07, 02:33 PM
[Auditions]

Sheet music is provided, and Moff nods after she finishes singing. "Okay. I'm going to send this recording to Gordon and see if your voice will do for the part he has in mind. Either way, you'll be in the lineup." And he falls back into deadtime with the other group.

horngeek
2010-10-07, 02:36 PM
{{Does this mean that, potentially, Meidani will be accompanying AMEN? :smalleek:}}

happyturtle
2010-10-07, 02:40 PM
((Yup! The leader of AMEN, specifically. :smallbiggrin:))

InyutheBeatIs
2010-10-07, 02:41 PM
{{Does this mean that, potentially, Meidani will be accompanying AMEN? :smalleek:}}

((I believe it does, yes. :smallamused:))

Ozzy looks around rather frantically, about to ask the person who actually called him by one of hims many names whether he knew him from somewhere, but then the guy had to go off on a date. This was a first. No one was really impressed by his appearance, or even noticed, really.

So, Ozzy stands there for a few more seconds, wondering who exactly he should pop in front of and ask what is going on.

happyturtle
2010-10-07, 02:43 PM
Moff wanders by. "Awesome! Here to audition?"

horngeek
2010-10-07, 02:44 PM
{{...Gordon playing with an Exalted accompanist. This can only end in tears.}}

Meidani smiles, and waits around for her audition.

InyutheBeatIs
2010-10-07, 02:47 PM
Moff wanders by. "Awesome! Here to audition?"

Ozzy whips his head around to look at the Moff, quirking his eyebrow at the question. "Audition? No, I'm not here to audition. I'm here to collect items from across the multiverse that are heavy metal."

happyturtle
2010-10-07, 02:53 PM
"Sorry then, can't help you. I've got a music festival to produce," Moff says.

Snares
2010-10-07, 02:56 PM
At the Drive-In (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBUtkPrANRs) circa 2001 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caEYU9_hAlo) have turned up. Why? How? They just have. They don't need a reason or a method, they're goddamn At the Drive-In.

InyutheBeatIs
2010-10-07, 02:59 PM
"Sorry then, can't help you. I've got a music festival to produce," Moff says.

At this point, Ozzy pops up in front of him, literally. He holds out one of his heavily adorned hands to keep Moff from moving forward. "Hold up there." Ozzy then points at the Moff, looking curiously at him while he does so. "A music festival? What kind of music are you playing here?"

Murska
2010-10-07, 03:03 PM
A tall, tanned man with black hair and pale blue eyes approaches the area. He's dressed simply in travel clothes, with plenty of pockets and small bags for storage. Normally he'd just be passing by on his way, but, hearing some music and decising to check it out, he's drawn to the festival. After all, one of his various interests is music, and he might even say he's dabbled a bit in a few instruments in his time.

He moves his hood aside, revealing a single bright red streak in his hair.
"This seems interesting... Maybe I oughta check it out."

After a moment, another visitor pats him in the back. "Kev! You here to play?"
He turns, seeing an elf with dark red hair and green eyes looking at him. "Oh, Aegnor! You here too? Where'd you leave the others?"
"Nah, this is just a short trip, I was gonna head back soon. You know how it is. But look at all this. It'd be a shame not to give it a try, right?"
The man addressed as Kev shrugged. "Been a while. Maybe we could. Got a drummer or should we improvize?"
Aegnor shook his head. "I could always pass a message to Naib, though."

After a moment, the two men are on their way to sign up for the auditions.

Name of act: The Red Streak
Type of performance: Guitar/Bass, Drums, Vocals, a few soundwave modulation tricks.
Equipment needed: Just our instruments. Nothing too unusual.
(Quality: Classified Kickass by most. Serious professional musicians, except for the drummer.)

happyturtle
2010-10-07, 03:14 PM
"Whatever kind people play, dude," Moff says to Ozzy, then turns to Aegnor and Kev and listens to their audition. "Awesome! You're in, definitely."

Moff:
http://i431.photobucket.com/albums/qq40/happyturtle-avs/greyhat.png

Moff's Clipboard:

Acts:
Nephrim (Earl of Purple)
Meidani (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9499810&postcount=114) (Horngeek)
The Red Streak (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9502135&postcount=151) (Murska)

Notes:
Pepsi or Coke?
Earplugs
Hobo Pete - check out - might be a great new sound Seems to have made Purple insane - maybe save in case the crowd gets restless

Murska
2010-10-07, 03:17 PM
Aegnor bows theatrically. "Glad you like."
Next, Kevry steps up from packing up his guitar.
"Hey, we might be having a friend join in as a drummer if he manages to get here. That okay?"

InyutheBeatIs
2010-10-07, 03:28 PM
"Whatever kind people play, dude," Moff says to Ozzy, then turns to Aegnor and Kev and listens to their audition. "Awesome! You're in, definitely."

Moff:
http://i431.photobucket.com/albums/qq40/happyturtle-avs/greyhat.png

Moff's Clipboard:

Acts:
Nephrim (Earl of Purple)
The Red Streak (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9502135&postcount=151) (Murska)

Notes:
Pepsi or Coke?
Earplugs

Ozzy smiles, then listens to Aegnor and Kev. Moff might find Ozzy suddenly leaning on his shoulder with his elbow. He gives Aegnor and Kev a thumbs up. "Awesome, mates. Not my kind of music, but still." He then pops back in front of Moff, uppercutting an NPC with his head in the process. "Now, what do I need to do to get in?"

happyturtle
2010-10-07, 03:34 PM
"Sure, if your drummer's any good, that's no problem," Moff says to Kevry. Then to Ozzy. "Fill out this form, then show me you can play."

InyutheBeatIs
2010-10-07, 03:45 PM
"Sure, if your drummer's any good, that's no problem," Moff says to Kevry. Then to Ozzy. "Fill out this form, then show me you can play."

Ozzy takes the form and looks it over. He then looks at Moff, then back to the form. "Alright then..." After some scribbling, he hands the form to Moff. His head then darts around, trying to find some potential band members he can aquire.

Name of act: Pillager and the Axes
Type of performance: ****ing Metal
Equipment needed: Roadies and beer.
(ooc note: Quality of performance: Kick***. Really, did you expect anything less?)

ThePhantom
2010-10-07, 04:00 PM
Meidani nods. Pauses. "I'll need sheet music for that one, I've never heard it before."

...if she can get her hands on a sheet music, she'll deliver quite a respectable rendition of it.

[Auditions]

Sheet music is provided, and Moff nods after she finishes singing. "Okay. I'm going to send this recording to Gordon and see if your voice will do for the part he has in mind. Either way, you'll be in the lineup." And he falls back into deadtime with the other group.

Rogar walks by and tries to hand Moff a radio.

"My boss wants to tell you how he liked the singer you got lined up."

happyturtle
2010-10-07, 04:04 PM
Moff takes the radio. "Hey Sparky. You heard her?"

horngeek
2010-10-07, 04:04 PM
Meidani, meanwhile, is waiting for her audition.

ThePhantom
2010-10-07, 04:07 PM
"I heard it, and she sounds good. She should work out quite fine."

The radio brings Gordon's voice clearly to Moff.

happyturtle
2010-10-07, 04:10 PM
((Meidani already auditioned. :smallconfused:))

"Okay. She wants to know when you can meet up for rehearsals."

Shadowcaller
2010-10-07, 04:10 PM
A young raven haired woman dressed in a conservative black fashionable long-sleeved dress can be seen wandering around NexusStock, looking curiously, yet slightly worried at the people around her. She looks to have been going to a opera hall instead of a music festival but made a wrong turn somewhere along the way.

ThePhantom
2010-10-07, 04:13 PM
"Little busy with unexpected guests right now. I'll be there when I can get there."

A henchman, working on setting things up, walks by the lady who looks like she was heading to the opera.

"You here to join the big event?"

horngeek
2010-10-07, 04:13 PM
{{Okay, then. I thought she still needed to do her actual act for auditioning. :smalltongue:}}

Meidani, in that case, is waiting around!

InyutheBeatIs
2010-10-07, 04:17 PM
{{Okay, then. I thought she still needed to do her actual act for auditioning. :smalltongue:}}

Meidani, in that case, is waiting around!

Ozzy decides, eh, why not, and pops up next to her. He's still trying to decide whether or not he should convert some henchmen into awesome band members or not.

horngeek
2010-10-07, 04:17 PM
She looks at him. "Hello."

Shadowcaller
2010-10-07, 04:21 PM
"Little busy with unexpected guests right now. I'll be there when I can get there."

A henchman, working on setting things up, walks by the lady who looks like she was heading to the opera.

"You here to join the big event?"

The woman seems to freeze for a moment in surprise of the sudden question and makes a quick polite nod towards the henchman "Actually..." She takes a deep breath "I was looking for my husband, a red-haired elf dressed in green most of the time, goes by the name Aegnor.. may you have seen him?" She smiles, if a bit nervously.

InyutheBeatIs
2010-10-07, 04:22 PM
She looks at him. "Hello."

He turns his head to face her. "Hello. You here to rock the festival?"

ThePhantom
2010-10-07, 04:24 PM
The woman seems to freeze for a moment in surprise of the sudden question and makes a quick polite nod towards the henchman "Actually..." She takes a deep breath "I was looking for my husband, a red-haired elf dressed in green most of the time, goes by the name Aegnor.. may you have seen him?" She smiles, if a bit nervously.

"Sorry, I haven't. Been too busy setting up for the event. Got to get back to that, before Stiff spots me goofing off."

The henchman goes to set up a tent.

happyturtle
2010-10-07, 04:27 PM
"Okay. Get here when you can," Moff says to Gordon, then hands the radio back to Rogar. "Oh, boss says you need to walk on your hands the rest of the day."

ThePhantom
2010-10-07, 04:28 PM
Rogar sighs, and does a handstand.

"At least this isn't super painful."

horngeek
2010-10-07, 04:28 PM
He turns his head to face her. "Hello. You here to rock the festival?"

"Well, I'm singing here. I don't really do rock, though."

Quincunx
2010-10-07, 04:32 PM
"No ()%#." Tzimfemme cuts in as much for Meidani's protection as anything, eyeing up Ozzy with a backstage stare. "Rock you ain't, but you might do the cover justice."

D_Lord
2010-10-07, 04:35 PM
Moff may find something new added to his clipbroad.

Name of act: Raise up the Maddness.
Type of performance: Music? Is that right?
Equipment needed: Nothing I need from you, other than an audience
(ooc note: Quality of performance: I hope it’s Entertaining )

InyutheBeatIs
2010-10-07, 04:36 PM
"No ()%#." Tzimfemme cuts in as much for Meidani's protection as anything, eyeing up Ozzy with a backstage stare. "Rock you ain't, but you might do the cover justice."

Ozzy pops up next to this person. He gets a bit in her face, a grin on his own. "It's about ****ing time I found a fellow rocker here. Even if you do look like some kind of doodle..."

iElf
2010-10-07, 04:36 PM
@ iElf: The Black Necromancers are invited to audition.

the girl turns up with 5 skeletons., and they play...tourniquet as covered by Rasputina, with her singing . the moff may see that she is definitely a bard

happyturtle
2010-10-07, 04:37 PM
Moff's Clipboard:

Acts:
Nephrim (Earl of Purple)
Raise Up the Madness (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9502712&postcount=174) (D_Lord)

Notes:
Pepsi or Coke?
Earplugs

Murska
2010-10-07, 04:40 PM
Aegnor and Kevry are walking together, discussing the progression of a riff, when Aegnor spots something. "Heyyy!"
He runs to the raven-haired woman and hugs her out of the blue. "Cessie! You got here too! I met an old friend on the way, and well... things happened and we're now playing at the festival. Do you want to join in?"

Kevry follows Aegnor to the woman, smiling politely.

Quincunx
2010-10-07, 04:48 PM
"I don't do the rocking, I only reflect the glory." Tzimfemme's smirk and color reflect indeed, once Ozzy's focused on her, shifting and lightening to better coordinate with his outfit. "Though I wouldn't say no to touching the guitar neck which trashed the speakers when the Lilith Fair frump tried to tread on the same stage--what'm I telling you for? You were there." She whips her head around for the pose and the strut--she's telling all of them who have to back off from her hair.

Shadowcaller
2010-10-07, 04:55 PM
"Sorry, I haven't. Been too busy setting up for the event. Got to get back to that, before Stiff spots me goofing off."

The henchman goes to set up a tent.

"Thank you for your time." The woman replies before he goes back to setting up tent.

Then a moment later she get's hugged by Aegnor "Uh... hi to you too." Cessie says with a warm smile, followed by a glance at Kevry.

"How nice to meet you Kevry, I'm Cessie Mithar, I'm sure Aegnor have told you about me." She nods towards him. "I haven't heard much about you so you have to excuse me for my ignorance."

She pauses, turning to Aegnor again, wanting to make sure she introduced herself first that was proper, "And for the festival, I'm not really sure what this is, what are you joining exactly Aegnor?"

Cessie looks at her husband curiously.

InyutheBeatIs
2010-10-07, 04:57 PM
"I don't do the rocking, I only reflect the glory." Tzimfemme's smirk and color reflect indeed, once Ozzy's focused on her, shifting and lightening to better coordinate with his outfit. "Though I wouldn't say no to touching the guitar neck which trashed the speakers when the Lilith Fair frump tried to tread on the same stage--what'm I telling you for? You were there." She whips her head around for the pose and the strut--she's telling all of them who have to back off from her hair.

Ozzy reclines back a bit, scratching his chin as he remembers that. "Oh yeah, I remember that time I stopped by that corner of the multiverse...the gods of metal rejoiced." He smiles as he gets the nostalgia, then he returns his attention to Tzimfemme. "Maybe you'll get to do that...and more." He then pops up next to her and grabs her, pulling her in and outstretching his hand as if to point out something. "How would you like to be in my band tonight?"

Murska
2010-10-07, 05:01 PM
Aegnor lets her go soon enough and steps back, turning to face both of the others. "Cessie's my wife and one awesome singer, too."

Kevry smiles. "Nice to meet you. I'm Kevry, me and Aegnor met some years back." He offers a hand.

"This is a music festival, and since Kevry was here we thought we should play." Aegnor pats his guitar case. "He's a strong influence on my style, actually."

(deadtime, sleep)

Shadowcaller
2010-10-07, 05:13 PM
While handshake or any other kind of bodily contact is not a custom in Hestopia where Cessie is from, she takes his his hand and shakes it very gently, trying to ignore what Aegnor said about her being a good singer.

"A pleasure to meet you Kevry, your a musician as well then? If you inspired Aegnor, you must be very good at what you do." She returns his smile.

"As for the festival... isn't there some kind of rules to this? I'm not really made to be on a stage after all."

ThePhantom
2010-10-07, 05:15 PM
A helicopter flies in, and lands in the nearest open field.

Gordon gets out of the helicopter and heads for the stage, henchmen saluting him as he pasts.

happyturtle
2010-10-07, 05:16 PM
Moff nudges Meidani and points to Gordon. "That's your singing partner. You'd better go catch up with him."

horngeek
2010-10-07, 05:17 PM
Meidani nods, and heads for Gordon. "Hello? I'm your partner for the song. Do you have a spare sheet of the music?"

Quincunx
2010-10-07, 05:20 PM
She wasn't built to hope, and doesn't look proud doing it, and quashes it pronto. "There isn't autotune magic strong enough," takes the verbal hit, swallows hard, stares herself down, "and I'm not breaking the band up over any no-hoper. I'm backstage crew. I'm festival-crawler road-trip-organizer. I'm the follower." Stands as proud as a frontliner, though, and meets him eye to eye as the chopper downdraft knocks everything around them askew. "I am Tzimfemme--give me a portal and I will bring you some very fine post-performance beer."

That invitation hangs there in the air and sizzles--or maybe that's the aftereffects of Ozzy ripping himself out of brimstone and fire--and Meidani has decided it's past time to leave these uncouth people, lack of supporting singer or no lack of supporting singer.

ThePhantom
2010-10-07, 05:23 PM
Gordon stops and looks at Meidani and nods.

"I do."

Gordon pulls out the sheet music for this song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUKLeW6AmkA&feature=related).

"I'm hoping you know how to sing in front of a crowd. This is not going to be a small audience."

InyutheBeatIs
2010-10-07, 05:32 PM
She wasn't built to hope, and doesn't look proud doing it, and quashes it pronto. "There isn't autotune magic strong enough," takes the verbal hit, swallows hard, stares herself down, "and I'm not breaking the band up over any no-hoper. I'm backstage crew. I'm festival-crawler road-trip-organizer. I'm the follower." Stands as proud as a frontliner, though, and meets him eye to eye as the chopper downdraft knocks everything around them askew. "I am Tzimfemme--give me a portal and I will bring you some very fine post-performance beer."

That invitation hangs there in the air and sizzles--or maybe that's the aftereffects of Ozzy ripping himself out of brimstone and fire--and Meidani has decided it's past time to leave these uncouth people, lack of supporting singer or no lack of supporting singer.

Ozzy just looks at her as though she's lost her mind. "...Do you know who you're talking to?" He then raises his fist in the air as though he were victorious. "I'm the ****ing Emissary of the Gods of Metal!! I'm the Pillager!! Ex-Keeper of Timeless Secrets and all that ****!" He then points back to Tzimfemme. "I can make you one of the band. I can make you absolutely fantastic at whatever you want! Although if you still want to get it, the beer would be fantastic." He then moves his shades just a tad down his nose, revealing his eyes. They reveal a power of uncontrolled, undiluted, untamed Metal. "I, can make you, a rock star."

horngeek
2010-10-07, 05:37 PM
Gordon stops and looks at Meidani and nods.

"I do."

Gordon pulls out the sheet music for this song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUKLeW6AmkA&feature=related).

"I'm hoping you know how to sing in front of a crowd. This is not going to be a small audience."

{{O.o Stop making me paranoid, darnit. I know how that song ends in the musical!}}

Meidani nod. "I can do that."

ThePhantom
2010-10-07, 05:39 PM
(What? It moves on to Music of the Night, that's all.)

Gordon smiles, and goes on to look for Moff.

"Very good. I'll see you later, I need to check on the stage."

horngeek
2010-10-07, 05:41 PM
{{She gets kidnapped by him? Or am I thinking of the wrong song here?}}

She nods, and starts humming her part.

ThePhantom
2010-10-07, 05:48 PM
(Well, its The Mirror where the phantom takes her down to his lair for the first time. Its Past the Point of No Return when he kidnaps her.)

Gordon is stilling looking for Moff.

horngeek
2010-10-07, 05:50 PM
{{Ah, yes. I was thinking of that one.

...has Gordon met Meidani/know she's Exalted? Because if either of those is true, this could be... interesting.}}

ThePhantom
2010-10-07, 05:53 PM
(Was she at the embassy? If yes, maybe. If not, he doesn't know.)

ThirdEmperor
2010-10-07, 05:53 PM
Suddenly a massive earthquake shakes the ground, destroying portapotties and knocking NPCs to the ground, and huge blast of blinding light explodes outwards from the center of the stage. When the light fades away a sleek, black cube stands in the middle of the now smoldering stage. One of the cubes walls swings open like a door, and skinny, black haired man wearing a lab coat and what appears to be a set of nine-lensed goggles steps through. Is this Middle Earth? Someone said something about destroying a ring I believe?

ThePhantom
2010-10-07, 05:58 PM
Gordon turns at the sound of destruction. :smallmad:

"Who is messing up my music festial!?!"

Henchmen, while picking themselves up, grumble at being knocked to the ground.

horngeek
2010-10-07, 06:02 PM
{{I... think so. Yes, she was.

...this will be entertaining. :smallamused:}}

ThirdEmperor
2010-10-07, 06:02 PM
Music festival! Piece of $@&# dimensional transportation unit!

ThePhantom
2010-10-07, 06:04 PM
{{I... think so. Yes, she was.

...this will be entertaining. :smallamused:}}

Music festival! Piece of $@&# dimensional transportation unit!

(Well, Gordon doesn't remember her.)

Gordon storms off the stage and heads for the man in the labcoat.

"Indeed, and now, to pay for the things you damaged, you will be working here, cleaning the stage and other things." :smallannoyed:

ThirdEmperor
2010-10-07, 06:08 PM
Er, do you need someone to work the lights by any chance? What about amps, repair, pyrotechnics. The man says desperatly.

ThePhantom
2010-10-07, 06:23 PM
Er, do you need someone to work the lights by any chance? What about amps, repair, pyrotechnics. The man says desperatly.

"Well, we could use someone with the amps."

Gordon taps his foot, thinking.

Moff Chumley
2010-10-07, 06:29 PM

:yuk: Is the only thing you'll get out of The Moff. :smalltongue:

Back she saunters to the Moff-clone and presents the poster. "I am Tzimfemme. I've served as a blue mage." Tzimfemme touches her temple and her headband. "Blue's the color of confusion. What sort of 'enchanting' do you need done? Might be doable. Might not."

The Moff leans in a bit. You wouldn't happen to be cool with, er, mind control shenanigans, would you? *enormous wink*

At the Drive-In (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBUtkPrANRs) circa 2001 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caEYU9_hAlo) have turned up. Why? How? They just have. They don't need a reason or a method, they're goddamn At the Drive-In.

The Moff fangirlsquees and hugs Cedric.

ThirdEmperor
2010-10-07, 06:40 PM
Give me some scrap metal and I'll get right on it. Also, is there any room for more bands? The man asks hopefully.

Quincunx
2010-10-07, 06:44 PM
Tzimfemme drinks this in. One hand drifts up to her hair, tucks in one of the finest braids with a whispery sound, surreptitiously checks that the headband is still there--and, unmarked, it is. "Stars need to rock to someone. I've got a need for you. You want to dilute that with a need for an audience?" Her voice goes husky, but stays strong. "I don't.

"I'll be rocking along with you--supporting your gig--spreading your rep to these wool-eared wayward children of the synthesizer. I won't be on stage." The stage disintegrates as though another soul's just escaped from the nine hells. "Not least because of happenings like that," she adds, in a lighter, wholly uncool tone: sardonic. (Gods of Metal do not do sardonic. If a God of Metal must give a wholly uncool person that much time and attention, they'll do it with the nearest blunt object.)

Damage control is needed, and she makes a tour through the wreckage. "Pure electronics. Couldn't they have wired it with at least some mana?" Tzimfemme finds Moff Prime disposing of some audition papers in the nearest convenient smoldering wreckage. "'Mind control shenanigans'. . .I can't reliably inflict them, but I could block them. To a point. Also I'm not working Ozzy's set, at least not for you."

billtodamax
2010-10-07, 06:51 PM
A man of about 17 walks up to the Moff currently handling auditions. He's holding a solid gold violin, and has a cocky smile on his face.

'm here to audition. He says, grinning.

happyturtle
2010-10-07, 06:53 PM
*points to the other Moff*

HT is burnt out on auditions for now. Moff, you're in charge of the clipboard. :smalltongue:

InyutheBeatIs
2010-10-07, 07:00 PM
Tzimfemme drinks this in. One hand drifts up to her hair, tucks in one of the finest braids with a whispery sound, surreptitiously checks that the headband is still there--and, unmarked, it is. "Stars need to rock to someone. I've got a need for you. You want to dilute that with a need for an audience?" Her voice goes husky, but stays strong. "I don't.

"I'll be rocking along with you--supporting your gig--spreading your rep to these wool-eared wayward children of the synthesizer. I won't be on stage." The stage disintegrates as though another soul's just escaped from the nine hells. "Not least because of happenings like that," she adds, in a lighter, wholly uncool tone: sardonic. (Gods of Metal do not do sardonic. If a God of Metal must give a wholly uncool person that much time and attention, they'll do it with the nearest blunt object.)"

Ozzy puts his shades back where they used to be, looking somewhat dissapointed that she didn't accept his offer. He lets go of her, and turns away. "Alright, your loss I suppose. I'll see you in the front row then, and maybe afterwards, backstage." He throws up the horns with one of his arms. "I've got an audition to get to."

At this point, Ozzy snaps his fingers, the sound reverberating through the earth. Soon, an entire band shows up in the exact same manner he did. A drummer made of stone, and 8' feet tall at least. A back-up singer with the face of an angel, covered in leather armor. A guitar player with four arms, each one of them covered in chrome. These are just a few of the members.

The whole group moves towards whoever is taking auditions, Ozzy tapping his foot until they're ready to take the audition. The form was already given to the other Moff.

ThePhantom
2010-10-07, 07:06 PM
Give me some scrap metal and I'll get right on it. Also, is there any room for more bands? The man asks hopefully.

"Yes, there's room. Talk to the man in the grey hat about signing up. I'll get you some scrap metal, but you'll have to pay for it later."

Gordon walks back to the stage. Still things to do.

Chas the mage
2010-10-07, 07:28 PM
"Hey hey hey... the 'Passionate Apocalypse' isn't a literal one, right?" You never know in the Nexus. :smalltongue:

"No... Not last time I checked..."

horngeek
2010-10-07, 07:32 PM
Meidani is still humming her part. She doesn't want to disrupt auditions, which is why she isn't outright singing it. :smalltongue:

ThirdEmperor
2010-10-07, 07:37 PM
Ah, good. I'll be back in a minute. The man says, striding off to where the auditions are being held. Ahem, I was told that you were handling auditions, so please tell me when you are ready to have your mind blown.

Moff Chumley
2010-10-07, 07:37 PM
Damage control is needed, and she makes a tour through the wreckage. "Pure electronics. Couldn't they have wired it with at least some mana?" Tzimfemme finds Moff Prime disposing of some audition papers in the nearest convenient smoldering wreckage. "'Mind control shenanigans'. . .I can't reliably inflict them, but I could block them. To a point. Also I'm not working Ozzy's set, at least not for you."

Well, as long as you don't block them, we'll be fine. :smalltongue:

*points to the other Moff*

HT is burnt out on auditions for now. Moff, you're in charge of the clipboard. :smalltongue:

*salute* ON IT!

A man of about 17 walks up to the Moff currently handling auditions. He's holding a solid gold violin, and has a cocky smile on his face.

'm here to audition. He says, grinning.

The Moff puts a hand on the kid's shoulder, and directs him to the audition room. Amaze me. :smallamused:

Ah, good. I'll be back in a minute. The man says, striding off to where the auditions are being held. Ahem, I was told that you were handling auditions, so please tell me when you are ready to have your mind blown.

You can go next.

billtodamax
2010-10-07, 07:49 PM
Sure will. He says, walking into the audition room.

This is where Bill would get a youtube link of someone playin' the fiddle, but he's at his grandma's house, and she doesn't have enough credit for me to do that. Suffice it to say that it's pretty awesome.

Name of act: Johnny
Type of performance: Fiddle.
Equipment needed: Summoning circle made from the blood of a churchmouse.
(ooc note: Quality of performance: Kickass. 'The best there's ever been')

Quincunx
2010-10-07, 07:57 PM
"Forward the chaos, eh?" She's back home in sardonic territory, now, tossing him a miniaturized clone-Moff-chocolate, untempered and without gloss. "Here, have a chocolate. You'll need it. We're not going to have the highbrow kind of passion play, I do foresee." Tzimfemme rolls up the "enchanter wanted!" poster and struts back into the thickening crowd, this time giving the proverbial two-cats-fighting-in-a-sack some lessons in locomotion. Folk in her way gawk or glare, but in either case, they clear the way, and she swings herself up the speaker tower and comes near to landing on the napping henchman. "Lay low," she says, and prods him with her toes, "there's a mess out there to be put right and a mad scientist in charge of rewiring it."

[deadtime]

Moff Chumley
2010-10-07, 08:01 PM
((Hey, Turtle, can you give me the [noparse] of the clipboard?))

Hey, kid, you ever hear Primus' cover of that tune? What we in the biz refer to as "awesome". But that'll certainly do. :smallbiggrin:

ThirdEmperor
2010-10-07, 08:26 PM
The man grins, reaches into the cube and withdraws a pure black guitar. The name is Riv. He say, and begins to play.

Bolts of lightning arc from the guitar with each note, removing unfortunate passerbies eyelashes, fire shoots from the stage around Riv as he stamps his foot, and sparks fly everywhere. It is in all likelyhood the most amazing pyrotechnic display in this universe. The actual music on the other hand, is also mind-blowing, but not because of how good it is, rather, it is the most stunningly, jaw-droppingly, staggering bad music the universe has ever known, and several NPCs actually run away before the end.

So, was that awesome or what?

InyutheBeatIs
2010-10-07, 08:30 PM
The man grins, reaches into the cube and withdraws a pure black guitar. The name is Riv. He say, and begins to play.

Bolts of lightning arc from the guitar with each note, removing unfortunate passerbies eyelashes, fire shoots from the stage around Riv as he stamps his foot, and sparks fly everywhere. It is in all likelyhood the most amazing pyrotechnic display in this universe. The actual music on the other hand, is also mind-blowing, but not because of how good it is, rather, it is the most stunningly, jaw-droppingly, staggering bad music the universe has ever known, and several NPCs actually run away before the end.

So, was that awesome or what?

Since Ozzy was standing around waiting to be auditioned, he was able to bear witness to this awesome/horrible/horribly awesome/awesomely horrible display. His band members are all slack-jawed, whereas the man himself is visibly confused, eyebrows raised in shock. After what seemed like an eternity, he manages to utter out something.

"What was THAT?!?!"

ThirdEmperor
2010-10-07, 08:36 PM
That was ROCK!!! Riv shouts, flicking off the crowd of slack-jawed NPCs.

Moff Chumley
2010-10-07, 09:48 PM
The Moff yoinks the clipboard from The Moff, and glares at Riv for a moment. In the words of the great prophet Donald Trump, you're fired.

Moff's Clipboard:

Acts:
Nephrim (Earl of Purple)
Raise Up the Madness (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9502712&postcount=174) (D_Lord)
Johnny (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9504012&postcount=214) (Billtodamax)

Notes:
Pepsi or Coke?
Earplugs
Need henchmen to end auditions

happyturtle
2010-10-07, 09:50 PM
(probably should cross out Ire and the Vices, since Moff rejected them.)

ThePhantom
2010-10-07, 09:54 PM
Gordon, working below the stage, heads back up.

"What was that rachet? I could hear from under the stage?"

Moff Chumley
2010-10-07, 09:54 PM
((Good call. :smalltongue:

>.>

<.<))

ThirdEmperor
2010-10-07, 09:55 PM
What the heck! I rock harder than anyone else here! Were you even looking at those pyrotechnics? Riv shouts angrily!

InyutheBeatIs
2010-10-07, 09:56 PM
That was ROCK!!! Riv shouts, flicking off the crowd of slack-jawed NPCs.

After The Moff was done with Riv, Ozzy speaks his mind. "That was ****ing terrible!!! Except for the pyrotechnics, that was rock!"

He then looks at The Moff. "You take auditions?"

ThePhantom
2010-10-07, 09:57 PM
"You may rock harder, but we do not want a riot. At least you know pyrotechnics."

Gordon gets off the stage, and starts looking through some sheet music.

Moff Chumley
2010-10-07, 09:58 PM
'course. But I'd never dream of making you audition, bossman. Although, I'm sure we could benefit from some real rock... :smallbiggrin:

ThePhantom
2010-10-07, 10:00 PM
"Oh, what I had in mind was practicing, seeing how well she can do with me."

Gordon finds the sheet he was looking for.

InyutheBeatIs
2010-10-07, 10:00 PM
'course. But I'd never dream of making you audition, bossman. Although, I'm sure we could benefit from some real rock... :smallbiggrin:

"That name's new..."

He then summons a mike, with stand, from lava-outta-nowhere-that-is-probably-Hell. "So, you want me to give these people a preview show, then?" Ozzy says with a grin.

horngeek
2010-10-07, 10:04 PM
Meidani is heading over now!

ThirdEmperor
2010-10-07, 10:05 PM
That's it, I'll show you rock, I wasn't even using half my pyrotechnics that time! It's a rock off!!!! Riv shouts, another flash of lights burning off the remaining eyebrows in the crowd as another one of the cubes Rive arrived in appears. This cube disgorges three humanoid robots, two carrying a guitar each, and the third lifting a set of drums in on hand.

ThePhantom
2010-10-07, 10:08 PM
Gordon starts backing away.

"Oh dear. Moff, I suggest that we get everything can be set on fire away from the stage. This is going to be rocking."

Moff Chumley
2010-10-07, 10:11 PM
The Moff does :confused:, then :annoyed:, then settles on :amused:. Hey, by all means. Don't mind if I chime in myself, of course. I'll start things off, shall I? Vaulting onto the audition stage, The Moff picks up a Jackson V (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aIhh9nFYv4&feature=related), and with a knowing wink to Ozzy, plays the opening riff from Paranoid (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aIhh9nFYv4&feature=related).

InyutheBeatIs
2010-10-07, 10:24 PM
The Moff does :confused:, then :annoyed:, then settles on :amused:. Hey, by all means. Don't mind if I chime in myself, of course. I'll start things off, shall I? Vaulting onto the audition stage, The Moff picks up a Jackson V (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aIhh9nFYv4&feature=related), and with a knowing wink to Ozzy, plays the opening riff from Paranoid (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aIhh9nFYv4&feature=related).

It takes Ozzy a second to get it, then realizes what The Moff is trying to get at. Him and his summoned Metal Band then pop up next to The Moff, the members of the band summoning their instruments.

He then starts singing, his voice ringing out, proving why he is a legend. His head, and those of the other members, bob to and fro, headbanging every now and again.

"Finished with my woman 'cause she couldn't help me with my mind
people think I'm insane because I am frowning all the time
All day long I think of things but nothing seems to satisfy
Think I'll lose my mind if I don't find something to pacify

Can you help me occupy my brain?
Oh yeah

I need someone to show me the things in life that I can't find
I can't see the things that make true happiness, I must be blind

Make a joke and I will sigh and you will laugh and I will cry
Happiness I cannot feel and love to me is so unreal

And so as you hear these words telling you now of my state
I tell you to enjoy life I wish I could but it's too late"

lord pringle
2010-10-07, 10:27 PM
[Audition Bldg]

Meidani will arrive just as Gorging is threatening to nom Moff if he doesn't let them into the show.
Gorging turns at Meidani You look rather tasty. How about you be a snack.

horngeek
2010-10-07, 10:30 PM
"How about no?"

ThePhantom
2010-10-07, 10:36 PM
Gordon goes and sits down. He waits for a chance to practice.

Moff Chumley
2010-10-07, 10:36 PM
It takes Ozzy a second to get it, then realizes what The Moff is trying to get at. Him and his summoned Metal Band then pop up next to The Moff, the members of the band summoning their instruments.

He then starts singing, his voice ringing out, proving why he is a legend. His head, and those of the other members, bob to and fro, headbanging every now and again.

"Finished with my woman 'cause she couldn't help me with my mind
people think I'm insane because I am frowning all the time
All day long I think of things but nothing seems to satisfy
Think I'll lose my mind if I don't find something to pacify

Can you help me occupy my brain?
Oh yeah

I need someone to show me the things in life that I can't find
I can't see the things that make true happiness, I must be blind

Make a joke and I will sigh and you will laugh and I will cry
Happiness I cannot feel and love to me is so unreal

And so as you hear these words telling you now of my state
I tell you to enjoy life I wish I could but it's too late"

The Moff motions for the band to continue with the chords for a few more bars, and extends his solo, which is more in the vein of Omar Rodriquez-Lopez (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ycfl0huGhoQ&feature=related) than Tony Iommi, for a few bars. Then motions for Riv to take a solo.

ThirdEmperor
2010-10-07, 10:53 PM
You call that rock? I'll show you rock! Riv shouts, jumping up on the stage along with his golems. We are the Rock Elementals, and this is real rock!!! Riv screams at the crowd, and the band beguns to play. Riv is as terrible as ever, but the golems, the golems play much louder, and they are mind-blowing!

With each note lightning arcs fom guitar to guitar, scorching the stage, each drumbeat sends a tremor through the earth, ripping the ground apart at the seems, with each scream, sparks fly from the stage, till the band cannot be seen, only heard! There is no song, only a beat an rythm, and you can see the cracks spread across the stage as the music grows ever louder. As the crowd watches breathless a final shower of sparks shoots upwards, forming a dragon in flight, letting out a single massive roar before exploding in a flurry of thunder as the song ends.

Then Riv steps forward for his big solo and plays a single note. The pyrotechnics from before with nothing compared to this, pilars of fire, waves of sparks, and hurricanes of lightning rock the stage, twisting into the shapes of dragons battling, of armies charging, of the end of the world and more. When it ends the crowd stands silent for a second, a awed, unbelieving second. Then Riv begins to play, a awful, ungodly sound that no-one should ever listen to. No-one in the crowd can make out a song, but not because there isn't one, but because whatever song he was trying to play, it has been mangled to the point that any living creature would be killed out of mercy. It is, in short, the worst playing ever.

lord pringle
2010-10-07, 10:55 PM
"How about no?"

With some vinegar... Gorging looks in its box to find it empty and attempts to whap her with its poison tongue.

ThePhantom
2010-10-07, 10:55 PM
Gordon takes off a pair of sunglasses he put on before Riv started playing.

"Now, that was amazing, but you need better music for that talent. Tell you what, go and find something better, and then comeback and play."

Moff Chumley
2010-10-07, 10:56 PM
That's it, I'm stabbing you in the face. The Moff says it offhandedly enough, but the fact that he's pulled a butterfly knife out of his jacket, which he's flipping around expertly, says something else.

horngeek
2010-10-07, 10:58 PM
Meidani whips out a fan from her dress, and deflects the tongue with it. She retrieves another fan, and holds them cautiously.

ThirdEmperor
2010-10-07, 10:59 PM
Riv dons a welding mask very quickly.

ThePhantom
2010-10-07, 11:01 PM
"Moff, we could just make him do his stuff for the other bands. After all, we could use a little polish to our final number."

Gordon however is doing nothing else to save Riv from his incoming fate.

InyutheBeatIs
2010-10-07, 11:02 PM
When Riv gets to his "special solo", Ozzy moves to hit Riv in the back of the head with the mike stand. It frikkin' burns with the very fires of Hell. In fact, he basically set his head on fire. "Don't ever play that damn song ever again."

ThirdEmperor
2010-10-07, 11:07 PM
Ah, &%"# this, I'm modding this $#;\ guitar. And maybe some voice-box implants. Riv say bitterly, hopping back into the cube and teleporting away in a flash of light. When the light clears there is a small spherical object left behind. A spherical object with a red timer counting down from 1:00, thankfully, it also has a on/off switch.

Moff Chumley
2010-10-07, 11:08 PM
The Moff continues forward with the knife. Which isn't an ordinary knife, it's The Cost. And an ordinary welding mask is gonna do about as much good as a teddy bear'd do against a tank...

The Moff drops the thing into the Yellow Road. Bye bye!

ThePhantom
2010-10-07, 11:08 PM
Gordon waits for someone else to deal with what Riv left being. He has a song to practice.

lord pringle
2010-10-07, 11:13 PM
Meidani whips out a fan from her dress, and deflects the tongue with it. She retrieves another fan, and holds them cautiously.

Gorging turns around mumbling
((deadtime eats the band))